Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28
@pumpkinpie thank you so much!! i'm so happy you like it!
@pumpkinpie thank you so much!! i'm so happy you like it!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
If you're still doing this then could you do my dragon Deathwing? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33051818] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330519/33051818_350.png[/img] [/url] His name comes from the fact that he was reffered to as "the death that came upon wings". He is a grim reaper and is undead due to his wish to forever cause death. In life he was very aggressive and blood thirsty. He is a lot calmer and experienced now though.
If you're still doing this then could you do my dragon Deathwing?

33051818_350.png

His name comes from the fact that he was reffered to as "the death that came upon wings". He is a grim reaper and is undead due to his wish to forever cause death. In life he was very aggressive and blood thirsty. He is a lot calmer and experienced now though.
LMLA6wg.png Venomously
She/Her | FR +3

I love lore, would like to write some someday...
@alienjack

ping for Venomously!
@alienjack

ping for Venomously!
sig50_by_dingobreath-dcanxsv.png
@pumpkinpie thanks!

@Venomously sure thing :D i'm about to head to class but i'll work on it as soon as i'm done!
@pumpkinpie thanks!

@Venomously sure thing :D i'm about to head to class but i'll work on it as soon as i'm done!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Venomously [indent]soft- ly now, in silence. thanatos is friends with icarus, fallen, pulsing, dark, ugly wax feather wings inspired daedalus’s own fated design. there is no stiffness in his spine, now. he knows from experience how these things go. softly, now, silently. everything goes better if it goes quietly. you must reap what you sow.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thanks for the prompt :D hope you like it!
@Venomously
soft-
ly now,
in silence.
thanatos is
friends with
icarus, fallen,
pulsing, dark, ugly
wax feather wings
inspired daedalus’s
own fated design.
there is no
stiffness in
his spine,
now.
he knows
from experience
how these things go.
softly, now, silently.
everything goes
better if it goes
quietly.
you must
reap what
you sow.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
thanks for the prompt :D hope you like it!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Ebony3 i took a look through the dragons you linked as other potential muses, and i plan on doing about 5 of them! but i felt like that might become a long ping, so here’s two for now and i’ll either PM you or make another post for the others. thanks so much for all the inspo :D hope you like these! [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [b]rhino[/b] [indent]when you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place sometimes the best thing you can do is find a sledgehammer and force your way through, relentless and immediate, like how when you’re trapped inside a room without an exit, the best way to escape is finding the weakest pieces of plaster and wood. pushing through is something you’re good at, until you forget that sometimes it’s okay to step backwards instead of forwards, to dwell inside instead of outside of the past that you can’t quite fight through. sometimes the biggest breakthroughs are cracked lips pulled into tight grins, sharp eyes glittering with ruthless optimism and unfailing joy, knowing that there cannot be rocks and hard places as long as you are stronger than the things that pin you.[/indent] ----- [i]a/n: i hope you’re okay w the paragraph style! i just felt like it was a better fit for the personality of the poem. if you’d like me to split it into lines/verses, i can do that, too.[/i] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [b]dengue[/b] [indent]here’s the thing about hearing the chirping of bugs in a swamp: life happens in the strangest of places. dandelions push through cracked concrete only to ever be called weeds, despite the fact that as children, we see their golden petals and call them flowers. cacti grow best in deserts, starved for water, daring anyone who comes near to touch their needles, despite the fact that desert owls make homes out of them. there cannot be life without a little bit of circumstance, like how the best soils come from the decomposition of living creatures, of animals and plants, like how rot is the segway to growth. like how rotting out just encourages inner growth. there are trees growing, clinging, hanging on to the barest crevices, of the steep walls of the grand canyon. not even gravity drags them down; it just changes the shape in which they grow. sometimes, life happens in the strangest of places.[/indent] ----- [i]a/n: i looooved reading dengue’s bio! it’s really cute and i love her o:[/i]
@Ebony3 i took a look through the dragons you linked as other potential muses, and i plan on doing about 5 of them! but i felt like that might become a long ping, so here’s two for now and i’ll either PM you or make another post for the others. thanks so much for all the inspo :D hope you like these!
rhino
when you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place sometimes the best thing you can do is find a sledgehammer and force your way through, relentless and immediate, like how when you’re trapped inside a room without an exit, the best way to escape is finding the weakest pieces of plaster and wood. pushing through is something you’re good at, until you forget that sometimes it’s okay to step backwards instead of forwards, to dwell inside instead of outside of the past that you can’t quite fight through. sometimes the biggest breakthroughs are cracked lips pulled into tight grins, sharp eyes glittering with ruthless optimism and unfailing joy, knowing that there cannot be rocks and hard places as long as you are stronger than the things that pin you.

a/n: i hope you’re okay w the paragraph style! i just felt like it was a better fit for the personality of the poem. if you’d like me to split it into lines/verses, i can do that, too.
dengue
here’s the thing about hearing the chirping of bugs in a swamp:
life happens in the strangest of places.
dandelions push through cracked concrete
only to ever be called weeds, despite the fact that as children,
we see their golden petals and call them flowers.
cacti grow best in deserts, starved for water,
daring anyone who comes near to touch their needles,
despite the fact that desert owls make homes out of them.
there cannot be life without
a little bit of circumstance,
like how the best soils come from the decomposition
of living creatures, of animals and plants,
like how rot is the segway to growth. like how rotting out just
encourages inner growth.
there are trees growing, clinging, hanging on to the barest
crevices, of the steep walls of the grand canyon.
not even gravity drags them down;
it just
changes the shape in which they grow.
sometimes, life happens in
the strangest of places.

a/n: i looooved reading dengue’s bio! it’s really cute and i love her o:
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack
I just read this now and it's great! Thanks so much for doing this.

@alienjack
I just read this now and it's great! Thanks so much for doing this.

LMLA6wg.png Venomously
She/Her | FR +3

I love lore, would like to write some someday...
@Venomously sure thing! glad you liked it :D
@Venomously sure thing! glad you liked it :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Hi! Wow, your poems are beautiful. I hope you're still open. If so, I'd love if you can write a piece on Etude for me. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32221890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322219/32221890_350.png[/img] [/url] Etude's name means "A short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player." Her story is that she was a ballerina who wanted a life of freedom and adventure, so she ran away with a travelling circus, hoping to discover her truer, wilder self. I hope that is enough info...
@alienjack

Hi! Wow, your poems are beautiful. I hope you're still open. If so, I'd love if you can write a piece on Etude for me.

32221890_350.png

Etude's name means "A short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player."

Her story is that she was a ballerina who wanted a life of freedom and adventure, so she ran away with a travelling circus, hoping to discover her truer, wilder self.

I hope that is enough info...
@CirqueDuBestial [indent]haven’t you twisted yourself out of this one before? gasoline lights up your veins when desire sets you ablaze for something out of this world, something that you’ve never seen before. hop-skip-twist into the backseats of old cars while the road stretches for miles behind you and miles ahead. haven’t you played this song before? pluck it out and belt it out and put it on blast until it gets caught on the track of your brain and gets set on replay. it doesn’t take much anymore to get your imagination running free with unfurled wings, a technique that you’re nimbly, deftly, elegantly mastering. over the mountains, in the night air, through the rivers that carve out this land, you can hear the song playing, waiting for its mistress. won’t you play along?[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thanks for the prompt! what a beautiful dragon :D i hope you like it!
@CirqueDuBestial
haven’t you twisted yourself out of this one before?
gasoline lights up your veins when desire sets you ablaze
for something out of this world, something that you’ve
never seen before. hop-skip-twist into the backseats of old cars
while the road stretches for miles behind you
and miles ahead. haven’t you played this song before?
pluck it out and belt it out and put it on blast
until it gets caught on the track of your brain and gets set
on replay. it doesn’t take much anymore
to get your imagination running free with unfurled wings,
a technique that you’re nimbly, deftly, elegantly mastering.
over the mountains, in the night air, through the
rivers that carve out this land, you can hear the song
playing, waiting
for its mistress.
won’t you play along?
thanks for the prompt! what a beautiful dragon :D i hope you like it!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28