Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28
@elainexcupcake yay!! thank you :D

@ArowanaPrincess sure thing :D i'm about to log off for the night but i'll get to it ASAP c:
@elainexcupcake yay!! thank you :D

@ArowanaPrincess sure thing :D i'm about to log off for the night but i'll get to it ASAP c:
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
ahhhhh I've been popping around and back around throughout today and your turns of phrase are just [i]so good[/i] gryahhhhhh If you're so inclined, how about writing one for Rahyul? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37127313] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/371274/37127313_350.png[/img] [/url] His name means "traveler", but also "conqueror of all miseries" and "relation"... these are all moderately significant, as he chose this name for himself— or well uh, to be fair, it's more of an alias. He hails from a desert clan, is actually their prince. However, there is much that plagues them as a peoples, something which has been tearing at each individual and their society as a whole for generations. As a clan, infighting simmers beneath, and at any moment the tension could boil over— with the royal family's own sovereignty a potential trophy amidst the scramble. Beneath civility there is budding chaos and corruption; however, it would not be fair to attribute these ills to a single source, as its factors are as much internal as it is external. They are inherently flawed as people, however as with any family, Rahyul loves them all the same. What plagues his clan is not something a single dragon can fix, he understands that, but as their young heir and as someone who cares for them, he is bound by duty and cannot merely remain sedentary. Under the guise of having been abducted, he leaves the desert to find a way to remedy his people's ills, adopting a name that serves to remind him of what it is he has set out to do. He is a traveler now, yes— but he is tied to his family, and is to return the conqueror of their miseries. err...... oops im so sorry I definitely got carried away there. Another erm... layer of complication i was contemplating was him potentially being illegitimate. having to cover his own butt and potentially getting it all swept out from under him when he's very close to making things work ahaha. another thing to add onto the pile of things and more that i'm not good at wording fffsdfdf lays out im very sorry, I hope that wasn't too much for you to work with / aren't things that are workable. I'm not very good with aesthetics so please go ahead and take whatever you've gleaned or inspires you, I'll let you have artistic freedom if that works for you 'v';;
ahhhhh I've been popping around and back around throughout today and your turns of phrase are just so good gryahhhhhh

If you're so inclined, how about writing one for Rahyul?

37127313_350.png

His name means "traveler", but also "conqueror of all miseries" and "relation"... these are all moderately significant, as he chose this name for himself— or well uh, to be fair, it's more of an alias. He hails from a desert clan, is actually their prince. However, there is much that plagues them as a peoples, something which has been tearing at each individual and their society as a whole for generations. As a clan, infighting simmers beneath, and at any moment the tension could boil over— with the royal family's own sovereignty a potential trophy amidst the scramble. Beneath civility there is budding chaos and corruption; however, it would not be fair to attribute these ills to a single source, as its factors are as much internal as it is external. They are inherently flawed as people, however as with any family, Rahyul loves them all the same. What plagues his clan is not something a single dragon can fix, he understands that, but as their young heir and as someone who cares for them, he is bound by duty and cannot merely remain sedentary. Under the guise of having been abducted, he leaves the desert to find a way to remedy his people's ills, adopting a name that serves to remind him of what it is he has set out to do. He is a traveler now, yes— but he is tied to his family, and is to return the conqueror of their miseries.

err...... oops im so sorry I definitely got carried away there. Another erm... layer of complication i was contemplating was him potentially being illegitimate. having to cover his own butt and potentially getting it all swept out from under him when he's very close to making things work ahaha. another thing to add onto the pile of things and more that i'm not good at wording fffsdfdf

lays out im very sorry, I hope that wasn't too much for you to work with / aren't things that are workable. I'm not very good with aesthetics so please go ahead and take whatever you've gleaned or inspires you, I'll let you have artistic freedom if that works for you 'v';;
s6uh36.jpg
@ArowanaPrincess [indent]bravery burns like a phoenix: sometimes you have to glean it from the embers, foster it and keep it close to the chest until it is big enough to start wildfires again. charm glitters like dazzling fireworks: you know how to catch eyes, turn smiles, leave a lasting impression behind eyelids, beauty and danger and adrenaline. bonfires blaze in the chambers of your heart right under your ribs, red and alluring with bright devastation and high-held heads. smirking pyromancer, beautiful friend: are you ready to set the world aflame again?[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [s]the astrology nerd in me: haha, she’s an earth sign (taurus) but the fire rep! irony[/s] i hope you like this!! she’s so pretty o:
@ArowanaPrincess
bravery burns like a phoenix: sometimes
you have to glean it from the embers,
foster it and keep it close to the chest until
it is big enough to start wildfires again.
charm glitters like dazzling fireworks: you
know how to catch eyes, turn smiles,
leave a lasting impression behind eyelids,
beauty and danger and adrenaline.
bonfires blaze in the chambers of your heart
right under your ribs, red and alluring
with bright devastation and high-held heads.
smirking pyromancer, beautiful friend:
are you ready to set the world aflame again?
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
the astrology nerd in me: haha, she’s an earth sign (taurus) but the fire rep! irony
i hope you like this!! she’s so pretty o:
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack I love it! Thank you so much!
@alienjack I love it! Thank you so much!
sig_by_cas_a_fras-dcnoirv.png
@ArowanaPrincess yay! thank you!

@Nano whoops, missed your ping! i'll get to it asap :D thanks for such in-depth info, it's super helpful!!!
@ArowanaPrincess yay! thank you!

@Nano whoops, missed your ping! i'll get to it asap :D thanks for such in-depth info, it's super helpful!!!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Nano [indent][size=2]the desert is merciless to those who don’t understand it, to those who do not give these red sands the respect it deserves. whipping winds erode even mountains into nothing but dust, bringing you to your knees in orange and gold of sunsets in summer. remember that you are nothing more than a traveler; remember that you are a prince, a future king, the bleeding heart for a dying people, the backbone of your clan crushed and your people paralysed. the desert will be your mother, guiding you, bringing you answers; the desert will be your father, a heavy-handed disciplinary but providing. either way, you do not belong where you believe, but rather where you are believed in. don’t forget the path home when the desert sweeps the tracks from behind you.[/indent][/size] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] mixed feelings abt this one? i hope you like it!! i can always write a new one if you want? idk maybe it's just me, haha
@Nano
the desert is merciless to those who don’t understand it,
to those who do not give these red sands the respect it deserves.
whipping winds erode even mountains into nothing but dust,
bringing you to your knees in orange and gold of sunsets in summer.
remember that you are nothing more than a traveler;
remember that you are a prince, a future king, the bleeding heart
for a dying people, the backbone of your clan crushed and your people paralysed.
the desert will be your mother, guiding you, bringing you answers;
the desert will be your father, a heavy-handed disciplinary but providing.
either way, you do not belong where you believe,
but rather where you are believed in. don’t forget the path home
when the desert sweeps the tracks from behind you.

tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
mixed feelings abt this one? i hope you like it!! i can always write a new one if you want? idk maybe it's just me, haha
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack
Oohh, it’s wonderful! :o!! There are parts of it I actually really like fjshdjdjdhdsj I’m not even joking,,,

I’ll send a little something your way! definitely, though, if you’d like a second try at it you’re very welcome to be my guest, I’d love to see what else you come up with if you’re so inclined! I know how it is if you don’t feel satisfied with something you’ve made haha
@alienjack
Oohh, it’s wonderful! :o!! There are parts of it I actually really like fjshdjdjdhdsj I’m not even joking,,,

I’ll send a little something your way! definitely, though, if you’d like a second try at it you’re very welcome to be my guest, I’d love to see what else you come up with if you’re so inclined! I know how it is if you don’t feel satisfied with something you’ve made haha
s6uh36.jpg
@alienjack I've returned for another poem! Could you write one for this lady? :) She's the clan's potions-master, and runs a small alchemy shop. Everything she makes is dangerous in the wrong hands, but most dragons heed her warnings and don't misuse her potions. She's pretty shady to those she doesn't interact with, but is a lovely dragon once you get to know her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35561466] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/355615/35561466_350.png[/img] [/url] She has a moodboard in her bio, along with an extremely short description. [b]name:[/b] Laurel [b]what it means: [/b]I don't think it has a meaning, but she's named after the tree! [b]aesthetic:[/b] Precious metals and the way some shine when polished. Gardens of plants that give off calming scents as they are watered, warm drinks that burn your mouth and have little clouds of steam that rise from them. (I could go on about her aesthetic, but I'll leave it at this so I don't get carried away haha)
@alienjack
I've returned for another poem! Could you write one for this lady? :) She's the clan's potions-master, and runs a small alchemy shop. Everything she makes is dangerous in the wrong hands, but most dragons heed her warnings and don't misuse her potions. She's pretty shady to those she doesn't interact with, but is a lovely dragon once you get to know her.

35561466_350.png

She has a moodboard in her bio, along with an extremely short description.

name: Laurel

what it means: I don't think it has a meaning, but she's named after the tree!

aesthetic: Precious metals and the way some shine when polished. Gardens of plants that give off calming scents as they are watered, warm drinks that burn your mouth and have little clouds of steam that rise from them. (I could go on about her aesthetic, but I'll leave it at this so I don't get carried away haha)
wuW0njL.pngT8IIRHW.png
@Nano i might revisit him in a couple days and i'll let you know of anything else i write for him c:

@JustNatureThings hi!! welcome back :D i'll get started on that ASAP!
@Nano i might revisit him in a couple days and i'll let you know of anything else i write for him c:

@JustNatureThings hi!! welcome back :D i'll get started on that ASAP!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
Sounds like a plan! :> I’ll definitely be sticking around~!
Sounds like a plan! :> I’ll definitely be sticking around~!
s6uh36.jpg
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28