Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28
@alienjack
Thank you for the poem! It's definitely going into her bio. I am a fan of long obscure words so it was a lot of fun to read.
@alienjack
Thank you for the poem! It's definitely going into her bio. I am a fan of long obscure words so it was a lot of fun to read.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
@riseandshine thanks!! i'm glad to hear it :D
@riseandshine thanks!! i'm glad to hear it :D
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
im screeching?? this is so beautiful and relatable what
thanks again!
im screeching?? this is so beautiful and relatable what
thanks again!
05qhES2.png
@luxreino omggg thank u so much!!!! i'm so happy that u liked it!! feel free to send me more dragons if u want, i write poetry to de-stress from college lol
@luxreino omggg thank u so much!!!! i'm so happy that u liked it!! feel free to send me more dragons if u want, i write poetry to de-stress from college lol
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35712099] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357121/35712099_350.png[/img] [/url] Inamoenus- pleasureless, dull, unlovely, cheerless, disagreeable- a Coatl that ended up with an unfortunate name due to the dull coloration. He likes soft roses and quiet but sweet conversation when possible. He honestly just wants someone to be happy with.
@alienjack

35712099_350.png

Inamoenus- pleasureless, dull, unlovely, cheerless, disagreeable- a Coatl that ended up with an unfortunate name due to the dull coloration. He likes soft roses and quiet but sweet conversation when possible. He honestly just wants someone to be happy with.
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
@septarianflare [indent]overcast skies tend to dull the sunrise, the same way that thorns deter the admiration of a rose, but that doesn’t mean the beauty isn’t still there. the prettiest amulets, the brightest treasures, are usually the ones hiding curses and poisons and death. the dustiest books tend to hold the best knowledge, the way that favorite books always have cracked spines and bent pages from being loved too fiercely, too much. after all, red skies in mornings are the most beautiful kind of storm warning, whereas winter greys are just an indication of consistency in the most relieving of ways, and brand new books never sit in your hand quiet the right way. the words inside that paper ribcage are more important than the pictures displayed on the cover, anyway.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] that is such a pretty coatl ;w; maybe it’s just me but i think the piebald antique looks so cool~ (although i guess i'm not the sharpest eye at Dragon Beauty on this site?) i hope you like this piece! i really like how it turned out c:
@septarianflare
overcast skies tend to dull the sunrise,
the same way that thorns deter the admiration of a rose,
but that doesn’t mean the beauty isn’t still there.
the prettiest amulets, the brightest treasures,
are usually the ones hiding curses and poisons and death.
the dustiest books tend to hold the best knowledge,
the way that favorite books always have
cracked spines and bent pages from being loved
too fiercely, too much.
after all, red skies in mornings are the most beautiful
kind of storm warning, whereas winter greys
are just an indication of consistency
in the most relieving of ways,
and brand new books never sit in your hand
quiet the right way.
the words inside that paper ribcage are more important than
the pictures displayed on the cover, anyway.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
that is such a pretty coatl ;w; maybe it’s just me but i think the piebald antique looks so cool~ (although i guess i'm not the sharpest eye at Dragon Beauty on this site?)
i hope you like this piece! i really like how it turned out c:
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Your poems are great! Could you write two, one for each dragon? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36124603] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361247/36124603_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36099397] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/360994/36099397_350.png[/img] [/url] Soh, the top dragon, is the leader of a faction called the Citadel. He's a kind leader, and has the support of every dragon in the city. As its always cold in the mountains the group resides in, Soh spends the majority of his free time gathering materials to build fires and reinforce the shelters in the city. The Nocturne's duties include overseeing the Citadel's activities, telling stories to the hatchlings, and managing trade. His mate, Ema, is the resident scientist. She could be considered Soh's opposite- outgoing and bubbly. An extremely friendly dragon, she handles all diplomatic relations with clans, and gives parting gifts to the travelers who stop by for a visit. Ema performs experiments on many items others would deem useless, and has made a few major discoveries. She is currently researching the properties of sacridite.
@alienjack
Your poems are great! Could you write two, one for each dragon?

36124603_350.png

36099397_350.png

Soh, the top dragon, is the leader of a faction called the Citadel. He's a kind leader, and has the support of every dragon in the city. As its always cold in the mountains the group resides in, Soh spends the majority of his free time gathering materials to build fires and reinforce the shelters in the city. The Nocturne's duties include overseeing the Citadel's activities, telling stories to the hatchlings, and managing trade.

His mate, Ema, is the resident scientist. She could be considered Soh's opposite- outgoing and bubbly. An extremely friendly dragon, she handles all diplomatic relations with clans, and gives parting gifts to the travelers who stop by for a visit. Ema performs experiments on many items others would deem useless, and has made a few major discoveries. She is currently researching the properties of sacridite.
wuW0njL.pngT8IIRHW.png
@JustNatureThings [b]soh[/b] [indent]your throne is built on pillars of loyalty, supported by genuinity and trust in a way that very few ever could dream. there is a forge in your hands that keeps burning even as the ice gathers up around you. if atlas had known the kind of love that stirs your heart, he would not have to hold up the world all alone. instead of being stranded in the peaks, you have built a citadel. you are not atlas. remember-- you are not atlas. there are things that you don’t have to carry alone. you can pause and take a break and lift your burdens off your shoulders if you need. there will be others there to share the weight until you’ve restored your strength.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [b]ema[/b] [indent]there is gold hidden under all those layers of snow, bright and beautiful like stars. there are some smiles that stretch as wide as galaxies, looking like [i]xenos[/i] and [i]philos[/i], as welcoming as home. hestia must have found a new hearth in your ribs, right under your breastbone. i can see it in your warm welcomes and sunny disposition. there exists a gossamer thread of discovery waiting to be woven by your scientist hands and unravelled by clever brains. glitter tends to stick around for a while, the after- math of celebration and joy and the need to just sparkle-- like constellations and distant stars and your smiles.[/indent] ----- greek: [i]xenos[/i] - guest-friend / [i]philos[/i] - friend, family, loved one [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thank you so much! hope you enjoy!
@JustNatureThings

soh
your throne is built on pillars of loyalty,
supported by genuinity and trust in a way
that very few ever could dream.
there is a forge in your hands that keeps
burning even as the ice gathers up around you.
if atlas had known the kind of love
that stirs your heart, he would not have
to hold up the world all alone. instead of being
stranded in the peaks, you have built
a citadel. you are not atlas.
remember-- you are not atlas. there are things
that you don’t have to carry alone.
you can pause and take a break and lift
your burdens off your shoulders if you need.
there will be others there to share the weight
until you’ve restored your strength.
ema
there is gold hidden under all those layers
of snow, bright and beautiful like stars.
there are some smiles that stretch as wide
as galaxies, looking like xenos and philos,
as welcoming as home. hestia must have
found a new hearth in your ribs, right under
your breastbone. i can see it in your
warm welcomes and sunny disposition.
there exists a gossamer thread of discovery
waiting to be woven by your scientist hands
and unravelled by clever brains. glitter
tends to stick around for a while, the after-
math of celebration and joy and the need
to just sparkle-- like constellations
and distant stars and your smiles.

greek: xenos - guest-friend / philos - friend, family, loved one
thank you so much! hope you enjoy!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack
They're great, thanks so much! :D

I just realized how much I can relate to Soh's poem haha
@alienjack
They're great, thanks so much! :D

I just realized how much I can relate to Soh's poem haha
wuW0njL.pngT8IIRHW.png
@alienjack Heya!! I'm back for more of your beautiful poems :)

This time I want a poem that represents my Clan because I would like to put it in my bio (of course I'll credit you there as well). The StarrySeers are basically dragons that see through the future on the waters or above the starry skies.
@alienjack Heya!! I'm back for more of your beautiful poems :)

This time I want a poem that represents my Clan because I would like to put it in my bio (of course I'll credit you there as well). The StarrySeers are basically dragons that see through the future on the waters or above the starry skies.
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28