Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24
Because WE CAN
Because WE CAN
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Onwards through Pinefall! [center][item=tiger shrimp] [u]Day 27[/u] Dusk, Aiki, and Vaz wandered through Pinefall. Kat and Autumn were watching the hatchlings at their spot near the edge of town, but the others had wanted to see what Pinefall offered. "What's that?" Aiki pointed at a nearby shop. The sign above the door simply read, 'Training'. "Why don't we find out?" Vaz replied. He walked up to the door confidently, pushing it open and disappearing inside. Aiki looked at Dusk, who shrugged. They followed the spiral through the door. The three stepped into a dark, slightly musty room. There was plenty of space near the front for dragons of all sizes to fit, although none were currently there. Towards the back of the room, a small desk stood, with paperwork crammed on top. Two doors were on the back wall, closed tightly. "Whoever works here might need Kat to show them how to organize," Aiki joked. The door slowly closed behind them, and a bell attached to the top let out a merry jingle. The door on the right opened immediately, and a skydancer stepped out. "Customers! Well, hello there. It's been a while since I've seen any new faces here." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23019104] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230192/23019104_350.png[/img] [/url] "My name is Suer," said the skydancer. "I'm one of the top trainers in this town. Would you like me to help teach you some fighting skills?" "Training! I get it now," said Vaz. He stepped forward. "My name is Vaz, and I'd like to try this!" He gestured towards his friends. "This is Dusk and Aiki. We could all use some help with our fighting skills, honestly." Suer blinked in surprise when she saw Vaz's face, but made no comment. Instead, she smiled at them. "Of course. Since you're newcomers, I won't charge you for your first session here, and I can teach you the basics." She walked over and opened the door to the left, which led outside. "Go ahead!" Vaz, Dusk, and Aiki stepped outside, and found themselves in an arena of sorts. The back of the shop led to the woods, but there was a clearing that had been carved out. The dirt was packed tightly, showing that many dragons had been there. Suer cleared her throat, and the three turned around. "Now, why don't you show me what you can do?" ~ ~ ~ The sun was beginning to set. The coatl, the spiral, and the pearlcatcher trudged back to where Kat and Autumn were with the hatchlings. "Wow. That was helpful, but she was tough," Vaz said. Suer had tested his physical capabilities until he barely had enough energy to scratch at the target. "You're telling me," Aiki replied. She and Dusk had meditated, learning how to gather more energy from the environment. But it wasn't as simple as it sounded; after they learned how to get as much energy as possible, they went straight to casting the most powerful spells they could. Aiki glanced at her palms. "My claws are still tingling from using all that magic." "So are mine," said Dusk. "But at least we've gotten better." "Yeah," agreed Vaz. "We might have to go back at some point, and take Kat and Autumn with us." "Suer was pretty nice, and she's good at what she does," said Aiki. "We'll definitely have to go back."
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Onwards through Pinefall!
Tiger Shrimp

Day 27

Dusk, Aiki, and Vaz wandered through Pinefall. Kat and Autumn were watching the hatchlings at their spot near the edge of town, but the others had wanted to see what Pinefall offered.
"What's that?" Aiki pointed at a nearby shop. The sign above the door simply read, 'Training'.
"Why don't we find out?" Vaz replied. He walked up to the door confidently, pushing it open and disappearing inside.
Aiki looked at Dusk, who shrugged. They followed the spiral through the door.
The three stepped into a dark, slightly musty room. There was plenty of space near the front for dragons of all sizes to fit, although none were currently there. Towards the back of the room, a small desk stood, with paperwork crammed on top. Two doors were on the back wall, closed tightly.
"Whoever works here might need Kat to show them how to organize," Aiki joked.
The door slowly closed behind them, and a bell attached to the top let out a merry jingle.
The door on the right opened immediately, and a skydancer stepped out. "Customers! Well, hello there. It's been a while since I've seen any new faces here."

23019104_350.png

"My name is Suer," said the skydancer. "I'm one of the top trainers in this town. Would you like me to help teach you some fighting skills?"
"Training! I get it now," said Vaz. He stepped forward. "My name is Vaz, and I'd like to try this!" He gestured towards his friends. "This is Dusk and Aiki. We could all use some help with our fighting skills, honestly."
Suer blinked in surprise when she saw Vaz's face, but made no comment. Instead, she smiled at them. "Of course. Since you're newcomers, I won't charge you for your first session here, and I can teach you the basics."
She walked over and opened the door to the left, which led outside. "Go ahead!"
Vaz, Dusk, and Aiki stepped outside, and found themselves in an arena of sorts. The back of the shop led to the woods, but there was a clearing that had been carved out. The dirt was packed tightly, showing that many dragons had been there.
Suer cleared her throat, and the three turned around.
"Now, why don't you show me what you can do?"
~ ~ ~
The sun was beginning to set.
The coatl, the spiral, and the pearlcatcher trudged back to where Kat and Autumn were with the hatchlings.
"Wow. That was helpful, but she was tough," Vaz said. Suer had tested his physical capabilities until he barely had enough energy to scratch at the target.
"You're telling me," Aiki replied. She and Dusk had meditated, learning how to gather more energy from the environment. But it wasn't as simple as it sounded; after they learned how to get as much energy as possible, they went straight to casting the most powerful spells they could.
Aiki glanced at her palms. "My claws are still tingling from using all that magic."
"So are mine," said Dusk. "But at least we've gotten better."
"Yeah," agreed Vaz. "We might have to go back at some point, and take Kat and Autumn with us."
"Suer was pretty nice, and she's good at what she does," said Aiki. "We'll definitely have to go back."
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
We seriously both got tiger shrimp recently???
We seriously both got tiger shrimp recently???
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian
I had a whole good update planned for today, but then I got writer's block. -_-
I'll attempt to write it more tomorrow.
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian
I had a whole good update planned for today, but then I got writer's block. -_-
I'll attempt to write it more tomorrow.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
Man I wish I had Suers training
Man I wish I had Suers training
All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
When they have been exhumed
We'll see that we need them to be who we are
Without them we'd be doomed
image.gif
|She/Her | | Skin/accent selling | |
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian As promised! It did become a little short, however. :( [center][item=tarnished cerdae necklace] [u]Day 28[/u] Raven giggled as she ran after Soren. "Hey, get back here!" "You'll never catch me!" he shot back. "Kids, settle down, we don't need the entire town knowing you're playing," Kat told them. Soren groaned. "But, mom..." "We want to play," Raven finished. "I know that. I was a hatchling like you two once, believe it or not. Just, try to be quieter, ok?" said Kat. Raven perked up. "Ok!" She turned towards Soren, dropping her voice down. “We need to be quiet,” she whispered. “Ok,” he exaggeratedly whispered back. They chased after each other again, with less yelling this time. Kat sighed. [i]Taking care of hatchlings is exhausting,[/i] she reflected. [i]Who knows what they’ll get up to next.[/i] Just then, Dusk and the others appeared around the corner. Kat hurried over. “I was wondering where you’d gotten to!” She hugged Dusk tightly. "Sorry we took so long," he apologized. "We found a couple interesting shops, and lost track of the time." "We even found an arena for training," said Vaz. "You and Autumn should go take a look at it. The dragon who runs it is really helpful." "Did any of you find an inn or something, or a place we can work at?" asked Kat. "We'll need money fairly soon, and we can't just hang out on the edge of town forever." "We actually did find something!" said Aiki. "A couple shops will let us work odd jobs for some treasure, and there is a pretty cheap place we can stay at." "Well, what are we waiting for?" Autumn asked. "Lead the way!" ~ ~ ~ The 7 dragons made their way through the streets, Aiki leading the way. "How much longer?" Raven asked. "Not much farther," Aiki reassured her. "In fact, it should be right up ahead!" Raven yawned. "Good. I'm tired." Aiki stopped in front of a shabby-looking inn. "Here it is!" Kat furrowed her brow. "Are we sure it's... safe?" "Well, I looked around it a bit, and it seemed pretty safe," Dusk told her. "Let's go get settled in."
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian As promised! It did become a little short, however. :(
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace

Day 28

Raven giggled as she ran after Soren. "Hey, get back here!"
"You'll never catch me!" he shot back.
"Kids, settle down, we don't need the entire town knowing you're playing," Kat told them.
Soren groaned. "But, mom..."
"We want to play," Raven finished.
"I know that. I was a hatchling like you two once, believe it or not. Just, try to be quieter, ok?" said Kat.
Raven perked up. "Ok!"
She turned towards Soren, dropping her voice down. “We need to be quiet,” she whispered.
“Ok,” he exaggeratedly whispered back.
They chased after each other again, with less yelling this time.
Kat sighed. Taking care of hatchlings is exhausting, she reflected. Who knows what they’ll get up to next.
Just then, Dusk and the others appeared around the corner.
Kat hurried over. “I was wondering where you’d gotten to!” She hugged Dusk tightly.
"Sorry we took so long," he apologized. "We found a couple interesting shops, and lost track of the time."
"We even found an arena for training," said Vaz. "You and Autumn should go take a look at it. The dragon who runs it is really helpful."
"Did any of you find an inn or something, or a place we can work at?" asked Kat. "We'll need money fairly soon, and we can't just hang out on the edge of town forever."
"We actually did find something!" said Aiki. "A couple shops will let us work odd jobs for some treasure, and there is a pretty cheap place we can stay at."
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Autumn asked. "Lead the way!"
~ ~ ~
The 7 dragons made their way through the streets, Aiki leading the way.
"How much longer?" Raven asked.
"Not much farther," Aiki reassured her. "In fact, it should be right up ahead!"
Raven yawned. "Good. I'm tired."
Aiki stopped in front of a shabby-looking inn. "Here it is!"
Kat furrowed her brow. "Are we sure it's... safe?"
"Well, I looked around it a bit, and it seemed pretty safe," Dusk told her. "Let's go get settled in."
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
Hey, everyone. I’m sorry I’ve missed writing the past couple of days. Just, writing has been hard lately, trying to write out the storyline as well as fit it into my schedule. So I’m going to be taking a break for a bit. I’ll try to update every now and then, at least, and once I can get back into the swing of things I’ll let you all know.
Hey, everyone. I’m sorry I’ve missed writing the past couple of days. Just, writing has been hard lately, trying to write out the storyline as well as fit it into my schedule. So I’m going to be taking a break for a bit. I’ll try to update every now and then, at least, and once I can get back into the swing of things I’ll let you all know.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
I have no clue how I found this but. Pinglist please. I might wanna do my own Pinkerlocke this seems interesting
I have no clue how I found this but. Pinglist please. I might wanna do my own Pinkerlocke this seems interesting
Only the wise can survive the cold , we are the storm that destroys the foolish || I use He/They/It pronouns!!
@icystorm2
Of course! It’s currently on hiatus for a bit cuz school, but since school’s almost over, I’m going to be starting this up again soon. :)
@icystorm2
Of course! It’s currently on hiatus for a bit cuz school, but since school’s almost over, I’m going to be starting this up again soon. :)
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2
Celebratory ping! School is OUT! And the next update will be in a bit! I just need to finalize some things, but you will have STORYTIME!
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian @icystorm2
Celebratory ping! School is OUT! And the next update will be in a bit! I just need to finalize some things, but you will have STORYTIME!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24