Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | ROR familiar concept contest [Live now!]
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZhUNmU3.png[/img] This is a contest to see who can come up with the coolest familiar for Riot of Rot! All those submissions with illustrations will be judged in a separate circuit but can be submitted into any category. That is, if you personally illustrate your own familiar, it will be judged separately, but using images from google, etc... in the non-illustrated circuit is perfectly fine. Submissions will be accepted from october first to the 31st. Each category will have 1st, 2nd and, 3rd place with 2 runners up. You can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win once. Categories Plague Eve Of The Exalted Halloween Prizes: [Item=Mutant Chest] [Item=Contaminated Chest] [Item=Cursed Watcher Chest] [Item=Cradle Of Goo Chest] [Item=Shedding Season Chest] [Item=Plague Doctor Chest] Illustrated Circut [LIST=1] [*]1st: 1st pick of the above chests and 30 gems + surprise goodies [*]2nd:3rd pick of the above chests and 20 gems + surprise goodies [*]3rd:5th pick of the above chests and 10 gems +surprise goodies [*]Runners up: Iron Chest [/LIST] Non-Illustrated circut [LIST=1] [*]1st: 2nd pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept. [*]2nd:4th pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept [*]3rd:6th pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept. [*]Runners up: Iron Chest [/LIST] Submission Form: [quote] Username: Circut: Category: Description: [/quote] If you want to be added to the pinglist ask below.
ZhUNmU3.png

This is a contest to see who can come up with the coolest familiar for Riot of Rot!
All those submissions with illustrations will be judged in a separate circuit but can be submitted into any category. That is, if you personally illustrate your own familiar, it will be judged separately, but using images from google, etc... in the non-illustrated circuit is perfectly fine.
Submissions will be accepted from october first to the 31st. Each category will have 1st, 2nd and, 3rd place with 2 runners up. You can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win once.

Categories

Plague
Eve Of The Exalted
Halloween

Prizes:
Mutant Chest Contaminated Chest Cursed Watcher Chest Cradle of Goo Chest Shedding Season Chest Plague Doctor Chest

Illustrated Circut
  1. 1st: 1st pick of the above chests and 30 gems + surprise goodies
  2. 2nd:3rd pick of the above chests and 20 gems + surprise goodies
  3. 3rd:5th pick of the above chests and 10 gems +surprise goodies
  4. Runners up: Iron Chest

Non-Illustrated circut
  1. 1st: 2nd pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept.
  2. 2nd:4th pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept
  3. 3rd:6th pick of the above chests and an illustration of your concept.
  4. Runners up: Iron Chest

Submission Form:
Quote:
Username:
Circut:
Category:
Description:
If you want to be added to the pinglist ask below.
Plague_Banner.png
@AvatarMars Hi ^^ I'd like to participate but I don't really get the "Illustrated and non illustrated circut"... Also, could you tell us more about the categories? Thanks and sorry for those questions!
@AvatarMars Hi ^^ I'd like to participate but I don't really get the "Illustrated and non illustrated circut"... Also, could you tell us more about the categories? Thanks and sorry for those questions!
y9KNddP.png
@AlisterGlory An illustratoin is a picture, drawing, sketch, figure, graphic :P so basically when you can literally see the familiar that the person comes up with.

Not illustrated is literature, so a description of what it looks like, or any other way really to show what the familiar should look like without pictures.

@AvatarMars Please correct me if I'm wrong though! :)
@AlisterGlory An illustratoin is a picture, drawing, sketch, figure, graphic :P so basically when you can literally see the familiar that the person comes up with.

Not illustrated is literature, so a description of what it looks like, or any other way really to show what the familiar should look like without pictures.

@AvatarMars Please correct me if I'm wrong though! :)
@inuraichi Ooh thanks =D
@inuraichi Ooh thanks =D
y9KNddP.png
Saltbound Survivor - ----- The bonebound survivor is, of course, a Lammergeier-like animal. They eat almost nothing but bones and dye their feathers with clay dust. [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltrilb6Y1p1qklu30o1_500.jpg[/img] It is all reddish, with the same eyes and everything, but it's feathers are coated in a dark grey-black salt substance. This is based off of the creatures that lived in Salt Lake Natron: [img]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1386245/thumbs/o-CALCIFIED-FISH-EAGLE-900.jpg[/img] Except this bird is very, very much alive. It's eyes still glow with the faint reddish-crimson hue, t's beak still working. It is a survivor, nothing more. [b]Descriptions:[/b] Fest: This bird braved the Wyrmwound for it's patron Deity. (Riot of Rot festival familiar 2018) Non-Fest, from scavenging in Plague: This creature lives in the lands around the Wyrmwound, it's feathers hardened and solidified from years of being around the mutagen. Did it just blink at you?
Saltbound Survivor -

The bonebound survivor is, of course, a Lammergeier-like animal. They eat almost nothing but bones and dye their feathers with clay dust.

tumblr_ltrilb6Y1p1qklu30o1_500.jpg

It is all reddish, with the same eyes and everything, but it's feathers are coated in a dark grey-black salt substance. This is based off of the creatures that lived in Salt Lake Natron:

o-CALCIFIED-FISH-EAGLE-900.jpg

Except this bird is very, very much alive. It's eyes still glow with the faint reddish-crimson hue, t's beak still working. It is a survivor, nothing more.

Descriptions:

Fest: This bird braved the Wyrmwound for it's patron Deity. (Riot of Rot festival familiar 2018)

Non-Fest, from scavenging in Plague: This creature lives in the lands around the Wyrmwound, it's feathers hardened and solidified from years of being around the mutagen. Did it just blink at you?
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@AvatarMars

This seems interesting, I'd like to join! For illustrated, can we draw the familiar?
@AvatarMars

This seems interesting, I'd like to join! For illustrated, can we draw the familiar?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
@AvatarMars
The Infected Scorpion lurks within the Scarred Wasteland, hunting for prey. It is blind, but uses its sensitive whiskers and fur to locate unlucky explorers and members of the Plague Flight. This arachnid is the same size as your average Mirror dragon, so beware its disease-filled claws and stinger! One sting is enough to bring down the mightiest Snapper. However, this monstrous creature does have a weakness - there are rotten pieces of its exoskeleton. Take those off, and it's as vulnerable as a Pearlcatcher who lost their pearl.

ROR Description: This arachnid's poisonous claws are the weapon of its Diety.
Normal familiar description: An arachnid lurks, waiting with its stinger ready. It has no eyes, but it seems to have noticed you...
@AvatarMars
The Infected Scorpion lurks within the Scarred Wasteland, hunting for prey. It is blind, but uses its sensitive whiskers and fur to locate unlucky explorers and members of the Plague Flight. This arachnid is the same size as your average Mirror dragon, so beware its disease-filled claws and stinger! One sting is enough to bring down the mightiest Snapper. However, this monstrous creature does have a weakness - there are rotten pieces of its exoskeleton. Take those off, and it's as vulnerable as a Pearlcatcher who lost their pearl.

ROR Description: This arachnid's poisonous claws are the weapon of its Diety.
Normal familiar description: An arachnid lurks, waiting with its stinger ready. It has no eyes, but it seems to have noticed you...
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
@Wepwawet @Inuraichi @AlisterGlory
The illustrated circuit is for those who draw their familiar themselves. I did it that way so that myself and the other judges wouldn't be biased to those submissions with art and end up ignoring other great ideas. Sorry for the confusion, I really should've made that clearer! :)
@Wepwawet @Inuraichi @AlisterGlory
The illustrated circuit is for those who draw their familiar themselves. I did it that way so that myself and the other judges wouldn't be biased to those submissions with art and end up ignoring other great ideas. Sorry for the confusion, I really should've made that clearer! :)
Plague_Banner.png
@AvatarMars Username: Draconequis Circuit: Illustrated Category: Plague Description: Viscous Plasma [img]https://i.gyazo.com/ca0e0e4f8ca5b572dd360e0636fa8810.png[/img] ROR description: This sludge emerged from the Wyrmwound to serve the Plaguebringer (Riot of Rot Celebration Holiday Item 2017) Non-festival description: Lurking in the Wyrmwound, it uses its coloring too seamlessly blend into its surroundings and snare any prey which happens to wander too close. Its body is thick like tar, so once it has you, you aren't getting out.
@AvatarMars

Username: Draconequis
Circuit: Illustrated
Category: Plague
Description:

Viscous Plasma

ca0e0e4f8ca5b572dd360e0636fa8810.png

ROR description: This sludge emerged from the Wyrmwound to serve the Plaguebringer (Riot of Rot Celebration Holiday Item 2017)

Non-festival description: Lurking in the Wyrmwound, it uses its coloring too seamlessly blend into its surroundings and snare any prey which happens to wander too close. Its body is thick like tar, so once it has you, you aren't getting out.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Username: Cheshly
Circut: Non-Illustrated circut
Description:
link to image: here
Tardigrade - You did it! You found the familiar most likely to live through another Arcanist experiment. Maybe if you get close enough, they'll tell you their secrets.

Why: These "animals", if you can call something so tiny an animal, are able to live through almost anything. For example, they can live in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, pressures about six times greater than those in the deepest oceans, ionizing radiation, and the vacuum of outer space. As we all know, Plaguemama's creatures are survivors, and I imagine she'd have a soft spot for something so small and adorable but also hearty.
Username: Cheshly
Circut: Non-Illustrated circut
Description:
link to image: here
Tardigrade - You did it! You found the familiar most likely to live through another Arcanist experiment. Maybe if you get close enough, they'll tell you their secrets.

Why: These "animals", if you can call something so tiny an animal, are able to live through almost anything. For example, they can live in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, pressures about six times greater than those in the deepest oceans, ionizing radiation, and the vacuum of outer space. As we all know, Plaguemama's creatures are survivors, and I imagine she'd have a soft spot for something so small and adorable but also hearty.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
1 2 3 4