Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 10 Words
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
I'm glad you liked my short story and that it had some emotional effect!

@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Karika @Annalynn @Zodiac753 @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @MintyDragon

Prompt: A fox has fallen into a well while his companion, the rabbit, laughs on.

Words: Soppy, bones, drown, rusted, brittle, fury, hiccup, silence, blood, matted.

Deadline: Sept. 17 @ 17:00 FR time.
I'm glad you liked my short story and that it had some emotional effect!

@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Karika @Annalynn @Zodiac753 @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @MintyDragon

Prompt: A fox has fallen into a well while his companion, the rabbit, laughs on.

Words: Soppy, bones, drown, rusted, brittle, fury, hiccup, silence, blood, matted.

Deadline: Sept. 17 @ 17:00 FR time.
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter
Alright, lets see what happens. No idea what this is gonna be.

Reginald tried to pick himself back up only to fall onto his probably broken leg. The arctic fox lifted his head up to see the rabbit he had chased and chased and chased for miles was staring down at him with a smirk, or least, what could past for one. He had thought it odd, for the rabbit to be out and about in the middle of an ice storm, but hunger had gotten the better of the poor fox. With Reginald's keen eyes, he was able to see that the rabbit was a bone white, similar to his own fur, now matted and crusting with ice.

The young fox knew what had happened, his friends had all warned him before hand about the trickster rabbits, those that seeked to out cun the fox. No longer were the foxes the clever, cunning animals. Reginald laughed off their story as a joke. What animal could surpass his intelligence of the hunt? Apparently this one.

Even though silence filled the air, the former predator knew his trickster was laughing at him. Had the situations been reversed, Reginald would be the one laughing after all. He took a look around where he was sure to perish. The walls seemed to be made of both mossy stone and rusted iron. Strange, but not unheard of in these parts. Rocks can expand when ice creeps into their cracks and becomes brittle. Iron does not. The artic fox assessed the true damage done to his leg once he had worked up the courage to actually look at it. Much like he had expected, his normally gleaming, perfect coat had blood staining it.

It was funny actually. Of everything else, that was the thing that caused fury to well up inside his sleek body; the fact that the fur he had always boasted about had an imperfection to it now. Other than that small flare, the only thing Reginald truly felt was shame. He was ashamed that things were going to end this way. Whether the cold or hunger got to him first, was anyone's guess. He looked up once again to see that the now cunning rabbit had long left the fox to his demise.

Because of the frozen wasteland that all currently lived in, the well had been long since been frozen so at least he wouldn't drown. He couldn't think of a more horrible way to go. It was then that the stupid hiccups began. An annoying trait he's had since he was a pup. Stressful situations always brought them around and they never stopped until the next day. If only there would be a next day.

Reginald rested his head on his paws and sighed. This was truly it. For a little bit there, he had thought his friends would appear and help him up. They had known he was out hunting and being the expert, or Former Expert in this case, he was, he would have been back home in their grotto by now. A soppy thought, he knew this. After all, if one of his friends had taken longer than usual on a hunt, he would have laughed, like just the rabbit was probably still doing, and said their ineptitude had finally shown.

Reginald closed his eyes, determined to get even a little bit of sleep before he took his last breath. He never opened his eyes again.

hahahaa...well that's dark. Feels like I forced some words but this'll do. Been a while since I did one of these so I thought I'd try it out.
@Sillywinter
Alright, lets see what happens. No idea what this is gonna be.

Reginald tried to pick himself back up only to fall onto his probably broken leg. The arctic fox lifted his head up to see the rabbit he had chased and chased and chased for miles was staring down at him with a smirk, or least, what could past for one. He had thought it odd, for the rabbit to be out and about in the middle of an ice storm, but hunger had gotten the better of the poor fox. With Reginald's keen eyes, he was able to see that the rabbit was a bone white, similar to his own fur, now matted and crusting with ice.

The young fox knew what had happened, his friends had all warned him before hand about the trickster rabbits, those that seeked to out cun the fox. No longer were the foxes the clever, cunning animals. Reginald laughed off their story as a joke. What animal could surpass his intelligence of the hunt? Apparently this one.

Even though silence filled the air, the former predator knew his trickster was laughing at him. Had the situations been reversed, Reginald would be the one laughing after all. He took a look around where he was sure to perish. The walls seemed to be made of both mossy stone and rusted iron. Strange, but not unheard of in these parts. Rocks can expand when ice creeps into their cracks and becomes brittle. Iron does not. The artic fox assessed the true damage done to his leg once he had worked up the courage to actually look at it. Much like he had expected, his normally gleaming, perfect coat had blood staining it.

It was funny actually. Of everything else, that was the thing that caused fury to well up inside his sleek body; the fact that the fur he had always boasted about had an imperfection to it now. Other than that small flare, the only thing Reginald truly felt was shame. He was ashamed that things were going to end this way. Whether the cold or hunger got to him first, was anyone's guess. He looked up once again to see that the now cunning rabbit had long left the fox to his demise.

Because of the frozen wasteland that all currently lived in, the well had been long since been frozen so at least he wouldn't drown. He couldn't think of a more horrible way to go. It was then that the stupid hiccups began. An annoying trait he's had since he was a pup. Stressful situations always brought them around and they never stopped until the next day. If only there would be a next day.

Reginald rested his head on his paws and sighed. This was truly it. For a little bit there, he had thought his friends would appear and help him up. They had known he was out hunting and being the expert, or Former Expert in this case, he was, he would have been back home in their grotto by now. A soppy thought, he knew this. After all, if one of his friends had taken longer than usual on a hunt, he would have laughed, like just the rabbit was probably still doing, and said their ineptitude had finally shown.

Reginald closed his eyes, determined to get even a little bit of sleep before he took his last breath. He never opened his eyes again.

hahahaa...well that's dark. Feels like I forced some words but this'll do. Been a while since I did one of these so I thought I'd try it out.
HKrGNct.pngaeUUUJn.png
@SillyWinter

Could I be added to the pinglist please?
@SillyWinter

Could I be added to the pinglist please?
Eh7mW.gif
5tHOv.gif
WpHT3.gif
8qVxd.gif
Bo1ub.gif
FpJLG.gif
TuipX.gif
gF5U2.gif
QZhRp.gif
KkedT.gif
@Kiradog234

Added!
@Kiradog234

Added!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter

“You would do well to help me!” shouted Fox, his dirtied paws doing little against the slimy stone. His belly was slick with water, and the texture paired with the stink was enough to make Fox wrinkle his nose in distaste.

“Help you?” replied Rabbit, the tips of his ears quivering with laughter from where he waited at the lip of the well. “You seem to be doing just fine on your own.” He peeked over the rocky ledge of the well, his furred nose twitching as he grinned down at Fox. “Look at you! Barely even wet.”

“Yes, but not for much longer.” Fox scraped at the wall, trying to hoist himself up, but whined when he made no progress. This was hopeless, he was certain. And Rabbit, with his short legs and laughter, would be no help. This was also certain.

Rabbit, having hopped off the ledge and back onto solid ground, stifled his laughter once more. He called over his shoulder, “I’ll find something to help you, Fox. Then you owe me.”

“Owe you!”

Snickering at Fox’s indignant tone, Rabbit hopped off into the tall grass to find something to hoist his friend up. There had been a rope—and, likely, a bucket—attached to that well, but the rope had been cut some time before. Perhaps it had been discarded somewhere nearby.

Rabbit had made it no farther than a few feet into the grass before he heard a hissing sound. A snake, brown as dust and with coal eyes, slithered out of the brush.

“Where are you going in ssssuch a hurry, Rabbit my friend?” Snake hissed, his tongue darting out of his mouth as he tasted the air.

Rabbit drew to a halt, studying Snake warily. “I’m looking for some rope, for the well.”

“Ssssomeone has fallen in?”

“Yes, and-”

“A brother, perhaps?” Snake rose up a bit, as if trying to see the well over Rabbit’s shoulder.

Suspicious now, Rabbit replied with doubt in his voice. “Not by blood, no.” He almost left it at that, but something in Snake’s eyes made him add, “But we are quite similar!”

Snake’s head tilted slightly, pondering this. Then: “Looking for a rope, you say? Perhapsss I know where one is. Best to hurry before your friend drownsss.” Snake had a sly look on his face, as if he was on the cusp of saying something clever.

“Will you show me the way?” Rabbit asked.

The snake looked delighted at this request, and he slithered into the brush quickly. With a twitch of his whiskers, Rabbit was quick to follow after Snake. They traveled in silence, and more than once Rabbit almost lost Snake in the woods. They traveled quite far away, and Rabbit began to feel even more suspicious of Snake’s intentions.

“Say, is this rope anywhere nearby?” Rabbit asked at last, when the trees had begun to thin out. The bare-bones field was too empty to hold anything of worth, much less a rope.

“Of courssse it is,” Snake replied back, not breaking his quick pace. “Here, in fact.” He slithered to a stop, and Rabbit drew up close behind him.

Before them both was the rope and, indeed, the bucket was tied to it. The bucket itself was rather rusted, but it seemed the mouse who had taken it as a home did not mind. She hiccuped in fear at Snake’s appearance, and her eyes darted to Rabbit.

“Snake!” she said, voice high. “What brings you to the fields?” Her paws were clasped together as she spoke, tiny fingers twitching.

“My friend here,” Snake replied back, curling his tail around himself, “isss looking for thisss rope. He needsss it.”

“The rope!” Mouse cried. “But what about the bucket? It’s my home!”

Snake grinned, the movement awkward on his face. “The bucket, too.” He slithered forward, and Mouse retreated back, shaking with either fury or fear. “Thisss home is no good for a moussse like you anyhow—it’s too brittle! The wind could carry it away.”

Mouse looked about ready to cry, but she didn’t seem keen on arguing with Snake. She cast one last look at Rabbit, who did his best to look apologetic, and darted away into the field.

“Ssssee?” Snake said, twining around the bucket. “I found it for you.” His eyes twinkled mischievously, before turning dark. “Now you owe me a…favor.”

Rabbit gulped. “I’m very grateful, Snake. We best make haste back to the well. I can repay the favor there! My, ah, brother will be quite pleased and will love to give you something.”

Snake considered this, then nodded. “Yesss, I think you and your brother would make for a lovely gift. Er, make a lovely gift.” He took the rope in his mouth and began to slither back the way they’d arrived, the bucket tugging out of the dirt neatly.

“Yes,” Rabbit agreed. “I think so, too.”

Fox was relieved to hear his friend return. It seemed he had been gone forever, and indeed the shadows cast on the well had shifted quite far. When the rope was lowered towards him, he bit into it eagerly. He was pleased to get out of the soppy water, his fur already matted beyond repair. Rabbit and Snake tugged at the rope, which was not an easy feat when Fox was so much bigger than them both.

“Your brother is much heavier than I expected,” Snake said, speaking around the rope in his mouth. “Do rabbitsss weigh thisss much?”

“Oh, uh. My brother eats quite a bit of food.” Rabbit avoided Snake’s gaze, tugging harder on the rope.

First, Fox’s nose poked out over the well. Then his red snout, along with his ivory white teeth as they bit into the rope. Snake’s eyes widened quite a bit, and nearly bulged out of his head when Fox crawled his way out of the well, chest heaving.

“Finally free from that well!” Fox cried, looking giddy. He turned to Snake and said, “Rabbit likely couldn’t have done it on his own, so thank you. Perhaps we can repay you!”

Snake coiled into himself, eyes darting between Rabbit and Fox. “Uh, no worries. Glad I could help you and your…brother.” He was quick to dart off after that, the grass quivering as they closed behind him.

Fox turned to Rabbit with a tilt of his head, curious. “Brother? What’s up with that?”

Rabbit grinned, as fox-like as his friend. “Oh, nothing.”
@Sillywinter

“You would do well to help me!” shouted Fox, his dirtied paws doing little against the slimy stone. His belly was slick with water, and the texture paired with the stink was enough to make Fox wrinkle his nose in distaste.

“Help you?” replied Rabbit, the tips of his ears quivering with laughter from where he waited at the lip of the well. “You seem to be doing just fine on your own.” He peeked over the rocky ledge of the well, his furred nose twitching as he grinned down at Fox. “Look at you! Barely even wet.”

“Yes, but not for much longer.” Fox scraped at the wall, trying to hoist himself up, but whined when he made no progress. This was hopeless, he was certain. And Rabbit, with his short legs and laughter, would be no help. This was also certain.

Rabbit, having hopped off the ledge and back onto solid ground, stifled his laughter once more. He called over his shoulder, “I’ll find something to help you, Fox. Then you owe me.”

“Owe you!”

Snickering at Fox’s indignant tone, Rabbit hopped off into the tall grass to find something to hoist his friend up. There had been a rope—and, likely, a bucket—attached to that well, but the rope had been cut some time before. Perhaps it had been discarded somewhere nearby.

Rabbit had made it no farther than a few feet into the grass before he heard a hissing sound. A snake, brown as dust and with coal eyes, slithered out of the brush.

“Where are you going in ssssuch a hurry, Rabbit my friend?” Snake hissed, his tongue darting out of his mouth as he tasted the air.

Rabbit drew to a halt, studying Snake warily. “I’m looking for some rope, for the well.”

“Ssssomeone has fallen in?”

“Yes, and-”

“A brother, perhaps?” Snake rose up a bit, as if trying to see the well over Rabbit’s shoulder.

Suspicious now, Rabbit replied with doubt in his voice. “Not by blood, no.” He almost left it at that, but something in Snake’s eyes made him add, “But we are quite similar!”

Snake’s head tilted slightly, pondering this. Then: “Looking for a rope, you say? Perhapsss I know where one is. Best to hurry before your friend drownsss.” Snake had a sly look on his face, as if he was on the cusp of saying something clever.

“Will you show me the way?” Rabbit asked.

The snake looked delighted at this request, and he slithered into the brush quickly. With a twitch of his whiskers, Rabbit was quick to follow after Snake. They traveled in silence, and more than once Rabbit almost lost Snake in the woods. They traveled quite far away, and Rabbit began to feel even more suspicious of Snake’s intentions.

“Say, is this rope anywhere nearby?” Rabbit asked at last, when the trees had begun to thin out. The bare-bones field was too empty to hold anything of worth, much less a rope.

“Of courssse it is,” Snake replied back, not breaking his quick pace. “Here, in fact.” He slithered to a stop, and Rabbit drew up close behind him.

Before them both was the rope and, indeed, the bucket was tied to it. The bucket itself was rather rusted, but it seemed the mouse who had taken it as a home did not mind. She hiccuped in fear at Snake’s appearance, and her eyes darted to Rabbit.

“Snake!” she said, voice high. “What brings you to the fields?” Her paws were clasped together as she spoke, tiny fingers twitching.

“My friend here,” Snake replied back, curling his tail around himself, “isss looking for thisss rope. He needsss it.”

“The rope!” Mouse cried. “But what about the bucket? It’s my home!”

Snake grinned, the movement awkward on his face. “The bucket, too.” He slithered forward, and Mouse retreated back, shaking with either fury or fear. “Thisss home is no good for a moussse like you anyhow—it’s too brittle! The wind could carry it away.”

Mouse looked about ready to cry, but she didn’t seem keen on arguing with Snake. She cast one last look at Rabbit, who did his best to look apologetic, and darted away into the field.

“Ssssee?” Snake said, twining around the bucket. “I found it for you.” His eyes twinkled mischievously, before turning dark. “Now you owe me a…favor.”

Rabbit gulped. “I’m very grateful, Snake. We best make haste back to the well. I can repay the favor there! My, ah, brother will be quite pleased and will love to give you something.”

Snake considered this, then nodded. “Yesss, I think you and your brother would make for a lovely gift. Er, make a lovely gift.” He took the rope in his mouth and began to slither back the way they’d arrived, the bucket tugging out of the dirt neatly.

“Yes,” Rabbit agreed. “I think so, too.”

Fox was relieved to hear his friend return. It seemed he had been gone forever, and indeed the shadows cast on the well had shifted quite far. When the rope was lowered towards him, he bit into it eagerly. He was pleased to get out of the soppy water, his fur already matted beyond repair. Rabbit and Snake tugged at the rope, which was not an easy feat when Fox was so much bigger than them both.

“Your brother is much heavier than I expected,” Snake said, speaking around the rope in his mouth. “Do rabbitsss weigh thisss much?”

“Oh, uh. My brother eats quite a bit of food.” Rabbit avoided Snake’s gaze, tugging harder on the rope.

First, Fox’s nose poked out over the well. Then his red snout, along with his ivory white teeth as they bit into the rope. Snake’s eyes widened quite a bit, and nearly bulged out of his head when Fox crawled his way out of the well, chest heaving.

“Finally free from that well!” Fox cried, looking giddy. He turned to Snake and said, “Rabbit likely couldn’t have done it on his own, so thank you. Perhaps we can repay you!”

Snake coiled into himself, eyes darting between Rabbit and Fox. “Uh, no worries. Glad I could help you and your…brother.” He was quick to dart off after that, the grass quivering as they closed behind him.

Fox turned to Rabbit with a tilt of his head, curious. “Brother? What’s up with that?”

Rabbit grinned, as fox-like as his friend. “Oh, nothing.”
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Extending the deadline to Sept 17
Extending the deadline to Sept 17
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter

It’s really not my fault, you know,
that I ended up in that dark dank well
where my soppy splashes echoed
In darkness. My story now I will tell.

There was an apple in a tree
the brightest of reds, very much like blood.
It swayed and turned and taunted me
and the rabbit as we stood in the mud.

“Oh please, I want that piece of fruit!”
my companion exclaimed, he pointed up high.
For him, I tried, but it was moot,
my paws slipped in the muck, I fell and cried.

I hit the bottom with a splash.
The water was so deep, I thought I might drown.
“You silly fox, I’ll claim your stash!”
the rabbit crowed aloud, then only the sound

of silence settled as he left.
My fury grew.Darkness ensued. I tried
to find a way out of the shaft.
A rusted bucket floated by my side.

The chill seeped deep into my bones.
I yanked myself up by a brittle rope
in that bucket, using that lone
apple as a guide, promise, and a hope.

I shook out my wet matted fur
as I leapt successfully into the mud.
Then I started to track that cur
for the wrongs unto me which he had done.

Excuse my hiccup, but you see
I cannot be convicted of a crime.
He, the rabbit, tried to kill me.
Now upon his flesh I happily dine
@Sillywinter

It’s really not my fault, you know,
that I ended up in that dark dank well
where my soppy splashes echoed
In darkness. My story now I will tell.

There was an apple in a tree
the brightest of reds, very much like blood.
It swayed and turned and taunted me
and the rabbit as we stood in the mud.

“Oh please, I want that piece of fruit!”
my companion exclaimed, he pointed up high.
For him, I tried, but it was moot,
my paws slipped in the muck, I fell and cried.

I hit the bottom with a splash.
The water was so deep, I thought I might drown.
“You silly fox, I’ll claim your stash!”
the rabbit crowed aloud, then only the sound

of silence settled as he left.
My fury grew.Darkness ensued. I tried
to find a way out of the shaft.
A rusted bucket floated by my side.

The chill seeped deep into my bones.
I yanked myself up by a brittle rope
in that bucket, using that lone
apple as a guide, promise, and a hope.

I shook out my wet matted fur
as I leapt successfully into the mud.
Then I started to track that cur
for the wrongs unto me which he had done.

Excuse my hiccup, but you see
I cannot be convicted of a crime.
He, the rabbit, tried to kill me.
Now upon his flesh I happily dine
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
@Sillywinter

The fox straightened, feeling tremors run through the minute cracks in his bones. He coughed as the water left his ears, letting sound back in. It came up to almost his chin, just enough to start to buoy him up, the tips of his claws brushing the cold stone. He shivered.

"How stupid do you have to be, Mr. Fox?" the rabbit laughed shrilly. "Really, I would have expected more from one so sly."

His head rang as he tried to remember how he had ended up here. He had been trying to lure the rabbit, seducing her with his wit and wiles. He grew angry as the rabbit's laughter drifted from the faint circle of light above him.

"You act like this was not part of my plan," he breathed silkily, "Though I admit it did not go over quite as I intended."

"Oh?" the rabbit blinked coquettishly. "Do tell."

"Well I would," the fox replied, "but you'll have to come closer. I'm afraid there is something I must show you that you cannot see from there."

"Oh, no, I couldn't possibly, Mr. Fox. I do not want to fall in myself."

"Of course not," the fox said, inclining his head as well as he was able. The fur on his head was soppy and matted, clinging to itself in ragged chunks. "Just close enough to peer over the edge."

"Alright," the rabbit said, and the fox's ears picked up, listening intently to the faint swish of the brittle grass and thump of earth as she drew near. He timed it carefully, bursting up out of the water and propelling himself against the uneven walls. He reached the top just as she peered over the edge, his jaws snapping down on her neck and tossing her brutally down. He felt the snap of her bones under his teeth, heard them crunch against the walls. If miraculously, she was still alive, she would drown in the well.

His fury abated as he looked down at her sinking, broken body. He sniffed, wishing he hadn't given up his meal.

Judy startled awake, scraping herself against the rusted edge of her metal bed.

"Wha-," Nick murmured from next to her, and she froze. It had been months since the incident, and though she knew she could trust him, the feral violence in his eyes still woke her up screaming some nights. She had forgotten that when she had convinced him to let her spend the night.

The room was silent, and for a second she thought he had fallen back to sleep. Then the bed creaked, and she felt the mattress shift as he sat up.

"Hey, Carrots, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she whispered, cupping her now-bloody paw.

She heard him sniff the air. "Judy, you're bleeding."

"It's nothing," she insisted, scooting as far away from him as she could.

"No, it's not," he said, reaching over to turn on the light. It blinded her for a split second, and as he leaned towards her, all she could see was a predator, lunging for her throat.

"No!" She let out a strangled scream, kicking the covers back as she fell to the floor.

Nick stopped, and as her vision cleared, she could see the same haunted feeling in his eyes that she knew too well.

"I - I'm sorry," he choked.

"No," Judy said quickly. "Don't - it's not your fault. I just had a bad dream."

"About us?" he said in a hollow voice.

"No," she said, still struggling for breath. "I- I know you would never hurt me. I wasn't even fully awake."

"You know?" Nick said in a strangled voice. "This is why I haven't let myself get close to you, Judy! Because after what happened, I don't know."

"Nick -" Judy said. She hiccuped, and then suddenly, the tears just started coming. "Nick, please. I need you."

She couldn't see much through her blurred eyes, but she smelt something, something that she had only sensed once before. Nick was crying, too. He put his arms around her, but his grip was so gentle, almost fragile. She grasped him tightly in return.

"I - need -you, Judy," Nick hiccuped back. "But I'm so - afraid."

"We can do this, Nick," Judy sniffled fiercely, rubbing her eyes with the back of her paw. "It'll all be okay."
@Sillywinter

The fox straightened, feeling tremors run through the minute cracks in his bones. He coughed as the water left his ears, letting sound back in. It came up to almost his chin, just enough to start to buoy him up, the tips of his claws brushing the cold stone. He shivered.

"How stupid do you have to be, Mr. Fox?" the rabbit laughed shrilly. "Really, I would have expected more from one so sly."

His head rang as he tried to remember how he had ended up here. He had been trying to lure the rabbit, seducing her with his wit and wiles. He grew angry as the rabbit's laughter drifted from the faint circle of light above him.

"You act like this was not part of my plan," he breathed silkily, "Though I admit it did not go over quite as I intended."

"Oh?" the rabbit blinked coquettishly. "Do tell."

"Well I would," the fox replied, "but you'll have to come closer. I'm afraid there is something I must show you that you cannot see from there."

"Oh, no, I couldn't possibly, Mr. Fox. I do not want to fall in myself."

"Of course not," the fox said, inclining his head as well as he was able. The fur on his head was soppy and matted, clinging to itself in ragged chunks. "Just close enough to peer over the edge."

"Alright," the rabbit said, and the fox's ears picked up, listening intently to the faint swish of the brittle grass and thump of earth as she drew near. He timed it carefully, bursting up out of the water and propelling himself against the uneven walls. He reached the top just as she peered over the edge, his jaws snapping down on her neck and tossing her brutally down. He felt the snap of her bones under his teeth, heard them crunch against the walls. If miraculously, she was still alive, she would drown in the well.

His fury abated as he looked down at her sinking, broken body. He sniffed, wishing he hadn't given up his meal.

Judy startled awake, scraping herself against the rusted edge of her metal bed.

"Wha-," Nick murmured from next to her, and she froze. It had been months since the incident, and though she knew she could trust him, the feral violence in his eyes still woke her up screaming some nights. She had forgotten that when she had convinced him to let her spend the night.

The room was silent, and for a second she thought he had fallen back to sleep. Then the bed creaked, and she felt the mattress shift as he sat up.

"Hey, Carrots, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she whispered, cupping her now-bloody paw.

She heard him sniff the air. "Judy, you're bleeding."

"It's nothing," she insisted, scooting as far away from him as she could.

"No, it's not," he said, reaching over to turn on the light. It blinded her for a split second, and as he leaned towards her, all she could see was a predator, lunging for her throat.

"No!" She let out a strangled scream, kicking the covers back as she fell to the floor.

Nick stopped, and as her vision cleared, she could see the same haunted feeling in his eyes that she knew too well.

"I - I'm sorry," he choked.

"No," Judy said quickly. "Don't - it's not your fault. I just had a bad dream."

"About us?" he said in a hollow voice.

"No," she said, still struggling for breath. "I- I know you would never hurt me. I wasn't even fully awake."

"You know?" Nick said in a strangled voice. "This is why I haven't let myself get close to you, Judy! Because after what happened, I don't know."

"Nick -" Judy said. She hiccuped, and then suddenly, the tears just started coming. "Nick, please. I need you."

She couldn't see much through her blurred eyes, but she smelt something, something that she had only sensed once before. Nick was crying, too. He put his arms around her, but his grip was so gentle, almost fragile. She grasped him tightly in return.

"I - need -you, Judy," Nick hiccuped back. "But I'm so - afraid."

"We can do this, Nick," Judy sniffled fiercely, rubbing her eyes with the back of her paw. "It'll all be okay."
RkXJJ5L.png
3adgzZD.png
6Dq3jOp.png
tqGkHih.png
bYt72YT.png
AaYNmEX.png
@demonslayr62

"similar to his own fur, now matted and crusting with ice." I really liked that line for some reason. I could really see his fur glistening with ice. I've noticed some simple grammatical mistakes, but this story is well written. Made me a little sad that the fox died, but I guess I kind of set that up with the prompt, whoops :') I like how you reversed the roles in this, portraying the rabbits as the clever species while the foxes are somewhat dull and impulsive. Nicely done!

@Mypilot

This somewhat reminded me of the jungle book for some reason haha. That snake was just- not right. Thought he could eat Rabbit's "brother", ha! I love how you portrayed each character, especially the Rabbit, who acted more Fox than Rabbit. It goes to show just how much time he had spent with the Fox. At first, I thought they were enemies, but I'm glad they're actually friends. Nice story!

@Chrisondra

Oh woah, I really liked this poem! It rhymes so nicely and I love the kind of speech/tone you wrote along with. I liked that dark ending. I'm surprised the Rabbit didn't attempt to take the apple? Then again, he was asking the Fox for help, so he must not have been able to reach it. I liked how you turned the apple into a symbolism of hope.

@lessthan3

oKAY WHY MUST YOU MESS WITH MY SECRET SHIP. *loud ugly sobbing*
Okay, all shipping aside, this was a nice piece. Despite the incident part feeling a little unclear, I liked how you turned companionship into love. The dream was also nice. It had this dark feel that felt rather bothersome and I liked it. Awesome job!

And the winner for this round is @Chrisondra and the runner-up @lessthan3. I loved what all of you guys wrote!
@demonslayr62

"similar to his own fur, now matted and crusting with ice." I really liked that line for some reason. I could really see his fur glistening with ice. I've noticed some simple grammatical mistakes, but this story is well written. Made me a little sad that the fox died, but I guess I kind of set that up with the prompt, whoops :') I like how you reversed the roles in this, portraying the rabbits as the clever species while the foxes are somewhat dull and impulsive. Nicely done!

@Mypilot

This somewhat reminded me of the jungle book for some reason haha. That snake was just- not right. Thought he could eat Rabbit's "brother", ha! I love how you portrayed each character, especially the Rabbit, who acted more Fox than Rabbit. It goes to show just how much time he had spent with the Fox. At first, I thought they were enemies, but I'm glad they're actually friends. Nice story!

@Chrisondra

Oh woah, I really liked this poem! It rhymes so nicely and I love the kind of speech/tone you wrote along with. I liked that dark ending. I'm surprised the Rabbit didn't attempt to take the apple? Then again, he was asking the Fox for help, so he must not have been able to reach it. I liked how you turned the apple into a symbolism of hope.

@lessthan3

oKAY WHY MUST YOU MESS WITH MY SECRET SHIP. *loud ugly sobbing*
Okay, all shipping aside, this was a nice piece. Despite the incident part feeling a little unclear, I liked how you turned companionship into love. The dream was also nice. It had this dark feel that felt rather bothersome and I liked it. Awesome job!

And the winner for this round is @Chrisondra and the runner-up @lessthan3. I loved what all of you guys wrote!
rPflwkH.png
I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! :D The rabbit tricked the fox into jumping into the well so he could go steal his stuff. Silly rabbit.

Next Prompt: Communicating thoughts of ways to never have to speak again

Words: Beautiful, Loathe, Shining, Space, Home, Wind, Matter, Stardust, Withstand, Comprehend

Deadline: 9/20 20:00 FR Time

@Sillywinter @SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Karika @Annalynn @Zodiac753 @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @MintyDragon @Kiradog234

Self-editing Ping List here
I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! :D The rabbit tricked the fox into jumping into the well so he could go steal his stuff. Silly rabbit.

Next Prompt: Communicating thoughts of ways to never have to speak again

Words: Beautiful, Loathe, Shining, Space, Home, Wind, Matter, Stardust, Withstand, Comprehend

Deadline: 9/20 20:00 FR Time

@Sillywinter @SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Karika @Annalynn @Zodiac753 @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @MintyDragon @Kiradog234

Self-editing Ping List here
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27