Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lightning Lore: Blue Rock Amphitheater
[quote][Note: This is a thread originally written in posted October 13, 2017 in the Lightning Forums, due to not thinking others would be interested. I was wrong! So I am now moving it here where everyone can enjoy it and use it! Ping me if you have any questions or ideas, this lore is for anyone to take part of.][/quote] [center][size=5][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2392261]Autopilot's Lore Hub[/url][/b][/size][/center] More free lore, very loosely connected to my [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2392262]Stormseeker Railways[/url]. So they can be used either piecemeal or whole. [center][b]Introduction[/b][/center] The Blue Rock Amphitheater is built into the edge of one of the plateaus south of the tempest spire, known simply as the Blue Rock Mesa. The location of the venue itself is a natural cleft on the northern lip of the plateau, creating a protected nook into the rock. This nook was eventually expanded, cleaned up, and inevitably became connected to the multitude of other tunnels in the plateau's interior. This natural theater space gives an incredible view of the Tempest Spire in the distance, the formidable lightning storms in the sky, while possessing high walls to protect from the wind. Simple stone steps large enough to make for seating created an impressive outdoor space that is rare in the shifting expanse. Because of this, it naturally became a well sought after and premium location for large events requiring space for hundreds of dragons. Because of the dangers of lightning's skies, flight is prohibited into the amphitheater, and any flight within it must not exceed heights greater than 4 meters. [b][center][b]Improvements[/b][/center][/b] As time went on, improvements were made to the location. First is additional protection from the lightning storms, with multiple lightning rods circling the upper ledge of rock surrounding the Amphitheater. These also double in helping power spotlights, lighting effects, and other electrical equipment not otherwise possible away from the spire. Connecting to the labyrinth-like city of tunnels in the plateau are two large entrances to the theater. These Large corridors are meant to handle large crowds and large dragons alike. This Corridor holds many other facilities and small businesses that sell to the crowd that pass through. To enter these two impressive corridors is a long series of gates that stretch across the hall, where dragons may purchase tickets or show off their passes to enter. Blue Rock security is strict and make use of multiple means of ensuring only ticket-holders pass through. Multiple smaller corridors connect to the larger one from the sides of the theater, where as two at the very bottom lead backstage (or technically, below-stage) where more equipment is stored and performers have their private rooms and prep rooms. [b][center][b]Uses[/b][/center][/b] The rise in popularity has meant a rise in uses for the amphitheater. It is used as a demonstration platform for new ideas or scientific and engineering seminars to show off new discoveries and inventions. Most notably is the Gearspark Inventors Convention, who makes use of this venue as well as others in the Blue Rock Mesa. Musical performances have seen a rise in popularity at Blue Rock, with the excellent acoustics of the theater and access to electrical equipment. Various singers, groups, and bands have performed here, often resulting in a packed crowd. [b][center][b]Transportation[/b][/center][/b] All these things have also seen a high demand for transportation of both passengers and freight. As a result a dedicated short-line from the Spire Loop to blue rock mesa was added, with large cars able to carry all sizes of dragons and their luggage. It is so popular that the line makes three round trips each day. [center][b]Blue Rock City[/b][/center] The Draw of Blue Rock has lead to a boom in business and tourism within the plateau. Large corridors hollowed out and stuffed full of businesses, restaurants, and eateries among other things. This has benefited the local dragons who make their lairs within the sides of the mesa or in the city itself, and it has become a hotspot for creativity, arts, entertainment, and investors looking for the next big thing. Pardon my ugly 2 minute mockups they are just to give an idea. I may add more later . [center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/4f0fd3f4a3e2732a0d83340f18fb69c9/tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo2_1280.jpg[/img][/center] . For a sense of scale: The red dot is an Imperial on the stage. . [center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/f2438619cbbddd5fb8ea5c173309a34a/tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo3_1280.png[/img][/center] . [center] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/1c5b979bc6f64ab53f18af0f9551ee46/tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo1_1280.jpg[/img][/center] TLDR: a stage where lightning has the dragon equivalent of backstreet boys perform for large crowds or long winded scientific symposiums.
Quote:
[Note: This is a thread originally written in posted October 13, 2017 in the Lightning Forums, due to not thinking others would be interested. I was wrong! So I am now moving it here where everyone can enjoy it and use it! Ping me if you have any questions or ideas, this lore is for anyone to take part of.]

More free lore, very loosely connected to my Stormseeker Railways. So they can be used either piecemeal or whole.
Introduction

The Blue Rock Amphitheater is built into the edge of one of the plateaus south of the tempest spire, known simply as the Blue Rock Mesa. The location of the venue itself is a natural cleft on the northern lip of the plateau, creating a protected nook into the rock.

This nook was eventually expanded, cleaned up, and inevitably became connected to the multitude of other tunnels in the plateau's interior. This natural theater space gives an incredible view of the Tempest Spire in the distance, the formidable lightning storms in the sky, while possessing high walls to protect from the wind.

Simple stone steps large enough to make for seating created an impressive outdoor space that is rare in the shifting expanse. Because of this, it naturally became a well sought after and premium location for large events requiring space for hundreds of dragons.

Because of the dangers of lightning's skies, flight is prohibited into the amphitheater, and any flight within it must not exceed heights greater than 4 meters.

Improvements

As time went on, improvements were made to the location. First is additional protection from the lightning storms, with multiple lightning rods circling the upper ledge of rock surrounding the Amphitheater. These also double in helping power spotlights, lighting effects, and other electrical equipment not otherwise possible away from the spire.

Connecting to the labyrinth-like city of tunnels in the plateau are two large entrances to the theater. These Large corridors are meant to handle large crowds and large dragons alike. This Corridor holds many other facilities and small businesses that sell to the crowd that pass through.

To enter these two impressive corridors is a long series of gates that stretch across the hall, where dragons may purchase tickets or show off their passes to enter. Blue Rock security is strict and make use of multiple means of ensuring only ticket-holders pass through.

Multiple smaller corridors connect to the larger one from the sides of the theater, where as two at the very bottom lead backstage (or technically, below-stage) where more equipment is stored and performers have their private rooms and prep rooms.

Uses

The rise in popularity has meant a rise in uses for the amphitheater. It is used as a demonstration platform for new ideas or scientific and engineering seminars to show off new discoveries and inventions. Most notably is the Gearspark Inventors Convention, who makes use of this venue as well as others in the Blue Rock Mesa.

Musical performances have seen a rise in popularity at Blue Rock, with the excellent acoustics of the theater and access to electrical equipment. Various singers, groups, and bands have performed here, often resulting in a packed crowd.

Transportation

All these things have also seen a high demand for transportation of both passengers and freight. As a result a dedicated short-line from the Spire Loop to blue rock mesa was added, with large cars able to carry all sizes of dragons and their luggage. It is so popular that the line makes three round trips each day.

Blue Rock City

The Draw of Blue Rock has lead to a boom in business and tourism within the plateau. Large corridors hollowed out and stuffed full of businesses, restaurants, and eateries among other things. This has benefited the local dragons who make their lairs within the sides of the mesa or in the city itself, and it has become a hotspot for creativity, arts, entertainment, and investors looking for the next big thing.

Pardon my ugly 2 minute mockups they are just to give an idea. I may add more later
tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo2_1280.jpg
For a sense of scale: The red dot is an Imperial on the stage.
tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo3_1280.png
tumblr_oxrye5gMIm1vuvakgo1_1280.jpg

TLDR: a stage where lightning has the dragon equivalent of backstreet boys perform for large crowds or long winded scientific symposiums.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png