Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 247 248
@Moonsong48
Oh, I didn't notice that, thanks! Congrats on 500 forum posts ^w^
And I payed 5kt and a piece of apparel. Like, citrine teardrop earrings apparel, not black aviator jacket apparel (I wish I had one of those though). Not everything I buy is as expensive as that double ivory imperial XD They accept as low a price as 5000, so you'll be fine.Also, they do GIF's and stuff. I have a really cool cat one in my clan info. You should check it out :P
@Moonsong48
Oh, I didn't notice that, thanks! Congrats on 500 forum posts ^w^
And I payed 5kt and a piece of apparel. Like, citrine teardrop earrings apparel, not black aviator jacket apparel (I wish I had one of those though). Not everything I buy is as expensive as that double ivory imperial XD They accept as low a price as 5000, so you'll be fine.Also, they do GIF's and stuff. I have a really cool cat one in my clan info. You should check it out :P
@Aetherstorm I just found a place that sells those for 2kt, so I think I'd go with that. But thank you! :)

And woah this does make it 500 :0 I hadn't noticed!
@Aetherstorm I just found a place that sells those for 2kt, so I think I'd go with that. But thank you! :)

And woah this does make it 500 :0 I hadn't noticed!
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Aetherstorm
Just wanted to say how much I love this so far!! Opal is an adorable little fluffball ^^
@Aetherstorm
Just wanted to say how much I love this so far!! Opal is an adorable little fluffball ^^
CXfN6hb.png
@Moon314
Thank you!!!!! >w<
@Moon314
Thank you!!!!! >w<
[center][item=winged barb] (Okay, at least this is more interesting than usual. But it's insects again. I'll be doing coli with Janus, Opal, and Zaffer, apparently!) [b]Day 8:[/b] Jade was scratching a badly drawn map of the Windswept Plateau in the patch of dirt before her. [b]"We're somewhere here, see?"[/b] Jade said, circling the dip of land that spaced apart the Zephyr Stepped and Reedcleft Ascent. [b]"What's that?"[/b] Zaffer asked, pointing to the big, blobby spiral that was supposed to resemble the Twisting Crescendo. He, Opal, and Janus were clustered around Jade, while Poseidon took the day of hunting and gathering for himself. [b]"That's the Twisting Crescendo."[/b] Jade said with a smile. [b]"Some dragons call it a vortex, and other call it things like a tornado or storm, but it's far more powerful that either of those."[/b] Janus peered closely at it, but that probably did little to clear his confusion. [b]"What makes you say that?"[/b] He asked. [b]"The Twisting Crescendo is rumored to have started way back in the first age, created when the Windsinger and Tidelord were fighting over dominance during the reign of the first four."[/b] She rehearsed, almost from memory. Learning the ancient myths of her flight were Jade's favorite part of her hatchling-hood. [b]"That was also how the Stormcatcher was created, when the collision of wind and water brought forth a storm. But that is little matter to us."[/b] Jade said hurriedly, before she could be swept up in explaining the legends of the first age to Opal and Zaffer. [b]"We're trying to look for places where we might be able to set up a new camp in the future."[/b] She reminded everyone. Opal nodded and made a big deal of looking speculative as she leaned over the drawing, blocking most if the map from view. Before Jade could nudge her back a little big, Opal exploded into [b]"OOOOH! What's [i]that[/i]?"[/b] She jabbed claw at the poorly doodled drawing of The Cloudsong, which resembled a zigzaggy worm with spirals on it. [b]"That's supposed to be The Cloudsong, Opal."[/b] Jade said with a chuckle, settling Opal back into a sitting position. [b]"That's where the Windsinger lives when he's not exploring the rest of Sornieth."[/b] Both Opal and Zaffers eyes nearly grew to the size of Cindershroom tops. [b]"The Windsinger lives there."[/b] Zaffer murmured. Opal was concerned about other things though. [b]"What does he look like?"[/b] She asked. [b]"Mommy once told me that the dragon gods look like the species native to their domain."[/b] [b]"More like the other way around."[/b] Jade said. [b]"And the Windsinger kind of looks like Janus and I do."[/b] She said. Opal blinked, thinking. [b]"So. . . like a snake-noodle!"[/b] She said enthusiastically. Janus hid his laughter behind a fit of coughing. Even Jade couldn't suppress a giggle. [b]"Not really."[/b] Janus said to Opal with a wink at Jade. [b]"But you're close enough."[/b] [b]"What about here?"[/b] Zaffer cut in, pointing to the edge of the Windswept Plateau where it came in contact with the border of The Ashfall Waste. [b]"That might work."[/b] Jade said, wrinkling her nose in thought. [b]"We'd be awfully close to the Blacksand Annex."[/b] Janus jumped in at this. [b]"Really?"[/b] He asked. [b]"I thought there is a decent span of rock and lava pools before the Annex."[/b] Jade nodded. [b]"Right, but it would still be dangerous for us to get so close to the Flamecaller's realm in general."[/b] She said nervously. [b]"It can be awfully hot around there, and the Blacksand Annex can be inexplicably dangerous from time to time, and they are quite close to the Great Furnace, so it might be best if he didn't stray to far over East."[/b] Zaffer's wings drooped after Jade finished speaking, so she hurriedly looked for something positive to say. [b]"But the area further down, closer to the Twisting Crescendo would be great!"[/b] She said. [b]"We'd also have a good view of the ocean there."[/b] Zaffer seemed to brighten up at this, but didn't make it too obvious. [b]"Like the big ocean with lots of fishes and reefs?"[/b] Opal asked curiously. [b]"I saw it on my way here. It was really shiny during the day."[/b] Jade shook her head. [b]"That was a sea, Opal." Jade told her. "The Sea of a Thousand Currents, to be precise. It's the domain of the Tidelord and the water clans."[/b] [b]"Are we a clan?"[/b] Opal asked, an undercurrent of sincerity underneath her contagious cheerfulness. Jade thought over it for a moment. They were awfully small for a clan. they had Poseidon as their caretaker and protecter. Somewhat their founder, if it made sense. They had Opal, Zaffer, and Jade, along with Janus who had just flown in on accident. What did that make them? [b]"Somewhat."[/b] Jade said, deciding to settle on an answer that wasn't too confusing. [b]"We aren't big and commutative like those clans with cooks or specially trained warriors. But I think we have an awesome life anyways."[/b] She added, grinning broadly. Opal grinned back, her tail flipping out behind her, which happened whenever she was excited. The familiar rustling of bamboo reached Jade's ears, and Opal reared up excitedly, flaring her wings. [b]"I hope he brought Zephyr Sparrows this time!"[/b] She said. Then erratically started tugging of Zaffer's tail. "You'll like them, too! Hurry up Poseidon!" She called, racing towards the cobalt blue coatl as he entered the clearing. [b]"She's seriously like this all the time?"[/b] Janus asked, the amused twinkle having returned to his eyes. Jade sighed, mostly with the usual happiness that was provoked my Opal's actions. [b]"Yep."[/b] She said. She stole a glance at Janus. [b]"Haven't the past couple days told you as much?"[/b] She asked teasingly. Janus shrugged. [b]"I wanted to ask you to make sure."[/b] He said, along with his trademark wink. Jade felt heat rush into her scales again. [b]"You won't have to doubt that anymore."[/b] She said, trying to keep her cool. [b]"Now why don't we see what Poseidon brought back this time?"[/b] She recommended. Janus squinted at the coatl crowded by two younger dragons. [b]"Based on how Opal is freaking out, I'm pretty sure he got those sparrows."[/b] Janus joked. Jade smiled unwillingly. [b]"I'm going to go find out for sure."[/b] She said, stepping forward. [b]"Care top join me?"[/b] Janus smiled sweetly. [b]"Of course I would."[/b] He said, sliding up to get side.[/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual I'd say Opal and Zaffer are around the 10 year old phase right now ^w^ Also, I've decided to open a receiving-donations thingie!!! I'll be stepping up my coli playing to the next level, and I have literally 0 potions and no gems I'm not saving up for something, so I'd appreciate any minor health potion you guys could send me! OPAL NEARLY DIED!!! [u][size=4]Click here if you love Wind![/size][/u] Especially if you're not in Wind :P[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2255662][img]http://i.imgur.com/N9Xj1g9.png[/img][/url] [right](Thank you @Moonsong48 for having this in your siggy!)[/right]

(Okay, at least this is more interesting than usual. But it's insects again. I'll be doing coli with Janus, Opal, and Zaffer, apparently!)

Day 8:
Jade was scratching a badly drawn map of the Windswept Plateau in the patch of dirt before her. "We're somewhere here, see?" Jade said, circling the dip of land that spaced apart the Zephyr Stepped and Reedcleft Ascent. "What's that?" Zaffer asked, pointing to the big, blobby spiral that was supposed to resemble the Twisting Crescendo. He, Opal, and Janus were clustered around Jade, while Poseidon took the day of hunting and gathering for himself.

"That's the Twisting Crescendo." Jade said with a smile. "Some dragons call it a vortex, and other call it things like a tornado or storm, but it's far more powerful that either of those." Janus peered closely at it, but that probably did little to clear his confusion. "What makes you say that?" He asked.

"The Twisting Crescendo is rumored to have started way back in the first age, created when the Windsinger and Tidelord were fighting over dominance during the reign of the first four." She rehearsed, almost from memory. Learning the ancient myths of her flight were Jade's favorite part of her hatchling-hood. "That was also how the Stormcatcher was created, when the collision of wind and water brought forth a storm. But that is little matter to us." Jade said hurriedly, before she could be swept up in explaining the legends of the first age to Opal and Zaffer.

"We're trying to look for places where we might be able to set up a new camp in the future." She reminded everyone. Opal nodded and made a big deal of looking speculative as she leaned over the drawing, blocking most if the map from view. Before Jade could nudge her back a little big, Opal exploded into "OOOOH! What's that?" She jabbed claw at the poorly doodled drawing of The Cloudsong, which resembled a zigzaggy worm with spirals on it.

"That's supposed to be The Cloudsong, Opal." Jade said with a chuckle, settling Opal back into a sitting position. "That's where the Windsinger lives when he's not exploring the rest of Sornieth." Both Opal and Zaffers eyes nearly grew to the size of Cindershroom tops. "The Windsinger lives there." Zaffer murmured. Opal was concerned about other things though. "What does he look like?" She asked. "Mommy once told me that the dragon gods look like the species native to their domain."

"More like the other way around." Jade said. "And the Windsinger kind of looks like Janus and I do." She said. Opal blinked, thinking. "So. . . like a snake-noodle!" She said enthusiastically. Janus hid his laughter behind a fit of coughing. Even Jade couldn't suppress a giggle. "Not really." Janus said to Opal with a wink at Jade. "But you're close enough."

"What about here?" Zaffer cut in, pointing to the edge of the Windswept Plateau where it came in contact with the border of The Ashfall Waste. "That might work." Jade said, wrinkling her nose in thought. "We'd be awfully close to the Blacksand Annex." Janus jumped in at this. "Really?" He asked. "I thought there is a decent span of rock and lava pools before the Annex."

Jade nodded. "Right, but it would still be dangerous for us to get so close to the Flamecaller's realm in general." She said nervously. "It can be awfully hot around there, and the Blacksand Annex can be inexplicably dangerous from time to time, and they are quite close to the Great Furnace, so it might be best if he didn't stray to far over East."

Zaffer's wings drooped after Jade finished speaking, so she hurriedly looked for something positive to say. "But the area further down, closer to the Twisting Crescendo would be great!" She said. "We'd also have a good view of the ocean there." Zaffer seemed to brighten up at this, but didn't make it too obvious.

"Like the big ocean with lots of fishes and reefs?" Opal asked curiously. "I saw it on my way here. It was really shiny during the day." Jade shook her head. "That was a sea, Opal."
Jade told her. "The Sea of a Thousand Currents, to be precise. It's the domain of the Tidelord and the water clans."

"Are we a clan?" Opal asked, an undercurrent of sincerity underneath her contagious cheerfulness. Jade thought over it for a moment. They were awfully small for a clan. they had Poseidon as their caretaker and protecter. Somewhat their founder, if it made sense. They had Opal, Zaffer, and Jade, along with Janus who had just flown in on accident. What did that make them?

"Somewhat." Jade said, deciding to settle on an answer that wasn't too confusing. "We aren't big and commutative like those clans with cooks or specially trained warriors. But I think we have an awesome life anyways." She added, grinning broadly. Opal grinned back, her tail flipping out behind her, which happened whenever she was excited.

The familiar rustling of bamboo reached Jade's ears, and Opal reared up excitedly, flaring her wings. "I hope he brought Zephyr Sparrows this time!" She said. Then erratically started tugging of Zaffer's tail. "You'll like them, too! Hurry up Poseidon!" She called, racing towards the cobalt blue coatl as he entered the clearing.

"She's seriously like this all the time?" Janus asked, the amused twinkle having returned to his eyes. Jade sighed, mostly with the usual happiness that was provoked my Opal's actions. "Yep." She said. She stole a glance at Janus. "Haven't the past couple days told you as much?" She asked teasingly. Janus shrugged. "I wanted to ask you to make sure." He said, along with his trademark wink.

Jade felt heat rush into her scales again. "You won't have to doubt that anymore." She said, trying to keep her cool. "Now why don't we see what Poseidon brought back this time?" She recommended. Janus squinted at the coatl crowded by two younger dragons. "Based on how Opal is freaking out, I'm pretty sure he got those sparrows." Janus joked. Jade smiled unwillingly. "I'm going to go find out for sure." She said, stepping forward. "Care top join me?" Janus smiled sweetly. "Of course I would." He said, sliding up to get side.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual
I'd say Opal and Zaffer are around the 10 year old phase right now ^w^
Also, I've decided to open a receiving-donations thingie!!! I'll be stepping up my coli playing to the next level, and I have literally 0 potions and no gems I'm not saving up for something, so I'd appreciate any minor health potion you guys could send me! OPAL NEARLY DIED!!!

Click here if you love Wind! Especially if you're not in Wind :PN9Xj1g9.png
(Thank you @Moonsong48 for having this in your siggy!)
@Aetherstorm SNAKE NOODLE :0 THE WINDSINGER IS A SNAKE NOODLE

And I'll send one over! <3
@Aetherstorm SNAKE NOODLE :0 THE WINDSINGER IS A SNAKE NOODLE

And I'll send one over! <3
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
Consider it an apology for the last update ^w^

And thank you! I really appreciate it :D
@Moonsong48
Consider it an apology for the last update ^w^

And thank you! I really appreciate it :D
ahhhh, this is a great pinkerlocke! :D looking forward to the next update. opal is so cute ^^
ahhhh, this is a great pinkerlocke! :D looking forward to the next update. opal is so cute ^^
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif GujcHUG.png WritersPlaceAnimation_zps38syryfz.gif
@Firedawn
I'll add you to the pinglist!!! Also remember that cringey thing I mentioned? Here is is: ALL HAIL MATHERNOODLE!!!!!
@Firedawn
I'll add you to the pinglist!!! Also remember that cringey thing I mentioned? Here is is: ALL HAIL MATHERNOODLE!!!!!
xD MATHERNOODLE SHALL RISE! And thank you! :D
xD MATHERNOODLE SHALL RISE! And thank you! :D
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif GujcHUG.png WritersPlaceAnimation_zps38syryfz.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 247 248