Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Maidens of Miresa
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[center][font=cambria][img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8qY36RG/Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png[/img] [size=5]Prologue: Welcome to Miresa[/size][/font] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4]The day you were summoned, I knew that Miresa’s time of peace was limited. It was only a matter of time. I know that as time passed, I had grown optimistic that maybe – just maybe – what I’d feared would never return. But as the cherry blossoms bloomed in rapid pace throughout Miresa, just as the old magic commands, there you laid at the base of the Altar. A warning has been given to me. But also, a trump card. Miresa is changing, and you’re the bud that starts the bloom. I hope that by writing this, someday you will look back and acknowledge my efforts. In the end, you may despise me. You may want to burn this journal, hoping that nobody else shall read its entries. You may despair or question over the secrets I’ve now buried into this book for only you to read. Even knowing this, I still have hope that you will see through my mistakes and hardships, and someday, my burdens will be remembered and you shall carry on my legacy. The secrets I hold with Miresa are my own for now, but when I am no more, those secrets will become yours. What you choose to do after finishing my journal is up to you – as matriarch of Miresa, I am sure that you, my heir, will only further cherish Miresa, just as I did since the day Miresa was born. - Year 860, Month of the Arcanist[/font] [font=cambria][size=4]_____________________________________ Thanks for reading! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/9#post_41104941][color=#00b3cf]Next Chapter[/color][/url] @Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou
Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png

Prologue: Welcome to Miresa

The day you were summoned, I knew that Miresa’s time of peace was limited. It was only a matter of time. I know that as time passed, I had grown optimistic that maybe – just maybe – what I’d feared would never return. But as the cherry blossoms bloomed in rapid pace throughout Miresa, just as the old magic commands, there you laid at the base of the Altar. A warning has been given to me. But also, a trump card. Miresa is changing, and you’re the bud that starts the bloom.

I hope that by writing this, someday you will look back and acknowledge my efforts. In the end, you may despise me. You may want to burn this journal, hoping that nobody else shall read its entries. You may despair or question over the secrets I’ve now buried into this book for only you to read.

Even knowing this, I still have hope that you will see through my mistakes and hardships, and someday, my burdens will be remembered and you shall carry on my legacy. The secrets I hold with Miresa are my own for now, but when I am no more, those secrets will become yours. What you choose to do after finishing my journal is up to you – as matriarch of Miresa, I am sure that you, my heir, will only further cherish Miresa, just as I did since the day Miresa was born.

- Year 860, Month of the Arcanist

Thanks for reading!

Next Chapter

@Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
Yes, I did delete the previous entry for chapter one. However, almost immediately after submitting it I felt really stumped on where to go from there. I've been quiet for a while, working out some things behind the scenes and I hope that you all will enjoy this new installment as much as I do - buckle up, things are about to get good.
Yes, I did delete the previous entry for chapter one. However, almost immediately after submitting it I felt really stumped on where to go from there. I've been quiet for a while, working out some things behind the scenes and I hope that you all will enjoy this new installment as much as I do - buckle up, things are about to get good.
I’m so excited! Your writing is so good, and this whole passage is filled with mystery :) can't wait to read the rest!
I’m so excited! Your writing is so good, and this whole passage is filled with mystery :) can't wait to read the rest!
arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
@Avani

You had me at entirely homosexual. I want in on the pinglist please!
@Avani

You had me at entirely homosexual. I want in on the pinglist please!
egg_wind_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da9ojh4.gif

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
@SSSalutis

a whole island filled with thousands of homosexual/polyamorous girls is what everyone needs in their life

(you've been added!)
@SSSalutis

a whole island filled with thousands of homosexual/polyamorous girls is what everyone needs in their life

(you've been added!)
Help Decide Miresa's Fate
sort of... not really

Vote for Miresa's Perspective
Poll has ended, thank you to everyone who voted!

One of the things I've struggled with is deciding on a perspective for Miresa's official story. I've thought about both options a lot, but now it's time for you guys to decide! Choosing the perspective will not change Miresa's fate as a whole - just your perspective as the reader.

@Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis
Help Decide Miresa's Fate
sort of... not really

Vote for Miresa's Perspective
Poll has ended, thank you to everyone who voted!

One of the things I've struggled with is deciding on a perspective for Miresa's official story. I've thought about both options a lot, but now it's time for you guys to decide! Choosing the perspective will not change Miresa's fate as a whole - just your perspective as the reader.

@Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis
[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8qY36RG/Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=5]Chapter I: The Beginning[/size][/font] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4]I’ve managed to scatter the runes all around the area that the Altar rests. This took a few months of hard work strengthening my magic to the island repeatedly. It was an exhausting task, but I hope that when these runes are disturbed, it will give us more time to prepare. I don’t know how long I can manage this, but I have to try my hardest. When I finished the seal, I didn’t realize the consequences that would arise from it. Now, this island is bearing new life in the form of young females. I’m not sure what this means for me yet, but now, it isn’t just me anymore. I have to protect this place, no matter the cost. It can’t come back. Not now. - Year 2, Month of the Gladekeeper[/font] _____________________________________ [font=cambria][size=5]Year 865, Month of the Windsinger[/size] [size=4]“It’s been practically five years since we were all summoned, doesn’t time fly by?” Angel said excitedly. The trio of girls walked down Valor’s main street, checking out all of the shops that were run by all of the other maidens on Miresa. Some showcased fresh pastries and drinks, while others had custom dyes, intricate blown glass sculptures and hand-crafted flower accessories. Valor had become the main hub of Miresa, boasting the majority of the island’s entire population. Just over 4,500 maidens reside here, which also makes Valor a much more stable place to live in and call home compared to the smaller areas a little farther away. Iri nodded in agreement. Five years. Angel was right, time had really flown by. Raven said nothing, but her face was relaxed as she continued scanning the shops as the girls walked by them. Raven wasn’t a huge talker, but Iri still enjoyed her company and Angel seemed to have a special bond with her. It was normal for maidens summoned around the same time to seek each other out and become close to one another – because of this, Miresa’s bonds are quite tight, which helps keep the peace and Miresa functioning properly. As the girls approached the large open plaza that greeted the Ethereal Palace, the girls stopped to admire it. This was where the matriarch of Miresa, Eurielle, has resided for over eight-hundred years. It was an immaculate, modest temple that bridged itself from the plaza’s cliffside to a rock formation that stuck out from above the ocean. On that rock formation sat the temple, with a powerful aura radiating from it. “What do you think Eurielle does all day in there?” Iri questioned aloud. She immediately bit her tongue, and winced as Angel’s face perked up into a smug smile. “Ooh, is someone interested in the beautiful Queen Eurielle?” She teased. Iri looked down, her face piping hot. “Angel, you talk about Eurielle all the time,” Raven said with a straight face. Angel immediately turned red and pouted at Raven, who did nothing. Iri started to laugh, which made Angel start to laugh, too. Raven let a small smile out as she watched the two. As the girls stood in the middle of the plaza laughing with themselves, surrounded by other maidens walking past them, they felt a snap of energy shock them upright. The girls all jolted up and turned to face the same direction, and their eyes were met with buzzing blue eyes, sparking with power. Iri blinked. Swallowed. “I’m curious to know what you say about me,” Eurielle said, a small smile on her face. Her eyes were sharp but gentle as she looked down at the group of girls. The three of them looked at Eurielle silently, all in a little bit of shock. Not once in the five years living in Valor did any of them meet the matriarch. The only times they saw Eurielle were during the Ceremony of the Winds, and they never spoke to her. Even then, the girls couldn’t even hear Eurielle speak to the High Council members that were with her those times. She really was a total mystery to most maidens on Miresa. Raven spun around without saying a word and started to walk away from the two girls and Eurielle. Angel frantically waved her hands, “Wait, wait, wait, wait!” Angel grabbed Raven’s hood and forcefully pulled her back. Iri all the while was staring at Eurielle. Seeing her up close, personally, was much different than Iri had expected. From a distance, Eurielle seemed untouchable – somebody a nobody like her would ever reach. But this close, Iri saw the sadness seeping from her matriarch. Iri felt a sharp pang in her heart as she saw through Eurielle’s guise. Eurielle noticed Iri’s stare, and the two met eyes. She reached out her hand to Iri, who looked down at it and back up. “Tea?” Eurielle said, glancing to the other two girls. Angel and Raven both perked up in excitement and immediately nodded. Eurielle turned to look back at Iri, her hand still outstretched. Iri hesitated, but then slowly took hold of Eurielle’s hand. It was soft, gentle, but firm. The hands of somebody strong, in more than one aspect. Eurielle turned toward the Ethereal Palace, Iri’s hand firmly in hers, and the pair leaded the way with Angel and Raven in tow behind. Lots of the maidens had stopped and watched the group, admiring silently, just as the trio had done many times before to their matriarch. This isn’t how Iri expected her day to go, but she can’t necessarily complain. _____________________________________ Thanks for reading! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/9#post_41022010][color=#00b3cf]Previous Chapter[/color][/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/10#post_42121299][color=#00b3cf]Next Chapter[/color][/url] @Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis
Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png

Chapter I: The Beginning

I’ve managed to scatter the runes all around the area that the Altar rests. This took a few months of hard work strengthening my magic to the island repeatedly. It was an exhausting task, but I hope that when these runes are disturbed, it will give us more time to prepare.

I don’t know how long I can manage this, but I have to try my hardest. When I finished the seal, I didn’t realize the consequences that would arise from it. Now, this island is bearing new life in the form of young females. I’m not sure what this means for me yet, but now, it isn’t just me anymore. I have to protect this place, no matter the cost. It can’t come back. Not now.

- Year 2, Month of the Gladekeeper

Year 865, Month of the Windsinger

“It’s been practically five years since we were all summoned, doesn’t time fly by?” Angel said excitedly. The trio of girls walked down Valor’s main street, checking out all of the shops that were run by all of the other maidens on Miresa. Some showcased fresh pastries and drinks, while others had custom dyes, intricate blown glass sculptures and hand-crafted flower accessories.

Valor had become the main hub of Miresa, boasting the majority of the island’s entire population. Just over 4,500 maidens reside here, which also makes Valor a much more stable place to live in and call home compared to the smaller areas a little farther away.

Iri nodded in agreement. Five years. Angel was right, time had really flown by. Raven said nothing, but her face was relaxed as she continued scanning the shops as the girls walked by them. Raven wasn’t a huge talker, but Iri still enjoyed her company and Angel seemed to have a special bond with her. It was normal for maidens summoned around the same time to seek each other out and become close to one another – because of this, Miresa’s bonds are quite tight, which helps keep the peace and Miresa functioning properly.

As the girls approached the large open plaza that greeted the Ethereal Palace, the girls stopped to admire it. This was where the matriarch of Miresa, Eurielle, has resided for over eight-hundred years. It was an immaculate, modest temple that bridged itself from the plaza’s cliffside to a rock formation that stuck out from above the ocean. On that rock formation sat the temple, with a powerful aura radiating from it.

“What do you think Eurielle does all day in there?” Iri questioned aloud. She immediately bit her tongue, and winced as Angel’s face perked up into a smug smile. “Ooh, is someone interested in the beautiful Queen Eurielle?” She teased. Iri looked down, her face piping hot.

“Angel, you talk about Eurielle all the time,” Raven said with a straight face.

Angel immediately turned red and pouted at Raven, who did nothing. Iri started to laugh, which made Angel start to laugh, too. Raven let a small smile out as she watched the two. As the girls stood in the middle of the plaza laughing with themselves, surrounded by other maidens walking past them, they felt a snap of energy shock them upright.

The girls all jolted up and turned to face the same direction, and their eyes were met with buzzing blue eyes, sparking with power. Iri blinked. Swallowed.

“I’m curious to know what you say about me,” Eurielle said, a small smile on her face. Her eyes were sharp but gentle as she looked down at the group of girls.

The three of them looked at Eurielle silently, all in a little bit of shock. Not once in the five years living in Valor did any of them meet the matriarch. The only times they saw Eurielle were during the Ceremony of the Winds, and they never spoke to her. Even then, the girls couldn’t even hear Eurielle speak to the High Council members that were with her those times. She really was a total mystery to most maidens on Miresa.

Raven spun around without saying a word and started to walk away from the two girls and Eurielle. Angel frantically waved her hands, “Wait, wait, wait, wait!” Angel grabbed Raven’s hood and forcefully pulled her back. Iri all the while was staring at Eurielle. Seeing her up close, personally, was much different than Iri had expected. From a distance, Eurielle seemed untouchable – somebody a nobody like her would ever reach. But this close, Iri saw the sadness seeping from her matriarch. Iri felt a sharp pang in her heart as she saw through Eurielle’s guise.

Eurielle noticed Iri’s stare, and the two met eyes. She reached out her hand to Iri, who looked down at it and back up. “Tea?” Eurielle said, glancing to the other two girls. Angel and Raven both perked up in excitement and immediately nodded. Eurielle turned to look back at Iri, her hand still outstretched.

Iri hesitated, but then slowly took hold of Eurielle’s hand. It was soft, gentle, but firm. The hands of somebody strong, in more than one aspect. Eurielle turned toward the Ethereal Palace, Iri’s hand firmly in hers, and the pair leaded the way with Angel and Raven in tow behind. Lots of the maidens had stopped and watched the group, admiring silently, just as the trio had done many times before to their matriarch.

This isn’t how Iri expected her day to go, but she can’t necessarily complain.

Thanks for reading!

Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

Eeeeeeee! I love this! You're so talented at writing, and 5his inspires me to write my own lore! Keep up the awesome work!
Eeeeeeee! I love this! You're so talented at writing, and 5his inspires me to write my own lore! Keep up the awesome work!
arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
[center][font=cambria][size=6][b]NEW ORGANIZATION[/b][/size] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/3xNThfc9/Rockport-The-Hidden.png[/img] [size=4][i]Lament in the darkness...[/i] Maidens who have strayed away from Eurielle's watchful eyes. The group is practically unknown to most maidens on Miresa, due to their secluded behaviour. Despite this, the Hidden seems to be swaying the minds of maidens around Miresa quietly, in the shadows, waiting for their first move. _____________________________________ @Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis
NEW ORGANIZATION

Rockport-The-Hidden.png

Lament in the darkness...

Maidens who have strayed away from Eurielle's watchful eyes. The group is practically unknown to most maidens on Miresa, due to their secluded behaviour. Despite this, the Hidden seems to be swaying the minds of maidens around Miresa quietly, in the shadows, waiting for their first move.

Can I just say this thread, your layout, is so stunning and inspiring and now I must redo all my lore threads.
Can I just say this thread, your layout, is so stunning and inspiring and now I must redo all my lore threads.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13