Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Artists Check for PROJECT:ALPHA-BET
1 2
[center] [size=6][b]PROJECT ALPHA-BET[/b][/size] [size=5][b]An Overly Ambitious Art Community Quest[/b][/size] [b]NOTE : [/b] Main thread once this starts will be posted [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2286654]HERE[/url] [size=4][b]About the Project & Project Rules[/b][/size] Hey there, my name is Irva, and right now I am calling all my fellow artists to see who would be interested in participating in this giant collaboration! I don't have much time to draw these days and I know a lot of artists like me who want a reason to draw, but don't have the time really to keep up with their adoptable or commission shops. Even for those who do, perhaps they want to have a bit of fun with the community, need something to help with art block, or just want something to do. If any of that sounds like you, then please read on! [b]First off : Why is it called Alpha-Bet?[/b] Because it's an alphabetical breeding that starts with an alpha pair. And a irl friend of mine bet me that it couldn't be done and/or completed. [b]So, what is it?[/b] On Halloween night, a special basket of sweets will be born. A nest born from these two Gen 1 Dragons : [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35946020] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359461/35946020_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Atarah[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35946008] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359461/35946008_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Amir[/b] ------------------------------- [b]Rules[/b] From here on out, the following rules will apply : 1. Each generation MUST have a name that begins with the next letter of the alphabet from their parents. Example : Atarah and Amir's children are all going to have names that begin with the letter B. Their children will have their names begin with the letter C. So on and So forth. 2. Each dragon MUST be paired with a dragon whose name begins with the same letter. So, for example, any hatchlings in the B generation should only breed with dragons whose names begin with the letter B. Otherwise, the mate is entirely up to the artist. Genes, colors, and breeds ultimately don't matter. Though trying to diversify the gene pool is highly encouraged~! 3. Every hatchling gets their own art, created by the artist who owns the lair they were hatched in. For example : I will be drawing the art for Atarah and Amir's hatchlings. However, whoever receives one of the offspring and breeds them will be drawing the art for those hatchlings. 4. This piece of art can be anything from dragon to gijinka. This can also be anything from headshots to busts to full body works. However, it MUST be colored! Adoptables are entirely acceptable, so long as they are still made by the artist who hatched these dragons! 5. All hatchlings must be sent out to different artists to be bred for the next generation. Please send an invitation to said artist to make sure they want to be part of the project before sending over the hatchling. This can be done via message or, alternatively, Instead of sending a message, you can also choose to select a name randomly from the Artist Masterlist (see below) and ping that person in this thread. Note : These artists [b]can[/b] most certainly be recurring artists who have participated in the challenge before. However, it is highly encouraged to invite as many new people as possible. Once all hatchlings have been sent out, it is entirely up to the artist as to what you want to do with them 6. This is less a rule and more a request, but when you've finished each piece, if you could send a message @Irva with a link to your piece, it would be much appreciated. All works will be added to the Collection and, eventually, the Collage. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- [size=4][b]Extra Info and Conclusion[/b][/size] This thread will continue to update with new posts for each generation that gets finished and anyone who wants to discuss / volunteer to be new or returning artists for the project The Quest finally ends when all Generation Z dragons have hatched and have had all their artwork submitted! At the end, I am going to attempt to make one massive collage/mural of everyone's work and post it. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [size=4][b]Artist Masterlist[/b][/size] This is a pinglist of any and all artists interested in being an artist or recurring artist for the project. Instead of sending a message, you can also choose to select a name randomly from this pinglist and ping the person in this thread. Be sure to let me know if you'd like to be a one time participant (if so, please ping me when you've received a hatchling) or if you're open to being a return artist. [b]Premium Picks : We've Never Gotten a Hatchling[/b] @BettaFishy , @aortalex , @DragonWarrior333 , @Anny , [b]Returning All-Stars : We've Been Through This Before[/b] @Irva [size=4][b]General Pinglist[/b][/size] For any and all who want to be kept up to date with the project @BettaFishy ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [size=4][b]Artwork Links[/b][/size] [b]Artwork for Generation A :[/b] -WIP- [b]Other Generations[/b] -Not yet available- ---------------------------------------------------------- [size=4][b]Signature and Affiliations[/b][/size] -WIP- [/center]
PROJECT ALPHA-BET
An Overly Ambitious Art Community Quest

NOTE : Main thread once this starts will be posted HERE

About the Project & Project Rules

Hey there, my name is Irva, and right now I am calling all my fellow artists to see who would be interested in participating in this giant collaboration! I don't have much time to draw these days and I know a lot of artists like me who want a reason to draw, but don't have the time really to keep up with their adoptable or commission shops. Even for those who do, perhaps they want to have a bit of fun with the community, need something to help with art block, or just want something to do.

If any of that sounds like you, then please read on!

First off : Why is it called Alpha-Bet?

Because it's an alphabetical breeding that starts with an alpha pair. And a irl friend of mine bet me that it couldn't be done and/or completed.

So, what is it?

On Halloween night, a special basket of sweets will be born. A nest born from these two Gen 1 Dragons :

35946020_350.png

Atarah

35946008_350.png

Amir

Rules

From here on out, the following rules will apply :

1. Each generation MUST have a name that begins with the next letter of the alphabet from their parents. Example : Atarah and Amir's children are all going to have names that begin with the letter B. Their children will have their names begin with the letter C. So on and So forth.

2. Each dragon MUST be paired with a dragon whose name begins with the same letter. So, for example, any hatchlings in the B generation should only breed with dragons whose names begin with the letter B. Otherwise, the mate is entirely up to the artist. Genes, colors, and breeds ultimately don't matter. Though trying to diversify the gene pool is highly encouraged~!

3. Every hatchling gets their own art, created by the artist who owns the lair they were hatched in. For example : I will be drawing the art for Atarah and Amir's hatchlings. However, whoever receives one of the offspring and breeds them will be drawing the art for those hatchlings.

4. This piece of art can be anything from dragon to gijinka. This can also be anything from headshots to busts to full body works. However, it MUST be colored! Adoptables are entirely acceptable, so long as they are still made by the artist who hatched these dragons!

5. All hatchlings must be sent out to different artists to be bred for the next generation. Please send an invitation to said artist to make sure they want to be part of the project before sending over the hatchling. This can be done via message or, alternatively, Instead of sending a message, you can also choose to select a name randomly from the Artist Masterlist (see below) and ping that person in this thread. Note : These artists can most certainly be recurring artists who have participated in the challenge before. However, it is highly encouraged to invite as many new people as possible. Once all hatchlings have been sent out, it is entirely up to the artist as to what you want to do with them

6. This is less a rule and more a request, but when you've finished each piece, if you could send a message @Irva with a link to your piece, it would be much appreciated. All works will be added to the Collection and, eventually, the Collage.

Extra Info and Conclusion

This thread will continue to update with new posts for each generation that gets finished and anyone who wants to discuss / volunteer to be new or returning artists for the project

The Quest finally ends when all Generation Z dragons have hatched and have had all their artwork submitted! At the end, I am going to attempt to make one massive collage/mural of everyone's work and post it.

Artist Masterlist

This is a pinglist of any and all artists interested in being an artist or recurring artist for the project. Instead of sending a message, you can also choose to select a name randomly from this pinglist and ping the person in this thread.

Be sure to let me know if you'd like to be a one time participant (if so, please ping me when you've received a hatchling) or if you're open to being a return artist.

Premium Picks : We've Never Gotten a Hatchling

@BettaFishy , @aortalex , @DragonWarrior333 , @Anny ,

Returning All-Stars : We've Been Through This Before

@Irva

General Pinglist

For any and all who want to be kept up to date with the project

@BettaFishy

Artwork Links

Artwork for Generation A :

-WIP-

Other Generations

-Not yet available-

Signature and Affiliations

-WIP-
@Irva

:O Wow this sounds intense! Can I ask how you are supposed to breed the next generation? Is it just up to the artist?
@Irva

:O Wow this sounds intense! Can I ask how you are supposed to breed the next generation? Is it just up to the artist?
BQ25g6I.gifOfhhK4D.gif
@BettaFishy

Great Question! Sorry, I should probably fix it to mention that!

It's entirely up to the artist as to who they want to breed the hatchling with. There are no color or gene limitations.

Though now that you mention it, perhaps there can be the single rule that you have to breed the hatchling with a dragon whose name begins with the same letter? That would certainly fit the theme

---

EDIT : I actually quite liked the idea. Post fixed to reflect the new rule
@BettaFishy

Great Question! Sorry, I should probably fix it to mention that!

It's entirely up to the artist as to who they want to breed the hatchling with. There are no color or gene limitations.

Though now that you mention it, perhaps there can be the single rule that you have to breed the hatchling with a dragon whose name begins with the same letter? That would certainly fit the theme

---

EDIT : I actually quite liked the idea. Post fixed to reflect the new rule
@Irva

I would love to be signed up (probably as a one time artist...I'm really not too sure about my schedule by the end of October). It's gonna be super unlucky if they all hatch 5 egg nests...this'll be exponential!

Also, is it possible to add a general pinglist? This sounds like a really cool project and when it kicks off I'm sure people would be interested in keeping up with next generations! I certainly would love to keep up even if I can't draw X'D

EDIT: It definitely makes sense for the mate's name to be the same letter~ Keeping up with the consistency!
@Irva

I would love to be signed up (probably as a one time artist...I'm really not too sure about my schedule by the end of October). It's gonna be super unlucky if they all hatch 5 egg nests...this'll be exponential!

Also, is it possible to add a general pinglist? This sounds like a really cool project and when it kicks off I'm sure people would be interested in keeping up with next generations! I certainly would love to keep up even if I can't draw X'D

EDIT: It definitely makes sense for the mate's name to be the same letter~ Keeping up with the consistency!
BQ25g6I.gifOfhhK4D.gif
@BettaFishy

Most certainly! We'll need every artist we can get~

And lol I know. This has the possibility of having a minimum of 27 art dragons including the founders (In the VERY rare chance that each nest is 1 egg) but literally thousands, if not millions, if the egg count is high enough OuO;

It's a bit ironic because right now I'm just like "Please don't just be one egg, please don't just be one egg" but in all actuality, low egg counts are going to be a blessing for this.

Further, this challenge is going to take AT LEAST a year. If all the dragons are plentiful and they are bred the moment they can be, then from the day the B generations is born to the Z generation would be a grand total of 360 days. In reality, it could very well take twice as long if people dawdle and/or if we start mixing in rarer dragons.
@BettaFishy

Most certainly! We'll need every artist we can get~

And lol I know. This has the possibility of having a minimum of 27 art dragons including the founders (In the VERY rare chance that each nest is 1 egg) but literally thousands, if not millions, if the egg count is high enough OuO;

It's a bit ironic because right now I'm just like "Please don't just be one egg, please don't just be one egg" but in all actuality, low egg counts are going to be a blessing for this.

Further, this challenge is going to take AT LEAST a year. If all the dragons are plentiful and they are bred the moment they can be, then from the day the B generations is born to the Z generation would be a grand total of 360 days. In reality, it could very well take twice as long if people dawdle and/or if we start mixing in rarer dragons.
le bump
le bump
More bumps
More bumps
Another bump
Another bump
Might as well bump again seeing as Halloween is almost here
Might as well bump again seeing as Halloween is almost here
@Irva Oo this looks interesting! I'd like to be a part of this, can you add me to the pinglist?
@Irva Oo this looks interesting! I'd like to be a part of this, can you add me to the pinglist?
1 2