Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | i hate drawing antlers
I'm trying to draw my dream dragon -- an Imperial -- but I just LOATHE drawing their antlers. They always look... off, compared to the rest of the drawing. [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/6f5bbb56e38a82eca2d659e7013ca55b/tumblr_ozsv0wyEBJ1taa8mgo1_1280.png[/img] RIP
I'm trying to draw my dream dragon -- an Imperial -- but I just LOATHE drawing their antlers. They always look... off, compared to the rest of the drawing.

tumblr_ozsv0wyEBJ1taa8mgo1_1280.png

RIP
xxxxxxxxxxxtumblr_inline_pbo2yrYus41rhwzwl_75sq.gif
Charlie | They/She | +3 FR Time
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.

tumblr_inline_pbo2yrYus41rhwzwl_75sq.gif
@Ribombee

hmm... I think the problem with this one might be that the antler sketch that's further away is longer than the one in front. What I suggest would be looking at real life antlers and following that, not the in-game art. (following real life is alot easier than following another artists style. -at least for me, that is)

The rest of the drawing is pretty good, I like the character design and your style. The jaw is too short, though. (ignore this if it's on purpose)
@Ribombee

hmm... I think the problem with this one might be that the antler sketch that's further away is longer than the one in front. What I suggest would be looking at real life antlers and following that, not the in-game art. (following real life is alot easier than following another artists style. -at least for me, that is)

The rest of the drawing is pretty good, I like the character design and your style. The jaw is too short, though. (ignore this if it's on purpose)
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@GenericMemes

Yeah, that's a good idea! Hopefully a real set of antlers will look less awkward.
As for the jaw, I think I see what you mean! She's wearing a boneyard tatters so I made it shorter so that the skull bit stuck out more, but I might've overdone it a bit.

Thanks for your help :)
@GenericMemes

Yeah, that's a good idea! Hopefully a real set of antlers will look less awkward.
As for the jaw, I think I see what you mean! She's wearing a boneyard tatters so I made it shorter so that the skull bit stuck out more, but I might've overdone it a bit.

Thanks for your help :)

@Ribombee

You're welcome! And now that you mention the skull, it makes sense... But the way it's shaped (aka the way it's slanted) makes it look like it's part of the jaw, maybe draw it in a different shape than the rest? Or, you could make stand out in the shading.
@Ribombee

You're welcome! And now that you mention the skull, it makes sense... But the way it's shaped (aka the way it's slanted) makes it look like it's part of the jaw, maybe draw it in a different shape than the rest? Or, you could make stand out in the shading.
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@GenericMemes
Yeah! I'm hoping colors will help distinguish it more.
@GenericMemes
Yeah! I'm hoping colors will help distinguish it more.

@Ribombee

of course the colors are going to distinguish it why didn't I consider that *slaps self*
@Ribombee

of course the colors are going to distinguish it why didn't I consider that *slaps self*
+3 hr FR Time
She/Her
@GenericMemes

lol it's okay! I could have been doing a line-only thing, you couldn't have known!
@GenericMemes

lol it's okay! I could have been doing a line-only thing, you couldn't have known!

@Ribombee
I second what Generic is saying! I also had an issue similar to this with a art piece i did a while back where i just couldn't get the horns to line up right so i found a reference to go by and it helped immensely! and love your style, reminds me a bit of they way i sketch!
@Ribombee
I second what Generic is saying! I also had an issue similar to this with a art piece i did a while back where i just couldn't get the horns to line up right so i found a reference to go by and it helped immensely! and love your style, reminds me a bit of they way i sketch!