Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78 79
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/71#post_39022452]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 138: A Special Day[/u][/b] [i]We interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you this special birthday update![/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41895746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418958/41895746_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As promised, the declaration of war and the call to join the rebellion appeared on the doorsteps of every dragon early in the morning. All around Windkeep Tower, dragons were waking up to the news that their new rulers were being challenged. For some, this prompted a new level of excitement as they rushed to prepare for the fight. For others, not so much. It was Kulshan who woke first. Untangling himself from Kyra, he climbed off of the bed and made his way around the caravan to begin to prepare breakfast for when she woke up. He had just started the eggs, bacon and fish sizzling in the frying pan when he heard the letter flap. Grabbing a mug of coffee, he moved to see just what had arrived so early in the morning. What he read cause his coffee mug to fall out of his hand and shatter on the floor. The coffee spread across the floor in a growing black puddle and began seeping through the floorboards. Kulshan was too shocked to notice. "Kyra!" Kulshan called. "What?" A muffled but irritated voice responded. She clearly was not happy to be woken. "You have to see this!" Kulshan exclaimed, and rushed over to the bed, where he shoved the declaration in her face for her to read. "Not so close, I can't read it," Kyra grumbled, grabbing it into her hands so she could hold it the appropriate distance away. As she read the document, her eyes widened and she grew more awake. "No! I can't believe this! You aren't pranking me again, are you?" "Of course not!" Kulshan exclaimed in indignation, "Would I joke about something so serious? We have to tell the others!" "I'm sure they've already gotten it," Kyra pointed out, rubbing her eyes and stepping out of bed, "The food is burning." Suddenly remembering their breakfast, Kulshan rushed over to continue cooking. "Aren't you excited?" Kulshan asked, concerned at his wife's lack of enthusiasm at the chance to overthrow the monarchs they had despised for so long. "It's early," Kyra said, suddenly noticing the coffee on the floor. She sighed, grabbed a rag, and began to clean it up, "Besides, it's a bit early to get excited yet." "Why?" Kulshan asked. "Because, who knows how strong this resistance is going to be? Who knows how many will join the fight? And even if all of Windkeep Tower turns against Quartz and Banella, there is still a huge undead army and whatever else Quartz has up his sleeve. it will not be an easy fight, and Windkeep Tower may truly be lost in the fight," Kyra pointed out. "You're cheery in the mornings," Kulshan sniffed. "You knew this when you married me," Kyra reminded him, standing up and throwing the coffee rag in a bucket of water, "Besides, how are we going to get around Kaladin and Magiere? I'm not saying we can't join the fight but we can't just jump in without a strategy! Hope isn't going to win us this rebellion alone." "Lorcan said-" Kulshan began before Kyra cut him off. "I know what Lorcan said, but my nephew is like you, he's overly optimistic. I'm not saying you can't be. Goodness knows your optimism and sappy poetic heart is why I married you. But no matter how healthy Kaladin is he is a powerful necromancer and Quartz and Banella have him wrapped around their fingers." Kyra reminded him, "This is not going to be and easy-" She trailed off. Something had caught her attention. A small circle of pink magic had appeared above the bed. The couple stared at it in shock. At first, Kyra thought it must belong to Magiere, but she had never seen her do anything like this. It must have another source. As the two watched, the circle grew wider and wider, the pink turning into a sparking ring around cloudy purple swirls. It looked like a portal, but neither of them knew any dragons who could summon portals other than Quartz. Kyra felt a thrill of fear rush threw her. What did the king want? To her surprise, however, the majestic coatl was not the dragon who stepped through the portal, but instead a small tundra hatchling. The child dropped unceremoniously from the portal, which stood a few inches from the bed, and landed with a flop on the duvet. Then, the portal vanished, leaving the tundra alone on the bed with the two dumbfounded dragons. He blinked up at the couple, multiple times. His whole body was covered in eyes. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52044854] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=7&bodygene=24&breed=6&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=38&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=100&auth=6283db945a6a3b5a6f84814682a8673c11969575&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Please tell me this is another one of your illusions," Kyra whispered to Kulshan. "I wish I was that good!" Kulshan said wistfully. "Mama?" The hatchling said. He was beginning to tear up, in all of his eyes. Kyra couldn't take it anymore, she broke. Rushing over to the tiny tundra, she scooped him up in her arms. "You're a strange little one, aren't you? You'll fit in quite well here," Kyra cooed. "So we're keeping him?" Kulshan asked, almost jumping up and down with excitement. "Of course we're keeping him!" Kyra shot back, "He's got no one else, and I'm not turning him out, especially not when we are on the brink of war!" "You always have a soft spot for hatchlings," Kulshan's face stretched into a goofy grin, "Is that why we haven't had any in a while?" "Shut up," Kyra said, but it was softer than usual. She only had eyes for the hatchling. The wildclaw sighed, "Why'd you have to go and appear today? Now I know we have to fight." "No matter the cost?" Kulshan pressed. "No matter the cost," Kyra agreed, heart pounding. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/72#post_39052839]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @FallenEclipse @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @ShinyDecidueye @AlchemyFox @demitri[/center] ----- Actually, Kully, the reason you and Kyra haven't nested in a while is because you aren't as pretty of a breeding pair and your colours remind me too much of Halloween to breed you any other time of the year! This birthday update actually fit a lot better than I expected. I mean, the timing is really bad to be introducing a new dragon, even if he probably won't be making another appearance, but Kyra and Kulshan were perfect to fit in as a reaction to the notice for war, and I was able to add a bit of foreshadowing for my next update! I hatched Quill today and after seeing that not only did I hatch a multigaze dragon but also a tundra on my birthday of all days, I knew I had to keep him. I had been waffling on whether or not I wanted to get a birthday dragon because lair space is running low and the edge of the 'final battle' is hardly ideal timing for new dragons, but the rng had other ideas. So, of course, I gave him as a child to my other birthday dragons, who were gifts from my two best friends last year. It's so hard to believe it's been a year since Kyra and Kulshan were hatched and introduced!

Chapter 138: A Special Day
We interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you this special birthday update!

41895746_350.png

41890810_350.png

As promised, the declaration of war and the call to join the rebellion appeared on the doorsteps of every dragon early in the morning. All around Windkeep Tower, dragons were waking up to the news that their new rulers were being challenged. For some, this prompted a new level of excitement as they rushed to prepare for the fight. For others, not so much.

It was Kulshan who woke first. Untangling himself from Kyra, he climbed off of the bed and made his way around the caravan to begin to prepare breakfast for when she woke up. He had just started the eggs, bacon and fish sizzling in the frying pan when he heard the letter flap. Grabbing a mug of coffee, he moved to see just what had arrived so early in the morning.

What he read cause his coffee mug to fall out of his hand and shatter on the floor. The coffee spread across the floor in a growing black puddle and began seeping through the floorboards. Kulshan was too shocked to notice.

"Kyra!" Kulshan called.

"What?" A muffled but irritated voice responded. She clearly was not happy to be woken.

"You have to see this!" Kulshan exclaimed, and rushed over to the bed, where he shoved the declaration in her face for her to read.

"Not so close, I can't read it," Kyra grumbled, grabbing it into her hands so she could hold it the appropriate distance away. As she read the document, her eyes widened and she grew more awake. "No! I can't believe this! You aren't pranking me again, are you?"

"Of course not!" Kulshan exclaimed in indignation, "Would I joke about something so serious? We have to tell the others!"

"I'm sure they've already gotten it," Kyra pointed out, rubbing her eyes and stepping out of bed, "The food is burning."

Suddenly remembering their breakfast, Kulshan rushed over to continue cooking.

"Aren't you excited?" Kulshan asked, concerned at his wife's lack of enthusiasm at the chance to overthrow the monarchs they had despised for so long.

"It's early," Kyra said, suddenly noticing the coffee on the floor. She sighed, grabbed a rag, and began to clean it up, "Besides, it's a bit early to get excited yet."

"Why?" Kulshan asked.

"Because, who knows how strong this resistance is going to be? Who knows how many will join the fight? And even if all of Windkeep Tower turns against Quartz and Banella, there is still a huge undead army and whatever else Quartz has up his sleeve. it will not be an easy fight, and Windkeep Tower may truly be lost in the fight," Kyra pointed out.

"You're cheery in the mornings," Kulshan sniffed.

"You knew this when you married me," Kyra reminded him, standing up and throwing the coffee rag in a bucket of water, "Besides, how are we going to get around Kaladin and Magiere? I'm not saying we can't join the fight but we can't just jump in without a strategy! Hope isn't going to win us this rebellion alone."

"Lorcan said-" Kulshan began before Kyra cut him off.

"I know what Lorcan said, but my nephew is like you, he's overly optimistic. I'm not saying you can't be. Goodness knows your optimism and sappy poetic heart is why I married you. But no matter how healthy Kaladin is he is a powerful necromancer and Quartz and Banella have him wrapped around their fingers." Kyra reminded him, "This is not going to be and easy-"

She trailed off. Something had caught her attention. A small circle of pink magic had appeared above the bed. The couple stared at it in shock. At first, Kyra thought it must belong to Magiere, but she had never seen her do anything like this. It must have another source.

As the two watched, the circle grew wider and wider, the pink turning into a sparking ring around cloudy purple swirls. It looked like a portal, but neither of them knew any dragons who could summon portals other than Quartz. Kyra felt a thrill of fear rush threw her. What did the king want?

To her surprise, however, the majestic coatl was not the dragon who stepped through the portal, but instead a small tundra hatchling. The child dropped unceremoniously from the portal, which stood a few inches from the bed, and landed with a flop on the duvet. Then, the portal vanished, leaving the tundra alone on the bed with the two dumbfounded dragons. He blinked up at the couple, multiple times. His whole body was covered in eyes.

"Please tell me this is another one of your illusions," Kyra whispered to Kulshan.

"I wish I was that good!" Kulshan said wistfully.

"Mama?" The hatchling said. He was beginning to tear up, in all of his eyes. Kyra couldn't take it anymore, she broke.

Rushing over to the tiny tundra, she scooped him up in her arms. "You're a strange little one, aren't you? You'll fit in quite well here," Kyra cooed.

"So we're keeping him?" Kulshan asked, almost jumping up and down with excitement.

"Of course we're keeping him!" Kyra shot back, "He's got no one else, and I'm not turning him out, especially not when we are on the brink of war!"

"You always have a soft spot for hatchlings," Kulshan's face stretched into a goofy grin, "Is that why we haven't had any in a while?"

"Shut up," Kyra said, but it was softer than usual. She only had eyes for the hatchling. The wildclaw sighed, "Why'd you have to go and appear today? Now I know we have to fight."

"No matter the cost?" Kulshan pressed.

"No matter the cost," Kyra agreed, heart pounding.

Actually, Kully, the reason you and Kyra haven't nested in a while is because you aren't as pretty of a breeding pair and your colours remind me too much of Halloween to breed you any other time of the year!

This birthday update actually fit a lot better than I expected. I mean, the timing is really bad to be introducing a new dragon, even if he probably won't be making another appearance, but Kyra and Kulshan were perfect to fit in as a reaction to the notice for war, and I was able to add a bit of foreshadowing for my next update!

I hatched Quill today and after seeing that not only did I hatch a multigaze dragon but also a tundra on my birthday of all days, I knew I had to keep him. I had been waffling on whether or not I wanted to get a birthday dragon because lair space is running low and the edge of the 'final battle' is hardly ideal timing for new dragons, but the rng had other ideas. So, of course, I gave him as a child to my other birthday dragons, who were gifts from my two best friends last year. It's so hard to believe it's been a year since Kyra and Kulshan were hatched and introduced!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Congratulations on the lucky hatch, and what spectacular colors, too! He's a beautiful boy! [emoji=guardian love size=1] I hope you'll also have a great day/night plus another wonderful year ahead. Enjoy your birthday! [emoji=firework size=1]
@Petall Congratulations on the lucky hatch, and what spectacular colors, too! He's a beautiful boy! I hope you'll also have a great day/night plus another wonderful year ahead. Enjoy your birthday!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Thank you!!! [emoji=new friend size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=tundra laughing size=1]
@Disillusionist

Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall [center] [emoji=music note size=1] Happy Birthday! [emoji=music notes size=1][/center] [center][emoji=firework size=1] [emoji=firework size=1] [emoji=firework size=1] [emoji=firework size=1] [emoji=firework size=1] [emoji=firework size=1][/center] [center][emoji=bogsneak star size=1][emoji=coatl star size=1][emoji=guardian star size=1][emoji=mirror star size=1][emoji=pearlcatcher star size=1][emoji=fae star size=1][emoji=ridgeback star size=1][emoji=spiral star size=1][emoji=tundra star size=1][/center] The best things in life are rng! Congratulations on Quill, he's definitely a cute one! Just think, this time last year, Querida was starting her journey to look for Quartz, and Quartz himself was a real-time week from being introduced at Windkeep by Queen Fenn.... Now we're in the middle of a war, Querida is fighting against Quartz, Queen Fenn is frozen, and Quartz is... fighting everybody, I guess. It's been a ride, even though technically I've only been on this ride since the start of Winds of Change arc~ Here's to another exciting year of lore! [emoji=ceramic jar size=1]
@Petall
Happy Birthday!

The best things in life are rng! Congratulations on Quill, he's definitely a cute one! Just think, this time last year, Querida was starting her journey to look for Quartz, and Quartz himself was a real-time week from being introduced at Windkeep by Queen Fenn.... Now we're in the middle of a war, Querida is fighting against Quartz, Queen Fenn is frozen, and Quartz is... fighting everybody, I guess. It's been a ride, even though technically I've only been on this ride since the start of Winds of Change arc~ Here's to another exciting year of lore!
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox Thank you!!! [emoji=new friend size=1] It's insane how much has happened in the past year, truly. I can't wait to see where everyone is by this time next year! With my upcoming Pinkerlocke clan, truly, it could be anywhere! [emoji=tundra tongue size=1]
@AlchemyFox

Thank you!!!

It's insane how much has happened in the past year, truly. I can't wait to see where everyone is by this time next year! With my upcoming Pinkerlocke clan, truly, it could be anywhere!
@Petall

Wow, congrats! Here's hoping Quill, being the adorable baby he is, stays safe ^^"
@Petall

Wow, congrats! Here's hoping Quill, being the adorable baby he is, stays safe ^^"
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678 Thank you! [emoji=new friend size=1]
@Tirtouga678

Thank you!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/72#post_39033393]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 139: Full of Surprises[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36377357] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363774/36377357_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47845661] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/478457/47845661_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Are you sure we shouldn't just find my parents and go?" Quaid asked. He and Eclipse were running through the Tangled Wood, moonlight dappling their backs as they ran through the thick forest. "We need to tell Raizel!" Eclipse said resolutely. "Alright, if you say so," Quaid drawled, "I'm just saying, we've wasted enough time here already-" "Raizel has spend that past Shadowbinder know how many years alone, we are not abandoning her to return to a lonely existence with no word from us," Eclipse insisted. "Deities, no need to bite my head off, it was only a suggestion," Quaid snorted, "Besides, she's a hermit, why would she be lonely? Isn't solitude like a hermit thing?" "Need I remind you what my antennae is for?" Eclipse said, raising her eyebrows. She shouldn't sound so sharp, she knew that despite their helpful favours and busy antics, Quaid and his family were getting antsy. She could hardly blame dragons used to the open air for getting annoyed with staying in one place so long, but she also knew what it was like to be abandoned and spurned for her abilities. She wouldn't wish that on anyone. Suddenly, Quaid stopped in his tracks. "Do you hear that?" He lifted a front talon to stop Eclipse. "Hear what?" Eclipse whispered, not sure what her friend was picking up on. He far outmatched her when it came to tracking abilities. "Shhh! I'm trying to listen!" Quaid hissed. His tail swished angrily. Eclipse fell silent and strained her ears. After a few seconds, she could hear the sound of two creatures loudly wading through the undergrowth. They clearly didn't have the same stealth Quaid and his family had. At first, Eclipse wondered if it was more wolves, but they were too clumsy for that, and soon draconic voices could be heard, announcing their presence to every creature that might have missed the crackle of their footsteps against the bracken. it wasn't long before a purple tundra and orange mirror came into view, the mirror clashing more than her partner in the darkness of the forest. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47310471] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/473105/47310471_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47181389] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471814/47181389_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "I'm telling you Zoie, you need to stop punting our kids through portals for laughs! Do you know how hard they are to recover? Some we've never found again!" The tundra was clearly irritated with his mate. "Admit it, you think it's funny too," Zoie grinned impishly, "Besides, you never open portals anywhere [i]dangerous[/i], do you Psoron? Hatchlings are more hardy than you think, I'm sure they are all fine and happy in new families." "Do you even have an ounce of regret?" Psoron huffed. "Hey, it's not like I punted all of our hatchlings! Plus we haven't [i]really[/i] lost one since-" Zoie was interrupted by her mate. "Since the Trickmurk Circus? Or is there something you're not telling me?" Psoron asked. "Admit it, you think it's funny. You know I would never do anything to harm our children," Zoie grinned. "Intentionally," Psoron added, but Eclipse could tell he was cracking a smile. They were certainly an odd couple. She was about to guide Quaid to steer clear of them when the mirror noticed there. "Hey, you two! Were you eavesdropping on us?" Zoie called. "It's not like it's hard," Quaid muttered. Eclipse knocked him in the shoulder to shut him up. "Oh! Hello there, fellow travelers!" The tundra's irritated face had morphed into a jolly expression, "May we be of some assistance?" "Yeah! You need to get anywhere fast?" Zoie's face stretched into a toothy grin and there was a glint in her eyes that Eclipse didn't entirely trust. "What? Are you trying to sell us a canoe?" Quaid asked suspiciously. "No, we deal in a much more delicate mode of transportation," The tundra was clearly insulted at Quaid's joke. "Portals baby!" Zoie exclaimed, "Everywhere and anywhere you want to go!" "You're kidding!" For once, Quaid actually seemed impressed. "That's got to be expensive, how much are you charging?" Eclipse asked. "One millio-mph!" Zoie was cut off by a fluffy tail over her mouth. "That depends, where you need to go. And why," Psoron smiled, ignoring his mate's muffled remarks. "Windkeep Tower, they need our help," Quaid said quickly, "We need to get there fast." "But we can't leave quite yet!" Eclipse jumped in. "We have people to find first!" "What? Are you serious?" Quaid turned to Eclipse, "Do we have to? Don't you see, we could take off on our own! Have our own adventures! My parents can take the ship back and we can just do what we want!" "Raizel is my friend too, and even if she wasn't, Silas entrusted me with Tatum. We can't leave without her," Eclipse insisted. "Fine," Quaid sighed and rolled his eyes, "Why do you have to be so noble?" "It's a moon warrior thing," Eclipse teased, sticking out her tongue. To her relief, Quaid cracked a grin. "Wait!" Zoie jumped in, shoving Psoron's tail away from her mouth, "You're a moon warrior? We have a special deal for moon warriors, one way, for free-" "Zoie, we are not sending the moon warrior to the actual moon," Psoron said sternly. "You take all the fun out of everything," Zoie huffed. "But Zoie is right, if you are a moon warrior and are actually on a quest, we would be happy to aid you right now, no talk of payment. I'm certain it is a noble journey, and therefore we will not become obstacles in that," Psoron offered, "We will not only teleport you to this Windkeep Tower, but we will also aid in whatever way your clan needs." "Yeah, we can discuss payment [i]after[/i] we save your clan and become heroes!" Zoie grinned, "Wait, did you say Windkeep Tower?" "Yes, do you know it?" Eclipse asked, trying to hold her irritation at bay. She could feel her sword materializing as her emotions rose. This mirror was really getting on her nerves. "I think that's where I sent Quill," Zoie said thoughtfully. "You [i]what?![/i]" Psoron roared. He shook his head. "Well, seeing as Windkeep Tower is next on our [i]destination list[/i], you can make the trip with us, free of charge." "Yeah, we can stop and pick up your friends on the way!" Zoie suggested. "Let's GOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooo!" [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37751163] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/377512/37751163_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51611366] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516114/51611366_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As neither Quaid or Eclipse had returned on time for dinner, Raizel and her guests had decided to ear without them. Now, Plagueheart and Pyrite had gone into the clearing for some sparring and Raizel and Tatum were enjoying some nice tea together. They were all too surprised when out of nowhere a pick portal appeared and four dragons fell out and dog-piled unceremoniously on the table, spilling tea everywhere. "Is everything okay? We heard a loud noise-" Plagueheart asked, rushing in with Pyrite. Both her gripping large blades and were clearly ready to attack. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40062165] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400622/40062165_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40036092] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400361/40036092_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Sorry, we may have misjudged the calculations [i]a little[/i]," Zoie smirked. "Zoie! I told you to stop messing with my formulas!" Psoron glared at her, "It's embarrassing in front of our customers!" "[i]In front[/i] of our customers, yes, but I know full well how much you laugh once they're gone," Zoie said cheekily. "So what exactly is going on? I'm a little lost," Raizel asked. In all her years of hiding, she had never encountered anything like this, though the Deus Ex Machina shop came pretty close. She tried to ignore the way Tatum was giggling on the floor at the chaos of everything. "I'm sorry, that's not my fault," Eclipse said, stepping off the table and brushing herself off. The skydancer then proceeded to fill in everything that had happened since she left the hollow, including her harrowing defense of the wolf attack and the appearance of her lunar blade. Raizel stared at the skydancer in rapt awe. "Well, it sounds like you had quite the night!" Raizel exclaimed, "You are a good student, you are ready to go home." Her heart sank as she said it, she had quite enjoyed having company again. "You two go on ahead," Plagueheart turned to Eclipse and Quaid. The wildclaw was already jumping into action, taking no time to process all that had happened. Maybe she already had. "Are you sure?" Eclipse pressed. "Hey, our ship is still out there, and I'm not going to lose another one," Pyrite pointed out, "The clan was already mad enough at us for stealing one ship and losing it. We'll take the ship back." As the other dragons discussed return plans, Raizel watched as Tatum silently cast the tundra a glance and moved over to join Eclipse. The imperial had grown to big to take up her position as a scarf, but her allegiance was clear. Raizel felt a lump form in her throat. of all her new friends, she had hoped Tatum would stay. Maybe times were changing. If Eclipse was accepted as a moon warrior elsewhere, maybe Raizel would be too. "I want to come too," Raizel said at last. The other dragons turned to stare at her. "Are you sure?" Eclipse asked, "I mean, I'm not doubting you, it just caught me off guard. You've been living alone for so long." "Exactly," Raizel said, "It's time for me to return to the world of dragons." "Great! Then it's settled," Eclipse said, turning to the group, "Plagueheart and Pyrite will return by airship, the rest of us will go ahead with Psoron and Zoie through their portals and hopefully arrive back in Windkeep Tower." She cast a glare at Zoie, the added, "It took a couple of tries for us to get here." "I promise I won't mess with the portals," Zoie nodded, crossing a talon over her heart. "This time," Psoron pressed. "Yes, I promise I won't mess with the portals this time. Every other time though, you better watch out!" Zoie flashed an impish grin. "I guess that's the best we can hope for," Psoron said, "Is everyone ready?" There was a flash of pink light, and a growing circle of pink light appeared in front of the gathered dragon. In the center were puffs of green mist in varied shades, and the scent of wind filled the air. Once the portal was ready, Psoron nodded. Eclipse looked back at the others momentarily, then stepped through the portal, followed by Tatum. Quaid bit his lip as he looked at his parents, as if uncertain about being separated from them. His anxiety, however, did not linger long. Shaking his head and grinning widely, he too stepped through the portal. "You next," Zoie said, gesturing for Raizel to go through, "We need to close it behind us." "Oh, this is a we thing now? What do you do to help? Stand around and look pretty?" Psoron asked, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I'm moral support! You know how this goes!" Zoie grinned. Raizel could hardly hear what the couple were saying. It was suddenly hitting her that she was saying goodbye to the place she had called home longer than she could remember. She knew the timing was right, but it was still hard to leave. "Come on!" Psoron broke through her thoughts, "I can't hold the portal for very much longer!" Taking a deep breath, Raizel closed her eyes and stepped into the portal. She would not look back. There was a rush of magical energy around her blowing like the wind, then everything was still. Raizel opened her eyes to see herself standing in a circus tent with Eclipse, Quaid and Tatum. Outside, the wind battered the tent walls. New scents filled her nostrils, and she had to pause for a moment to take everything in. She had never left the Tangled Wood before, and everything about this new place was disorienting. She was so distracted, she forgot to step out of the way of the portal before Zoie and Psoron tumbled through. She was pushed to the ground as they appeared where she was standing, and sh felt her face meet the sandy floor, sending a cloud of dust into the air. That was when she caught wind of a familiar dragon scent. The memories associated with the scent were long since gone, but the presence of the smell filled Raizel with a great sense of warmth in her chest. It was different than she remembered, but it was obviously a good smell. She scrambled to her feet and looked around, desperate to see who the smell belonged to. What fragment of her past was arisen? And would this dragon remember her? As she turned around to see a figure stepping through the tent flap, she didn't have to wonder anymore. His expression said everything. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/73#post_39062971]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @FallenEclipse @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @ShinyDecidueye @AlchemyFox @demitri[/center] ----- If you check Psoron and Zoie's offspring list, you may find another familiar name! [emoji=mirror winking size=2] I got some great ideas for my upcoming pinkerlocke today that is getting me really excited to start it once this arc is over and oh my goodness sometimes it is so hard to wait and then I write another chapter and remember why I love this story. Also, idk if any of you ever look back at old chapters, but if you look back at Magiere's visit to Novus Lux, you may notice there are some different dragons in the chapter. That's because the triplets, who were the main dragons she interacted with, have recently been revamped by CleverDual for her upcoming new clan and we had to fill the plot hole their changes brought so she told me what dragons made sense to take their place, as the triplets have no longer ever been a part of Novus Lux.

Chapter 139: Full of Surprises

36377357_350.png

47845661_350.png

"Are you sure we shouldn't just find my parents and go?" Quaid asked. He and Eclipse were running through the Tangled Wood, moonlight dappling their backs as they ran through the thick forest.

"We need to tell Raizel!" Eclipse said resolutely.

"Alright, if you say so," Quaid drawled, "I'm just saying, we've wasted enough time here already-"

"Raizel has spend that past Shadowbinder know how many years alone, we are not abandoning her to return to a lonely existence with no word from us," Eclipse insisted.

"Deities, no need to bite my head off, it was only a suggestion," Quaid snorted, "Besides, she's a hermit, why would she be lonely? Isn't solitude like a hermit thing?"

"Need I remind you what my antennae is for?" Eclipse said, raising her eyebrows. She shouldn't sound so sharp, she knew that despite their helpful favours and busy antics, Quaid and his family were getting antsy. She could hardly blame dragons used to the open air for getting annoyed with staying in one place so long, but she also knew what it was like to be abandoned and spurned for her abilities. She wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Suddenly, Quaid stopped in his tracks. "Do you hear that?" He lifted a front talon to stop Eclipse.

"Hear what?" Eclipse whispered, not sure what her friend was picking up on. He far outmatched her when it came to tracking abilities.

"Shhh! I'm trying to listen!" Quaid hissed. His tail swished angrily. Eclipse fell silent and strained her ears.

After a few seconds, she could hear the sound of two creatures loudly wading through the undergrowth. They clearly didn't have the same stealth Quaid and his family had. At first, Eclipse wondered if it was more wolves, but they were too clumsy for that, and soon draconic voices could be heard, announcing their presence to every creature that might have missed the crackle of their footsteps against the bracken. it wasn't long before a purple tundra and orange mirror came into view, the mirror clashing more than her partner in the darkness of the forest.

"I'm telling you Zoie, you need to stop punting our kids through portals for laughs! Do you know how hard they are to recover? Some we've never found again!" The tundra was clearly irritated with his mate.

"Admit it, you think it's funny too," Zoie grinned impishly, "Besides, you never open portals anywhere dangerous, do you Psoron? Hatchlings are more hardy than you think, I'm sure they are all fine and happy in new families."

"Do you even have an ounce of regret?" Psoron huffed.

"Hey, it's not like I punted all of our hatchlings! Plus we haven't really lost one since-" Zoie was interrupted by her mate.

"Since the Trickmurk Circus? Or is there something you're not telling me?" Psoron asked.

"Admit it, you think it's funny. You know I would never do anything to harm our children," Zoie grinned.

"Intentionally," Psoron added, but Eclipse could tell he was cracking a smile. They were certainly an odd couple. She was about to guide Quaid to steer clear of them when the mirror noticed there.

"Hey, you two! Were you eavesdropping on us?" Zoie called.

"It's not like it's hard," Quaid muttered. Eclipse knocked him in the shoulder to shut him up.

"Oh! Hello there, fellow travelers!" The tundra's irritated face had morphed into a jolly expression, "May we be of some assistance?"

"Yeah! You need to get anywhere fast?" Zoie's face stretched into a toothy grin and there was a glint in her eyes that Eclipse didn't entirely trust.

"What? Are you trying to sell us a canoe?" Quaid asked suspiciously.

"No, we deal in a much more delicate mode of transportation," The tundra was clearly insulted at Quaid's joke.

"Portals baby!" Zoie exclaimed, "Everywhere and anywhere you want to go!"

"You're kidding!" For once, Quaid actually seemed impressed.

"That's got to be expensive, how much are you charging?" Eclipse asked.

"One millio-mph!" Zoie was cut off by a fluffy tail over her mouth.

"That depends, where you need to go. And why," Psoron smiled, ignoring his mate's muffled remarks.

"Windkeep Tower, they need our help," Quaid said quickly, "We need to get there fast."

"But we can't leave quite yet!" Eclipse jumped in. "We have people to find first!"

"What? Are you serious?" Quaid turned to Eclipse, "Do we have to? Don't you see, we could take off on our own! Have our own adventures! My parents can take the ship back and we can just do what we want!"

"Raizel is my friend too, and even if she wasn't, Silas entrusted me with Tatum. We can't leave without her," Eclipse insisted.

"Fine," Quaid sighed and rolled his eyes, "Why do you have to be so noble?"

"It's a moon warrior thing," Eclipse teased, sticking out her tongue. To her relief, Quaid cracked a grin.

"Wait!" Zoie jumped in, shoving Psoron's tail away from her mouth, "You're a moon warrior? We have a special deal for moon warriors, one way, for free-"

"Zoie, we are not sending the moon warrior to the actual moon," Psoron said sternly.

"You take all the fun out of everything," Zoie huffed.

"But Zoie is right, if you are a moon warrior and are actually on a quest, we would be happy to aid you right now, no talk of payment. I'm certain it is a noble journey, and therefore we will not become obstacles in that," Psoron offered, "We will not only teleport you to this Windkeep Tower, but we will also aid in whatever way your clan needs."

"Yeah, we can discuss payment after we save your clan and become heroes!" Zoie grinned, "Wait, did you say Windkeep Tower?"

"Yes, do you know it?" Eclipse asked, trying to hold her irritation at bay. She could feel her sword materializing as her emotions rose. This mirror was really getting on her nerves.

"I think that's where I sent Quill," Zoie said thoughtfully.

"You what?!" Psoron roared. He shook his head. "Well, seeing as Windkeep Tower is next on our destination list, you can make the trip with us, free of charge."

"Yeah, we can stop and pick up your friends on the way!" Zoie suggested. "Let's GOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooo!"

As neither Quaid or Eclipse had returned on time for dinner, Raizel and her guests had decided to ear without them. Now, Plagueheart and Pyrite had gone into the clearing for some sparring and Raizel and Tatum were enjoying some nice tea together. They were all too surprised when out of nowhere a pick portal appeared and four dragons fell out and dog-piled unceremoniously on the table, spilling tea everywhere.

"Is everything okay? We heard a loud noise-" Plagueheart asked, rushing in with Pyrite. Both her gripping large blades and were clearly ready to attack.

"Sorry, we may have misjudged the calculations a little," Zoie smirked.

"Zoie! I told you to stop messing with my formulas!" Psoron glared at her, "It's embarrassing in front of our customers!"

"In front of our customers, yes, but I know full well how much you laugh once they're gone," Zoie said cheekily.

"So what exactly is going on? I'm a little lost," Raizel asked. In all her years of hiding, she had never encountered anything like this, though the Deus Ex Machina shop came pretty close. She tried to ignore the way Tatum was giggling on the floor at the chaos of everything.

"I'm sorry, that's not my fault," Eclipse said, stepping off the table and brushing herself off. The skydancer then proceeded to fill in everything that had happened since she left the hollow, including her harrowing defense of the wolf attack and the appearance of her lunar blade. Raizel stared at the skydancer in rapt awe.

"Well, it sounds like you had quite the night!" Raizel exclaimed, "You are a good student, you are ready to go home." Her heart sank as she said it, she had quite enjoyed having company again.

"You two go on ahead," Plagueheart turned to Eclipse and Quaid. The wildclaw was already jumping into action, taking no time to process all that had happened. Maybe she already had.

"Are you sure?" Eclipse pressed.

"Hey, our ship is still out there, and I'm not going to lose another one," Pyrite pointed out, "The clan was already mad enough at us for stealing one ship and losing it. We'll take the ship back."

As the other dragons discussed return plans, Raizel watched as Tatum silently cast the tundra a glance and moved over to join Eclipse. The imperial had grown to big to take up her position as a scarf, but her allegiance was clear. Raizel felt a lump form in her throat. of all her new friends, she had hoped Tatum would stay. Maybe times were changing. If Eclipse was accepted as a moon warrior elsewhere, maybe Raizel would be too.

"I want to come too," Raizel said at last. The other dragons turned to stare at her.

"Are you sure?" Eclipse asked, "I mean, I'm not doubting you, it just caught me off guard. You've been living alone for so long."

"Exactly," Raizel said, "It's time for me to return to the world of dragons."

"Great! Then it's settled," Eclipse said, turning to the group, "Plagueheart and Pyrite will return by airship, the rest of us will go ahead with Psoron and Zoie through their portals and hopefully arrive back in Windkeep Tower." She cast a glare at Zoie, the added, "It took a couple of tries for us to get here."

"I promise I won't mess with the portals," Zoie nodded, crossing a talon over her heart.

"This time," Psoron pressed.

"Yes, I promise I won't mess with the portals this time. Every other time though, you better watch out!" Zoie flashed an impish grin.

"I guess that's the best we can hope for," Psoron said, "Is everyone ready?"

There was a flash of pink light, and a growing circle of pink light appeared in front of the gathered dragon. In the center were puffs of green mist in varied shades, and the scent of wind filled the air.

Once the portal was ready, Psoron nodded. Eclipse looked back at the others momentarily, then stepped through the portal, followed by Tatum. Quaid bit his lip as he looked at his parents, as if uncertain about being separated from them. His anxiety, however, did not linger long. Shaking his head and grinning widely, he too stepped through the portal.

"You next," Zoie said, gesturing for Raizel to go through, "We need to close it behind us."

"Oh, this is a we thing now? What do you do to help? Stand around and look pretty?" Psoron asked, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"I'm moral support! You know how this goes!" Zoie grinned.

Raizel could hardly hear what the couple were saying. It was suddenly hitting her that she was saying goodbye to the place she had called home longer than she could remember. She knew the timing was right, but it was still hard to leave.

"Come on!" Psoron broke through her thoughts, "I can't hold the portal for very much longer!"

Taking a deep breath, Raizel closed her eyes and stepped into the portal. She would not look back. There was a rush of magical energy around her blowing like the wind, then everything was still.

Raizel opened her eyes to see herself standing in a circus tent with Eclipse, Quaid and Tatum. Outside, the wind battered the tent walls. New scents filled her nostrils, and she had to pause for a moment to take everything in. She had never left the Tangled Wood before, and everything about this new place was disorienting. She was so distracted, she forgot to step out of the way of the portal before Zoie and Psoron tumbled through. She was pushed to the ground as they appeared where she was standing, and sh felt her face meet the sandy floor, sending a cloud of dust into the air.

That was when she caught wind of a familiar dragon scent. The memories associated with the scent were long since gone, but the presence of the smell filled Raizel with a great sense of warmth in her chest. It was different than she remembered, but it was obviously a good smell. She scrambled to her feet and looked around, desperate to see who the smell belonged to. What fragment of her past was arisen? And would this dragon remember her?

As she turned around to see a figure stepping through the tent flap, she didn't have to wonder anymore. His expression said everything.

If you check Psoron and Zoie's offspring list, you may find another familiar name!

I got some great ideas for my upcoming pinkerlocke today that is getting me really excited to start it once this arc is over and oh my goodness sometimes it is so hard to wait and then I write another chapter and remember why I love this story.

Also, idk if any of you ever look back at old chapters, but if you look back at Magiere's visit to Novus Lux, you may notice there are some different dragons in the chapter. That's because the triplets, who were the main dragons she interacted with, have recently been revamped by CleverDual for her upcoming new clan and we had to fill the plot hole their changes brought so she told me what dragons made sense to take their place, as the triplets have no longer ever been a part of Novus Lux.
@Petall I can see why Psoron and Zoie's assorted children turned out the way they have. They make Luster seem.. responsible. [emoji=mirror deadpan size=1] I actually really like how Luster has grown as a character~ And I'm glad you closed up the little plot detail of Team Moon Pirate being months away from the action! Still shipping Eclipse/Quaid! Quaid's shipping it too, I see... [emoji=spiral winking size=1] [quote]"Do we have to? Don't you see, we could take off on our own! Have our own adventures! My parents can take the ship back and we can just do what we want!"[/quote]
@Petall I can see why Psoron and Zoie's assorted children turned out the way they have. They make Luster seem.. responsible. I actually really like how Luster has grown as a character~ And I'm glad you closed up the little plot detail of Team Moon Pirate being months away from the action! Still shipping Eclipse/Quaid! Quaid's shipping it too, I see...
Quote:
"Do we have to? Don't you see, we could take off on our own! Have our own adventures! My parents can take the ship back and we can just do what we want!"
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Writing this I realized Luster is the perfect balance between Zoie and Psoron. Honestly, the whole time I was writing Zoie I was thinking both about how this is where Luster gets it from, but also how much calmer he is when compared to his mother!

Hehehe what can I say? Your enthusiasm for the ship has helped me realize their chemistry and grow to ship it myself! I was originally going to pair Eclipse with someone else, but honestly, she works so much better with Quaid. He's a much better fit for her, and I'm glad you helped me see that. (Plus it means she can join the Amberlyn family and we all know how biased I am towards that family line!)
@AlchemyFox

Writing this I realized Luster is the perfect balance between Zoie and Psoron. Honestly, the whole time I was writing Zoie I was thinking both about how this is where Luster gets it from, but also how much calmer he is when compared to his mother!

Hehehe what can I say? Your enthusiasm for the ship has helped me realize their chemistry and grow to ship it myself! I was originally going to pair Eclipse with someone else, but honestly, she works so much better with Quaid. He's a much better fit for her, and I'm glad you helped me see that. (Plus it means she can join the Amberlyn family and we all know how biased I am towards that family line!)
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78 79