Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248
[center][item=jasmine][item=marsh stalker] (SO MUCH FOOD!!! I'm hoping to get a familiar so I can buy a dragon to ship with Jade or Poseidon :P 1. Jade 2. Poseidon 3. Zaffer 4. Opal I rolled 2, 1, and 3, so Poseidon, Jade, and Zaffer will be fighting 40 matches.) [b]Day 4:[/b] Zaffer and Opal where chasing each other around, giggling like hatchlings did. They were both growing very quickly though, and Zaffer's size nearly matched that of Jade's. Opal was a lot smaller of course, but that allowed her better maneuverability. Opal quickly fluttered out of the way of Zaffer's swishing talons and nimbly swerved around to land on top of his head. Opal was still bigger than Zaffer's head though, so Zaffer toppled to the ground, weighed down by a glittery nocturne. [b]"You're too slow, Zaffer."[/b] Opal scolded him, remaining perched atop the imperial's head. [b]"It's no fun playing tag with a lazy bones."[/b] Jade walked over to them, shooting a disapproving look at Opal. [b]"Don't call Zaffer lazy bones."[/b] She said. [b]"You're just smaller than him is all."[/b] Jade glanced at Zaffer, but his eyes were reverted to the ground. At least it looked that way, because it was pretty hard to look at the ground when a nocturne was sitting on your head. [b]"Oh. Okay."[/b] Opal said, politely stepping off of Zaffer's head. Zaffer did look pretty sad, Jade realized. His whiskers were drooping slightly and his tail was draped limply across the grass. [b]"Zaffer, are you okay?"[/b] Jade asked, concerned. Zaffer looked up startled, as if he were surprised someone was talking to him. [b]"Yeah!"[/b] He said quickly, a fake cheeriness injected into his voice. Jade made a face at him, then opened her mouth to ask more questions, but Zaffer beat her to it. [b]"I just, uh. . . need to be alone for a bit."[/b] And with that, the blue imperial slid away, further into the forest, without another word. Opal made a pouty face after Zaffer. [b]"Why is Zaffer acting so sad?"[/b] She asked. Jade exhaled and shook her head. [b]"I have no idea, Opal."[/b] Jade peered after the small bits and pieces of crushed bamboo that Zaffer left in his wake. [b]"But I'm going to follow him."[/b] Jade whirled around to face Opal, a dead serious look on her face. [b]"Do not follow me, okay?"[/b] She said pointedly. [b]"Go find Poseidon and stay with him until I get back."[/b] Opal looked skeptical. Jade smiled mentally. [b]"You can ask him to build a kite with you."[/b] She said, the ghost of a grin flickering across her face. Opal jumped at at this piece of news. [b]"I've always wanted a kite!"[/b] She chirruped. [b]"I found cool-looking bamboo yesterday. . ."[/b] Jade nudged her in the direction of camp. [b]"Go, then."[/b] She said. Opal nodded, pleased, and skipped away. Then Jade turned and bolted after Zaffer, scurrying over the faint trail he left behind. Then a startled yelp rang out somewhere in front of her, and Jade's blood ran cold. She kept moving though, eventually curving around some thick brambles to come into a clearing with a startled iridescent blue imperial in it. [b]"Zaffer, what's wrong?!"[/b] Jade cried, bracing herself to see something huge and menacing standing before her. Instead, she found zaffer cringing away from a purple bundle of feathers with a beak and piercing deep green eyes standing in front of him. Jade nearly collapsed with relief. [b]"Just a dark-tufted sparrowmouse."[/b] She breathed. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/3070.png[/img] Zaffer looked up from the fidget familiar and glanced up at Jade, apparently startled by her sudden appearance. "Sparrowmice don't hurt you." Jade said, walking forward and holding out a talon to the little feathery creature. It sniffed her claws warily, the pointed ebony beak hovering close by her palm. The dark-tufted sparrowmouse then relaxed and started chirping cheerfully. [b]"It found you, Zaffer."[/b] Jade reminded him. [b]"Why don't you try to trust it?"[/b] Zaffer nervously inced forward and held out his talons. He flinched away when the sparrowmouse tried to sniff it, but eventually he settled down, and even smiled when the sparrowmouse ran it's soft, black and purple plumage through his claws. "That's better." Jade said with a smile as Zaffer laughed when the sparrowmouse poked curiously at his wings. Zaffer opened his wings in return, and the sparrowmouse followed close behind revealing neat arrays of silky turquoise feathers. [b]"Can we keep him?"[/b] Zaffer asked hopefully. Jade laughed. [b]"Of course."[/b] She said. [b]"What are you going to name it?"[/b] Zaffer shrugged, looking at his new pet thoughtfully. [b]"I'll have to think about it"[/b] He concluded. Jade nodded appreciatively. [b]"That's a good idea."[/b] She said. A broad smile suddenly spread across Zaffer's face. [b]"Wait 'till Opal sees I have a pet!"[/b] He he said, laughing. Jade chuckled at the thought as well. [i]This is the perfect distraction to whatever is bothering him.[/i] Jade thought, smiling down at the little sparrowmouse, which was tilting it's head curiously at Zaffer's laughter. [i]For now, at least.[/i][/center] ----- @AmberHive @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset I really hope you liked it guys! Zaffer came really close to dying, but saved himself in the end. There was also a dark-tufted sparrowmouse drop in the coliseum! [b][u]Pease let me know any name suggestions you have for him!!![/u][/b] Yes, it is a him. The dragons will find that out in the next update :P And sorry this one is so much shorter than the others, but it's late where I am, so i didn't have much time to work on it. Hope you enjoyed!

(SO MUCH FOOD!!! I'm hoping to get a familiar so I can buy a dragon to ship with Jade or Poseidon :P
1. Jade
2. Poseidon
3. Zaffer
4. Opal
I rolled 2, 1, and 3, so Poseidon, Jade, and Zaffer will be fighting 40 matches.)

Day 4:
Zaffer and Opal where chasing each other around, giggling like hatchlings did. They were both growing very quickly though, and Zaffer's size nearly matched that of Jade's. Opal was a lot smaller of course, but that allowed her better maneuverability.

Opal quickly fluttered out of the way of Zaffer's swishing talons and nimbly swerved around to land on top of his head. Opal was still bigger than Zaffer's head though, so Zaffer toppled to the ground, weighed down by a glittery nocturne.

"You're too slow, Zaffer." Opal scolded him, remaining perched atop the imperial's head. "It's no fun playing tag with a lazy bones." Jade walked over to them, shooting a disapproving look at Opal. "Don't call Zaffer lazy bones." She said. "You're just smaller than him is all."

Jade glanced at Zaffer, but his eyes were reverted to the ground. At least it looked that way, because it was pretty hard to look at the ground when a nocturne was sitting on your head. "Oh. Okay." Opal said, politely stepping off of Zaffer's head.

Zaffer did look pretty sad, Jade realized. His whiskers were drooping slightly and his tail was draped limply across the grass. "Zaffer, are you okay?" Jade asked, concerned. Zaffer looked up startled, as if he were surprised someone was talking to him. "Yeah!" He said quickly, a fake cheeriness injected into his voice.

Jade made a face at him, then opened her mouth to ask more questions, but Zaffer beat her to it. "I just, uh. . . need to be alone for a bit." And with that, the blue imperial slid away, further into the forest, without another word.

Opal made a pouty face after Zaffer. "Why is Zaffer acting so sad?" She asked. Jade exhaled and shook her head. "I have no idea, Opal." Jade peered after the small bits and pieces of crushed bamboo that Zaffer left in his wake. "But I'm going to follow him."

Jade whirled around to face Opal, a dead serious look on her face. "Do not follow me, okay?" She said pointedly. "Go find Poseidon and stay with him until I get back." Opal looked skeptical. Jade smiled mentally. "You can ask him to build a kite with you." She said, the ghost of a grin flickering across her face.

Opal jumped at at this piece of news. "I've always wanted a kite!" She chirruped. "I found cool-looking bamboo yesterday. . ." Jade nudged her in the direction of camp. "Go, then." She said. Opal nodded, pleased, and skipped away.

Then Jade turned and bolted after Zaffer, scurrying over the faint trail he left behind. Then a startled yelp rang out somewhere in front of her, and Jade's blood ran cold. She kept moving though, eventually curving around some thick brambles to come into a clearing with a startled iridescent blue imperial in it.

"Zaffer, what's wrong?!" Jade cried, bracing herself to see something huge and menacing standing before her. Instead, she found zaffer cringing away from a purple bundle of feathers with a beak and piercing deep green eyes standing in front of him. Jade nearly collapsed with relief. "Just a dark-tufted sparrowmouse." She breathed.
3070.png
Zaffer looked up from the fidget familiar and glanced up at Jade, apparently startled by her sudden appearance. "Sparrowmice don't hurt you." Jade said, walking forward and holding out a talon to the little feathery creature. It sniffed her claws warily, the pointed ebony beak hovering close by her palm. The dark-tufted sparrowmouse then relaxed and started chirping cheerfully.

"It found you, Zaffer." Jade reminded him. "Why don't you try to trust it?" Zaffer nervously inced forward and held out his talons. He flinched away when the sparrowmouse tried to sniff it, but eventually he settled down, and even smiled when the sparrowmouse ran it's soft, black and purple plumage through his claws.

"That's better." Jade said with a smile as Zaffer laughed when the sparrowmouse poked curiously at his wings. Zaffer opened his wings in return, and the sparrowmouse followed close behind revealing neat arrays of silky turquoise feathers. "Can we keep him?" Zaffer asked hopefully. Jade laughed. "Of course." She said. "What are you going to name it?"

Zaffer shrugged, looking at his new pet thoughtfully. "I'll have to think about it" He concluded. Jade nodded appreciatively. "That's a good idea." She said. A broad smile suddenly spread across Zaffer's face. "Wait 'till Opal sees I have a pet!" He he said, laughing. Jade chuckled at the thought as well. This is the perfect distraction to whatever is bothering him. Jade thought, smiling down at the little sparrowmouse, which was tilting it's head curiously at Zaffer's laughter. For now, at least.

@AmberHive @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn
@PuellaFortis @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125
@KallyPaige @Skyeset
I really hope you liked it guys! Zaffer came really close to dying, but saved himself in the end. There was also a dark-tufted sparrowmouse drop in the coliseum! Pease let me know any name suggestions you have for him!!! Yes, it is a him. The dragons will find that out in the next update :P And sorry this one is so much shorter than the others, but it's late where I am, so i didn't have much time to work on it.
Hope you enjoyed!
@Aetherstorm

aawwwww so cutteee
@Aetherstorm

aawwwww so cutteee
15584.png21402.png3083.png22391.pngshe/her- bi dom crazy +1 FR time
@Aetherstorm

Names for a dark tuft sparrow mouse.. how about, Umbra? Or perhaps, Poofy. Cuz it's fluffy.
@Aetherstorm

Names for a dark tuft sparrow mouse.. how about, Umbra? Or perhaps, Poofy. Cuz it's fluffy.
GE3vi9z.pngvhkml8U.png
K A L L Y P A I G E
Subspecies Hatchery
@Aetherstorm "It's no fun playing tag with a lazy bones." Jade walked over to them, shooting a disapproving look at Opal. "Don't call Zaffer lazy bones." She said. "You're just smaller than him is all."
I'm not sure why but I found that really funny X3
oh and Zaffer laughed! :D lil happy dragon!
@Aetherstorm "It's no fun playing tag with a lazy bones." Jade walked over to them, shooting a disapproving look at Opal. "Don't call Zaffer lazy bones." She said. "You're just smaller than him is all."
I'm not sure why but I found that really funny X3
oh and Zaffer laughed! :D lil happy dragon!
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@AmberHive
Thank you!!!

@KallyPaige
Thank you! I thought of going with Umber/Umbra, but I found a new name that I think suits him very well. Thanks you for the suggestions ^w^

@Moonsong48
I felt it was funny too, but I didn't understand why XD
@AmberHive
Thank you!!!

@KallyPaige
Thank you! I thought of going with Umber/Umbra, but I found a new name that I think suits him very well. Thanks you for the suggestions ^w^

@Moonsong48
I felt it was funny too, but I didn't understand why XD
[center][item=shattered reading spectacles][item=abyss striker][item=driftwood log] (YEEESSSS, a new dragon!!!!! I'm glad I also got art and writing. No death streaks today! Also, I'm sorry to day this but i'll have to submit the art later. I need to give the person generously doing it for me more time.)[/center] ----- [b]New dragon:[/b] Okay, this is seriously coinsidental, but I was really super hoping for a spiral. . . and I got 7. A [i]spiral[/i]!!! [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png[/img] Meet Janus. It was a close contest with him and a really handsome spiral named Gunnar, but in the end I had to go with him ^w^ Only 8 gems!!! ----- [color=transparent]ireallyreallyreallylikedragons[/color] [center][b]Day 5:[/b] Jade was curled up on a lovely warm rock, peering out over a steep cliff and taking in the beauty of the landscape below. The usual scuffling sounds of Opal and Zaffer playing around could be heard from behind her, but Jade's full attention was turned to the powerful, glittering waterfalls, strong deep green bamboo stalks that reached for the skies, and little flickering shapes of strange creatures below. Suddenly, a shadow fell over Jade from above. She looked up to see a cloud of clashing feathers and teeth and sharp beaks above her, pinning her scales with beady, merciless eyes. Jade gasped and leaped to her feet, stumbling away from the horrid sight above. Jade felt dizzy as the horde ascended down on her, blotting out the light and joy of the world and swarming over the only family Jade had found. Opal and Zaffer jumped back, their little eyes growing wide as the harpy flock overtook them, and Jade lost the sight of their terrified faces in a mass of screeching and squawking. Out of the corner of her eye, Jade saw a flailing Poseidon vanish into the blur of talons as well. Jade screeched a primal roar, flinging herself at the nearest harpies, not willing to run and cower like last time. Killing herself now would bring less pain than if she kept on living. Jade fell into the mass of feathers and felt a sharp thing digging into her side, and winced. Jade started flailing around, clawing at the air, desperate to catch anything. . . anything. [b]"Jade, wake up."[/b] Came a hazy, muffled voice through the pain in her head. Jade blinked and the chaotic, horrid scene around her fuzzed a little bit. [b]"Jade! Wake up, NOW!"[/b] Jade gasped and launched herself to her feet, snapping into the real world again. Jade's forehead was wet and sweaty, and her arms ached even though she had just been sleeping. Jade blinked again and shook her head, trying to shake off the last hazes of the dream. Poseidon was standing over her, looking concerned, with Opal at her side with wide eyes and an expression that seemed stuck between scared, surprised, and amazed. Zaffer was crouching next to her, too, with his still Unnamed dark-tufted sparrowmouse cuddled up against his side, but Jade noticed him favoring his right shoulder, though the young imperial didn't seem to be bleeding. [b]"Is something wrong?"[/b] Poseidon asked, his face wreathed with concern. [b]"You were flipping out and clawing things in your sleep."[/b] He nodded towards Zaffer, who guiltily dicked his head. Jade was suddenly struck with an understanding as sharp as a harpy's claws. [b]"Zaffer, are you okay?"[/b] She asked, swarming up to him. The sparrowmouse squeaked in protest, but stayed put. [b]"Yeah."[/b] Zaffer mumbled. [b]"Oh, it wasn't your fault."[/b] Jade said, feeling guilt flooding her own mind. [b]"I really didn't know what I was doing."[/b] Jade leaned forward and embraced him, catching the sparrowmouse in her hug too, and pulling Opal into it with her tail. She could never loose them. She never wanted to feel the feeling she had felt in the dream again, especially it it was going to be real. Jade sighed and hugged the two dragons tighter. Opal hugged her back, squeezing her neck with surprising strength for a dragon her age, and Zaffer soon followed, his whole body seeming to relax. Eventually Jade sat back and curled her tail around her legs, feeling a lot better than she had in a long while. "What was so crazy in your dream that made you flip out like that?" Poseidon asked from the side of the cramped bamboo hut. Jade took a deep breath, then launched into what she had seen in her subconsciousness. [b]"That's harsh."[/b] Poseidon murmured. Opal fluttered her wings nervously. [b]"I really hope you're okay."[/b] She squeaked. [b]"I'm fine."[/b] Jade said, a smile cracking her depressed expression. Then something happened outside, and a weird noise could be heard. As if something had stepped on a stick of bamboo and slipped, sending it skidding across the ground. Poseidon leaped outside the bamboo hut, his teeth bared and claws flexed, ready to fight. Jade gently nudged the two hatchling to the back of the hut and slid up to Poseidon, peeking around his splayed feathers to catch a glimpse to the intruder. It was a spiral like herself, but the intruder was male with eyes a deep purple, and scales that were dark as night streaked with a stripe of light color. He was a lithe, handsome dragon, but was wearing an expression that looked somewhat aggravated and somewhat guilty. And a bit surprised, too. [b]"Who are you?"[/b] Poseidon growled. The stranger slipped down the mask he wore over his face to speak, his eyes flashing anxiously beneath his hood. [b]"I'm Janus."[/b] He said in a rich but raspy voice. [b]"I became a refugee after my old tribe was taken over by cruel mirrors working with the serthis."[/b] Jade immediately felt drawn to this dragon. Probably because what he described sounded so similar to what Jade had witnessed, and he must have gone through the same pain as her. Poseidon didn't drop his hostile scowl, though. [b]"And why are you here, in the middle of the night?"[/b] Janus had a neutral expression on his face, but it was now interwoven with worry. [B]"I wandered into these woods after crossing the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I wanted to avoid the Abiding Boneyard, and I'm trying to decide where to go now."[/b] Jade felt a flash of pity for this spiral, but Janus only shrugged at his own explanation. He rubbed a spot on his neck where the scaled seemed to have been punctured multiple times. [b]"I only barely managed to make it over without the Maren having my head."[/b] Opal suddenly popped up behind Jade, causing her to leap back into the open, where janus could get a clear look at her. [b]"Who's the new purple dragon?"[/b] Opal asked in a loud whisper. [b]"Does he want to stay in the fort too?"[/b] Janus smiled at Jade and Opal, and Jade felt her scales get all prickly. [b]"That would be quite nice."[/b] He agreed with a small smile. [b]"Hold on."[/b] Poseidon cut in with a frown. [b]"How do we know you're not dangerous?"[/b] Janus turned his gaze to the Coatl. "Because I do not nearly have enough energy to fight." He explained. [b]"You, who are well fed and energized, could easily subdue me if I tried anything on your friends there. Not that I would."[/b] He added. [b]"Just let him."[/b] Jade whispered into Poseidon's ear. Poseidon sighed and reluctantly nodded, stepping back into the fort and signaling Janus to follow him inside. Janus slithered after his gratefully, shooting Jade a grateful smile and a wink as he passed. Jade froze, trying to squash a smile that was attempting to sneak onto her face. zaffer flinched when janus entered the little hut, but the spiral's purple eyes lit up at the sight of the sparrowmouse at Zaffer's side. [b]"I've seen many of these before."[/b] Janus excplained. He waved at the pointed crest atop the sparrowmouse's head. [b]"This one's a male. Female's crests are split in the middle."[/b] Zaffer suddenly seemed less nervous, nodding along to Janus' explanation. [b]"They were often a nuisance to the dragon who grew the crops to feed the clan."[/b] A dark frown flickered across his face one moment, but was gone the next. Jade felt all too familiar with this feeling. [b]"Does he have a name?"[/b] Janus asked politely. [b]"Erm. . . I've been thinking about some."[/b] Zaffer replied awkwardly. [b]"But since I know he's a boy now I guess I have to choose now. Um. . ."[/b] The five dragons stood in silence for a bit, until Zaffer's eyes lit up. [b]"Would Ash be good?"[/b] He asked. The sparrowmouse squeaked agreeably and started pecking Zaffer's wing with interest. Janus laughed. [b]"I guess that's a yes."[/b] He said, and Zaffer laughed at Ash's bird-like actions. Opal did a weird giggle-snort along with him, and Jade found herself laughing along with them, too. She awkwardly snapped her jaws shut, but no one seemed to notice. [b]"All right, that's plenty of excitement for one night."[/b] Poseidon said, stepping in with a serious look on his face. though guessing from the twinkle in his eye, Jade could tell he was laughing along with the rest of them earlier. Poseidon turned his gaze to Janus, though the twinkle wasn't visible anymore. [b]"Don't you dare hurt any of them."[/b] He hissed. Janus put with claws up innocently, his face solemn. [b]"I swear by the soul of the Shadowbinder."[/b] He replied, dead-serious. Poseidon nodded and settled down, and Opal curled into her usual chinchilla form beside Jade. Ash fluttered onto Zaffer's back, and the dragon laughed a bit before settling himself against the wall, far away from Jade, she realized with a strong pang of guilt. Janus caught her gaze and gaze her a sly smile before curling himself up on the ground. Jade hurriedly looked away and rested her own head on her wings, an exciting, numbing, jittery feeling suddenly coursing though her body. She managed to settle herself with [i]This was an eventful night.[/i] just as her eyelids began to droop. [i]I think I'll sleep soundly this time.[/i][/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset Ta-da! I wanted Opal to refer to Janus as another giant purple noodle, but had to restrain myself on that one XD I really hope you all enjoyed! I'll be sure to post the art really soon!!! Also, Janus coincidentally happened to be a shadow dragon and know about sparrowmice, or else I would have had Poseidon know about that :) I guess you all know my future plans for Jade now >w<

(YEEESSSS, a new dragon!!!!! I'm glad I also got art and writing. No death streaks today!
Also, I'm sorry to day this but i'll have to submit the art later. I need to give the person generously doing it for me more time.)

New dragon:
Okay, this is seriously coinsidental, but I was really super hoping for a spiral. . . and I got 7.
A spiral!!!
dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png
Meet Janus. It was a close contest with him and a really handsome spiral named Gunnar, but in the end I had to go with him ^w^ Only 8 gems!!!
ireallyreallyreallylikedragons
Day 5:
Jade was curled up on a lovely warm rock, peering out over a steep cliff and taking in the beauty of the landscape below. The usual scuffling sounds of Opal and Zaffer playing around could be heard from behind her, but Jade's full attention was turned to the powerful, glittering waterfalls, strong deep green bamboo stalks that reached for the skies, and little flickering shapes of strange creatures below.

Suddenly, a shadow fell over Jade from above. She looked up to see a cloud of clashing feathers and teeth and sharp beaks above her, pinning her scales with beady, merciless eyes. Jade gasped and leaped to her feet, stumbling away from the horrid sight above.

Jade felt dizzy as the horde ascended down on her, blotting out the light and joy of the world and swarming over the only family Jade had found. Opal and Zaffer jumped back, their little eyes growing wide as the harpy flock overtook them, and Jade lost the sight of their terrified faces in a mass of screeching and squawking. Out of the corner of her eye, Jade saw a flailing Poseidon vanish into the blur of talons as well.

Jade screeched a primal roar, flinging herself at the nearest harpies, not willing to run and cower like last time. Killing herself now would bring less pain than if she kept on living. Jade fell into the mass of feathers and felt a sharp thing digging into her side, and winced. Jade started flailing around, clawing at the air, desperate to catch anything. . . anything.

"Jade, wake up." Came a hazy, muffled voice through the pain in her head. Jade blinked and the chaotic, horrid scene around her fuzzed a little bit. "Jade! Wake up, NOW!" Jade gasped and launched herself to her feet, snapping into the real world again. Jade's forehead was wet and sweaty, and her arms ached even though she had just been sleeping.

Jade blinked again and shook her head, trying to shake off the last hazes of the dream. Poseidon was standing over her, looking concerned, with Opal at her side with wide eyes and an expression that seemed stuck between scared, surprised, and amazed. Zaffer was crouching next to her, too, with his still Unnamed dark-tufted sparrowmouse cuddled up against his side, but Jade noticed him favoring his right shoulder, though the young imperial didn't seem to be bleeding.

"Is something wrong?" Poseidon asked, his face wreathed with concern. "You were flipping out and clawing things in your sleep." He nodded towards Zaffer, who guiltily dicked his head. Jade was suddenly struck with an understanding as sharp as a harpy's claws. "Zaffer, are you okay?" She asked, swarming up to him. The sparrowmouse squeaked in protest, but stayed put. "Yeah." Zaffer mumbled. "Oh, it wasn't your fault." Jade said, feeling guilt flooding her own mind. "I really didn't know what I was doing."

Jade leaned forward and embraced him, catching the sparrowmouse in her hug too, and pulling Opal into it with her tail. She could never loose them. She never wanted to feel the feeling she had felt in the dream again, especially it it was going to be real. Jade sighed and hugged the two dragons tighter. Opal hugged her back, squeezing her neck with surprising strength for a dragon her age, and Zaffer soon followed, his whole body seeming to relax.

Eventually Jade sat back and curled her tail around her legs, feeling a lot better than she had in a long while. "What was so crazy in your dream that made you flip out like that?" Poseidon asked from the side of the cramped bamboo hut. Jade took a deep breath, then launched into what she had seen in her subconsciousness. "That's harsh." Poseidon murmured. Opal fluttered her wings nervously. "I really hope you're okay." She squeaked.

"I'm fine." Jade said, a smile cracking her depressed expression. Then something happened outside, and a weird noise could be heard. As if something had stepped on a stick of bamboo and slipped, sending it skidding across the ground. Poseidon leaped outside the bamboo hut, his teeth bared and claws flexed, ready to fight.

Jade gently nudged the two hatchling to the back of the hut and slid up to Poseidon, peeking around his splayed feathers to catch a glimpse to the intruder. It was a spiral like herself, but the intruder was male with eyes a deep purple, and scales that were dark as night streaked with a stripe of light color. He was a lithe, handsome dragon, but was wearing an expression that looked somewhat aggravated and somewhat guilty. And a bit surprised, too.

"Who are you?" Poseidon growled. The stranger slipped down the mask he wore over his face to speak, his eyes flashing anxiously beneath his hood. "I'm Janus." He said in a rich but raspy voice. "I became a refugee after my old tribe was taken over by cruel mirrors working with the serthis."

Jade immediately felt drawn to this dragon. Probably because what he described sounded so similar to what Jade had witnessed, and he must have gone through the same pain as her. Poseidon didn't drop his hostile scowl, though. "And why are you here, in the middle of the night?" Janus had a neutral expression on his face, but it was now interwoven with worry.

"I wandered into these woods after crossing the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I wanted to avoid the Abiding Boneyard, and I'm trying to decide where to go now." Jade felt a flash of pity for this spiral, but Janus only shrugged at his own explanation. He rubbed a spot on his neck where the scaled seemed to have been punctured multiple times. "I only barely managed to make it over without the Maren having my head."

Opal suddenly popped up behind Jade, causing her to leap back into the open, where janus could get a clear look at her. "Who's the new purple dragon?" Opal asked in a loud whisper. "Does he want to stay in the fort too?" Janus smiled at Jade and Opal, and Jade felt her scales get all prickly. "That would be quite nice." He agreed with a small smile.

"Hold on." Poseidon cut in with a frown. "How do we know you're not dangerous?" Janus turned his gaze to the Coatl. "Because I do not nearly have enough energy to fight." He explained. "You, who are well fed and energized, could easily subdue me if I tried anything on your friends there. Not that I would." He added.

"Just let him." Jade whispered into Poseidon's ear. Poseidon sighed and reluctantly nodded, stepping back into the fort and signaling Janus to follow him inside. Janus slithered after his gratefully, shooting Jade a grateful smile and a wink as he passed. Jade froze, trying to squash a smile that was attempting to sneak onto her face.

zaffer flinched when janus entered the little hut, but the spiral's purple eyes lit up at the sight of the sparrowmouse at Zaffer's side. "I've seen many of these before." Janus excplained.
He waved at the pointed crest atop the sparrowmouse's head. "This one's a male. Female's crests are split in the middle."

Zaffer suddenly seemed less nervous, nodding along to Janus' explanation. "They were often a nuisance to the dragon who grew the crops to feed the clan." A dark frown flickered across his face one moment, but was gone the next. Jade felt all too familiar with this feeling. "Does he have a name?" Janus asked politely.

"Erm. . . I've been thinking about some." Zaffer replied awkwardly. "But since I know he's a boy now I guess I have to choose now. Um. . ." The five dragons stood in silence for a bit, until Zaffer's eyes lit up. "Would Ash be good?" He asked. The sparrowmouse squeaked agreeably and started pecking Zaffer's wing with interest. Janus laughed. "I guess that's a yes." He said, and Zaffer laughed at Ash's bird-like actions.

Opal did a weird giggle-snort along with him, and Jade found herself laughing along with them, too. She awkwardly snapped her jaws shut, but no one seemed to notice. "All right, that's plenty of excitement for one night." Poseidon said, stepping in with a serious look on his face. though guessing from the twinkle in his eye, Jade could tell he was laughing along with the rest of them earlier.

Poseidon turned his gaze to Janus, though the twinkle wasn't visible anymore. "Don't you dare hurt any of them." He hissed. Janus put with claws up innocently, his face solemn. "I swear by the soul of the Shadowbinder." He replied, dead-serious.

Poseidon nodded and settled down, and Opal curled into her usual chinchilla form beside Jade.
Ash fluttered onto Zaffer's back, and the dragon laughed a bit before settling himself against the wall, far away from Jade, she realized with a strong pang of guilt. Janus caught her gaze and gaze her a sly smile before curling himself up on the ground.

Jade hurriedly looked away and rested her own head on her wings, an exciting, numbing, jittery feeling suddenly coursing though her body. She managed to settle herself with This was an eventful night. just as her eyelids began to droop. I think I'll sleep soundly this time.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125
@KallyPaige @Skyeset
Ta-da! I wanted Opal to refer to Janus as another giant purple noodle, but had to restrain myself on that one XD I really hope you all enjoyed! I'll be sure to post the art really soon!!! Also, Janus coincidentally happened to be a shadow dragon and know about sparrowmice, or else I would have had Poseidon know about that :) I guess you all know my future plans for Jade now >w<
I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^

"Who's the new purple dragon?"
wrong Opal
Who's the new purple noodle
and is it edible

You have a lot more self-restraint than I do @Aetherstorm XD
I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^

"Who's the new purple dragon?"
wrong Opal
Who's the new purple noodle
and is it edible

You have a lot more self-restraint than I do @Aetherstorm XD
@Moonsong48
I ship them too ;P And i'll be sure Opal refers to Janus as a giant purple noodle in the future XD
@Moonsong48
I ship them too ;P And i'll be sure Opal refers to Janus as a giant purple noodle in the future XD
@Aetherstorm I can't wait XD
@Aetherstorm I can't wait XD
@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset Art is here everybody!!! Zaffer and his pal Ash ^w^ [img]https://pre15.deviantart.net/cfb3/th/pre/i/2017/226/b/8/rushed__by_rorrx-dbk2ujm.png[/img] @AmberHive Thx again for doing this :D
@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125
@KallyPaige @Skyeset
Art is here everybody!!! Zaffer and his pal Ash ^w^
rushed__by_rorrx-dbk2ujm.png
@AmberHive Thx again for doing this :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248