Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm I love this so far! Could I be added to the pinglist?
@Aetherstorm I love this so far! Could I be added to the pinglist?
CXfN6hb.png
@Moon314
Sure! I'm glad you like it :)
@Moon314
Sure! I'm glad you like it :)
@WildRose42
Sure!!! That'd be super awesome, thank you! I don't need any dragons at the moment, but I'm glad I could turn to you if I ever needed any on the future ^w^
@WildRose42
Sure!!! That'd be super awesome, thank you! I don't need any dragons at the moment, but I'm glad I could turn to you if I ever needed any on the future ^w^
@Aetherstorm this is so good!!! I love your writing!! I have a few questions for you! Firstly, can I be added to the pong list? Second, would you be alright if I recommended you on my 'book'? It's the story of my lair, and even though I don't have a lot of readers as of yet, I'd love to recommend you! (Also, pardon the self-promotion, but the link to my book is in my signature) Once again, I have to say that you are an amazing writer!!
@Aetherstorm this is so good!!! I love your writing!! I have a few questions for you! Firstly, can I be added to the pong list? Second, would you be alright if I recommended you on my 'book'? It's the story of my lair, and even though I don't have a lot of readers as of yet, I'd love to recommend you! (Also, pardon the self-promotion, but the link to my book is in my signature) Once again, I have to say that you are an amazing writer!!
3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngb1_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y3d.png2_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4u0.png
@CleverDual
Of course to both your questions! I'm glad you like my writing, and don't worry about the self-promotion. I do it myself sometimes ^w^
@CleverDual
Of course to both your questions! I'm glad you like my writing, and don't worry about the self-promotion. I do it myself sometimes ^w^
@Aetherstorm awesome!! I'll get the promo up asap. Do you want to write a little summary of it, or should I??
@Aetherstorm awesome!! I'll get the promo up asap. Do you want to write a little summary of it, or should I??
3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngb1_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y3d.png2_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4u0.png
@CleverDual
Whatever you would like! We are talking about your book, right?
@CleverDual
Whatever you would like! We are talking about your book, right?
@Aetherstorm A summary of your Pinkerlocke for the recommended section of my book. If you want to write a short summary of your Pinkerlocke, that would be ideal! Thanks!
@Aetherstorm A summary of your Pinkerlocke for the recommended section of my book. If you want to write a short summary of your Pinkerlocke, that would be ideal! Thanks!
@CleverDual
That's a great idea! Good Luck :D
@CleverDual
That's a great idea! Good Luck :D
[center][item=clown charger fin][item=extinguished jackalope pelt] (Two writing? I guess I'll be doing bios today :D) [b]Bio Day:[/b] [quote name="Jade" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] [b]Jade:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34555930] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/345560/34555930_350.png[/img] [/url] Jade used to be part of a clan like any other dragon in the Windswept Plateau. Learning how to build kites, and eagerly awaiting the time when the hunters arrived, she led a happy life as a hatchling. But one day, her clan was attacked by vicious harpies, swooping down in the dark of night upon her clan mates. The battle was rough, most of which Jade does not remember, only the sounds of distressed dragon filling the air and sharp claws as they tore through scales. Jade's mother sacrificed her life for her hatchling, throwing herself in the way of a diving harpy to spare Jade's life. Her last words were urging Jade to escape, as the little green spiral did, only for her mother's death to not have been in vain. She spent many months after than aimlessly wandering the Plateau, the joyful soul a spiral usually carried carved out of her. Her body was only a numb cocoon. One day, though, she found two little hatchings hiding in a forest, having run away from their tribes for different reasons, and bearing happiness that Jade had lost. The happiness began to spill back into Jade's body, as after each horrible joke, squeaky laughter, or amusing argument they had, Jade brightened along with them, and is now on a better path for her life. [/quote] [quote name="Zaffer" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] [b]Zaffer:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34915706&skin=0&apparel=17910,428,17901&xt=dressing.png[/img] As a very young hatchling, Zaffer was cast out of his tribe for bearing more lethal, powerful magic than any dragon in his Arcane clan ever had. Either by jealousy, hostility, or wariness, the dragon of his tribe did not take kindly to him after the nature of his power was exposed, and even his parents grouped together to throw him out of the tribe. If Zaffer had been an older, more ambitious dragon, this may not have worked, but the Imperial was still young and ashamed of him ability, so he left quietly. Trying to find out how to survive, Zaffer ran into a territorial Bamboo Phytocat, which promptly chased Zaffer away from it's home and into a bamboo forest. There he found a shiny little Nocturne named Opal, who claimed to be running from her family because they didn't care about her enough. They slept huddled together that night, using each others warmth to say warm. The next morning, everything was fine, but Zaffer was still downcast as the betrayal of his clan. That was where Jade popped up, scaring the daylights out of the both of them and having an unusual and animated conversation with Opal. Jade decided to take them both in, but they weren't alone for long until they were attacked by a Harpy, but then rescued b a coatl named Poseidon. They live as a cramped family in a different bamboo forest, and zaffer has learned to relax around them, though he is still very sensitive about his magic.[/quote] [quote name="Opal" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] [b]Opal:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34906327] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349064/34906327_350.png[/img] [/url] Opal was hatched into a small clan on the outskirts of The Viridian Labyrinth. She could have led a quiet, fulfilling life there as any other dragon. But Opal wasn't just like any other dragon. She acted upon her instinct when she realized her parents were mooning her brother too much, leaving Opal to the rest of the clan. Opal flew away when they were visiting the Sea of a thousand Currents, finding refuge in a dense bamboo forest to hide from them in case her parents came looking for her. That's where she met her shiny friend Zaffer. Opal was immediately interested and wanted to become friends, as even she knew a little hatchling like her didn't want to be alone in a big world. They slept together that night, and the next morning, a giant flying snake (or so Opal has said) named Jade popped up. They are now living as a makeshift family, along with a shiny blue coatl named Poseidon and a giant purple noodle named Janus. She is content with her life at the moment, but every day Opal's curious, adventurous self has been getting more and more restless, and she yearns to search beyond the the cliffs she calls home.[/quote] [quote name="Poseidon" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] [b]Poseidon:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=30364188&skin=0&apparel=22257,428,1866&xt=dressing.png[/img] Not much is known about Poseidon's backstory, but he is dedicated to the well-being of the only family he had found. From what the other dragons know, he has been living in the bamboo forest ever since he had lost his clan, and had been living in solitude for a month or two before a harpy had led him to an injured spiral and two hatchlings. He has said his trident is a keepsake from his clan. The only thing he had to remember them by. He is way and on edge to new dragon, afraid that they will steal his new life from him just as they had his last. So far, Poseidon has been successful with his goal, hunting for their food and teaching Opal magic, even helping Zaffer take care of his familiar. Poseidon is a good caretaker, but he knows that someday he'll have to explain his backstory, and he won't be able to protect those that he has learned to love anymore.[/quote] [quote name="Janus" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] [b]Janus:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png[/img] Janus has been looking for a place of refuge ever since his tribe was savaged by dragons working with the Serthis, a story very similar to Jade's. He hails from The Tangled Woods, and had to withstand an achingly long flight over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, all the while being chased by Maren Warriors. He caught a glimpse of family when he joined the peaceful group of dragon he had found in the Windswept Plateau, and enjoys teaching and showing the two young dragons there cool things he learned from his family, such as his powerful magic abilities or the knowledge of how to care for a Dark-tufted Sparrowmouse. He has also found friendship with the other spiral that lives alongside them (though secretly hopes for more), and wants to prove himself as an ally to the hostile coatl that protects them from harm. He has heard their plans of exploring the Windswept Plateau for a better home, and secretly longs to find it alongside them, so that he may be part of a family once again.[/quote] [/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual I hope you guys like their bios ^w^ Poseidon's and Janus' are a bit shorter than the others' because we don't know too much about them, but more will be revealed in the future!!! :)

(Two writing? I guess I'll be doing bios today :D)

Bio Day:
Jade wrote on 2017-08-14:
Jade:

34555930_350.png

Jade used to be part of a clan like any other dragon in the Windswept Plateau. Learning how to build kites, and eagerly awaiting the time when the hunters arrived, she led a happy life as a hatchling. But one day, her clan was attacked by vicious harpies, swooping down in the dark of night upon her clan mates. The battle was rough, most of which Jade does not remember, only the sounds of distressed dragon filling the air and sharp claws as they tore through scales. Jade's mother sacrificed her life for her hatchling, throwing herself in the way of a diving harpy to spare Jade's life.
Her last words were urging Jade to escape, as the little green spiral did, only for her mother's death to not have been in vain. She spent many months after than aimlessly wandering the Plateau, the joyful soul a spiral usually carried carved out of her. Her body was only a numb cocoon. One day, though, she found two little hatchings hiding in a forest, having run away from their tribes for different reasons, and bearing happiness that Jade had lost.
The happiness began to spill back into Jade's body, as after each horrible joke, squeaky laughter, or amusing argument they had, Jade brightened along with them, and is now on a better path for her life.
Zaffer wrote on 2017-08-14:
Zaffer:
dragon?did=34915706&skin=0&apparel=17910,428,17901&xt=dressing.png
As a very young hatchling, Zaffer was cast out of his tribe for bearing more lethal, powerful magic than any dragon in his Arcane clan ever had. Either by jealousy, hostility, or wariness, the dragon of his tribe did not take kindly to him after the nature of his power was exposed, and even his parents grouped together to throw him out of the tribe. If Zaffer had been an older, more ambitious dragon, this may not have worked, but the Imperial was still young and ashamed of him ability, so he left quietly.
Trying to find out how to survive, Zaffer ran into a territorial Bamboo Phytocat, which promptly chased Zaffer away from it's home and into a bamboo forest. There he found a shiny little Nocturne named Opal, who claimed to be running from her family because they didn't care about her enough. They slept huddled together that night, using each others warmth to say warm. The next morning, everything was fine, but Zaffer was still downcast as the betrayal of his clan.
That was where Jade popped up, scaring the daylights out of the both of them and having an unusual and animated conversation with Opal.
Jade decided to take them both in, but they weren't alone for long until they were attacked by a Harpy, but then rescued b a coatl named Poseidon. They live as a cramped family in a different bamboo forest, and zaffer has learned to relax around them, though he is still very sensitive about his magic.
Opal wrote on 2017-08-14:
Opal:

34906327_350.png

Opal was hatched into a small clan on the outskirts of The Viridian Labyrinth. She could have led a quiet, fulfilling life there as any other dragon. But Opal wasn't just like any other dragon. She acted upon her instinct when she realized her parents were mooning her brother too much, leaving Opal to the rest of the clan.
Opal flew away when they were visiting the Sea of a thousand Currents, finding refuge in a dense bamboo forest to hide from them in case her parents came looking for her. That's where she met her shiny friend Zaffer. Opal was immediately interested and wanted to become friends, as even she knew a little hatchling like her didn't want to be alone in a big world. They slept together that night, and the next morning, a giant flying snake (or so Opal has said) named Jade popped up.
They are now living as a makeshift family, along with a shiny blue coatl named Poseidon and a giant purple noodle named Janus. She is content with her life at the moment, but every day Opal's curious, adventurous self has been getting more and more restless, and she yearns to search beyond the the cliffs she calls home.
Poseidon wrote on 2017-08-14:
Poseidon:
dragon?did=30364188&skin=0&apparel=22257,428,1866&xt=dressing.png
Not much is known about Poseidon's backstory, but he is dedicated to the well-being of the only family he had found. From what the other dragons know, he has been living in the bamboo forest ever since he had lost his clan, and had been living in solitude for a month or two before a harpy had led him to an injured spiral and two hatchlings.
He has said his trident is a keepsake from his clan. The only thing he had to remember them by. He is way and on edge to new dragon, afraid that they will steal his new life from him just as they had his last.
So far, Poseidon has been successful with his goal, hunting for their food and teaching Opal magic, even helping Zaffer take care of his familiar. Poseidon is a good caretaker, but he knows that someday he'll have to explain his backstory, and he won't be able to protect those that he has learned to love anymore.
Janus wrote on 2017-08-14:
Janus:
dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png
Janus has been looking for a place of refuge ever since his tribe was savaged by dragons working with the Serthis, a story very similar to Jade's. He hails from The Tangled Woods, and had to withstand an achingly long flight over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, all the while being chased by Maren Warriors. He caught a glimpse of family when he joined the peaceful group of dragon he had found in the Windswept Plateau, and enjoys teaching and showing the two young dragons there cool things he learned from his family, such as his powerful magic abilities or the knowledge of how to care for a Dark-tufted Sparrowmouse. He has also found friendship with the other spiral that lives alongside them (though secretly hopes for more), and wants to prove himself as an ally to the hostile coatl that protects them from harm. He has heard their plans of exploring the Windswept Plateau for a better home, and secretly longs to find it alongside them, so that he may be part of a family once again.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual
I hope you guys like their bios ^w^ Poseidon's and Janus' are a bit shorter than the others' because we don't know too much about them, but more will be revealed in the future!!! :)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248