Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28
i'm ignoring the fact that i have a midterm tomorrow lemme write poetry for u
i'm ignoring the fact that i have a midterm tomorrow lemme write poetry for u
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
[size=2]@alienjack hello! i've ordered before and it was such good writingggggg.. so i've come back haha this might be a strange request, but i was wondering if you could write a poem for this girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32865755] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328658/32865755_350.png[/img] [/url] but intertwine it with the poem in this girl's bio [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16107080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/161071/16107080_350.png[/img] [/url] you'll notice that the two dragons have a pt 1 and pt 2 written in their bios.. it's because the idea behind the lore is that they're really close to each other and i want their lore to sort of give that impression of closeness. [s]originally i was gunna make them a couple but idek anymore[/s] feel free to write august's lore either during, before, or after the time of malorn's if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! thank you so much <33
@alienjack

hello! i've ordered before and it was such good writingggggg.. so i've come back haha

this might be a strange request, but i was wondering if you could write a poem for this girl

32865755_350.png

but intertwine it with the poem in this girl's bio

16107080_350.png

you'll notice that the two dragons have a pt 1 and pt 2 written in their bios.. it's because the idea behind the lore is that they're really close to each other and i want their lore to sort of give that impression of closeness. originally i was gunna make them a couple but idek anymore

feel free to write august's lore either during, before, or after the time of malorn's

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! thank you so much <33
XkUAs8g.gifLnC6CMs.gif9nxtKkA.gifX1vyVpt.gif
@squishysoo thanks so much for coming back :D i'm actually about to head to bed rn (it's ~11:30pm here) but i will definitely get to working on this tomorrow morning! that's a really cool lore concept, sounds like a fun challenge!
@squishysoo thanks so much for coming back :D i'm actually about to head to bed rn (it's ~11:30pm here) but i will definitely get to working on this tomorrow morning! that's a really cool lore concept, sounds like a fun challenge!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

omg fast reply

TAKE UR TIME

SLEEP PROPERLY!!!!

lord knows what happened to my sleep schedule

dont be like me it's super unhealthy
@alienjack

omg fast reply

TAKE UR TIME

SLEEP PROPERLY!!!!

lord knows what happened to my sleep schedule

dont be like me it's super unhealthy
@squishysoo I'm sooo sorry that it's been a few days D: i just got home for fall break so i haven't been online basically at all :$ so uhhh here's 2 versions of the poem? ----- [b]version 1 (mirrors Malorn's poem) [/b][center]i’m so wired, decked in roses with dark thorns that press into my side and keep me up wide awake at night-- the only sensation i feel now is falling. the stars are blurring past me as i tumble through the vacuum wishing everything could stop for a moment, waiting for someone to stop me. the only lights i see are blurring-- i can’t stop falling. you’re the center of all my memories, light and airy and sunshiny like copper, the way the sun doesn’t quite burn in june. but then it was july and your brightness scorched me-- ever since then, i’ve been falling. i can see the ground rising up to meet me. i wonder if i sound like icarus, pleading to the powers that be-- i don’t want to die. i want to stop falling. i used to love the breeze but these winds don’t feel like love. why’d you have to leave? why won’t you catch me? can’t you see me falling? all too soon these colors start to fade, so i close my eyes and brace for the impact, the collapse. where’d you go? i want to stop falling. the clouds feel like ices as i cut through them, building acceleration, shards tearing into me. i’m screaming and i can’t see anything anymore, not in the fog. please let me stop falling. where’s my mind? i can’t live in anticipation for the crash, for when you will fix my wax wings and save me. i’m still falling.[/center] ----- [b]version 2 (individual but reflective themes)[/b] [center]here’s the thing. i always thought that we’d been flying high up through the clouds as they freeze our bones and frost our skin. i never realized that you thought we were falling. i never realized that you were looking for a different ending. here’s the thing. when you touch me, i feel like gold, like ichor, on fire, like i am the life of the gods. i guess i never realized that if you were so warm, then i must have been cold. i must have given you frostbite from the freeze. i thought that we were day and night, the sun and the moon. i never realized that those things are almost exclusive. i never realized that you had to leave in order for me to stay. i wish you had stayed. i wish that we could have been an eclipse. i wish that we could have been thermodynamic equilibrium. i wish that we could have been okay-- with ourselves, with each other. i’m sorry i never realized. [/center] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope you like these!!! i loooove their concept (and am totally rooting for them to be girlfriends. but like, once they figure themselves out, bc it seems like they're having some emotional issues?? maybe they just gotta find themselves and also communicate a lot more. idk. i love them.)
@squishysoo I'm sooo sorry that it's been a few days D: i just got home for fall break so i haven't been online basically at all :$ so uhhh here's 2 versions of the poem?
version 1 (mirrors Malorn's poem)
i’m so wired,
decked in roses with dark thorns
that press into my side and keep me
up wide awake at night--
the only sensation i feel now
is falling.

the stars are blurring past me
as i tumble through the vacuum
wishing everything could stop for a moment,
waiting for someone to stop me.
the only lights i see are blurring--
i can’t stop falling.

you’re the center of all my memories,
light and airy and sunshiny like copper,
the way the sun doesn’t quite burn in june.
but then it was july and your brightness scorched me--
ever since then, i’ve been falling.

i can see the ground
rising up to meet me.
i wonder if i sound like icarus,
pleading to the powers that be--
i don’t want to die.
i want to stop falling.

i used to love the breeze
but these winds don’t feel like love.
why’d you have to leave?
why won’t you catch me?
can’t you see me falling?

all too soon these colors start to fade,
so i close my eyes and brace
for the impact, the collapse.
where’d you go?
i want to stop falling.

the clouds feel like ices as i cut
through them, building acceleration, shards
tearing into me. i’m screaming
and i can’t see anything anymore, not in the fog.
please let me stop falling.

where’s my mind?
i can’t live in anticipation
for the crash, for when you
will fix my wax wings
and save me.

i’m still falling.

version 2 (individual but reflective themes)
here’s the thing. i always
thought that we’d been flying
high up through the clouds as they
freeze our bones and frost our skin.
i never realized that you
thought we were falling.
were looking for a different ending.

here’s the thing. when you
touch me, i feel like gold, like ichor,
on fire, like i am the life of the gods.
i guess i never realized that
if you were so warm,
then i must have been cold.
i must have given you
frostbite from the freeze.

i thought that we were
day and night, the sun and
the moon. i never realized that
those things are almost exclusive.
had to leave in order for me
to stay.
i wish you had stayed.

i wish that we could have
been an eclipse.
been thermodynamic
equilibrium.
been okay--
with ourselves,
with each other.

i’m sorry i never realized.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
i hope you like these!!! i loooove their concept (and am totally rooting for them to be girlfriends. but like, once they figure themselves out, bc it seems like they're having some emotional issues?? maybe they just gotta find themselves and also communicate a lot more. idk. i love them.)
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

I LOVE THEM BOTH HOW DO I CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO USEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?

edit: im probably gunna go with the second one but save the first as well bc i love both of them

i dont know if this was intentional (im pretty sure it is) but i just really like how in the first ver that u wrote it rhymes with the first line from malorn's bc "im so tired" and "im so wired" im a sucker for rhyming stuff haha

thank you so much for the lovely compliments ahhhhhhhh i love them toooooo

i started laughing at "and am totally rooting for them to be girlfriends. but like, once they figure themselves out, bc it seems like they're having some emotional issues??" not meanly but bc i found it so funny i dont even know why
@alienjack

I LOVE THEM BOTH HOW DO I CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO USEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?

edit: im probably gunna go with the second one but save the first as well bc i love both of them

i dont know if this was intentional (im pretty sure it is) but i just really like how in the first ver that u wrote it rhymes with the first line from malorn's bc "im so tired" and "im so wired" im a sucker for rhyming stuff haha

thank you so much for the lovely compliments ahhhhhhhh i love them toooooo

i started laughing at "and am totally rooting for them to be girlfriends. but like, once they figure themselves out, bc it seems like they're having some emotional issues??" not meanly but bc i found it so funny i dont even know why
@squishysoo aaaa!!! i'm so glad!!! and yes, the rhyming was intentional, glad you liked it ;)

thanks for thinking i'm funny lol bc i was laughing about that too
@squishysoo aaaa!!! i'm so glad!!! and yes, the rhyming was intentional, glad you liked it ;)

thanks for thinking i'm funny lol bc i was laughing about that too
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Hiya! So I have two dragons poetry would be absolutely lovely to have for them, and as they are a mated pair if there's crossover or reflection of the other that is totally fine with me! I love seeing what people do with the dragons I have! [s]because writer's block is too real and one day I'll write the lore for my lair lmfao[/s] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6262575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62626/6262575_350.png[/img] [/url] Anyway, first up is Aphrodite! She more or less reflects her namesake of the goddess of love, being an avatar of Love itself! She is ironically enough for this a poet herself, and very jovial and almost spirit or fairy like in spreading that feeling of love to others in love and doting on the love of her life! Her favorite things are her lover Venus, poetry of all kinds but especially sonnets, nature itself, and relaxing on warm sunny days. <3 There's a bit of lore for her too on her page as well for more inspiration!
@alienjack

Hiya! So I have two dragons poetry would be absolutely lovely to have for them, and as they are a mated pair if there's crossover or reflection of the other that is totally fine with me! I love seeing what people do with the dragons I have! because writer's block is too real and one day I'll write the lore for my lair *****

6262575_350.png

Anyway, first up is Aphrodite! She more or less reflects her namesake of the goddess of love, being an avatar of Love itself! She is ironically enough for this a poet herself, and very jovial and almost spirit or fairy like in spreading that feeling of love to others in love and doting on the love of her life! Her favorite things are her lover Venus, poetry of all kinds but especially sonnets, nature itself, and relaxing on warm sunny days. <3 There's a bit of lore for her too on her page as well for more inspiration!
QuvsZIR.gifeLnOQha.gifmVtcW7A.png
The other is of course, Aphrodite's lover Venus! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6779833] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/67799/6779833_350.png[/img] [/url] Venus almost hails from the same namesake as Aphrodite, only technically the roman goddess of love, but instead of being love itself she is Desire, Passion in essence. She has a love for jewels and shiny things (and giving those as gifts to her beloved), as well as being the spark to ignite the flame in young lovers and creative people. Her favorite things are her beloved Aphrodite, tasks that are interesting, adventuring, listening to the poems and writings Aphrodite has written, brand new books and stories, and simply the joy of life and having fun. She also has some lore on her bio for any further inspiration if you need! :D
The other is of course, Aphrodite's lover Venus!

6779833_350.png

Venus almost hails from the same namesake as Aphrodite, only technically the roman goddess of love, but instead of being love itself she is Desire, Passion in essence. She has a love for jewels and shiny things (and giving those as gifts to her beloved), as well as being the spark to ignite the flame in young lovers and creative people. Her favorite things are her beloved Aphrodite, tasks that are interesting, adventuring, listening to the poems and writings Aphrodite has written, brand new books and stories, and simply the joy of life and having fun. She also has some lore on her bio for any further inspiration if you need! :D
QuvsZIR.gifeLnOQha.gifmVtcW7A.png
@alienjack hi there! Your poetry is really sweet and I was wondering if you did ocs as well? Just a thought- if you'd like to consider my boy Tage. (It's a website so there's a couple stuff here and there to look through should it interest you, along with a few other poems as well :) Basically he's a smol kid with a muscle problem, and a sleeping problem too because he can go on for days fast asleep in a dreamscape where he turns into a centaur, which in fact is his true nature and his current life is merely a product of rebirth. Feel free to ask if you have any questions owo)
@alienjack hi there! Your poetry is really sweet and I was wondering if you did ocs as well? Just a thought- if you'd like to consider my boy Tage. (It's a website so there's a couple stuff here and there to look through should it interest you, along with a few other poems as well :) Basically he's a smol kid with a muscle problem, and a sleeping problem too because he can go on for days fast asleep in a dreamscape where he turns into a centaur, which in fact is his true nature and his current life is merely a product of rebirth. Feel free to ask if you have any questions owo)
.- -. -.. | - .... .. ... | .- -. -.. | - .... .. ...
( T H I S | A N D | T H I S | A N D | T H I S )
S1RYPFw.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28