Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Trick Troupes and Circuses
1 2 3 4
I am not looking to buy dragons. This thread's purpose is to connect dragons and users through complimentary lore.
Just so we're clear.

I love the idea of collaborative lore. It's always so much more fun and interesting when dragons from various users know one another, and even sometimes hang out (i.e., via rp. This is why I made the Eightleaf Town rp hub, which is still going, (but due to the lack of numbers, it's very slow right now) in case anyone's interested. This is different, but dragons here can have a role there, too.)

So, here's the deal: I'm looking for people who're interested in collaborating a bit with dragon lore. Below, you will find a snippet of lore. Think it sounds fun and want to theme a dragon off of it? Super! Post here to let me know so we can coordinate a bit. Have a dragon who would fit into the lore and want to include him/her? Awesome! Share the dragon and we'll see about working you in.

In short, it's a relational network. So let's have some fun with this!

Lore:
The Tangled Wood: a land known for its murk, its glowing native life, and its tricksters. Some play pranks for their own, private fun. Others' deceptions are more sinister. Either way, its mystique entices the curious, and each harmless wonder draws them deeper into the gloom.

Here, in these woods, some dragons have band together, and travel in nomadic troupes. This is one of them, and the sort that offers astonishment and delight to guests. Smaller ones are called trick troupes, and larger ones are circuses. Both are filled with the marvelous and the strange, and are home, family, and business to all who are a part of them. But wanderers should beware. For as many delights and amazing sights as these offer, not all trick troupes or circuses are as they appear...and sometimes, the curious are never seen again.

Lore for February:
Once a year, for the duration of a week, the trick troupes band together to put on a marvelous display, filled with mischief and revelry, called "The Trickmurk Circus." The Shadowbinder, herself, joins in, making available treasures formed by her exalted using the mysterious Shimmering Pinecones, which fall from the trees of the wood during this time.

Troupe of Lucid Dreams

(Likely open to RP; run by 2 users, so ask whichever you want for RP confirmation)

Not a very large trick troupe, but very mobile. Each night, they are set up somewhere different in the Tangled Wood. Joyful music plays, and lights can be made out through the gloom, enticing curious minds. Strange creatures are caged for viewing, here, along with astonishing, malformed oddities. There is a magic show, a dancing clockwork doll, and a snake charmer, too, among others. This is one of those trick troupes, however, where sometimes, those who visit disappear.

Members
Ringleader -- Corvo
Maintenance Engineer -- Rhamantus (Also Ophelia's master)
Resident/Dancer -- Alec (Also runs a "cuddles and compliments" booth.)
Manager for the Lightshow and Goopmancy acts, as well as Lilac's handler -- Ambrosia

Acts and Menagerie
Magician -- Vincent Clopin LePapillon du Mystique
Magic/Comedy Goopmancer -- Inkcap
Lightshow Artist Duo -- Prismarine and Nautilus
Snake-Charming Dancer -- Naga
Trapeze Artist -- Lady Cerise Tomi
Dancing Clockwork Doll -- Ophelia
Caged Undead Monstrosity -- Lichdrake
Caged Multi-Eyed Freak -- Lilac

(Others can be added, such as dancers, dice/card game masters, and whatever else. Feel free to add to the freak show, too, if that tickles your fancy. Note that imprisoned oddities have it worse than strange residents, who willingly display themselves.)

The Phenomenon Assembly Sideshow

(Open to RP)

Staff
Sideshow Backer and Illusionist -- Renart
Sideshow Manager and Necromancer -- Envoy

Acts and Menagerie
Seer's Apprentice -- Venveigo
Undead Performer -- Ralel
Sword Swallower and Fire Eater -- Lorn

Have a different trick troupe/circus you want to throw in? Great! I'll keep a list here. And feel free to get creative. Have an engineer and a clockwork doll dragon for the freak show? Super! An eerie monstrosity? Awesome! A charming ringleader? Fantastic! A dancer full of dreams? Perfect! A fortune teller with panache? Lovely! Let's have some fun with this and make our dragons (and ourselves) some new friends!
I am not looking to buy dragons. This thread's purpose is to connect dragons and users through complimentary lore.
Just so we're clear.

I love the idea of collaborative lore. It's always so much more fun and interesting when dragons from various users know one another, and even sometimes hang out (i.e., via rp. This is why I made the Eightleaf Town rp hub, which is still going, (but due to the lack of numbers, it's very slow right now) in case anyone's interested. This is different, but dragons here can have a role there, too.)

So, here's the deal: I'm looking for people who're interested in collaborating a bit with dragon lore. Below, you will find a snippet of lore. Think it sounds fun and want to theme a dragon off of it? Super! Post here to let me know so we can coordinate a bit. Have a dragon who would fit into the lore and want to include him/her? Awesome! Share the dragon and we'll see about working you in.

In short, it's a relational network. So let's have some fun with this!

Lore:
The Tangled Wood: a land known for its murk, its glowing native life, and its tricksters. Some play pranks for their own, private fun. Others' deceptions are more sinister. Either way, its mystique entices the curious, and each harmless wonder draws them deeper into the gloom.

Here, in these woods, some dragons have band together, and travel in nomadic troupes. This is one of them, and the sort that offers astonishment and delight to guests. Smaller ones are called trick troupes, and larger ones are circuses. Both are filled with the marvelous and the strange, and are home, family, and business to all who are a part of them. But wanderers should beware. For as many delights and amazing sights as these offer, not all trick troupes or circuses are as they appear...and sometimes, the curious are never seen again.

Lore for February:
Once a year, for the duration of a week, the trick troupes band together to put on a marvelous display, filled with mischief and revelry, called "The Trickmurk Circus." The Shadowbinder, herself, joins in, making available treasures formed by her exalted using the mysterious Shimmering Pinecones, which fall from the trees of the wood during this time.

Troupe of Lucid Dreams

(Likely open to RP; run by 2 users, so ask whichever you want for RP confirmation)

Not a very large trick troupe, but very mobile. Each night, they are set up somewhere different in the Tangled Wood. Joyful music plays, and lights can be made out through the gloom, enticing curious minds. Strange creatures are caged for viewing, here, along with astonishing, malformed oddities. There is a magic show, a dancing clockwork doll, and a snake charmer, too, among others. This is one of those trick troupes, however, where sometimes, those who visit disappear.

Members
Ringleader -- Corvo
Maintenance Engineer -- Rhamantus (Also Ophelia's master)
Resident/Dancer -- Alec (Also runs a "cuddles and compliments" booth.)
Manager for the Lightshow and Goopmancy acts, as well as Lilac's handler -- Ambrosia

Acts and Menagerie
Magician -- Vincent Clopin LePapillon du Mystique
Magic/Comedy Goopmancer -- Inkcap
Lightshow Artist Duo -- Prismarine and Nautilus
Snake-Charming Dancer -- Naga
Trapeze Artist -- Lady Cerise Tomi
Dancing Clockwork Doll -- Ophelia
Caged Undead Monstrosity -- Lichdrake
Caged Multi-Eyed Freak -- Lilac

(Others can be added, such as dancers, dice/card game masters, and whatever else. Feel free to add to the freak show, too, if that tickles your fancy. Note that imprisoned oddities have it worse than strange residents, who willingly display themselves.)

The Phenomenon Assembly Sideshow

(Open to RP)

Staff
Sideshow Backer and Illusionist -- Renart
Sideshow Manager and Necromancer -- Envoy

Acts and Menagerie
Seer's Apprentice -- Venveigo
Undead Performer -- Ralel
Sword Swallower and Fire Eater -- Lorn

Have a different trick troupe/circus you want to throw in? Great! I'll keep a list here. And feel free to get creative. Have an engineer and a clockwork doll dragon for the freak show? Super! An eerie monstrosity? Awesome! A charming ringleader? Fantastic! A dancer full of dreams? Perfect! A fortune teller with panache? Lovely! Let's have some fun with this and make our dragons (and ourselves) some new friends!
As a sample, here's Vincent, the magician listed above. He also has a pet Flutterbun who likes to hide in his hat. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37953728] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379538/37953728_350.png[/img] [/url]
As a sample, here's Vincent, the magician listed above. He also has a pet Flutterbun who likes to hide in his hat.

37953728_350.png
Claim
Claim
@Cyroluxa
This is a really cool concept! I have a magician in my lair but he doesn't trust others enough to work with them. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work with my clan lore (it's a prison in the Carrion Canyon) but if I figure it out I'll definitely be back. Good luck with your search!
@Cyroluxa
This is a really cool concept! I have a magician in my lair but he doesn't trust others enough to work with them. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work with my clan lore (it's a prison in the Carrion Canyon) but if I figure it out I'll definitely be back. Good luck with your search!
@Trekkie

I'm glad you think so! Feel free to check back every so often, too. If this begins to take off, maybe some of the ideas posted here will inspire you!
@Trekkie

I'm glad you think so! Feel free to check back every so often, too. If this begins to take off, maybe some of the ideas posted here will inspire you!
@Cryoluxa
I actually have a side show of sorts. I would enjoy trying to write shared lore with someone.
Renart: Sideshow Barker/ Illusionist
Venveigo: Seerer's Apprentice/ Sideshow act
Envoy: Necromancer/ Sideshow Manager
Ralel: Undead Preformer
Lorn: Sword Swallower/ Fire Eater
Edit: I got here from the Shadow Wyrm Lore thread and I didn't look at the dates.
@Cryoluxa
I actually have a side show of sorts. I would enjoy trying to write shared lore with someone.
Renart: Sideshow Barker/ Illusionist
Venveigo: Seerer's Apprentice/ Sideshow act
Envoy: Necromancer/ Sideshow Manager
Ralel: Undead Preformer
Lorn: Sword Swallower/ Fire Eater
Edit: I got here from the Shadow Wyrm Lore thread and I didn't look at the dates.
tumblr_p226qhrvXx1x0f6v1o2_250.png
@Quiettale

Oh, don't worry about the dates! I'm more than happy you're interested in this! Should I add your trick troupe/circus to the list? :) I'm currently running something that goes along with this, too, if you'd like to join in, whether as a customer, as a fellow shop owner, or just for some friendly roleplay. :)
@Quiettale

Oh, don't worry about the dates! I'm more than happy you're interested in this! Should I add your trick troupe/circus to the list? :) I'm currently running something that goes along with this, too, if you'd like to join in, whether as a customer, as a fellow shop owner, or just for some friendly roleplay. :)
@Cryoluxa
You can add them to the list. I didn't have a name for them before but I think I'm going to call them "The Phenomenon Assembly Sideshow." I'm always open to roleplay. When I scrounge up some more pinecones I will definitely stop by your shop.
@Cryoluxa
You can add them to the list. I didn't have a name for them before but I think I'm going to call them "The Phenomenon Assembly Sideshow." I'm always open to roleplay. When I scrounge up some more pinecones I will definitely stop by your shop.
tumblr_p226qhrvXx1x0f6v1o2_250.png
@theblackdahlia

Pinging myself so that I can come back later once I have actually finished my circus pair's lore
@theblackdahlia

Pinging myself so that I can come back later once I have actually finished my circus pair's lore
HA_Basic.png
@Quiettale

Alright! Got that list updated for you. Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed.

@theblackdahlia

The more the merrier! Thank you for your interest, and good luck with your circus pair!
@Quiettale

Alright! Got that list updated for you. Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed.

@theblackdahlia

The more the merrier! Thank you for your interest, and good luck with your circus pair!
1 2 3 4