Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28
@alienjack Hi! Your poetry is beautiful! Could you write something for my Dark Souls fandragon? :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30980711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/309808/30980711_350.png[/img] [/url] name (yours or a dragon's): Seath the Scaleless what it means: Seath is a boss from Dark Souls some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.: "An albino dragon without scales, granted the title of Duke by Lord Gwyn for his assistance in defeating the Everlasting Dragons and given a fragment of a Lord Soul. Seath was driven insane by his research, which revealed that it was scales that made dragons immortal. Ironically, he is now an immortal himself, specifically Undead, by means of his research into the Primordial Crystal, which he stole from the dragons when he defected. His servants, the Channelers, assist him in his research by kidnapping undead to be experimented upon. The Pisaca is the result of one of those experiments. He can also create life from scratch using sorcery, resulting in the Moonlight Butterflies." More lore here: [url]http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Seath_the_Scaleless[/url]
@alienjack
Hi! Your poetry is beautiful! Could you write something for my Dark Souls fandragon? :)

30980711_350.png

name (yours or a dragon's): Seath the Scaleless

what it means: Seath is a boss from Dark Souls

some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.:

"An albino dragon without scales, granted the title of Duke by Lord Gwyn for his assistance in defeating the Everlasting Dragons and given a fragment of a Lord Soul. Seath was driven insane by his research, which revealed that it was scales that made dragons immortal. Ironically, he is now an immortal himself, specifically Undead, by means of his research into the Primordial Crystal, which he stole from the dragons when he defected.

His servants, the Channelers, assist him in his research by kidnapping undead to be experimented upon. The Pisaca is the result of one of those experiments. He can also create life from scratch using sorcery, resulting in the Moonlight Butterflies."

More lore here:
http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Seath_the_Scaleless
1142zx7.png
@LexiLara [indent]sunlight woven through your mischief, balanced with the steadiness of deserts, fair hair speckled with the shadows of the forest. remember that[i] pax romana[/i] only lasts as long as you breathe. emperor, inquisitor, watchful eyes keeping track of every horizon that your stronghold keeps. close your eyes when the needle begins painting your gods into your veins, a statement in your skin: you are worthy. romans are raised by wolves so open your eyes and blink the blood away. knowledge is imparted with the pain. don’t pay attention to the ravens that get in your way.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i actually did finish my homework before doing this, jsyk ;D history lesson time cuz i do research, lol: marcus aurelius was the last roman emperor of ‘pax romana,’ roman peace, and his death is considered a key factor in the increasing instability/fall of the roman empire! but he was emperor when rome was at its peak size. interesting name connection! also, used the dragon age wiki to try to make some subtle references for you? hope it worked? as always, hope you enjoyed!
@LexiLara
sunlight woven through your mischief,
balanced with the steadiness of deserts,
fair hair speckled with
the shadows of the forest.
remember that pax romana only lasts
as long as you breathe. emperor,
inquisitor, watchful eyes keeping track of
every horizon that your stronghold keeps.
close your eyes
when the needle begins
painting your gods into your veins,
a statement in your skin:
you are worthy.
romans are raised by wolves so
open your eyes and blink the blood away.
knowledge is imparted with the pain.
don’t pay attention to the ravens
that get in your way.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
i actually did finish my homework before doing this, jsyk ;D
history lesson time cuz i do research, lol: marcus aurelius was the last roman emperor of ‘pax romana,’ roman peace, and his death is considered a key factor in the increasing instability/fall of the roman empire! but he was emperor when rome was at its peak size. interesting name connection!
also, used the dragon age wiki to try to make some subtle references for you? hope it worked?
as always, hope you enjoyed!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@alienjack
Heck yeah, education is important :"D
(I can't say much, I procrastinate everything I stg)

Omg this is so gooodd tho! I love the history parts and the game references, I appreciate that you actually looked that up >_<
I searched up a little for the name but never really understood it lol
Everything works really well! Thanks so much x
@alienjack
Heck yeah, education is important :"D
(I can't say much, I procrastinate everything I stg)

Omg this is so gooodd tho! I love the history parts and the game references, I appreciate that you actually looked that up >_<
I searched up a little for the name but never really understood it lol
Everything works really well! Thanks so much x
food_fire_flower_by_dogi_crimson-da9nthf.gifIn Progress...food_fire_flower_by_dogi_crimson-da9nthf.gif
@kitersi [indent]everything echos in confinement: your breathing, your rattling bones, the deafening sound of life running out-- but not if you can cheat death first. cling to the fragments stored away in the shadows of your memories. the moon shines brightest when the sun hides its face. the dark tends to illuminate paleness, serpent skin glowing without the refraction of scales. there’s no point in hiding: they’ll all be after you soon, anyway.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope you like! i feel like i did okay with the lore you gave me? but thanks so much for the inspo :D
@kitersi
everything echos in confinement:
your breathing, your rattling bones,
the deafening sound of life running out--
but not if you can cheat death first.
cling to the fragments stored away
in the shadows of your memories.
the moon shines brightest when
the sun hides its face. the dark
tends to illuminate paleness,
serpent skin glowing without the
refraction of scales. there’s no
point in hiding: they’ll all
be after you soon, anyway.
i hope you like! i feel like i did okay with the lore you gave me?
but thanks so much for the inspo :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
boop da boop
boop da boop
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
*skateboards back into the CC forums* whaddup my name is Stressed and i'd rather be writing poetry for y'all than essays for my professors hmu
*skateboards back into the CC forums* whaddup my name is Stressed and i'd rather be writing poetry for y'all than essays for my professors hmu
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack I love your poems! Could you do one for Scioltezza, please? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33807574] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/338076/33807574_350.png[/img] [/url] Name means something like "fluency" in Italian. Was precocious when she was little, loved reading and long complicated words, ended up learning about emperors pretty early on and developed a life-long nightmare problem. Lived in the Hewn City for a stretch of time which did not help. She taught language for a while and was good at it, but had the persistent feeling that something was wrong with the world and that she had to fix it. She ended up doing full-time Shade research instead and moved to the Expanse with a friend to start taking a more claws-on approach to learning. Personality is… thoughtful, takes a long time to make decisions but is stubborn once she decides something. Idealistic and cares very much about doing what's right. Determined, often serious but is capable of having faith in things without solid proof, cares about the pasts of things. Refuses to let fear control her decisions. She has a bit of a storybook theme and thinks of the Shade as a monster in such a tale.
@alienjack

I love your poems! Could you do one for Scioltezza, please?

33807574_350.png

Name means something like "fluency" in Italian. Was precocious when she was little, loved reading and long complicated words, ended up learning about emperors pretty early on and developed a life-long nightmare problem. Lived in the Hewn City for a stretch of time which did not help. She taught language for a while and was good at it, but had the persistent feeling that something was wrong with the world and that she had to fix it. She ended up doing full-time Shade research instead and moved to the Expanse with a friend to start taking a more claws-on approach to learning.
Personality is… thoughtful, takes a long time to make decisions but is stubborn once she decides something. Idealistic and cares very much about doing what's right. Determined, often serious but is capable of having faith in things without solid proof, cares about the pasts of things. Refuses to let fear control her decisions.
She has a bit of a storybook theme and thinks of the Shade as a monster in such a tale.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
@riseandshine [indent] words roll off your tongue like this is the only sustenance you’ll ever need: food for thought, mellifluous and luminescent because enlightenment comes through songs and words, the same way that the darkest places are only the hideaways of the ignorant. bright minds light up the sky like stars, a syzygy of synapses, words in effervescence as tides of knowledge threaten to drown you. the determination to learn how to swim is the very thing that saves you. eloquence is the best elixir when fighting against shaded eyes and distance. their languor and lassitude is not your bane or burden to bear. your brain is a pastiche, a panoply-- impressive, not quite complete, but a scintilla can start a sun.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] wow, what a name on that one! the double ‘z’ is such an italian thing, too, lol i love her backstory! thanks so much for the inspo :D i hope you like it! it was a lot of fun for me to look up random beautiful (complicated) words and see how i could incorporate them c:
@riseandshine
words roll off your tongue
like this is the only sustenance you’ll ever need:
food for thought, mellifluous
and luminescent because enlightenment comes
through songs and words, the same way
that the darkest places
are only the hideaways of the ignorant.
bright minds light up the sky
like stars, a syzygy of synapses,
words in effervescence
as tides of knowledge threaten to drown you.
the determination to learn how to swim
is the very thing that saves you.
eloquence is the best elixir when fighting against
shaded eyes and distance.
their languor and lassitude
is not your bane or burden to bear.
your brain is a pastiche, a panoply-- impressive,
not quite complete,
but a scintilla can start a sun.
wow, what a name on that one! the double ‘z’ is such an italian thing, too, lol
i love her backstory! thanks so much for the inspo :D i hope you like it! it was a lot of fun for me to look up random beautiful (complicated) words and see how i could incorporate them c:
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29185786] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291858/29185786_350.png[/img] [/url] wow, your poems are... stunning. i'd love it if you could write one for my dragon afdhkajgask name: andromeda meaning: named after the galaxy, of course - but also after the mythological figure. aesthetic: stars, space, cold, winter. she's small and graceful and cunning; you wouldn't notice her, really, until she makes her presence known. she hungers for knowledge, doing whatever it takes to get her small claws on an old tomw or a long-lost artifact. her fascination lies beyond the stars - sornieth can't [i]possibly[/i] be the only world teeming with life, can it? she doesn't take care of herself, and has no concept of sleep.

29185786_350.png

wow, your poems are... stunning. i'd love it if you could write one for my dragon afdhkajgask
name: andromeda
meaning: named after the galaxy, of course - but also after the mythological figure.
aesthetic: stars, space, cold, winter.
she's small and graceful and cunning; you wouldn't notice her, really, until she makes her presence known. she hungers for knowledge, doing whatever it takes to get her small claws on an old tomw or a long-lost artifact. her fascination lies beyond the stars - sornieth can't possibly be the only world teeming with life, can it? she doesn't take care of herself, and has no concept of sleep.
05qhES2.png
@luxreino [indent]who needs sleep when there are galaxies to be seen teeming with suns spinning with planets with other lives to be living? there’s a chill setting in the marrow of your bones where dead flowers continue to grow, under your ribs like longing, like homesickness, like fighting a feeling of needing to be anywhere but this place, this planet, this universe. no one will ever know the heartache that lives in the lump in your throat that grows when you look up and know that there is somewhere else that you’d rather be. you just don’t have a name for it yet. it just hasn’t told you its name yet. maybe in the dusty bindings of old books, you’ll find the secret to a future set in stars that always seem just a little too out of reach. maybe a different sun will be better at warming the cold winter that long ago set itself up in your body. maybe a different sun will show you what summer feels like, the way freedom can feel when you’re free of longing.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thank you so much! i hope you like this c: she’s a very lovely dragon!! i definitely Relate A Lot aslkjfdkjf
@luxreino
who needs sleep when there are galaxies to be seen
teeming with suns spinning with planets with other lives to be living?
there’s a chill setting in the marrow of your bones
where dead flowers continue to grow, under your ribs
like longing, like homesickness, like fighting a feeling of needing to be
anywhere but this
place, this planet, this universe.
no one will ever know the heartache that lives in the lump in your throat
that grows when you look up and know that there is somewhere else
that you’d rather be. you just don’t have a name for it yet.
it just hasn’t told you its name yet.
maybe in the dusty bindings of old books, you’ll find
the secret to a future set in stars
that always seem just a little too out of reach.
maybe a different sun will be better at warming the cold winter
that long ago set itself up in your body.
maybe a different sun will show you what summer feels like,
the way freedom can feel when you’re free of longing.
thank you so much! i hope you like this c: she’s a very lovely dragon!! i definitely Relate A Lot aslkjfdkjf
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28