Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MJam] Poetry Jam Contest - Done!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] EclipseMirror [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] Player ID Name Here [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Dragon Name Here [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 16921330 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16921330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169214/16921330_350.png[/img] [/url] Dacerie wandered across the Windswept Plateau, her heart carefree from just looking at the local dragons decorating for their festival. The Jamboree was just about on its way, and she delighted herself in the songs and chatter. Suddenly, a sugary smell wafted through the air, distracting her from her current train of thought. Was that jam? Following her nose, the tundra was delighted to find not only the jars of fruit but also the banner of a Poetry Contest. Maybe if she participated, she could have some. Dacerie closed her eyes, tapped into her short future sight, and stepped forwards. [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Midnight rainstorm [b]Entry: [/b] Soft sheets of static My sanctum is your anguish Searing past dark panes
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

FR Player Name: EclipseMirror
FR Player ID#: Player ID Name Here
Poet Dragon's Name: Dragon Name Here
Poet Dragon ID#: 16921330
Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:

16921330_350.png

Dacerie wandered across the Windswept Plateau, her heart carefree from just looking at the local dragons decorating for their festival. The Jamboree was just about on its way, and she delighted herself in the songs and chatter. Suddenly, a sugary smell wafted through the air, distracting her from her current train of thought. Was that jam?

Following her nose, the tundra was delighted to find not only the jars of fruit but also the banner of a Poetry Contest. Maybe if she participated, she could have some. Dacerie closed her eyes, tapped into her short future sight, and stepped forwards.

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: Midnight rainstorm

Entry:
Soft sheets of static
My sanctum is your anguish
Searing past dark panes
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
@EclipseMirror

pssst. Just paste the code that shows your dragon over those words so we can see the dragon poet ;-) Basically switych what you did there with ID # and code. Need help, let me know.
@EclipseMirror

pssst. Just paste the code that shows your dragon over those words so we can see the dragon poet ;-) Basically switych what you did there with ID # and code. Need help, let me know.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Everyone [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 168546 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Eternity [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 40178406 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40178406] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/401785/40178406_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] EXALTations [b]Entry Title:[/b] Eternity [b]Entry: [/b] [i]A small dragon, free, loving, kind- Eyes of fire and a burning state of mind. He was bred (or so it was said), To fight for his flight, Before the forger of flame Herself. He grew up big and strong- A true, proud guardian all along. He had trained, he had strained, With the best of the best- To fight for his flight, Before the forger of flame Herself. More dragons came in, as small as he, And soon he began to see, And grew blue as he knew he would never Fight for his flight, Before the forger of flames herself. As the blood in his veins began to boil, And his clan rallied above the starved soil, He was sold, strong and grown. To leave his flight, Never to fight for the forger of flames Herself. Then he was sent, Heart broken, body bent To stand among the vines, on a pillar of lies Of how his life was supposed to turn out. He no longer fought for the thought Creeped in his head like the vines around his leg. And, if he remembers, and truly tries And while just squinting his tired eyes, He can see his land, where he once vowed his hand To fight for his flight For the forger of flames Herself.[/i]

FR Player Name: Everyone
FR Player ID#: 168546
Poet Dragon's Name: Eternity
Poet Dragon ID#: 40178406

40178406_350.png

Entry Category: EXALTations
Entry Title: Eternity

Entry:

A small dragon, free, loving, kind-
Eyes of fire and a burning state of mind.
He was bred (or so it was said),
To fight for his flight,
Before the forger of flame Herself.

He grew up big and strong-
A true, proud guardian all along.
He had trained, he had strained,
With the best of the best-
To fight for his flight,
Before the forger of flame Herself.

More dragons came in, as small as he,
And soon he began to see,
And grew blue as he knew he would never
Fight for his flight,
Before the forger of flames herself.

As the blood in his veins began to boil,
And his clan rallied above the starved soil,
He was sold, strong and grown.
To leave his flight,
Never to fight for the forger of flames Herself.

Then he was sent,
Heart broken, body bent
To stand among the vines, on a pillar of lies
Of how his life was supposed to turn out.
He no longer fought for the thought
Creeped in his head like the vines around his leg.

And, if he remembers, and truly tries
And while just squinting his tired eyes,
He can see his land, where he once vowed his hand
To fight for his flight
For the forger of flames Herself.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
"Are you sure she should be doing this?" Haukin whispers as he watches the Pearlcatcher bound forwards towards the Wind Flight. "Not that she doesn't do a good job, but Vespera shouldn't be the face of the clan. Or the neck. Or any visible bit at all. She can be one of the organs." "So you're saying she should be the heart of the clan?" Seraphina whispers back. "No, I was thinking something more along the lines of the spleen." They watched in silent horror as the enthusiastic Pearlcatcher kicks the bell. "This is going to go so badly." [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MythicalViper [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 167480 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Vespera [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] #15652109 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15652109] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/156522/15652109_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] EXALTations [b]Entry Title:[/b] Call of the Wind [b]Entry: [/b] She told us that the gentle breezes Had be calling out her name And when they traversed towards the Crescendo She felt that she should do the same The little gusts tugged at her feathers The winds lifted her wings for flight And she knew, though blind, if she could just fly Than the skies would be her freedom, her light Everyone told her she was crazy And said there was naught to see across the bay But those of us who knew her simply asked Why she didn't wish to stay Her reply was simple: She was scarred and she knew her wounds would not mend Unless she faced her fears And go on like the strong, proud wind. So on a sunny day she slipped like a lucid breeze from our clan Wove past the pillars of her sorrow Pushed by her conviction and courage Left behind, we raced to the cliffs We wanted to see her go To see the one so badly wrong Take to the skies and soar As she flew away, unbound She left a trail of tears in her wake And though she flew steadily We could see in her wings a shake But she trembled not from terror Not from memories deep and dark as the sea She said it best, her voice shaking "I never thought I could be so free." [br] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Romance [b]Dragon Adored:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=167480&tab=dragon&did=15961691]link[/url] [b]Entry Title:[/b] Infected With Love [b]Entry: [/b] There's a rumour in the Scarred Wasteland The lands in which I was born That love was a disease No warrior should ever grow For the moment you loved someone They become a weakness you can't afford They become your bondage with but a single word "I love you," you told me, and I thought you foolhardy and blind For all I'd ever known were untrustworthiness and lies Little did I know back then that the only one lying was me As I plotted and backstabbed - all my heart wanted was to be free I don't know when I realised; I don't know when the thought crossed my mind That the only thing I wanted was to have you next to me I wanted your kindness and the gentle way you saw everything And the way you act so selflessly, so warmly, was mesmerising You saw both my good side and the side I hid deep in the dark And even so you didn't judge the shadows residing in my heart You radiated a closure, a warmth I'd long forgot My darling - can I just say? You're quite the work of art. I don't know when I realised; I don't know when you stole your way into my heart But now that I understand this, I will never let us be apart If love is a disease, I care not how ill I become Because the only dragon who's ever accepted me - My dear, you're the only one.
"Are you sure she should be doing this?" Haukin whispers as he watches the Pearlcatcher bound forwards towards the Wind Flight. "Not that she doesn't do a good job, but Vespera shouldn't be the face of the clan. Or the neck. Or any visible bit at all. She can be one of the organs."

"So you're saying she should be the heart of the clan?" Seraphina whispers back.

"No, I was thinking something more along the lines of the spleen."

They watched in silent horror as the enthusiastic Pearlcatcher kicks the bell.

"This is going to go so badly."

FR Player Name: MythicalViper
FR Player ID#: 167480
Poet Dragon's Name: Vespera
Poet Dragon ID#: #15652109

15652109_350.png

Entry Title: Call of the Wind

Entry:

She told us that the gentle breezes
Had be calling out her name
And when they traversed towards the Crescendo
She felt that she should do the same

The little gusts tugged at her feathers
The winds lifted her wings for flight
And she knew, though blind, if she could just fly
Than the skies would be her freedom, her light

Everyone told her she was crazy
And said there was naught to see across the bay
But those of us who knew her simply asked
Why she didn't wish to stay
Her reply was simple:
She was scarred and she knew her wounds would not mend
Unless she faced her fears
And go on like the strong, proud wind.

So on a sunny day she slipped like a lucid breeze from our clan
Wove past the pillars of her sorrow
Pushed by her conviction and courage
Left behind, we raced to the cliffs
We wanted to see her go
To see the one so badly wrong
Take to the skies and soar

As she flew away, unbound
She left a trail of tears in her wake
And though she flew steadily
We could see in her wings a shake
But she trembled not from terror
Not from memories deep and dark as the sea
She said it best, her voice shaking
"I never thought I could be so free."

Entry Category: Romance
Dragon Adored: link
Entry Title: Infected With Love
Entry:

There's a rumour in the Scarred Wasteland
The lands in which I was born
That love was a disease
No warrior should ever grow
For the moment you loved someone
They become a weakness you can't afford
They become your bondage with but a single word

"I love you," you told me, and I thought you foolhardy and blind
For all I'd ever known were untrustworthiness and lies
Little did I know back then that the only one lying was me
As I plotted and backstabbed - all my heart wanted was to be free

I don't know when I realised; I don't know when the thought crossed my mind
That the only thing I wanted was to have you next to me
I wanted your kindness and the gentle way you saw everything
And the way you act so selflessly, so warmly, was mesmerising

You saw both my good side and the side I hid deep in the dark
And even so you didn't judge the shadows residing in my heart
You radiated a closure, a warmth I'd long forgot
My darling - can I just say? You're quite the work of art.

I don't know when I realised; I don't know when you stole your way into my heart
But now that I understand this, I will never let us be apart
If love is a disease, I care not how ill I become
Because the only dragon who's ever accepted me -
My dear, you're the only one.

uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
"She thinks she can do better than me?" Vespera demands in disbelief. "Yes, Vespera," Haukin says patiently. "She does." "Better than ME?" "That was the general consensus, yes." They watch as the banana Spiral tumble towards the contest square. Vespera huffs and crosses her arms. "Well, aren't you going to say something about her?" She demands. "Something discouraging, I hope?" Haukin clears his throat. "Ah, well... uh, I kind of have several treasure chests' worth of gems weighing on her." Vespera slapped him. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MythicalViper [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 167480 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Seraphina [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] #5911890 (the security badge is in Vespera's bio, please see previous entry) [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5911890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/59119/5911890_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Missing You [b]Entry: [/b] Kites soar in the air The wind sings a cheery song I wish you were here [b]Entry Category:[/b] Song Parody [b]Entry Title:[/b] How are you? We're hunting you. (Parody of How Have You Been by Eric Chou, English Cover by Scarlet Avenue) [b]Entry: [/b] How are you? It has been a long, long time I hope that you're doing fine You know, you've been on everyone's mind I hope one day you'll come home If you don't, we're going to give our all To hunt you down to the ground And now, even if you just realised We're onto you with torches flaring You're gonna wish that you held us close, flew with us, stayed just a night Cause' we're dragging you back, back to home, so we can be by your side Where are you now? Soon we'll know~ We're going to hunt you down if you don't come home We just wanna be by your side, talk to you, say goodnight We haven't seen you since that last post, it's almost like we've been Left behind By the dad we knew We wanna see you We're coming after you with pitchforks ready Where are you now?
"She thinks she can do better than me?" Vespera demands in disbelief.

"Yes, Vespera," Haukin says patiently. "She does."

"Better than ME?"

"That was the general consensus, yes."

They watch as the banana Spiral tumble towards the contest square. Vespera huffs and crosses her arms.

"Well, aren't you going to say something about her?" She demands. "Something discouraging, I hope?"

Haukin clears his throat. "Ah, well... uh, I kind of have several treasure chests' worth of gems weighing on her."

Vespera slapped him.

FR Player ID#: 167480
Poet Dragon's Name: Seraphina
Poet Dragon ID#: #5911890 (the security badge is in Vespera's bio, please see previous entry)

5911890_350.png

Entry Title: Missing You

Entry:

Kites soar in the air
The wind sings a cheery song
I wish you were here

Entry Category: Song Parody
Entry Title: How are you? We're hunting you.
(Parody of How Have You Been by Eric Chou, English Cover by Scarlet Avenue)

Entry:

How are you? It has been a long, long time
I hope that you're doing fine
You know, you've been on everyone's mind
I hope one day you'll come home

If you don't, we're going to give our all
To hunt you down to the ground
And now, even if you just realised
We're onto you with torches flaring

You're gonna wish that you held us close, flew with us, stayed just a night
Cause' we're dragging you back, back to home, so we can be by your side
Where are you now? Soon we'll know~
We're going to hunt you down if you don't come home

We just wanna be by your side, talk to you, say goodnight
We haven't seen you since that last post, it's almost like we've been
Left behind
By the dad we knew
We wanna see you
We're coming after you with pitchforks ready
Where are you now?
@paintminion
Whoops! There we go!
@paintminion
Whoops! There we go!
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
"That was not better than me," Vespera says as Seraphina walks back to the trio. "Really? Haiku? Song? You can't [i]sing[/i], you banana spiral!" "But I can do poetry," Seraphina replies smugly. "Tell me that wasn't good." "It really wasn't," Haukin says. Seraphina glares at him while Vespera chuckles. "I'm sorry, but yes, that was horrible. Not as bad as Vespera, but still, horrible." "Like [i]you[/i] can do better?" Seraphina challenges. "Actually, I'm pretty sure I can." [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MythicalViper [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 167480 (two years and I still don't have this memorised) [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Haukin [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 15961691 (security badge in Vespera's bio, see previous entries) [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15961691] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159617/15961691_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Jam Poetry [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Arcanist's Jam [b]Entry: [/b] Oh dear, should we care? The Arcanist's made jam-making his own affair A touch of glitter, a spark of pink What can go wrong? Oh, let me think. He's mistaken the lab for a kitchen (as usual) He's using glass beakers as pots *sigh* And fruits... well, at least he's got that right If only he wasn't adding powdered cryolite I think he's putting in sugar now I just hope that white stuff isn't salt A bunch of berries just went into the brew, and Oh gods, he just threw in an entire vanilla malt A quick stir with a boat paddle A tiny sip from an ice cream scoop Dad looks satisfied (at least he didn't explode) By that potentially radioactive goop. He's putting it into the freezer now So I suppose we'll have to wait and see Whether it blows up or not I just hope he doesn't feed it to me Time passes all too quickly And the death alarm of the timer sings I cower here writing my eulogy As Dad throws open the door on proud wings And... It's beautiful! It's glittery! Dad, the world didn't blow up! It's a miracle! I think it might be edible! Dad you're a - wait - what are you doing? Is that a sizzling phosphorus block? Dad.. please don't... add that.. mutated hollyhock. Is that a spellscroll on things I don't want to know? Put that down - [i]not in the brew![/i] Don't - oh gods. No, Arcanist [i]NO [/i]- [b]Entry Category:[/b] Free Verse [b]Entry Title:[/b] I Had A Friend [b]Entry: [/b] It was a dark day when I found In my room A silent intruder Perched upon my bed, we looked at each other And I wondered if she might take me Before I could Into the lost mist of the darkness "Child," she said at last In a voice lovelier than any soul "Why do you not fear the presence of strangers?" she asked. And I looked up, unperturbed "I have a friend who plays with me sometimes," I said "Only with him I'm not alone. If it means I can have company, then I do not fear strangers If it means escape from the dark and cold." "My friend is a strange creature I wish to be with him day to day He told me I could bring myself to him If I took up his present A silver blade." "And have you taken up that blade?" the intruder asks In a voice warmer than the heart broken in my chest I shook my head, "But I'm not afraid, If it means escape from the dark and cold." My visitor was silent for a long moment She stared out my window, at the full moon I thought I saw her cry -but why? Not even my friend would shed tears for my plight. "Are you scared of my friend?" I questioned And her nod was shaky as leaves in the wind "But only with him am I not alone,' I said. "If he's gone - where can I find Company that'll keep me warm?" I took up the blade he left me and brought it to my chest "This heart is broken anyway." And that was when she reached over Closed hands around the sharp curved metal Her eyes burned with fierce understanding And a warmth I felt through her blood, dripping I know her, I thought Somehow, somewhere in time But how? And how could I know- Anything more than the dark and cold? "Two months from now, you will leave this place," she said "You will move to a home full of light You will take up not a blade, but a pen And bring me to life. You are a creator - no, you are [i]my[/i] creator If you take up this blade, I will cease to exist But if you replace this vow with that of a pen's "Then I promise you, you will no longer be alone." "Wouldn't you like to see that? You'll see rain and sun for the first time You'll break out of this darkness and you'll see how shadows can shine So please, my creator," and here her voice began to wobble "Know that you won't always be alone "Because one day I'll be there for you when you stumble." I looked at her, believed in her, Though I did not know why I would do something so absurd I held her hand, looked into her eyes And said: "Alright." As for my friend I never saw him again But for some reason I'm not so worried Ah, did I tell you his name? Even now, I remember his voice when we first met In a breath comforting and scented like spring He told me, "I am Death." [br] ----- [br] The three Arcanites stare silently at each other. "Yeah," Haukin finally breaks the silence. "That was bad." "Worse than me," Vespera says. "Better than you," Haukin replies. Seraphina snickers, and Vespera glares at her. "Well, that's... one contest botched up, about seven more to go. Who's with me?" "Let's storm this joint," Vespera agrees.
"That was not better than me," Vespera says as Seraphina walks back to the trio. "Really? Haiku? Song? You can't sing, you banana spiral!"

"But I can do poetry," Seraphina replies smugly. "Tell me that wasn't good."

"It really wasn't," Haukin says. Seraphina glares at him while Vespera chuckles. "I'm sorry, but yes, that was horrible. Not as bad as Vespera, but still, horrible."

"Like you can do better?" Seraphina challenges.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure I can."

FR Player ID#: 167480 (two years and I still don't have this memorised)
Poet Dragon's Name: Haukin
Poet Dragon ID#: 15961691 (security badge in Vespera's bio, see previous entries)

15961691_350.png

Entry Category: Jam Poetry
Entry Title: The Arcanist's Jam

Entry:

Oh dear, should we care?
The Arcanist's made jam-making his own affair
A touch of glitter, a spark of pink
What can go wrong? Oh, let me think.

He's mistaken the lab for a kitchen (as usual)
He's using glass beakers as pots *sigh*
And fruits... well, at least he's got that right
If only he wasn't adding powdered cryolite

I think he's putting in sugar now
I just hope that white stuff isn't salt
A bunch of berries just went into the brew, and
Oh gods, he just threw in an entire vanilla malt

A quick stir with a boat paddle
A tiny sip from an ice cream scoop
Dad looks satisfied (at least he didn't explode)
By that potentially radioactive goop.

He's putting it into the freezer now
So I suppose we'll have to wait and see
Whether it blows up or not
I just hope he doesn't feed it to me

Time passes all too quickly
And the death alarm of the timer sings
I cower here writing my eulogy
As Dad throws open the door on proud wings

And...

It's beautiful! It's glittery!
Dad, the world didn't blow up!
It's a miracle! I think it might be edible!
Dad you're a - wait - what are you doing?

Is that a sizzling phosphorus block?
Dad.. please don't... add that.. mutated hollyhock.
Is that a spellscroll on things I don't want to know?
Put that down - not in the brew!
Don't - oh gods. No, Arcanist NO -

Entry Category: Free Verse
Entry Title: I Had A Friend

Entry:

It was a dark day when I found
In my room
A silent intruder
Perched upon my bed, we looked at each other
And I wondered if she might take me
Before I could
Into the lost mist of the darkness

"Child," she said at last
In a voice lovelier than any soul
"Why do you not fear the presence of strangers?" she asked.
And I looked up, unperturbed
"I have a friend who plays with me sometimes," I said
"Only with him I'm not alone.
If it means I can have company, then I do not fear strangers
If it means escape from the dark and cold."

"My friend is a strange creature
I wish to be with him day to day
He told me I could bring myself to him
If I took up his present
A silver blade."

"And have you taken up that blade?" the intruder asks
In a voice warmer than the heart broken in my chest
I shook my head, "But I'm not afraid,
If it means escape from the dark and cold."

My visitor was silent for a long moment
She stared out my window, at the full moon
I thought I saw her cry -but why?
Not even my friend would shed tears for my plight.

"Are you scared of my friend?" I questioned
And her nod was shaky as leaves in the wind
"But only with him am I not alone,' I said.
"If he's gone - where can I find
Company that'll keep me warm?"

I took up the blade he left me and brought it to my chest
"This heart is broken anyway."

And that was when she reached over
Closed hands around the sharp curved metal
Her eyes burned with fierce understanding
And a warmth I felt through her blood, dripping

I know her, I thought
Somehow, somewhere in time
But how? And how could I know-
Anything more than the dark and cold?

"Two months from now, you will leave this place," she said
"You will move to a home full of light
You will take up not a blade, but a pen
And bring me to life.
You are a creator - no, you are my creator
If you take up this blade, I will cease to exist
But if you replace this vow with that of a pen's
"Then I promise you, you will no longer be alone."

"Wouldn't you like to see that? You'll see rain and sun for the first time
You'll break out of this darkness and you'll see how shadows can shine
So please, my creator," and here her voice began to wobble
"Know that you won't always be alone
"Because one day I'll be there for you when you stumble."

I looked at her, believed in her,
Though I did not know why I would do something so absurd
I held her hand, looked into her eyes
And said:
"Alright."

As for my friend
I never saw him again
But for some reason I'm not so worried
Ah, did I tell you his name?
Even now, I remember his voice when we first met
In a breath comforting and scented like spring
He told me,
"I am Death."

The three Arcanites stare silently at each other.

"Yeah," Haukin finally breaks the silence. "That was bad."

"Worse than me," Vespera says.

"Better than you," Haukin replies. Seraphina snickers, and Vespera glares at her. "Well, that's... one contest botched up, about seven more to go. Who's with me?"

"Let's storm this joint," Vespera agrees.

[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] ZincAlloy [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 123931 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Gestalt [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 8638664 [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8638664] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86387/8638664_350.png[/img] [/url] [/b] [b]Entry Category: Exaltations[/b] [b]Entry Title: To the Exalted[/b] [b]Entry: [/b] From that first day I caught a glimpse Of scales resplendent, wings spread wide My heart’s not beat the same ever since Foolishly, I rushed to meet the Exalted’s stride With purpose they moved, no false step made Looking only towards where they were sent Then a decisive leap, on hope’s wings they soared And I was naught but a whelp in their shade Blinded by beauty, I watched their ascent Forever, that image will be the jewel of my hoard Since then I’ve waited, gazing at the skies Following the eleven, my choices no longer mine So that one day, perhaps I could meet their eyes And understand what it means to be divine But for all my effort, there is no reward For ever distant, ever above, the Exalted flies Beholden to a power beyond my sight They were supposed to protect, behest of their lord Instead they’ve tempted, with unreachable lies Too holy to even consider my plight Since the beginning, the gods never cared I’m not a plaything, and I will be spared From suffering their wars and their games I have made a plan, and I know their names I’ll follow the path of those who ascend And then I will bring all this to an end The Exalted, and the gods, they’ll all learn When eventually, finally, it is my turn [b]Entry Category: Haiku[/b] [b]Entry Title: Birth of a Galaxy[/b] [b]Entry: [/b] Space dust condenses Newborn stars push back the dark Again, Arcanist?

FR Player Name: ZincAlloy
FR Player ID#: 123931
Poet Dragon's Name: Gestalt
Poet Dragon ID#: 8638664

8638664_350.png

Entry Category: Exaltations
Entry Title: To the Exalted

Entry:
From that first day I caught a glimpse
Of scales resplendent, wings spread wide
My heart’s not beat the same ever since
Foolishly, I rushed to meet the Exalted’s stride

With purpose they moved, no false step made
Looking only towards where they were sent
Then a decisive leap, on hope’s wings they soared
And I was naught but a whelp in their shade
Blinded by beauty, I watched their ascent
Forever, that image will be the jewel of my hoard

Since then I’ve waited, gazing at the skies
Following the eleven, my choices no longer mine
So that one day, perhaps I could meet their eyes
And understand what it means to be divine

But for all my effort, there is no reward
For ever distant, ever above, the Exalted flies
Beholden to a power beyond my sight
They were supposed to protect, behest of their lord
Instead they’ve tempted, with unreachable lies
Too holy to even consider my plight

Since the beginning, the gods never cared
I’m not a plaything, and I will be spared
From suffering their wars and their games
I have made a plan, and I know their names

I’ll follow the path of those who ascend
And then I will bring all this to an end
The Exalted, and the gods, they’ll all learn
When eventually, finally, it is my turn

Entry Title: Birth of a Galaxy

Entry:
Space dust condenses
Newborn stars push back the dark
Again, Arcanist?
ZincAlloy.gif
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 328338 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Luna [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 36818370 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36818370] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/368184/36818370_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Arrival of the Cloudkeeper [b]Entry: [/b] Green tendrils of mist Soft crunch of broken bamboo Cloudkeeper has come Quick question - you're not grading on punctuation, are you? I often tend to leave it out when I write poetry as a stylistic choice. Thanks!
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

FR Player Name: MarinaQuakenbush
FR Player ID#: 328338
Poet Dragon's Name: Luna
Poet Dragon ID#: 36818370

36818370_350.png

Entry Title: Arrival of the Cloudkeeper

Entry:
Green tendrils of mist
Soft crunch of broken bamboo
Cloudkeeper has come

Quick question - you're not grading on punctuation, are you? I often tend to leave it out when I write poetry as a stylistic choice. Thanks!
'blue smedium banner
The Spiral's wide blue eyes seemed to glow as he caught sight of the sign for the poetry contest. A wide smile spread across his face and whoosh, there he went. The group of other dragons from his clan he wanted to explore the festival with didn't even notice the absence of their friend. Possibly because the delicious scent of fruit jam in the air distracted them. Soren skipped over to the application desk, humming all the while. The rest of the festival was forgotten for now. Now it was time for him to defend his honor as the clan's poet. "Hello, hello! I want to participate!" he called into the empty space. Then he spotted the bell on the counter and grinned even wider. "Ah, I see." With a flick of his tail, the bell rung out. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AthenaCorvus [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 277039 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Soren [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] #29240427 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29240427] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292405/29240427_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]A Storm in Sight[/u] [b]Entry:[/b] New clouds form above My heart belongs to the sky The winds are turning [b]Entry Category:[/b] Free Verse [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]Back in Summer[/u] [b]Entry:[/b] There’s a friend I saw for the last time in summer. We would play tag in the backyard. I fell into the pond once, but the midday sun dried my clothes fast. We laughed. Sometimes I grab some paper and think about the words I would write to him. The words reminding him that I’m still waiting for him to give back the pencil I lent him once And the words telling him that I was so thankful about the way he consoled me when that angry dog bit me once and it hurt And the words telling him about how much our friendship meant to me [center]All the words I would have said, hadn’t he left.[/center] But I know that he doesn’t want to read reminders from the past, so I put the paper back into the drawer. Despite everything, I smile. I remember summer. [b]Entry Category:[/b] Song Parody [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]It Drives Me To Conspiracies[/u] (Original: "She Drives Me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals) [b]Entry:[/b] I can't stop thinking about The lore we got and the gods’ new route When will we get some further lore? 'Cause I just know we all want more Won't you ever set us free? This waiting 'round is killing me It drives me crazy like nothing else It drives me crazy and I can't help myself While writing I will do my best People say that I'm obsessed Everything this lore gave us Are more questions, we’re making a fuss My clan is now in great uproar And I am still just wanting more It drives me crazy like nothing else It drives me crazy and I can't help myself But I still like the new stories Because they give me fresh ideas [i]And they drive me crazy[/i] like nothing else It drives me crazy, and I can't help myself It drives me crazy like nothing else It drives me crazy, and I can't help myself It drives me crazy like nothing else It drives me crazy, and I can't help myself [b]Entry Category:[/b] Jam Poetry [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]Mom's Jam Recipe[/u] [b]Entry:[/b] Jam and jelly on my bread Jam and jelly on my rolls Oh how happy I can be With jam and jelly as my goals! First we take our fresh, sweet berries Wash them ripely, add the sugar Throw into the pot and boil! FINGERS OFF THE FRUIT, YOU BUGGER! See, you burnt yourself, you cub! Oh well, now take the spoon and stir And add some lemon to the mix As a bit sourer is what we prefer! The whole kitchen fills with scent! Oh, the berries smell so nice! Soon our mixture will be done, So stir the fruit mash again twice! Here we go, our jam is finished! Fill it into those glasses here Now it will cool, and when that’s done We can finally eat it: It’s time to cheer! [b]Entry Category:[/b] Romance [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]You See The Stars, I See Them In You[/u] Written by Soren for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=277039&did=28042925]Aguisa[/url] [b]Entry:[/b] My star-scribe, my dreamer, my dearest friend I wish to present you my adorations; You’ll always be with me until the end And join my soul in celebrations! You enchant me when you read from the stars You enthrall me when you share tales with me; I hope we can make this future ours, And I wish these words convey my plea! I could sing you praise about your sweet voice And declare my love for the rest of time: But to spin words like those is not my choice; I’d like to tell you in acts and not rhyme. So when you look at the nightly sky Enraptured in futures it sings to you, Direct your eyes to the dragon nearby Because I’ll be beside you, as dear friends do! [b]Entry Category:[/b] EXALTations [b]Entry Title:[/b] [u]Farewell, Exalted, Until We Meet Again[/u] (A song sung in some parts of the sea on the day the Exalts leave the clan to join the Tidelord's service) [b]Entry:[/b] The day has come and it has come so fast, You’re grown up and strong, and our god calls to you. Now you’ll make your journey into the deep water’s blue To fight the great battle that will always last [i]Chorus:[/i] Glory-bringer, prophet, battler! It’s time to fulfil your duty now. But fear not, all our thoughts are with you And one day, I know, we will see you again. I know this step is difficult And I know those last years weren’t easy for you But know that we love you, it’s all we can do And your powers will cause a miracle. [i](Chorus)[/i] And when your service will done Nobody knows, but one thing is sure: We will wait for you and welcome you here; We will wait for our clan’s proud daughter and son. [i](Chorus)[/i] ______________________________________________________________ "My my, you went all out, didn't you," mumbled a voice directly behind Soren. The Spiral flinched and almost dropped his quill. "Wah, I didn't hear you come in!" Altolus, the clan leader's coadjutor, smiled wryly. "No surprise, seeing how caught up in your poetry you have been. We have been searching for you. Suddenly you had disappeared. Aguisa was very worried." Soren felt heat rise to his cheeks at the mention of his crush - his crush he had just written a love poem for. "I'm sorry, won't do it again," he mumbled. Altolus nodded. "Good. But now let's see how well you fare in this contest."
The Spiral's wide blue eyes seemed to glow as he caught sight of the sign for the poetry contest. A wide smile spread across his face and whoosh, there he went. The group of other dragons from his clan he wanted to explore the festival with didn't even notice the absence of their friend. Possibly because the delicious scent of fruit jam in the air distracted them.

Soren skipped over to the application desk, humming all the while. The rest of the festival was forgotten for now. Now it was time for him to defend his honor as the clan's poet.

"Hello, hello! I want to participate!" he called into the empty space. Then he spotted the bell on the counter and grinned even wider.
"Ah, I see."
With a flick of his tail, the bell rung out.

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07
FR Player Name: AthenaCorvus
FR Player ID#: 277039
Poet Dragon's Name: Soren
Poet Dragon ID#: #29240427
29240427_350.png

Entry Title: A Storm in Sight
Entry:

New clouds form above
My heart belongs to the sky
The winds are turning

Entry Category: Free Verse
Entry Title: Back in Summer
Entry:

There’s a friend I saw for the last time in summer.
We would play tag in the backyard.

I fell into the pond once, but the midday sun dried my clothes fast.
We laughed.

Sometimes I grab some paper and think about the words I would write to him.

The words reminding him that I’m still waiting for him to give back the pencil I lent him once
And the words telling him that I was so thankful about the way he consoled me when that angry dog bit me once and it hurt
And the words telling him about how much our friendship meant to me
All the words I would have said, hadn’t he left.
But I know that he doesn’t want to read reminders from the past, so I put the paper back into the drawer.

Despite everything, I smile. I remember summer.

Entry Category: Song Parody
Entry Title: It Drives Me To Conspiracies
(Original: "She Drives Me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals)
Entry:

I can't stop thinking about
The lore we got and the gods’ new route
When will we get some further lore?
'Cause I just know we all want more
Won't you ever set us free?
This waiting 'round is killing me

It drives me crazy like nothing else
It drives me crazy and I can't help myself

While writing I will do my best
People say that I'm obsessed
Everything this lore gave us
Are more questions, we’re making a fuss
My clan is now in great uproar
And I am still just wanting more

It drives me crazy and I can't help myself

But I still like the new stories
Because they give me fresh ideas

And they drive me crazy like nothing else
It drives me crazy, and I can't help myself

Entry Category: Jam Poetry
Entry Title: Mom's Jam Recipe
Entry:

Jam and jelly on my bread
Jam and jelly on my rolls
Oh how happy I can be
With jam and jelly as my goals!

First we take our fresh, sweet berries
Wash them ripely, add the sugar
Throw into the pot and boil!
FINGERS OFF THE FRUIT, YOU BUGGER!

See, you burnt yourself, you cub!
Oh well, now take the spoon and stir
And add some lemon to the mix
As a bit sourer is what we prefer!

The whole kitchen fills with scent!
Oh, the berries smell so nice!
Soon our mixture will be done,
So stir the fruit mash again twice!

Here we go, our jam is finished!
Fill it into those glasses here
Now it will cool, and when that’s done
We can finally eat it: It’s time to cheer!

Entry Category: Romance
Entry Title: You See The Stars, I See Them In You
Written by Soren for Aguisa
Entry:

My star-scribe, my dreamer, my dearest friend
I wish to present you my adorations;
You’ll always be with me until the end
And join my soul in celebrations!

You enchant me when you read from the stars
You enthrall me when you share tales with me;
I hope we can make this future ours,
And I wish these words convey my plea!

I could sing you praise about your sweet voice
And declare my love for the rest of time:
But to spin words like those is not my choice;
I’d like to tell you in acts and not rhyme.

So when you look at the nightly sky
Enraptured in futures it sings to you,
Direct your eyes to the dragon nearby
Because I’ll be beside you, as dear friends do!

Entry Title: Farewell, Exalted, Until We Meet Again
(A song sung in some parts of the sea on the day the Exalts leave the clan to join the Tidelord's service)
Entry:

The day has come and it has come so fast,
You’re grown up and strong, and our god calls to you.
Now you’ll make your journey into the deep water’s blue
To fight the great battle that will always last

Chorus:
Glory-bringer, prophet, battler!
It’s time to fulfil your duty now.
But fear not, all our thoughts are with you
And one day, I know, we will see you again.

I know this step is difficult
And I know those last years weren’t easy for you
But know that we love you, it’s all we can do
And your powers will cause a miracle.

(Chorus)

And when your service will done
Nobody knows, but one thing is sure:
We will wait for you and welcome you here;
We will wait for our clan’s proud daughter and son.

(Chorus)

"My my, you went all out, didn't you," mumbled a voice directly behind Soren. The Spiral flinched and almost dropped his quill.

"Wah, I didn't hear you come in!"

Altolus, the clan leader's coadjutor, smiled wryly. "No surprise, seeing how caught up in your poetry you have been. We have been searching for you. Suddenly you had disappeared. Aguisa was very worried."

Soren felt heat rise to his cheeks at the mention of his crush - his crush he had just written a love poem for.
"I'm sorry, won't do it again," he mumbled.

Altolus nodded. "Good. But now let's see how well you fare in this contest."
ZVpCPil.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15