Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27 28
[size=2]@alienjack hey! could i request for some poetry for my birthday lady (your poetry's lovely btw) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35543720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/355438/35543720_350.png[/img] [/url] her name's mercy, it hasn't always been mercy - she changed her name after she came to her new clan to represent her new self ; she used to be ill-treated as a hatchling in another clan and often had to fight back, which caused her to grow into a cold and ruthless warrior. she was very skilled, especially in hand-to-hand combat and with her blade that was given to her by sollux, the clan leader. she had ran away from her old clan once she was skilled enough and sollux offered her a place in his clan. he treated mercy like his own daughter and gave her the blade that she's still using now. basically she was abused as a hatchling and she became cold and shut down her feelings to protect herself. after sollux took her in he taught her love and changed her from a ruthless warrior to a still skilled warrior but one that showed mercy and compassion to her foes. however, no one in her clan knows about her past except for sollux and she was always soft-spoken, giving her a mysterious aura about her. she doesn't speak much too, but when she does everyone crowds around her to listen. if you need more details/information do let me know :) thank you!
@alienjack
hey! could i request for some poetry for my birthday lady (your poetry's lovely btw)

35543720_350.png

her name's mercy, it hasn't always been mercy - she changed her name after she came to her new clan to represent her new self ; she used to be ill-treated as a hatchling in another clan and often had to fight back, which caused her to grow into a cold and ruthless warrior. she was very skilled, especially in hand-to-hand combat and with her blade that was given to her by sollux, the clan leader. she had ran away from her old clan once she was skilled enough and sollux offered her a place in his clan. he treated mercy like his own daughter and gave her the blade that she's still using now.

basically she was abused as a hatchling and she became cold and shut down her feelings to protect herself. after sollux took her in he taught her love and changed her from a ruthless warrior to a still skilled warrior but one that showed mercy and compassion to her foes. however, no one in her clan knows about her past except for sollux and she was always soft-spoken, giving her a mysterious aura about her. she doesn't speak much too, but when she does everyone crowds around her to listen.

if you need more details/information do let me know :) thank you!
yv0mNts.png
@NickyJade156 [indent]waves catch starlight like glitter swirling in a crystal ball spilled over stacks of tarot cards: constellations of sea foam bubble up across the navy sky. stars are best seen in someone else’s eyes; the future is seen in hand lines and freckles and telescopes searching far past the moon into a new ocean, the waters in the sky filled with words and signs and whispers. we set sail from mountaintops until we can no longer see the shore, the anchor that once tied us down. the future is in the stars that live in tsunamis.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope this is okay! thanks for coming back :D it was interesting trying to write something for a whole clan, since there isn’t as much info that can be provided with a single dragon... if you ever write Clan Lore, i'd be happy to write a new bio piece for ya, if this one stops fitting your tastes!
@NickyJade156
waves catch starlight like glitter
swirling in a crystal ball spilled over stacks of
tarot cards: constellations of
sea foam bubble up across the navy sky.
stars are best seen in someone else’s eyes;
the future is seen in hand lines
and freckles and telescopes
searching far past the moon into a new
ocean, the waters in the sky
filled with words and signs and whispers.
we set sail from mountaintops
until we can no longer see the shore, the anchor
that once tied us down.
the future is in the stars that live in tsunamis.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
i hope this is okay! thanks for coming back :D
it was interesting trying to write something for a whole clan, since there isn’t as much info that can be provided with a single dragon... if you ever write Clan Lore, i'd be happy to write a new bio piece for ya, if this one stops fitting your tastes!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@alienjack Holy moly! I'll definitely let u know if I have any other requests! ;)

You are a professional at these poems, keep it up <3
@alienjack Holy moly! I'll definitely let u know if I have any other requests! ;)

You are a professional at these poems, keep it up <3
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
@NickyJade156 thank you so much!
@NickyJade156 thank you so much!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@kingdoms [indent]i. everything is cold you’re freezing there is nothing inside of you but winter winds, ice, snow, thunder without lightning-- ii. sometimes the seasons change slower than people do, winter drizzling into spring rain. you have some re- growing to do. iii. there’s something bright about gold that radiates warmth in the summer sun, that draws out laughter and sweat as metal clangs from sword practice. it’s freeing. iv. and then the sun seems to die a little bit, but the fires left behind are in the hearth, radiating warmth. autumn comes to tell stories of summer and make the leap into winter less harrowing. v. it’s snowing, but the storm is raging outside of your own bones. finally.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] wow, a g1 skydancer! she’s very beautiful! i hope you like the poem!
@kingdoms
i.
everything is cold you’re freezing there is
nothing inside of you but winter winds,
ice, snow, thunder without lightning--

ii.
sometimes the seasons change slower
than people do, winter drizzling into
spring rain. you have some re-
growing to do.

iii.
there’s something bright about gold that
radiates warmth in the summer sun,
that draws out laughter and sweat
as metal clangs from sword
practice. it’s freeing.

iv.
and then the sun seems to die a little bit,
but the fires left behind are in the hearth,
radiating warmth. autumn comes to
tell stories of summer and make
the leap into winter less
harrowing.

v.
it’s snowing,
but the storm
is raging outside
of your own bones.
finally.
wow, a g1 skydancer! she’s very beautiful! i hope you like the poem!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

Hey there! if you need some inspiration, here you go! It's my name, I've always found it interesting :3

-name - Maia
-what it means - A titan's daughter, and mother of Hermes, Maia is supposed to mean strength and beauty. Also one of the stars in the Taurus constellation! And apparently an early access game on steam?! That's news to me tbh

wait is it a middle earth race too?

...hell yes it is

-some of your favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc. - I love space and the color purple, and I volunteer at an animal sanctuary weekly :3
@alienjack

Hey there! if you need some inspiration, here you go! It's my name, I've always found it interesting :3

-name - Maia
-what it means - A titan's daughter, and mother of Hermes, Maia is supposed to mean strength and beauty. Also one of the stars in the Taurus constellation! And apparently an early access game on steam?! That's news to me tbh

wait is it a middle earth race too?

...hell yes it is

-some of your favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc. - I love space and the color purple, and I volunteer at an animal sanctuary weekly :3
dhexHUp.gif
mX6TeTF.png

Starry fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png She/Her fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png Ace

8YmGCOD.png
3TXtMcG.gif
@alienjack
i love the poem! :D thank you <3
@alienjack
i love the poem! :D thank you <3
yv0mNts.png
@Starry413 [indent]when your father drew the weight of the world on his shoulders, did you feel his strength in your own bones? when callisto was set to the stars, did you take her cub out of obligation or motherly love? when you were set into the bull’s horns, high in the heavens, did you give its bearers their desire for home? when you drift through elves and men, unseen, able to take form but always just out of reach, do you despair over never being able to touch? maybe it’s your father’s genetics of bad luck: your hands are too full of other people’s burdens to ever pick daisies and dandelions from the side of the road.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thanks for the inspo!! i hope you like it c: it was really fun doing a name!
@Starry413
when your father drew the weight
of the world on his shoulders, did you
feel his strength in your own bones?
when callisto was set to the stars,
did you take her cub out of obligation
or motherly love? when you were
set into the bull’s horns, high in the
heavens, did you give its bearers
their desire for home? when you drift
through elves and men, unseen,
able to take form but always just out
of reach, do you despair over
never being able to touch? maybe
it’s your father’s genetics of bad luck:
your hands are too full of other
people’s burdens to ever pick daisies
and dandelions from the side of
the road.
thanks for the inspo!! i hope you like it c: it was really fun doing a name!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack that's amazing! I love your writing style soooooo much I can't put it into words, absolutely beautiful!
@alienjack that's amazing! I love your writing style soooooo much I can't put it into words, absolutely beautiful!
dhexHUp.gif
mX6TeTF.png

Starry fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png She/Her fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png Ace

8YmGCOD.png
3TXtMcG.gif
@Starry413 aww, thank you so so much! i really appreciate it!
@Starry413 aww, thank you so so much! i really appreciate it!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27 28