Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A reading from the book of Ulomagg!
a wip short story hub for my lair, themed off of a mixture of lovecraftian cults and a southern gothic-esque town named Dunnsmouth just outside of The Hewn City.

a series of heretical, forgotten deities and their hagiographies.

he who thirsteth and drinketh of His Glory, Chernobog, shall never thirst again.

pinglist:

no one yet

All caps title edited by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.

a wip short story hub for my lair, themed off of a mixture of lovecraftian cults and a southern gothic-esque town named Dunnsmouth just outside of The Hewn City.

a series of heretical, forgotten deities and their hagiographies.

he who thirsteth and drinketh of His Glory, Chernobog, shall never thirst again.

pinglist:

no one yet

All caps title edited by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.

[center][b]A READING FROM THE BOOK OF ORIGINATION[/b] Before there was a beginning, there was nothing. No Sornieth, no False-Gods, no Shade, nothing but endless void, like an inkwell untouched but shaken. And then, the void took shape. His eyes were the crimson of dying stars, and he bedecked himself in shades of scarlet and jet, and the void named itself Chernobog, for He was before all things, and thus, above all things. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27088001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270881/27088001_350.png[/img] [/url] And for timeless time, Chernobog was content to merely be. After eras had passed and Chernobog, Glory Be His Name, had tired of watching void coil and unfurl before Him, He created first the planes: Prudencia, Akashic, Sornieth. And then He populated those planes with stars, and He named each one a Judgement, so that they may uphold His laws and Judge those who were beneath His glorious gaze. And the Judgements obeyed Chernobogg, for He was before all things, and thus, above all things, even The Eternal Arbiters.[/center]
A READING FROM THE BOOK OF ORIGINATION

Before there was a beginning, there was nothing. No Sornieth, no False-Gods, no Shade, nothing but endless void, like an inkwell untouched but shaken. And then, the void took shape. His eyes were the crimson of dying stars, and he bedecked himself in shades of scarlet and jet, and the void named itself Chernobog, for He was before all things, and thus, above all things.

27088001_350.png

And for timeless time, Chernobog was content to merely be. After eras had passed and Chernobog, Glory Be His Name, had tired of watching void coil and unfurl before Him, He created first the planes: Prudencia, Akashic, Sornieth. And then He populated those planes with stars, and He named each one a Judgement, so that they may uphold His laws and Judge those who were beneath His glorious gaze. And the Judgements obeyed Chernobogg, for He was before all things, and thus, above all things, even The Eternal Arbiters.
[b]doubt not my words.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28696459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/286965/28696459_350.png[/img] [/url] Bishop stared into the hollowed entrance to the mausoleum that generations of their ilk had carved beneath the outskirts of The Hewn City--their once-elysian, once-sparkling home now entrenched in a forgotten darkness that coiled between the ruined streets and ever-feebling candlevigil that kept that ever-encroacher at bay. the soil was thick and pale with bonedust and limestone, and here and there stains not quite as dark as those history had given the small hamlet of Dunnsmouth splattered against the walls. Bishop was ancient, that much was known. He had outlived even Matron's patriarch, and the patriarch before him, and yes, the one before he as well. There was a reason he was deemed High Priest of the Voidfaith: he had a spark of The Void Incarnate's divinity, and it showed in his longevity. He had scraped out the mausoleum himself, sleeplessly, a decade's worth of work, still growing as more and more sacrifices were to be made to keep the coming evil at bay. "Nothing can withstand the onslaught of the False-Arbiters," the priest intoned, the words spilling from his mouth with practiced ease as he stepped into the catacombs, "but for the dedication we chosen few have for Our Glory Eternal." [i]stop spewing that drivel just to annoy me. you don't believe half of it.[/i] the voice comes from behind him, its siren's call like a droplet of ink into water, twisting, churning, slowly hissing into its surroundings. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26298772] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262988/26298772_350.png[/img] [/url] cathedral had come, as Bishop knew it would. Normally it stayed silent like the barren black-barked trees among others, but in its domain with only the dead and an unsure priest to listen to its sibilant rattle, it felt free. Bishop was glad for the company, at least. few were permitted to speak their minds so bluntly, lest they find their way upon the Altar of Void Everlasting. "We do what we must to keep the flock penitent. Their fervor to the all-but-forgotten is just one of the many seals against the Judgements." he paused, staring as inky ichor slowly dripped from a wall. "Even now, they breach this holy sanctum because of whispering doubts amongst the people. We have waited four hundred and ninety seven years for Chernobog to grace us with his presence. We need only wait three more." [i]and when your false gods don't appear? what will you do when your flock turns to the wolves they are that you keep so loosely leashed?[/i] "Then I shall surely perish at their hands, as you well know. But it will not matter. 500 years of service to the Ignorant Idols is a powerful seal. I doubt even Glittering Avarice could break it, with all her mage cronies at her command included." [i]and when you perish, piotr?[/i] the voice in the shadows sighed. [i]where will you go then?[/i] "Wherever you deem I should, my dear Cathedral. Wherever you deem I should."
doubt not my words.

28696459_350.png

Bishop stared into the hollowed entrance to the mausoleum that generations of their ilk had carved beneath the outskirts of The Hewn City--their once-elysian, once-sparkling home now entrenched in a forgotten darkness that coiled between the ruined streets and ever-feebling candlevigil that kept that ever-encroacher at bay. the soil was thick and pale with bonedust and limestone, and here and there stains not quite as dark as those history had given the small hamlet of Dunnsmouth splattered against the walls.

Bishop was ancient, that much was known. He had outlived even Matron's patriarch, and the patriarch before him, and yes, the one before he as well. There was a reason he was deemed High Priest of the Voidfaith: he had a spark of The Void Incarnate's divinity, and it showed in his longevity. He had scraped out the mausoleum himself, sleeplessly, a decade's worth of work, still growing as more and more sacrifices were to be made to keep the coming evil at bay.

"Nothing can withstand the onslaught of the False-Arbiters," the priest intoned, the words spilling from his mouth with practiced ease as he stepped into the catacombs, "but for the dedication we chosen few have for Our Glory Eternal."

stop spewing that drivel just to annoy me. you don't believe half of it.

the voice comes from behind him, its siren's call like a droplet of ink into water, twisting, churning, slowly hissing into its surroundings.

26298772_350.png

cathedral had come, as Bishop knew it would. Normally it stayed silent like the barren black-barked trees among others, but in its domain with only the dead and an unsure priest to listen to its sibilant rattle, it felt free. Bishop was glad for the company, at least. few were permitted to speak their minds so bluntly, lest they find their way upon the Altar of Void Everlasting.

"We do what we must to keep the flock penitent. Their fervor to the all-but-forgotten is just one of the many seals against the Judgements." he paused, staring as inky ichor slowly dripped from a wall. "Even now, they breach this holy sanctum because of whispering doubts amongst the people. We have waited four hundred and ninety seven years for Chernobog to grace us with his presence. We need only wait three more."

and when your false gods don't appear? what will you do when your flock turns to the wolves they are that you keep so loosely leashed?

"Then I shall surely perish at their hands, as you well know. But it will not matter. 500 years of service to the Ignorant Idols is a powerful seal. I doubt even Glittering Avarice could break it, with all her mage cronies at her command included."

and when you perish, piotr? the voice in the shadows sighed. where will you go then?

"Wherever you deem I should, my dear Cathedral. Wherever you deem I should."