Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Gladehaven Gallery (clan lore/stories)
No replies please. ♥ A storybook thread of writings based around my clan and the dragons within it. I'll add random posts here and there. Just whenever I feel like it, really. ----- [br] [center][font=century][size=7][color=green]Gladehaven Gallery[/size][/color] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2103505][img]https://i.imgur.com/ilbGxlw.png[/img][/url] [size=3][color=green]A collection of short stories and happenings within the Gladehaven.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=black] Across the Everbloom Gardens, through the puddle riddled Gladeveins and into the depths of the Shrieking Wilds, a healthy, growing clan resides peacefully. There's a twinkle in the small amounts of sunlight that falls through the trees of their territory, filling giant tree-house-like nests with warmth and comfort. Each breed of dragon makes their homes in the large, looming ancients. Water from a nearby spring trickles all around the Gladehaven, into and out of their domain, forever providing soft, relaxing noises. The clan is hidden perfectly, safe from most eyes unless they are looking, though the dragons here still catch a stranger or two now and again. In the distance, the clan Patriarch Orik, descends upon the thick canopy of trees, carefully making his way through the branches as best he can without causing much disruption. His bulk makes it hard, but he's grown rather used to being large and ungraceful. In his claws, he clutches items from his outing in the Gardens. Close behind, descending not long after, is Arya, the Matriarch. Her smaller Tundra self much more effectively dives through the plant life without making a scene of it. She too carries goodies and the two dragons make their way to the center of the territory where their hoard resides inside a cave, hidden behind a curtain of vines and flowering branches. When Orik first met Arya, Arya had lived in a cave much like this one. She was all alone and without any real start to her own life. But Orik came alone and their growth since has been immense. Orik recounts their first days there and smiles fondly, a toothy grin of an expression, one that only Guardians are capable of. Arya laughs at his jagged, scary face, only shaking her head. She isn't sure what he's grinning over, but she's glad that the looming Guardian is her own. Their strength as a pair is great and looking out from the cave entrance, Arya finds herself recounting her own memories of their first days together. Happiness ripples through her and she leans herself against her mate's large foreleg. They sit together and watch dragons of their clan bustle about. Some are quiet, some are loud. All are family. ----- [font=century][color=forestgreen][size=6]The Beginning: In The Gladeveins[/size][/color] [size=3][color=darkgreen]How the clan became to be.[/color] [url=https://www.deviantart.com/art/ftu-plant-like-divider-676866184][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/60cb/f/2017/114/d/b/swirly_divider_by_snowbellss-db6zlag.png[/img][/url] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ca73/f/2017/114/6/8/swirly_divider_flipped_by_snowbellss-db6zojy.png[/img] [color=black][size=4] The day was warm and breezy, inviting of chatter and excited wingbeats from the young dragons who would be visiting the other regions of the Viridian Labyrinth for the first time that morning. One particularly hopeful and insightful Guardian male, by the name of Orik, waited patiently as he thought of what life he would choose for himself. The last batch of Nature hatchlings had come of age and were now faced with a very important decision. Branch out and form their own Clan, or choose to join another if the opportunity arose. Orik’s own mother had hoped that he would find his own way, always laying on the pressure of becoming a great dragon of importance, leading his Clan with understanding and nurture, while holding his own firmly in the same sense. Orik was never sure of himself in that manner. He’d always assumed he would be adopted into a clan, like most other dragons were. But on that morning, something new and fantastic would be forged by the flicker of movement underneath one of the many waterfalls of the Gladeveins. As the group of fledglings moved ahead without him, Orik’s eyes fixed on the water falling heavily into a nearby pool. He edged closer, weary and unsure, sensing a presence on the other side of the aquatic curtain. Closer the green Guardian crept, standing out against the cool blue of the water around his feet. A few moments passed, and just as Orik was ready to brush off the odd feeling, a deep caribbean nose burst from the water, sending a splash of cold across Orik’s muzzle. In surprise, the poor male fell back, soaking himself in the pool. A soft chitter of a giggle could be heard from behind as the dragon pulled himself up to stand, shaking off the water. As he turned, a little flustered and annoyed, he saw a beautiful blue Tundra female, her fur soaked from playing in the water pools. It was an odd place to find a Tundra, Orik thought, but she was all alone and smiling a toothy grin. [b]“I am Arya,”[/b] she spoke, bowing her head politely. And so began Orik’s new life, the group of fledgling’s ahead of him completely forgotten. . . . . . . . . Living inside the expansive cave behind Arya’s waterfall, Orik and Arya began their protection over the Gladepools in their territory. Arya sparked a new passion in Orik, that of respecting the Gladekeeper’s gift that is their precious homeland. As their clan grew, Arya and Orik spread their knowledge in nurturing the land and helping it to thrive. Dragon’s of the Gladepool Nurturers make homes in the trees around the pools and practice their understanding of nature and it’s properties to grow stronger each day. Each type of dragon brings a new understanding when welcomed, keeping a delicate balance to the harmony that Orik and Arya maintain. ----- [u][font=century][size=4][color=forestgreen]Further Contents: [/u] [font=century][size=7][color=forestgreen][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2332893/1#post_36656276]To Depart[/size][/color][/url] [size=3][color=green]The decision to move from the Gladeveins.
No replies please. ♥

A storybook thread of writings based around my clan and the dragons within it. I'll add random posts here and there. Just whenever I feel like it, really.

Gladehaven Gallery
ilbGxlw.png
A collection of short stories and happenings within the Gladehaven.

Across the Everbloom Gardens, through the puddle riddled Gladeveins and into the depths of the Shrieking Wilds, a healthy, growing clan resides peacefully. There's a twinkle in the small amounts of sunlight that falls through the trees of their territory, filling giant tree-house-like nests with warmth and comfort. Each breed of dragon makes their homes in the large, looming ancients. Water from a nearby spring trickles all around the Gladehaven, into and out of their domain, forever providing soft, relaxing noises. The clan is hidden perfectly, safe from most eyes unless they are looking, though the dragons here still catch a stranger or two now and again.

In the distance, the clan Patriarch Orik, descends upon the thick canopy of trees, carefully making his way through the branches as best he can without causing much disruption. His bulk makes it hard, but he's grown rather used to being large and ungraceful. In his claws, he clutches items from his outing in the Gardens. Close behind, descending not long after, is Arya, the Matriarch. Her smaller Tundra self much more effectively dives through the plant life without making a scene of it. She too carries goodies and the two dragons make their way to the center of the territory where their hoard resides inside a cave, hidden behind a curtain of vines and flowering branches. When Orik first met Arya, Arya had lived in a cave much like this one. She was all alone and without any real start to her own life. But Orik came alone and their growth since has been immense.

Orik recounts their first days there and smiles fondly, a toothy grin of an expression, one that only Guardians are capable of. Arya laughs at his jagged, scary face, only shaking her head. She isn't sure what he's grinning over, but she's glad that the looming Guardian is her own. Their strength as a pair is great and looking out from the cave entrance, Arya finds herself recounting her own memories of their first days together. Happiness ripples through her and she leans herself against her mate's large foreleg. They sit together and watch dragons of their clan bustle about. Some are quiet, some are loud. All are family.

The Beginning: In The Gladeveins
How the clan became to be.

swirly_divider_by_snowbellss-db6zlag.png swirly_divider_flipped_by_snowbellss-db6zojy.png

The day was warm and breezy, inviting of chatter and excited wingbeats from the young dragons who would be visiting the other regions of the Viridian Labyrinth for the first time that morning. One particularly hopeful and insightful Guardian male, by the name of Orik, waited patiently as he thought of what life he would choose for himself.

The last batch of Nature hatchlings had come of age and were now faced with a very important decision. Branch out and form their own Clan, or choose to join another if the opportunity arose.

Orik’s own mother had hoped that he would find his own way, always laying on the pressure of becoming a great dragon of importance, leading his Clan with understanding and nurture, while holding his own firmly in the same sense. Orik was never sure of himself in that manner. He’d always assumed he would be adopted into a clan, like most other dragons were. But on that morning, something new and fantastic would be forged by the flicker of movement underneath one of the many waterfalls of the Gladeveins.

As the group of fledglings moved ahead without him, Orik’s eyes fixed on the water falling heavily into a nearby pool. He edged closer, weary and unsure, sensing a presence on the other side of the aquatic curtain. Closer the green Guardian crept, standing out against the cool blue of the water around his feet. A few moments passed, and just as Orik was ready to brush off the odd feeling, a deep caribbean nose burst from the water, sending a splash of cold across Orik’s muzzle. In surprise, the poor male fell back, soaking himself in the pool.

A soft chitter of a giggle could be heard from behind as the dragon pulled himself up to stand, shaking off the water. As he turned, a little flustered and annoyed, he saw a beautiful blue Tundra female, her fur soaked from playing in the water pools. It was an odd place to find a Tundra, Orik thought, but she was all alone and smiling a toothy grin.

“I am Arya,” she spoke, bowing her head politely. And so began Orik’s new life, the group of fledgling’s ahead of him completely forgotten.

. . . . . . . .

Living inside the expansive cave behind Arya’s waterfall, Orik and Arya began their protection over the Gladepools in their territory. Arya sparked a new passion in Orik, that of respecting the Gladekeeper’s gift that is their precious homeland. As their clan grew, Arya and Orik spread their knowledge in nurturing the land and helping it to thrive. Dragon’s of the Gladepool Nurturers make homes in the trees around the pools and practice their understanding of nature and it’s properties to grow stronger each day. Each type of dragon brings a new understanding when welcomed, keeping a delicate balance to the harmony that Orik and Arya maintain.

Further Contents:

To Depart
The decision to move from the Gladeveins.
swirly_divider_by_snowbellss-db6zlag.png Eri | she/her | pan | fr+2
i aspire to be a hobbit
♥ books, coffee&tea, cats ♥
adopt shopsubspecies
swirly_divider_flipped_by_snowbellss-db6zojy.png
"E ilo?"
Walpurgis jerked her head up from it's resting place atop her folded forelegs, her breathing a bit rushed and shaky. Her eyes darted around, searching the dark, trying to make out the other hulking shape that was her mate. A flicker of movement spooked her as the other Guardian moved closer, rustling a leaf or two in their large nest.

"Something wrong, Wal?" Eilo asked gently, nuzzling his head over the top of hers. She buried her face against the length of his neck as she nuzzled back, appreciating his presence greatly as she always did when her dreams woke her in the middle of the night.

"Another nightmare. A particularly...intense one this time."

Walpurgis shut her eyes tightly as she tried to forget the frightening images of her Plague clan-mother coming at her with bared teeth and jagged sharp claws. It sent a shudder down her spine as she pushed the thought away with effort, unsure if she would ever get back to sleep for the night. The male Guardian shushed and cooed, helping his mate to relax at least a little. He was the only thing that could calm her nerves during these times. The female wasn't sure what she would ever do without Eilo.

"Deep breaths, love. Nice and slow. There you go. Come here," he gestured, giving a nudge with his front foot. He turned his side to her and lifted the wing that was facing her. The female was slightly smaller than him, making it easy to nestle against his side as he draped the wing over her gently. The two lay with their heads leaned against one another, Walpurgis' breathing slowed and her body relaxed. It would be some time before she fell back asleep, but the Guardian beside her made her feel safe while she gazed up at the stars through the holes in the treetops. It was a crisp night, the breeze being cool enough to keep the dragons of the clans sleeping closer together than normal in their nests as it was.

"Better?" Eilo asked gently, watching as his mate nodded slowly. There was a humming that came from deep in his throat as he nuzzled Walpurgis' muzzle affectionately. He knew she would be awake for some time, and he was prepared to stay awake as long as she was restless. Together they watched the stars without exchanging another word. There was a mutual silence shared between them in these moments, which to every other dragon in the clan, was part of the reason the two were so good together.
"E ilo?"
Walpurgis jerked her head up from it's resting place atop her folded forelegs, her breathing a bit rushed and shaky. Her eyes darted around, searching the dark, trying to make out the other hulking shape that was her mate. A flicker of movement spooked her as the other Guardian moved closer, rustling a leaf or two in their large nest.

"Something wrong, Wal?" Eilo asked gently, nuzzling his head over the top of hers. She buried her face against the length of his neck as she nuzzled back, appreciating his presence greatly as she always did when her dreams woke her in the middle of the night.

"Another nightmare. A particularly...intense one this time."

Walpurgis shut her eyes tightly as she tried to forget the frightening images of her Plague clan-mother coming at her with bared teeth and jagged sharp claws. It sent a shudder down her spine as she pushed the thought away with effort, unsure if she would ever get back to sleep for the night. The male Guardian shushed and cooed, helping his mate to relax at least a little. He was the only thing that could calm her nerves during these times. The female wasn't sure what she would ever do without Eilo.

"Deep breaths, love. Nice and slow. There you go. Come here," he gestured, giving a nudge with his front foot. He turned his side to her and lifted the wing that was facing her. The female was slightly smaller than him, making it easy to nestle against his side as he draped the wing over her gently. The two lay with their heads leaned against one another, Walpurgis' breathing slowed and her body relaxed. It would be some time before she fell back asleep, but the Guardian beside her made her feel safe while she gazed up at the stars through the holes in the treetops. It was a crisp night, the breeze being cool enough to keep the dragons of the clans sleeping closer together than normal in their nests as it was.

"Better?" Eilo asked gently, watching as his mate nodded slowly. There was a humming that came from deep in his throat as he nuzzled Walpurgis' muzzle affectionately. He knew she would be awake for some time, and he was prepared to stay awake as long as she was restless. Together they watched the stars without exchanging another word. There was a mutual silence shared between them in these moments, which to every other dragon in the clan, was part of the reason the two were so good together.
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies
[center][font=century][size=6]T[/size][size=4]he sun was shining brightly one morning as Artio sniffed and pampered a bed of roses planted alongside Vivecca's gardens. The large blue guardian gave a quiet nod when the pearlcatcher had come into view. The two females didn't exchange many words in the mornings, simply because they saved their words for the plants. [b]"Good morning, lovelies,"[/b] Artio cooed, examining the mature blooms of a lily shoot, the broad leaves brushing against her forelegs as she reached. She felt a pang of sadness from them and put her watering can to good use, showering the flowers in a nice drink of water. [b]"There we go, water to raise your spirits, and your leaves. Ah, looks like this one is ready for picking." [/b] She used her sharp claw to quickly cut the stem of a rose and placed it in a basket strapped to her hip, among other blooms that were ready to be made into another of her wonderful bouquets. Just as Artio was about to turn her attention to the newly blooming bed of Carnaval Tulips, a scent drifted past her nose in the air that she didn't recognize. A dragon, male, who smelled of roses. That much she could tell, which alarmed her to the fact that he must spend a lot of time around them. She turned her head in the direction that the scent came from and her ears perked slightly. At the edge of the gardens, a tundra sat, all white like herself and beautiful in his own, masculine way. Once he saw that she had noticed him and wasn't busy, he stepped forward confidently, nodding to Vivecca as he passed her. The scent of roses became ever stronger as the tundra approached, to Artio's surprise. His voice was calm and even when he spoke. [b] "Hello, my dear. Sorry to intrude, I mean no harm. I've spoken with your clan's patriarch some time ago about visiting a time or two. I've heard many wonderful words about your florist talents and I needed to come see for myself. Ah, excuse me, I've forgotten my manners. I'm Ivan. I hope that you are indeed Artio, yes?" [/b] The poor little pearlcatcher didn't know what to say. Her heart raced as she sat longer and longer without replying. She wasn't used to receiving so many kind words from strangers. And it didn't help that [i]this[/i] stranger was stunning. The scent of her favorite flower was enough to make her admire him for ages. After another moment or two, she had to shake her head to find her words. [b]"U-uhm, yes, Artio. That's me! I'm so glad that you've heard such kindness in my favor. I wasn't really aware that so many spoke of my little crafts."[/b] [b]"Oh, but dear! Not just crafts! Your arrangements are beautiful pieces of art. You should be sending them off, all over Sornieth." [/b] While he spoke, Ivan walked around the pearlcatcher to admire the rose bed behind her. They were in full bloom, as it was mid-spring and the weather had been favorable for them, however Vivecca was the one responsible for their well-being. Artio only visited and watered them when she harvested blooms for her work. She followed his movements and for the first time, admired the red scarf and feathers he wore. He truly was a very handsome fellow. Artio had never really considered many males in her clan to be attractive in such a way yet. [b]"What flower do you enjoy best?"[/b] He asked suddenly, throwing her from her thoughts again. It took her another moment to reply as she thought of all the kinds she had used before. [b]"I do really love the Dayglo Thresh. The glow it puts off is warm and it makes me smile. But pink roses would definitely be my second favorite."[/b] Ivan smiled and eyed her as she answered, which made her a little nervous. She'd never really been considered by the males in her clan any more than she had considered them. It felt odd to be looked at in such a fashion. [b]"I have a wonderful collection of flowers, if you'd like to come visit,"[/b] he offered, making her eyes light up. [b]"Oh, really? What kinds? What colors? I'd love to expand our beds here but we don't really have the extra space yet and--ah..yes, I'd love to come."[/b] Ivan's smile grew and he began to walk away, beckoning her with his paw. Artio hadn't expected to leave so soon, but she followed eagerly anyway, catching a playful grin from Vivecca on the way out of the gardens. [b]"Oh! But first, if you don't mind, I've got to take this back to my nest. They need water,"[/b] the pearlcatcher pointed out, gesturing to the flowers she'd harvested. Ivan gave a little chuckle and nodded, pushing her forward to lead the way. With a small blush dusting her cheeks, Artio smiled and babbled on about flowers with Ivan as they walked. ----- [font=century][size=4] Vivecca was tending to a row of Cindermint when Alaria came sauntering into her gardens. Her heartbeat quickened when the guardian approached, offering her a Black Tulip. The sweet aroma of the flower softened Vivecca's anxiety and she plucked it from Alaria's grasp, the other guardian having been holding it in her mouth. Vivecca blushed bashfully as she turned away to munch on the yummy bloom. [b]"Good morning, Viv,"[/b] Alaria greeted afterward, giving a sweet smile. [b]"Did you see Artio leaving with that new fellow? I've never seen him before. She looked awfully excited." [/b] Vivecca grinned at the use of Alaria's nickname for her and nodded, plucking weeds away from the row of Cindermint. [b]"His name is Ivan. I've heard talk of him before. Apparently, he's quite the charmer. And from what I know, simply adores his flowerbeds full of roses. I think they'll get along nicely. Artio will be pleasantly surprised."[/b] The two dragons giggled and despite being known for not ever wanting to get dirty, Alaria set aside her flashy apparels to help Vivecca with her gardening for the morning. ----- [center][font=century][size=4] Plants mentioned: [item=cindermint] [item=carnaval tulip] [item=dayglo thresh] [item=pale pink rose] [font=century][size=5][color=darkred]Dragons Featured: @KageAyama 's Ivan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31571676] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315717/31571676_350.png[/img] [/url]
The sun was shining brightly one morning as Artio sniffed and pampered a bed of roses planted alongside Vivecca's gardens. The large blue guardian gave a quiet nod when the pearlcatcher had come into view. The two females didn't exchange many words in the mornings, simply because they saved their words for the plants.

"Good morning, lovelies," Artio cooed, examining the mature blooms of a lily shoot, the broad leaves brushing against her forelegs as she reached. She felt a pang of sadness from them and put her watering can to good use, showering the flowers in a nice drink of water. "There we go, water to raise your spirits, and your leaves. Ah, looks like this one is ready for picking."

She used her sharp claw to quickly cut the stem of a rose and placed it in a basket strapped to her hip, among other blooms that were ready to be made into another of her wonderful bouquets.

Just as Artio was about to turn her attention to the newly blooming bed of Carnaval Tulips, a scent drifted past her nose in the air that she didn't recognize. A dragon, male, who smelled of roses. That much she could tell, which alarmed her to the fact that he must spend a lot of time around them. She turned her head in the direction that the scent came from and her ears perked slightly.

At the edge of the gardens, a tundra sat, all white like herself and beautiful in his own, masculine way. Once he saw that she had noticed him and wasn't busy, he stepped forward confidently, nodding to Vivecca as he passed her. The scent of roses became ever stronger as the tundra approached, to Artio's surprise. His voice was calm and even when he spoke.

"Hello, my dear. Sorry to intrude, I mean no harm. I've spoken with your clan's patriarch some time ago about visiting a time or two. I've heard many wonderful words about your florist talents and I needed to come see for myself. Ah, excuse me, I've forgotten my manners. I'm Ivan. I hope that you are indeed Artio, yes?"

The poor little pearlcatcher didn't know what to say. Her heart raced as she sat longer and longer without replying. She wasn't used to receiving so many kind words from strangers. And it didn't help that this stranger was stunning. The scent of her favorite flower was enough to make her admire him for ages. After another moment or two, she had to shake her head to find her words.

"U-uhm, yes, Artio. That's me! I'm so glad that you've heard such kindness in my favor. I wasn't really aware that so many spoke of my little crafts."

"Oh, but dear! Not just crafts! Your arrangements are beautiful pieces of art. You should be sending them off, all over Sornieth."

While he spoke, Ivan walked around the pearlcatcher to admire the rose bed behind her. They were in full bloom, as it was mid-spring and the weather had been favorable for them, however Vivecca was the one responsible for their well-being. Artio only visited and watered them when she harvested blooms for her work. She followed his movements and for the first time, admired the red scarf and feathers he wore. He truly was a very handsome fellow. Artio had never really considered many males in her clan to be attractive in such a way yet.

"What flower do you enjoy best?" He asked suddenly, throwing her from her thoughts again. It took her another moment to reply as she thought of all the kinds she had used before.

"I do really love the Dayglo Thresh. The glow it puts off is warm and it makes me smile. But pink roses would definitely be my second favorite."

Ivan smiled and eyed her as she answered, which made her a little nervous. She'd never really been considered by the males in her clan any more than she had considered them. It felt odd to be looked at in such a fashion.

"I have a wonderful collection of flowers, if you'd like to come visit," he offered, making her eyes light up.

"Oh, really? What kinds? What colors? I'd love to expand our beds here but we don't really have the extra space yet and--ah..yes, I'd love to come."

Ivan's smile grew and he began to walk away, beckoning her with his paw. Artio hadn't expected to leave so soon, but she followed eagerly anyway, catching a playful grin from Vivecca on the way out of the gardens.

"Oh! But first, if you don't mind, I've got to take this back to my nest. They need water," the pearlcatcher pointed out, gesturing to the flowers she'd harvested. Ivan gave a little chuckle and nodded, pushing her forward to lead the way. With a small blush dusting her cheeks, Artio smiled and babbled on about flowers with Ivan as they walked.

Vivecca was tending to a row of Cindermint when Alaria came sauntering into her gardens. Her heartbeat quickened when the guardian approached, offering her a Black Tulip. The sweet aroma of the flower softened Vivecca's anxiety and she plucked it from Alaria's grasp, the other guardian having been holding it in her mouth. Vivecca blushed bashfully as she turned away to munch on the yummy bloom.

"Good morning, Viv," Alaria greeted afterward, giving a sweet smile. "Did you see Artio leaving with that new fellow? I've never seen him before. She looked awfully excited."

Vivecca grinned at the use of Alaria's nickname for her and nodded, plucking weeds away from the row of Cindermint.

"His name is Ivan. I've heard talk of him before. Apparently, he's quite the charmer. And from what I know, simply adores his flowerbeds full of roses. I think they'll get along nicely. Artio will be pleasantly surprised."

The two dragons giggled and despite being known for not ever wanting to get dirty, Alaria set aside her flashy apparels to help Vivecca with her gardening for the morning.

Plants mentioned:
Cindermint Carnaval Tulip Dayglo Thresh Pale Pink Rose

Dragons Featured:
@KageAyama 's Ivan

31571676_350.png
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies
Shimmer tried not to giggle as she hid underneath a rather large fern. She was almost perfectly concealed, the giant plant being mature and one that had blessed their territory for many years before their clan had even been established. Her eyes followed little pattering feet across the forest floor from a small gap in the foliage. Several hatchlings, a mirror, guardian and pearlcatcher, all stopped and sniffed at the air, searching for the tundra's scent. Each of their heads turned in different directions and all three ran in different directions, insisting they knew precisely where she'd be. It warmed her heart.

"I'm telling you, I smelled her this way!" The spunky little guardian female cried, waving the others to follow even though neither were still standing behind her. When she finally noticed, she turned and her fins collapsed against her chest as confusion replaced excitement. "Guuuys? Where'd you go?" She yelled out to the forest around her.

"Ower hewe!" The mirror called out, his backside wiggling out from under another shrub a few feet away. His mouth was clasped around a rather large dead mouse, which made the guardian hatchling shrink back in disgust.

"Come on man, that's disgusting. You're gonna eat that?"

"Awe yew kidding?" He accused, suddenly tossing the carcass in her direction. She let out a weird gasping noise that could only be described as a squeal for a guardian, jumping away from it.

"Gross! What's wrong with you?" She yelled at him, her chest fins raised in a little burst of anger. The mirror only laughed and rolled on his back at the female.

Shimmer smiled at the two and suddenly remembered that she hadn't heard the pearlcatcher's voice in quite a few minutes. Her eyes searched from her hiding spot across the clearing that the other hatchlings could clearly be seen in. A small panic rose in her chest as she realized she might've let the little one wander too far for her to keep an eye on. Just before she was about to reveal herself to the other two, something smooth and cold rolled through the grass to tap against her foot. She looked down to see the smallest little dragon's pearl and froze.

"Gotcha!!"

A tiny pearlcatcher hatchling came jumping through the foliage at her, just in time for the tundra to catch her. The two of them started giggling like mad, Shimmer tickling at the pearlcatcher's sides.

"You got me, you got me!" She teased, the other two hatchlings running up at the sudden commotion.

"No fair, Seer distracted me!" The little guardian whined. Shimmer smiled and gathered each hatchling into a large hug and patted all their heads once with her paw.

"Oh, come now, it's all in good fun. How's about we go find some lunch? Seer, you could probably use a bath. How many times have I told you? You're not supposed to sniff out dead things anymore. Remember when you got sick that one time?"

The mirror shrank back a bit at the thought and nodded.

"Sorry Shimmer. I wont do it again, I promise!"

"Good, good. Now off you go, all of you! I'll be right behind."

She smiled as they all bounded off in the direction of home, the mirror hatchling stopping to consider taking his prize home and quickly deciding against it.
Shimmer tried not to giggle as she hid underneath a rather large fern. She was almost perfectly concealed, the giant plant being mature and one that had blessed their territory for many years before their clan had even been established. Her eyes followed little pattering feet across the forest floor from a small gap in the foliage. Several hatchlings, a mirror, guardian and pearlcatcher, all stopped and sniffed at the air, searching for the tundra's scent. Each of their heads turned in different directions and all three ran in different directions, insisting they knew precisely where she'd be. It warmed her heart.

"I'm telling you, I smelled her this way!" The spunky little guardian female cried, waving the others to follow even though neither were still standing behind her. When she finally noticed, she turned and her fins collapsed against her chest as confusion replaced excitement. "Guuuys? Where'd you go?" She yelled out to the forest around her.

"Ower hewe!" The mirror called out, his backside wiggling out from under another shrub a few feet away. His mouth was clasped around a rather large dead mouse, which made the guardian hatchling shrink back in disgust.

"Come on man, that's disgusting. You're gonna eat that?"

"Awe yew kidding?" He accused, suddenly tossing the carcass in her direction. She let out a weird gasping noise that could only be described as a squeal for a guardian, jumping away from it.

"Gross! What's wrong with you?" She yelled at him, her chest fins raised in a little burst of anger. The mirror only laughed and rolled on his back at the female.

Shimmer smiled at the two and suddenly remembered that she hadn't heard the pearlcatcher's voice in quite a few minutes. Her eyes searched from her hiding spot across the clearing that the other hatchlings could clearly be seen in. A small panic rose in her chest as she realized she might've let the little one wander too far for her to keep an eye on. Just before she was about to reveal herself to the other two, something smooth and cold rolled through the grass to tap against her foot. She looked down to see the smallest little dragon's pearl and froze.

"Gotcha!!"

A tiny pearlcatcher hatchling came jumping through the foliage at her, just in time for the tundra to catch her. The two of them started giggling like mad, Shimmer tickling at the pearlcatcher's sides.

"You got me, you got me!" She teased, the other two hatchlings running up at the sudden commotion.

"No fair, Seer distracted me!" The little guardian whined. Shimmer smiled and gathered each hatchling into a large hug and patted all their heads once with her paw.

"Oh, come now, it's all in good fun. How's about we go find some lunch? Seer, you could probably use a bath. How many times have I told you? You're not supposed to sniff out dead things anymore. Remember when you got sick that one time?"

The mirror shrank back a bit at the thought and nodded.

"Sorry Shimmer. I wont do it again, I promise!"

"Good, good. Now off you go, all of you! I'll be right behind."

She smiled as they all bounded off in the direction of home, the mirror hatchling stopping to consider taking his prize home and quickly deciding against it.
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies
There was a rather loud, thunderous crashing and clashing that could be heard through the trees one morning, just after sunrise. It was familiar to most dragons in the clan, and only disliked by a few. It was the sounds of the Warrior's Circle sparring, as they always did every morning at sunrise. Each of the dragons, all sworn to protect their clan with their physical strengths, took pride in making sure they were always in shape for a fight.

Two particular dragons, Kes and Beira, fought with all the ferocity that two large, strong guardian females could. They never fought rough enough to seriously injure one another, for that put them at risk of not being fit to protect. But no dragon from the Warrior's Circle left the morning sparring sessions without a few new bruises or scrapes.

"Feeling a bit slow this morning, love?" Kes teased, just having tumbled out of a scrapping with her mate, Beira. The other lighter colored female smirked and shook her head slowly, not saying a word. She only stalked her way around Kes, the two of them sizing each other up before one of them dove back in for the other, always looking to be the winner of their morning routines.

This morning, it seemed that Beira was a little slower than usual. Her reflexes weren't as sharp as most mornings, causing a bit of concern for Kes. As much as she hated to admit it, Beira was always besting Kes in battle. She was the only other dragon that could beat her, which was part of the reason Kes had fallen for her so heavily.

"Just warming up, darling," Beira finally murmured, a sinister grin brushing her guardian muzzle as she suddenly pounced, her looming frame colliding into Kes. The darker female roared with glorious bliss for the fight, rolling on the ground with her mate as they both fought for the upper hand. After a few minutes of failed attempts, Beira pinned Kes to the ground with a final thump, the two of them breathing hard.

Clapping erupted from all around them, causing Kes and Beira to finally look up and realize they had an audience the whole time. Many dragons from the clan had gathered round, those who were always up early. Amara and Artio, Ebrillwen, Firefly and Kalira. A bit embarrassed, the two guardians untangled themselves from each other and smiled around at everyone, including ever other member of their Circle.

"Right then, good job as always, everyone. Dismissed," Kes announced, all the other warriors bowing their heads before gathering their stuff to disperse from the training area. Beira and Kes exchanged timid glances but they both smiled and shared a small nuzzle before anyone else could see.
There was a rather loud, thunderous crashing and clashing that could be heard through the trees one morning, just after sunrise. It was familiar to most dragons in the clan, and only disliked by a few. It was the sounds of the Warrior's Circle sparring, as they always did every morning at sunrise. Each of the dragons, all sworn to protect their clan with their physical strengths, took pride in making sure they were always in shape for a fight.

Two particular dragons, Kes and Beira, fought with all the ferocity that two large, strong guardian females could. They never fought rough enough to seriously injure one another, for that put them at risk of not being fit to protect. But no dragon from the Warrior's Circle left the morning sparring sessions without a few new bruises or scrapes.

"Feeling a bit slow this morning, love?" Kes teased, just having tumbled out of a scrapping with her mate, Beira. The other lighter colored female smirked and shook her head slowly, not saying a word. She only stalked her way around Kes, the two of them sizing each other up before one of them dove back in for the other, always looking to be the winner of their morning routines.

This morning, it seemed that Beira was a little slower than usual. Her reflexes weren't as sharp as most mornings, causing a bit of concern for Kes. As much as she hated to admit it, Beira was always besting Kes in battle. She was the only other dragon that could beat her, which was part of the reason Kes had fallen for her so heavily.

"Just warming up, darling," Beira finally murmured, a sinister grin brushing her guardian muzzle as she suddenly pounced, her looming frame colliding into Kes. The darker female roared with glorious bliss for the fight, rolling on the ground with her mate as they both fought for the upper hand. After a few minutes of failed attempts, Beira pinned Kes to the ground with a final thump, the two of them breathing hard.

Clapping erupted from all around them, causing Kes and Beira to finally look up and realize they had an audience the whole time. Many dragons from the clan had gathered round, those who were always up early. Amara and Artio, Ebrillwen, Firefly and Kalira. A bit embarrassed, the two guardians untangled themselves from each other and smiled around at everyone, including ever other member of their Circle.

"Right then, good job as always, everyone. Dismissed," Kes announced, all the other warriors bowing their heads before gathering their stuff to disperse from the training area. Beira and Kes exchanged timid glances but they both smiled and shared a small nuzzle before anyone else could see.
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies

It was late in the night, the crickets and small frogs singing their songs as fireflies floated by, blinking their messages to each other. Orion, a large, blue tundra, was scribbling on a piece of parchment among many that were splayed across his tiny folding table. A shining telescope, accented in expensive gold, stood sturdily a few feet away. It pointed up into the expansive amount of stars, zoomed in to bring them closer to Orion's inspections. He mused and contemplated over a constellation he'd never seen before. It was farther out than most in the sky, meaning it couldn't quite be seen by the naked eye. It fascinated Orion when he first discovered it the night before, but it had been so late that he'd decided to put off mapping it until tonight.

The new constellation was tricky. It took him a few tries to spy it out again after returning to the spot as soon as dusk gave way into the first darkness of the night. Orion was a master astronomer by now, however, which made it easier for him to pick out the constellation compared to the efforts of amateur's. He beamed with pride when it came into the view of his telescope once more, and as a result, he was hard at work configuring it's location into his religiously updated maps of the stars.

"You thought you could hide from me, ha!" He burst out at the sky above, giving the universe beyond a devilish grin.

A giggle erupted behind him, quiet enough not to wake any dragons sleeping nearby. Orion jumped, embarrassed that he had been heard, and hurried to turn around, nearly knocking over his expensive telescope in the process with his tail.

"W-who are---oh, Crescent. H-hello," he stuttered, surprised to see the pretty, crackled tundra female. Her fancy gilded apparels sparkled and glinted against the moonlight, making her twice as pretty as she was in the daylight. Orion flushed underneath all his fluff. He'd admired her for some time now, but he never had the courage to make conversation.

"Good evening, Orion. Or, I suppose I should say good night. It is a wonderful night tonight, is it not? The moon is so beautiful when she's full and shining strong."

Orion thought her use of word was interesting, as he'd never really considered gendering the moon. However as he thought it over while glancing up at the same moon Crescent admired, he nodded to himself. The moon had a very soft, feminine beauty. But, did that mean the other tundra considered the sun male? What a tragic love story that would be.

"Are you mapping more stars?" Crescent inquired, striding up to peak at his charts all splayed out on the tiny folding table. It took Orion a moment to find his voice again when their eyes met.

"A-ah, yes, yes indeed. There's a new, ahem, a new constellation up there. W-well, it's always been there, but I-I'm just now seeing it for myself, so, of course I had to map it--."

He cut himself off, as he realized he was not only rambling but starting to mumble to himself as well.

"Uhm...forgive me. Long story short, yes, I was mapping a newly discovered constellation."

Crescent giggled again and sat back on her haunches, all of her gilded beauty glinting again in the moonlight. The gold of her apparels matched the gold of his telescope and he felt himself flush again at her beauty, looking down at his charts to distract himself.

"May I?" She asked, gesturing toward the telescope. Bleu glanced over and fumbled slightly with the eyepiece to match it to her height.

"There you go."

The female tundra smiled and peaked into the telescope and searched for a moment before gasping softly.

"Oh, how wonderful. What'll you call it? It's a rather odd shape, very complicated. It reminds me of a willow's branches."

She moved away from the telescope then and smiled up at Bleu. He was frozen, staring down at the beaming little female.

"Orion? Would you like to go for a walk when you're finished with this new constellation?"

Orion looked down, embarrassed that he hadn't answered her first question to begin with, and nodded slowly. He was hoping maybe she'd ask, for he knew that she always took a long walk every night before going to bed again. She never really slept, she just napped...a lot. But Orion admired that oddness about her as well. She was just wonderfully odd.

"I'll meet you at the edge of the Gardens then?"

Orion nodded again and Crescent smiled, touching her snout to his gently before continuing on her walk. Orion watched after her, almost tempted to leave behind all of his work to blow away in the night wind.

It was late in the night, the crickets and small frogs singing their songs as fireflies floated by, blinking their messages to each other. Orion, a large, blue tundra, was scribbling on a piece of parchment among many that were splayed across his tiny folding table. A shining telescope, accented in expensive gold, stood sturdily a few feet away. It pointed up into the expansive amount of stars, zoomed in to bring them closer to Orion's inspections. He mused and contemplated over a constellation he'd never seen before. It was farther out than most in the sky, meaning it couldn't quite be seen by the naked eye. It fascinated Orion when he first discovered it the night before, but it had been so late that he'd decided to put off mapping it until tonight.

The new constellation was tricky. It took him a few tries to spy it out again after returning to the spot as soon as dusk gave way into the first darkness of the night. Orion was a master astronomer by now, however, which made it easier for him to pick out the constellation compared to the efforts of amateur's. He beamed with pride when it came into the view of his telescope once more, and as a result, he was hard at work configuring it's location into his religiously updated maps of the stars.

"You thought you could hide from me, ha!" He burst out at the sky above, giving the universe beyond a devilish grin.

A giggle erupted behind him, quiet enough not to wake any dragons sleeping nearby. Orion jumped, embarrassed that he had been heard, and hurried to turn around, nearly knocking over his expensive telescope in the process with his tail.

"W-who are---oh, Crescent. H-hello," he stuttered, surprised to see the pretty, crackled tundra female. Her fancy gilded apparels sparkled and glinted against the moonlight, making her twice as pretty as she was in the daylight. Orion flushed underneath all his fluff. He'd admired her for some time now, but he never had the courage to make conversation.

"Good evening, Orion. Or, I suppose I should say good night. It is a wonderful night tonight, is it not? The moon is so beautiful when she's full and shining strong."

Orion thought her use of word was interesting, as he'd never really considered gendering the moon. However as he thought it over while glancing up at the same moon Crescent admired, he nodded to himself. The moon had a very soft, feminine beauty. But, did that mean the other tundra considered the sun male? What a tragic love story that would be.

"Are you mapping more stars?" Crescent inquired, striding up to peak at his charts all splayed out on the tiny folding table. It took Orion a moment to find his voice again when their eyes met.

"A-ah, yes, yes indeed. There's a new, ahem, a new constellation up there. W-well, it's always been there, but I-I'm just now seeing it for myself, so, of course I had to map it--."

He cut himself off, as he realized he was not only rambling but starting to mumble to himself as well.

"Uhm...forgive me. Long story short, yes, I was mapping a newly discovered constellation."

Crescent giggled again and sat back on her haunches, all of her gilded beauty glinting again in the moonlight. The gold of her apparels matched the gold of his telescope and he felt himself flush again at her beauty, looking down at his charts to distract himself.

"May I?" She asked, gesturing toward the telescope. Bleu glanced over and fumbled slightly with the eyepiece to match it to her height.

"There you go."

The female tundra smiled and peaked into the telescope and searched for a moment before gasping softly.

"Oh, how wonderful. What'll you call it? It's a rather odd shape, very complicated. It reminds me of a willow's branches."

She moved away from the telescope then and smiled up at Bleu. He was frozen, staring down at the beaming little female.

"Orion? Would you like to go for a walk when you're finished with this new constellation?"

Orion looked down, embarrassed that he hadn't answered her first question to begin with, and nodded slowly. He was hoping maybe she'd ask, for he knew that she always took a long walk every night before going to bed again. She never really slept, she just napped...a lot. But Orion admired that oddness about her as well. She was just wonderfully odd.

"I'll meet you at the edge of the Gardens then?"

Orion nodded again and Crescent smiled, touching her snout to his gently before continuing on her walk. Orion watched after her, almost tempted to leave behind all of his work to blow away in the night wind.
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies
[center][font=century][color=black] Part One [b][size=6]"L[/size][size=4]adies and gentledragons, step on up, come on in! Drop in your donation and have a seat inside! Magical and mysterious wonders await you!" [/b] [size=4] Charlie, a little fae with a big personality, eyed the towering guardian female that was shouting outside of a smallish tent. Her voice wasn’t obnoxious but smooth like honey and the tent was colorful and round, with a big pointed cone of a center reaching into the sky above. Charlie was intrigued. He’d never come across anything like this in his exploring. What exactly...is it, even? [b]“Ah, you there! How are you sir? Care to join everyone here for a spectacular show?” [/b] The guardian had spotted him lingering while she ushered in a skydancer who’d just dropped a handful of treasure into a black top hat that the guardian was holding. [b]“Uh...sorry, uhm...a show?” [/b] Suddenly the female was draping a large wing over him, sweeping his much smaller body to the side while opening the entrance flap. It took him a moment to catch his breath after being startled like so. [b]“You see, friend? It’s a magic show, dear, and a very magical one indeed. The Magnificent Moonstone is tricking up an uproar of a crowd. You can join in too, but--”[/b] she cut herself off, letting the tent door fall again, [b]“only for a generous donation.” [/b] Charlie eyed her suspiciously, not really sure what to think. She seemed charming enough, and her eyes batted at him almost seductively. She held out the top hat for him and it took him another minute to decide he had nothing to lose besides a few treasure. He produced a little pouch and dropped ten treasure pieces into the top hat. The guardian exploded with a melodic laugh and thanked him before sweeping him inside the tent. After his eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness, he looked all around at the other dragons waiting anxiously for their promised show. There were more than he expected, of all different breeds. He lifted himself into the air and fluttered down to seat himself beside a pair of dragons who chattered excitedly. [b]“Do you think they’ll use their actual powers?” [/b]The wildclaw asked the fae. The smaller dragon just shrugged, as if he were bored already. [b]“I think it’s a big hoax. Why’d you have to get us dragged into this? It was a waste of treasure.” [/b] Just then, a ring of lights began to come to life, surrounding a stage in the middle of the tent. All the talking inside hushed slowly and all eyes were focused downward. No one was on the stage. In fact, nothing was there besides a black top hat that looked rather similar to the one the guardian at the entrance had been holding. A few moments dragged by and the atmosphere in the room became very tense. Charlie began to wonder if this magician would even show when a bright light erupted from under the hat, causing him to squint from behind his hand. There was an odd sound, like that of ice crystals forming in the winter. The temperature in the tent dropped and a cold mist began to spills out from under the hat. It reached for the feet of the dragons closest to the stage, causing them to shrink back a little. Charlie’s eyes widened as he watched the mist fill the tent. There was so much of it eventually that he began to shiver and he could no longer see the stage. [b]“Welcome, all, my generous and curious friends. Prepare to be amazed.” [/b] The new voice was lower but still feminine. Charlie began to feel the first pangs of fear for a moment, before he could make out the shadow of a dragon inside the mist, center staged. From what he could see, it looked like another wildclaw. More sounds of ice filled the room and Charlie swallowed hard. What had he gotten himself into? ----- [center][font=century] Dragons Featured: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43321176] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433212/43321176_350.png[/img] [/url]
Part One
"Ladies and gentledragons, step on up, come on in! Drop in your donation and have a seat inside! Magical and mysterious wonders await you!"

Charlie, a little fae with a big personality, eyed the towering guardian female that was shouting outside of a smallish tent. Her voice wasn’t obnoxious but smooth like honey and the tent was colorful and round, with a big pointed cone of a center reaching into the sky above. Charlie was intrigued. He’d never come across anything like this in his exploring. What exactly...is it, even?

“Ah, you there! How are you sir? Care to join everyone here for a spectacular show?”

The guardian had spotted him lingering while she ushered in a skydancer who’d just dropped a handful of treasure into a black top hat that the guardian was holding.

“Uh...sorry, uhm...a show?”

Suddenly the female was draping a large wing over him, sweeping his much smaller body to the side while opening the entrance flap. It took him a moment to catch his breath after being startled like so.

“You see, friend? It’s a magic show, dear, and a very magical one indeed. The Magnificent Moonstone is tricking up an uproar of a crowd. You can join in too, but--” she cut herself off, letting the tent door fall again, “only for a generous donation.”

Charlie eyed her suspiciously, not really sure what to think. She seemed charming enough, and her eyes batted at him almost seductively. She held out the top hat for him and it took him another minute to decide he had nothing to lose besides a few treasure. He produced a little pouch and dropped ten treasure pieces into the top hat. The guardian exploded with a melodic laugh and thanked him before sweeping him inside the tent.

After his eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness, he looked all around at the other dragons waiting anxiously for their promised show. There were more than he expected, of all different breeds. He lifted himself into the air and fluttered down to seat himself beside a pair of dragons who chattered excitedly.

“Do you think they’ll use their actual powers?” The wildclaw asked the fae. The smaller dragon just shrugged, as if he were bored already.

“I think it’s a big hoax. Why’d you have to get us dragged into this? It was a waste of treasure.”

Just then, a ring of lights began to come to life, surrounding a stage in the middle of the tent. All the talking inside hushed slowly and all eyes were focused downward. No one was on the stage. In fact, nothing was there besides a black top hat that looked rather similar to the one the guardian at the entrance had been holding. A few moments dragged by and the atmosphere in the room became very tense. Charlie began to wonder if this magician would even show when a bright light erupted from under the hat, causing him to squint from behind his hand. There was an odd sound, like that of ice crystals forming in the winter. The temperature in the tent dropped and a cold mist began to spills out from under the hat. It reached for the feet of the dragons closest to the stage, causing them to shrink back a little. Charlie’s eyes widened as he watched the mist fill the tent. There was so much of it eventually that he began to shiver and he could no longer see the stage.

“Welcome, all, my generous and curious friends. Prepare to be amazed.”

The new voice was lower but still feminine. Charlie began to feel the first pangs of fear for a moment, before he could make out the shadow of a dragon inside the mist, center staged. From what he could see, it looked like another wildclaw. More sounds of ice filled the room and Charlie swallowed hard. What had he gotten himself into?

Dragons Featured:

43321176_350.png
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies
To Depart
The decision to leave.

O
rik and Arya's flourishing clan had thrived within the Gladeveins for many many months since the two had first mated. The numbers of their family grew quite rapidly, so much so that despite their doubts of ever needing to leave their watery forest home, the day did indeed come. It had been apparent to the pair that their territories were beginning to closely encroach on those of much smaller clans. In the next few weeks that they planned a new expansion, it was quite obvious that there simply wasn't the space.

"It will be hard to say goodbye to our first home together, I know. Even harder for myself, I secured this cave as my own in my very first week of adulthood," Arya says, doing her best to console her mate. She and Orik sat within the cave behind a waterfall where Arya designated their hoard to be stashed and organized. The entire cavern's walls were carved into by she and Orik themselves, albeit as neatly as they could without anything but the help of a passerby engineer dragon from time to time.

"It is our home, Arya. We started here from scratch. I am proud of what we have established."

The large guardian was indeed having a hard time finalizing the decision to move the clan. In time, along with Arya, their clan's beginning and growth had become his charge in life. To have to uproot it and start again somewhere new made him nervous. But aside from that, he knew that Arya wouldn't have suggested it if it were not necessary. Their clan, their family, was doing exactly what the pair had intended. They were growing, forming bonds and connections, thriving and surviving. The dragons that followed their leadership trusted them to make decisions to ensure that growth and success lasted.

"Aah," he huffs, shaking his large head to clear away the sadness. "We will take our clan to the Shrieking Wilds, then. There we will make a home again, one that is just as strong and safe for those we care for."

Arya is filled with excitement at his words, relieved that he could see the potential good in her suggestion. It was not easy to get a guardian to change their ways. Especially one as stubborn as her mate. The tundra lifted herself into the air and hovered close to Orik, giving him a supportive nuzzle as she emitted a sound similar to a purr.

"You will see, love. A new home in new territories will mean for even further growth. Our clan will be that of importance, one that dragons will whisper of, a safe haven for those who can find it."

Orik shared with her a toothy guardian grin, sure that his mate's words were those of certainty and truth. She was the more confident of the two, after all, as far as change and making definitive decisions.

"Let us tell the others," he states, and the two emerged from the waterfall's edge, Orik protecting Arya from any soaking with his massive wingspan.

On the other side, waiting within a small grove, were other dragons of importance. Amara, the clan's peacekeeper and oracle. Kes and her partner Beira, leaders of the Warrior's Circle, the protectors of the clan's territories. The last of them being Firefly, their mysterious protector, a Forest Spirit sent from the Glademother herself. They all draw their eyes up to the pair as the two join the group. Their chatter dies down and Orik makes eye contact with each of them before speaking.

"It is decided, we will move the clan to the Shrieking Wilds. I'll be sending the two of you, Kes and Beira, with a few of your warriors to scout for potential territories. Firefly, I will ask of course for you to speak a blessing upon them before the depart."

Each dragon nods as they are addressed, none of them interrupting. Amara waits patiently for her chance to speak, for she knows that her opinion is favored. A whisper of events falls into her mind's eye and she listens for a moment before sharing.

"Their is a sureness in your decision, patriarch. It is a wise decision, and will bring along many positive changes,"
the oracle states, a small smile on her features. Orik finds more relief in her words than of anything else. "There are new faces to come, as well. Your efforts will mean growth, indeed."

With that, Amara departed before the others. Her wisdom and fortunetelling come in small amounts, but they are enough to keep her clan leaders in confidence.

"It's decided then, aye? We'll 'ave our warriors ready to be settin' out at dawn tomorrow!"
Kes reports in excitement, ready to depart with her love to tell the Circle of the news.

Orik and Arya share another look before leaving the meeting grove themselves. Excitement and anticipation fill them both. Arya can see hesitation still deeply set within her mate's eyes, but she knows that he will be proven wrong.

"We will prosper in the Wilds," she offers in assurance. Orik nods slowly, knowing it as the truth.
To Depart
The decision to leave.

O
rik and Arya's flourishing clan had thrived within the Gladeveins for many many months since the two had first mated. The numbers of their family grew quite rapidly, so much so that despite their doubts of ever needing to leave their watery forest home, the day did indeed come. It had been apparent to the pair that their territories were beginning to closely encroach on those of much smaller clans. In the next few weeks that they planned a new expansion, it was quite obvious that there simply wasn't the space.

"It will be hard to say goodbye to our first home together, I know. Even harder for myself, I secured this cave as my own in my very first week of adulthood," Arya says, doing her best to console her mate. She and Orik sat within the cave behind a waterfall where Arya designated their hoard to be stashed and organized. The entire cavern's walls were carved into by she and Orik themselves, albeit as neatly as they could without anything but the help of a passerby engineer dragon from time to time.

"It is our home, Arya. We started here from scratch. I am proud of what we have established."

The large guardian was indeed having a hard time finalizing the decision to move the clan. In time, along with Arya, their clan's beginning and growth had become his charge in life. To have to uproot it and start again somewhere new made him nervous. But aside from that, he knew that Arya wouldn't have suggested it if it were not necessary. Their clan, their family, was doing exactly what the pair had intended. They were growing, forming bonds and connections, thriving and surviving. The dragons that followed their leadership trusted them to make decisions to ensure that growth and success lasted.

"Aah," he huffs, shaking his large head to clear away the sadness. "We will take our clan to the Shrieking Wilds, then. There we will make a home again, one that is just as strong and safe for those we care for."

Arya is filled with excitement at his words, relieved that he could see the potential good in her suggestion. It was not easy to get a guardian to change their ways. Especially one as stubborn as her mate. The tundra lifted herself into the air and hovered close to Orik, giving him a supportive nuzzle as she emitted a sound similar to a purr.

"You will see, love. A new home in new territories will mean for even further growth. Our clan will be that of importance, one that dragons will whisper of, a safe haven for those who can find it."

Orik shared with her a toothy guardian grin, sure that his mate's words were those of certainty and truth. She was the more confident of the two, after all, as far as change and making definitive decisions.

"Let us tell the others," he states, and the two emerged from the waterfall's edge, Orik protecting Arya from any soaking with his massive wingspan.

On the other side, waiting within a small grove, were other dragons of importance. Amara, the clan's peacekeeper and oracle. Kes and her partner Beira, leaders of the Warrior's Circle, the protectors of the clan's territories. The last of them being Firefly, their mysterious protector, a Forest Spirit sent from the Glademother herself. They all draw their eyes up to the pair as the two join the group. Their chatter dies down and Orik makes eye contact with each of them before speaking.

"It is decided, we will move the clan to the Shrieking Wilds. I'll be sending the two of you, Kes and Beira, with a few of your warriors to scout for potential territories. Firefly, I will ask of course for you to speak a blessing upon them before the depart."

Each dragon nods as they are addressed, none of them interrupting. Amara waits patiently for her chance to speak, for she knows that her opinion is favored. A whisper of events falls into her mind's eye and she listens for a moment before sharing.

"Their is a sureness in your decision, patriarch. It is a wise decision, and will bring along many positive changes,"
the oracle states, a small smile on her features. Orik finds more relief in her words than of anything else. "There are new faces to come, as well. Your efforts will mean growth, indeed."

With that, Amara departed before the others. Her wisdom and fortunetelling come in small amounts, but they are enough to keep her clan leaders in confidence.

"It's decided then, aye? We'll 'ave our warriors ready to be settin' out at dawn tomorrow!"
Kes reports in excitement, ready to depart with her love to tell the Circle of the news.

Orik and Arya share another look before leaving the meeting grove themselves. Excitement and anticipation fill them both. Arya can see hesitation still deeply set within her mate's eyes, but she knows that he will be proven wrong.

"We will prosper in the Wilds," she offers in assurance. Orik nods slowly, knowing it as the truth.
i aspire to be a hobbit
adopt shopsubspecies