Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78 79
@RiaFire11 He's certainly not having a very good day! [emoji=guardian tongue]
@RiaFire11

He's certainly not having a very good day!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Just letting you know that I changed my UN from Skyeset to Amezrou
@Petall Just letting you know that I changed my UN from Skyeset to Amezrou
ck2CMHK.gif
@Amezrou

Thanks for letting me know! I'll change you ping info!
@Amezrou

Thanks for letting me know! I'll change you ping info!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/51#post_37673538]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 93: Eclipse[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36377357] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363774/36377357_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The moon rose high above the tangled wood, its cold light emanating from it's waxing form. On top of a hill sat a skydancer. This was one of the few places she could see the sky without the twisting, gnarled branches of the thick forest lacing the sky. She was so enraptured in the cosmic sight that she did not hear the old snapper approach. "I thought I might find you here." The elder commented, disdain tainting her tone. "Sorry." Eclipse lowered her head, trying to at least appear ashamed. She had been taught to treat her elders with respect, a habit that was now so ingrained within her that to outwardly defy them seemed impossible. "I know what you're thinking." The snapper continued, her dark eyes flashing a warning. Eclipse didn't answer, so the elder continued. "You know that such a ritual goes against the very laws of our clan. The moon is a being of light, we must not be tainted. Come with me, let's leave this cursed place." Eclipse felt her feet move before she willed them. In silence, she followed the snapper through the wood, their path growing darker until it was lit only by the soft blue glow of the surrounding fungus. "I know, you young dragons are always prone to wander." The snapper commented. "You really must take on more responsibility in the clan, take your mind off of such frivolous things." "Of course." Eclipse nodded. "Trickmurk Circus is fast approaching, I am certain you can find some way to get involved, put that training of yours to good use." Eclipse nodded, adjusting the sword bound to her waist. Try as she might, she could only think back to the moon. It seemed to be calling out to her. She knew it would make her stronger if she only were to listen... Eclipse stopped just short of walking into her elder. She had not realized the snapper had stopped. She wore a dark expression, staring at the young skydancer as if she could see right through her. "If you go through with this, you realize there will be consequences." The snapper told her. "I know what you're planning on the night of the eclipse and I am warning you that should you defile yourself in such a way, we will have no choice but to put you to death." Eclipse didn't know what to say, but she found she could not meet the snapper's gaze. After what seemed like an eternity, the snapper turned and began to walk again. Relieved, Eclipse followed. The rest of the walk back to the clan seemed to stretch on forever, and awkward silence hanging over the two dragons. As they crept into the very depths of the shadows and into their lair, the snapper's quiet voice filled Eclipse's ears once more. "Consider yourself warned." ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/52#post_37826518]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- Here's a little snapshot at another part of this arc! I'm really excited to get this ball rolling!

Chapter 93: Eclipse

36377357_350.png

The moon rose high above the tangled wood, its cold light emanating from it's waxing form. On top of a hill sat a skydancer. This was one of the few places she could see the sky without the twisting, gnarled branches of the thick forest lacing the sky.

She was so enraptured in the cosmic sight that she did not hear the old snapper approach.

"I thought I might find you here." The elder commented, disdain tainting her tone.

"Sorry." Eclipse lowered her head, trying to at least appear ashamed. She had been taught to treat her elders with respect, a habit that was now so ingrained within her that to outwardly defy them seemed impossible.

"I know what you're thinking." The snapper continued, her dark eyes flashing a warning. Eclipse didn't answer, so the elder continued. "You know that such a ritual goes against the very laws of our clan. The moon is a being of light, we must not be tainted. Come with me, let's leave this cursed place."

Eclipse felt her feet move before she willed them. In silence, she followed the snapper through the wood, their path growing darker until it was lit only by the soft blue glow of the surrounding fungus.

"I know, you young dragons are always prone to wander." The snapper commented. "You really must take on more responsibility in the clan, take your mind off of such frivolous things."

"Of course." Eclipse nodded.

"Trickmurk Circus is fast approaching, I am certain you can find some way to get involved, put that training of yours to good use."

Eclipse nodded, adjusting the sword bound to her waist. Try as she might, she could only think back to the moon. It seemed to be calling out to her. She knew it would make her stronger if she only were to listen...

Eclipse stopped just short of walking into her elder. She had not realized the snapper had stopped. She wore a dark expression, staring at the young skydancer as if she could see right through her.

"If you go through with this, you realize there will be consequences." The snapper told her. "I know what you're planning on the night of the eclipse and I am warning you that should you defile yourself in such a way, we will have no choice but to put you to death."

Eclipse didn't know what to say, but she found she could not meet the snapper's gaze. After what seemed like an eternity, the snapper turned and began to walk again. Relieved, Eclipse followed. The rest of the walk back to the clan seemed to stretch on forever, and awkward silence hanging over the two dragons. As they crept into the very depths of the shadows and into their lair, the snapper's quiet voice filled Eclipse's ears once more.

"Consider yourself warned."

Here's a little snapshot at another part of this arc! I'm really excited to get this ball rolling!
Ooh... I like Eclipse!
Ooh... I like Eclipse!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@Petall Eclipse looks so cool and her moodboard makes her seem so ominous, so it was interesting to see how here, she's actually very diffident. Also, the Snapper lady's cryptic announcements have me !HYPED! for action! [emoji=guardian star]
@Petall Eclipse looks so cool and her moodboard makes her seem so ominous, so it was interesting to see how here, she's actually very diffident. Also, the Snapper lady's cryptic announcements have me !HYPED! for action!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@rainhee Thank you!!! [emoji=new friend] @Disillusionist I had a lot of fun with that moodboard! [emoji=coatl laughing] It will all make sense with time. I am so so excited for the plot of this arc, I'm glad you're hyped too!!!
@rainhee

Thank you!!!

@Disillusionist

I had a lot of fun with that moodboard! It will all make sense with time. I am so so excited for the plot of this arc, I'm glad you're hyped too!!!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/52#post_37765398]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 94: Flotsam[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27871527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278716/27871527_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38553575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385536/38553575_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Alright, let's check the damage." Nymph sighed as she gulped down the last of the bacon she had been eating for breakfast. Across the wooden table, Colm was finishing off his ladybug salad. The storm had finally passed, and the port was sure to be a mess with wreckage from the previous night. "I need that port clear by this afternoon, we have our shipment of seafood coming in." Colm agreed. The couple braced themselves against the chilled air and stepped outside of their seaside hut, wincing at the broken deck boards and overturned ships. The water was littered with a number of broken objects, clearly blown in with the strong gusts that had battered the clan. "Well, I guess there's no time to start like the present. If our coatls want to eat, we need that shipment." Nymph commented. "And goodness knows there's a lot of them. I'll get the other warriors to come and help." Just as she turned to go, her husband called out. "Wait!" "What is it?" Nymph asked, fluttering down her Colm's side. he was bent over the dock, staring down at some green shape in the water. At first, Nymph couldn't make it out, then she realized that the leathery substance was the wings of a hatchling bobbing in the water, nose only just resting above the surface. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49062279] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=100&bodygene=17&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=31&tertgene=7&winggene=8&wings=100&auth=1bdc8a6619f46dfe96837c14a95dcf9c62dd6bfa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Oh deities Colm, what are you doing?" Nymph growled and fished the hatchling out of the water. She immediately rested him down on the dock and checked for signs of life. "Is he breathing?" Colm asked, leaning over and staring down at the child through his glasses. "Barely." Nymph confirmed. "He needs medical attention quick." She scooped the hatchling up in her arms and running to catch the air under her wings. "What about my dock? The seafood is still coming!" Colm shouted after her. "The seafood can wait!" Nymph shouted behind her. "I'd rather the coatls have to live off something else than see this child die!" Colm watched her go. He knew she was right, but he was still not pleased to be left with such a mess to deal with on his own. With a tired sigh and a drooping tail, he began to do what he could for his precious port. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38822064] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38822064&skin=0&apparel=24227,24221&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "And you say he blew in during the storm?" Zolean asked Nymph as he examined the unconscious hatchling. "Yes." Nymph agreed, still out of breath from her flight to the medical floor. "We found him in the water." "You did the right thing bringing him here. He should be fine with some rest and healing spells, though he almost certainly has hypothermia." Zolean explained. "If you want to go carry on with your work, I can take it from here." "You'll let me know once he's better?" Nymph asked. "Of course." Zolean smiled softly. "Are you and Colm taking him in?" Nymph immediately wanted to agree, but she knew such a decision was not one she could make on her own. She and Colm had raised hatchlings before of course, but that was with warning and preparation, and Colm did not do well with immediate changes to their lifestyle. "I understand." Zolean responded, correctly interpreting her silence. "I still want to know how he does." Nymph urged. "And I can let Fenn know about the arrival. She'll know what to do." "Thank you. This little one is very lucky you found him." Zolean smiled, giving Nymph a nod. With that, she took off. She had a busy day ahead of her. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25550650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255507/25550650_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Fenn had rushed to the medical ward as soon as she heard the news. A hatchling was here, in need of care. Prairie would have to be contacted of course, the hatchling caretaker always took in young hatchlings while they were waiting to settle in with one of the couple in the clan. But that could wait, Fenn needed to see the child with her own eyes. She had sensed something different about the storm, and she was sure this unconventional arrival was not a coincidence. "Zolean, how is he?" Fenn asked as she entered the ward and perched on the healer's shoulder. "Fenn, you came just in time. He's just opened his eyes." Fenn looked down at the small fae and into his deep violet eyes. He blinked up at her, tilting his head in confusion. He still seemed very sleepy and he was obviously disoriented. She didn't blame him, the poor thing. "Hello little one, do you have a name?" She asked. "Name?" The hatchling asked. "Yes, what did your parents call you?" Fenn asked softly. The hatchling just stared blankly at her. "Parents?" "It's very possible he's suffering memory loss." Zolean explained softly. "It would be best not to push him too hard. He's very young to have gone through all this, and goodness knows how he made the journey." "Do you think it's possible his parents are nearby?" Fenn whispered, not wanting to startle the young dragon. "It's hard to say. Surely he would not have gotten this far without them, but then again, why is he here all alone?" Zolean agreed. "We shall have to put out a notice. If his parents are looking for him, they must be worried sick. It's been a long time since Elric and I have had children, but I know we would be if we lost any of ours in such a way." Fenn pointed out. "I want to see it that he gets home safely, if we can." "Of course." Zolean agreed. "Where do you want him to stay in the meantime? Do you want me to contact Prairie?" Fenn shook her head. "No, Elric and I will take him." "Are you sure?" Zolean asked, clearly taken aback. "It's been a long time since I felt anything from the Windsinger, but I honestly feel there is a reason this child has ended up here in this place at this time and I need to be sure he is safe." Fenn insisted. Zolean nodded. "Of course." "And if you don't mind, I'll stay here with him until he's fit to move." Fenn said. "He shouldn't be alone." And with that, she moved to comfort the hatchling, wrapping her body around his tiny form and softly singing a lullaby to him. Zolean watched his queen perform this tender action with a small smile. This hatchling would be in safe hands. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/53#post_37954233]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- Here we go! Back to the little hatchling! It was fun to be able to show some of the way Windkeep Tower runs through this update. This arc is going to allow me to show some more of what home life is like in Windkeep Tower, which is something I'm really looking forward to!

Chapter 94: Flotsam

27871527_350.png

38553575_350.png

"Alright, let's check the damage." Nymph sighed as she gulped down the last of the bacon she had been eating for breakfast. Across the wooden table, Colm was finishing off his ladybug salad. The storm had finally passed, and the port was sure to be a mess with wreckage from the previous night.

"I need that port clear by this afternoon, we have our shipment of seafood coming in." Colm agreed.

The couple braced themselves against the chilled air and stepped outside of their seaside hut, wincing at the broken deck boards and overturned ships. The water was littered with a number of broken objects, clearly blown in with the strong gusts that had battered the clan.

"Well, I guess there's no time to start like the present. If our coatls want to eat, we need that shipment." Nymph commented. "And goodness knows there's a lot of them. I'll get the other warriors to come and help."

Just as she turned to go, her husband called out. "Wait!"

"What is it?" Nymph asked, fluttering down her Colm's side. he was bent over the dock, staring down at some green shape in the water. At first, Nymph couldn't make it out, then she realized that the leathery substance was the wings of a hatchling bobbing in the water, nose only just resting above the surface.

"Oh deities Colm, what are you doing?" Nymph growled and fished the hatchling out of the water. She immediately rested him down on the dock and checked for signs of life.

"Is he breathing?" Colm asked, leaning over and staring down at the child through his glasses.

"Barely." Nymph confirmed. "He needs medical attention quick." She scooped the hatchling up in her arms and running to catch the air under her wings.

"What about my dock? The seafood is still coming!" Colm shouted after her.

"The seafood can wait!" Nymph shouted behind her. "I'd rather the coatls have to live off something else than see this child die!"

Colm watched her go. He knew she was right, but he was still not pleased to be left with such a mess to deal with on his own. With a tired sigh and a drooping tail, he began to do what he could for his precious port.

"And you say he blew in during the storm?" Zolean asked Nymph as he examined the unconscious hatchling.

"Yes." Nymph agreed, still out of breath from her flight to the medical floor. "We found him in the water."

"You did the right thing bringing him here. He should be fine with some rest and healing spells, though he almost certainly has hypothermia." Zolean explained. "If you want to go carry on with your work, I can take it from here."

"You'll let me know once he's better?" Nymph asked.

"Of course." Zolean smiled softly. "Are you and Colm taking him in?"

Nymph immediately wanted to agree, but she knew such a decision was not one she could make on her own. She and Colm had raised hatchlings before of course, but that was with warning and preparation, and Colm did not do well with immediate changes to their lifestyle.

"I understand." Zolean responded, correctly interpreting her silence.

"I still want to know how he does." Nymph urged. "And I can let Fenn know about the arrival. She'll know what to do."

"Thank you. This little one is very lucky you found him." Zolean smiled, giving Nymph a nod. With that, she took off. She had a busy day ahead of her.

Fenn had rushed to the medical ward as soon as she heard the news. A hatchling was here, in need of care. Prairie would have to be contacted of course, the hatchling caretaker always took in young hatchlings while they were waiting to settle in with one of the couple in the clan. But that could wait, Fenn needed to see the child with her own eyes. She had sensed something different about the storm, and she was sure this unconventional arrival was not a coincidence.

"Zolean, how is he?" Fenn asked as she entered the ward and perched on the healer's shoulder.

"Fenn, you came just in time. He's just opened his eyes."

Fenn looked down at the small fae and into his deep violet eyes. He blinked up at her, tilting his head in confusion. He still seemed very sleepy and he was obviously disoriented. She didn't blame him, the poor thing.

"Hello little one, do you have a name?" She asked.

"Name?" The hatchling asked.

"Yes, what did your parents call you?" Fenn asked softly.

The hatchling just stared blankly at her. "Parents?"

"It's very possible he's suffering memory loss." Zolean explained softly. "It would be best not to push him too hard. He's very young to have gone through all this, and goodness knows how he made the journey."

"Do you think it's possible his parents are nearby?" Fenn whispered, not wanting to startle the young dragon.

"It's hard to say. Surely he would not have gotten this far without them, but then again, why is he here all alone?" Zolean agreed.

"We shall have to put out a notice. If his parents are looking for him, they must be worried sick. It's been a long time since Elric and I have had children, but I know we would be if we lost any of ours in such a way." Fenn pointed out. "I want to see it that he gets home safely, if we can."

"Of course." Zolean agreed. "Where do you want him to stay in the meantime? Do you want me to contact Prairie?"

Fenn shook her head. "No, Elric and I will take him."

"Are you sure?" Zolean asked, clearly taken aback.

"It's been a long time since I felt anything from the Windsinger, but I honestly feel there is a reason this child has ended up here in this place at this time and I need to be sure he is safe." Fenn insisted.

Zolean nodded. "Of course."

"And if you don't mind, I'll stay here with him until he's fit to move." Fenn said. "He shouldn't be alone." And with that, she moved to comfort the hatchling, wrapping her body around his tiny form and softly singing a lullaby to him. Zolean watched his queen perform this tender action with a small smile. This hatchling would be in safe hands.

Here we go! Back to the little hatchling! It was fun to be able to show some of the way Windkeep Tower runs through this update. This arc is going to allow me to show some more of what home life is like in Windkeep Tower, which is something I'm really looking forward to!
@Petall It was great to see Kipling again! I'm glad he found a loving home, although~ *wiggles fingers* [i]The mystery deepens![/i] Something tells me we're in for a lot of fireworks with this young one around. [emoji=firework]
@Petall It was great to see Kipling again! I'm glad he found a loving home, although~ *wiggles fingers* The mystery deepens! Something tells me we're in for a lot of fireworks with this young one around.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Kipling is safe and sound! But hehe you'll have to wait and see!
@Disillusionist

Kipling is safe and sound! But hehe you'll have to wait and see!
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78 79