Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24
Our visions of terrible are very different
@ObsidianMage
I would SWIM in those alerts maybe panic a little
I dreamt I packed my lunch...
I don't know why..
and the weird thing is I packed cereal..
I hate cereal..
Our visions of terrible are very different
@ObsidianMage
I would SWIM in those alerts maybe panic a little
I dreamt I packed my lunch...
I don't know why..
and the weird thing is I packed cereal..
I hate cereal..
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Holy wall of text, Batman. Brace yourselves. [center][item=longneck winter gear] [u]Day 24[/u] Dusk wandered through the woods. Time passed, but he was barely aware of it. He had to find Kat. [i]Where could everyone else have gone?[/i] he wondered. He pressed his claws to his head. [i]Ok, stop. Think. Where would someone go?[/i] He considered some options for a moment. [i]Priorities, that's what everyone will be focused on. If not finding each other, then food, water, and shelter.[/i] He sighed. [i]This forest is huge. If we don't find each other soon, then we might just wander away from each other.[/i] Dusk scanned the forest. [i]Where else could we go?[/i] Just for an instant, he thought he... not quite [i]heard[/i], but more [i]felt[/i] something nearby. He spun in that direction. [i]What was that?[/i] He shrugged and decided to go that way. [i]Maybe there's something useful there.[/i] ~ ~ ~ Aiki was determined to find the others. She had gathered some small remnants of food, putting them in her bag for now. [i]That'll help for a while, but not for long.[/i] [i]Right now, though, I need to focus on finding everyone.[/i] She thought for a moment. [i]Maybe... It's been a while since I've tried this, but maybe...[/i] She drew out her pearl from its pouch. Passing her claws over the slick surface, she focused on Dusk. Nothing happened. She tried again, this time thinking of Autumn. What seemed like mist swirled gently through the pearl, showing thoughts of the others. A building passed into view, then faded away before many details could be seen. Aiki sighed in frustration. [i]Of course it wouldn't work well, the one time I need it to.[/i] She considered what she had seen. [i]But that might be where they're headed.[/i] ~ ~ ~ Kat sighed. How long had she been out here, searching for the others? [i]I thought this was the way back,[/i] she thought. [i]Maybe I mixed up my directions? In that case, I have no clue where I am.[/i] [i]I might even have ended up near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent.[/i] Just as she thought that, she caught a glimpse of something, half-hidden on the ground. Examining it, she saw a claw print- but not any she'd seen before. [i]Is that... an Imperial track?[/i] she wondered. [i]Where's an Imperial going all the way out here?[/i] She examined her surroundings more closely. Now that she thought about it, the undergrowth here seemed a little... off. Like it had been moved aside, to make room. [i]Is this a path?[/i] she wondered. [i]If it is, where does it go?[/i] ~ ~ ~ Autumn and Vaz moved warily through the trees. They had decided to try and look for the others, and Vaz had thought he had seen something off in the distance. They moved closer, being careful, but also curious. "Is that a... building?" Autumn asked in bewilderment. A large cabin, made of pinewood, stood near the edge of a clearing. As the fae and spiral investigated, they saw that the building was one of many. Other dragons moved through the street, paying no mind to Autumn and Vaz. Signs were above some doorways, although some had no markings. "Tailor... Scrollshop... Inn..." Vaz read from some of them. He looked at Autumn with a smile. "This is a town! We were lucky enough to find someplace!" "That's all well and good, but what about the others?" she reminded him. "We still need to find them." "You're right," Vaz agreed. He turned, Autumn fluttering after him. "Maybe we can ask if anyone else saw them?" Before Autumn could respond, a small crowd nearby suddenly stirred. Some dragons were shouting from its midst, while others tried to quiet them. A pearlcatcher burst out the other side, shoved unceremoniously out of the way. "Can't you help me? I need to find my friends!" "Aiki!" cried Autumn. Aiki spun around instantly when she heard Autumn, and ran over to her. "I'm so glad I found you!" said the pearlcatcher. "I'd been looking around for a while, and discovered this town. I figured you might have ended up here, too, so I asked around a bit. They don't seem to like me too much, though," she added, glancing back at the crowd. Some dragons were still muttering angrily about "stupid out-of-towners". "Any sign of Dusk or Kat?" Vaz asked. Aiki shook her head. "Not yet, but they'll turn up soon," she said confidently. They looked around hopefully. And in the distance, a spiral hurried into view. "Kat!" called Aiki. "Over here!" The spiral turned, and even though she was far away, her smile was huge. She ran towards them, a couple bags bouncing against her. She immediately stopped and checked that they were safe, then resumed her running, but at a slower pace. "It's good to see you all," Kat smiled. "It's good to see you, too!" said Autumn. Kat glanced around for a moment. "Has anyone seen Dusk yet?" "I'm right here," said the coatl as he folded Kat in a hug. "Well, we've all made it to this place in one piece," commented Vaz. "But what exactly [u]is[/u] this place?" asked Aiki. Dusk looked up. "That might help," he offered, pointing at a large sign towering over the entrance path. It read, "Welcome to Pinefall." ----- As you can see, we have left the cave to take up residence in this town! We'll be here for a while. And there may be opportunities for other dragons to interact in the Pinkerlocke, so stay tuned!
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Holy wall of text, Batman. Brace yourselves.
Longneck Winter Gear

Day 24

Dusk wandered through the woods. Time passed, but he was barely aware of it. He had to find Kat.
Where could everyone else have gone? he wondered. He pressed his claws to his head. Ok, stop. Think. Where would someone go?
He considered some options for a moment. Priorities, that's what everyone will be focused on. If not finding each other, then food, water, and shelter.
He sighed. This forest is huge. If we don't find each other soon, then we might just wander away from each other.
Dusk scanned the forest. Where else could we go?
Just for an instant, he thought he... not quite heard, but more felt something nearby. He spun in that direction. What was that?
He shrugged and decided to go that way. Maybe there's something useful there.
~ ~ ~
Aiki was determined to find the others. She had gathered some small remnants of food, putting them in her bag for now. That'll help for a while, but not for long.
Right now, though, I need to focus on finding everyone. She thought for a moment. Maybe... It's been a while since I've tried this, but maybe...
She drew out her pearl from its pouch. Passing her claws over the slick surface, she focused on Dusk.
Nothing happened.
She tried again, this time thinking of Autumn.
What seemed like mist swirled gently through the pearl, showing thoughts of the others. A building passed into view, then faded away before many details could be seen.
Aiki sighed in frustration. Of course it wouldn't work well, the one time I need it to.
She considered what she had seen. But that might be where they're headed.
~ ~ ~
Kat sighed. How long had she been out here, searching for the others?
I thought this was the way back, she thought. Maybe I mixed up my directions? In that case, I have no clue where I am.
I might even have ended up near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent.
Just as she thought that, she caught a glimpse of something, half-hidden on the ground. Examining it, she saw a claw print- but not any she'd seen before.
Is that... an Imperial track? she wondered. Where's an Imperial going all the way out here?
She examined her surroundings more closely. Now that she thought about it, the undergrowth here seemed a little... off. Like it had been moved aside, to make room.
Is this a path? she wondered.
If it is, where does it go?
~ ~ ~
Autumn and Vaz moved warily through the trees. They had decided to try and look for the others, and Vaz had thought he had seen something off in the distance.
They moved closer, being careful, but also curious.
"Is that a... building?" Autumn asked in bewilderment.
A large cabin, made of pinewood, stood near the edge of a clearing. As the fae and spiral investigated, they saw that the building was one of many.
Other dragons moved through the street, paying no mind to Autumn and Vaz.
Signs were above some doorways, although some had no markings.
"Tailor... Scrollshop... Inn..." Vaz read from some of them. He looked at Autumn with a smile. "This is a town! We were lucky enough to find someplace!"
"That's all well and good, but what about the others?" she reminded him. "We still need to find them."
"You're right," Vaz agreed. He turned, Autumn fluttering after him. "Maybe we can ask if anyone else saw them?"
Before Autumn could respond, a small crowd nearby suddenly stirred. Some dragons were shouting from its midst, while others tried to quiet them. A pearlcatcher burst out the other side, shoved unceremoniously out of the way. "Can't you help me? I need to find my friends!"
"Aiki!" cried Autumn. Aiki spun around instantly when she heard Autumn, and ran over to her.
"I'm so glad I found you!" said the pearlcatcher. "I'd been looking around for a while, and discovered this town. I figured you might have ended up here, too, so I asked around a bit. They don't seem to like me too much, though," she added, glancing back at the crowd. Some dragons were still muttering angrily about "stupid out-of-towners".
"Any sign of Dusk or Kat?" Vaz asked.
Aiki shook her head. "Not yet, but they'll turn up soon," she said confidently.
They looked around hopefully.
And in the distance, a spiral hurried into view.
"Kat!" called Aiki. "Over here!"
The spiral turned, and even though she was far away, her smile was huge. She ran towards them, a couple bags bouncing against her. She immediately stopped and checked that they were safe, then resumed her running, but at a slower pace.
"It's good to see you all," Kat smiled.
"It's good to see you, too!" said Autumn.
Kat glanced around for a moment. "Has anyone seen Dusk yet?"
"I'm right here," said the coatl as he folded Kat in a hug.
"Well, we've all made it to this place in one piece," commented Vaz.
"But what exactly is this place?" asked Aiki.
Dusk looked up. "That might help," he offered, pointing at a large sign towering over the entrance path.
It read, "Welcome to Pinefall."

As you can see, we have left the cave to take up residence in this town! We'll be here for a while. And there may be opportunities for other dragons to interact in the Pinkerlocke, so stay tuned!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
Towns sure do seem to be a theme in Pinkerlockes XD

Pinefall seems cool! Can't wait to hear more :3
@ObsidianMage
Towns sure do seem to be a theme in Pinkerlockes XD

Pinefall seems cool! Can't wait to hear more :3
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
SCREEE
SCREEE
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@Aetherstorm
They sure do...

This was a kinda spur-of-the-moment decision. Hopefully it'll go well for the dragons!
@Aetherstorm
They sure do...

This was a kinda spur-of-the-moment decision. Hopefully it'll go well for the dragons!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
I'm sure it'll be awesome! ^w^
And a great place for the eggs to hatch :)

so was Rivermouth shhhhhhh
@ObsidianMage
I'm sure it'll be awesome! ^w^
And a great place for the eggs to hatch :)

so was Rivermouth shhhhhhh
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian It’s really early but I wanted to write this really badly. Here. Have a story. [center][item=redwood kindling] [u]Day 25[/u] The dragons clustered around the small, makeshift nest. The townspeople had become a lot more friendly after they found out that Dusk and Kat’s eggs were going to hatch soon. They had kindly provided a small spot on the edge of town for the dragons to use. The five waited anxiously. “When are they going to hatch?” Autumn asked. Kat looked excited. “Any moment now!” Dusk looked nervously at Kat. She twined her tail with his, smiling. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, Aiki gasped. “There!” One of the eggs had started to rock subtly. It picked up speed, twisting back and forth. With a shudder, the egg started to crack. The hatchling inside strained against the walls containing it. “Come on, little one,” Kat whispered. “You can do it.” The egg split. A tiny spiral flopped out, clearly exhausted. But he didn’t seem strong enough. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41153482] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=7&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=98&auth=57ec3ab944f1cd10a37d3939336daafe245e2ad6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] He looked up at his mother, a smile on his face. Then he closed his eyes, his breathing slowing. “No,” moaned Kat. She went to pick him up, but it was too late. He was gone. Kat looked at Dusk, sorrow in her eyes. “Nyx would have been a good name for him,” she said. Dusk nodded, putting his wing around her. Before they could mourn for long, another egg started to crack. Kat’s eyes filled with hope again. Dusk watched wordlessly. This hatchling seemed stronger. The egg almost tipped over, then suddenly the shell shattered. Another spiral scrabbled at the shell pieces still on him, trying to get them all off. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41153483] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=70&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=7&auth=8201641ccc5135b9358f37dcc6bc1f3b606e1fba&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Dusk picked him up, a smile spreading over his face. “What do you think of Soren?” He asked Kat. “That’s a good name,” she smiled. Soren blinked at his parents. He flipped over and scrambled to Dusk’s back, curling up on his new perch. The third egg in the nest wasn’t moving. Even as Kat and Dusk watched, the bright lights which had swirled on it for so long began to fade. The hatchling within never saw the light of day. Dusk looked heartbroken. Silent tears fell down Kat’s face. Aiki offered, “He could have been named Yoru.” Kat nodded. “That would have been nice.” Dusk watched the last egg. “Not another. We can only go through so much.” The fourth egg didn’t seem to be moving much. Dusk turned away in defeat. “Wait!” gasped Autumn. A hairline fracture was snaking down the egg. It shook, then a spiral poked her head out, looking almost comical with eggshell perched on her head. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41153485] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=8&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=118&auth=281f37a5ace24b08da2800138f47fe138d734380&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Kat smiled as her daughter shook herself off. “Hello, Raven,” she whispered. She reached out and helped get the last pieces of eggshell off. “Raven, huh?” Dusk asked. He smiled. “I like it.” Kat picked the tiny spiral up. Raven snuggled into her mother’s embrace. “I’m never going to lose you, Raven. Or you, Soren,” Kat said. “We might have lost a lot, but at least we have them,” Dusk agreed.
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian It’s really early but I wanted to write this really badly. Here. Have a story.
Redwood Kindling

Day 25

The dragons clustered around the small, makeshift nest. The townspeople had become a lot more friendly after they found out that Dusk and Kat’s eggs were going to hatch soon. They had kindly provided a small spot on the edge of town for the dragons to use.
The five waited anxiously.
“When are they going to hatch?” Autumn asked.
Kat looked excited. “Any moment now!”
Dusk looked nervously at Kat. She twined her tail with his, smiling.
After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, Aiki gasped. “There!” One of the eggs had started to rock subtly.
It picked up speed, twisting back and forth. With a shudder, the egg started to crack. The hatchling inside strained against the walls containing it.
“Come on, little one,” Kat whispered. “You can do it.”
The egg split. A tiny spiral flopped out, clearly exhausted. But he didn’t seem strong enough.

dragon?age=0&body=7&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=98&auth=57ec3ab944f1cd10a37d3939336daafe245e2ad6&dummyext=prev.png

He looked up at his mother, a smile on his face. Then he closed his eyes, his breathing slowing.
“No,” moaned Kat. She went to pick him up, but it was too late. He was gone.
Kat looked at Dusk, sorrow in her eyes. “Nyx would have been a good name for him,” she said. Dusk nodded, putting his wing around her.
Before they could mourn for long, another egg started to crack. Kat’s eyes filled with hope again. Dusk watched wordlessly.
This hatchling seemed stronger. The egg almost tipped over, then suddenly the shell shattered. Another spiral scrabbled at the shell pieces still on him, trying to get them all off.

dragon?age=0&body=70&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=7&auth=8201641ccc5135b9358f37dcc6bc1f3b606e1fba&dummyext=prev.png

Dusk picked him up, a smile spreading over his face. “What do you think of Soren?” He asked Kat.
“That’s a good name,” she smiled.
Soren blinked at his parents. He flipped over and scrambled to Dusk’s back, curling up on his new perch.
The third egg in the nest wasn’t moving. Even as Kat and Dusk watched, the bright lights which had swirled on it for so long began to fade. The hatchling within never saw the light of day.
Dusk looked heartbroken. Silent tears fell down Kat’s face.
Aiki offered, “He could have been named Yoru.”
Kat nodded. “That would have been nice.”
Dusk watched the last egg. “Not another. We can only go through so much.”
The fourth egg didn’t seem to be moving much. Dusk turned away in defeat.
“Wait!” gasped Autumn. A hairline fracture was snaking down the egg. It shook, then a spiral poked her head out, looking almost comical with eggshell perched on her head.

dragon?age=0&body=8&bodygene=8&breed=7&element=7&gender=1&tert=52&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=118&auth=281f37a5ace24b08da2800138f47fe138d734380&dummyext=prev.png

Kat smiled as her daughter shook herself off. “Hello, Raven,” she whispered. She reached out and helped get the last pieces of eggshell off.
“Raven, huh?” Dusk asked. He smiled. “I like it.”
Kat picked the tiny spiral up. Raven snuggled into her mother’s embrace.
“I’m never going to lose you, Raven. Or you, Soren,” Kat said.
“We might have lost a lot, but at least we have them,” Dusk agreed.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
Yay for new babies :3

I've had a few Sorens in my clan before. It also reminds me of that one owl from Guardians of Ga'hoole ;P
@ObsidianMage
Yay for new babies :3

I've had a few Sorens in my clan before. It also reminds me of that one owl from Guardians of Ga'hoole ;P
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
The owl was exactly my thought.

Nyx broke my heart. It’s one thing for them to be a still egg. It’s a whole other thing to watch your first child smile at you, become the light of your world, before he dies in front of your very eyes.
The owl was exactly my thought.

Nyx broke my heart. It’s one thing for them to be a still egg. It’s a whole other thing to watch your first child smile at you, become the light of your world, before he dies in front of your very eyes.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
I’m not completely heartless, don’t worry- that hurt to write ;-;
I’m not completely heartless, don’t worry- that hurt to write ;-;
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif