Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [ romance of the nobility || interact ]
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]romance of the nobility[/b] || a legacy [i]From the settling dust of near annihilation, an [b]e m p i r e[/b] rises as bloody as the dawn. [indent] ... [i][b]power[/b]... [indent][i]... [s]survival[/s]. [/indent][/indent] The mechanisms of politics are brutal. It's a barbaric life clothed in novelty, where even family will steal the food from your mouth and the clothes off your back. You will resort to underhanded bribery, fanciful lies, and even downright murder to secure your position as heir. This is the life you have been born into. These are the brutal ranks you must climb. The crown is heavy, young heir. Hold your head high, and [i][b]do not let it slip.[/i] [center][img]https://s3.postimg.org/dswtlg4qb/divider.png[/img][/center]
MSLant1_L.pngMSLant3_R.pngMSLant_R.png

romance of the nobility || a legacy

From the settling dust of near annihilation, an e m p i r e rises as bloody as the dawn.

... power...
... survival.

The mechanisms of politics are brutal. It's a barbaric life clothed in novelty, where even family will steal the food from your mouth and the clothes off your back. You will resort to underhanded bribery, fanciful lies, and even downright murder to secure your position as heir.

This is the life you have been born into.
These are the brutal ranks you must climb.

The crown is heavy, young heir. Hold your head high, and do not let it slip.

divider.png
chivsig1.pngchivsig2.pngchivsig3.gifchivsig4.gifchivsig5.png
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the concept[/b] || Far in Sornieth's future, after the fall of the Beastclans, the Caesar and the Enesia are the ruling titles of the Empire. Beneath them are the city-states, ruled by the other noble families— at current, the four houses belonging to Eurykine, Valent, Arcadia, and Metzkal. The unity of the empire is a ruse; while there may not be all-out war, the city-states are at constant odds with each other, with battles being fought in trade and in politics... and the occasional skirmish. Each city-state, and in effect, its figureheads, seek to become closer to the Crown. Either through marriage or through favour, the ultimate goal is to take the royal lineage as their own. [b]current landscape[/b] || [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384112131882221570/map.png[/img] [indent]|| [b]summer, Z.E. 572[/b][/indent] [i]The turn of summer sees the empire's spotlight thrust upon the noble families. Networking activities are on the rise, with the young heirs quickly gaining their respective popularity. As for the insofar silent noble families, the expectation is that they are busy preparing the nest— though rumors fly as to the existence of complications both domestic and foreign that plague the Valent and Metzkal households. Whether or not this hearsay is unfounded is yet to be seen. After the appropriate spring showers, however, this seventy-second summer gives the indication of being unexpectedly dry. Whether this will culminate in issues political or nonpartisan is undetermined.[/i]

the concept ||

Far in Sornieth's future, after the fall of the Beastclans, the Caesar and the Enesia are the ruling titles of the Empire. Beneath them are the city-states, ruled by the other noble families— at current, the four houses belonging to Eurykine, Valent, Arcadia, and Metzkal. The unity of the empire is a ruse; while there may not be all-out war, the city-states are at constant odds with each other, with battles being fought in trade and in politics... and the occasional skirmish.

Each city-state, and in effect, its figureheads, seek to become closer to the Crown. Either through marriage or through favour, the ultimate goal is to take the royal lineage as their own.

current landscape ||

map.png

|| summer, Z.E. 572

The turn of summer sees the empire's spotlight thrust upon the noble families. Networking activities are on the rise, with the young heirs quickly gaining their respective popularity. As for the insofar silent noble families, the expectation is that they are busy preparing the nest— though rumors fly as to the existence of complications both domestic and foreign that plague the Valent and Metzkal households. Whether or not this hearsay is unfounded is yet to be seen.

After the appropriate spring showers, however, this seventy-second summer gives the indication of being unexpectedly dry. Whether this will culminate in issues political or nonpartisan is undetermined.
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]sponsorships & gifting[/b] || Interaction will be welcome in this challenge! Writing and items are free to be sent in, addressed either to noble families or as general gossip, rumor, or hearsay, and will impact the lore and course of events. Reactions will be garnered from the dragons involved. You or your dragons may take on the guise of a dragon living within the empire or a specific city-state under the rule of a noble family, or a number of other creative possibilities! [quote][list][*]Apparel This can take the form of a gift celebrating the success of your favorite heir, or perhaps as something with a double meaning. Perhaps something else entirely? Lore will be added depending on the reason for gifting. [*]Familiars Exotic pets are a staple of noble living. Is this a gift from a lover? A friend? Or even an enemy wishing misfortune upon the receiver? Lore will be added depending upon the reason for the gift, and the dragon will receive the familiar. [*]Treasure Are a noble family's trade prospects booming? A house that receives treasure will see a boost to its prestige as fortunes shine upon the family. This treasure will be used to expand a family's prospects, estates, and other assets. [*]Trinket The most versatile of gifts, these could have many meanings indeed... [*]Food A vendor's light delicacy, or perhaps an invitation to a lavish banquet? Relations are formed around food. This could be quite powerful indeed. [*]Dragons Who is this? A new servant? A distant relation? Or perhaps something else entirely? Feel free to write up some key characteristics of this mysterious new dragon, or how they came to be under one of the noble families.[/list] [/quote] Alternatively, you may choose to simply sponsor a house or a dragon in particular. [b]sponsors[/b] || If you'd like to follow the events of the warring nobility, let me know and I'll add you to the pinglist! =WithoutBounds =smeen =SymphonyOfIce =KiTea =Olkai =nuttysaladtree =lemonading =catslash =Dragonartist24 =Laxi [b]discord[/b] ||

sponsorships & gifting ||

Interaction will be welcome in this challenge! Writing and items are free to be sent in, addressed either to noble families or as general gossip, rumor, or hearsay, and will impact the lore and course of events. Reactions will be garnered from the dragons involved. You or your dragons may take on the guise of a dragon living within the empire or a specific city-state under the rule of a noble family, or a number of other creative possibilities!

Quote:
  • Apparel
    This can take the form of a gift celebrating the success of your favorite heir, or perhaps as something with a double meaning. Perhaps something else entirely? Lore will be added depending on the reason for gifting.
  • Familiars
    Exotic pets are a staple of noble living. Is this a gift from a lover? A friend? Or even an enemy wishing misfortune upon the receiver? Lore will be added depending upon the reason for the gift, and the dragon will receive the familiar.
  • Treasure
    Are a noble family's trade prospects booming? A house that receives treasure will see a boost to its prestige as fortunes shine upon the family. This treasure will be used to expand a family's prospects, estates, and other assets.
  • Trinket
    The most versatile of gifts, these could have many meanings indeed...
  • Food
    A vendor's light delicacy, or perhaps an invitation to a lavish banquet? Relations are formed around food. This could be quite powerful indeed.
  • Dragons
    Who is this? A new servant? A distant relation? Or perhaps something else entirely? Feel free to write up some key characteristics of this mysterious new dragon, or how they came to be under one of the noble families.

Alternatively, you may choose to simply sponsor a house or a dragon in particular.

sponsors ||
If you'd like to follow the events of the warring nobility, let me know and I'll add you to the pinglist!
=WithoutBounds =smeen =SymphonyOfIce =KiTea =Olkai =nuttysaladtree =lemonading =catslash =Dragonartist24 =Laxi

discord ||

[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]prestige[/b] || [list=i][*]Prestige points are used to measure a family's standing, and considered to be how much the noble family is favored in court, by its peoples, and by the Crown. Total prestige points available within the empire is number of families multiplied by 250. [*]Prestige points determine how influential a family is and the power they hold. However, this number is affected by factors of the environment, providence, public image, and machinations of rival families. [*]Each noble family will begin with 50 prestige points. All leftover prestige points belong to the royal family. [*]Success of activities such as victories, passing of titles, appeasement of the third estate, and trade help to gain prestige points. [*]Activities or outcomes which damage the noble family's image or power, such as scandals, defeats, natural disasters, and unrest of the peoples will cause a loss of prestige points. [*]Total number of prestige points circulating amid the families remain constant unless a new family is introduced. [*]A noble family will be able to marry into the Crown and become the royal family when it holds a majority of the empire's prestige points. [/list] [quote][b]the heir[/b] || [list=i][*]Use an RNG to determine each sibling's inclination to the following: charm, cunning, intuition, luck, rancor. [*]Either use an RNG or determine based upon inclinations the favoritism parents hold for each sibling. (optional) [*]If existing illegitimacy conditions are met, use an RNG to determine the illegitimate child or children. [*]Any sibling not chosen to be heir will not be killed. They will continue living and perhaps go on to have mates and children of their own. They are not out of the running for the title, however— but may only hold distant claim. They become branching bloodlines of the family. [*]If at any point the main bloodline is extinguished, these secondary bloodlines may claim the title. [/list] perfect nests of 3 [list=i][*]Once the nest of the main bloodline reaches adulthood, the siblings will battle until they become reading to breed— at which point an heir will be chosen. [*]Siblings must be placed into the coliseum in teams of three. [*]These teams are permanent. Siblings cannot be switched around. [*]Each team must fight once a day until one dragon faints. [*]For each successful day of battling a dragon participates in (without fainting), add one inclination point to an inclination. This can be determined through RNG or a point-buy system. [*]The first dragon to faint must be left out of the next battle (remove it from the team - fight one more battle without it - then add it back to the team) [*]The daily battles stop when either the whole team becomes RTB or the team can no longer gain EXP because one dragon has become too high of a level. [*]Stats and battlestones must be distributed evenly among all siblings. If +5 to speed is added to one dragon, all must have +5 added to speed. If one has a battlestone, all must have a battlestone. [*]Once the siblings become RTB, dragons will be ranked by EXP. The sibling with the highest EXP will become the most likely heir. Rank the siblings from most likely heir to least likely heir. [*]Go to [i]Pinkerton's Influence[/i] for the final step to deciding the heir.[/list] imperfect nests [list=i][*]Nests of two or less eggs will be viewed unfavorably— a potential sign of a weakening bloodline. Prestige may be affected. [*]In the case of an imperfect nest, hatchlings from the lesser branches, or potentially, from rival families may be combined to form a coliseum team. [*]Hatchlings from lesser branches taken to fill a coliseum team may not become heir, but they will grow up with the heirs of the main branch. [*]Occasionally, it may be necessary for the heirs of different families to comprise a coliseum team. Wealth obtained will be divied up accordingly. [*][i]Alternatively,[/i] if it can be afforded by the noble family, a tutor or servant can be hired or obtained to attend the heirs-to-be. These dragons will either be received as gifts, or may be purchased from the auction house at the expense of the family's vault. [/list] pinkerton's influence [list][*]When the final lineup of heirs is present, an item must be taken from Pinkerton. This item will determine what underhanded techniques a sibling uses to "one-up" their brothers and sisters. The most likely heir may have an awful surprise in store for them. What is obtained from Pinkerton will decide who the FINAL heir will be.[/list] [list=i][*]Nests with just one hatchling are exempt from Pinkerton's Influence. As that will be the noble family's one and only heir. [*][i]Battle Item[/i] Sometimes violence is the answer to everything. The most likely heir has just been killed! Was it murder or assassination? The 2nd in line will now become heir! [*][i]Apparel Good[/i] looks and a charming mouth hold sway in court. Your manipulation tactics have served you well and gained you what you want. You may pick your favorite dragon to become heir, or alternatively, the dragon with the highest charm inclination. [*][i]Materials[/i] Great families need great diplomats. This dragon was perhaps the least strongest, but they proved to make useful connections and deals with others. The least likely dragon will become your heir! [*][i]Food[/i] The strong take from the weak. The most likely heir has taken everything from their siblings. Even the food from their mouth. The most likely heir will become heir. [*][i]Trinkets[/i] Secrets and trinkets make for useful blackmail or bribery. The dragon with the highest inclination to cunning will lie their way to become heir. If multiple dragons have the same cunning, use RNG to decide. [/list][/quote] [b]the marriage[/b] || [list][*]Since this is more of a lore challenge and less of a breeding challenge, potential mates have few restrictions. [/list] [list=i][*]All mates must be bought at the auction house. [*]All mates must be breedable to all dragons in the challenge and not lineage blocked. [*]The flight of the mate doesn't matter. Any may be selected.[/list] [quote][b]the elimination[/b] || [list][*]If any of my teams roll Eliminate as their loot in battle, a war will be started to eliminate an enemy family.[/list] [list=i][*]If it was loot from a team with two houses, RNG will be used to determine which dragon "rolled" eliminate. [*]Whichever house it belongs to, he most recent married heir will be placed in a solo battle (No other dragons may fight beside them!) [*]Recently married means either the mother or father of the current hatchlings. Whichever was the heir to the flight that owns the eliminate stone. [*]Rrecord how many battles it wins until the dragon faints. This number is the win streak the enemy family must surpass to live. [*]Place each dragon of the enemy family into a solo battle and record each of their win streaks. Whichever dragon that cannot beat the number must be killed. [*]The noble family under attack loses prestige points proportionate to number of members killed. These points are then awarded to the family besieging them. [*]If the parents die, then that flight will lose prestige. The hatchling that inherits the broken clan will be lost without a leader and no prestige advancements will be made in their generation. [*]It is possible for the entire family to be wiped out. At which point that family line will end and a new family will rise up to inherit the noble title. [/list][/quote] [b]the ambush[/b] || [list][*]If any team rolls Ambush as their loot in battle, the sibling will ambush the other heirs and prematurely kill them off![/list] [list=i][*]First, use RNG to figure out which sibling rolled the Ambush. It must be a dragon in the team that rolled the Ambush [*]Put that dragon in solo battle by itself with no other dragons. Battle until it faints. This will be the win streak the other siblings must beat to survive! [*]Put each sibling in a solo battle and record their win-streak. If they cannot beat the ambusher's win-streak, they must be killed! [*]The ambush does not have to be used right away. [/list] [quote][b]the conquest[/b] || [list=i][*]If a noble house is left entirely without a head, the family will be weakened and thrown into chaos. The noble family's hold on their territory will be weakened. [*]After a war, it is possible for a noble family to conquer another's territory. [*]The family with the most funds may buy out this territory. [*]While the weakened family may survive the ordeal, they will have lost a great deal of their prestige, power, and influence.[/list][/quote] [b]the rivalry[/b] || [list=i][*]New families are introduced when an imperfect nest needs other dragons to fill in spots to make a team. New families will be awarded the starting prestige and their pool will be added to the empire's total prestige under the Crown. [*]"extra hatchlings" from other nests may be used to form a complete team, but if that's not possible, utilize the auction house and find enough hatchlings to fill in the empty spots. These hatchlings will complete the team. [*]If two hatchlings are needed, they must be siblings. [*]If there are two hatchlings, they will fight to become heir of their flight! [*]If there is one hatchling, it will be the heir to that flight![/list] [quote][b]the entourage[/b] || [list=i][*]When familiars are obtained in the coliseum, the family will gain one point of prestige. [*]When a Familiar is applied to a dragon, it will become added protection. If that dragon is scripted to be killed by another dragon, there is a 10% chance their familiar will safeguard them. This may not apply if the familiar was gifted out of less benevolent intent. [*]Familiars may be killed if certain battlestones are rolled.[/list][/quote] [b]the individual[/b] || [list][*]Lore, background, history, and potentially art will all be integral parts of this challenge, and will be subsequently created. [*]Coliseum drops and daily gatherings will be incorporated into lore. Somehow. [*]I'll likely be using character musings blogs scattered throughout tumblr to give me some character inspiration. I'll credit them here as we go along. [*]Anything notable that comes out of game mechanics and battles will likely become lore.[/list] [quote][b]the environment[/b] || [list][*]Battle stones obtained in the coliseum will reflect lore elements, representing external factors that can impact a family's prestige and wealth.[/list] [list=i][*][i]Vile Bolt[/i]. If rolled, this will kill off (1) random familiar in the fighting team. If no dragon has a familiar then this stone will have no effect. May be counteracted by Aid or Regeneration Stone. -1 prestige. [*][i]Pestilent Slash.[/i] If rolled, one dragon in the fighting team will fall ill and die. This stone must be used before the team is RTB. If the family has an Aid Stone or Regeneration in vault, this will counteract the disease and heal the dragon that has fallen ill. -5 prestige. [*][i]Contaminate.[/i] Whether due to another family's schemes or through some curse of the gods, all the dragons of the noble family have fallen ill. Place each dragon in a solo battle and record win-streak until fainting. Each victorious battle increases chance of recovery by 15%. Those that did not have the strength to survive are killed. -5 prestige per dragon killed. [*][i]Aid Stone / Regeneration.[/i] If a family holds one of these stones in their vault, it may counteract stones such as Vile Bolt, Pestilent Slash, Contaminate, Evevenom, or Fossilize. Each stone can save one life. +5 prestige per life saved. [*][i]Anticipate.[/i] If a family owns this battle stone in their vault they may anticipate a war and begin preparing for battle. If your enemy initiates a war via eliminate stone, you may use anticipate as you would an eliminate stone. This will not prevent casualties, but instead act as a mode through which to fight back. +5 prestige per enemy dragon incapacitated. [*][i]Envenom.[/i] When rolled, it may be used to poison 1 random dragon from an enemy family, killing them. -5 prestige to family of poisoned dragon. [*][i]Fossilize.[/i] Apply to 1 random dragon within the coliseum team. This dragon is infertile and cannot have hatchlings even if chosen as heir. The next in line will take over as heir. -10 prestige. [*][i]Boulder Bolt / Disorientate / Drown / Shock / Congeal / Sear.[/i] A natural disaster has swept through the noble family's territories. Land has been destroyed and, with it, precious resources. Lose 25% of vault wealth. [*][i]Enamour.[/i] The dragon that rolled this stone has become enamoured with a dragon of a rival family.... leading them to share a nest together! RNG the enemy flight. Use RNG again to select a dragon of similar age range. Illegitimate children are last to inherit anything. -5 prestige to both families. [*][i]Shroud.[/i] Whichever dragon that rolled Shroud may hire an assassin to kill their enemy. The assassinated dragon can be within their own family or in an enemy family. -5 prestige to the family of the dragon killed. [*][i]Might Fragment.[/i] Initiate a duel between the dragon that rolled the might fragment and 1 dragon in any noble family (excluding the royal family). Use win-streak to determine the winner. The loser has a 20% chance of being killed. +5 prestige to winner of duel without death, removed from losing family. +10 prestige to winner of duel involving death, removed from losing family. [*][i]Acuity Fragment.[/i] Blackmail. The dragon who rolled this fragment will attempt to strike a trade deal with one random dragon of an enemy family. Use win-streak to determine if this attempt was successful. Utilizing RNG, gain 1 item from enemy dragon's vault if successful. +5 prestige if attempt was successful. -5 prestige if failed.[/list][/quote] [b]these rules will probably always be under construction lbr here[/b] [b]credit[/b] || Thank you to =symphonyofice for being a great inspiration for much of this legacy. Assets by poisonedpaper and ecci. map created by llanai. hybrid nests by jotunheiney

prestige ||
  1. Prestige points are used to measure a family's standing, and considered to be how much the noble family is favored in court, by its peoples, and by the Crown. Total prestige points available within the empire is number of families multiplied by 250.
  2. Prestige points determine how influential a family is and the power they hold. However, this number is affected by factors of the environment, providence, public image, and machinations of rival families.
  3. Each noble family will begin with 50 prestige points. All leftover prestige points belong to the royal family.
  4. Success of activities such as victories, passing of titles, appeasement of the third estate, and trade help to gain prestige points.
  5. Activities or outcomes which damage the noble family's image or power, such as scandals, defeats, natural disasters, and unrest of the peoples will cause a loss of prestige points.
  6. Total number of prestige points circulating amid the families remain constant unless a new family is introduced.
  7. A noble family will be able to marry into the Crown and become the royal family when it holds a majority of the empire's prestige points.

Quote:
the heir ||
  1. Use an RNG to determine each sibling's inclination to the following: charm, cunning, intuition, luck, rancor.
  2. Either use an RNG or determine based upon inclinations the favoritism parents hold for each sibling. (optional)
  3. If existing illegitimacy conditions are met, use an RNG to determine the illegitimate child or children.
  4. Any sibling not chosen to be heir will not be killed. They will continue living and perhaps go on to have mates and children of their own. They are not out of the running for the title, however— but may only hold distant claim. They become branching bloodlines of the family.
  5. If at any point the main bloodline is extinguished, these secondary bloodlines may claim the title.

perfect nests of 3
  1. Once the nest of the main bloodline reaches adulthood, the siblings will battle until they become reading to breed— at which point an heir will be chosen.
  2. Siblings must be placed into the coliseum in teams of three.
  3. These teams are permanent. Siblings cannot be switched around.
  4. Each team must fight once a day until one dragon faints.
  5. For each successful day of battling a dragon participates in (without fainting), add one inclination point to an inclination. This can be determined through RNG or a point-buy system.
  6. The first dragon to faint must be left out of the next battle (remove it from the team - fight one more battle without it - then add it back to the team)
  7. The daily battles stop when either the whole team becomes RTB or the team can no longer gain EXP because one dragon has become too high of a level.
  8. Stats and battlestones must be distributed evenly among all siblings. If +5 to speed is added to one dragon, all must have +5 added to speed. If one has a battlestone, all must have a battlestone.
  9. Once the siblings become RTB, dragons will be ranked by EXP. The sibling with the highest EXP will become the most likely heir. Rank the siblings from most likely heir to least likely heir.
  10. Go to Pinkerton's Influence for the final step to deciding the heir.

imperfect nests
  1. Nests of two or less eggs will be viewed unfavorably— a potential sign of a weakening bloodline. Prestige may be affected.
  2. In the case of an imperfect nest, hatchlings from the lesser branches, or potentially, from rival families may be combined to form a coliseum team.
  3. Hatchlings from lesser branches taken to fill a coliseum team may not become heir, but they will grow up with the heirs of the main branch.
  4. Occasionally, it may be necessary for the heirs of different families to comprise a coliseum team. Wealth obtained will be divied up accordingly.
  5. Alternatively, if it can be afforded by the noble family, a tutor or servant can be hired or obtained to attend the heirs-to-be. These dragons will either be received as gifts, or may be purchased from the auction house at the expense of the family's vault.

pinkerton's influence
  • When the final lineup of heirs is present, an item must be taken from Pinkerton. This item will determine what underhanded techniques a sibling uses to "one-up" their brothers and sisters. The most likely heir may have an awful surprise in store for them. What is obtained from Pinkerton will decide who the FINAL heir will be.
  1. Nests with just one hatchling are exempt from Pinkerton's Influence. As that will be the noble family's one and only heir.
  2. Battle Item Sometimes violence is the answer to everything. The most likely heir has just been killed! Was it murder or assassination? The 2nd in line will now become heir!
  3. Apparel Good looks and a charming mouth hold sway in court. Your manipulation tactics have served you well and gained you what you want. You may pick your favorite dragon to become heir, or alternatively, the dragon with the highest charm inclination.
  4. Materials Great families need great diplomats. This dragon was perhaps the least strongest, but they proved to make useful connections and deals with others. The least likely dragon will become your heir!
  5. Food The strong take from the weak. The most likely heir has taken everything from their siblings. Even the food from their mouth. The most likely heir will become heir.
  6. Trinkets Secrets and trinkets make for useful blackmail or bribery. The dragon with the highest inclination to cunning will lie their way to become heir. If multiple dragons have the same cunning, use RNG to decide.

the marriage ||
  • Since this is more of a lore challenge and less of a breeding challenge, potential mates have few restrictions.
  1. All mates must be bought at the auction house.
  2. All mates must be breedable to all dragons in the challenge and not lineage blocked.
  3. The flight of the mate doesn't matter. Any may be selected.

Quote:
the elimination ||
  • If any of my teams roll Eliminate as their loot in battle, a war will be started to eliminate an enemy family.
  1. If it was loot from a team with two houses, RNG will be used to determine which dragon "rolled" eliminate.
  2. Whichever house it belongs to, he most recent married heir will be placed in a solo battle (No other dragons may fight beside them!)
  3. Recently married means either the mother or father of the current hatchlings. Whichever was the heir to the flight that owns the eliminate stone.
  4. Rrecord how many battles it wins until the dragon faints. This number is the win streak the enemy family must surpass to live.
  5. Place each dragon of the enemy family into a solo battle and record each of their win streaks. Whichever dragon that cannot beat the number must be killed.
  6. The noble family under attack loses prestige points proportionate to number of members killed. These points are then awarded to the family besieging them.
  7. If the parents die, then that flight will lose prestige. The hatchling that inherits the broken clan will be lost without a leader and no prestige advancements will be made in their generation.
  8. It is possible for the entire family to be wiped out. At which point that family line will end and a new family will rise up to inherit the noble title.

the ambush ||
  • If any team rolls Ambush as their loot in battle, the sibling will ambush the other heirs and prematurely kill them off!
  1. First, use RNG to figure out which sibling rolled the Ambush. It must be a dragon in the team that rolled the Ambush
  2. Put that dragon in solo battle by itself with no other dragons. Battle until it faints. This will be the win streak the other siblings must beat to survive!
  3. Put each sibling in a solo battle and record their win-streak. If they cannot beat the ambusher's win-streak, they must be killed!
  4. The ambush does not have to be used right away.

Quote:
the conquest ||
  1. If a noble house is left entirely without a head, the family will be weakened and thrown into chaos. The noble family's hold on their territory will be weakened.
  2. After a war, it is possible for a noble family to conquer another's territory.
  3. The family with the most funds may buy out this territory.
  4. While the weakened family may survive the ordeal, they will have lost a great deal of their prestige, power, and influence.

the rivalry ||
  1. New families are introduced when an imperfect nest needs other dragons to fill in spots to make a team. New families will be awarded the starting prestige and their pool will be added to the empire's total prestige under the Crown.
  2. "extra hatchlings" from other nests may be used to form a complete team, but if that's not possible, utilize the auction house and find enough hatchlings to fill in the empty spots. These hatchlings will complete the team.
  3. If two hatchlings are needed, they must be siblings.
  4. If there are two hatchlings, they will fight to become heir of their flight!
  5. If there is one hatchling, it will be the heir to that flight!

Quote:
the entourage ||
  1. When familiars are obtained in the coliseum, the family will gain one point of prestige.
  2. When a Familiar is applied to a dragon, it will become added protection. If that dragon is scripted to be killed by another dragon, there is a 10% chance their familiar will safeguard them. This may not apply if the familiar was gifted out of less benevolent intent.
  3. Familiars may be killed if certain battlestones are rolled.

the individual ||
  • Lore, background, history, and potentially art will all be integral parts of this challenge, and will be subsequently created.
  • Coliseum drops and daily gatherings will be incorporated into lore. Somehow.
  • I'll likely be using character musings blogs scattered throughout tumblr to give me some character inspiration. I'll credit them here as we go along.
  • Anything notable that comes out of game mechanics and battles will likely become lore.

Quote:
the environment ||
  • Battle stones obtained in the coliseum will reflect lore elements, representing external factors that can impact a family's prestige and wealth.
  1. Vile Bolt. If rolled, this will kill off (1) random familiar in the fighting team. If no dragon has a familiar then this stone will have no effect. May be counteracted by Aid or Regeneration Stone. -1 prestige.
  2. Pestilent Slash. If rolled, one dragon in the fighting team will fall ill and die. This stone must be used before the team is RTB. If the family has an Aid Stone or Regeneration in vault, this will counteract the disease and heal the dragon that has fallen ill. -5 prestige.
  3. Contaminate. Whether due to another family's schemes or through some curse of the gods, all the dragons of the noble family have fallen ill. Place each dragon in a solo battle and record win-streak until fainting. Each victorious battle increases chance of recovery by 15%. Those that did not have the strength to survive are killed. -5 prestige per dragon killed.
  4. Aid Stone / Regeneration. If a family holds one of these stones in their vault, it may counteract stones such as Vile Bolt, Pestilent Slash, Contaminate, Evevenom, or Fossilize. Each stone can save one life. +5 prestige per life saved.
  5. Anticipate. If a family owns this battle stone in their vault they may anticipate a war and begin preparing for battle. If your enemy initiates a war via eliminate stone, you may use anticipate as you would an eliminate stone. This will not prevent casualties, but instead act as a mode through which to fight back. +5 prestige per enemy dragon incapacitated.
  6. Envenom. When rolled, it may be used to poison 1 random dragon from an enemy family, killing them. -5 prestige to family of poisoned dragon.
  7. Fossilize. Apply to 1 random dragon within the coliseum team. This dragon is infertile and cannot have hatchlings even if chosen as heir. The next in line will take over as heir. -10 prestige.
  8. Boulder Bolt / Disorientate / Drown / Shock / Congeal / Sear. A natural disaster has swept through the noble family's territories. Land has been destroyed and, with it, precious resources. Lose 25% of vault wealth.
  9. Enamour. The dragon that rolled this stone has become enamoured with a dragon of a rival family.... leading them to share a nest together! RNG the enemy flight. Use RNG again to select a dragon of similar age range. Illegitimate children are last to inherit anything. -5 prestige to both families.
  10. Shroud. Whichever dragon that rolled Shroud may hire an assassin to kill their enemy. The assassinated dragon can be within their own family or in an enemy family. -5 prestige to the family of the dragon killed.
  11. Might Fragment. Initiate a duel between the dragon that rolled the might fragment and 1 dragon in any noble family (excluding the royal family). Use win-streak to determine the winner. The loser has a 20% chance of being killed. +5 prestige to winner of duel without death, removed from losing family. +10 prestige to winner of duel involving death, removed from losing family.
  12. Acuity Fragment. Blackmail. The dragon who rolled this fragment will attempt to strike a trade deal with one random dragon of an enemy family. Use win-streak to determine if this attempt was successful. Utilizing RNG, gain 1 item from enemy dragon's vault if successful. +5 prestige if attempt was successful. -5 prestige if failed.

these rules will probably always be under construction lbr here

credit ||

Thank you to =symphonyofice for being a great inspiration for much of this legacy. Assets by poisonedpaper and ecci. map created by llanai. hybrid nests by jotunheiney
[center][img]https://s29.postimg.org/fjlfeh8lz/big-divider.png[/img][/center] [b]the deceased[/b] ||
big-divider.png

the deceased ||
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the crown[/b] || The Crown is the enigmatic yet indisputable power of the Empire. The noble families allegedly pledged their loyalty to the Royal family, a bloodline which extends far into the past. Or seems to, in the very least. Nevertheless, the royal lineage is deeply respected and regarded as the guiding light of the empire, consistently enjoying great favor among its subjects. 800 prestige [b]the royal vault[/b] || 2x[item=silver ore] 1x[item=rusted treasure chest] [indent][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384140424006336513/coin.png[/img] 112 919 [/indent]

the crown ||

The Crown is the enigmatic yet indisputable power of the Empire. The noble families allegedly pledged their loyalty to the Royal family, a bloodline which extends far into the past. Or seems to, in the very least. Nevertheless, the royal lineage is deeply respected and regarded as the guiding light of the empire, consistently enjoying great favor among its subjects.

800 prestige

the royal vault ||
2x Silver Ore 1x Rusted Treasure Chest

coin.png 112 919
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the noble house of eurykine[/b] || amber [indent][i]vipatti nishka baliyo udokas.[/i][/indent] The Eurykine have their roots as military nobility, the line stemming from blood relations to some of the most venerable and distinguished military officials of time past. However, much of the bloodline has become distanced from these posts, as the family had taken pains to separate themselves from their violent ancestry. The Eurykine remain a greatly honorable family, and are still hailed as heros and regarded reverently in the modern day. While the Eurykine have not completely forsaken their history, deigning to develop the arts of the refined sword, they now hold more a reputation of scholars and dragons of learned letters over war generals or knights. 50 prestige [b]current heads[/b] || [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37362634] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/373627/37362634.png[/img][/url] [center]Galerius[/center] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36905395][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/369054/36905395.png[/img] [/url] [center]Ilana[/center][/columns] [b]heir apparent[/b] || N/A [b]heirs presumptive[/b] || N/A [b]branching bloodlines[/b] || N/A [b]the eurykine vault[/b] || [indent][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384140424006336513/coin.png[/img] 38 840 [/indent]

the noble house of eurykine || amber
vipatti nishka baliyo udokas.

The Eurykine have their roots as military nobility, the line stemming from blood relations to some of the most venerable and distinguished military officials of time past. However, much of the bloodline has become distanced from these posts, as the family had taken pains to separate themselves from their violent ancestry. The Eurykine remain a greatly honorable family, and are still hailed as heros and regarded reverently in the modern day.

While the Eurykine have not completely forsaken their history, deigning to develop the arts of the refined sword, they now hold more a reputation of scholars and dragons of learned letters over war generals or knights.

50 prestige

current heads ||

37362634.png
Galerius
36905395.png
Ilana

heir apparent ||
N/A

heirs presumptive ||
N/A

branching bloodlines ||
N/A

the eurykine vault ||

coin.png 38 840
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the noble house of valent[/b] || onyx [indent][i]sanipkur phida wer brenztcheeni.[/i][/indent] The Valent are a long-lineaged noble family, made noblesse de robe generations past. However, the history of this ancestry and its rise to power has allegedly been rife with ruthlessness and underhanded dealings— and while in reality no noble family has pristine claws, much blame falls upon the Valent. Not outrightly, of course, as they are an unquestionably influential and powerful family, but unfortunate circumstances are quick to be pinned upon the notoriously private Valent... The truth of matters may never come to light. To this day, though some hold great distaste for the Valent, the family is widely respected for their diplomacy and great wealth- even if begrudgingly so. 50 prestige [b]current heads[/b] || [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37419347] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/374194/37419347.png[/img][/url] [center]Amadeus[/center] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37425283][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/374253/37425283.png[/img] [/url] [center]Savella[/center][/columns] [b]heir apparent[/b] || N/A [b]heirs presumptive[/b] || N/A [b]branching bloodlines[/b] || N/A [b]the valent vault[/b] || 2x[item=silver ore] [indent][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384140424006336513/coin.png[/img] 24 240 [/indent]

the noble house of valent || onyx
sanipkur phida wer brenztcheeni.

The Valent are a long-lineaged noble family, made noblesse de robe generations past. However, the history of this ancestry and its rise to power has allegedly been rife with ruthlessness and underhanded dealings— and while in reality no noble family has pristine claws, much blame falls upon the Valent. Not outrightly, of course, as they are an unquestionably influential and powerful family, but unfortunate circumstances are quick to be pinned upon the notoriously private Valent...

The truth of matters may never come to light. To this day, though some hold great distaste for the Valent, the family is widely respected for their diplomacy and great wealth- even if begrudgingly so.

50 prestige

current heads ||

37419347.png
Amadeus
37425283.png
Savella

heir apparent ||
N/A

heirs presumptive ||
N/A

branching bloodlines ||
N/A

the valent vault ||
2x Silver Ore

coin.png 24 240
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the noble house of arcadia[/b] || prehnite [indent][i]ho'ina raaili thur samayamai.[/i][/indent] The Arcadia are the family thought to have the highest standing by blood of all the noble houses; thought to have a lineage which traces back to the Royal family, the Arcadia are the true "old nobility" and command great reverence. Impeccable social poise and deep understanding of the goings-on of the empire establish Arcadia as a keystone of society in the eyes of the third estate; they are greatly knowledgeable and a steady, reliable force. However, despite possessing many virtues, in their long and sprawling history the Arcadia have been seen to be aloof and occasionally suffering the ills of extensive and ancient families. They are thought to be reluctant to become involved in affairs which may threaten the family's status. 49 prestige [b]current heads[/b] || [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33786413] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/337865/33786413.png[/img][/url] [center]Brie[/center] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36741605][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/367417/36741605.png[/img] [/url] [center]Ceres[/center][/columns] [b]heir apparent[/b] || [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37744800][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/377449/37744800.png[/img][/url] [b]heirs presumptive[/b] || N/A [b]branching bloodlines[/b] || N/A [b]the arcadia vault[/b] || 1x[item=silver ore] [indent][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384140424006336513/coin.png[/img] 26 299 [/indent]

the noble house of arcadia || prehnite
ho'ina raaili thur samayamai.

The Arcadia are the family thought to have the highest standing by blood of all the noble houses; thought to have a lineage which traces back to the Royal family, the Arcadia are the true "old nobility" and command great reverence. Impeccable social poise and deep understanding of the goings-on of the empire establish Arcadia as a keystone of society in the eyes of the third estate; they are greatly knowledgeable and a steady, reliable force.

However, despite possessing many virtues, in their long and sprawling history the Arcadia have been seen to be aloof and occasionally suffering the ills of extensive and ancient families. They are thought to be reluctant to become involved in affairs which may threaten the family's status.

49 prestige

current heads ||

33786413.png
Brie
36741605.png
Ceres

heir apparent ||
37744800.png

heirs presumptive ||
N/A

branching bloodlines ||
N/A

the arcadia vault ||
1x Silver Ore

coin.png 26 299
[center][img]https://s19.postimg.org/jh2j1pntf/MSLant1_L.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/lplawskb7/MSLant3_R.png[/img][img]https://s19.postimg.org/45sq13qhf/MSLant_R.png[/img][/center] [b]the noble house of metzkal[/b] || almandine [indent][i]vi thirku di svanti tiric ti thirku wer ricin.[/i][/indent] The origins of the Metzkal are the least known of all the finely pedigreed noble houses. However, little doubt exists as to the legitimacy of the family's title, and the subject matter is often regarded more as an amusing matter of debate. While occasionally seen as the whimsical of the noble court, the Metzkal are undeniably an intensely powerful force. The family's trade savvy and dogmatic tendencies are alternately revered and feared, despite the family itself being one held to be the most grounded and amicable of the noble families. The Metzkal's complex image of refinery, acumen, and spontaneity, in combination with a curiously mysterious yet deep-set code of values, makes this house of both pride and humility incredibly intriguing to the third estate. 51 prestige [b]current heads[/b] || [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37445032] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/374451/37445032.png[/img][/url] [center]Darugis[/center] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37362548][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/373626/37362548.png[/img] [/url] [center]Ishtar[/center][/columns] [b]heir apparent[/b] || N/A [b]heirs presumptive[/b] || N/A [b]branching bloodlines[/b] || N/A [b]the metzkal vault[/b] || 1x[item=rusted treasure chest] 1x[item=gold ore] [indent][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381588561633476609/384140424006336513/coin.png[/img] 29 087[/indent]

the noble house of metzkal || almandine
vi thirku di svanti tiric ti thirku wer ricin.

The origins of the Metzkal are the least known of all the finely pedigreed noble houses. However, little doubt exists as to the legitimacy of the family's title, and the subject matter is often regarded more as an amusing matter of debate. While occasionally seen as the whimsical of the noble court, the Metzkal are undeniably an intensely powerful force. The family's trade savvy and dogmatic tendencies are alternately revered and feared, despite the family itself being one held to be the most grounded and amicable of the noble families.

The Metzkal's complex image of refinery, acumen, and spontaneity, in combination with a curiously mysterious yet deep-set code of values, makes this house of both pride and humility incredibly intriguing to the third estate.

51 prestige

current heads ||

37445032.png
Darugis
37362548.png
Ishtar

heir apparent ||
N/A

heirs presumptive ||
N/A

branching bloodlines ||
N/A