Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm
Poseidon I love you <3

"That's where she met her shiny friend Zaffer. Opal was immediately interested and wanted to become friends, as even she knew a little hatchling like her didn't want to be alone in a big world. They slept together that night, and the next morning, a giant flying snake (or so Opal has said) named Jade popped up. They are now living as a makeshift family, along with a shiny blue coatl named Poseidon and a giant purple noodle named Janus."

But dang Opal I love you too
@Aetherstorm
Poseidon I love you <3

"That's where she met her shiny friend Zaffer. Opal was immediately interested and wanted to become friends, as even she knew a little hatchling like her didn't want to be alone in a big world. They slept together that night, and the next morning, a giant flying snake (or so Opal has said) named Jade popped up. They are now living as a makeshift family, along with a shiny blue coatl named Poseidon and a giant purple noodle named Janus."

But dang Opal I love you too
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
YAY!!! XD I'm glad you love Poseidon's story, and I was sure to have Opal put in something about a giant purple noodle ;)
@Moonsong48
YAY!!! XD I'm glad you love Poseidon's story, and I was sure to have Opal put in something about a giant purple noodle ;)
Also AAAAAA "He has also found friendship with the other spiral that lives alongside them (though secretly hopes for more)" the jade x janus is real
Also AAAAAA "He has also found friendship with the other spiral that lives alongside them (though secretly hopes for more)" the jade x janus is real
[center][item=bonepriest venom] (Material [i]again[/i]? Pinkerton, geez, make my life less boring please. [u][b]WARNING:[/b] They will be hunting today, so if you don't like little meat items getting killed I suggest you don't read this update![/u]) [b]Day 7:[/b] [b]"When's he going to jump?"[/b] Opal asked in a loud whisper that carried easily in the morning breeze. [b]"Soon, Opal."[/b] Jade reassured her quietly. [b]"But you need to be quiet now, okay?"[/b] Opal nodded, her green eyes wide in anticipation. Before them, Poseidon crouched low to the ground, hiding in the shadow of a cluster of bamboo so that the sun wouldn't get reflected off of his shiny scales. At least ten feet away from them was a Cottontail Rabbit, nibbling on the plentiful sweet grass that grew around the area. Not so long ago, Poseidon had brought back a Sun-flecked Fieldmouse along with the usual insects and shrubbery. Jade and Janus both agreed to let Opal have it, and she was delighted to have a genuine taste of meat. She had then begged Poseidon and Jade to teach her how to hunt, so that she could catch more meat for them. Poseidon crouched low to the ground, narrowing his beady, light blue stare at the rabbit wandering ahead of them. In a sudden blur of blue feathers, Poseidon twisting into the air, nosediving at the rabbit. He thudded down on the grass behind it and pinned it down before the Cottontail had any time to react. After a flash of claws, it lay still. Opal took this as a sign they didn't have to be quiet anymore, and the leaped out of their hiding spot, gliding over to where Poseidon stood with his prey with minimal clumsiness. [b]"That was fast!"[/b] Opal said, amazed. Poseidon smiled down at her. [b]"One day you'll be doing that with your wings tied behind you back."[/b] He said. [b]"As long as you practice every day."[/b] [b]"Can I practice now?"[/b] Opal asked, spreading her crystal wings. [b]"Of course you can."[/b] Poseidon said. Opal beamed, but her smile was stopped short with a flicker of concern. [b]"What about Zaffer?"[/b] Opal asked. [b]"He's still gathering with Janus."[/b] Poseidon reminded her, though Jade could still tell he was worried about leaving Zaffer alone with the new spiral. [b]"I'm sure he can learn later."[/b] The three of them wandered around the edge of the Zephyr Steppes for a little bit, making sure not to stray too far from camp, until they found a few half-asleep balsas anole conveniently slumbering in a patch of open sunlight. Easy pickings for beginner hunters. Their little hides where a still yellow, where their legs paws were a dark blue. [i]Must mean calm and sleepy.[/i] Jade thought, remembering that balsas anoles changed their color depending on their moon. Opal watched them with bright eyes, her little ears behind her horns perking instinctively. [b]"Okay, Opal, remember what I did?"[/b] Poseidon asked, their meat put gently down by his feet. Opal nodded erratically [b]"Yeah! You jumped then did a flip-thingie, then you landed and then you were, like, SLASH SLASH and stuff!"[/b] She said enthusiastically, mildly mimicking his moves. [b]"Well, not quite like that."[/b] Poseidon said, giving her a funny look. [b]"All you need to do now is quietly sneak up on those Anoles and pin one down. That's it."[/b] Opal looked slightly disappointed at this, but her excitement about hunting outweighed it easily. [b]"Okay."[/b] She said, crouching so low to the ground on all fours the scales on her belly skimmed the grass. [b]"Make sure you can still maneuver easily."[/b] Poseidon reminded her, poking Opal's nose. Opal quickly shifted her position and slunk off towards the sunbathing lizards. Jade held her breath as Opal crept closer to the Anoles, none of them even flinching as the young dragon got closer. Jade was quite surprised to see how quiet Opal was. Not only was she not talking out loud or coming up with absurd battle cries,Jade had to strain her ears to hear even the lightest sound of Opal's talons falling against the grass. [b]"Don't get to close Opal."[/b] Jade said in a faintest whisper to herself, holding her breath. Opal seemed to slow by the Anoles, crouching lower to the ground. . . and leaped. It was so wild and unexpected, even for a dragon who had been anticipating the very moment. The Anoles bolted as opal's shadow fell over them, but several weren't quick enough. Opal's talons came down on two, killing one with the impact, while her tail accidentally flopped over another one trying to escape. Opal wasn't as tiny a hatchling as she was when Jade found her. She had been growing stronger and bigger ever since, so those she trapped didn't stand a chance. Poseidon and Jade rushed over to Opal, who was grinning so excitedly her teeth might as well have fallen out. Poseidon quickly ended the remaining anoles and collected them up along with the rabbit he had caught before. [b]"Did I do good?"[/b] Opal asked, bounding around Jade and Poseidon as they only just began to walk home. Jade laughed and tapped Opal on the nose. [b]"Yes you did."[/b] She said with a warm smile. [b]"You are a very skilled little Nocturne."[/b] Opal giggled, fluttering a few steps ahead of them. [b]"I'm not little anymore, though."[/b] She said, looking up at the beautiful blue sky thoughtfully. [b]"Maybe not."[/b] Jade replied, walking up beside her. [b]"But you are still young. And very talented."[/b] Opal smiled again. [b]"Thank you, Jade."[/b] She said, sounding quite sincere for a dragon her age. [b]"I'm pretty sure I have to thank you and Zaffer for a lot more."[/b] Jade said, more to herself than anyone.[/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual Yes, I don't know the difference between lizards and anoles ^^' Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that I really enjoy it when you guys leave comments about my writing. Even if you just don't like posting or don't know what to write or whatever, I just wanted to let you guys know ^w^

(Material again? Pinkerton, geez, make my life less boring please.
WARNING: They will be hunting today, so if you don't like little meat items getting killed I suggest you don't read this update!)

Day 7:
"When's he going to jump?" Opal asked in a loud whisper that carried easily in the morning breeze. "Soon, Opal." Jade reassured her quietly. "But you need to be quiet now, okay?" Opal nodded, her green eyes wide in anticipation. Before them, Poseidon crouched low to the ground, hiding in the shadow of a cluster of bamboo so that the sun wouldn't get reflected off of his shiny scales.

At least ten feet away from them was a Cottontail Rabbit, nibbling on the plentiful sweet grass that grew around the area. Not so long ago, Poseidon had brought back a Sun-flecked Fieldmouse along with the usual insects and shrubbery. Jade and Janus both agreed to let Opal have it, and she was delighted to have a genuine taste of meat. She had then begged Poseidon and Jade to teach her how to hunt, so that she could catch more meat for them.

Poseidon crouched low to the ground, narrowing his beady, light blue stare at the rabbit wandering ahead of them. In a sudden blur of blue feathers, Poseidon twisting into the air, nosediving at the rabbit. He thudded down on the grass behind it and pinned it down before the Cottontail had any time to react. After a flash of claws, it lay still.

Opal took this as a sign they didn't have to be quiet anymore, and the leaped out of their hiding spot, gliding over to where Poseidon stood with his prey with minimal clumsiness. "That was fast!" Opal said, amazed. Poseidon smiled down at her. "One day you'll be doing that with your wings tied behind you back." He said. "As long as you practice every day."

"Can I practice now?" Opal asked, spreading her crystal wings. "Of course you can." Poseidon said. Opal beamed, but her smile was stopped short with a flicker of concern. "What about Zaffer?" Opal asked. "He's still gathering with Janus." Poseidon reminded her, though Jade could still tell he was worried about leaving Zaffer alone with the new spiral. "I'm sure he can learn later."

The three of them wandered around the edge of the Zephyr Steppes for a little bit, making sure not to stray too far from camp, until they found a few half-asleep balsas anole conveniently slumbering in a patch of open sunlight. Easy pickings for beginner hunters. Their little hides where a still yellow, where their legs paws were a dark blue. Must mean calm and sleepy. Jade thought, remembering that balsas anoles changed their color depending on their moon. Opal watched them with bright eyes, her little ears behind her horns perking instinctively.

"Okay, Opal, remember what I did?" Poseidon asked, their meat put gently down by his feet. Opal nodded erratically "Yeah! You jumped then did a flip-thingie, then you landed and then you were, like, SLASH SLASH and stuff!" She said enthusiastically, mildly mimicking his moves.

"Well, not quite like that." Poseidon said, giving her a funny look. "All you need to do now is quietly sneak up on those Anoles and pin one down. That's it." Opal looked slightly disappointed at this, but her excitement about hunting outweighed it easily. "Okay." She said, crouching so low to the ground on all fours the scales on her belly skimmed the grass. "Make sure you can still maneuver easily." Poseidon reminded her, poking Opal's nose. Opal quickly shifted her position and slunk off towards the sunbathing lizards.

Jade held her breath as Opal crept closer to the Anoles, none of them even flinching as the young dragon got closer. Jade was quite surprised to see how quiet Opal was. Not only was she not talking out loud or coming up with absurd battle cries,Jade had to strain her ears to hear even the lightest sound of Opal's talons falling against the grass.

"Don't get to close Opal." Jade said in a faintest whisper to herself, holding her breath. Opal seemed to slow by the Anoles, crouching lower to the ground. . . and leaped. It was so wild and unexpected, even for a dragon who had been anticipating the very moment. The Anoles bolted as opal's shadow fell over them, but several weren't quick enough.

Opal's talons came down on two, killing one with the impact, while her tail accidentally flopped over another one trying to escape. Opal wasn't as tiny a hatchling as she was when Jade found her. She had been growing stronger and bigger ever since, so those she trapped didn't stand a chance. Poseidon and Jade rushed over to Opal, who was grinning so excitedly her teeth might as well have fallen out. Poseidon quickly ended the remaining anoles and collected them up along with the rabbit he had caught before.

"Did I do good?" Opal asked, bounding around Jade and Poseidon as they only just began to walk home. Jade laughed and tapped Opal on the nose. "Yes you did." She said with a warm smile. "You are a very skilled little Nocturne." Opal giggled, fluttering a few steps ahead of them. "I'm not little anymore, though." She said, looking up at the beautiful blue sky thoughtfully. "Maybe not." Jade replied, walking up beside her. "But you are still young. And very talented." Opal smiled again. "Thank you, Jade." She said, sounding quite sincere for a dragon her age. "I'm pretty sure I have to thank you and Zaffer for a lot more." Jade said, more to herself than anyone.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual
Yes, I don't know the difference between lizards and anoles ^^'
Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that I really enjoy it when you guys leave comments about my writing. Even if you just don't like posting or don't know what to write or whatever, I just wanted to let you guys know ^w^
@Aetherstorm OH MY GOSH OPAL IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!
@Aetherstorm OH MY GOSH OPAL IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!
3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngb1_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y3d.png2_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4u0.png
@Aetherstorm Oh wow... I don't mind meat items getting killed unless it's a Cottontail Rabbit, because I adore those ;w;

Ah well. You didn't put too much detail about the death, so it's fine.

Anyways, lovely writing as always! "Yeah! You jumped then did a flip-thingie, then you landed and then you were, like, SLASH SLASH and stuff!" XD

Opal and Poseidon are the bestest of the best :) although I love Zaffer (and his little sparrowmouse! :o), Giant Flying Snake, and Giant Purple Noodle too! <3
@Aetherstorm Oh wow... I don't mind meat items getting killed unless it's a Cottontail Rabbit, because I adore those ;w;

Ah well. You didn't put too much detail about the death, so it's fine.

Anyways, lovely writing as always! "Yeah! You jumped then did a flip-thingie, then you landed and then you were, like, SLASH SLASH and stuff!" XD

Opal and Poseidon are the bestest of the best :) although I love Zaffer (and his little sparrowmouse! :o), Giant Flying Snake, and Giant Purple Noodle too! <3
@CleverDual Thank you >w< @Moonsong48 Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! :'( I seriously didn't know. I'll be sure to avoid those in the future, and make sure that the dragons respect it. . . somehow in the next update. [s]My cousins have a bunny.[/s] [quote name="Moonsong48" date=2017-08-17 19:44:25] Opal and Poseidon are the bestest of the best :) although I love Zaffer (and his little sparrowmouse! :o), Giant Flying Snake, and Giant Purple Noodle too! <3 [/quote] Yaaaas XD I love that sentence! It's nice how quickly the dragons are growing on everybody :D
@CleverDual
Thank you >w<

@Moonsong48
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! :'( I seriously didn't know. I'll be sure to avoid those in the future, and make sure that the dragons respect it. . . somehow in the next update. My cousins have a bunny.

Moonsong48 wrote on 2017-08-17:
Yaaaas XD I love that sentence! It's nice how quickly the dragons are growing on everybody :D
@Aetherstorm Nah, it's fine. And they grown on us because you write them so well! :D

Also, love the new sig! Clever advertising XD
@Aetherstorm Nah, it's fine. And they grown on us because you write them so well! :D

Also, love the new sig! Clever advertising XD
@Moonsong48
Thanks! Here is the link, in case you want one yourself:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2097633/65#post_28931378
(They're really cheap ^w^)
@Moonsong48
Thanks! Here is the link, in case you want one yourself:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2097633/65#post_28931378
(They're really cheap ^w^)
@Aetherstorm Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out when I can! ^^ How much did you pay for yours? (Also, nice job with 1000 forum posts! ^w^)
@Aetherstorm Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out when I can! ^^ How much did you pay for yours? (Also, nice job with 1000 forum posts! ^w^)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 247 248