Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 78 79
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/42#post_35929551]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 74: Unbroken Loneliness[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45953399] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/459534/45953399_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45967262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/459673/45967262_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Riot of Rot came and went, and Tosha was adjusting to life in the shadows of the theatre. Thornspine was still the only one who knew of her existence, and was confident it would remain that way. "My parents are way too self-obsessed to even pay me notice, let alone someone they think is just another stage hand." Thornspine explained. "Even if they do see you, they won't take any extra notice. They have too much else to do. And Banella rarely comes to the theatre unless it's to see a performance or check on her actors, and she hardly ever pokes around. She trusts me to run everything behind the scenes." "What about Rose?" Tosha asked, having seen the elegant pink skydancer lounging around the theatre, talking in strange aspects. Thorn snorted. "He's even more self-absorbed than my parents! If he sees you, he'll strike up a conversation as some character of his. I honestly have no idea what he's like when he's completely himself but he won't give you any trouble. Most of the dragons here don't care what goes on here, as long as the show goes on and I do my job. I swear, Banella doesn't let in anyone with an ounce of proper ambition, it's like she's scared someday someone will surpass her." With time, Tosha grew more accustomed to life at the theatre. She still kept out of the way, but she found ways to observe the going-ons at the theatre between helping Thorn with his tasks. Every night after everything shut down would return to the hidden nook Thornspine had furnished for her to practice what she had learned. Thorn, having been raised to dance by his parents before he let them know he wasn't interested, gave her tips. Tosha had never had a close friend before, and was glad to have found one in Thorn. It made the loneliness of living in a forgotten corner of a grim theatre far easier to bear. This would only be temporary, she reminded herself. As soon as she was good enough, she could live a life out in the open, and everyone would know her name. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332013/33201295_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Banella was sulking again. She wouldn't call it sulking, she never did, but even she was beginning to grow tired of the repetition of her empty days. It was always the same. Sulk, brood, maybe go check in on the theatre if she could get out of her head, wallow and repeat. The theatre had always been a temporary fix, something to occupy her while she raised the money and power to overthrow her sister and reclaim the throne that was rightfully hers. She was enjoyed the theatre, but even that wasn't enough for her anymore. She needed something more, and for the first time in years she was beginning to see that. But what did she need? What did she want? She wanted her sister back, but that wasn't possible. Well, maybe it wasn't impossible but there was no way she was crawling to Kaladin for help, not after he had forsaken his work as her partner to start that circus of his. The circus that was getting far more attention than her theatre was, not that she was jealous or anything. It was a fad that was sure to fan out once the novelty had worn off. Her thoughts were interrupted by the ring of the mail bell. One of the couriers must have just dropped something off. Probably some junk mail. She supposed this was as good a thing as any to break her brooding. She moved to the mail slot. To her surprise, on her doormat lay not a colourful pamphlet advertising some other theatre company that wanted to steal her thunder, but instead a crumpled envelope with her name scrawled across it. Had the chipper fool of a courier read her mail? No, picking it up revealed the wax seal was still intact. She immediately recognized the seal and a jolt ran through her. It couldn't be- Hadn't he-? She gingerly cracked the seal, as if scared it would bite off her fingers, and pulled out the crumpled parchment note. [quote][center]Hey Princess, Guess what? I survived. Maybe I'll see you soon. Leo[/center][/quote] Banella dropped the note as if it has burned her. His last words mirrored his final words in his previous letter, about the fall of her sister. Since she hadn't heard from him since, she had assumed he died when the clan fell, but it looked like he had slithered away like he always did. But why contact her now, after all this time? What could be possibly want? Banella tried to suppress the hope that began to flutter like a caged bird within her chest, to no avail. She felt like she had in her younger years, when she had first met the sly wildclaw. Maybe she wasn't alone after all, maybe she was not doomed to a fate of unbroken loneliness and despair. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/43#post_36386020]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- So on a whim today I wrote this chapter as I was on the bus to and from school. You have no idea how good it feels to write something that's not an academic paper, those have been the bane of my existence this past week or so. Now that I've discovered a new writing app, maybe I'll use more of my bus time to write lore and I'll be able to update more often.

Chapter 74: Unbroken Loneliness

45953399_350.png

45967262_350.png

The Riot of Rot came and went, and Tosha was adjusting to life in the shadows of the theatre. Thornspine was still the only one who knew of her existence, and was confident it would remain that way.

"My parents are way too self-obsessed to even pay me notice, let alone someone they think is just another stage hand." Thornspine explained. "Even if they do see you, they won't take any extra notice. They have too much else to do. And Banella rarely comes to the theatre unless it's to see a performance or check on her actors, and she hardly ever pokes around. She trusts me to run everything behind the scenes."

"What about Rose?" Tosha asked, having seen the elegant pink skydancer lounging around the theatre, talking in strange aspects.

Thorn snorted. "He's even more self-absorbed than my parents! If he sees you, he'll strike up a conversation as some character of his. I honestly have no idea what he's like when he's completely himself but he won't give you any trouble. Most of the dragons here don't care what goes on here, as long as the show goes on and I do my job. I swear, Banella doesn't let in anyone with an ounce of proper ambition, it's like she's scared someday someone will surpass her."

With time, Tosha grew more accustomed to life at the theatre. She still kept out of the way, but she found ways to observe the going-ons at the theatre between helping Thorn with his tasks. Every night after everything shut down would return to the hidden nook Thornspine had furnished for her to practice what she had learned. Thorn, having been raised to dance by his parents before he let them know he wasn't interested, gave her tips.

Tosha had never had a close friend before, and was glad to have found one in Thorn. It made the loneliness of living in a forgotten corner of a grim theatre far easier to bear. This would only be temporary, she reminded herself. As soon as she was good enough, she could live a life out in the open, and everyone would know her name.

Banella was sulking again. She wouldn't call it sulking, she never did, but even she was beginning to grow tired of the repetition of her empty days. It was always the same. Sulk, brood, maybe go check in on the theatre if she could get out of her head, wallow and repeat. The theatre had always been a temporary fix, something to occupy her while she raised the money and power to overthrow her sister and reclaim the throne that was rightfully hers.

She was enjoyed the theatre, but even that wasn't enough for her anymore. She needed something more, and for the first time in years she was beginning to see that. But what did she need? What did she want?

She wanted her sister back, but that wasn't possible.

Well, maybe it wasn't impossible but there was no way she was crawling to Kaladin for help, not after he had forsaken his work as her partner to start that circus of his. The circus that was getting far more attention than her theatre was, not that she was jealous or anything. It was a fad that was sure to fan out once the novelty had worn off.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the ring of the mail bell. One of the couriers must have just dropped something off. Probably some junk mail. She supposed this was as good a thing as any to break her brooding. She moved to the mail slot.

To her surprise, on her doormat lay not a colourful pamphlet advertising some other theatre company that wanted to steal her thunder, but instead a crumpled envelope with her name scrawled across it. Had the chipper fool of a courier read her mail? No, picking it up revealed the wax seal was still intact.

She immediately recognized the seal and a jolt ran through her. It couldn't be- Hadn't he-? She gingerly cracked the seal, as if scared it would bite off her fingers, and pulled out the crumpled parchment note.
Quote:
Hey Princess,
Guess what? I survived.
Maybe I'll see you soon.
Leo

Banella dropped the note as if it has burned her. His last words mirrored his final words in his previous letter, about the fall of her sister. Since she hadn't heard from him since, she had assumed he died when the clan fell, but it looked like he had slithered away like he always did.

But why contact her now, after all this time? What could be possibly want?

Banella tried to suppress the hope that began to flutter like a caged bird within her chest, to no avail. She felt like she had in her younger years, when she had first met the sly wildclaw. Maybe she wasn't alone after all, maybe she was not doomed to a fate of unbroken loneliness and despair.

So on a whim today I wrote this chapter as I was on the bus to and from school. You have no idea how good it feels to write something that's not an academic paper, those have been the bane of my existence this past week or so.

Now that I've discovered a new writing app, maybe I'll use more of my bus time to write lore and I'll be able to update more often.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
yAAAAASSSSS
YAAAAAAAAAASSSS
I MISSED YOUUUUUU
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS
yAAAAASSSSS
YAAAAAAAAAASSSS
I MISSED YOUUUUUU
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@Petall I dug into Thornspine's lineage and was pleasantly surprised to see that he's Rhowen's and Ruby's grandson. Family chronicles are always awesome. Plus it's interesting to see the theater through his and Tosha's eyes.

And that note from Leo! Dang, it's been ages. The plot thickens! :o
@Petall I dug into Thornspine's lineage and was pleasantly surprised to see that he's Rhowen's and Ruby's grandson. Family chronicles are always awesome. Plus it's interesting to see the theater through his and Tosha's eyes.

And that note from Leo! Dang, it's been ages. The plot thickens! :o
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@RiaFire11

AAAA I'm so glad you're enjoying it! It's good to be back!

@Disillusionist

:D I try to keep the Amberlyn line involved wherever I can, they are an important bunch to me!

Heeheehee ;)
@RiaFire11

AAAA I'm so glad you're enjoying it! It's good to be back!

@Disillusionist

:D I try to keep the Amberlyn line involved wherever I can, they are an important bunch to me!

Heeheehee ;)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Yeah! We're back! This sounds like the beginning of another great arc.
Yeah! We're back! This sounds like the beginning of another great arc.
SEwVSoU.png ______phee | she/they | +2 fr time | art shop | hatchery | clan directory______ 1cnGog5.png
@Petall LEO!! LEO!! LEO!! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD CHAPTER I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER AHHHHHHhhhhhhHHHhHHHHHHhhHHHhhhHHHHH
@Petall LEO!! LEO!! LEO!! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD CHAPTER I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER AHHHHHHhhhhhhHHHhHHHHHHhhHHHhhhHHHHH
@rainphee

Thank you! This is an arc I've been wanting to explore for a while!

@CleverDual

I AM SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!! I thought you'd like the ending heeheehee!! (Now it's my turn for the evil author laugh!)
@rainphee

Thank you! This is an arc I've been wanting to explore for a while!

@CleverDual

I AM SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!! I thought you'd like the ending heeheehee!! (Now it's my turn for the evil author laugh!)
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/43#post_36220851]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 75: An Interruption[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45953399] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/459534/45953399_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tosha closed her eyes as she danced her way across the stage. She could see it now, the lights, the music, the audience. She was the star of the show, the leading lady. With a sigh, a soft smile crept across her face. One day it would be hers. "Excuse me." Tosha spun around at the unfamiliar voice. It was far to early for any of the audience to have arrived, none of the cast had even arrived yet. She folded her wings, slightly embaressed at how caught up she had been in her fantasy, at stared up into the sparkling eyes of a sleek wildclaw with a crooked grin. "Can I help you? Auditions aren't being held until next month." Tosha warned tersely, wishing Thornspine could be here. He would know if this fellow was anyone in particular. "I'm not here to audition." He said with a shrug, taking a look around the empty theatre. "I was hoping to have a look around while it is empty." "We're not open to the public at this time." Tosha warned, adopting her most authoritative tone. There was something about this wildclaw that unnerved her, though it was not lost on her that she had little claim to the theatre herself. "I won't be long, don't worry your feathers." The wildclaw rolled his eyes. "And I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone I was here. I'm sure you'd like to keep that pretty face of yours." "Are you threatening me?" Tosha narrowed her eyes and flared her feather crest. To her annoyance, the stranger was not looking at her. "That depends kiddo." "On what?" "If you get in my way." And with that, the wildclaw slipped into the shadows. Not wishing to provoke him further, Tosha retreated to her haven in search of Thornspine. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/44#post_36539094]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @RiaFire11[/center] ----- I'm in the midst of writing the next string of chapters, so you can probably expect more updates in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy this shorter update! Also, to any of you lore-writers out there, CleverDual and I are running an advent event called 25 Days of Lore! There are prizes to be raffled off for each day written so if you are into lore and possibly winning stuff as a way to hype yourself up for the holiday season, you'll want to check it out! Link attached to the button below! [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2566260/1#post_2566260][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/fdb2/f/2018/295/f/8/button_by_cas_a_fras-dcq467b.png[/img][/url][/center]

Chapter 75: An Interruption

45953399_350.png

Tosha closed her eyes as she danced her way across the stage. She could see it now, the lights, the music, the audience. She was the star of the show, the leading lady. With a sigh, a soft smile crept across her face. One day it would be hers.

"Excuse me." Tosha spun around at the unfamiliar voice. It was far to early for any of the audience to have arrived, none of the cast had even arrived yet. She folded her wings, slightly embaressed at how caught up she had been in her fantasy, at stared up into the sparkling eyes of a sleek wildclaw with a crooked grin.

"Can I help you? Auditions aren't being held until next month." Tosha warned tersely, wishing Thornspine could be here. He would know if this fellow was anyone in particular.

"I'm not here to audition." He said with a shrug, taking a look around the empty theatre. "I was hoping to have a look around while it is empty."

"We're not open to the public at this time." Tosha warned, adopting her most authoritative tone. There was something about this wildclaw that unnerved her, though it was not lost on her that she had little claim to the theatre herself.

"I won't be long, don't worry your feathers." The wildclaw rolled his eyes. "And I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone I was here. I'm sure you'd like to keep that pretty face of yours."

"Are you threatening me?" Tosha narrowed her eyes and flared her feather crest. To her annoyance, the stranger was not looking at her.

"That depends kiddo."

"On what?"

"If you get in my way." And with that, the wildclaw slipped into the shadows. Not wishing to provoke him further, Tosha retreated to her haven in search of Thornspine.

I'm in the midst of writing the next string of chapters, so you can probably expect more updates in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy this shorter update!

Also, to any of you lore-writers out there, CleverDual and I are running an advent event called 25 Days of Lore! There are prizes to be raffled off for each day written so if you are into lore and possibly winning stuff as a way to hype yourself up for the holiday season, you'll want to check it out! Link attached to the button below!
button_by_cas_a_fras-dcq467b.png
@Petall AHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!! aND YOU PUT THE TeAM RIl BUTTON IN YouR sIGNAtURE aHHHHHHhhHHHHhHHHAHAHHHAHHHhhaaaaaa :D :D :D :D
@Petall AHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!! aND YOU PUT THE TeAM RIl BUTTON IN YouR sIGNAtURE aHHHHHHhhHHHHhHHHAHAHHHAHHHhhaaaaaa :D :D :D :D
@CleverDual

I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!

I'M TEAM RIL 100%! (Or maybe more like 66%, the other 33% is Scout. Or maybe it's 51% vs 49%.)
@CleverDual

I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!

I'M TEAM RIL 100%! (Or maybe more like 66%, the other 33% is Scout. Or maybe it's 51% vs 49%.)
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 78 79