Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28
@NickyJade156 thanks! :D

@Kapara yay!

@seafoamtides whoops, missed your ping-- i'll get on it ASAP!
@NickyJade156 thanks! :D

@Kapara yay!

@seafoamtides whoops, missed your ping-- i'll get on it ASAP!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@seafoamtides [b]style 1[/b] [indent]they do not tell you when you are young that politics can be more bloodthirsty than even war, little princess. so strap your sword to your back, go diligently into the wild, away from all their selfish wars, into your own being. you will learn that we have not grown out of our past beasts, that nature has its own style of politics. survival is king, so it’s either you or them that must bleed. let the wind drift you off like calming seas away from wild thinking. maybe, if you believe hard enough, words might be able to replace bloodshed. maybe, if you craft each speech just sharply enough, you can invent a new style of war. maybe, if you lay down your arms, you’ll finally escape it.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [b]style 2[/b] [center]bird skulls and feathers are all that veil you from the wind against your past, dressed in skeletons because that’s all you have in the back of your closet, cobwebs and plastic tiaras and wooden swords. how long did you think you could last? how long will it take to stop this war, waged in nobles’ stone rooms and in rogues’ wild forests and in you, as your eyes dodge every mirror you walk past. silver will not burn you if you never touch it, silver-tongued speaker who hides behind masks and uses wise words to wage a new kind of war. peace must come from within. someday you might be able to step out from behind your mask and begin again.[/center] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope you like these! i wrote the first one and was like “hmmm this feels like it’s too much of Backstory” so i wrote the second one. feel free to use either one or both if you want. thanks!
@seafoamtides

style 1
they do not tell you when you are young
that politics can be more bloodthirsty
than even war, little princess. so strap your
sword to your back, go diligently into
the wild, away from all their selfish wars,
into your own being.

you will learn that we have not grown out
of our past beasts, that nature has its own
style of politics. survival is king, so it’s
either you or them that must bleed.
let the wind drift you off like calming seas
away from wild thinking.

maybe, if you believe hard enough,
words might be able to replace bloodshed.
maybe, if you craft each speech just
sharply enough, you can invent a new style
of war. maybe, if you lay down your arms,
you’ll finally escape it.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png

style 2
bird skulls and feathers are all that veil you from the wind against your past, dressed in skeletons because that’s all you have in the back of your closet, cobwebs and plastic tiaras and wooden swords. how long did you think you could last? how long will it take to stop this war, waged in nobles’ stone rooms and in rogues’ wild forests and in you, as your eyes dodge every mirror you walk past. silver will not burn you if you never touch it, silver-tongued speaker who hides behind masks and uses wise words to wage a new kind of war. peace must come from within. someday you might be able to step out from behind your mask and begin again.
i hope you like these! i wrote the first one and was like “hmmm this feels like it’s too much of Backstory” so i wrote the second one. feel free to use either one or both if you want. thanks!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
thank you so much! i think i'm going to use both, actually. your poetry is beautiful :D
thank you so much! i think i'm going to use both, actually. your poetry is beautiful :D
200.gif
@seafoamtides yay, thank you so much! (please don't forget to credit me, thank you!)
@seafoamtides yay, thank you so much! (please don't forget to credit me, thank you!)
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack your work is beautiful!! i'd love to get a piece for this girl~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31792548] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317926/31792548_350.png[/img] [/url] rose is a sort of twisted fairy godmother?? she's a matchmaker in possession of some sort of love magic, though she denies having it. she's not kind and the work she does comes at a very high price. as for her name, rose was originally just bc i liked the name, but it's really grown on her. her attitude and reputation as a beautiful but terrible dragon really fit with the "every rose has its thorns" type vibe. i really really love poetry aa i'm so excited
@alienjack
your work is beautiful!! i'd love to get a piece for this girl~

31792548_350.png

rose is a sort of twisted fairy godmother?? she's a matchmaker in possession of some sort of love magic, though she denies having it. she's not kind and the work she does comes at a very high price. as for her name, rose was originally just bc i liked the name, but it's really grown on her. her attitude and reputation as a beautiful but terrible dragon really fit with the "every rose has its thorns" type vibe.

i really really love poetry aa i'm so excited
SDMKiMj.gif i go by sav or sugar
she/her
| adult | +2 FR
PMC
| TH | accents
my lore archive
@alienjack [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36740323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/367404/36740323_350.png[/img] [/url] Lasselanta, the lantern of fall. I haven't had time to put a lot of thought into her, but she's an undead spirit like her brother, Firith, and a malevolent one at that. Her 'theme' is all about autumn, undeath, dying leaves; stuff like that. I love your poems, I'd love to see what you make of her!
@alienjack

36740323_350.png

Lasselanta, the lantern of fall. I haven't had time to put a lot of thought into her, but she's an undead spirit like her brother, Firith, and a malevolent one at that.
Her 'theme' is all about autumn, undeath, dying leaves; stuff like that. I love your poems, I'd love to see what you make of her!

z3ouQq5.gif
tala | fr +0
they/any
ace & queer
lore/permatlair
my blaseballt
fandragonst:]
A7-D7-CDE6-7-F0-A-49-**-AE7-A-B3021-F364-CF6.gif
@alienjack

I love poetry! I myself have tried to write a few poems, they're ok, but not the best. To be honest I'm a little ashamed of them... but ,hey! In order to succeed, you need to fail so you can learn from your mistakes and get better!
________________________________________________________________________________

Type 1
name: Jahr /?â?r/

what it means:
1)heat
2)ardour
4)fever, high temperature
5)embers

some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc: His entire character journey is based on the ???-????? or also known as the Firebird. Specifically, "The Firebird is a marvel, highly coveted, but the hero, initially charmed by the wonder of the feather, eventually blames it for his troubles."
He also has a thing for roses and sunflowers, but I don't know if that's relevant or not.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks a lot! I'll send you 40,000t as a tip and if you want I could draw one of your dragons, as I need some inspiration (and practice) for my art as well.

Edit: I just realized that some letters/characters don't show up on this website, whoops! Sorry if you see some question marks or weird squares in the places of letters!
@alienjack

I love poetry! I myself have tried to write a few poems, they're ok, but not the best. To be honest I'm a little ashamed of them... but ,hey! In order to succeed, you need to fail so you can learn from your mistakes and get better!

Type 1
name: Jahr /?â?r/

what it means:
1)heat
2)ardour
4)fever, high temperature
5)embers

some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc: His entire character journey is based on the ???-????? or also known as the Firebird. Specifically, "The Firebird is a marvel, highly coveted, but the hero, initially charmed by the wonder of the feather, eventually blames it for his troubles."
He also has a thing for roses and sunflowers, but I don't know if that's relevant or not.

Thanks a lot! I'll send you 40,000t as a tip and if you want I could draw one of your dragons, as I need some inspiration (and practice) for my art as well.

Edit: I just realized that some letters/characters don't show up on this website, whoops! Sorry if you see some question marks or weird squares in the places of letters!
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
@grapefruity [indent]maybe you’re just gatsby, looking for your heart. she’s in a different world now, the ‘one that got away.’ maybe that’s why you’ve harbored this bitterness, this vanity: you’re too much of a catch for anyone, a spirit of vintage beauty, a phantom of what once was. maybe this is what happens to broken hearts that don’t mend. maybe you’re just the beast, locked up in your castle out of fear, all your servants scurrying around and sharing your misery. maybe you’re just waiting for someone to show you how to be okay again. maybe you’re scared of the inside not quite matching the outside. maybe this is what happens to hearts that don’t know they’re broken. maybe you just needed a better chance until the bitterness took you like a tidal wave. maybe we focused too much on the princess, not the faerie that let her live this story.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] aaa i hope you like this! thank you so much! it ended up being a loooot longer than i initially anticipated so uhhh yay for you for getting a randomly extensive poem lol she's a super interesting character!
@grapefruity
maybe you’re just gatsby,
looking for your heart. she’s
in a different world now, the
‘one that got away.’ maybe
that’s why you’ve harbored
this bitterness, this vanity:
you’re too much of a catch
for anyone, a spirit of
vintage beauty, a phantom
of what once was. maybe
this is what happens to
broken hearts that don’t
mend.
maybe you’re just the beast,
locked up in your castle
out of fear, all your servants
scurrying around and sharing
your misery. maybe
you’re just waiting for
someone to show you how
to be okay again. maybe
you’re scared of the inside
not quite matching the
outside. maybe this
is what happens to hearts
that don’t know they’re
broken.
maybe you just needed
a better chance until the
bitterness took you like
a tidal wave. maybe we
focused too much on the
princess, not the faerie
that let her live this
story.
aaa i hope you like this! thank you so much!
it ended up being a loooot longer than i initially anticipated so uhhh yay for you for getting a randomly extensive poem lol
she's a super interesting character!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@Tala2121 [indent]the transition of summer to autumn is colorful consequence, burning red as everything dies and flees from the grip of impending winter. autumn is a season of death, lighting the way across the river styx, pulling persephone past cerberus. we like to think that thanatos is gentle when he severs our souls. we like to pretend that death can be sweet; the wind cuts deep through your lungs in october as everything turns orange, brown, golden, like a strange-colored bruise.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope you like it!! she’s so pretty. i love her lore concept!
@Tala2121
the transition of summer to autumn
is colorful consequence, burning red
as everything dies and flees from
the grip of impending winter. autumn
is a season of death, lighting the way
across the river styx, pulling persephone
past cerberus. we like to think that
thanatos is gentle when he severs
our souls. we like to pretend that death
can be sweet; the wind cuts deep
through your lungs in october
as everything turns orange, brown,
golden, like a strange-colored bruise.
i hope you like it!! she’s so pretty. i love her lore concept!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack
aaaaaaa i love it!!!
it's so beautiful,, i have no words for how much i love it~
@alienjack
aaaaaaa i love it!!!
it's so beautiful,, i have no words for how much i love it~
SDMKiMj.gif i go by sav or sugar