Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | StarWool Farms - WIP
[center][columns] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/7981/f/2018/132/8/2/purple_night_sky_divider_by_tordy_iordy-dcbddqt.png[/img] [nextcol] [size=5][i]Avonlea[/i][/size] [font=Century Gothic][size=4]The rolling hills are filled with spindly birch and lush grass. Gently, the hills swell and eddy, blanketed in green lemongrass and pastel meadows that you can smell, even all the way up on the breeze you're riding. The hills flatten once they meet the thick, leafy forest, where the birch trees glow at night and provide shade by day. Past this thick forest, you'll find a sheltered valley surrounded by the pink peaks of Arcane. The quaint village, covered in old brick and cobblestone, are but a speck when compared to the vast farmland and wilderness beyond; the stony mountain that directly looks over the little village is pockmarked with caves. Some are homes for a dragon who prefers the cool stone of 'The Mother Mountain' to the open streets of The Village. Others are mines, filled with valuable ore and the vast untapped reserves of magic that echo out onto the valley. In the distance, if you fly high enough, you'll see a harbor, pebbly shores of pink, magenta, grey. A lone sailboat floats in the blue waters, dainty and fragile. Nearby a crumbling tower stands tall despite the age that wears upon it. Though the stone is chipped and piled at it's feet, the structure is carefully maintained. An apiary lies among the rubble. The Valley is clearly peaceful, if a bit isolated; you imagine they don't see Outsiders often, especially when you consider the fact that there is no way that this valley should be able to exist. Deep within the mysterious mountains of Arcane, a huge plot of land like this would most certainly have been noticed by anyone flying nearby. Though, you have heard tales of land and life being crafted out of raw magic itself deep in Arcane... Nay. The tales are waking dreams, thought up by tired parents trying to distract naive and excitable hatchlings. It cannot be true, though it is a fun concept ponder over in the bowels of Light's libraries and over the campfires of Earth's nomads. The mysteries of this Valley's existence will have to be comtemplated at another time, however, because you've been spotted. A young dragon, barely old enough to fly in the thinner air near the mountain peaks, flies towards you on impatient wings. "Newcomer!" they yell towards the village. "It's an outsider!" (is it just me or is one of the dividers like, super off??? It's annoying me so much smh)[/font][/size] [nextcol] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/7981/f/2018/132/8/2/purple_night_sky_divider_by_tordy_iordy-dcbddqt.png[/img]
purple_night_sky_divider_by_tordy_iordy-dcbddqt.png Avonlea

The rolling hills are filled with spindly birch and lush grass.

Gently, the hills swell and eddy, blanketed in green lemongrass and pastel meadows that you can smell, even all the way up on the breeze you're riding. The hills flatten once they meet the thick, leafy forest, where the birch trees glow at night and provide shade by day. Past this thick forest, you'll find a sheltered valley surrounded by the pink peaks of Arcane. The quaint village, covered in old brick and cobblestone, are but a speck when compared to the vast farmland and wilderness beyond; the stony mountain that directly looks over the little village is pockmarked with caves. Some are homes for a dragon who prefers the cool stone of 'The Mother Mountain' to the open streets of The Village. Others are mines, filled with valuable ore and the vast untapped reserves of magic that echo out onto the valley. In the distance, if you fly high enough, you'll see a harbor, pebbly shores of pink, magenta, grey. A lone sailboat floats in the blue waters, dainty and fragile. Nearby a crumbling tower stands tall despite the age that wears upon it. Though the stone is chipped and piled at it's feet, the structure is carefully maintained. An apiary lies among the rubble. The Valley is clearly peaceful, if a bit isolated; you imagine they don't see Outsiders often, especially when you consider the fact that there is no way that this valley should be able to exist. Deep within the mysterious mountains of Arcane, a huge plot of land like this would most certainly have been noticed by anyone flying nearby. Though, you have heard tales of land and life being crafted out of raw magic itself deep in Arcane...

Nay. The tales are waking dreams, thought up by tired parents trying to distract naive and excitable hatchlings. It cannot be true, though it is a fun concept ponder over in the bowels of Light's libraries and over the campfires of Earth's nomads. The mysteries of this Valley's existence will have to be comtemplated at another time, however, because you've been spotted. A young dragon, barely old enough to fly in the thinner air near the mountain peaks, flies towards you on impatient wings.

"Newcomer!" they yell towards the village. "It's an outsider!"

(is it just me or is one of the dividers like, super off??? It's annoying me so much smh)

purple_night_sky_divider_by_tordy_iordy-dcbddqt.png

Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
Village Lore
Village Lore
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her