Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Create-A-Dino Challenge
1 2 3 4
[center][i]Casually doesn't know whether to put this in Creative Corner or Forum Games[/i] [size=6]Create-A-Dino[/size] A little fun challenge :3 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Hello theeeere, since I haven't been active for a while, I thought that I should probably do something to kick start my activity back up again (also I need food for my dergons halp) So! Since I recently created my own Dinosaur species for fun, I figured that it'd be exciting to see everyone else's take on such a task. So, here is the challenge I present to you: By [b]December 15th[/b], you will have to have made the best Dinosaur Species you possibly could conceive. You can enter at any time between today and the last day of November, just be warned, the earlier you join, the more time you have to work on it. Now, here's what you have to do to enter: To enter, you can pay with one of the following: Any 25 pieces of food, 5 Gems, Or 1500 Treasure. There will be three winners. The three winners can pick THREE items from the following list in the order they were placed, so 1st place will have first dibs, third- last. [item=pearl flourish anklets] [item=pearl flourish tail drape] [item=pearl flourish tail clasp] [item=spirit of light] [item=spirit of light] [item=spirit of light] [item=spirit of light] [item=mossy cerdae] [item=cursed bat] [item=emerald cave jewel] [item=Irradiated Astronomer] [item=accent: wavespun ivy] [item=vista: lightweaver] [item=Accent: Shedding Season] [item=spirit of earth] [item=river muck][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37803175][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/378032/37803175.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34237516][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/342376/34237516.png[/img] [/url] [size=6]Now, for guidelines.[/size] Here's an example of what you have to do (Thinks with an astertick * mean they are required. Those without mean they're optional, but will gain you more points.) * (Username, ID, and title a ping to let me know you've completed it) Sketsifi, #258634, @Sketsifi * (Scientific Name (Latin) and Nickname) Avem loricatorum ~ Avaraptor (Eyy-Vah-Raptor) ~ Avalori * (English translation) "Armored Bird” O Classifications ~ Animalia - Chordata - Reptilia - Saurischia - Theropoda - Dromaeosauridae - Velociraptorinae - Avem Loricatorum * O Diet type ~ Carnivorous, Meat - Rodents, Birds, & Small Dinosaurs * O Body structure ~ Lean, feathered, plated O Time ~ Mesozoic Era, Late Cretaceous Period * O Habitat ~ Swamp Lands & Low forest; Humid Climates; Semi Sedentary (Non-nomadic, however, can easily move territory if extreme danger is present) O Rarity - Uncommon O Adaptability ~ Somewhat adaptable to Climates & Regions outside of own * O Hostility ~ Hostile, Territorial * O Relationships ~ Pack Animals; Massive packs containing rank and file * O Survival ~ Intelligent, Fast, Great Dexterity & Nimbleness, Lacking in strength; Can create traps & Sturdy homes such as packed mud dens, twig & leaf ‘Teepees’, or hanging nests * O Height ~ F. 3'1'', M 3'6'' * O Length ~ F. 3'8'' + 1'2'' Tail , M 4'3'' + 1'5'' Tail * O Weight ~ 117 Lbs. * (Doesn't have to be as long as mine, just has to be there :p Make it longer for more points!) O Description ~ A quick, agile, nimble species of Raptor that commonly lived in packs perhaps the size of small forests themselves, called Roosts. In a Roost, there were specific ranks taken on by each of the pack members - the central alpha, one main leader, three deltas, which were known as co-leaders or lieutenants (all four of these leaders being male) and the rest of the pack made up of females and their hatchlings, where the males were allowed to live until they could hunt for their own before being sent off to create a new Roost. As a result, Avalories were much more commonly born as females than males. There were two classifications of the females; Hunters and Trackers. Hunters would go locate and bring down food for their Roost, while trackers would defend territory and fight off enemies. The distinction between males and females could be decided by three aspects - their general size, the size of their spare wings, and their teeth. If their general size was up to the torso of the average human, extra wings the same size of the ones on their arms, and their fangs could be shown when their mouth was closed, they were male. If they were up to the height of the average human hip, their spare wings were smaller, and their two front fangs were hidden when their mouth was closed, they were female. There actually is very little color distinction between the two; both are combinations of scarlets, maroons, and auburns. Their two fangs did not contain any type of poison, however they were the sharpest and longest of the rest, and could be used for easily piercing through the skin of enemies. Their extra wings did not serve any known purpose, and it seemed they may have been flimsy distractions. An Avalori born without these wings were highly cherished among roosts. Avalories could often be found living in river-side burrows and within the compact hanging nests in trees that hung over the water. Though appearing to be better as land or running birds, these Raptors actually were much more talented and adapted to move in water. Atop their heads and back were strong plates in which could be used for defense, curling up into a tight ball like an armadillo when the Raptor felt as if the enemy was too strong to fight claw - to - claw. As a result of having strong armor and yet lean, nimble bodies, Avalories had hollow bones. Unfortunately, they couldn’t fly, due to the weight of their armor and their small ‘wing’ structure along their arm. However, another feature they developed was an extra pair of wings growing out of the base of their tailbone. They soon became one of, if not the only dinosaur to naturally have more than four limbs. The reason these clever creatures were never discovered by scientists was due to living near or in waterbeds, their bones being broken up by erosion and entirely destroyed over the thousands of years they were extinct. Due to living in this area, they were called ‘Deum de flumine’, or God of the River/Riverbank by some of the earlier tribes. The paintings of these Raptors presented them as very tribal/Aztec-like creatures with a with a wild and vicious yet still orderly behavior. Which, in a way was somewhat true in itself, however the great feasts they held and clothing they wore were certainly not, as they were depicted with magnificent headdresses, jewelry, and cloth garb. The eggs of Avalories were a pale tannish white, as most eggs were, with several dark splotches of black spots along their sides. Young Avalories had the same gender distinctions and features as their parents, however, their tail-wings grew later on in the adolescent stage. [img]https://s1.postimg.org/2016fy46u7/Screenshot_2017-10-18_at_4.51.28_PM.png[/img] * Remember that you MUST include the difference between male and female somewhere in your form, whether it is in the description or is a category in itself * Pictures, images, and drawings are optional, but highly recommended! If you don't have a picture, make the most detailed description possible. Remember, it must be YOUR ART or art you have OFFICIALLY paid for and have been given explicit rights to. [size=6]And finally, rules![/size] o Be KIND to the other contestants, and feel free to share ideas and suggest improvements! o No plagiarism, ESPECIALLY if your sharing ideas! If one species seems nearly exactly the same as another, you'll lose points or be DISQUALIFIED! o You MUST send in your ticket payment BEFORE you begin working on your species! o It MUST be a dinosaur of some sort - no zebra-sparkledog-griffin hybrids, please! o Do not complain if you came LOWER on the list or DIDN'T PLACE! There's always going to be another chance! o Have fun! ^~^ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Pinglist & Contestants: @Taswell @Lannisfire @Coragyps @Sludgy @Violetah -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Super Button Because It's Amazing [img]https://s1.postimg.org/79x7mipd7j/j7w_TZ9_I.png[/img] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2301469][img]https://s1.postimg.org/79x7mipd7j/j7w_TZ9_I.png[/img][/url][/code] Made by @LotusCandy!
Casually doesn't know whether to put this in Creative Corner or Forum Games

Create-A-Dino
A little fun challenge :3
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hello theeeere, since I haven't been active for a while, I thought that I should probably do something to kick start my activity back up again (also I need food for my dergons halp)

So! Since I recently created my own Dinosaur species for fun, I figured that it'd be exciting to see everyone else's take on such a task. So, here is the challenge I present to you:

By December 15th, you will have to have made the best Dinosaur Species you possibly could conceive. You can enter at any time between today and the last day of November, just be warned, the earlier you join, the more time you have to work on it. Now, here's what you have to do to enter:

To enter, you can pay with one of the following:

Any 25 pieces of food,
5 Gems,
Or 1500 Treasure.

There will be three winners. The three winners can pick THREE items from the following list in the order they were placed, so 1st place will have first dibs, third- last.

Pearl Flourish Anklets Pearl Flourish Tail Drape Pearl Flourish Tail Clasp Spirit of Light Spirit of Light Spirit of Light Spirit of Light Mossy Cerdae Cursed Bat Emerald Cave Jewel Irradiated Astronomer Accent: Wavespun Ivy Vista: Lightweaver Accent: Shedding Season Spirit of Earth River Muck 37803175.png
34237516.png

Now, for guidelines.
Here's an example of what you have to do (Thinks with an astertick * mean they are required. Those without mean they're optional, but will gain you more points.)

* (Username, ID, and title a ping to let me know you've completed it) Sketsifi, #258634, @Sketsifi
* (Scientific Name (Latin) and Nickname) Avem loricatorum ~ Avaraptor (Eyy-Vah-Raptor) ~ Avalori
* (English translation) "Armored Bird”

O Classifications ~ Animalia - Chordata - Reptilia - Saurischia - Theropoda - Dromaeosauridae - Velociraptorinae - Avem Loricatorum

* O Diet type ~ Carnivorous, Meat - Rodents, Birds, & Small Dinosaurs

* O Body structure ~ Lean, feathered, plated

O Time ~ Mesozoic Era, Late Cretaceous Period

* O Habitat ~ Swamp Lands & Low forest; Humid Climates; Semi Sedentary (Non-nomadic, however, can easily move territory if extreme danger is present)

O Rarity - Uncommon

O Adaptability ~ Somewhat adaptable to Climates & Regions outside of own

* O Hostility ~ Hostile, Territorial

* O Relationships ~ Pack Animals; Massive packs containing rank and file

* O Survival ~ Intelligent, Fast, Great Dexterity & Nimbleness, Lacking in strength; Can create traps & Sturdy homes such as packed mud dens, twig & leaf ‘Teepees’, or hanging nests

* O Height ~ F. 3'1'', M 3'6''

* O Length ~ F. 3'8'' + 1'2'' Tail , M 4'3'' + 1'5'' Tail

* O Weight ~ 117 Lbs.

* (Doesn't have to be as long as mine, just has to be there :p Make it longer for more points!) O Description ~ A quick, agile, nimble species of Raptor that commonly lived in packs perhaps the size of small forests themselves, called Roosts. In a Roost, there were specific ranks taken on by each of the pack members - the central alpha, one main leader, three deltas, which were known as co-leaders or lieutenants (all four of these leaders being male) and the rest of the pack made up of females and their hatchlings, where the males were allowed to live until they could hunt for their own before being sent off to create a new Roost. As a result, Avalories were much more commonly born as females than males. There were two classifications of the females; Hunters and Trackers. Hunters would go locate and bring down food for their Roost, while trackers would defend territory and fight off enemies. The distinction between males and females could be decided by three aspects - their general size, the size of their spare wings, and their teeth. If their general size was up to the torso of the average human, extra wings the same size of the ones on their arms, and their fangs could be shown when their mouth was closed, they were male. If they were up to the height of the average human hip, their spare wings were smaller, and their two front fangs were hidden when their mouth was closed, they were female. There actually is very little color distinction between the two; both are combinations of scarlets,
maroons, and auburns.

Their two fangs did not contain any type of poison, however they were the sharpest and longest of the rest, and could be used for easily piercing through the skin of enemies. Their extra wings did not serve any known purpose, and it seemed they may have been flimsy distractions. An Avalori born without these wings were highly cherished among roosts.

Avalories could often be found living in river-side burrows and within the compact hanging nests in trees that hung over the water. Though appearing to be better as land or running birds, these Raptors actually were much more talented and adapted to move in water. Atop their heads and back were strong plates in which could be used for defense, curling up into a tight ball like an armadillo when the Raptor felt as if the enemy was too strong to fight claw - to - claw. As a result of having strong armor and yet lean, nimble bodies, Avalories had hollow bones. Unfortunately, they couldn’t fly, due to the weight of their armor and their small ‘wing’ structure along their arm. However, another feature they developed was an extra pair of wings growing out of the base of their tailbone. They soon became one of, if not the only dinosaur to naturally have more than four limbs.

The reason these clever creatures were never discovered by scientists was due to living near or in waterbeds, their bones being broken up by erosion and entirely destroyed over the thousands of years they were extinct. Due to living in this area, they were called ‘Deum de flumine’, or God of the River/Riverbank by some of the earlier tribes. The paintings of these Raptors presented them as very tribal/Aztec-like creatures with a with a wild and vicious yet still orderly behavior. Which, in a way was somewhat true in itself, however the great feasts they held and clothing they wore were certainly not, as they were depicted with magnificent headdresses, jewelry, and cloth garb. The eggs of Avalories were a pale tannish white, as most eggs were, with several dark splotches of black spots along their sides. Young Avalories had the same gender distinctions and features as their parents, however, their tail-wings grew later on in the adolescent stage.

Screenshot_2017-10-18_at_4.51.28_PM.png

* Remember that you MUST include the difference between male and female somewhere in your form, whether it is in the description or is a category in itself

* Pictures, images, and drawings are optional, but highly recommended! If you don't have a picture, make the most detailed description possible. Remember, it must be YOUR ART or art you have OFFICIALLY paid for and have been given explicit rights to.

And finally, rules!
o Be KIND to the other contestants, and feel free to share ideas and suggest improvements!
o No plagiarism, ESPECIALLY if your sharing ideas! If one species seems nearly exactly the same as another, you'll lose points or be DISQUALIFIED!
o You MUST send in your ticket payment BEFORE you begin working on your species!
o It MUST be a dinosaur of some sort - no zebra-sparkledog-griffin hybrids, please!
o Do not complain if you came LOWER on the list or DIDN'T PLACE! There's always going to be another chance!
o Have fun! ^~^

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pinglist & Contestants:
@Taswell
@Lannisfire
@Coragyps
@Sludgy
@Violetah

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Super Button Because It's Amazing

j7w_TZ9_I.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2301469][img]https://s1.postimg.org/79x7mipd7j/j7w_TZ9_I.png[/img][/url]

Made by @LotusCandy!
theultimatecatsig.gif xSkets | She/Her | Bi | Capricorn | Meme | FR + 2
xAuthor | D&D Enthusiast | Worldbuilder | Too Many OCs

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
.......................9UzrfV3.png
Boop!
Boop!

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
Boop x2, the sequel
Boop x2, the sequel

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
This looks pretty neat! If I have time between classes and work I might join.
This looks pretty neat! If I have time between classes and work I might join.
@GalaxyGoldfish

Aaa, awesome! Hope you get time ^^
@GalaxyGoldfish

Aaa, awesome! Hope you get time ^^

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
Boop!
Boop!

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
@Sketsifi
This is so cool! I shall enter. The ticket payment will be sent in a PM.
@Sketsifi
This is so cool! I shall enter. The ticket payment will be sent in a PM.
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
@Taswell

That shall be very good. :3
@Taswell

That shall be very good. :3

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
@Sketsifi

This looks awesome! I'm definitely going to enter. Payment will be sent in a crossroads trade very soon.
@Sketsifi

This looks awesome! I'm definitely going to enter. Payment will be sent in a crossroads trade very soon.
Zf61Anz.png
~ Username/ID: Taswell, 210359 ~ Scientific name: Alta Avem (tall bird) ~ Nickname: Altavem (all-tuh-ay-vim) ~ Classification: Animalia - Chordata - Dinosauria - Sauriscia - Therapoda - Oviraptoridae - Alta Avem ~ Diet: Omnivorous, eats small animals/seafood/insects, leaves/nuts, and occasionally fruit. Usually refuses to scavenge for meat caught by other predators, though. ~ Body Structure: Tall, with strong legs and long, dexterous fingers. Has a large crown on top of head, also has a small but strong beak much like other oviraptoridae dinosaurs. Tail is neither very long or very short. ~ Time period: Mesozoic Era, Mid Cretaceous Period ~ Habitat: Polar forests ~ Rarity: Relatively common ~ Adaptability: Adaptable, but prefers not to change territory. ~ Hostility: Defensive, will fight back if threatened. ~ Relationships: Altavems are somewhat solitary dinosaurs. They stay with their mates for life, but when hatchlings are old enough to survive on their own, they leave their parents. ~ Survival: Can run fast in order to escape predators, but they are not strong enough to take down large dinosaurs. However, an Altavem can usually find an insect nest, plants, or small fish or rodents to eat. ~ Height: Male: 5'10" Female: 6' ~ Length: Male: 6' body, plus a 2'3" tail Female: 6'3" body, plus a 2'7" tail ~ Weight: 146lb ~ Description: Altavems were tall dinosaurs of the Oviraptoridae family, known for the male's striking black and white plumage, bright blue crest, blue throat, and cerulean eyes. Females of this species had mottled, dark brown feathers (to blend in with the forest) and, much like the males, blue eyes. These eyes varied in shade, but every Altavem had some sort of blue eyes. The egg of an Altavem is tan, and nests are made on the ground and hidden in leaves. Chicks have gray down, and no other feathers. Because nests rarely have more than two eggs, it is very important that the parents of those eggs guard them well. Unless they have laid a nest, most of the time these oviraptor-like dinosaurs live alone or with their mates. Since they can run fast, there is no need for safety in numbers- most dinosaurs that would pose a threat to them are too slow to catch an Altavem. The roles of male and females were similar to those of modern birds - meaning the female often stayed to guard the nest, and the male was tasked with foraging/hunting. If another dinosaur were to attack, both Altavem would fight, however. The female is larger than the male, and is stronger in combat but typically chooses to wait until the male is wounded/defeated before entering a fight. This is because she may be able to escape, and hide eggs elsewhere. However, once the female hides her eggs she immediately runs back to attack whoever threatened the nest. The Altavem is not particularly nomadic, but can adapt to a new environment if necessary. Protofeathers on an Altavem are surprisingly warm, due to the fact that they have three layers - the one closest to the skin is fluffy gray down feathers, the one in the middle is gray guard feathers to keep the dinosaur from getting wet or getting parasites attached to its skin, and the one farthest from the skin is a thin layer that provides no warmth but helps with camoflage or contrast. Patterns on the outer layer of feather vary between individuals. Gray feathers on an adult are an indicator that an Altavem is not healthy, since it shows that that dinosaur is losing its outer layer of plumage. However, juviniles commonly have gray on them since they are still developing their outer feathers. [img]https://s1.postimg.org/8f044uhyun/altavem.png[/img]
~ Username/ID: Taswell, 210359

~ Scientific name: Alta Avem (tall bird)

~ Nickname: Altavem (all-tuh-ay-vim)

~ Classification: Animalia - Chordata - Dinosauria - Sauriscia - Therapoda - Oviraptoridae - Alta Avem

~ Diet: Omnivorous, eats small animals/seafood/insects, leaves/nuts, and occasionally fruit. Usually refuses to scavenge for meat caught by other predators, though.

~ Body Structure: Tall, with strong legs and long, dexterous fingers. Has a large crown on top of head, also has a small but strong beak much like other oviraptoridae dinosaurs. Tail is neither very long or very short.

~ Time period: Mesozoic Era, Mid Cretaceous Period

~ Habitat: Polar forests

~ Rarity: Relatively common

~ Adaptability: Adaptable, but prefers not to change territory.

~ Hostility: Defensive, will fight back if threatened.

~ Relationships: Altavems are somewhat solitary dinosaurs. They stay with their mates for life, but when hatchlings are old enough to survive on their own, they leave their parents.

~ Survival: Can run fast in order to escape predators, but they are not strong enough to take down large dinosaurs. However, an Altavem can usually find an insect nest, plants, or small fish or rodents to eat.

~ Height:
Male: 5'10"
Female: 6'

~ Length:
Male: 6' body, plus a 2'3" tail
Female: 6'3" body, plus a 2'7" tail

~ Weight: 146lb

~ Description: Altavems were tall dinosaurs of the Oviraptoridae family, known for the male's striking black and white plumage, bright blue crest, blue throat, and cerulean eyes. Females of this species had mottled, dark brown feathers (to blend in with the forest) and, much like the males, blue eyes. These eyes varied in shade, but every Altavem had some sort of blue eyes. The egg of an Altavem is tan, and nests are made on the ground and hidden in leaves. Chicks have gray down, and no other feathers. Because nests rarely have more than two eggs, it is very important that the parents of those eggs guard them well. Unless they have laid a nest, most of the time these oviraptor-like dinosaurs live alone or with their mates. Since they can run fast, there is no need for safety in numbers- most dinosaurs that would pose a threat to them are too slow to catch an Altavem. The roles of male and females were similar to those of modern birds - meaning the female often stayed to guard the nest, and the male was tasked with foraging/hunting. If another dinosaur were to attack, both Altavem would fight, however. The female is larger than the male, and is stronger in combat but typically chooses to wait until the male is wounded/defeated before entering a fight. This is because she may be able to escape, and hide eggs elsewhere. However, once the female hides her eggs she immediately runs back to attack whoever threatened the nest. The Altavem is not particularly nomadic, but can adapt to a new environment if necessary. Protofeathers on an Altavem are surprisingly warm, due to the fact that they have three layers - the one closest to the skin is fluffy gray down feathers, the one in the middle is gray guard feathers to keep the dinosaur from getting wet or getting parasites attached to its skin, and the one farthest from the skin is a thin layer that provides no warmth but helps with camoflage or contrast. Patterns on the outer layer of feather vary between individuals. Gray feathers on an adult are an indicator that an Altavem is not healthy, since it shows that that dinosaur is losing its outer layer of plumage. However, juviniles commonly have gray on them since they are still developing their outer feathers.
altavem.png
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
1 2 3 4