Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Share Your FR Headcanons!
1 2 3
Hello everyone! Making your own headcanons about the Flight Rising world is a fun way to develop your dragons' stories and to develop your love for your clan (or even dislike for other clans)!

Comment any and all of your personal headcanons below! I will be keeping track of people's ideas- if enough are collected, I will organize them!

Remember to specify who/what specifically you are making your headcanon about!

Examples:
"I headcanon that The Gladekeeper has an entire forest ecosystem on her back."
"My headcanon is that Skydancers can sense the life forming in an incubating egg."
"I think that Scribbles isn't actually a purebred Fae dragon"

Thank you all and happy headcanoning!
Hello everyone! Making your own headcanons about the Flight Rising world is a fun way to develop your dragons' stories and to develop your love for your clan (or even dislike for other clans)!

Comment any and all of your personal headcanons below! I will be keeping track of people's ideas- if enough are collected, I will organize them!

Remember to specify who/what specifically you are making your headcanon about!

Examples:
"I headcanon that The Gladekeeper has an entire forest ecosystem on her back."
"My headcanon is that Skydancers can sense the life forming in an incubating egg."
"I think that Scribbles isn't actually a purebred Fae dragon"

Thank you all and happy headcanoning!
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
FFweN5e.pnglP3A8fq.pngWHKF1eI.pngVDEbdRX.pngRytvwI2.pngTNk7xoI.png
I'll start everything off with my personal headcanons!
  • Skydancers incubate their eggs in their body for a short time, then lay them a few days before they hatch. With their powers, they can sense the hatchling's soul in the egg even before it hatches. This is why they are (canonly) always such devoted parents.
  • A female Fae often pairs with more than one male and lays a very large clutch containing eggs from all fathers. None of the parents know "who the father is" of each egg so there is usually no favoritism. The female lays many eggs, sometimes even more than one per day, so in that time she relies on her mates to bring her food.
  • The tips of Fae's wings can heat up (and maybe even glow) in order to cover and incubate all of the eggs in their large clutches.
  • Some Pearlcatchers grow less attached to their pearl, but they are outcasted by the rest of their species (Pearlcatchers canonly view themselves as the superior species and carry their pearl everywhere).
  • Nature dragons "pray" to Gladekeeper by thinking or speaking their hopes and troubles to her while taking care of plants. They believe that supporting life pleases and strengthens the Gladekeeper, so she will hear their prayers.
  • Light dragons feel most comfortable and secure when they are in open areas with no large objects to cast shadows, making them completely surrounded in light.
I'll start everything off with my personal headcanons!
  • Skydancers incubate their eggs in their body for a short time, then lay them a few days before they hatch. With their powers, they can sense the hatchling's soul in the egg even before it hatches. This is why they are (canonly) always such devoted parents.
  • A female Fae often pairs with more than one male and lays a very large clutch containing eggs from all fathers. None of the parents know "who the father is" of each egg so there is usually no favoritism. The female lays many eggs, sometimes even more than one per day, so in that time she relies on her mates to bring her food.
  • The tips of Fae's wings can heat up (and maybe even glow) in order to cover and incubate all of the eggs in their large clutches.
  • Some Pearlcatchers grow less attached to their pearl, but they are outcasted by the rest of their species (Pearlcatchers canonly view themselves as the superior species and carry their pearl everywhere).
  • Nature dragons "pray" to Gladekeeper by thinking or speaking their hopes and troubles to her while taking care of plants. They believe that supporting life pleases and strengthens the Gladekeeper, so she will hear their prayers.
  • Light dragons feel most comfortable and secure when they are in open areas with no large objects to cast shadows, making them completely surrounded in light.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
Hey guys, please comment with your FR headcanons- it can be about anything! Please, I love them and I love you.
Hey guys, please comment with your FR headcanons- it can be about anything! Please, I love them and I love you.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
Spirals are the annoying friend you can't live without. Sure, they wrap themselves around your neck like a scarf and never stop talking, but who else will bring you coffee at 3AM?

Venues are not any one area, but many tiny biomes, pockets of elemental energy.

That's all I can think of at the moment, oops.
Spirals are the annoying friend you can't live without. Sure, they wrap themselves around your neck like a scarf and never stop talking, but who else will bring you coffee at 3AM?

Venues are not any one area, but many tiny biomes, pockets of elemental energy.

That's all I can think of at the moment, oops.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Sornieth is HUGE! Logistically, if so many clans are present on the continent, some of them housing 20-30 meter imperials, then it has to be big!

Arcane dragons are usually so busy paying attention to the stars or some other new interesting thing that they can go for days without realizing they haven't slept, eaten, or drank anything.

Dragons who were hatched or live in the Starfall Isles for a long time are more prone to mental diseases (most commonly dementia/insanity) due to the powerful, unstable magics present there.
Sornieth is HUGE! Logistically, if so many clans are present on the continent, some of them housing 20-30 meter imperials, then it has to be big!

Arcane dragons are usually so busy paying attention to the stars or some other new interesting thing that they can go for days without realizing they haven't slept, eaten, or drank anything.

Dragons who were hatched or live in the Starfall Isles for a long time are more prone to mental diseases (most commonly dementia/insanity) due to the powerful, unstable magics present there.
Rp0KRIc.jpeg
The beast clans you fight in the coliseum are actually of two different parties: One set of beast clans are actively fighting dragon kind and trying to drive them away. The other party is just trying to survive and not cause trouble. It is the beast clans from this second group that become familiars to your clan!
The beast clans you fight in the coliseum are actually of two different parties: One set of beast clans are actively fighting dragon kind and trying to drive them away. The other party is just trying to survive and not cause trouble. It is the beast clans from this second group that become familiars to your clan!
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
irregular_nekomata.png
@librariesrpunk
What a fantastic concept! Like some beastclans have formed groups and are actively trying to fight dragonkind, while some critters are simply defending their territory that is being attacked by dragons.
@librariesrpunk
What a fantastic concept! Like some beastclans have formed groups and are actively trying to fight dragonkind, while some critters are simply defending their territory that is being attacked by dragons.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
@Juliet42

I was drawing some of the new familiars from Blooming Grove when I thought of it! Like, it makes no sense that a group of critters fighting you would suddenly want to be your friend?

Anyway, yeah I also really like to imagine the Serthis Potionmaster and Alchemist being Baldwin's helpers. (Also the Serthis Alchemist is my alchemist dragon's familiar.)
@Juliet42

I was drawing some of the new familiars from Blooming Grove when I thought of it! Like, it makes no sense that a group of critters fighting you would suddenly want to be your friend?

Anyway, yeah I also really like to imagine the Serthis Potionmaster and Alchemist being Baldwin's helpers. (Also the Serthis Alchemist is my alchemist dragon's familiar.)
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
irregular_nekomata.png
Does aren't actually monotone, it's due to their size! The smaller you are compared to the breed the lively-er it sounds!

Shade
If shade touched dragon are a thing this is what happens
There eyes will go pitch black signifying that it is now shade touched and not part of any flight. The dragons body will look like it has an obsidian stained look on top of its current genes (including tert) the wings and tail will look wispy-er like it's a shadow? I suppose the shade can talk from any shade dragon like how jombies worked in "kung if panda 3".

Collecting treasure from familiars is like them paying rent

Coatl have fangs like snakes and several rows of teeth like sharks do,
Does aren't actually monotone, it's due to their size! The smaller you are compared to the breed the lively-er it sounds!

Shade
If shade touched dragon are a thing this is what happens
There eyes will go pitch black signifying that it is now shade touched and not part of any flight. The dragons body will look like it has an obsidian stained look on top of its current genes (including tert) the wings and tail will look wispy-er like it's a shadow? I suppose the shade can talk from any shade dragon like how jombies worked in "kung if panda 3".

Collecting treasure from familiars is like them paying rent

Coatl have fangs like snakes and several rows of teeth like sharks do,
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
DID SOMEONE SAY WORLDBUILDING HEADCANONS!?!? [quote name="Vulcanatus" date=2017-09-07 15:07:25] I really like worldbuilding so here take a lot of mindless rambling and brainstorming, most of which was thought up on the spot. The Glowshrooms in the Tangled Wood, while can be poisonous if consumed, are perfectly safe to pick up and carry around. Some dragons (Mostly foreigners) like to collect them, while natives will use them to light up areas that are a bit too dull for them to see naturally. Glowshrooms will continue glowing for several hours after being removed from the ground, but if exposed to proper sunlight will glow even brighter for days, weeks, or even months on end. Dragons with CryFace, MetAl, and Opal (And too a lesser extent, IriShim and Glimmer) will produce incredible glare when exposed to direct light. While CryFace and Opal dragons are duller and often dapple the ground/walls with beautiful patterns, MetAl dragons can blind others with how reflective their scales are. Dragons with Glimmer and IriShim have a duller shine to them and are generally bearable to look at. The Scales gene makes Tundras go bald in the places that the scales grow. If they change their tert gene, the fur doesn't usually grow back beyond a slight fuzz. Likewise, dragons with the Jag/Rose genes grow a thin, mostly invisible lair of fur over their scales. Feathered dragons like Coatls and Wildclaws instead have ridiculously soft feathers. Applying the gene later in life doesn't add the effect, and dragons who remove the gene still have the fur. While Skydancers can sense emotions of almost any dragon, some Skydancers are born completely without the ability (Normally Skydancers with mixed parents). However, null Skydancers still have their gems and it's very rare to not have one. Skydancers without gems are often shunned by society. Null Skydancers (Provided they have a gem) can, however learn to sense the emotions of dragons they form close emotional bonds with (Usually partners, but also extremely close friends). Likewise, regular Skydancers have a knack for reading their friends/partners better than strangers, both physically and emotionally. Female Wildclaws, along with normally being larger than Males, are normally stronger too. Most Wildclaw communities are matriarchal, and females will hold almost all positions of power in a clan. Dragons cannot naturally be born with two elements or change their eye colors after birth naturally. However, there are times when eye color changes can be forced; normally there is some kind of supernatural force at play when this happens and you should be wary if your friends' eye color changes. Coatls and Wildclaws both have visible fangs (They actually do on their art). Most have an exaggerated overbite, hence why the fangs stick out slightly. Some Coatls/Wildclaws are born with more naturally set teeth that their lips fall over properly, and some are self-conscious and try to hide them, even though it's natural. While most Coatls can't understand other dragons well and vice-versa, many Coatls in mixed-species lairs take to learning common Draconic to communicate more easily. Coatls that were raised in mixed-species lairs often don't understand their home tongue as it isn't commonly taught. Likewise, sometimes Faes learn to express emotion verbally when living in mixed-species communities. Faes born into such communities often learn to express emotions from very young ages and can be scared by Faes who speak in flat tones. As well, despite the fact that Coatls often don't understand Fae speech because of their flat voices, they can hold entire nonverbal conversations solely through the use of their crests and body language. Coatls and Faes more studious can also learn sign language to communicate that way. [/quote] Those are some I've written up before, but here's more! The Foxfire Bramble is a giant bramble forest that's almost impossible to navigate. The massive thorny vines are more like gigantic, spiraling trees covered in spikes. They're flame retardant, hence why they've never burned down. It's unknown how long the brambles can live, but dragons have managed to cut off small pieces and grow their own without trouble. However, the brambles are likely to wilt under intense sunlight. Young Pearlcatchers are able to re-swallow their pearls to keep them safe. As adults, their pearls start getting too big to swallow and are instead kept in thick bags to carry them. Sometimes they don't even bother with the bags, and use their tails instead. Their tails are very muscular, and are able to easily wrap around their pearls and carry them. Spirals, with their boundless energy, can make incredible assassins. It's actually surprisingly easy to put a spiral on a violent streak from a young age. They have a habit of not understanding sympathy and empathy unless explicitly taught. They also take incredibly pride and joy in whatever their profession may be. They often have very single-track minds and it can be hard to change their ways. Imperials grow up incredibly fast. It was a failsafe to allow Imperials to breed and keep repopulating quickly implemented by the Lightweaver, as she only created a finite amount of them. As such, Imperial numbers can boom very quickly when allowed to breed freely. The Dragon Auction House is very real. It's not strictly looked down upon, and most dragons for sale were put up there by themselves. The money made by selling themselves is sent back to their old clan before they move into their new homes. Dragons who put others up for sale, however, are almost always given dirty looks. However, it's an easy way to get rid of unwanted hatchlings and they really don't care what others think. Likewise, dragons can be forced into sales against their will. This is considered a serious crime and the perpetrators almost always end up killed. Exalting works in three different ways. 1. Dragons are given a formal farewell as they are taken away by mysterious hooded figures. The figures will always pay a sum of treasure, then take the dragon away to the deities. What happens to the dragons after delivery is a mystery. 2. Dragons are exiled. This is a way of punishment for those who commit crimes against their clan. They are taken to the middle of nowhere and set loose. Most dragons who are exiled end up dying in the wilderness. 3. Dragons are sacrificed to the deities. Some clans try to gain favor with their deity by sacrificing the lives of other flight's dragons. This is generally looked down on by society, and the deities' standing on the matter is unknown.
DID SOMEONE SAY WORLDBUILDING HEADCANONS!?!?
Vulcanatus wrote on 2017-09-07:
I really like worldbuilding so here take a lot of mindless rambling and brainstorming, most of which was thought up on the spot.

The Glowshrooms in the Tangled Wood, while can be poisonous if consumed, are perfectly safe to pick up and carry around. Some dragons (Mostly foreigners) like to collect them, while natives will use them to light up areas that are a bit too dull for them to see naturally. Glowshrooms will continue glowing for several hours after being removed from the ground, but if exposed to proper sunlight will glow even brighter for days, weeks, or even months on end.

Dragons with CryFace, MetAl, and Opal (And too a lesser extent, IriShim and Glimmer) will produce incredible glare when exposed to direct light. While CryFace and Opal dragons are duller and often dapple the ground/walls with beautiful patterns, MetAl dragons can blind others with how reflective their scales are. Dragons with Glimmer and IriShim have a duller shine to them and are generally bearable to look at.

The Scales gene makes Tundras go bald in the places that the scales grow. If they change their tert gene, the fur doesn't usually grow back beyond a slight fuzz.
Likewise, dragons with the Jag/Rose genes grow a thin, mostly invisible lair of fur over their scales. Feathered dragons like Coatls and Wildclaws instead have ridiculously soft feathers. Applying the gene later in life doesn't add the effect, and dragons who remove the gene still have the fur.

While Skydancers can sense emotions of almost any dragon, some Skydancers are born completely without the ability (Normally Skydancers with mixed parents). However, null Skydancers still have their gems and it's very rare to not have one. Skydancers without gems are often shunned by society.
Null Skydancers (Provided they have a gem) can, however learn to sense the emotions of dragons they form close emotional bonds with (Usually partners, but also extremely close friends). Likewise, regular Skydancers have a knack for reading their friends/partners better than strangers, both physically and emotionally.

Female Wildclaws, along with normally being larger than Males, are normally stronger too. Most Wildclaw communities are matriarchal, and females will hold almost all positions of power in a clan.

Dragons cannot naturally be born with two elements or change their eye colors after birth naturally. However, there are times when eye color changes can be forced; normally there is some kind of supernatural force at play when this happens and you should be wary if your friends' eye color changes.

Coatls and Wildclaws both have visible fangs (They actually do on their art). Most have an exaggerated overbite, hence why the fangs stick out slightly. Some Coatls/Wildclaws are born with more naturally set teeth that their lips fall over properly, and some are self-conscious and try to hide them, even though it's natural.

While most Coatls can't understand other dragons well and vice-versa, many Coatls in mixed-species lairs take to learning common Draconic to communicate more easily. Coatls that were raised in mixed-species lairs often don't understand their home tongue as it isn't commonly taught.
Likewise, sometimes Faes learn to express emotion verbally when living in mixed-species communities. Faes born into such communities often learn to express emotions from very young ages and can be scared by Faes who speak in flat tones.
As well, despite the fact that Coatls often don't understand Fae speech because of their flat voices, they can hold entire nonverbal conversations solely through the use of their crests and body language. Coatls and Faes more studious can also learn sign language to communicate that way.

Those are some I've written up before, but here's more!

The Foxfire Bramble is a giant bramble forest that's almost impossible to navigate. The massive thorny vines are more like gigantic, spiraling trees covered in spikes. They're flame retardant, hence why they've never burned down. It's unknown how long the brambles can live, but dragons have managed to cut off small pieces and grow their own without trouble. However, the brambles are likely to wilt under intense sunlight.

Young Pearlcatchers are able to re-swallow their pearls to keep them safe. As adults, their pearls start getting too big to swallow and are instead kept in thick bags to carry them. Sometimes they don't even bother with the bags, and use their tails instead. Their tails are very muscular, and are able to easily wrap around their pearls and carry them.

Spirals, with their boundless energy, can make incredible assassins. It's actually surprisingly easy to put a spiral on a violent streak from a young age. They have a habit of not understanding sympathy and empathy unless explicitly taught. They also take incredibly pride and joy in whatever their profession may be. They often have very single-track minds and it can be hard to change their ways.

Imperials grow up incredibly fast. It was a failsafe to allow Imperials to breed and keep repopulating quickly implemented by the Lightweaver, as she only created a finite amount of them. As such, Imperial numbers can boom very quickly when allowed to breed freely.

The Dragon Auction House is very real. It's not strictly looked down upon, and most dragons for sale were put up there by themselves. The money made by selling themselves is sent back to their old clan before they move into their new homes.
Dragons who put others up for sale, however, are almost always given dirty looks. However, it's an easy way to get rid of unwanted hatchlings and they really don't care what others think.
Likewise, dragons can be forced into sales against their will. This is considered a serious crime and the perpetrators almost always end up killed.

Exalting works in three different ways.
1. Dragons are given a formal farewell as they are taken away by mysterious hooded figures. The figures will always pay a sum of treasure, then take the dragon away to the deities. What happens to the dragons after delivery is a mystery.
2. Dragons are exiled. This is a way of punishment for those who commit crimes against their clan. They are taken to the middle of nowhere and set loose. Most dragons who are exiled end up dying in the wilderness.
3. Dragons are sacrificed to the deities. Some clans try to gain favor with their deity by sacrificing the lives of other flight's dragons. This is generally looked down on by society, and the deities' standing on the matter is unknown.
wORSkxL.png
1 2 3