Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lore Practice (Free Lore)
1 2 3 4 5
@Cuileann Could you give these two a short bio please? (The only thing specific I can think of is that they're twins) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36110637] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361107/36110637_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36110638] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361107/36110638_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Cuileann Could you give these two a short bio please? (The only thing specific I can think of is that they're twins)

36110637_350.png

36110638_350.png
hZipXGO.png
cSKe1Cn.png
CioCFC3.png
HJLIYn4.png
em6G0U2.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
H5iV1HN.png
@Cuileann , If possible could you make a lore for this shy one? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33998350] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339984/33998350_350.png[/img] [/url] ((there are some details in his bio as well, if needed)
@Cuileann ,
If possible could you make a lore for this shy one?

33998350_350.png

((there are some details in his bio as well, if needed)
@HarlequinCr0w
I'll do one better than that! I did both in one. What do you think?

Lumina watched Kleidos sit quietly and simply ponder after his latest experiments in enchanting fire had ended in failure. This wasn’t like him at all. Normally, when he wasn’t experimenting, he was either mocking some other dragon in the Clan or playing pranks with Jaxtyr. But for nearly a year now, Kleidos had been working on finding a way to enchant fire to be different colours, and had made almost no progress. His failed experiments must have been getting him down. Lumina grinned. Well, he’d just have to fix that, wouldn’t he?

Lumina darted in and grabbed the tome Kleidos was carrying off of him, barely giving him time to stand up before flying off into the crags of their home.

“Hey!” Kleidos cried. “Come back here, you enchanted noodle!”

“Come and get it!” Lumina returned. Kleidos groaned before leaping after Lumina. Of all the things Lumina could steal, it just had to be his experiment results. Oh, he was going to get him back good for this.

Meanwhile, Lumina scanned the cliff faces for one specific cave opening. The cave he was looking for had a lot of openings to let in light, perfect for what Lumina had in store. Though Kleidos often poked fun at Lumina for learning light magic, he’d just have to appreciate what he was about to see. Besides, it might help him with his experiments a bit.

There! Lumina flew into a cave that he had outfitted for light magic training. Rays of light poured in through openings on the walls and ceiling, where they were augmented by glass strategically placed throughout. In between were carefully placed areas of shadow meant to emphasise the brightness around them. As the sound of Kleidos calling out curses grew nearer, Lumina readied himself for Kleidos’ arrival.

“Did you hear me? Jaxtyr and I have been planning for-” a burst of magic spiralled throughout the room, an arc of rainbows greeting Kleidos as he he entered the cave. Kleidos was stunned speechless. Blues and greens and reds spiralled together in brilliant columns, while slivers of pinks and oranges cut through the air like glass shards. Scintillating purples and yellows flowed throughout the room, beckoning. Shadows stood dark and defined amidst it all, almost as if they were their own type of all-consuming light. The room was a kaleidoscope of colours, dancing and mingling and shifting and arcing, and Kleidos couldn’t help but marvel. It was almost as if he was flying in a sweet, hazy dream. Kleidos’ thoughts were snapped back to reality by a taunt from Lumina.

“So, Sparky, does this jog your mind?”

“Not a chance!” Kleidos called back. “Fire is a chemical reaction that releases heat and light, it’s not quite the same-” wait a second. Fire is a chemical reaction that releases heat and light! Light, that was dancing around him in so many marvelous colours at this very moment! He couldn’t believe he hadn’t thought of this before. Kleidos veered off out of the cave to solid ground, where he conjured a small flame. Concentrating, he began to manipulate the light it was giving off. Slowly, the flame slowly gained a tinge of blue, before that blue grew bolder and brighter until it completely overtook the flame. Success!

“Well, it seems the famous fire mage has gained some inspiration from the lesser-learned.” Kleidos turned around to be met with a smug-looking Lumina. He huffed in annoyance.

“Come on, you don’t need to brag! Oh, look at me, I’m Lumina and I can make pretty colours with light! I’m such a smart mage, don’t you know?”

“Evidently smarter than you, if you didn’t think to try this sooner.”

“I was thinking of sparing you from mine and Jaxtyr’s pranks in return your help. Don’t push your luck,” Kleidos said. Still, he couldn’t help but laugh. “But seriously, thank you for the inspiration. Now leave before I decide to test my new developments on you.”

“As you wish, your majesty,” Lumina said as he mock bowed. “By the way, I think you’ll be needing this.”

He tossed Kleidos’ book of experiments back to him before taking off. As he soared through the air, he looked back at Kleidos to find him hard at work writing down all of his newfound information. That was one dragon who need his help. Now, who was next?
@HarlequinCr0w
I'll do one better than that! I did both in one. What do you think?

Lumina watched Kleidos sit quietly and simply ponder after his latest experiments in enchanting fire had ended in failure. This wasn’t like him at all. Normally, when he wasn’t experimenting, he was either mocking some other dragon in the Clan or playing pranks with Jaxtyr. But for nearly a year now, Kleidos had been working on finding a way to enchant fire to be different colours, and had made almost no progress. His failed experiments must have been getting him down. Lumina grinned. Well, he’d just have to fix that, wouldn’t he?

Lumina darted in and grabbed the tome Kleidos was carrying off of him, barely giving him time to stand up before flying off into the crags of their home.

“Hey!” Kleidos cried. “Come back here, you enchanted noodle!”

“Come and get it!” Lumina returned. Kleidos groaned before leaping after Lumina. Of all the things Lumina could steal, it just had to be his experiment results. Oh, he was going to get him back good for this.

Meanwhile, Lumina scanned the cliff faces for one specific cave opening. The cave he was looking for had a lot of openings to let in light, perfect for what Lumina had in store. Though Kleidos often poked fun at Lumina for learning light magic, he’d just have to appreciate what he was about to see. Besides, it might help him with his experiments a bit.

There! Lumina flew into a cave that he had outfitted for light magic training. Rays of light poured in through openings on the walls and ceiling, where they were augmented by glass strategically placed throughout. In between were carefully placed areas of shadow meant to emphasise the brightness around them. As the sound of Kleidos calling out curses grew nearer, Lumina readied himself for Kleidos’ arrival.

“Did you hear me? Jaxtyr and I have been planning for-” a burst of magic spiralled throughout the room, an arc of rainbows greeting Kleidos as he he entered the cave. Kleidos was stunned speechless. Blues and greens and reds spiralled together in brilliant columns, while slivers of pinks and oranges cut through the air like glass shards. Scintillating purples and yellows flowed throughout the room, beckoning. Shadows stood dark and defined amidst it all, almost as if they were their own type of all-consuming light. The room was a kaleidoscope of colours, dancing and mingling and shifting and arcing, and Kleidos couldn’t help but marvel. It was almost as if he was flying in a sweet, hazy dream. Kleidos’ thoughts were snapped back to reality by a taunt from Lumina.

“So, Sparky, does this jog your mind?”

“Not a chance!” Kleidos called back. “Fire is a chemical reaction that releases heat and light, it’s not quite the same-” wait a second. Fire is a chemical reaction that releases heat and light! Light, that was dancing around him in so many marvelous colours at this very moment! He couldn’t believe he hadn’t thought of this before. Kleidos veered off out of the cave to solid ground, where he conjured a small flame. Concentrating, he began to manipulate the light it was giving off. Slowly, the flame slowly gained a tinge of blue, before that blue grew bolder and brighter until it completely overtook the flame. Success!

“Well, it seems the famous fire mage has gained some inspiration from the lesser-learned.” Kleidos turned around to be met with a smug-looking Lumina. He huffed in annoyance.

“Come on, you don’t need to brag! Oh, look at me, I’m Lumina and I can make pretty colours with light! I’m such a smart mage, don’t you know?”

“Evidently smarter than you, if you didn’t think to try this sooner.”

“I was thinking of sparing you from mine and Jaxtyr’s pranks in return your help. Don’t push your luck,” Kleidos said. Still, he couldn’t help but laugh. “But seriously, thank you for the inspiration. Now leave before I decide to test my new developments on you.”

“As you wish, your majesty,” Lumina said as he mock bowed. “By the way, I think you’ll be needing this.”

He tossed Kleidos’ book of experiments back to him before taking off. As he soared through the air, he looked back at Kleidos to find him hard at work writing down all of his newfound information. That was one dragon who need his help. Now, who was next?
Z3Lt3uB.png
@Cuileann I think that's brilliant!! I enjoyed reading it xD Thank you so much for writing, I really appreciate it <3
@Cuileann I think that's brilliant!! I enjoyed reading it xD Thank you so much for writing, I really appreciate it <3
QBHm0vY.jpg
@Ketsui
Here's Senta's lore!

Senta had spent almost his whole life as a healer to be a healer, and what little he didn’t was spent training to be a healer. He was quite good at his job, and he enjoyed it. Though he spoke little, the hatchlings all loved him, and his clanmates knew exactly who he was. “Go check with Senta,” they’d say. “He’ll know how to fix you up.” Senta had seen and cured a great many things in his time as healer, but his crowning achievement will always remain the day he found the cure to a devastating plague.

“Hold on, little one. You’ll be cured soon enough,” Senta whispered to the little hatchling he was carrying in his arms. The hatchling shuddered and gave a weak cough. Gently, Senta put him down into a nest, then quietly scanned the rest of the infected hatchlings. The adults were quarantined in another area. It was a sorrowful sight, but Senta couldn’t afford to fear. Right now, he was the rock of the clan. If he crumbled, so did everyone else.
The plague had struck quickly and without mercy, putting the entire clan in a state of near-panic. They were children of the Plaguebringer, borne of struggle and hardship. The Plague was their life! It wasn’t supposed to turn against them! No matter what they tried, no remedy would work. It even had the other healers unnerved.

First, it hit Arantha. She complained of a fever and feeling nauseous a few hours after she returned from a hunt, before devolving into barely being able to move. Then, it hit the hatchlings. The hatchlings undoubtedly had it the worst. Poor little Eurwyn’s survival was not guaranteed, and if she did survive, it would affect her for the rest of her life. One by one after that, the plague started infecting their other clanmates, resisting all attempts to treat it.

Senta shook his head. There had to be something out there that would take down this horrible blight, and he was determined to find it. He walked towards the adult quarantine, where Arek hurriedly met him.

“Arantha’s awake!” he said. “Follow me, but keep quiet!” Senta immediately perked his head up. Arantha was the first to catch the plague. Perhaps she’d have some insight on how it started. Upon arrival, he took the hide cloth off of Arantha’s head, soaking it in warm water. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’ll survive. But, that’s not important now,” she rasped. “The beginning. I was hunting in our clan’s favourite spot by the border of the Sea and the Wasteland. I made my catch and took a drink while I was there. Next thing you know, I’m back at home sick, and then the rest of the clan is ill.” She drew a shaky breath to continue, but was interrupted by a coughing fit.

“Hush, you’ve said enough! I’ll take it from here,” Senta whispered. He squeezed out the cloth and put it back on her forehead as Arantha fell back asleep. He silently stepped out of the den and immediately took off towards the Sea-Wasteland hunting area. The plague had arrived too soon afterwards to be a coincidence. Upon arrival, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. The smell of the sea wafted towards Senta, and the grasses waved in the wind. Senta decided to investigate further up the river, when he heard a pained hiss. Cautiously, he made his way towards the source of the sound. Pulling back reed grasses, he found a predator, swaying on his feet, hissing in a disease-claimed voice. A small trek further down the riverbank showed small herbivores so ill that they didn’t even try to drag themselves away. Aha! The animals seemed to have been affected as well. Here was one piece of the puzzle. Senta was sure that at least Arantha had originally caught it from the animals. But that still brought him no closer to finding a cure. He had to keep searching.

A rank scent hit his nose as he neared the river, growing stronger upstream. Pushing uphill, Senta found the headwaters had a lingering magical aura with small red elemental lines, the colour of plague. Pacing the shoreline, he racked his brain, and it all came together from there.

A few weeks ago, a skirmish broke out near here between a group of Plague and Water mages. At some point along the way, the plague magic must have contaminated the water and grown into a magic-bolstered disease. Aratha presumably it the same way the animals did: by drinking the water. Then, she most likely caught one of the infected animals and brought it back to camp, where someone caught the plague by eating it, then the plague must have spread from there. Plague dragons were normally immune to the stray magic in the Wastes, but concentrated energy like this was another matter entirely. Thankfully, now that Senta had pinpointed the cause, curing the blight was only a matter of easing the excess plague energy. Senta flew back to the clan as fast as his wings would carry him to report back to Ketsueki.

The situation in the clan became substantially better after that. Upon hearing the news, Ketsueki immediately sent as many able clanmates as she could to the Gladekeeper’s realm to gather herbs infused with life’s energy. Once they returned, the medicine came into effect almost immediately. At this point, it was just a matter of waiting for everyone to fully recover. Senta was snapped back to reality by the sound of a quiet cough as a young coatl hatchling pulled herself up to his side. Somehow, little Eurwyn had made a miraculous recovery. The sun beamed on the Garden, and Senta smiled. He’d done his duty. His clan was safe.
@Ketsui
Here's Senta's lore!

Senta had spent almost his whole life as a healer to be a healer, and what little he didn’t was spent training to be a healer. He was quite good at his job, and he enjoyed it. Though he spoke little, the hatchlings all loved him, and his clanmates knew exactly who he was. “Go check with Senta,” they’d say. “He’ll know how to fix you up.” Senta had seen and cured a great many things in his time as healer, but his crowning achievement will always remain the day he found the cure to a devastating plague.

“Hold on, little one. You’ll be cured soon enough,” Senta whispered to the little hatchling he was carrying in his arms. The hatchling shuddered and gave a weak cough. Gently, Senta put him down into a nest, then quietly scanned the rest of the infected hatchlings. The adults were quarantined in another area. It was a sorrowful sight, but Senta couldn’t afford to fear. Right now, he was the rock of the clan. If he crumbled, so did everyone else.
The plague had struck quickly and without mercy, putting the entire clan in a state of near-panic. They were children of the Plaguebringer, borne of struggle and hardship. The Plague was their life! It wasn’t supposed to turn against them! No matter what they tried, no remedy would work. It even had the other healers unnerved.

First, it hit Arantha. She complained of a fever and feeling nauseous a few hours after she returned from a hunt, before devolving into barely being able to move. Then, it hit the hatchlings. The hatchlings undoubtedly had it the worst. Poor little Eurwyn’s survival was not guaranteed, and if she did survive, it would affect her for the rest of her life. One by one after that, the plague started infecting their other clanmates, resisting all attempts to treat it.

Senta shook his head. There had to be something out there that would take down this horrible blight, and he was determined to find it. He walked towards the adult quarantine, where Arek hurriedly met him.

“Arantha’s awake!” he said. “Follow me, but keep quiet!” Senta immediately perked his head up. Arantha was the first to catch the plague. Perhaps she’d have some insight on how it started. Upon arrival, he took the hide cloth off of Arantha’s head, soaking it in warm water. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’ll survive. But, that’s not important now,” she rasped. “The beginning. I was hunting in our clan’s favourite spot by the border of the Sea and the Wasteland. I made my catch and took a drink while I was there. Next thing you know, I’m back at home sick, and then the rest of the clan is ill.” She drew a shaky breath to continue, but was interrupted by a coughing fit.

“Hush, you’ve said enough! I’ll take it from here,” Senta whispered. He squeezed out the cloth and put it back on her forehead as Arantha fell back asleep. He silently stepped out of the den and immediately took off towards the Sea-Wasteland hunting area. The plague had arrived too soon afterwards to be a coincidence. Upon arrival, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. The smell of the sea wafted towards Senta, and the grasses waved in the wind. Senta decided to investigate further up the river, when he heard a pained hiss. Cautiously, he made his way towards the source of the sound. Pulling back reed grasses, he found a predator, swaying on his feet, hissing in a disease-claimed voice. A small trek further down the riverbank showed small herbivores so ill that they didn’t even try to drag themselves away. Aha! The animals seemed to have been affected as well. Here was one piece of the puzzle. Senta was sure that at least Arantha had originally caught it from the animals. But that still brought him no closer to finding a cure. He had to keep searching.

A rank scent hit his nose as he neared the river, growing stronger upstream. Pushing uphill, Senta found the headwaters had a lingering magical aura with small red elemental lines, the colour of plague. Pacing the shoreline, he racked his brain, and it all came together from there.

A few weeks ago, a skirmish broke out near here between a group of Plague and Water mages. At some point along the way, the plague magic must have contaminated the water and grown into a magic-bolstered disease. Aratha presumably it the same way the animals did: by drinking the water. Then, she most likely caught one of the infected animals and brought it back to camp, where someone caught the plague by eating it, then the plague must have spread from there. Plague dragons were normally immune to the stray magic in the Wastes, but concentrated energy like this was another matter entirely. Thankfully, now that Senta had pinpointed the cause, curing the blight was only a matter of easing the excess plague energy. Senta flew back to the clan as fast as his wings would carry him to report back to Ketsueki.

The situation in the clan became substantially better after that. Upon hearing the news, Ketsueki immediately sent as many able clanmates as she could to the Gladekeeper’s realm to gather herbs infused with life’s energy. Once they returned, the medicine came into effect almost immediately. At this point, it was just a matter of waiting for everyone to fully recover. Senta was snapped back to reality by the sound of a quiet cough as a young coatl hatchling pulled herself up to his side. Somehow, little Eurwyn had made a miraculous recovery. The sun beamed on the Garden, and Senta smiled. He’d done his duty. His clan was safe.
Z3Lt3uB.png
@Cuileann You have a lovely way with words!! Would you mind trying your hand on this lady here? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17345] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174/17345_350.png[/img] [/url] I wrote a little bit about her personality in her bio, basically she's a bit crazy due to her conflicting nature. If you like you can use any of the first 3 dragons in my lair with her story if you see fit. :D Thank you so much!
@Cuileann
You have a lovely way with words!! Would you mind trying your hand on this lady here?

17345_350.png

I wrote a little bit about her personality in her bio, basically she's a bit crazy due to her conflicting nature. If you like you can use any of the first 3 dragons in my lair with her story if you see fit. :D Thank you so much!
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@Aenye
Here's Tulip's piece. I tried going for something different, let me know if it worked!

“I trust the you agree to the terms of your contract?” Tulip asked. No matter, it was just a formality. The contract was already signed. A muffled voice answered, then Tulip continued on.

“Then I also trust you know the consequences of failure. Destroy the evidence any way you see fit, so long as it doesn’t draw attention. Good luck, and I expect to see you tomorrow morning.” A shaded figure darted out of their meeting place, leaving Tulip to clean up their meeting place.

Tulip was cautious not to let a shred of paper behind before leaving the ramshackle building. It certainly wasn’t up to Tulip’s standards, but Jacques had recently been doing an annoyingly thorough job on his investigations, and Tulip couldn’t afford to let anything slip through the cracks. In fact, keeping Jacques off of his trail was the entire point of his newest business deal. He had to play his cards carefully. One small slip, and the claws of Cahir’s bodyguard would come down on his neck. It was a long, careful game Tulip was playing. But Tulip was a patient man.

He smiled to himself an amicable sort of smile, masking the laughter inside his head. Oh, yes, it would be a long and tiring game, but Tulip would win nonetheless. One day, Cahir would fall at Tulip's hands, and he would take his place, leading the clan to a new golden age of economic and physical might. What a glorious day that would be! But he mustn’t get ahead of himself, arrogance undid many an empire. He still had quite a ways to go. It was almost like chess, moving your pieces, waiting for your opponent to react, and then reacting according to them. Yes, that’s what it was, a long, meticulous, evenly matched game of chess. And to think that Cahir didn’t even know he was playing! But that was alright with Tulip. He was quite fond of chess. After all, he’d been playing it since childhood. Now, the question was: who was playing black, and who was playing white?
@Aenye
Here's Tulip's piece. I tried going for something different, let me know if it worked!

“I trust the you agree to the terms of your contract?” Tulip asked. No matter, it was just a formality. The contract was already signed. A muffled voice answered, then Tulip continued on.

“Then I also trust you know the consequences of failure. Destroy the evidence any way you see fit, so long as it doesn’t draw attention. Good luck, and I expect to see you tomorrow morning.” A shaded figure darted out of their meeting place, leaving Tulip to clean up their meeting place.

Tulip was cautious not to let a shred of paper behind before leaving the ramshackle building. It certainly wasn’t up to Tulip’s standards, but Jacques had recently been doing an annoyingly thorough job on his investigations, and Tulip couldn’t afford to let anything slip through the cracks. In fact, keeping Jacques off of his trail was the entire point of his newest business deal. He had to play his cards carefully. One small slip, and the claws of Cahir’s bodyguard would come down on his neck. It was a long, careful game Tulip was playing. But Tulip was a patient man.

He smiled to himself an amicable sort of smile, masking the laughter inside his head. Oh, yes, it would be a long and tiring game, but Tulip would win nonetheless. One day, Cahir would fall at Tulip's hands, and he would take his place, leading the clan to a new golden age of economic and physical might. What a glorious day that would be! But he mustn’t get ahead of himself, arrogance undid many an empire. He still had quite a ways to go. It was almost like chess, moving your pieces, waiting for your opponent to react, and then reacting according to them. Yes, that’s what it was, a long, meticulous, evenly matched game of chess. And to think that Cahir didn’t even know he was playing! But that was alright with Tulip. He was quite fond of chess. After all, he’d been playing it since childhood. Now, the question was: who was playing black, and who was playing white?
Z3Lt3uB.png
@Cuileann Oooh, i love it. You know, you should open lore shop.Really enjoyable writtings.
@Cuileann Oooh, i love it. You know, you should open lore shop.Really enjoyable writtings.
aaaaaaaaa
*-
@Harlequin Crow
Whoops, nearly missed your thanks there! I'm happy to write. It's a lot of fun and it brings me a lot of joy to see someone else happy if it turns out well.

@Aenye
And thank you as well! I've considered opening a lore shop, but that would be sometime in the future when school eases up and gives me the time to set it up.
@Harlequin Crow
Whoops, nearly missed your thanks there! I'm happy to write. It's a lot of fun and it brings me a lot of joy to see someone else happy if it turns out well.

@Aenye
And thank you as well! I've considered opening a lore shop, but that would be sometime in the future when school eases up and gives me the time to set it up.
Z3Lt3uB.png
@Cuileann you think you could write a little blurb for my girlie Aecor? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11810247] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/118103/11810247_350.png[/img] [/url] shes a water rep, and the only thing i've really managed to establish is that her and her daughter Aion have a very tense and stressed relationship
@Cuileann

you think you could write a little blurb for my girlie Aecor?

11810247_350.png

shes a water rep, and the only thing i've really managed to establish is that her and her daughter Aion have a very tense and stressed relationship
9o0aDxU.gif
1 2 3 4 5