Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Using this as an example thread now!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@CloverGaming
SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY lkasfkldjs I got distracted yesterday... Now that I see even more examples of your work I'm even more excited!!

Would you be down to write something with Estelle or Kevin-- or if you wish, both of them!? Kevin's a playful and loyal retainer to Estelle. Estelle's a very cheerful, optimistic and untamed princess. These two get into a lot of trouble because they've fled from their original kingdom, which was a land that flourished with boisterous flowers and life before it fell..They both harbour loves for their lost kingdom (and Kevin's got tons of love harboured for his princess, too) and people who seek to destroy the last remnants of the kingdom are out to eliminate these two. They have lots and lots of nice, quiet moments together though; there's a mutual kind of understanding between them and they aren't afraid to have fun together. They can be really mischievous if they're in the mood for tomfoolery hAHA.

So maybe some interaction between these two!? Whether it's current or reminiscing about the past, whether it's serious or silly, anything would be lovely! And if you're not in the mood for interaction, I'd love to see just some introspection from either one of the characters, perhaps? You're free to take some creative liberties with them. Just have fun ! |D And since you need these for writing samples, feel free to do anything with these characters ^^ Thank you again for this opportunity!
@CloverGaming
SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY lkasfkldjs I got distracted yesterday... Now that I see even more examples of your work I'm even more excited!!

Would you be down to write something with Estelle or Kevin-- or if you wish, both of them!? Kevin's a playful and loyal retainer to Estelle. Estelle's a very cheerful, optimistic and untamed princess. These two get into a lot of trouble because they've fled from their original kingdom, which was a land that flourished with boisterous flowers and life before it fell..They both harbour loves for their lost kingdom (and Kevin's got tons of love harboured for his princess, too) and people who seek to destroy the last remnants of the kingdom are out to eliminate these two. They have lots and lots of nice, quiet moments together though; there's a mutual kind of understanding between them and they aren't afraid to have fun together. They can be really mischievous if they're in the mood for tomfoolery hAHA.

So maybe some interaction between these two!? Whether it's current or reminiscing about the past, whether it's serious or silly, anything would be lovely! And if you're not in the mood for interaction, I'd love to see just some introspection from either one of the characters, perhaps? You're free to take some creative liberties with them. Just have fun ! |D And since you need these for writing samples, feel free to do anything with these characters ^^ Thank you again for this opportunity!
C_areCPXoAApdJK.png
@jabby
IT'S OKAY XD We all get distracted. And I'm glad you like my work so much!

Oh man these 2 look really fun to write for, and I've been needing to test my footing better in happier writing. I'd be happy to whip something up for them! I'm thinking some silly interaction with romantic tension hehehe I can imagine them like wandering off into the woods and all sorts of shenanigans ensue. Perhaps with a bittersweet ending. I also saw the poetry in Kevin's bio and considering I've been wanting to try that out, I might write a poem for them too!
@jabby
IT'S OKAY XD We all get distracted. And I'm glad you like my work so much!

Oh man these 2 look really fun to write for, and I've been needing to test my footing better in happier writing. I'd be happy to whip something up for them! I'm thinking some silly interaction with romantic tension hehehe I can imagine them like wandering off into the woods and all sorts of shenanigans ensue. Perhaps with a bittersweet ending. I also saw the poetry in Kevin's bio and considering I've been wanting to try that out, I might write a poem for them too!
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
@DragonWarrior333
So, I may have gone a bit overboard(716 words for a bio what've I done) but I had an idea and I just really went for it. It's very... inspirational? My friend called it a movie trailer....So I hope you like it! If anything needs to be changed let me know. Not sure if this was a style you were aiming for.
Quote:
Fleeting graceful movements, a beautiful sight was she. Everyone was entranced as she performed on the ice. Her lace ribbons twirled with her almost melodically to the music, and breathtaking was all that could be said for it. Colors bouncing off of her wings. She danced like a swan with the balance of a crane; with scales as shiny as a ravens feathers that the moonlight made glow.

"Look at her! So light on her feet like that." they would say, "Indeed. A crown jewel for sure!" another boasted.

Dancing was her passion, a way of life, an art form. Karasu never did it for the money. No, she had plenty of that, as she was raised in an esteemed household of noble blood.

Ever since she was a child she never had many worries, her mind was filled with optimism and hope. She had pets to play with. A whole library of books to read. She even took up ice skating, seeing it as a fun way to pass the time. Daily lessons consisted of her learning how to keep up with the family name, and kept up she did. The pressure was minimal, but nothing she couldn't outright handle. Especially when she was introduced to dancing; the newfound freedom she had with expressing herself in movements was indescribable. At the start she tripped over her own feet, falling down and acquiring various bruises, but she kept at it with years of practice. Solid determination kept her going.

With all her optimism her naturally cheerful attitude attracted others, and said cheerfulness rubbed off on them. It was from this that she acquired many friends and her parents pride. All that said, growing under it all from constant praise came a snarky attitude, with too much self-esteem. Indeed her tongue could be as sharp and snappy as her movements could. It got to the point where her friends would start to be weary of her, slowly distancing themselves or vanishing altogether. It wasn't until her old friends gathered, snapping at her themselves to bring her back to her senses; a taste of her own medicine, and from her fear came realization. After a couple weeks they forgave her. They were as happy as she was to have their friend back, to have herself back.

Now this side never came out too often, only to defend herself or those close to her. Karasu did her best to stay kind and humble, learning lessons about the world outside her family name and her clan. As she learned, a growing problem presented itself to her, and this problem was how she realized one thing; she had it easy her whole life. Her friends and others burdened with disaster after disaster. It pained her to watch it all, and so she did what she could, lifting their spirits the only way she knew how. Along with supporting them and lending coin every now and then, she danced for them. A light in the never ending darkness. And they appreciated every gesture, some going on to make names for themselves from what she had done.

Those close to her encouraged her to do the same as they had; go out and find a place. Make a career of her talent. So she started performing in public. The dances she danced were stories, stories of her friends and their struggles. Bringing a light to all of the hardships in the world. As everyone loves stories, including her. Which is why she delved more and more into Interpretive Dance. And it attracted interest as more and more crowds gathered the more she performed. They praised her. Some tried to form contracts with her, but she shook her heads at them, refusing every penny they tried to throw. The voices of the business dragons fell upon deaf ears. Greed would not be her downfall.

As Karasu went on, she expanded her talents. Dancing on ice was one of her proudest achievements, taking a childhood hobby and combining it with something one loves is truly an amazing thing. Like when she started dancing, she fell down a lot then too, but always got up. Determination always shining through in the end.

In her eyes when she performs.

And in the hearts of those she performs for.
@DragonWarrior333
So, I may have gone a bit overboard(716 words for a bio what've I done) but I had an idea and I just really went for it. It's very... inspirational? My friend called it a movie trailer....So I hope you like it! If anything needs to be changed let me know. Not sure if this was a style you were aiming for.
Quote:
Fleeting graceful movements, a beautiful sight was she. Everyone was entranced as she performed on the ice. Her lace ribbons twirled with her almost melodically to the music, and breathtaking was all that could be said for it. Colors bouncing off of her wings. She danced like a swan with the balance of a crane; with scales as shiny as a ravens feathers that the moonlight made glow.

"Look at her! So light on her feet like that." they would say, "Indeed. A crown jewel for sure!" another boasted.

Dancing was her passion, a way of life, an art form. Karasu never did it for the money. No, she had plenty of that, as she was raised in an esteemed household of noble blood.

Ever since she was a child she never had many worries, her mind was filled with optimism and hope. She had pets to play with. A whole library of books to read. She even took up ice skating, seeing it as a fun way to pass the time. Daily lessons consisted of her learning how to keep up with the family name, and kept up she did. The pressure was minimal, but nothing she couldn't outright handle. Especially when she was introduced to dancing; the newfound freedom she had with expressing herself in movements was indescribable. At the start she tripped over her own feet, falling down and acquiring various bruises, but she kept at it with years of practice. Solid determination kept her going.

With all her optimism her naturally cheerful attitude attracted others, and said cheerfulness rubbed off on them. It was from this that she acquired many friends and her parents pride. All that said, growing under it all from constant praise came a snarky attitude, with too much self-esteem. Indeed her tongue could be as sharp and snappy as her movements could. It got to the point where her friends would start to be weary of her, slowly distancing themselves or vanishing altogether. It wasn't until her old friends gathered, snapping at her themselves to bring her back to her senses; a taste of her own medicine, and from her fear came realization. After a couple weeks they forgave her. They were as happy as she was to have their friend back, to have herself back.

Now this side never came out too often, only to defend herself or those close to her. Karasu did her best to stay kind and humble, learning lessons about the world outside her family name and her clan. As she learned, a growing problem presented itself to her, and this problem was how she realized one thing; she had it easy her whole life. Her friends and others burdened with disaster after disaster. It pained her to watch it all, and so she did what she could, lifting their spirits the only way she knew how. Along with supporting them and lending coin every now and then, she danced for them. A light in the never ending darkness. And they appreciated every gesture, some going on to make names for themselves from what she had done.

Those close to her encouraged her to do the same as they had; go out and find a place. Make a career of her talent. So she started performing in public. The dances she danced were stories, stories of her friends and their struggles. Bringing a light to all of the hardships in the world. As everyone loves stories, including her. Which is why she delved more and more into Interpretive Dance. And it attracted interest as more and more crowds gathered the more she performed. They praised her. Some tried to form contracts with her, but she shook her heads at them, refusing every penny they tried to throw. The voices of the business dragons fell upon deaf ears. Greed would not be her downfall.

As Karasu went on, she expanded her talents. Dancing on ice was one of her proudest achievements, taking a childhood hobby and combining it with something one loves is truly an amazing thing. Like when she started dancing, she fell down a lot then too, but always got up. Determination always shining through in the end.

In her eyes when she performs.

And in the hearts of those she performs for.
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
@Clovergaming please add me to your pinglist if you have one for when slots/your shop opens
@Clovergaming please add me to your pinglist if you have one for when slots/your shop opens
Visiting the Cove?
Badge.gif
@Cove
Added! Thank you for your interest.
@Cove
Added! Thank you for your interest.
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
@CloverGaming
!!!!!!!! THAT SOUNDS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY TBH EVERYTHING YOU SAID SOUNDS GREAT SDLKFJADKL wandering! bittersweetness! and even the possibility of poetry!?! aAAHH!! I live for that swEET rOMANTIC TENSION YES PLEASE DO SO <3 <3 I'm so excited, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I hope you have fun alksdfklsadjf :D
@CloverGaming
!!!!!!!! THAT SOUNDS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY TBH EVERYTHING YOU SAID SOUNDS GREAT SDLKFJADKL wandering! bittersweetness! and even the possibility of poetry!?! aAAHH!! I live for that swEET rOMANTIC TENSION YES PLEASE DO SO <3 <3 I'm so excited, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I hope you have fun alksdfklsadjf :D
C_areCPXoAApdJK.png
@jabby
YES OKAY I CAN DO THIS! Watch me fail hahaha

You seem to prefer them in human form opposed to dragon, so I'm guessing you'd rather have that? Just making sure ^.^
@jabby
YES OKAY I CAN DO THIS! Watch me fail hahaha

You seem to prefer them in human form opposed to dragon, so I'm guessing you'd rather have that? Just making sure ^.^
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
@CloverGaming dnfndnfj YouR WRITING IS FANTASTIC, BELIEEEEVE IN YOURSELF IM SURE ITLL BE FANTASTIC ;D

YES human forms are preferred :D you can give them tails and wings though, as their gijinkas have... nodnod!!
@CloverGaming dnfndnfj YouR WRITING IS FANTASTIC, BELIEEEEVE IN YOURSELF IM SURE ITLL BE FANTASTIC ;D

YES human forms are preferred :D you can give them tails and wings though, as their gijinkas have... nodnod!!
C_areCPXoAApdJK.png
@jabby
Alright gotcha! *Aggressively scribbles on paper*
@jabby
Alright gotcha! *Aggressively scribbles on paper*
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
@CloverGaming AHHH THAT IS SO AMAZING I LOVE IT! *throws a tip at you*
@CloverGaming AHHH THAT IS SO AMAZING I LOVE IT! *throws a tip at you*
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7