Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24
No rush! Shameless advertising (banner by OrcatheUltimate, click for thread to Pinkerlocke: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2420384][img]https://i.imgur.com/vI7WpsR.png[/img][/url]
No rush!

Shameless advertising (banner by OrcatheUltimate, click for thread to Pinkerlocke:

vI7WpsR.png
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Hamilton's soundtrack is THE ABSOLUTE BEST-I listened to it while writing this update... [center][item=bluelight chipskink tail] [item=greenpod bloom] [u]Day 22[/u] Autumn stood over Vaz. "Vaz, wake up," she prodded him. "Vaz? Vaz?!" He shuddered awake, visibly relaxing as he saw Autumn. "I was having a nightmare... Was I loud?" "No, you weren't saying anything," she reassured him. "I just saw that you looked worried, and scared too. So I woke you up." "Well, thank you," Vaz smiled. "There was another thing I was going to wake you up for, actually," said Autumn. "How would you feel about going to train for a bit? It might be good for you, and it would distract you a bit, too." Tilting his head to the side, Vaz considered this. "Yeah, I guess it would be a good idea," he agreed. "Alright!" Autumn said excitedly. She tugged him to his feet- for a tiny fae, she was quite strong. "Wait, we're going right now?" Vaz yelped. "Of course!" she said. "Hey Kat! We're ready to go!" "I'll be there in a moment," Kat called back. The female spiral was standing over her nest. "Will you be alright staying behind with Aiki?" she asked Dusk. "I'll be fine, don't worry," the coatl replied. He was currently curled up in the nest, his wings wrapped gently around the precious eggs. "I deserve a turn at caretaking, anyways." Kat had barely left the nest in the past couple days, and this was the first time Dusk would be watching the eggs. "Alright," Kat smiled. She hugged him, then stepped away reluctantly. "We'll be back before you know it!" she called to him. Turning towards Autumn and Vaz, she grinned. "You two ready to go battle?" Autumn beamed, while Vaz looked like he swallowed something sour. Kat laughed at his expression. "You'll be fine," she told him, brushing by. "Let's go!" ~ ~ ~ The three stepped out onto the Woodland Path. Vaz glanced around nervously, scanning the trees for any signs of monsters. "You have nothing to worry about, Vaz," said Kat. "It's pretty simple to fight: All you'll need to do is scratch at the monsters, and repeat until they're dead. Also, it might be a good idea to dodge." He looked at her nervously. "That doesn't make me feel better about anything..." Autumn told him gently, "Hey, if you ever need help, I'll be able to take care of the monsters for you." She smirked. "I pack a pretty mean punch, after all." A Bluefin Charger stalked out from behind a tree. Vaz spotted it and yelped, shrinking back. Kat caught him and pushed him forward. "Hey, you got this!" Vaz closed his eyes for a second, steeling himself. He opened them with a blazing fury, and yelled as he charged forward. He attacked the Charger as furiously as he could, slicing away. He immediately dashed out of reach of its hooves. Autumn gathered magical energy from her surroundings, and immediately shot a boulder bolt towards the Charger. It collapsed and melted away, leaving a couple fins behind. "Now, that wasn't too bad, was it?" Autumn grinned. ~ ~ ~ The three dragons entered the cave exhaustedly. Aiki was already in her sleeping area. Kat immediately crossed the room to the nest where Dusk was. Autumn fluttered over to her sleeping area, dropping into it. Vaz just collapsed where he stood. Dusk chuckled. "So it went that well, huh?" "Actually, it did go well," Kat replied. "We're just really tired from being out there so long." "Yeah, you were gone a while," said Dusk. "How did you like it, Vaz?" he addressed the spiral. "I... liked it..." he said exhaustedly. "It's... just... hard." He closed his eyes, and almost immediately started snoring. Autumn lifted her head and spotted Vaz asleep on the floor. She sighed, and flapped awkwardly out of her bed, fluttering over to him. She attempted to move him with no success, and eventually just draped her wing over him, in an attempt to keep him warm. She closed her eyes as well, drifting off to sleep. Dusk smiled at Kat, who had snuggled up against him. He brushed away a stray feather from her tail. "Sleep well," he told her tenderly. In the cave, five dragons slept their worries away.
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Hamilton's soundtrack is THE ABSOLUTE BEST-I listened to it while writing this update...
Bluelight Chipskink Tail Greenpod Bloom

Day 22

Autumn stood over Vaz. "Vaz, wake up," she prodded him. "Vaz? Vaz?!"
He shuddered awake, visibly relaxing as he saw Autumn. "I was having a nightmare... Was I loud?"
"No, you weren't saying anything," she reassured him. "I just saw that you looked worried, and scared too. So I woke you up."
"Well, thank you," Vaz smiled.
"There was another thing I was going to wake you up for, actually," said Autumn. "How would you feel about going to train for a bit? It might be good for you, and it would distract you a bit, too."
Tilting his head to the side, Vaz considered this. "Yeah, I guess it would be a good idea," he agreed.
"Alright!" Autumn said excitedly. She tugged him to his feet- for a tiny fae, she was quite strong.
"Wait, we're going right now?" Vaz yelped.
"Of course!" she said. "Hey Kat! We're ready to go!"
"I'll be there in a moment," Kat called back. The female spiral was standing over her nest. "Will you be alright staying behind with Aiki?" she asked Dusk.
"I'll be fine, don't worry," the coatl replied. He was currently curled up in the nest, his wings wrapped gently around the precious eggs. "I deserve a turn at caretaking, anyways." Kat had barely left the nest in the past couple days, and this was the first time Dusk would be watching the eggs.
"Alright," Kat smiled. She hugged him, then stepped away reluctantly. "We'll be back before you know it!" she called to him.
Turning towards Autumn and Vaz, she grinned. "You two ready to go battle?"
Autumn beamed, while Vaz looked like he swallowed something sour. Kat laughed at his expression. "You'll be fine," she told him, brushing by. "Let's go!"
~ ~ ~
The three stepped out onto the Woodland Path. Vaz glanced around nervously, scanning the trees for any signs of monsters.
"You have nothing to worry about, Vaz," said Kat. "It's pretty simple to fight: All you'll need to do is scratch at the monsters, and repeat until they're dead. Also, it might be a good idea to dodge."
He looked at her nervously. "That doesn't make me feel better about anything..."
Autumn told him gently, "Hey, if you ever need help, I'll be able to take care of the monsters for you." She smirked. "I pack a pretty mean punch, after all."
A Bluefin Charger stalked out from behind a tree. Vaz spotted it and yelped, shrinking back.
Kat caught him and pushed him forward. "Hey, you got this!"
Vaz closed his eyes for a second, steeling himself. He opened them with a blazing fury, and yelled as he charged forward. He attacked the Charger as furiously as he could, slicing away. He immediately dashed out of reach of its hooves.
Autumn gathered magical energy from her surroundings, and immediately shot a boulder bolt towards the Charger. It collapsed and melted away, leaving a couple fins behind.
"Now, that wasn't too bad, was it?" Autumn grinned.
~ ~ ~
The three dragons entered the cave exhaustedly. Aiki was already in her sleeping area. Kat immediately crossed the room to the nest where Dusk was. Autumn fluttered over to her sleeping area, dropping into it. Vaz just collapsed where he stood.
Dusk chuckled. "So it went that well, huh?"
"Actually, it did go well," Kat replied. "We're just really tired from being out there so long."
"Yeah, you were gone a while," said Dusk. "How did you like it, Vaz?" he addressed the spiral.
"I... liked it..." he said exhaustedly. "It's... just... hard."
He closed his eyes, and almost immediately started snoring.
Autumn lifted her head and spotted Vaz asleep on the floor. She sighed, and flapped awkwardly out of her bed, fluttering over to him. She attempted to move him with no success, and eventually just draped her wing over him, in an attempt to keep him warm. She closed her eyes as well, drifting off to sleep.
Dusk smiled at Kat, who had snuggled up against him. He brushed away a stray feather from her tail. "Sleep well," he told her tenderly.
In the cave, five dragons slept their worries away.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
I still ship Autumn and Aiki more :P
@ObsidianMage
I still ship Autumn and Aiki more :P
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm
Hey, who says that Autumn and Aiki can't have a platonic ship?
@Aetherstorm
Hey, who says that Autumn and Aiki can't have a platonic ship?
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
I have nothing against Brotps :3 i'm planning on making my own

. . .But I still ship them ^^' Slightly.
@ObsidianMage
I have nothing against Brotps :3 i'm planning on making my own

. . .But I still ship them ^^' Slightly.
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Dun dun dun... [center][item=ambush] *gasp* Tails, thank goodness. [u]Day 23[/u] It came suddenly, and without warning. A flash flood, from the nearby river overflowing. The water barreled into the cave, filling it entirely. It reached the ceiling, sweeping away food and dragons alike. The five dragons woke instantly, but there was barely anything that they could do. As the water roared its way in, Kat desperately grabbed her eggs, keeping them close. The waves swept over them. Dusk reached through the bubbles towards Kat, but both were swept away from each other. Aiki attempted to guide herself through the raging current, but only hit rocks for her trouble. Vaz flailed, reaching for a handhold. Autumn simply accepted that there was nothing she could do. Bubbles. Current. Darkness. Fury. That was all the world had become. ~ ~ ~ There was silence. Then a coatl slowly blinked awake. "Kat?" Dusk asked groggily. He had no idea how long the current had claimed him, or how far it had taken him. He shook his waterlogged feathers, trying to get his bearings. Glancing around, he sighed. At least he was still in Shadow's territory, although it looked like he was at the farthest reaches of the Driftwood Drag. He saw cliffs rising in the distance, and turning the other way, he thought he caught a glimpse of the Tsunami Flats. "Kat," Dusk called again. He had to find her, and the others. But who knew how far they had gone? ~ ~ ~ Autumn groaned as she woke up. She had hit a lot of rocks on the way out of the cave. Opening her eyes, she spotted a certain spiral nearby. "Vaz?" she gasped, running over to him. He slowly blinked, then saw Autumn. "Wha...what happened?" he mumbled. "I saw you tumbling away, and tried to grab you..." "The current must have taken you in the same direction as me," Autumn said. "Well, that's good," he replied. "But what about the others?" ~ ~ ~ Aiki blinked numbly. [i]This... this couldn't have happened.[/i] she thought. [i]How did it happen? I should have been able to do something, I should have sensed the water coming, I should, I should.....[/i] She shook her head. [i]Complaining to myself isn't going to do anything,[/i] she reasoned. She glanced around the small clearing she had ended up in, and saw some materials strewn about. [i]I can at least start gathering some materials, then go find the others,[/i] she resolved. [i]At least I can do that much.[/i] ~ ~ ~ Kat screwed up her eyes against the suddenly blinding sun. She came to her senses, and gasped, fearing the worst for her eggs. But when she checked, all four were still thankfully intact, safely wrapped in her talons. [i]Thank Gladekeeper,[/i] she thought. [i]I couldn't bear it if anything happened to them.[/i] She looked around. [i]Where's Dusk?[/i] she wondered. [i]I'm sure he's worried sick. I need to find him.[/i] She was about to rush to her feet, when she remembered the eggs. [i]I need a safe way to transport them, to make sure they don't break... I'd hate myself otherwise.[/i] She scanned her surroundings with renewed energy, searching for anything that could help. Spotting something, she smiled. Kat set the eggs down gently, then rushed over to her find. A small satchel and a set of bags were tangled with each other and some low-lying bushes. She slowly extricated them, then put them on. "A perfect fit." She gently placed her eggs in the bags, making sure they wouldn't move around too much. Satisfied, she turned towards where she thought the cave was. "Now, I need to find everyone else." ----- Ooh, a cliffhanger...
@Avu42 @Aetherstorm @fallendownut @Relics @Ortello @Shadowhunter43 @TropicalDiamonds @0bsidian Dun dun dun...
Ambush
*gasp*
Tails, thank goodness.

Day 23

It came suddenly, and without warning. A flash flood, from the nearby river overflowing.
The water barreled into the cave, filling it entirely. It reached the ceiling, sweeping away food and dragons alike.
The five dragons woke instantly, but there was barely anything that they could do. As the water roared its way in, Kat desperately grabbed her eggs, keeping them close.
The waves swept over them. Dusk reached through the bubbles towards Kat, but both were swept away from each other. Aiki attempted to guide herself through the raging current, but only hit rocks for her trouble. Vaz flailed, reaching for a handhold. Autumn simply accepted that there was nothing she could do.
Bubbles. Current. Darkness. Fury. That was all the world had become.
~ ~ ~

There was silence.
Then a coatl slowly blinked awake.
"Kat?" Dusk asked groggily. He had no idea how long the current had claimed him, or how far it had taken him. He shook his waterlogged feathers, trying to get his bearings.
Glancing around, he sighed. At least he was still in Shadow's territory, although it looked like he was at the farthest reaches of the Driftwood Drag. He saw cliffs rising in the distance, and turning the other way, he thought he caught a glimpse of the Tsunami Flats.
"Kat," Dusk called again. He had to find her, and the others. But who knew how far they had gone?

~ ~ ~

Autumn groaned as she woke up. She had hit a lot of rocks on the way out of the cave.
Opening her eyes, she spotted a certain spiral nearby. "Vaz?" she gasped, running over to him.
He slowly blinked, then saw Autumn. "Wha...what happened?" he mumbled. "I saw you tumbling away, and tried to grab you..."
"The current must have taken you in the same direction as me," Autumn said.
"Well, that's good," he replied. "But what about the others?"

~ ~ ~

Aiki blinked numbly. This... this couldn't have happened. she thought. How did it happen? I should have been able to do something, I should have sensed the water coming, I should, I should..... She shook her head.
Complaining to myself isn't going to do anything, she reasoned. She glanced around the small clearing she had ended up in, and saw some materials strewn about. I can at least start gathering some materials, then go find the others, she resolved.
At least I can do that much.

~ ~ ~

Kat screwed up her eyes against the suddenly blinding sun. She came to her senses, and gasped, fearing the worst for her eggs. But when she checked, all four were still thankfully intact, safely wrapped in her talons.
Thank Gladekeeper, she thought. I couldn't bear it if anything happened to them.
She looked around. Where's Dusk? she wondered. I'm sure he's worried sick. I need to find him.
She was about to rush to her feet, when she remembered the eggs. I need a safe way to transport them, to make sure they don't break... I'd hate myself otherwise.
She scanned her surroundings with renewed energy, searching for anything that could help. Spotting something, she smiled.
Kat set the eggs down gently, then rushed over to her find. A small satchel and a set of bags were tangled with each other and some low-lying bushes. She slowly extricated them, then put them on. "A perfect fit."
She gently placed her eggs in the bags, making sure they wouldn't move around too much. Satisfied, she turned towards where she thought the cave was.
"Now, I need to find everyone else."

Ooh, a cliffhanger...
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
You're totally shipping Vautumn
*suspicious squint*