Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28
@JustNatureThings [indent]the sun is small, barely glittering, as he approaches, timidly, whispers, ‘excuse me miss, but see-- i heard rumors, you know, that you could turn a tree into a girl again. my laurel wreath used to be-- yes, yes, you heard me correctly, my lover has been transformed, the way alchemists make gold out of iron, the way green rusts over copper. i don’t know why this happened to me.’ gold medals are given to victories, winners crowned in laurel wreaths, potion bottles wrapped in warnings: ‘leave these nymphs be, lest they be witches and sorceresses in training.’ you look at his sad yellow eyes and you tell the sun, ‘alchemy turns iron into gold. i do not concern myself with turning gold into silver. and besides, i am not one with the power of metamorphoses: i am a potion master. perhaps i can sell you an elixir as a way to soothe your eternal heartbreak.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] what's UP you get an Extra Long poem because i love [i]metamorphoses[/i], a collection of roman/greek mythology of 'change.' here's the story of the laurel, the tree that was once a girl named daphne. i hope you like it!! i really appreciate all the aesthetic info you gave me, that helps soooo much <3 and thank you for coming back to my shop :D
@JustNatureThings
the sun is small, barely glittering, as he
approaches, timidly, whispers, ‘excuse
me miss, but see-- i heard rumors,
you know, that you
could turn a tree into a girl again.
my laurel wreath used to be--
yes, yes, you heard me correctly,
my lover has been transformed,
the way alchemists make gold
out of iron, the way green
rusts over copper. i don’t know why
this happened to me.’
gold medals are given to victories,
winners crowned in laurel wreaths,
potion bottles wrapped in warnings:
‘leave these nymphs be, lest
they be witches and sorceresses in
training.’ you look at his sad yellow eyes
and you tell the sun, ‘alchemy
turns iron into gold. i do not concern
myself with turning gold
into silver. and besides, i am not
one with the power of metamorphoses:
i am a potion master. perhaps
i can sell you an elixir
as a way to soothe your eternal heartbreak.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
what's UP you get an Extra Long poem because i love metamorphoses, a collection of roman/greek mythology of 'change.' here's the story of the laurel, the tree that was once a girl named daphne. i hope you like it!! i really appreciate all the aesthetic info you gave me, that helps soooo much <3
and thank you for coming back to my shop :D
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@alienjack
this reply is so late

It's a wonderful poem, and it fits her extremely well! Sending a tip your way! :D

@alienjack
this reply is so late

It's a wonderful poem, and it fits her extremely well! Sending a tip your way! :D

wuW0njL.pngT8IIRHW.png
@JustNatureThings thank you so much :D
@JustNatureThings thank you so much :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
[center][img]http://i64.tinypic.com/dgm8n6.png[/img] [size=5]The Free Poetry Thread has now been reopened![/size] Special thanks to everyone from the commissions thread who helped me reach my monetary goal and gene my progens! (@ThisWayIsNotSafe, @Vigil, @chocoapple, @Fletcher, @NotQuiteToxic, @SylvanMoon, @hoghops, @LapisDragon17718, @Skifter, @Tanni, @FrozenShard35567, @AnnaBear, @artisticRock, @retrodetective! Thanks to y'all and some very generous donations, my progens are beautiful!) Now that I've completed that goal, this free shop is now back in business! (Tips still accepted, however! ;) lol)[/center] [size=2]here's to hoping that i don't get rekt for resurrecting an old thread. creative corner lets you do that, right?[/size]
dgm8n6.png
The Free Poetry Thread has now been reopened!
Special thanks to everyone from the commissions thread who helped me reach my monetary goal and gene my progens!
(@ThisWayIsNotSafe, @Vigil, @chocoapple, @Fletcher, @NotQuiteToxic, @SylvanMoon, @hoghops, @LapisDragon17718, @Skifter, @Tanni, @FrozenShard35567, @AnnaBear, @artisticRock, @retrodetective!
Thanks to y'all and some very generous donations, my progens are beautiful!)

Now that I've completed that goal, this free shop is now back in business!
(Tips still accepted, however! ;) lol)

here's to hoping that i don't get rekt for resurrecting an old thread. creative corner lets you do that, right?
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack [b]Username:[/b] LapisDragon17718 [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39940893] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/399409/39940893_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] Any [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] Pretty much a fire-themed spiral. Can you do anything with that?
@alienjack
Username: LapisDragon17718
Dragon/Character:
39940893_350.png

Word Count: Any
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: Pretty much a fire-themed spiral. Can you do anything with that?
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
@LapisDragon17718 sure thing!
@LapisDragon17718 sure thing!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack
Oof I've got a bunch of nondragon OCs that I'd to get love poems for;; would it be alright if I PMed you for details/ payment etc.?
@alienjack
Oof I've got a bunch of nondragon OCs that I'd to get love poems for;; would it be alright if I PMed you for details/ payment etc.?
@MonochromeMetro feel free to send me a PM! just a heads up that it'll probably take some time, as I'm in the last two weeks of my school semester so things are pretty hectic right now ^^;
@MonochromeMetro feel free to send me a PM! just a heads up that it'll probably take some time, as I'm in the last two weeks of my school semester so things are pretty hectic right now ^^;
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@LapisDragon17718 [indent]the flames keep spiralling higher until your eyes can't stop water -ing, smoke and ash and dust all conglomerating until nothing is left but hot coal and blackened logs, ghosts of the bones of w -itches that they burned burned burned, but ne -ver really killed.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] *shows up a month after your request with this tiny lil thing* hope you like it !! i like the structure that i ended up with for this one, and just went with the fire thing since you said she's just a fire-themed spiral <3 thanks for coming to my thread!
@LapisDragon17718
the flames keep
spiralling higher
until your eyes
can't stop water
-ing, smoke and
ash and dust all
conglomerating
until nothing is
left but hot coal
and blackened
logs, ghosts of
the bones of w
-itches that they
burned burned
burned, but ne
-ver really killed.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
*shows up a month after your request with this tiny lil thing* hope you like it !! i like the structure that i ended up with for this one, and just went with the fire thing since you said she's just a fire-themed spiral <3 thanks for coming to my thread!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28