Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest 2017 Discussio
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49
Question: can we use a blending tool/gradient tools that are part of our art application?
Question: can we use a blending tool/gradient tools that are part of our art application?
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
I'm excited! This is the first time I'e participated in a coloring contest~ The cockatrice are so gorgeous, i had to try my hand at one
I'm excited! This is the first time I'e participated in a coloring contest~ The cockatrice are so gorgeous, i had to try my hand at one
10545843_qa4oy8AnldwZ5JQ.png
[quote name="felinekind" date=2017-10-17 14:14:59] what part of no spot reservations do people not understand jesus christ [/quote] Srsly. It's literally stated to be against the rules and yet on the first page there's people doing it. :/ Like, I get it, you want to be seen first, but I started from scratch and took like 3 hours and still got my entry in on page 6. Not to mention the contest is open for over a month, being on the first page isn't going to guarantee you a win. [quote name="@mPhish" date=2017-10-17 15:05:46] Question: can we use a blending tool/gradient tools that are part of our art application? [/quote] I certainly hope so, cos that's like 80% of my entry. I was basing the "gradient/blending" rule off the flats example -- the Bunny's nose is basically what I did for mine. But hopefully we can get some clarification from @Undel cos if I'm wrong then I'm disqualified :/
felinekind wrote on 2017-10-17:
what part of no spot reservations do people not understand jesus christ

Srsly. It's literally stated to be against the rules and yet on the first page there's people doing it. :/ Like, I get it, you want to be seen first, but I started from scratch and took like 3 hours and still got my entry in on page 6. Not to mention the contest is open for over a month, being on the first page isn't going to guarantee you a win.
@mPhish wrote on 2017-10-17:

I certainly hope so, cos that's like 80% of my entry. I was basing the "gradient/blending" rule off the flats example -- the Bunny's nose is basically what I did for mine. But hopefully we can get some clarification from @Undel cos if I'm wrong then I'm disqualified :/
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
i spent like 2 hours on this dude [quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2017-10-17 15:30:02] heres [u]Stellarmantle Cockatrice[/u] (im sure you staff can come up with a better name though) [img]https://i.imgur.com/YfzoBOO.png[/img] its heavy on gradients and dots because i had to improvise with my paint.net (how do i make this not a link!!) and mouse also casually using arcanists palette [/quote] ok guys how does he look like [quote name="felinekind" date=2017-10-17 14:14:59] what part of no spot reservations do people not understand jesus christ [/quote] ^^^^ [quote name="@catgame21234" date=2017-10-17 14:06:29] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7mDZbDR.png[/img] the heck is this part? [/quote] i think its the ear. on the preview you can see its kinda shade d like that too.
i spent like 2 hours on this dude
PixelSpiral wrote on 2017-10-17:
heres Stellarmantle Cockatrice (im sure you staff can come up with a better name though)
YfzoBOO.png
its heavy on gradients and dots because i had to improvise with my paint.net (how do i make this not a link!!) and mouse
also casually using arcanists palette
ok guys how does he look like
felinekind wrote on 2017-10-17:
what part of no spot reservations do people not understand jesus christ
^^^^
@catgame21234 wrote on 2017-10-17:
7mDZbDR.png
the heck is this part?
i think its the ear. on the preview you can see its kinda shade d like that too.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
/)(\
gosh, i'm embarrassed at the submission. there are already so many pretty ones. ;;;
But I'm excited to see all the entries for the contest. I love the bases :3
/)(\
gosh, i'm embarrassed at the submission. there are already so many pretty ones. ;;;
But I'm excited to see all the entries for the contest. I love the bases :3
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
[code][/code]@PixelSpiral you respect the distance between the dots too much. Just to compare [img]http://wwwcdn.skyandtelescope.com/wp-content/uploads/Sky-stars-magnitude-6.5-limit_ST_edited-2.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YfzoBOO.png[/img] make it really random or go home. go big or go home. also TY for help,could i ping you for a crit when i do mine? im here to bounce off of too if you make any other new viersions.a good coloring does take along time to come up with and exicute.
Code:
@PixelSpiral
you respect the distance between the dots too much. Just to compare

Sky-stars-magnitude-6.5-limit_ST_edited-2.jpg

YfzoBOO.png

make it really random or go home.
go big or go home.

also TY for help,could i ping you for a crit when i do mine?
im here to bounce off of too if you make any other new viersions.a good coloring does take along time to come up with and exicute.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name=@catgame21234 date=2017-10-17 14:06:29] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7mDZbDR.png[/img] the heck is this part? [/quote] @PixelSpiral [s]That's just the skin over his beak or his other brow, depending where you're pointing[/s] [s]Not his ear...[/s] Wait you're pointing down there that just a [s]skin flap[/s] wattle pretty sure Chickens don't have visible ears like mammals, they have holes under their feathers [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Rooster_portrait03_dec08.jpg/320px-Rooster_portrait03_dec08.jpg[/img]
@catgame21234 wrote on 2017-10-17:
7mDZbDR.png
the heck is this part?

@PixelSpiral

That's just the skin over his beak or his other brow, depending where you're pointing

Not his ear...

Wait you're pointing down there that just a skin flap wattle pretty sure

Chickens don't have visible ears like mammals, they have holes under their feathers
320px-Rooster_portrait03_dec08.jpg
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
There are already so many wonderful entries!

Here are some of my favorites by their artist (pages may change if some posts are deleted):

Cockatrice:
MistressOlive (pg 5)
Autopilot (pg 6)
Tanagwal (pg 7)

Leaf Gecko:
HulluRichie (pg 1)
AlpineHell (pg2)
stanley (pg 5)

Pangolin:
Poppette (pg1)
Midgew (pg 2)
Saintly (pg 3)
Pannathian (pg 4)
Speedythecat (pg 7)

Uniwhale:
Eeviee (pg 2)
orewatowi (pg 5)

I look forward to seeing more!
There are already so many wonderful entries!

Here are some of my favorites by their artist (pages may change if some posts are deleted):

Cockatrice:
MistressOlive (pg 5)
Autopilot (pg 6)
Tanagwal (pg 7)

Leaf Gecko:
HulluRichie (pg 1)
AlpineHell (pg2)
stanley (pg 5)

Pangolin:
Poppette (pg1)
Midgew (pg 2)
Saintly (pg 3)
Pannathian (pg 4)
Speedythecat (pg 7)

Uniwhale:
Eeviee (pg 2)
orewatowi (pg 5)

I look forward to seeing more!
EYhnjwN.png
Question:
Anybody know how to open the file for coloring in Gimp?
Question:
Anybody know how to open the file for coloring in Gimp?
Any thoughts on this fellow? [img]http://i.imgur.com/PJbdKbH.jpg[/img] It's meant to have a color scheme similar to a Bird of Paradise...though, I obviously took some liberties. Would it qualify?
Any thoughts on this fellow?

PJbdKbH.jpg

It's meant to have a color scheme similar to a Bird of Paradise...though, I obviously took some liberties. Would it qualify?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49