Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Write Away
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92
Ok so you all smashed my feelings into little tiny pieces and DANCED ON THEM. *ahem* anyways...

@Karika Your descriptions are vivid and colorful. You conveyed the darkness of the image very well, and I was interested in your rather hopeless take on it. I would love to see more done with this exercise - it seems very much that a world is trying to burst from your piece, a world that is uniquely yours. It was like stealing through a foreign country and glimpsing not the monuments, but the day to day lives - so foreign yet familiar.

@Chrisondra Your imagery is -well, I suppose bright wouldn't be exactly the word to describe it, lol, but somehow both vivid and subtle at the same time. To use the musical term, your words were very chiaroscuro. You left me hungry for more. I mean it- if you don't continue this story, I will. (With your permission, of course!) XD Your piece had the opposite effect of @Karika's - it drew me in, made me feel as though I was a countryman of the characters, made me fear for them as brothers.

@LightShadow101 Of all the pieces, I actually didn't feel this one as much until the end - which is actually an amazing feat! The issue was so personal to me that I immediately threw up my defenses, but your close shattered them like - pardon the analogy - so much glass. I want to know - who is Inis? Why has it been so long? And as more of a question of technique - it intrigues me that you left the character unnamed until after she destroyed that integral part of her. Was that on purpose? It made an incredible impact! (*sneaks off to go write fanfiction*)

@Mypilot Your technique stood out from the rest. Rather than continuous bombardment of the senses, your intermittent sensory details leave a foggy, dreamlike sensation. This is an excellent backdrop to the sharp punctuation of the storyline and your repetition of the, I guess, thesis line. It drives the point home very effectively, much like I am failing to do right now. ;D I want more, though!!! Not in the telling of the story persay - you used conciseness extremely well. It's more - now that I've caught a glimpse into this world, into the hearts of your characters, I want to know their fears, hopes and dreams.

Picking a top and alternative was extremely difficult. I've used this time reviewing you guys to waffle around on it so that I wouldn't have to. But...

@Mypilot is top, @Chrisondra is the alternate. (I almost delcared it a tie and made you do a write-off, that's how close it was.)

I will create a pinglist... and paste it here.... eventually.....
Ok so you all smashed my feelings into little tiny pieces and DANCED ON THEM. *ahem* anyways...

@Karika Your descriptions are vivid and colorful. You conveyed the darkness of the image very well, and I was interested in your rather hopeless take on it. I would love to see more done with this exercise - it seems very much that a world is trying to burst from your piece, a world that is uniquely yours. It was like stealing through a foreign country and glimpsing not the monuments, but the day to day lives - so foreign yet familiar.

@Chrisondra Your imagery is -well, I suppose bright wouldn't be exactly the word to describe it, lol, but somehow both vivid and subtle at the same time. To use the musical term, your words were very chiaroscuro. You left me hungry for more. I mean it- if you don't continue this story, I will. (With your permission, of course!) XD Your piece had the opposite effect of @Karika's - it drew me in, made me feel as though I was a countryman of the characters, made me fear for them as brothers.

@LightShadow101 Of all the pieces, I actually didn't feel this one as much until the end - which is actually an amazing feat! The issue was so personal to me that I immediately threw up my defenses, but your close shattered them like - pardon the analogy - so much glass. I want to know - who is Inis? Why has it been so long? And as more of a question of technique - it intrigues me that you left the character unnamed until after she destroyed that integral part of her. Was that on purpose? It made an incredible impact! (*sneaks off to go write fanfiction*)

@Mypilot Your technique stood out from the rest. Rather than continuous bombardment of the senses, your intermittent sensory details leave a foggy, dreamlike sensation. This is an excellent backdrop to the sharp punctuation of the storyline and your repetition of the, I guess, thesis line. It drives the point home very effectively, much like I am failing to do right now. ;D I want more, though!!! Not in the telling of the story persay - you used conciseness extremely well. It's more - now that I've caught a glimpse into this world, into the hearts of your characters, I want to know their fears, hopes and dreams.

Picking a top and alternative was extremely difficult. I've used this time reviewing you guys to waffle around on it so that I wouldn't have to. But...

@Mypilot is top, @Chrisondra is the alternate. (I almost delcared it a tie and made you do a write-off, that's how close it was.)

I will create a pinglist... and paste it here.... eventually.....
@TidalMoonrise

I'm so honored that you liked mine so much. To address your first question, I'm not quite sure who Inis is. I think they're Maia's ex/best friend. I'm also going through a time right now where I'm separated from one of my best friends, so it's also supposed to represent that. I'm sorry if this isn't a very satisfying answer.

I did leave the character unnamed until the end for technique, I think it added emphasis to the mystery of Inis, and the end scene. I'm glad it had that affect. And if you actually do write fanfiction as promised, please, please show me. I'd love to see a story branched off of the few words I wrote. And TBH, the story I wrote was kind of cobbled together, and I had assumed it wasn't that good. I'm so happy you liked it, even if it didn't win.
@TidalMoonrise

I'm so honored that you liked mine so much. To address your first question, I'm not quite sure who Inis is. I think they're Maia's ex/best friend. I'm also going through a time right now where I'm separated from one of my best friends, so it's also supposed to represent that. I'm sorry if this isn't a very satisfying answer.

I did leave the character unnamed until the end for technique, I think it added emphasis to the mystery of Inis, and the end scene. I'm glad it had that affect. And if you actually do write fanfiction as promised, please, please show me. I'd love to see a story branched off of the few words I wrote. And TBH, the story I wrote was kind of cobbled together, and I had assumed it wasn't that good. I'm so happy you liked it, even if it didn't win.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
[center][url=https://www.deviantart.com/t1na/art/Tree-swing-437944764][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/889e1273d160eb19108be3769e03f9c7/tumblr_np43ysvxRo1sfjvy3o1_540.png[/img][/url] [size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1]@Chrisondra @TidalMoonrise @PixieKnight3284 @Karika @SamIamLuvDov @Lightshadow101 @humanityxpeople[/center] [i]Suggested word count:[/i] Go crazy. [i]Deadline:[/i] August 9th, 16:00 FR time [center][b]Want to join this? Self editing pinglist is [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dBM6-s4AYOSpYMqzHtyyTD2IGu27hQDf6MlYMGa76uA/edit]here[/url].[/b][/center]

Suggested word count: Go crazy.

Deadline: August 9th, 16:00 FR time

Want to join this? Self editing pinglist is here.
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
That took longer than I expected haha. But anyway, here's my entry. I wanted to do something a little different.

@TidalMoonrise

Word count: 1000 words

There was an angel statue at the top of the castle. It was something that the people marveled at. It was intricate, with each feather carved with precision, and an expression that could be interpreted many different ways. The smile etched into the stone was small, but it was present. Some said it was a genuine one. They said that this angel was a protector, and she was happy to see the kingdom safe. Others said it accompanied by hard, hungry eyes. They said that when she wakes, she would enact revenge on those who let her remain trapped in her stone cell.
The biggest criticism of this theory was that the kingdom’s people were not to blame. There was only one creator, or, as the theory implies, one person who trapped the angel. Who was responsible for her is unknown, however. Each king in power would think back on their childhood, where they felt protected by the angel atop their castle. No one knows how long ago she had been erected and no one can remember a time when she was not there.
It was a dark night when a group of unruly teenagers decided to cause havoc in the kingdom. They snuck into one of their father’s bar and stole the beer there. Once they were properly intoxicated, they stumbled toward the castle. Their laughter rung in the air, followed by whispers. They stopped before they got too close to the entrance and craned their necks up. They spotted the angel statue, illuminated by the full moon.
“My mum told me about the angel,” one of the boys said. He moved as if to climb one of the castle’s walls, leaving his leg up atop a crevice. “She told me the angel awakens every full moon.”
“That’s a load of bull!” another boy jeered. “If that’s true, we’d see her flying around every month.”
“Yeah,” a girl added, blowing her hair out of her face. “Everyone knows statues can’t come to life anyway.”
“My mum said she could,” the first boy continued, unfazed by his friends’ lack of support. “She said…well, she said she has the potential to wake up. The angel, I mean.”
“Duh, of course your mother can wake up. Everyone wakes up,” the girl laughed.
“Until they don’t,” the other boy added.
The girl stopped and turned to him, her eyes widening. “Bro,” she whispered. “That is so true.”
They both started laughing and wiping at tears. The first boy was unsure of if the tears came after the laughter or not, but he was too intoxicated to consider it properly.
“Okay, okay, listen to me!” the first bellowed. His two friends snapped to attention, though lazy smiles were on their faces. Their eyes darted around distractedly, but he didn’t mind. “She said – my mum – that we…we just have to climb. We have to climb this wall and…see her for ourselves.”
“I can see her fine from right here,” the other boy commented.
The first sighed. “No, it’s different. I dunno. There’s a rock? I think she said something about a rock – my mum.”
“A rock? She’s a whole giant rock by herself, why would you need a rock?” the girl asked.
The other boy turned to her. “What if you use that rock to make her meld into that rock and then there’s a giant rock and she’s there no longer a rock?”
The girl stared at him. “You make no sense.”
He guffawed at that and the first boy shook his head. He turned back to the castle and tried to find another break in the wall for him to grab.
“What-what are you doing?” the girl asked.
“I’m going to see the angel. Why don’t you…you go find me some rocks, huh? Go find me some big, ol’, hard, heavy, hefty rocks.” He heard them snickering at that but he didn’t turn back. He found a break and began ascending the wall.
He somehow reached the top of the wall. He looked to the angel a few feet away, her back toward him. He walked over to her, suddenly aware of how high up he managed to climb.
“Here, you idiot!” the girl called out.
The boy looked down to his friends and saw a large pile of rocks between them. They each had a rock in their hand. Glancing at each other with stupid grins on their faces, they began hurling the rocks up toward the boy and the statue.
“W-wait,” the boy stammered. “Let me….I’ll come down. Hold on.” He looked down as he took a step and almost lost his balance. He waved his arms in the air until he felt he was stable again.
He heard the sounds of rocks hitting a hard surface and looked to the statue. He saw the rocks his friends were throwing hitting against the statue, ricocheting off of her.
“Guys, stop!” he yelled down, but the rocks kept coming. He turned back to the statue and his eyes widened. Cracks were starting to form over her stony skin. He watched, amazed, as the cracks spread and deepened. He reached out, but he couldn’t stop the stone shell from crumbling and falling away from her.
Before him stood an angel – a living, breathing angel. She had dark hair that whipped around her despite the light wind. Her wings were beautiful, made out of multicolored glass like stained glass portraits one would find in a cathedral.
The boy stepped back, startled. He tried to remember how much he had drunk. He watched as the angel looked down. He was expecting her to turn and look at him, but she didn’t. She stared down. Down at his friends, he realized.
He stepped forward, the theories about the angel whipping through his mind. So many of them were evil. He reached an arm out as she stepped forward, falling down. He heard his friends screaming and he squeezed his eyes shut, praying he would wake up.
That took longer than I expected haha. But anyway, here's my entry. I wanted to do something a little different.

@TidalMoonrise

Word count: 1000 words

There was an angel statue at the top of the castle. It was something that the people marveled at. It was intricate, with each feather carved with precision, and an expression that could be interpreted many different ways. The smile etched into the stone was small, but it was present. Some said it was a genuine one. They said that this angel was a protector, and she was happy to see the kingdom safe. Others said it accompanied by hard, hungry eyes. They said that when she wakes, she would enact revenge on those who let her remain trapped in her stone cell.
The biggest criticism of this theory was that the kingdom’s people were not to blame. There was only one creator, or, as the theory implies, one person who trapped the angel. Who was responsible for her is unknown, however. Each king in power would think back on their childhood, where they felt protected by the angel atop their castle. No one knows how long ago she had been erected and no one can remember a time when she was not there.
It was a dark night when a group of unruly teenagers decided to cause havoc in the kingdom. They snuck into one of their father’s bar and stole the beer there. Once they were properly intoxicated, they stumbled toward the castle. Their laughter rung in the air, followed by whispers. They stopped before they got too close to the entrance and craned their necks up. They spotted the angel statue, illuminated by the full moon.
“My mum told me about the angel,” one of the boys said. He moved as if to climb one of the castle’s walls, leaving his leg up atop a crevice. “She told me the angel awakens every full moon.”
“That’s a load of bull!” another boy jeered. “If that’s true, we’d see her flying around every month.”
“Yeah,” a girl added, blowing her hair out of her face. “Everyone knows statues can’t come to life anyway.”
“My mum said she could,” the first boy continued, unfazed by his friends’ lack of support. “She said…well, she said she has the potential to wake up. The angel, I mean.”
“Duh, of course your mother can wake up. Everyone wakes up,” the girl laughed.
“Until they don’t,” the other boy added.
The girl stopped and turned to him, her eyes widening. “Bro,” she whispered. “That is so true.”
They both started laughing and wiping at tears. The first boy was unsure of if the tears came after the laughter or not, but he was too intoxicated to consider it properly.
“Okay, okay, listen to me!” the first bellowed. His two friends snapped to attention, though lazy smiles were on their faces. Their eyes darted around distractedly, but he didn’t mind. “She said – my mum – that we…we just have to climb. We have to climb this wall and…see her for ourselves.”
“I can see her fine from right here,” the other boy commented.
The first sighed. “No, it’s different. I dunno. There’s a rock? I think she said something about a rock – my mum.”
“A rock? She’s a whole giant rock by herself, why would you need a rock?” the girl asked.
The other boy turned to her. “What if you use that rock to make her meld into that rock and then there’s a giant rock and she’s there no longer a rock?”
The girl stared at him. “You make no sense.”
He guffawed at that and the first boy shook his head. He turned back to the castle and tried to find another break in the wall for him to grab.
“What-what are you doing?” the girl asked.
“I’m going to see the angel. Why don’t you…you go find me some rocks, huh? Go find me some big, ol’, hard, heavy, hefty rocks.” He heard them snickering at that but he didn’t turn back. He found a break and began ascending the wall.
He somehow reached the top of the wall. He looked to the angel a few feet away, her back toward him. He walked over to her, suddenly aware of how high up he managed to climb.
“Here, you idiot!” the girl called out.
The boy looked down to his friends and saw a large pile of rocks between them. They each had a rock in their hand. Glancing at each other with stupid grins on their faces, they began hurling the rocks up toward the boy and the statue.
“W-wait,” the boy stammered. “Let me….I’ll come down. Hold on.” He looked down as he took a step and almost lost his balance. He waved his arms in the air until he felt he was stable again.
He heard the sounds of rocks hitting a hard surface and looked to the statue. He saw the rocks his friends were throwing hitting against the statue, ricocheting off of her.
“Guys, stop!” he yelled down, but the rocks kept coming. He turned back to the statue and his eyes widened. Cracks were starting to form over her stony skin. He watched, amazed, as the cracks spread and deepened. He reached out, but he couldn’t stop the stone shell from crumbling and falling away from her.
Before him stood an angel – a living, breathing angel. She had dark hair that whipped around her despite the light wind. Her wings were beautiful, made out of multicolored glass like stained glass portraits one would find in a cathedral.
The boy stepped back, startled. He tried to remember how much he had drunk. He watched as the angel looked down. He was expecting her to turn and look at him, but she didn’t. She stared down. Down at his friends, he realized.
He stepped forward, the theories about the angel whipping through his mind. So many of them were evil. He reached an arm out as she stepped forward, falling down. He heard his friends screaming and he squeezed his eyes shut, praying he would wake up.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
Noooo, I was too late. Darn. Oh well haha.
Noooo, I was too late. Darn. Oh well haha.
~L. Frank Baum
@Mypilot

I don't have a title for it, but it's a sestina. :D

In my misery, I sit alone, swinging from this gentle tree
until the sun paints the sky with pink and purple light
as it touches the hills of distant lands and dives into the sea.
Dusk will call forth the stars, glimmering in the brilliant night.
Endlessly, I fly through the breeze as though I can escape and flee
memories and emotions and cast them away to the branches’ highest heights.

But always as I swing, reaching for those greatest heights
of turmoil that swell through my blood, clinging to the sheltering tree
the birds they sing sweet melodies and harmonies that always flee
my grasp of meaning into the heavens bathed in its blinding light.
An empty swing rests nearby, soaking in the tragic night
that took you from me as you sank with your ship into the sea.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive the cruel and wicked sea
for ripping my heart from my chest just as it was reaching its heights
of life and joy and all that was good on that balmy night
when you laid yourself down next to me under the boughs of the tree
that kept our deepest secrets until the next dawn’s light
when we would rise in fits of laughter and quickly start to flee

those who sought us to keep us apart, who stated I should flee
from any man who sought a profession upon the fickle sea.
But they did not understand how much I needed the brilliant light
that you always brought to me. I watched you sail away from the heights
of the cliffs, as tall and proud as any branches in this lonely tree
where I watched your ship as it disappeared into the calm dark night.

But it was all a trick of subtle cruelty, the moon a sickle in the night
that cut down my love and his ship before it had chance to flee
the storm against which no ship stood chance, even if crafted from the mightiest tree.
The waves tore the hull to pieces and dragged it down to its grave in the sea,
dragged down my love with his ship from the waves highest heights.
The storm roiled and flashed, guiding his soul with its flickering light.

Now I sit beside his spirit, swinging in the sun’s dying light
as the eastern sky darkens, threatening a cold and lonely night.
And sometimes I think I shouldn’t look down, as I want to jump from these heights
to join my love, soul to soul, as on gossamer wings I flee
to cast my anger out over cliffs and into that malicious sea
that left only my lover’s spirit to sit beside me in this tree.

But my devotion shall know great heights; it shall never seek to flee
away from his spirit that comes by night, carrying the scent of the salty sea.
So I shall sit here and wait for the light until I am but bones in the tree.
@Mypilot

I don't have a title for it, but it's a sestina. :D

In my misery, I sit alone, swinging from this gentle tree
until the sun paints the sky with pink and purple light
as it touches the hills of distant lands and dives into the sea.
Dusk will call forth the stars, glimmering in the brilliant night.
Endlessly, I fly through the breeze as though I can escape and flee
memories and emotions and cast them away to the branches’ highest heights.

But always as I swing, reaching for those greatest heights
of turmoil that swell through my blood, clinging to the sheltering tree
the birds they sing sweet melodies and harmonies that always flee
my grasp of meaning into the heavens bathed in its blinding light.
An empty swing rests nearby, soaking in the tragic night
that took you from me as you sank with your ship into the sea.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive the cruel and wicked sea
for ripping my heart from my chest just as it was reaching its heights
of life and joy and all that was good on that balmy night
when you laid yourself down next to me under the boughs of the tree
that kept our deepest secrets until the next dawn’s light
when we would rise in fits of laughter and quickly start to flee

those who sought us to keep us apart, who stated I should flee
from any man who sought a profession upon the fickle sea.
But they did not understand how much I needed the brilliant light
that you always brought to me. I watched you sail away from the heights
of the cliffs, as tall and proud as any branches in this lonely tree
where I watched your ship as it disappeared into the calm dark night.

But it was all a trick of subtle cruelty, the moon a sickle in the night
that cut down my love and his ship before it had chance to flee
the storm against which no ship stood chance, even if crafted from the mightiest tree.
The waves tore the hull to pieces and dragged it down to its grave in the sea,
dragged down my love with his ship from the waves highest heights.
The storm roiled and flashed, guiding his soul with its flickering light.

Now I sit beside his spirit, swinging in the sun’s dying light
as the eastern sky darkens, threatening a cold and lonely night.
And sometimes I think I shouldn’t look down, as I want to jump from these heights
to join my love, soul to soul, as on gossamer wings I flee
to cast my anger out over cliffs and into that malicious sea
that left only my lover’s spirit to sit beside me in this tree.

But my devotion shall know great heights; it shall never seek to flee
away from his spirit that comes by night, carrying the scent of the salty sea.
So I shall sit here and wait for the light until I am but bones in the tree.
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
@coyearth

Sorry that you missed it, but hopefully you can write in a reply for this days prompt. =D If you do, I look forward to reading it, you work is always nice. ^.^
@coyearth

Sorry that you missed it, but hopefully you can write in a reply for this days prompt. =D If you do, I look forward to reading it, you work is always nice. ^.^
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@Mypilot Oh, thank you. :3 I'll try to have something in tomorrow!
@Mypilot Oh, thank you. :3 I'll try to have something in tomorrow!
~L. Frank Baum
So this piece is actually a partner piece to one I wrote earlier, which I will link below. It might make more sense if you read both.... but idk.

The End of Time
Sarah looked out over the vast expanse from her swing high in the colossal tree. Here, in the vast expanse of verdant craggy lowlands, the place that had birthed them, cradled them, and sent them out into a wide wide world. The land had shifted over the eons, of course. Stone had crumbled to dust; dust had given root to blossoms; blossoms had grown into trees. The sun was setting. They were the last.
John looked over at Sarah with a weary smile. They had walked this world as its protectors since the Rapture. They had accepted the sword from Michael, the Avenger. After it transformed to an olive branch at their touch, they had planted it in the ground, becoming their World Tree. There they now sat, as trees turned to stone and crumbled to dust, or fell to dust and turned to stone. Though Sarah wore the veil of youth on her features, a guise of silken skin and silken hair all too familiar. Her eyes were rough with time.
She sighed and leaned into the twine of her swing, turning to John and staring tenderly into his weary eyes. They were the keepers of time: him, yesterday, and her, the morrow. Engaged in a dance that spanned the stars, they had learned how such seemingly insignificant beings could be at the center of such a seemingly cold and uncaring universe. They had sent their children out to the many worlds, till the stars echoed with their song. The echoes carried far into spacetime, weaving its fabric with thread of shadow and bright.
She was tired. Her time was past. There was no more future left to be had. The last reverberations of the song had passed to John, echoing into memory. At the Rapture, the death of the People would have been the death of the Worlds. Now, their time in this old, tired universe was up.
The weary sun slipped below the horizon, and in that moment of darkness, her last breath followed it. John lingered a second longer, taking in her passing. Looking slowly up, he saw the world streaking around him like a watercolor. As it enveloped him, he saw a ring of brilliant and endless light.

Read "The Beginning of Time" here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JoLkK79Aw4IoDMez_M43qNnUlCRKJvJQDrQosvFCcZ0/edit

@Mypilot
So this piece is actually a partner piece to one I wrote earlier, which I will link below. It might make more sense if you read both.... but idk.

The End of Time
Sarah looked out over the vast expanse from her swing high in the colossal tree. Here, in the vast expanse of verdant craggy lowlands, the place that had birthed them, cradled them, and sent them out into a wide wide world. The land had shifted over the eons, of course. Stone had crumbled to dust; dust had given root to blossoms; blossoms had grown into trees. The sun was setting. They were the last.
John looked over at Sarah with a weary smile. They had walked this world as its protectors since the Rapture. They had accepted the sword from Michael, the Avenger. After it transformed to an olive branch at their touch, they had planted it in the ground, becoming their World Tree. There they now sat, as trees turned to stone and crumbled to dust, or fell to dust and turned to stone. Though Sarah wore the veil of youth on her features, a guise of silken skin and silken hair all too familiar. Her eyes were rough with time.
She sighed and leaned into the twine of her swing, turning to John and staring tenderly into his weary eyes. They were the keepers of time: him, yesterday, and her, the morrow. Engaged in a dance that spanned the stars, they had learned how such seemingly insignificant beings could be at the center of such a seemingly cold and uncaring universe. They had sent their children out to the many worlds, till the stars echoed with their song. The echoes carried far into spacetime, weaving its fabric with thread of shadow and bright.
She was tired. Her time was past. There was no more future left to be had. The last reverberations of the song had passed to John, echoing into memory. At the Rapture, the death of the People would have been the death of the Worlds. Now, their time in this old, tired universe was up.
The weary sun slipped below the horizon, and in that moment of darkness, her last breath followed it. John lingered a second longer, taking in her passing. Looking slowly up, he saw the world streaking around him like a watercolor. As it enveloped him, he saw a ring of brilliant and endless light.

Read "The Beginning of Time" here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JoLkK79Aw4IoDMez_M43qNnUlCRKJvJQDrQosvFCcZ0/edit

@Mypilot
@Mypilot

The sun had always wanted its warmth to dance upon the world, but it was too far away for it to walk. It could imagine how beautiful everything would look, basked in its light. The thought haunted the sun, and soon it began to feel lonely where it never had before. One day, the sadness grew too much, and it ripped out its own eyes, so that it would not have to look upon the dark world any longer.

The sun's eyes hovered before it for a moment, and then they shaped themselves into two small children. Suddenly the sun could see once more, and it began to weep, because it feared that it would never escape the sight of the poor, dark world.

The children rode the sun's tears towards the dark world, and when they touched its surface, they began to glow with the sun's light and warmth, for they were the eyes of the sun.

Everywhere they looked the light spread to touch. With each step they took, grass began to grow, reaching for their warmth. Trees sprouted and creeks trickled into life under their gaze. The children wandered the dark world, until it was a thing of beauty and life, and the sun could smile again.

The dark world woke up and came to life, and it smiled back at the sun and reached out for it. Together the two began to dance through time, and the eyes of the sun returned to it, so that it might always be joyous with its new friend.
@Mypilot

The sun had always wanted its warmth to dance upon the world, but it was too far away for it to walk. It could imagine how beautiful everything would look, basked in its light. The thought haunted the sun, and soon it began to feel lonely where it never had before. One day, the sadness grew too much, and it ripped out its own eyes, so that it would not have to look upon the dark world any longer.

The sun's eyes hovered before it for a moment, and then they shaped themselves into two small children. Suddenly the sun could see once more, and it began to weep, because it feared that it would never escape the sight of the poor, dark world.

The children rode the sun's tears towards the dark world, and when they touched its surface, they began to glow with the sun's light and warmth, for they were the eyes of the sun.

Everywhere they looked the light spread to touch. With each step they took, grass began to grow, reaching for their warmth. Trees sprouted and creeks trickled into life under their gaze. The children wandered the dark world, until it was a thing of beauty and life, and the sun could smile again.

The dark world woke up and came to life, and it smiled back at the sun and reached out for it. Together the two began to dance through time, and the eyes of the sun returned to it, so that it might always be joyous with its new friend.
DmRdZYl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92