Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of February!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, Ladyrowyn and I started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since we left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • alk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.

New Business
Last month's thread collapsed! Tell us what had you so busy! Where are you with your projects? Have you pinstriped/trailed any derg yet? SHOW US YOUR BABIES

*flails*

Welcome to February!
General Introduction

In Nanowrimo 2013, Ladyrowyn and I started a writers' chat thread in the Wind forum. Since we left Wind, we've created a writers' chat here every month, to (a) meet new writers! and (b) keep in touch with all our Windy friends. (Hi Windies! We still love you all!)

Some purposes for this thread:
  • alk excitedly about your current awesome writing project!
  • Whinge about your current project which no longer seems so awesome and you don't want to work on it any more but YOU WILL anyway. Because REASONS.
  • Show off snippets of your writing
  • Cheer your fellow writers on as they write!
  • Commiserate with your fellow writers as they complain about not writing, or about not being happy with their writing
  • Ask other participants to pick one of your dragons for you to write something about in the dragon's bio
  • Show off dragon bios
  • Admire one another's dragons and new hatchlings from time to time (because this IS Flight Rising)
  • Any other writerly activities you want to chat about

"Dragon Writers" is a reference to this being a chat on a dragon site; there is no requirement that you write about dragons in order to participate. (Okay, there really aren't any requirements at all).

This is intended to be a general chat thread and not a critique group. Now, it's absolutely fine for a writer to post a link to their work and ask people for feedback and/or criticism! But it's also fine for people to post bits of their writing just to show off and with no desire to have it critiqued. And it's fine if you participate in the thread without ever sharing anything you write, or giving feedback on anyone else's writing.

Unless a writer solicits critiques, please only respond to their writing with supportive comments (or don't respond at all).

Also, this is a chat thread: we're here to interact with one another as writers. Showing up to say 'I haven't read any of the previous messages and am completely ignoring any conversations going on. Please come to my thread/read my writing' is unlikely to work out well for you.

New Business
Last month's thread collapsed! Tell us what had you so busy! Where are you with your projects? Have you pinstriped/trailed any derg yet? SHOW US YOUR BABIES

*flails*

Welcome to February!
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

@Adventure, @Aireiya, @Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alphanix, @Alpharaposa, @Amut, @angelfire335, @Araaska, @Artificiary, @Athaza, @Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, @Bhelryss, @BlackWinter, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Catkinstarchild, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @Darkersolstice, @Darkwarrior101, @demonslayr62, @demonslayr62, @disbounded, @DracioZard, @DracoLeo, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @egyptelf, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @Endernil, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @evosoul, @Eyries, @Fixeddotdice, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @gunslinger, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @HugQueen, @Hurricanesong, @Hydria, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @Jetfeather, @JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @KallyPaige, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Keeum, @Kelwyn, , @Kerynean, @Killunia, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @Lae, @lamarqueisdead, @LaraAelric, @Larkie, @laumania, @Lawful, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @lilastar, @luckgandor, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @MawkishMuse, @MawkishMuse, @melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @mightybeast, @MischiefSword, @MisfitsLanding, @MissFortune17, @Mistwalker, @Moonwater, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Nemesis, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Nikita, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Nyghtfall12, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @Onigame, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Petall, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @PixieKnight3264, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @Polymorphus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @QuetzalQueen, @Rabbithearts, @Raenea, @Reltseo, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SamIamLuvDov, @SapphireElegy, @Saraceaser, @Saraceaser, @ScrivenerRook, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverhame, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @thatjaeger, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @thefaceradar, @TheMaskedHunter, @tsuneembers, @TwilightDreams, @typoAdventure, @Umpaloompa, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @VivaFariy, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @Xumbre, @KenjiSnow, @Yukino, @ZenithNadir, @Zidderinni, @Zonemod, @Niguidara, @Lisianthus, @seraphemme, @Darkmoonnbreeder, @DragonMaid421, @Connlaodh, @LongMorrison, @SnoringHyena, @Avanari, @MurEyeUh, @EmpressSectonia, @Copierthief, @Darkmoonbreeder, @PhoenixMiko, @FireStarter007

The pinglist is self-editing! Please add or remove yourself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!
I summon the dragon-writing horde!

@Adventure, @Aireiya, @Almaren, @Aloysius, @Alphanix, @Alpharaposa, @Amut, @angelfire335, @Araaska, @Artificiary, @Athaza, @Azurenight, @Batme, @benalene, @Bhelryss, @BlackWinter, @brilliantsky, @Caiiore, @CanisLupus03, @Catbag, @Catkinstarchild, @Celetia912, @chalcara, @chaosheart13, @chibithulu, @cinderrain, @Cinnimoncynic, @Darkersolstice, @Darkwarrior101, @demonslayr62, @demonslayr62, @disbounded, @DracioZard, @DracoLeo, @DTEvie, @Duchannes, @egyptelf, @Elfnextdoor, @encarmine, @Endernil, @EonFlamewing, @Erratic, @evosoul, @Eyries, @Fixeddotdice, @Fuurin, @gendersquare, @GreyWardenNova, @growingthebear, @gunslinger, @HeartThief, @hitoritabi, @HugQueen, @Hurricanesong, @Hydria, @Iceyriver08, @Ickyrus, @Iriexiris, @IronPen, @IvoryMuffin, @Jane13, @Jetfeather, @JiggertyPokery, @Joying, @KallyPaige, @kanashiiichigo, @Karika, @kayn, @Kazaera, @Keeum, @Kelwyn, , @Kerynean, @Killunia, @KittyHamilton, @LadyKnightKatsa, @LadyRowyn, @Ladyslayer, @Lae, @lamarqueisdead, @LaraAelric, @Larkie, @laumania, @Lawful, @Lckgandor, @li0nessrampant, @LilacsandFreedom, @lilastar, @luckgandor, @LuckieChanm, @LucklessLady, @Lundlaeva, @Lytic, @ManaStar, @Marmite, @maw, @MawkishMuse, @MawkishMuse, @melonLord, @MeraHunt, @Metamochi, @micahjaguar, @mightybeast, @MischiefSword, @MisfitsLanding, @MissFortune17, @Mistwalker, @Moonwater, @Morichinatsu, @Mort, @mwingzero, @Namira, @nano, @nargothrond, @Nemera, @Nemesis, @Neroelysium, @Nightlilac, @NightwindDragon, @Nikita, @NinjaKnightOsc, @Nyghtfall12, @Oakwick, @ObsidianNights, @Onigame, @pachirisu, @Paintminion, @Pasafatu, @Petall, @Pielonious, @pixeltune, @PixieKnight3264, @Plagueheart, @PlatinumDream, @PocketTheSaurus, @Polymorphus, @PoofinBurd, @Pookasaur, @psychocanes, @puffbird, @purplpeanut, @Pyrasaur, @quartzcrusher, @QuetzalQueen, @Rabbithearts, @Raenea, @Reltseo, @Rexcaliburr, @ruthie, @SadariEvenstar, @SamIamLuvDov, @SapphireElegy, @Saraceaser, @Saraceaser, @ScrivenerRook, @Serpenthyne, @ShadesofCyan, @shimo, @ShockZephyr, @SierraKomodo, @SilverFoxDemon, @Silverhame, @Silverspun, @SingingBirdy, @SirWermo, @SN1006, @Snaphance, @SpiritKin, @SpringyBirdd, @Srewolf, @Steffon, @Stoat, @Suraya, @SylphofPens, @Syrinx, @tacroy, @thatjaeger, @The13Inquisitor, @TheDragonsQueen, @thefaceradar, @TheMaskedHunter, @tsuneembers, @TwilightDreams, @typoAdventure, @Umpaloompa, @Upstart, @Velg, @velvetpaws, @VigilanteSnail, @VioletWhirlwind, @VivaFariy, @WhoDoVooDoo, @Wisecakes, @Wymetz, @WynterDragen, @Xumbre, @KenjiSnow, @Yukino, @ZenithNadir, @Zidderinni, @Zonemod, @Niguidara, @Lisianthus, @seraphemme, @Darkmoonnbreeder, @DragonMaid421, @Connlaodh, @LongMorrison, @SnoringHyena, @Avanari, @MurEyeUh, @EmpressSectonia, @Copierthief, @Darkmoonbreeder, @PhoenixMiko, @FireStarter007

The pinglist is self-editing! Please add or remove yourself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgBhbV0tZai8TO20VNURz5y8_toxSN4xLCamseq7ICs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
Just posting to say that I'm here! But I need to go to bed now, so...
Just posting to say that I'm here! But I need to go to bed now, so...
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
Welcome to February, y'all! I am the Super Busy Writer, with a promotion coming up in February for my Book 1 of my ace-pairing college-alien romance, a Kickstarter next week, and a new book launch just yesterday. That's for my book about how to do business if you're a creative person. I mentioned it on my FR tumblr yesterday, check it out if you're inclined: https://lairbythesea.tumblr.com/post/170358179651/i-dunno-if-i-mentioned-but-im-a-working It is ALL MY SECRETS about making it as a freelancer. I make full-time, 'better than when I was working at a software start-up' money at this now, so I walk my talk. *buffs chest fluff* Anyway, FR. I need SO MANY MORE pinstripe and trails. UGH. I really like this gene pairing! Why did FR make alchemy so RNG-dependent? I hate brewing. *grumbles* But look at this hatchie his morning, so good: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39191879] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391919/39191879_350.png[/img] [/url] Her parents did a good job. *pets them* I also started an adopt shop as a way of teaching myself how to do paper doll layering? I'm having a good time with that. [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/f7dfdc81081e174e54fbcdfea057f626/tumblr_p38urc0FVz1ti7psgo1_400.png[/img] So far doing this is relaxing, so I might continue doing it for a while. What's up in your universes, y'all? :D
Welcome to February, y'all! I am the Super Busy Writer, with a promotion coming up in February for my Book 1 of my ace-pairing college-alien romance, a Kickstarter next week, and a new book launch just yesterday. That's for my book about how to do business if you're a creative person. I mentioned it on my FR tumblr yesterday, check it out if you're inclined:

https://lairbythesea.tumblr.com/post/170358179651/i-dunno-if-i-mentioned-but-im-a-working

It is ALL MY SECRETS about making it as a freelancer. I make full-time, 'better than when I was working at a software start-up' money at this now, so I walk my talk. *buffs chest fluff*

Anyway, FR. I need SO MANY MORE pinstripe and trails. UGH. I really like this gene pairing! Why did FR make alchemy so RNG-dependent? I hate brewing. *grumbles* But look at this hatchie his morning, so good:

39191879_350.png

Her parents did a good job. *pets them*

I also started an adopt shop as a way of teaching myself how to do paper doll layering? I'm having a good time with that.

tumblr_p38urc0FVz1ti7psgo1_400.png

So far doing this is relaxing, so I might continue doing it for a while.

What's up in your universes, y'all? :D

I'm just waiting for an editor to get back to me right now.

And I seem to have lost my touch for fanfiction.

I want to play around with Mass Effect some but I keep running into a brick wall of writer's block.

It's to the point I'm open to prompts, if anyone's got them.

Also, super bored and lonely but that's an entirely separate issue.
I'm just waiting for an editor to get back to me right now.

And I seem to have lost my touch for fanfiction.

I want to play around with Mass Effect some but I keep running into a brick wall of writer's block.

It's to the point I'm open to prompts, if anyone's got them.

Also, super bored and lonely but that's an entirely separate issue.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
I haven't had any motivation to write at all for the past couple weeks. Work has been more draining and the managers are [i]just[/i] now figuring out we need more people in the office. I've been drowning in paperwork barely able to keep up since December. On the dragon side of things I absolutely [i]adore[/i] the new genes. I've got about 7 dragons.needing.one or the other, as well as two new dream dragons. This is the one most excited to get. [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=7&gender=0&tert=103&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=140&auth=4fcb3dd3a591dfdc31967f1e920a5c214bbc9a97&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [nextcol] No Chosen Name Yet Plague/Wind/Ice/Light/Fire Guardian/Mirror/Nocturne Pinstripe/Trail/Underbelly Silver/Metals/Amber [/columns] I also had a lair purge and one lore dragon just won't sell. Ugh.
I haven't had any motivation to write at all for the past couple weeks. Work has been more draining and the managers are just now figuring out we need more people in the office. I've been drowning in paperwork barely able to keep up since December.

On the dragon side of things I absolutely adore the new genes. I've got about 7 dragons.needing.one or the other, as well as two new dream dragons. This is the one most excited to get.

dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=7&gender=0&tert=103&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=140&auth=4fcb3dd3a591dfdc31967f1e920a5c214bbc9a97&dummyext=prev.png
No Chosen Name Yet

Plague/Wind/Ice/Light/Fire Guardian/Mirror/Nocturne
Pinstripe/Trail/Underbelly
Silver/Metals/Amber

I also had a lair purge and one lore dragon just won't sell. Ugh.
hANn2C0.gif
I got sucked into a void of playing my favourite game series again with my fiancee, so between being and Adult (boooo), working, and playing video games I lost track of the January thread. Whoops,,,, In other news, I love Pinstripe and Trail so much??? I may have...bought a dragon because I found out how wild and good Pinstripe Antique looks..... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39106629][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=22&breed=14&element=1&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=18&winggene=21&wings=51&auth=d7a216b3079ce6beecb090adb2fd4fd57d33a2b9&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] (this is just a scry, but clicking on her will lead to the wonderful disaster of a baby dragon she is right now) I also plan on putting Pinstripe and Trail on my FRversary dragon! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=22&breed=9&element=1&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=118&auth=50fd87103e8b0afb01cbef22aa2b626d9127a366&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Sanddollar is such a GOOD colour, I love the accent colour and pattern on her, gosh. Saves me a Petals scroll too? lol @micahjaguar Im crying about your cute adopts, brb, i need one for ALL MY TUNDRAS.
I got sucked into a void of playing my favourite game series again with my fiancee, so between being and Adult (boooo), working, and playing video games I lost track of the January thread. Whoops,,,,

In other news, I love Pinstripe and Trail so much??? I may have...bought a dragon because I found out how wild and good Pinstripe Antique looks.....

dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=22&breed=14&element=1&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=18&winggene=21&wings=51&auth=d7a216b3079ce6beecb090adb2fd4fd57d33a2b9&dummyext=prev.png

(this is just a scry, but clicking on her will lead to the wonderful disaster of a baby dragon she is right now)

I also plan on putting Pinstripe and Trail on my FRversary dragon!

dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=22&breed=9&element=1&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=118&auth=50fd87103e8b0afb01cbef22aa2b626d9127a366&dummyext=prev.png

Sanddollar is such a GOOD colour, I love the accent colour and pattern on her, gosh. Saves me a Petals scroll too? lol

@micahjaguar

Im crying about your cute adopts, brb, i need one for ALL MY TUNDRAS.
topleftsig.pngtoprightsig.png
bottomleftsig.pngbottomrightsig.png
@VioletWhirlwind *tucks you in*

@The13Inquisitor *hugs you carefully* I hate block. And depression. *shakes fist at them* I could give you a dragon prompt, if you want one? I don't do well at fanfic stuff/prompts...

@MeraHunt Ugggh, worksuck. I am so sorry. *drapes blanket around you, gets you hot drink* At least we have pinstripe/trail? That scry is so awesome!

@TheDragonsQueen NO one does tundra adopts. Or at least, almost no one. And when they do, they usually do the males. I wanted to show the girls some love! Because they're one of my favorite breed/sex combinations. <3

*gapes at your snapper* WHAT. HOW IS SHE SO BEAUTIFUL.
@VioletWhirlwind *tucks you in*

@The13Inquisitor *hugs you carefully* I hate block. And depression. *shakes fist at them* I could give you a dragon prompt, if you want one? I don't do well at fanfic stuff/prompts...

@MeraHunt Ugggh, worksuck. I am so sorry. *drapes blanket around you, gets you hot drink* At least we have pinstripe/trail? That scry is so awesome!

@TheDragonsQueen NO one does tundra adopts. Or at least, almost no one. And when they do, they usually do the males. I wanted to show the girls some love! Because they're one of my favorite breed/sex combinations. <3

*gapes at your snapper* WHAT. HOW IS SHE SO BEAUTIFUL.

yayyyyy
yayyyyy
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[i]Steps into room, does big dramatic bow/wave combination [/i]WHY HELLO! How is everyone? The new genes? Omg, I LOVE THEM!!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37998926] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379990/37998926_350.png[/img] [/url] As for creativity, I've finally drawn a full bodied pic of my creature Firefly from the camp story (even if it is more of a hieroglyph then a reff sheet), [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/9603/th/pre/i/2018/011/a/4/glyphon_by_sandburr-dbzngdt.jpg [/img] [i] and[/i] I've gotten to start writing again! I've been working on my mermaid story as well as some odd story concepts recently. Also, I have dyslexia, does anyone care to prof read? :D They drug her into the dock, hissing and spitting and baring her teeth. She threw off the net and spun back towards the water. Brook dropped to his knees and pined her down. She twisted and thrashed under him. He grabbed her wrists and shoved both elbows into her ribs. She sank her shark-like into his shoulder and shook her head from side to side like an angry snake. He shouted some nasty curses as her teeth cut through him. "Ow! Damit! Get the boy out here!" Luke turned and raised his voice to the shed, "GETOUTHEREYOUWOTHLESSCRITTERWEVEGOTTABIGOOOONE!" then stood and regarded the lack of employee response while his brother did battle with a very angry selkie. "Eh, he must be out." "Forget him then! A bit of help?" "Yeah, I spose." It took an hour to wrestle the beast into an empty fry tank, and then another to change the water without losing a hand. Eventually the tank was filled half way, the lid was closed and locked, and the selkie sat hunched in the corner, her tail puffed up like a cat's and a nasty glare on her face. "Whad' you reckon we do with it?" "Sell it I spose. Someone somewhere will pay good money for a real live selkie I do think" The back door slammed and Xander came in with bucks of shrimp to feed the fry. "Hey, wer've you been?" He stopped and looked up over the tanks. "Getting shrimp, like you told me to do..?" "For the past three hours?" "I wasn't scheduled for... For... Did I miss something?" "You didn't the mop the floors before you left." "I did-" "And you aren't here to help us with this thing." He frowned. "A... A thing?" I've been contemplating publishing this one online for free to build up some interest for my longer stories, has anyone tried that before? @The13Inquisitor *applause* I hope you here good things from your editor! @MeraHunt Omg, that is a BEUTIFUL dreamie!
Steps into room, does big dramatic bow/wave combination
WHY HELLO! How is everyone?
The new genes? Omg, I LOVE THEM!!!

37998926_350.png

As for creativity, I've finally drawn a full bodied pic of my creature Firefly from the camp story (even if it is more of a hieroglyph then a reff sheet),
glyphon_by_sandburr-dbzngdt.jpg
and I've gotten to start writing again! I've been working on my mermaid story as well as some odd story concepts recently. Also, I have dyslexia, does anyone care to prof read?
:D

They drug her into the dock, hissing and spitting and baring her teeth. She threw off the net and spun back towards the water. Brook dropped to his knees and pined her down. She twisted and thrashed under him. He grabbed her wrists and shoved both elbows into her ribs. She sank her shark-like into his shoulder and shook her head from side to side like an angry snake. He shouted some nasty curses as her teeth cut through him. "Ow! Damit! Get the boy out here!"
Luke turned and raised his voice to the shed, "GETOUTHEREYOUWOTHLESSCRITTERWEVEGOTTABIGOOOONE!" then stood and regarded the lack of employee response while his brother did battle with a very angry selkie.
"Eh, he must be out."
"Forget him then! A bit of help?"
"Yeah, I spose."
It took an hour to wrestle the beast into an empty fry tank, and then another to change the water without losing a hand. Eventually the tank was filled half way, the lid was closed and locked, and the selkie sat hunched in the corner, her tail puffed up like a cat's and a nasty glare on her face.
"Whad' you reckon we do with it?"
"Sell it I spose. Someone somewhere will pay good money for a real live selkie I do think"
The back door slammed and Xander came in with bucks of shrimp to feed the fry.
"Hey, wer've you been?"
He stopped and looked up over the tanks. "Getting shrimp, like you told me to do..?"
"For the past three hours?"
"I wasn't scheduled for... For... Did I miss something?"
"You didn't the mop the floors before you left."
"I did-"
"And you aren't here to help us with this thing."
He frowned. "A... A thing?"

I've been contemplating publishing this one online for free to build up some interest for my longer stories, has anyone tried that before?

@The13Inquisitor
*applause* I hope you here good things from your editor!

@MeraHunt
Omg, that is a BEUTIFUL dreamie!
24002659_oFj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17