Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | How much should I charge for my art?
Hey! I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I've been considering starting an art shop on FR and I have no idea what to charge! I'm going to be traveling a lot soon and drawing dragon portraits is a good way to pass the time. I've done some for people before, but only as donated raffle prizes. I'll put some examples below, but my real question is, how much should I charge for these? It can be in treasure or gems, I like both. Thanks for your help! Examples: [img]https://i.imgur.com/x5xofja.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/XDvYP3g.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DTFX7d6.png[/img]
Hey! I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I've been considering starting an art shop on FR and I have no idea what to charge!

I'm going to be traveling a lot soon and drawing dragon portraits is a good way to pass the time. I've done some for people before, but only as donated raffle prizes. I'll put some examples below, but my real question is, how much should I charge for these? It can be in treasure or gems, I like both.

Thanks for your help!

Examples:

x5xofja.png
XDvYP3g.png
DTFX7d6.png
hello.
@bagozago You're right, this isn't the right forum. You'd get more interest in the Creative Corner or Art Sales. But anyway, you're really good at art! Pricing it depends on how difficult you find drawing. I think your art is worth at least 50kt.

Good luck on the art shop!
@bagozago You're right, this isn't the right forum. You'd get more interest in the Creative Corner or Art Sales. But anyway, you're really good at art! Pricing it depends on how difficult you find drawing. I think your art is worth at least 50kt.

Good luck on the art shop!
sig_by_cas_a_fras-dcnoirv.png
@bagozago Moved to the Creative Corner!
@bagozago Moved to the Creative Corner!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCstitches @Arowanaprincess thanks! Can I get any more input from people?
@JCstitches @Arowanaprincess thanks! Can I get any more input from people?
hello.
@bagozago
Wow, that looks great! Personally, I'd pay anywhere between 30kt-60kt. I know that a lot of artists charge for the base, then do other charges for genes (depending on how hard they are to draw), if that helps any.
@bagozago
Wow, that looks great! Personally, I'd pay anywhere between 30kt-60kt. I know that a lot of artists charge for the base, then do other charges for genes (depending on how hard they are to draw), if that helps any.
LIo8D8G.gif
@bagozago - Lovely! I'd say your art is easily worth much more than 50,000 t. How long does it normally take you to draw a portrait?
@bagozago - Lovely! I'd say your art is easily worth much more than 50,000 t. How long does it normally take you to draw a portrait?
XBlovdQ.png o3nzgbC.png NJvaKUP.png
@BrightMarble it takes between one and two hours, usually! Some breeds take more time than others, but I'd say they average 1h 30mins :)
@BrightMarble it takes between one and two hours, usually! Some breeds take more time than others, but I'd say they average 1h 30mins :)
hello.
Anyone else? I'd appreciate any and all feedback I can get!
Anyone else? I'd appreciate any and all feedback I can get!
hello.
i'd say around 50kT or 45-55g
i'd say around 50kT or 45-55g
... Bone Fragments ...... yangir.
— it / he. twenty. writer.
I'd say around 75kt to 100kt! Your art is really good, so ping me if you ever open up a shop!
I'd say around 75kt to 100kt! Your art is really good, so ping me if you ever open up a shop!
LWDw43p.png