Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28
@alienjack [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31419046] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314191/31419046_350.png[/img] [/url] This dragon is unnamed. This is deliberate. I have no real lore for him. That is also deliberate. He is like one of the many thousands of people you pass in the world. You know their appearance, the context in which they appeared to you, and nothing else. I'd love to see your interpretation of him. There is one thing you may find out about him, if you observe him long enough. He is deaf.
@alienjack

31419046_350.png

This dragon is unnamed. This is deliberate. I have no real lore for him. That is also deliberate. He is like one of the many thousands of people you pass in the world. You know their appearance, the context in which they appeared to you, and nothing else. I'd love to see your interpretation of him.

There is one thing you may find out about him, if you observe him long enough. He is deaf.
dNCLmdm.png
@NickyJade156 [indent]my clever little brother cronus-- [i]abel[/i]-- after all, i am the god, the titan of mortality. why can’t i also be cain, first murderer, when my name is of wounding, piercing. my craft is eternal as ares leads wars and hades holds souls collected by thanatos. i am the father of atlas, who bears the weight of the world on his shoulders; i am the father of prometheus, and ergo the grandfather of mankind. cronus may have been king of the sky, but he sways no loyalty. i bear a curse on my forehead, a warning: [i]stay away.[/i][/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] hope you like it :D i was really excited about this one! sorry for the wait, haha (and let me know when you pick a song for his ‘theme’ o: i’m interested in seeing/hearing that!)
@NickyJade156
my clever little brother
cronus-- abel--
after all, i am the god,
the titan of mortality.
why can’t i also be cain,
first murderer,
when my name is of
wounding, piercing.
my craft is eternal as
ares leads wars
and hades holds souls
collected by thanatos.
i am the father
of atlas,
who bears the weight
of the world on
his shoulders; i am
the father of prometheus,
and ergo the grandfather
of mankind.
cronus may
have been king
of the sky, but he sways
no loyalty. i bear
a curse on my forehead,
a warning:
stay away.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
hope you like it :D i was really excited about this one! sorry for the wait, haha
(and let me know when you pick a song for his ‘theme’ o: i’m interested in seeing/hearing that!)
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@Kapara [indent]when was the last time you looked up at office building skyscrapers and wondered about all the people inside? when was the last time you bumped a stranger on the sidewalk and said sorry without hearing them or seeing them or ever knowing their face? when was the last time a face appeared in your dreams that you couldn’t quite place because your brain automatically keeps a registry of everyone you’ve ever seen? when was the last time you thought about how many three billion is? when was the last time you saw a movie that used ‘ringing’ to indicate silence, because the weight of nothing is just too heavy to deal with? when was the last time you thought about other people having the same name as you?[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] wow, what an interesting guy O: i hope you like this!!!
@Kapara
when was the last time you
looked up at office building skyscrapers
and wondered about all the people inside?

bumped a stranger on the sidewalk and
said sorry without hearing them or
seeing them or ever knowing their face?

when was the last time a
face appeared in your dreams that you
couldn’t quite place because your brain
automatically keeps a registry of everyone
you’ve ever seen?

thought about how many three billion is?

saw a movie that used ‘ringing’ to indicate
silence, because the weight of nothing is
just too heavy to deal with?

thought about other people having the
same name as you?
wow, what an interesting guy O:
i hope you like this!!!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack This poem did make me think. I won't put it in the bio of my dragon, but I did put it in my clan profile. If it's not too much trouble, I have another dragon I'd like a poem for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23093751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230938/23093751_350.png[/img] [/url] Elvira Origin: Spanish Meaning: White, fair, beautiful, true The outline of her lore is in her bio. (What is it with me and deliberately not revealing everything in bios) What actually happened was that a Light flight swordsman requested a sword from her, and she fell in love with him. She poured everything into that sword and created a masterpiece. When the swordsman left she went into hiding because she knew she would never make a greater sword. And then one day she heard that the swordsman had died. She travelled east to confirm it for herself. She found it true, and was shaken to the core. She's living in the clan where the swordman last lived. No-one else knows he's dead, not even his friends. This might explain her current state of being better [quote name="Kapara" date=2017-05-14 23:25:46] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21557475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215575/21557475_350.png[/img] [/url] "There has yet to be a documented method of getting a reaction out of her. By that I mean, if you splash her with water, nothing, if you threaten her with a knife, nothing. Is she walking into a warzone, she walks out covered in shrapnel. We've tried everything. Sylphide and I have yet to determine if she has the same perception of reality as we do, or if she's constantly sleepwalking. All we know is that she is neither blind, deaf or anosmic. "Frankly, I'm worried about her. One of these days she'll get herself seriously hurt if she continues as is." [/quote] Is this too much information? Whoops
@alienjack

This poem did make me think. I won't put it in the bio of my dragon, but I did put it in my clan profile.

If it's not too much trouble, I have another dragon I'd like a poem for

23093751_350.png

Elvira
Origin: Spanish
Meaning: White, fair, beautiful, true

The outline of her lore is in her bio. (What is it with me and deliberately not revealing everything in bios) What actually happened was that a Light flight swordsman requested a sword from her, and she fell in love with him. She poured everything into that sword and created a masterpiece. When the swordsman left she went into hiding because she knew she would never make a greater sword.
And then one day she heard that the swordsman had died. She travelled east to confirm it for herself. She found it true, and was shaken to the core. She's living in the clan where the swordman last lived. No-one else knows he's dead, not even his friends.

This might explain her current state of being better
Kapara wrote on 2017-05-14:

21557475_350.png

"There has yet to be a documented method of getting a reaction out of her. By that I mean, if you splash her with water, nothing, if you threaten her with a knife, nothing. Is she walking into a warzone, she walks out covered in shrapnel. We've tried everything. Sylphide and I have yet to determine if she has the same perception of reality as we do, or if she's constantly sleepwalking. All we know is that she is neither blind, deaf or anosmic.

"Frankly, I'm worried about her. One of these days she'll get herself seriously hurt if she continues as is."

Is this too much information? Whoops
dNCLmdm.png
@alienjack So, I recently got my Progen's mate back (I'm so happy about it XD), could you make a bio for him? :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34393642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/343937/34393642_350.png[/img] [/url]
@alienjack So, I recently got my Progen's mate back (I'm so happy about it XD), could you make a bio for him? :D

34393642_350.png
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
@Kapara oh, okay, well i’m glad you liked it anyway! and thanks for the tip :D ----- [indent]when you love the spring into the summer, the breeze is just a gentle relief, a breather. you don’t have to think about the fact that persephone will return to hades for the winter. when you love the sun, you forget that you are ice, and he will melt you. when you build him a palace, he will take it and leave you nothing behind, a shell of snow filling with water until your eyes burn with drowning. everything is quiet when there is nothing to echo in the concavity of your chest, where the sun used to rise and set.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] hope you like this~ i really like her background! her bio is very mysterious
@Kapara oh, okay, well i’m glad you liked it anyway! and thanks for the tip :D
when you love the spring into the summer,
the breeze is just a gentle relief, a breather.
you don’t have to think about the fact
that persephone will return to hades for
the winter. when you love the sun,
you forget that you are ice, and he will melt you.
when you build him a palace, he
will take it and leave you nothing behind,
a shell of snow filling with water until your eyes
burn with drowning. everything is quiet
when there is nothing to echo
in the concavity of your chest, where
the sun used to rise and set.
hope you like this~
i really like her background! her bio is very mysterious
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@NickyJade156 [indent]i. war knows nothing quite as well as it knows love-- after all, what better to fight for than a heart, beating and bloodied? ii. there is a goodbye on your tongue that never quite gets spoken, the fear of never coming back. iii. do you know where your achilles’ heel is, o ares? your weakness, your loss? who is your strength? iv. silence is not a friend, not to the battlefield. v. maybe you were right to never say goodbye, but were there not other things, better things, left unsaid? you know what you should have told her before you left.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] welcome back to my thread~ (poem #4, i believe, for ya? haha) congrats on the progens! i just got mine back as well :D
@NickyJade156
i. war knows nothing quite
as well as it knows love-- after all,
what better to fight for than a heart,
beating and bloodied?

ii. there is a goodbye on
your tongue that never quite
gets spoken, the fear of never
coming back.

iii. do you know where
your achilles’ heel is, o ares?
your weakness, your loss? who
is your strength?

iv. silence
is not a friend,
not to the battlefield.

v. maybe you were right
to never say goodbye, but
were there not other things, better things,
left unsaid? you know what you
should have told her
before you left.
welcome back to my thread~ (poem #4, i believe, for ya? haha)
congrats on the progens! i just got mine back as well :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
hello! can you write a poem for this derg right here? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31615759] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316158/31615759_350.png[/img] [/url] and here's her bio: [quote name="seafoamtides"]I was a foolish warrior back then. I'm Matsuko. I come from a family of nobles and they treasured me like they would a hoard. I didn't like the life of a princess steeped in gold and jewelry. I flew away as far as I could from the Tangled Wood, my birthplace, unsure of exactly where I was headed. Along the way, I encountered dangers. Enemies. Rogue dragons. I trained myself to defend and fight, and I slowly gained confidence in myself. I was no longer the pampered princess I used to be, and I was glad. Despite all I had been through, I was still the same foolish dragon I was before. I wandered into a hostile clan territory, and was attacked. My fault, my fault, my fault. My face was horribly maimed. A scar that would never fall away, and I fled, letting the wind take me wherever it willed until it dropped me into a Light clan, where I stay to this day. I hid my face wherever I walked until I had found myself enough money to buy a simple birdskull mask to hide it, and it has become part of me. I became a pacifist, a peacekeeper for the clan. I know war, and blood, and fights, and I don't want my fellow dragons to go through it.[/quote]
hello! can you write a poem for this derg right here?

31615759_350.png

and here's her bio:
seafoamtides wrote:
I was a foolish warrior back then.

I'm Matsuko. I come from a family of nobles and they treasured me like they would a hoard.

I didn't like the life of a princess steeped in gold and jewelry. I flew away as far as I could from the Tangled Wood, my birthplace, unsure of exactly where I was headed.

Along the way, I encountered dangers. Enemies. Rogue dragons. I trained myself to defend and fight, and I slowly gained confidence in myself. I was no longer the pampered princess I used to be, and I was glad.

Despite all I had been through, I was still the same foolish dragon I was before. I wandered into a hostile clan territory, and was attacked. My fault, my fault, my fault.

My face was horribly maimed. A scar that would never fall away, and I fled, letting the wind take me wherever it willed until it dropped me into a Light clan, where I stay to this day.

I hid my face wherever I walked until I had found myself enough money to buy a simple birdskull mask to hide it, and it has become part of me.

I became a pacifist, a peacekeeper for the clan. I know war, and blood, and fights, and I don't want my fellow dragons to go through it.
200.gif
@alienjack Sorry for the late response. Beautiful as always! Thank you ^w^
@alienjack Sorry for the late response. Beautiful as always! Thank you ^w^
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
[quote name="@alienjack" date=2017-10-26 15:25:07] @ Kapara oh, okay, well i’m glad you liked it anyway! and thanks for the tip :D ----- [indent]when you love the spring into the summer, the breeze is just a gentle relief, a breather. you don’t have to think about the fact that persephone will return to hades for the winter. when you love the sun, you forget that you are ice, and he will melt you. when you build him a palace, he will take it and leave you nothing behind, a shell of snow filling with water until your eyes burn with drowning. everything is quiet when there is nothing to echo in the concavity of your chest, where the sun used to rise and set.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] hope you like this~ i really like her background! her bio is very mysterious [/quote] 0o0 I love it
@alienjack wrote on 2017-10-26:
@ Kapara oh, okay, well i’m glad you liked it anyway! and thanks for the tip :D
when you love the spring into the summer,
the breeze is just a gentle relief, a breather.
you don’t have to think about the fact
that persephone will return to hades for
the winter. when you love the sun,
you forget that you are ice, and he will melt you.
when you build him a palace, he
will take it and leave you nothing behind,
a shell of snow filling with water until your eyes
burn with drowning. everything is quiet
when there is nothing to echo
in the concavity of your chest, where
the sun used to rise and set.
hope you like this~
i really like her background! her bio is very mysterious

0o0 I love it
dNCLmdm.png