Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78 79
@Petall *whistles* Looks like Quartz might find himself in the middle of some rather exciting circumstances very soon. That said, I really like the contrast between Thorburn and Daisy Mae. (Daisy's name, oh my gosh. Definitely not something I expected for someone with such an intimidating description. I love it. XD) Plus some preemptive pity for Thorburn. I get the feeling it's going to be a case of "Be careful what you wish for!" later on. x'D
@Petall *whistles* Looks like Quartz might find himself in the middle of some rather exciting circumstances very soon. That said, I really like the contrast between Thorburn and Daisy Mae. (Daisy's name, oh my gosh. Definitely not something I expected for someone with such an intimidating description. I love it. XD) Plus some preemptive pity for Thorburn. I get the feeling it's going to be a case of "Be careful what you wish for!" later on. x'D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
oooo sneaky bogboy. this is great as always!
oooo sneaky bogboy. this is great as always!

featured dragon
for sale

gen 1! ♥
42298218.png
4gPXCym.gif
always feel free to ping me
she/her
+ 2
tumblr
wishlist
@Disillusionist

I used to have a guardian named DaisyMae, which is basically where I got the inspiration for her name!

@lilastar

Thank you!!!
@Disillusionist

I used to have a guardian named DaisyMae, which is basically where I got the inspiration for her name!

@lilastar

Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/13#post_33318772]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 30: Missing Pages[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Querida regretted flying away from her parents. Not long after she had taken to the skies, a great emptiness filled her. Her family was not perfect, but they were all she had. Quin and Swedey may be gone, but she still had her parents, and they needed her. However, when she had returned to the mansion, her parents were gone, and the feather she had dropped was crumpled. She didn't even know if her parents had seen it. Now she was alone in the world. Her parents had been taken, her siblings were off doing who knows what, and all she had to her name was a book and a note inviting adventure. But Querida didn't want adventure anymore. She had been too caught up in the excitement of it all. She missed what she had, the familiar warmth of her family. Broken, but still family. She had made a camp on the cliffs of the Sunbeam Ruins, and she had built herself a small campfire, though it was more for the comfort of the warmth than the night. She had tried to get comfortable enough to sleep, but she was far too homesick. It was funny, she barely had a proper home, but there was clearly something she missed. She pulled a strip of jerky out of her bag and snacked on it. She had stolen her snack from a stall of a neighbouring town. She had no other choice. She had no money, no hunting skills. She could have sold the book, she supposed, but it was all she had left. She couldn't leave it now. Querida began absentmindedly flipping through the pages. She hadn't actually read what was in it, she had been too distracted by the note. The words within were written in the same pink ink as they note had been, in the same looping handwriting. It seemed to be some sort of journal, but the words moved around, as if the book was enchanted. That piqued her interest. She frantically flipped through, trying to see what the book held, but to her horror, she found out a few pages had been torn out. "No no no no no!" Querida shouted in frustration as she threw the book to her feet. Nothing in it seemed to make sense, and if there were pieces missing, how was she supposed to pull anything from it. The book lay splayed open, pages open towards the sky. She looked down at it again, and a portion grabbed her attention. [i][color=Hotpink]Do not give up hope. Even if everything seems dark, there is always another place to run, and if you play your cards right, I can give you everything. Find me, and I promise the cost will be worth it.[/i] It may be a wild-goose chase, but it was all she had. Querida picked up the book and held it close as she lulled herself to sleep. In the morning, she would try to make sense of this all. In the morning, she would try to find Quartz. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/14#post_33342266]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist[/center] ----- For once, I can't think of anything to say down here.

Chapter 30: Missing Pages

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

Querida regretted flying away from her parents. Not long after she had taken to the skies, a great emptiness filled her. Her family was not perfect, but they were all she had. Quin and Swedey may be gone, but she still had her parents, and they needed her. However, when she had returned to the mansion, her parents were gone, and the feather she had dropped was crumpled. She didn't even know if her parents had seen it.

Now she was alone in the world. Her parents had been taken, her siblings were off doing who knows what, and all she had to her name was a book and a note inviting adventure. But Querida didn't want adventure anymore. She had been too caught up in the excitement of it all. She missed what she had, the familiar warmth of her family. Broken, but still family.

She had made a camp on the cliffs of the Sunbeam Ruins, and she had built herself a small campfire, though it was more for the comfort of the warmth than the night. She had tried to get comfortable enough to sleep, but she was far too homesick. It was funny, she barely had a proper home, but there was clearly something she missed.

She pulled a strip of jerky out of her bag and snacked on it. She had stolen her snack from a stall of a neighbouring town. She had no other choice. She had no money, no hunting skills. She could have sold the book, she supposed, but it was all she had left. She couldn't leave it now.

Querida began absentmindedly flipping through the pages. She hadn't actually read what was in it, she had been too distracted by the note. The words within were written in the same pink ink as they note had been, in the same looping handwriting. It seemed to be some sort of journal, but the words moved around, as if the book was enchanted. That piqued her interest. She frantically flipped through, trying to see what the book held, but to her horror, she found out a few pages had been torn out.

"No no no no no!" Querida shouted in frustration as she threw the book to her feet. Nothing in it seemed to make sense, and if there were pieces missing, how was she supposed to pull anything from it. The book lay splayed open, pages open towards the sky. She looked down at it again, and a portion grabbed her attention.

Do not give up hope. Even if everything seems dark, there is always another place to run, and if you play your cards right, I can give you everything. Find me, and I promise the cost will be worth it.

It may be a wild-goose chase, but it was all she had. Querida picked up the book and held it close as she lulled herself to sleep. In the morning, she would try to make sense of this all. In the morning, she would try to find Quartz.

For once, I can't think of anything to say down here.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Aww, poor girl. =( I really like these lines: She missed what she had, the familiar warmth of her family. Broken, but still family. As a slightly unpleasant aside, knowing what we do of Quartz, it's eerie how he can sound so reassuring in his journal. Fingers crossed Querida turns out to be more than a match for him. xD
@Petall Aww, poor girl. =( I really like these lines: She missed what she had, the familiar warmth of her family. Broken, but still family. As a slightly unpleasant aside, knowing what we do of Quartz, it's eerie how he can sound so reassuring in his journal. Fingers crossed Querida turns out to be more than a match for him. xD
@Disillusionist Let's just say I have some big plans for Querida and Quartz... And I feel sorry for her too... I'm glad you liked that line! It's one of my favourites too!
@Disillusionist Let's just say I have some big plans for Querida and Quartz... And I feel sorry for her too... I'm glad you liked that line! It's one of my favourites too!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/14#post_33336993]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 31: Found[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41349508] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Wake up! Wake up!" Querida was jolted awake by the sound of a strange voice and rough paws shaking her. She blearily blinked open her eyes to see a bogsneak shaking her awake, a snapper closely behind him. Her fire had gone out, and a faint trail of smoke was rising to the sky. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37538181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375382/37538181_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Who are you?" Querida asked groggily, getting to her feet and clutching her book close. "My name is Thorburn, and this here is Maggie, my boss." The bogsneak introduced himself before lowering his voice to a whisper. "I have a book like yours. These are rare, so you'd best keep your safe." "Wha-" Querida started, but Thorburn hushed her. "Not here. Not now." His hissed. It was clear he didn't want Maggie to overhear. Perhaps she didn't know. "What brings you to these parts?" Maggie asked, stepping forward. Thorburn shot his boss an irritated look and stepped back. "I was traveling with my family. We got separated, and I think they are in trouble. They were taken prisoner by a pair of guardians, and I got scared and flew off before I found out if they could escape or were let go..." Querida trailed off, guilt clenching her chest. She didn't know why she was telling all this to a complete stranger. Her father had always taught her to keep her emotions close and to not share anything too quickly that could be a potential weakness, but Maggie, though well seasoned and clearly sharp, seemed to have a certain kindness about her that Querida couldn't help but trust. "You can travel with us back to our clan, if you wish." Maggie offered. "Thorburn and I were just stopping by the Sunbeam Ruins to line up some potential deals for the Brightshine Jubilee now that we've got everything for the Greenskeeper Gathering, but we are on our way home now. It's a port, so there are always many dragons coming and going. Perhaps one of them will have heard what happened to your parents, or perhaps your parents will stop by for the Gathering. Many dragons do come in and stay just for our festivals. Maggie's description of her home clan seemed strangely familiar. "You wouldn't happen to be from Windkeep Tower, would you?" Querida asked, eyeing the clearly wind style logo on the airship docked on the side of the cliffs. It was full of green sacks and boxed emblazoned with the nature flight emblem, to Querida could only assume it was there ship. The symbol on the hull looked strangely familiar, like the bits her parents had been unable to completely scratch off their stolen vessel. "You've heard of us? Have you visited before?" Maggie asked. "No, I've never been myself. But my mom said that's where she hatched." Querida explained. "Your mother wouldn't happen to be Pall- Plagueheart, would she?" Maggie asked, eyes widening. "You know her?" Querida asked, perking up. "Not personally, but your family back at the tower are very friendly and I always enjoy it when they pop by the shop." Maggie said, a smile filling her eyes, though only for a moment. Here gaze then began to darken. "If your parents are really Plagueheart and Pyrite, then we definitely need to bring this news back to Fenn. Not only is their safety a matter of interest, they have some things to answer to should they ever return to the clan." "What do you mean?" Querida asked. "We can get to all of that later." Maggie said, warmth returning to her eyes. "Thorburn, why don't you show her to the guest suite on our ship, and then we can get her initiated to help us sail back to the Windswept Plateau. Querida exchanged a look with Thorburn. If they could have some time alone, she could ask him about the book. Clutching her only possession even closer, she followed the bogsneak onto the ship, hoping that soon everything would make sense again. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/15#post_33420742]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist[/center] ----- A second update for the day! This is my last update before my trip that I am leaving on tomorrow morning. I probably won't be able to update until Thursday, then I can do a proper Greenskeeper Gathering update! I'm so excited tomorrow to see what the Spirit of Nature is, and what the apparel and accents look like! :D Hope you all enjoy the Gathering!

Chapter 31: Found

dragon?did=41349508&skin=24908&apparel=18774,23723,21853&xt=dressing.png

"Wake up! Wake up!" Querida was jolted awake by the sound of a strange voice and rough paws shaking her. She blearily blinked open her eyes to see a bogsneak shaking her awake, a snapper closely behind him. Her fire had gone out, and a faint trail of smoke was rising to the sky.

"Who are you?" Querida asked groggily, getting to her feet and clutching her book close.

"My name is Thorburn, and this here is Maggie, my boss." The bogsneak introduced himself before lowering his voice to a whisper. "I have a book like yours. These are rare, so you'd best keep your safe."

"Wha-" Querida started, but Thorburn hushed her.

"Not here. Not now." His hissed. It was clear he didn't want Maggie to overhear. Perhaps she didn't know.

"What brings you to these parts?" Maggie asked, stepping forward. Thorburn shot his boss an irritated look and stepped back.

"I was traveling with my family. We got separated, and I think they are in trouble. They were taken prisoner by a pair of guardians, and I got scared and flew off before I found out if they could escape or were let go..." Querida trailed off, guilt clenching her chest. She didn't know why she was telling all this to a complete stranger. Her father had always taught her to keep her emotions close and to not share anything too quickly that could be a potential weakness, but Maggie, though well seasoned and clearly sharp, seemed to have a certain kindness about her that Querida couldn't help but trust.

"You can travel with us back to our clan, if you wish." Maggie offered. "Thorburn and I were just stopping by the Sunbeam Ruins to line up some potential deals for the Brightshine Jubilee now that we've got everything for the Greenskeeper Gathering, but we are on our way home now. It's a port, so there are always many dragons coming and going. Perhaps one of them will have heard what happened to your parents, or perhaps your parents will stop by for the Gathering. Many dragons do come in and stay just for our festivals.

Maggie's description of her home clan seemed strangely familiar. "You wouldn't happen to be from Windkeep Tower, would you?" Querida asked, eyeing the clearly wind style logo on the airship docked on the side of the cliffs. It was full of green sacks and boxed emblazoned with the nature flight emblem, to Querida could only assume it was there ship. The symbol on the hull looked strangely familiar, like the bits her parents had been unable to completely scratch off their stolen vessel.

"You've heard of us? Have you visited before?" Maggie asked.

"No, I've never been myself. But my mom said that's where she hatched." Querida explained.

"Your mother wouldn't happen to be Pall- Plagueheart, would she?" Maggie asked, eyes widening.

"You know her?" Querida asked, perking up.

"Not personally, but your family back at the tower are very friendly and I always enjoy it when they pop by the shop." Maggie said, a smile filling her eyes, though only for a moment. Here gaze then began to darken. "If your parents are really Plagueheart and Pyrite, then we definitely need to bring this news back to Fenn. Not only is their safety a matter of interest, they have some things to answer to should they ever return to the clan."

"What do you mean?" Querida asked.

"We can get to all of that later." Maggie said, warmth returning to her eyes. "Thorburn, why don't you show her to the guest suite on our ship, and then we can get her initiated to help us sail back to the Windswept Plateau.

Querida exchanged a look with Thorburn. If they could have some time alone, she could ask him about the book. Clutching her only possession even closer, she followed the bogsneak onto the ship, hoping that soon everything would make sense again.

A second update for the day! This is my last update before my trip that I am leaving on tomorrow morning. I probably won't be able to update until Thursday, then I can do a proper Greenskeeper Gathering update! I'm so excited tomorrow to see what the Spirit of Nature is, and what the apparel and accents look like! :D Hope you all enjoy the Gathering!
@Petall
I can't believe I haven't read this before! may I please be added to the pinglist?
@Petall
I can't believe I haven't read this before! may I please be added to the pinglist?
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Petall Same here; I am totally HYPED for GG. I always work on Sundays, so it's always a pain to be stuck in an office while the festival starts. XD

As for the update: Wow, small world! Though honestly I now have a better feeling about Querida's situation now that she's going back to Windkeep. I'm giggling trying to imagine Thorburn's reaction. Probably something like, "Gotta hide that book! Whew, Maggie didn't see it!" and then "Oh, poop, this kid's from Windkeep too?!"

Looking forward to seeing more updates, but for now, please have a safe and happy trip. See you again! ^^
@Petall Same here; I am totally HYPED for GG. I always work on Sundays, so it's always a pain to be stuck in an office while the festival starts. XD

As for the update: Wow, small world! Though honestly I now have a better feeling about Querida's situation now that she's going back to Windkeep. I'm giggling trying to imagine Thorburn's reaction. Probably something like, "Gotta hide that book! Whew, Maggie didn't see it!" and then "Oh, poop, this kid's from Windkeep too?!"

Looking forward to seeing more updates, but for now, please have a safe and happy trip. See you again! ^^
@Aetherstorm

Definitely!!! Glad to have you on board!!!

@Disillusionist

It's such a beautiful festival!!! And ooo, working Sundays, that's too bad... At least it gives you something to look forward to when you get off work!

Lol Thorburn's stuck with her now!

Thank you!!!
@Aetherstorm

Definitely!!! Glad to have you on board!!!

@Disillusionist

It's such a beautiful festival!!! And ooo, working Sundays, that's too bad... At least it gives you something to look forward to when you get off work!

Lol Thorburn's stuck with her now!

Thank you!!!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 78 79