Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 78 79
@Disillusionist

Haha yeah, Magiere is used to always being in a situation where she gets her way, and even after all her training with Lin, she's still not used too it. So it's time to face up to the consequences that Lin was always warning about. Without Legba, she's going to have a difficult time getting her way so easily again.

The holidays have been fantastic! I hope the holidays went well for you too!
@Disillusionist

Haha yeah, Magiere is used to always being in a situation where she gets her way, and even after all her training with Lin, she's still not used too it. So it's time to face up to the consequences that Lin was always warning about. Without Legba, she's going to have a difficult time getting her way so easily again.

The holidays have been fantastic! I hope the holidays went well for you too!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Interesting! I like where this is going, and I wonder where she'll head next....
Interesting! I like where this is going, and I wonder where she'll head next....
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I can't wait to show you where this is going next...
@rainphee

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I can't wait to show you where this is going next...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/47#post_37086526]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 86: Are You Ready For It?[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332013/33201295_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Banella stood on the edge of the Oasis. This is where the innkeeper had told her to come, to find Kahli, the last link to the clan Banella had been born in. It was she who had fled the Clan of Resting Wings and build Novus Lux out of the ashes, a fresh start. A new beginning. Banella could use one of those, and maybe this is where she would find it. There was just one issue. In order to enter the Oasis, Banella had to be invited. To be invited, she had to get on the good side of someone who worked in the Oasis, and the dragons here didn’t seem to like her all that much. Well, maybe it wasn’t that they didn’t like her, but they certainly weren’t welcoming her with open arms either. So much for expecting a prodigal daughter return. Banella stared into the Oasis, trying to figure out what her next move would be when she heard a voice. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47551945] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475520/47551945_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Do you want to come in?” A coatl asked. “You look a little lost.” “Thank you.” Banella said with a grin. For once someone was paying attention to her. “Do you know where I might find Kahli?” After being pointed in the direction, Banella set off. Maybe this wouldn’t be so hard after all. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41895748] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418958/41895748_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “So, you’re Banella?” There was a certain light behind Kahli’s eyes as Banella took her seat. What it curiosity? Finally somebody was getting their priorities straight. “I am.” Banella said, raising her head high, only to be blindsided by Kahli’s next question. “So tell me, who are you again?” Banella prepared an enraged response but held her tongue. Such a young dragon could not be blamed for not knowing her history. “I am from your family line, I believe my sister is your ancestor. I herald from The Clan of Resting Wings, though I have not called that place home for many years.” The moment the name of her old clan slipped out, Kahli perked up. “You’re from the Clan of Resting Wings?” “It’s where I hatched, yes.” “Who is your sister?” Kahli asked. “My sister was Basil, who stole-“ “You’re Basil’s sister?” Kahli’s eyes widened. “Banella, you could be exactly what this clan needs-“ Banella felt pride well up within her, until Kahli finished her sentence. “-to find out more about our history. All of our records were destroyed with the clan, and I was barely there long enough to learn anything. What was it like to grow up in the Clan of Resting Wings?” “What? I-“ Banella shook her head. “You don’t know anything about the Clan of Resting Wings?” “I know bits and pieces.” Kahli admitted, her gaze growing sharper at the accusations. “But with you we could learn far more about our roots and where we came from as a clan.” “Do you know anything about Basil?” Banella asked sharply, irritated that this visit was turning out to be a waste of her time. “I met her, but never got the chance to really get to know her. I was hoping you could help me with that.” Kahli admitted. “I’ve never been so insulted in my life!” Banella growled. All this time, and it was still all about her sister. Leo was right. She hadn’t done anything useful. She was lost to time, a dusty relic of the past that Kahli wanted to dissect and study. She wasn’t having any of this. She was done being second best, even in her sister’s death. Without another word, Banella stormed out, leaving behind a very confused Kahli. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43567595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/435676/43567595_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “You alright there? You’re really downing those things.” Kalo the tavernkeeper commented as Banella slid her glass over for a refill. “I don’t know what I expected, coming here.” Banella said bitterly. “It’s always been about my sister. Look at this. My sister has never even set foot in this place but her descendants built it. She never wanted a legacy and yet here she is. Revered. I’m nothing more than her younger sister who has too much of a temper and is not good enough for anything but being second best to her.” “Well, they were right about the temper.” Kalo commented, taking a step back as Banella spit on the counter. Banella glared at him, but didn’t respond. “I should never have come.” “If you don’t mind me asking, what were you hoping to get out of this? I mean, your sister is dead. Her clan is gone. This is a new place, most of us know nothing about your old clan, except for the fact Kahli fled from it.” Kalo asked. “Why here?” “I don’t know.” Banella thought bitterly. “I guess I just wanted to see what I missed out on, running away. I haven’t done much with my life, nothing worth anything anyways. I guess I wanted to see if it was worth it.” Kalo nodded sagely, but said nothing as he refilled her glass again. “What I wouldn’t give to talk to Basil one last time.” Banella muttered through clenched teeth. “You know, I might be able to help you there.” Kalo said suddenly. “How do you feel about necromancy?” ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/49#post_37380797]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- Banella's chapter ended up being so long I figured it best to split it into two updates. I'll give you all the second tomorrow! It's kind of funny because I left this half-fiinished on Saturday when I had to run off to a family dinner, and I didn't come back to it until last night when I was shutting down everything and I saw the word document still open from the weekend and I though "I'll just add a few sentences." 1 hour later and I have written over 1000 words and had finished that chapter. So much for going to bed at a decent hour lol. I hope you enjoy, and I can't wait to show you the next chapter...

Chapter 86: Are You Ready For It?

33201295_350.png

Banella stood on the edge of the Oasis. This is where the innkeeper had told her to come, to find Kahli, the last link to the clan Banella had been born in. It was she who had fled the Clan of Resting Wings and build Novus Lux out of the ashes, a fresh start. A new beginning. Banella could use one of those, and maybe this is where she would find it.

There was just one issue. In order to enter the Oasis, Banella had to be invited. To be invited, she had to get on the good side of someone who worked in the Oasis, and the dragons here didn’t seem to like her all that much. Well, maybe it wasn’t that they didn’t like her, but they certainly weren’t welcoming her with open arms either.

So much for expecting a prodigal daughter return.

Banella stared into the Oasis, trying to figure out what her next move would be when she heard a voice.

“Do you want to come in?” A coatl asked. “You look a little lost.”

“Thank you.” Banella said with a grin. For once someone was paying attention to her. “Do you know where I might find Kahli?”

After being pointed in the direction, Banella set off. Maybe this wouldn’t be so hard after all.

“So, you’re Banella?” There was a certain light behind Kahli’s eyes as Banella took her seat. What it curiosity? Finally somebody was getting their priorities straight.

“I am.” Banella said, raising her head high, only to be blindsided by Kahli’s next question.

“So tell me, who are you again?”

Banella prepared an enraged response but held her tongue. Such a young dragon could not be blamed for not knowing her history.

“I am from your family line, I believe my sister is your ancestor. I herald from The Clan of Resting Wings, though I have not called that place home for many years.”

The moment the name of her old clan slipped out, Kahli perked up. “You’re from the Clan of Resting Wings?”

“It’s where I hatched, yes.”

“Who is your sister?” Kahli asked.

“My sister was Basil, who stole-“

“You’re Basil’s sister?” Kahli’s eyes widened. “Banella, you could be exactly what this clan needs-“ Banella felt pride well up within her, until Kahli finished her sentence. “-to find out more about our history. All of our records were destroyed with the clan, and I was barely there long enough to learn anything. What was it like to grow up in the Clan of Resting Wings?”

“What? I-“ Banella shook her head. “You don’t know anything about the Clan of Resting Wings?”

“I know bits and pieces.” Kahli admitted, her gaze growing sharper at the accusations. “But with you we could learn far more about our roots and where we came from as a clan.”

“Do you know anything about Basil?” Banella asked sharply, irritated that this visit was turning out to be a waste of her time.

“I met her, but never got the chance to really get to know her. I was hoping you could help me with that.” Kahli admitted.

“I’ve never been so insulted in my life!” Banella growled. All this time, and it was still all about her sister. Leo was right. She hadn’t done anything useful. She was lost to time, a dusty relic of the past that Kahli wanted to dissect and study. She wasn’t having any of this. She was done being second best, even in her sister’s death.

Without another word, Banella stormed out, leaving behind a very confused Kahli.

“You alright there? You’re really downing those things.” Kalo the tavernkeeper commented as Banella slid her glass over for a refill.

“I don’t know what I expected, coming here.” Banella said bitterly. “It’s always been about my sister. Look at this. My sister has never even set foot in this place but her descendants built it. She never wanted a legacy and yet here she is. Revered. I’m nothing more than her younger sister who has too much of a temper and is not good enough for anything but being second best to her.”

“Well, they were right about the temper.” Kalo commented, taking a step back as Banella spit on the counter. Banella glared at him, but didn’t respond.

“I should never have come.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, what were you hoping to get out of this? I mean, your sister is dead. Her clan is gone. This is a new place, most of us know nothing about your old clan, except for the fact Kahli fled from it.” Kalo asked. “Why here?”

“I don’t know.” Banella thought bitterly. “I guess I just wanted to see what I missed out on, running away. I haven’t done much with my life, nothing worth anything anyways. I guess I wanted to see if it was worth it.”

Kalo nodded sagely, but said nothing as he refilled her glass again.

“What I wouldn’t give to talk to Basil one last time.” Banella muttered through clenched teeth.

“You know, I might be able to help you there.” Kalo said suddenly. “How do you feel about necromancy?”

Banella's chapter ended up being so long I figured it best to split it into two updates. I'll give you all the second tomorrow!

It's kind of funny because I left this half-fiinished on Saturday when I had to run off to a family dinner, and I didn't come back to it until last night when I was shutting down everything and I saw the word document still open from the weekend and I though "I'll just add a few sentences." 1 hour later and I have written over 1000 words and had finished that chapter. So much for going to bed at a decent hour lol. I hope you enjoy, and I can't wait to show you the next chapter...
@Petall Ooh, excellent! I was wondering when you'd update again. :D Dang, Banella has buckets and buckets of unresolved issues, wow. Going to all that trouble "just to see what I missed out on" is really...something.

Also NECROMANCY HECK YEEEEEAAAAAHH. That's usually fun. Can't wait to see how it goes!
@Petall Ooh, excellent! I was wondering when you'd update again. :D Dang, Banella has buckets and buckets of unresolved issues, wow. Going to all that trouble "just to see what I missed out on" is really...something.

Also NECROMANCY HECK YEEEEEAAAAAHH. That's usually fun. Can't wait to see how it goes!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

School has got me pretty busy, but I have plans that I want to see fulfilled before June so hopefully I can get myself to update a little more regularly, between assignments and papers!

Usually, Banella's methods of dealing with her stuff is bottling it up and writing a few dramatic plays so she's got a lot she hasn't faced yet.

:D I'm glad you're excited! I'm excited too!
@Disillusionist

School has got me pretty busy, but I have plans that I want to see fulfilled before June so hopefully I can get myself to update a little more regularly, between assignments and papers!

Usually, Banella's methods of dealing with her stuff is bottling it up and writing a few dramatic plays so she's got a lot she hasn't faced yet.

:D I'm glad you're excited! I'm excited too!
NECROMANCY???? WHAT A U-TURN.

Rara Avis has a necromancer... I bet he'd be pretty curious about these affairs, haha. I'm excited to see them too!
NECROMANCY???? WHAT A U-TURN.

Rara Avis has a necromancer... I bet he'd be pretty curious about these affairs, haha. I'm excited to see them too!
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@rainphee

Surprise! Banella can talk to her sister again! :D

Ooooo who's your necromancer? I'd love to have a look at him!
@rainphee

Surprise! Banella can talk to her sister again! :D

Ooooo who's your necromancer? I'd love to have a look at him!
This creepy dude!

She probably shouldn't talk to her sister though... Doesn't sound like a good plan.
This creepy dude!

She probably shouldn't talk to her sister though... Doesn't sound like a good plan.
@rainphee

Ooooo I like him!
@rainphee

Ooooo I like him!
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 78 79