Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@alienjack

Thanks! Did I send payment yet?
@alienjack

Thanks! Did I send payment yet?
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
@LapisDragon17718 you didn't pay, no, but this is the free thread so you're not obligated to send me anything <3
@LapisDragon17718 you didn't pay, no, but this is the free thread so you're not obligated to send me anything <3
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@AlienJack
Username: Qthorse1

Character: Me, Qthorse1.

Word Count: 250, I'll pay you a small tip if it's that good.

Aesthetics, associations, etc.: I am kind, caring, I make sense of all things/people, I love mythical creatures, i love blue and white the most, but generally a love the rainbow. I have a older sis, a mom i love, and a grandma who makes Asian food. I love in terms of TV shows and movies, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Beauty and the Beast: Live Action Movie. I will have a TESLA, and a POOL soon, and I am female.

Hope that's good! ;P
@AlienJack
Username: Qthorse1

Character: Me, Qthorse1.

Word Count: 250, I'll pay you a small tip if it's that good.

Aesthetics, associations, etc.: I am kind, caring, I make sense of all things/people, I love mythical creatures, i love blue and white the most, but generally a love the rainbow. I have a older sis, a mom i love, and a grandma who makes Asian food. I love in terms of TV shows and movies, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Beauty and the Beast: Live Action Movie. I will have a TESLA, and a POOL soon, and I am female.

Hope that's good! ;P
@alienjack [b]Username:[/b] NotQuiteToxic [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] Pythia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11447469] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114475/11447469_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] No real preference, but I do like them short and sweet! [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] While Pythia is another name for the Oracle of Delphi, this dragon has no known prophetic abilities. As far as character details and aesthetic, she's got quite a bit in her bio and I don't want to clog up the thread
@alienjack
Username: NotQuiteToxic

Dragon/Character: Pythia

11447469_350.png

Word Count: No real preference, but I do like them short and sweet!

Aesthetics, associations, etc.: While Pythia is another name for the Oracle of Delphi, this dragon has no known prophetic abilities. As far as character details and aesthetic, she's got quite a bit in her bio and I don't want to clog up the thread
@alienjack I need more poetry in my life ~ [b]Username:[/b] Maevepanda, but call me Maeve! [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12111721] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121118/12111721_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] around 100 I think? More or less is also fine (word limits can be killing ;;_;;) [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] Okay, there's a lot. I'll try to keep it short and simple :x She's the clan healer, knows every herb and gem in Sornieth. Mate to the clan Matriarch. Lost her brother, who was also her Charge. Here's her [url=https://i.imgur.com/tDEniM1.png]moodboard[/url], her theme song is Man in Black from Johhny Cash. I hope that enough? Feel free to just ignore this one if it doesn't inspire you!
@alienjack

I need more poetry in my life ~

Username: Maevepanda, but call me Maeve!
Dragon/Character:
12111721_350.png

Word Count: around 100 I think? More or less is also fine (word limits can be killing ;;_;;)
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: Okay, there's a lot. I'll try to keep it short and simple :x
She's the clan healer, knows every herb and gem in Sornieth. Mate to the clan Matriarch. Lost her brother, who was also her Charge. Here's her moodboard, her theme song is Man in Black from Johhny Cash.
I hope that enough? Feel free to just ignore this one if it doesn't inspire you!
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Qthorse1 it's 277 words! thanks for your patience! :D [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=2]the ocean rolls and foams around your feet. sink your toes into the sand. above you, the sky is streaked with airbrushed clouds. blue white pink. the wind whispers and sings; she tells you sweet nothings about the places you will someday see. she has been there, and she wants to take you there. you wade further into poseidon’s kingdom, feel the hippocampi run around your knees. triton calls to you. so does the beast, the kraken, the things that live in the deep. the moon pulls you like the tide, around the horizon, across the globe. you feel it in your soul. when you lift, it follows, obeying you like the moon. it only breaks into shattered illusion when sharp spice bites through the breeze, a tangy touch to your tongue that calls you home: hecate comes in three forms, the maiden, the mother, and the crone. as the sun is born and dies each day, so does she. the ocean calls you home, but so does the house just up the beach, where hot food is cooking and wafting out the windows like ancient magic and potion. there is something spellbinding about this in-between, the bottom of the ocean and the shadow of the sky. it’s this catastrophic juncture in which you reside, the pull of two places calling you home. you turn towards the bungalow and the sand threatens to swallow your feet whole. the ocean calls, pleads, but tonight you will not recede into its waters. it is a decision that you make every night. some day, the tides know, you will join them and abandon the skies and take to the sea.[/indent]
@Qthorse1 it's 277 words! thanks for your patience! :D
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
the ocean rolls and foams around your feet. sink your toes into the sand. above you, the sky is streaked with airbrushed clouds. blue white pink. the wind whispers and sings; she tells you sweet nothings about the places you will someday see. she has been there, and she wants to take you there. you wade further into poseidon’s kingdom, feel the hippocampi run around your knees. triton calls to you. so does the beast, the kraken, the things that live in the deep. the moon pulls you like the tide, around the horizon, across the globe. you feel it in your soul. when you lift, it follows, obeying you like the moon. it only breaks into shattered illusion when sharp spice bites through the breeze, a tangy touch to your tongue that calls you home: hecate comes in three forms, the maiden, the mother, and the crone. as the sun is born and dies each day, so does she. the ocean calls you home, but so does the house just up the beach, where hot food is cooking and wafting out the windows like ancient magic and potion. there is something spellbinding about this in-between, the bottom of the ocean and the shadow of the sky. it’s this catastrophic juncture in which you reside, the pull of two places calling you home. you turn towards the bungalow and the sand threatens to swallow your feet whole. the ocean calls, pleads, but tonight you will not recede into its waters. it is a decision that you make every night. some day, the tides know, you will join them and abandon the skies and take to the sea.
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@NotQuiteToxic my friend!!! how are you!!! i miss you!!!!!!!!! thanks for coming by for more poetry :D [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [indent]the brush rustles against your legs as you press on. perhaps you could call it a quest but it is more of an adventure, an exploration without a destination or goal in mind. you keep friendship with the inky words that you write in your journal, collect animal sketches and companions like hoarders collect coins. the shade is all around, but it never even tries to reach for you, almost as if it knows that you have important work left to do. and you keep moving.[/indent]
@NotQuiteToxic my friend!!! how are you!!! i miss you!!!!!!!!! thanks for coming by for more poetry :D
the brush rustles against your legs as you press on.
perhaps you could call it a quest but it is more of an adventure,
an exploration without a destination or goal in mind.
you keep friendship with the inky words that you write in your
journal, collect animal sketches and companions
like hoarders collect coins. the shade is all around, but it never
even tries to reach for you, almost as if it knows
that you have important work left to do. and you keep moving.
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack [b]Username:[/b] LiNaan [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39701068] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/397011/39701068_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] uhh, no idea. keep it short! like, one stanza ?? [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] I think you could tell by looking at him, but his aesthetic is all fairy-like and dreamy. I'd like a short lil poem to reflect that! No idea what Alatar means, but I thought it fit him. Write what you will!
@alienjack
Username: LiNaan
Dragon/Character:
39701068_350.png

Word Count: uhh, no idea. keep it short! like, one stanza ??
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: I think you could tell by looking at him, but his aesthetic is all fairy-like and dreamy. I'd like a short lil poem to reflect that! No idea what Alatar means, but I thought it fit him.

Write what you will!
Gsc8y3C.png
@alienjack Hello, hello! Could you write a poem for this lad? C: [b]Username:[/b] JustNatureThings [b]Dragon/Character:[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39800165] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/398002/39800165_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] Any amount is fine! [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] The clan's resident god of war, who can't remember anything about his past. Has an [i]extremely[/i] short-temper and will square up with anything and anyone, but is really just a hopeless romantic who wants affection. I don't have any aesthetics for him, but he has some lore in his bio, if you want to check that out!
@alienjack
Hello, hello! Could you write a poem for this lad? C:
Username: JustNatureThings
Dragon/Character:
39800165_350.png

Word Count: Any amount is fine!
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: The clan's resident god of war, who can't remember anything about his past. Has an extremely short-temper and will square up with anything and anyone, but is really just a hopeless romantic who wants affection. I don't have any aesthetics for him, but he has some lore in his bio, if you want to check that out!
wuW0njL.pngT8IIRHW.png
@Maevepanda [indent]agrimony for benevolence, the protection of restoration-- to heal. blue sage for peace, to feel the weight of the world fall from your bones. calendula for remembrance, to thank the sun for shining, to honor the dead. horehound for clarity, to fight illusions within, to act quickly and with certainty. jasmine for kindness. lavender for sleep. marjoram for easing grief. these are the things that you carry inside you, strapped to your belt and tucked under your pillowed head as you sleep. it is not so much that you believe that nettle with deter evil, that orris root will give you charisma, but that growing roses does bring about beauty, that spearmint smells cleansing, that having witch hazel within reach to rub your fingers over soothes your anger. the magic of healing and herbal remedies are at least comforting to believe. so pluck that yarrow and tuck it into your pockets; perhaps it will bring you good fortune, or courage, or maybe something that is not quite divination but optimism-- or hope.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i really loved writing this one!! i hope you like it :D
@Maevepanda
agrimony for benevolence, the protection of restoration-- to heal.
blue sage for peace, to feel the weight of the world fall from your bones.
calendula for remembrance, to thank the sun for shining, to honor the dead.
horehound for clarity, to fight illusions within, to act quickly and with certainty.
jasmine for kindness. lavender for sleep. marjoram for easing grief.
these are the things that you carry inside you, strapped to your belt
and tucked under your pillowed head as you sleep. it is not so much that you
believe that nettle with deter evil, that orris root will give you charisma,
but that growing roses does bring about beauty, that spearmint smells cleansing,
that having witch hazel within reach to rub your fingers over soothes your anger.
the magic of healing and herbal remedies are at least comforting to believe.
so pluck that yarrow and tuck it into your pockets; perhaps it will bring you
good fortune, or courage, or maybe something that is not quite divination
but optimism-- or hope.
i really loved writing this one!! i hope you like it :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28