Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 247 248
IM JUST GONNA NOT COMMENT ANYMORE

HECKIN SHAKIN
IM JUST GONNA NOT COMMENT ANYMORE

HECKIN SHAKIN
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dcled6c.gif
[center][Item=strangling root] (Haha that totally didn’t work XP [size=1][s]oh well there goes the rest of my self-esteem[/s][/size]) [b]Bio Day:[/b] [Quote name=Lunaria] Lunaria is certainly one of a kind. On a night the Enchanted Moon exposed itself to our clan of dragons residing in a dense bamboo forest, she simply strutted out of the trees like a majestic unicorn, glowing softly beneath the moonlight, as though it fueled her very existence. When the sun rose, however, she did not dissipate, and now lives a rather pleasant life with the rest of her clanmates. She has grown rather close to Fog (her fellow un-dragon-like dragon) and regards her as a very close friend, the two of them bonding over myths and stories the ethereal imperial has carried with her from her second dimension of sorts, scratching whatever noteworthy idea that comes into their minds onto a spare roll of parchment. Lunaria has found that she requires very little to eat or drink, and really does prefer staying away from the other dragons, as much as she may love them like her very own family, often disappearing for hours at a time overnight. Fog smiles to herself whenever Luna seems to vanish, staring into the forest as if she can catch slivers of a pale white grow emanating from deep inside the dense clusters of bamboo… [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42533296] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/425333/42533296_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678[/size] Sorry for the super short update today, friends!! I wanted to make sure I got an update out before midnight and, yeah, that was totally an April fool’s joke XP [i]ANy[/i]ways, I’ll probably write another one of these tomorrow, except with more dragons and stuff, so, uh… I guess just keep being cool until then!! :D

(Haha that totally didn’t work XP oh well there goes the rest of my self-esteem)

Bio Day:
Lunaria wrote:
Lunaria is certainly one of a kind. On a night the Enchanted Moon exposed itself to our clan of dragons residing in a dense bamboo forest, she simply strutted out of the trees like a majestic unicorn, glowing softly beneath the moonlight, as though it fueled her very existence. When the sun rose, however, she did not dissipate, and now lives a rather pleasant life with the rest of her clanmates. She has grown rather close to Fog (her fellow un-dragon-like dragon) and regards her as a very close friend, the two of them bonding over myths and stories the ethereal imperial has carried with her from her second dimension of sorts, scratching whatever noteworthy idea that comes into their minds onto a spare roll of parchment. Lunaria has found that she requires very little to eat or drink, and really does prefer staying away from the other dragons, as much as she may love them like her very own family, often disappearing for hours at a time overnight. Fog smiles to herself whenever Luna seems to vanish, staring into the forest as if she can catch slivers of a pale white grow emanating from deep inside the dense clusters of bamboo…

42533296_350.png

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678
Sorry for the super short update today, friends!! I wanted to make sure I got an update out before midnight and, yeah, that was totally an April fool’s joke XP ANyways, I’ll probably write another one of these tomorrow, except with more dragons and stuff, so, uh… I guess just keep being cool until then!! :D
I'll have you know I did fall for it for a bit. I wrote a whole goodbye message thanking you for your story and saying how much I'd miss you when all of a sudden it clicked that it was April 1st and I was like "wait a minute" and I had to clarify
I'll have you know I did fall for it for a bit. I wrote a whole goodbye message thanking you for your story and saying how much I'd miss you when all of a sudden it clicked that it was April 1st and I was like "wait a minute" and I had to clarify
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
@Petall
Sorry! I'm very touched you were planning on making a whole goodbye message, thoguh. That's so sweet ^w^
@Petall
Sorry! I'm very touched you were planning on making a whole goodbye message, thoguh. That's so sweet ^w^
I got a pink mask fae from a purple and pink mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got a pink mask fae from a purple and pink mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
[center][Item=crocheted tadhop hat] [b]Bio Day:[/b] [Quote name=Topaz] Topaz is a very soft, precious boi. For a while after he hatched, he struggled with a lisp and a set of abnormally long limbs that constantly got tangled with one another or stray branches that stuck out in forest like sore talons. He's grown into them, of course, but he's still quite a bit clumsy and will always retain his childish nature, most likely inherited from his mother. Opal and August are idols to him, and the little skydancer follows them around like a puppy dog. It's the same with his siblings; no matter how many times Charoite may push him away or June try to coax him into eating this weird bird she found, he would follow them to the Viridian Labyrinth and back again if he really had to. Topaz has had a few odd habits, such as preferring to eat the flowers that smell best, or making weird musical noises by blowing through bamboo shoots, but, all in all, he is only a truly precious child that deserves love and protection. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43978055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439781/43978055_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote] [Quote name=Charoite] Charoite is the edgy hatchling of the family. Though he may have giggled when he first hatched, it is a truly rare sight to see him smile, not counting the times June may be clawing at his face in an attempt to make it look like he's grinning. Charo prefers to spend his time alone, not taking kindly to dragons, such as Topaz, who are often far too determined to discover how he spends his time. Usually, he just sits by the edge of a lake, brooding thoughtfully as he stares into the flat, mirroring surface of the glistening water. The only instance in which he has ever shown excitement before was when he first discovered Oliver. The young, emo hatchling had followed the larger owlcat around all day, trying desperately to touch his soft feathers or stroke the tufted tail. He had only let up when Myu and Opal had bribed him away with berries and apples. The young skydancer already dislikes it when other dragons know his ultimate weakness: Cats. So now he shall remain forever edgy, disappearing into the shadows to think and brood, supposedly following along in another very peculiar nocturne's footsteps… [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43978056] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439781/43978056_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote] [Quote name=June] June is a bubbly little ball of energy that never seems to find time to sleep, bouncing around like a boomerang during all waking hours if the day and not-so waking hours of the night. She loves coming up with all sorts of random, fun-filled games to play with her cousin Luce, and was rather distraught when he disappeared. If there’s anything this little nocturne loves more than friends or playing or the taste of blue jays, however, it’s her lovely Plantation Pincher; Charlie! June just stumbled across Charlie one day, and that was the day her life began. Even since then, the two have [i]somehow[/i] forged an inseperable bond, mostly consisting of June grabbing the little crab and carrying it everywhere or playing something with flowers. Or poking Luce a lot. They find that game [i]especially[/i] fun. The two of them may be young (I mean, it's hard to tell with crabs, but Charlie certainly [i]seems[/i] young), but the both of them combined have the energy to rival the force of the explosion that summoned forth the Arcanist oh so many eons ago. June is definitely an aspiring adventurer, and with Charlie at her side, she is surely to find [i]some[/I] trouble to get into sooner or later :/ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43978057] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439781/43978057_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678[/size] Hewwo :3

Bio Day:
Topaz wrote:
Topaz is a very soft, precious boi. For a while after he hatched, he struggled with a lisp and a set of abnormally long limbs that constantly got tangled with one another or stray branches that stuck out in forest like sore talons. He's grown into them, of course, but he's still quite a bit clumsy and will always retain his childish nature, most likely inherited from his mother. Opal and August are idols to him, and the little skydancer follows them around like a puppy dog. It's the same with his siblings; no matter how many times Charoite may push him away or June try to coax him into eating this weird bird she found, he would follow them to the Viridian Labyrinth and back again if he really had to. Topaz has had a few odd habits, such as preferring to eat the flowers that smell best, or making weird musical noises by blowing through bamboo shoots, but, all in all, he is only a truly precious child that deserves love and protection.

43978055_350.png

Charoite wrote:
Charoite is the edgy hatchling of the family. Though he may have giggled when he first hatched, it is a truly rare sight to see him smile, not counting the times June may be clawing at his face in an attempt to make it look like he's grinning. Charo prefers to spend his time alone, not taking kindly to dragons, such as Topaz, who are often far too determined to discover how he spends his time. Usually, he just sits by the edge of a lake, brooding thoughtfully as he stares into the flat, mirroring surface of the glistening water. The only instance in which he has ever shown excitement before was when he first discovered Oliver. The young, emo hatchling had followed the larger owlcat around all day, trying desperately to touch his soft feathers or stroke the tufted tail. He had only let up when Myu and Opal had bribed him away with berries and apples. The young skydancer already dislikes it when other dragons know his ultimate weakness: Cats. So now he shall remain forever edgy, disappearing into the shadows to think and brood, supposedly following along in another very peculiar nocturne's footsteps…

43978056_350.png

June wrote:
June is a bubbly little ball of energy that never seems to find time to sleep, bouncing around like a boomerang during all waking hours if the day and not-so waking hours of the night. She loves coming up with all sorts of random, fun-filled games to play with her cousin Luce, and was rather distraught when he disappeared. If there’s anything this little nocturne loves more than friends or playing or the taste of blue jays, however, it’s her lovely Plantation Pincher; Charlie! June just stumbled across Charlie one day, and that was the day her life began. Even since then, the two have somehow forged an inseperable bond, mostly consisting of June grabbing the little crab and carrying it everywhere or playing something with flowers. Or poking Luce a lot. They find that game especially fun. The two of them may be young (I mean, it's hard to tell with crabs, but Charlie certainly seems young), but the both of them combined have the energy to rival the force of the explosion that summoned forth the Arcanist oh so many eons ago. June is definitely an aspiring adventurer, and with Charlie at her side, she is surely to find some trouble to get into sooner or later :/

43978057_350.png

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678
Hewwo :3
One of the things I love about bio days (and pinkerlockes in general if I completely honest) is the way in which it allows for so many unique characters! They are just so character driven, and there are so many lives we get to see from beginning to (unfortunately) end. Aaaa don't mind me, I'm just getting sentimental. I love this.
One of the things I love about bio days (and pinkerlockes in general if I completely honest) is the way in which it allows for so many unique characters! They are just so character driven, and there are so many lives we get to see from beginning to (unfortunately) end. Aaaa don't mind me, I'm just getting sentimental. I love this.
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
@Petall
Me too!! There are many similar elements in your Stories of Windkeep Tower! I love how so many people take these 2D dragons and turn them into actual people, with thoughts and opinions that make each of them quite unique. This site is wonderful :D :D
@Petall
Me too!! There are many similar elements in your Stories of Windkeep Tower! I love how so many people take these 2D dragons and turn them into actual people, with thoughts and opinions that make each of them quite unique. This site is wonderful :D :D
[center][Item=Firecoiler] (Back with our boy!!) [b]Day 182:[/b] Odyssey strolled into the theatre with a look of complete awe dominating his face, his mouth parted slightly as he strutted through the entranceway, filled with dragons wearings masks that talked and laughed like good friends. [I]Wait… [/i] Odyssey realized, a pit of dread slowly growing in his stomach, eating away at his former glee. [I]What if they [/i]are[i] good friends? What if I'm not supposed to be here?[/i] [B]"Hey, you, newbie, come over here!"[/b] Someone hollered suddenly, cutting over the rest of the muted chatter filling the room like toxic smoke. Odyssey jumped, his eyes immediately flying around the room to see what kind of "newbie" the dragon may be talking to. Only when he saw nobody move did the wildclaw finally realize the guardian was staring at [i]him[/i], their crystalline purple eyes glittering like amethysts narrowed at him like spotlights. [b]"Yeah, you!"[/b] They barked, a toothy grin spreading across their face as Odyssey met their gaze. [b]"Come 'here, newbie; you've gotta meet some people."[/b] Hesitantly, Odyssey trotted over to the ground of dragons, finding how they loomed over him with mischievous grins and knowing looks on their faces unnerving him more than just a little. The guardian who'd greeted him, however, flared their a trusted, purple wings like a peacock, their intricately patterned light blue scales drawn in the shape of flower petals shifting with their movements as though blown by an invisible breeze. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=111&auth=2761251fdf1f7d7c1203a1e4a149afcfe94016d9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [B]"Hello! My name's Jayden, but you can call me Jay or whatever."[/b] The guardian told him happily, flicking their tail back and forth. "He/Him pronouns, please! There are my friends,"[/b] He added, smirking to himself as he waved to the dragons beside them. [B]"They're brats, but I love them."[/b] [B]"It's nice to finally meet a noob without being one."[/b] A pearlcatcher with electric blue cat spots rippling across her scales chortled as they thrust their head forward, silky cerulean mane falling over their snout. [B]"I'm Mykaela, but you can call me Myk if you want. It's shorter."[/b] They wrinkled their nose playfully. [B]"Any pronouns are fine."[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50595352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/505954/50595352_350.png[/img] [/url] [B]"Uh… I'm Odyssey. He/Him is fine."[/b] Odyssey mumbled awkwardly, slightly dazed by all these colorful dragons jumping around in front of his nose. [B]"I'm not actually here for the, uh, thing."[/b] He added nervously. [B]"I'm just looking for something…"[/b] [B]"Aw, you don't need to feel awkward, little noob."[/b] Myk told him, wrinkling her nose again as though he was trying not to laugh. [B]"Today's the day we're welcoming new tryouts!"[/b] She told him happily, waving her tufted tail as that poster with the dragon clad in gleaming armor taped to the wall nearby. [B]"We get all sorts of new dragons in here this time of week; it's really fun! You get to meet [i]so[/i] many interesting people."[/b] Odyssey blinked, momentarily shocked. That wasn't quite the answer he was looking for, but not really one he was unhappy with. Would it really be so bad if he joined these dragons, even if only for a little while? It would let him look for his sword. And maybe one of these dragons had seen Luce somewhere! [B]"It's really not so bad after a while."[/b] Another voice rumbled quietly, low and raspy, as though the speaker wasn't used to using their voice. The shadows shifted and Odyssey nearly leaped out of his scales, just about ready to fend off the shade when he found a dreary-looking imperial with dazzling, star-spangled scales staring down at him instead. [B]"The anxiety is easy to get rid of if you're bribed with food."[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48177914] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481780/48177914_350.png[/img] [/url] [B]"You big, lovable goof! I know you'd come through for us!"[/b] Jayden cried happily, teasingly prodding the imperial's shoulder with his elbow. Turning back to Odyssey with a blinding smile, he added [B]"This is Tiago; he's our resident broody emo tortured goth man! He's the [i]best[/i] at charades."[/b] Myk snorted, rolling her eyes. [B]"If you call pretending to be either invisible or dead all the time charades."[/b] She retorted, the corner of her mouth quirking upward. [B]"Because he really [i]is[/I] the best at that."[/b] [B]"Oh shush, you!"[/b] Jayden snapped, batting at Myk's wing with his own. [b]"[i]You're[/i] the ones that always eats all the snacks!"[/b] Myk snorted, tossing a lock of her blue mane out of her eyes. [b]"Says the guy who eats absolutely [i]everything[/i]!"[/b] She countered, flicking her tail back and forth like a cat. [b]"You never leave me any scorpions!"[/b] Jayden insisted, mocking a wounded look. Myk snorted again, nearly choking on her own tongue out of laughter. [b]"I never thought you liked them!"[/b] She cried. Jay smiled thinly, crystalline eyes shining with withheld laughter. [b]"I don't."[/b] [b]"Hello, you two. I see you've become a bit… [i]distracted[/i] again."[/b] A new voice mused suddenly, so familiar Odyssey flinched hard enough to displace a piece of his armor that then began digging painfully into his side. Jay and Myk immediately sat back on their haunches, fixing falsely innocent looks on their faces. [b]"N-no, we didn't, sir."[/b] Myk blurted suddenly, nearly stepping on Tiago's tail as she leaped back to her feet. [b]"We even found a new candidate. Look, see?"[/b] Odyssey was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders and thrust forward, practically coming snout-to-snout with a deep purple coat adorned with golden jewelry and a tunic of shimmering fabric that glittered like daylight. [b]"Hey, Helios."[/b] Odyssey muttered sheepishly, risking the slightest of queasy smiles as the coatl met his gaze, soft yellow eyes nearly popping out of his skull. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41775680] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417757/41775680_350.png[/img] [/url] Helios coughed awkwardly and ruffled his wings, drawing them tightly against his body as if he could get himself to vanish into thin air. [b]"He…hello, Odyssey."[/b] He mumbled, tongue flicking out of his mouth like a snake. [b]"I can't say I expected to see you here."[/b] [b]"Yeah, I… I lost my dad's sword."[/b] Odyssey replied sadly, unable to meet the coatl's eyes, staring down at the floor as he cuffed it with his talons. [b]"Someone stole it, and I figured he might have come in here. You know, because there are swords and stuff…"[/b] [b]"Wait, you know the director?"[/b] Jayden blurted suddenly, leaning forward, his wings splayed. [b]"And [i]you[/i] know [i]him[/i]?"[/b] He added, eyes darting between the two of us. His wings suddenly slumped, falling limp at his sides. [b]"Does this mean we don't get any points?"[/b] At this, Helios managed a smile; a seemingly sad one, but a smile nonetheless. [b]"Quite the contrary, in fact."[/b] He started, his tongue flicking out of his mouth as he spoke with his musically lilted accent. [b]"This little fellow actually—"[/b] [b]"Papa!"[/b] A little voice cried suddenly, making Odyssey nearly trip over his talons as he spun around so quickly he early drove his head into a wall. [b]"Papa, papa, look!"[/b] The voice was small and tiny, adorable, too, and it spoke with a garbled, almost slurred voice with an accent so thick it could barely get the words out of its mouth. Helios started, turning around just in time to have a tiny cream-colored coatl launch herself into his arms, haphazardly flaming her feathered silver wings as she clung to his neck with her tiny claws, wreathed in a yellowish light as her wide green eyes almost bulged out of her head in fear. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50650179] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/506502/50650179_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Papa, papa, look! Please, look!"[/b] She cried, craning her neck to stare into Helios's face, which had somehow turned to a dark shade of sanguine. He glanced over at Odyssey, untangling the bay coatl's claws from his feathers and setting her back on the ground, handling her gently, as though she were a fragile porcelain doll. [b]"Artemis, you're not supposed to be here!"[/b] He hissed, shooting a guilty look over to the trio of dragons standing beside Odyssey. They all quickly turned their heads away and begun immersing themselves in a bunch of pamphlets about the Shifting Expanse, pointy avoiding the older coatl's eyes. Odyssey didn't look away, his attention grabbed by the gorgeous little hatchling. [b]"Go… go back with your brother, Artemis."[/b] Helios added quietly, turning back to the coatl, who looked as though she was on the verge of tears as she reached up and groped for her father's arms. [b]"You need to stay with him. Jenna will take care of you."[/b] [b]"But… but, but Papa! Lex's stuck!"[/b] Artemis protested in her small, quickly voice, her short tail now agitatedly lashing back and forth. Helios looked as though he's been struck in the heart. [b]"What?"[/b] [b]"Lex is stuck!"[/b] Artemis cried again, the crown of feathers lining her neck flattening themselves against her soft, cream-colored scales. [b]"He… he's stuck on the metal roof bits and… and h-h-he can't get down!"[/b] Helios's eyes seemed to spark like a broken flashlight, immediately flying over to Odyssey, who flinched as though he'd just been struck. [b]"I need you to come with me."[/b] Helios muttered quietly to him, subconsciously leaning down and scooping his daughter into his arms, who then began to fuss about a lot less as her claws tightened around her father's feathers. [b]"Please, kid. I'll help you find your father's sword, but you need to come with me."[/b] Odyssey only hesitated for a split second. [b]"Of course."[/b] he growled, flexing his talons as though anticipating a fight with a rabid sparrowmouse. [b]"Of course I'll help you."[/b] Helios this time actually smiled at him, his expression unplagued by the sadness or worry or fear that seemed to have been making his feathers droop only moments earlier. [b]"Thanks, kid."[/b] He said, even grinning crookedly as he hugged Artemis even closer to his chest, the earlier panic-struck hatchling now completely calm. He turned around and flicked his tail, the little golden adornments making the light dance like a twirling fae. [b]"Now, let's go see if we can find my little rascal of a son."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678[/size] So many dragons… sO MANY

(Back with our boy!!)

Day 182:
Odyssey strolled into the theatre with a look of complete awe dominating his face, his mouth parted slightly as he strutted through the entranceway, filled with dragons wearings masks that talked and laughed like good friends.

Wait… Odyssey realized, a pit of dread slowly growing in his stomach, eating away at his former glee. What if they are good friends? What if I'm not supposed to be here?

"Hey, you, newbie, come over here!" Someone hollered suddenly, cutting over the rest of the muted chatter filling the room like toxic smoke. Odyssey jumped, his eyes immediately flying around the room to see what kind of "newbie" the dragon may be talking to.

Only when he saw nobody move did the wildclaw finally realize the guardian was staring at him, their crystalline purple eyes glittering like amethysts narrowed at him like spotlights. "Yeah, you!" They barked, a toothy grin spreading across their face as Odyssey met their gaze. "Come 'here, newbie; you've gotta meet some people."

Hesitantly, Odyssey trotted over to the ground of dragons, finding how they loomed over him with mischievous grins and knowing looks on their faces unnerving him more than just a little.

The guardian who'd greeted him, however, flared their a trusted, purple wings like a peacock, their intricately patterned light blue scales drawn in the shape of flower petals shifting with their movements as though blown by an invisible breeze.
dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=111&auth=2761251fdf1f7d7c1203a1e4a149afcfe94016d9&dummyext=prev.png
"Hello! My name's Jayden, but you can call me Jay or whatever." The guardian told him happily, flicking their tail back and forth. "He/Him pronouns, please! There are my friends,"[/b] He added, smirking to himself as he waved to the dragons beside them. "They're brats, but I love them."

"It's nice to finally meet a noob without being one." A pearlcatcher with electric blue cat spots rippling across her scales chortled as they thrust their head forward, silky cerulean mane falling over their snout. "I'm Mykaela, but you can call me Myk if you want. It's shorter." They wrinkled their nose playfully. "Any pronouns are fine."

50595352_350.png

"Uh… I'm Odyssey. He/Him is fine." Odyssey mumbled awkwardly, slightly dazed by all these colorful dragons jumping around in front of his nose. "I'm not actually here for the, uh, thing." He added nervously. "I'm just looking for something…"

"Aw, you don't need to feel awkward, little noob." Myk told him, wrinkling her nose again as though he was trying not to laugh. "Today's the day we're welcoming new tryouts!" She told him happily, waving her tufted tail as that poster with the dragon clad in gleaming armor taped to the wall nearby. "We get all sorts of new dragons in here this time of week; it's really fun! You get to meet so many interesting people."

Odyssey blinked, momentarily shocked. That wasn't quite the answer he was looking for, but not really one he was unhappy with. Would it really be so bad if he joined these dragons, even if only for a little while? It would let him look for his sword. And maybe one of these dragons had seen Luce somewhere!

"It's really not so bad after a while." Another voice rumbled quietly, low and raspy, as though the speaker wasn't used to using their voice. The shadows shifted and Odyssey nearly leaped out of his scales, just about ready to fend off the shade when he found a dreary-looking imperial with dazzling, star-spangled scales staring down at him instead. "The anxiety is easy to get rid of if you're bribed with food."

48177914_350.png

"You big, lovable goof! I know you'd come through for us!" Jayden cried happily, teasingly prodding the imperial's shoulder with his elbow. Turning back to Odyssey with a blinding smile, he added "This is Tiago; he's our resident broody emo tortured goth man! He's the best at charades."

Myk snorted, rolling her eyes. "If you call pretending to be either invisible or dead all the time charades." She retorted, the corner of her mouth quirking upward. "Because he really is the best at that."

"Oh shush, you!" Jayden snapped, batting at Myk's wing with his own. "You're the ones that always eats all the snacks!" Myk snorted, tossing a lock of her blue mane out of her eyes. "Says the guy who eats absolutely everything!" She countered, flicking her tail back and forth like a cat.

"You never leave me any scorpions!" Jayden insisted, mocking a wounded look. Myk snorted again, nearly choking on her own tongue out of laughter. "I never thought you liked them!" She cried. Jay smiled thinly, crystalline eyes shining with withheld laughter. "I don't."

"Hello, you two. I see you've become a bit… distracted again." A new voice mused suddenly, so familiar Odyssey flinched hard enough to displace a piece of his armor that then began digging painfully into his side. Jay and Myk immediately sat back on their haunches, fixing falsely innocent looks on their faces. "N-no, we didn't, sir." Myk blurted suddenly, nearly stepping on Tiago's tail as she leaped back to her feet. "We even found a new candidate. Look, see?"

Odyssey was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders and thrust forward, practically coming snout-to-snout with a deep purple coat adorned with golden jewelry and a tunic of shimmering fabric that glittered like daylight. "Hey, Helios." Odyssey muttered sheepishly, risking the slightest of queasy smiles as the coatl met his gaze, soft yellow eyes nearly popping out of his skull.

41775680_350.png

Helios coughed awkwardly and ruffled his wings, drawing them tightly against his body as if he could get himself to vanish into thin air. "He…hello, Odyssey." He mumbled, tongue flicking out of his mouth like a snake. "I can't say I expected to see you here."

"Yeah, I… I lost my dad's sword." Odyssey replied sadly, unable to meet the coatl's eyes, staring down at the floor as he cuffed it with his talons. "Someone stole it, and I figured he might have come in here. You know, because there are swords and stuff…"

"Wait, you know the director?" Jayden blurted suddenly, leaning forward, his wings splayed. "And you know him?" He added, eyes darting between the two of us. His wings suddenly slumped, falling limp at his sides. "Does this mean we don't get any points?"

At this, Helios managed a smile; a seemingly sad one, but a smile nonetheless. "Quite the contrary, in fact." He started, his tongue flicking out of his mouth as he spoke with his musically lilted accent. "This little fellow actually—"

"Papa!" A little voice cried suddenly, making Odyssey nearly trip over his talons as he spun around so quickly he early drove his head into a wall. "Papa, papa, look!" The voice was small and tiny, adorable, too, and it spoke with a garbled, almost slurred voice with an accent so thick it could barely get the words out of its mouth.

Helios started, turning around just in time to have a tiny cream-colored coatl launch herself into his arms, haphazardly flaming her feathered silver wings as she clung to his neck with her tiny claws, wreathed in a yellowish light as her wide green eyes almost bulged out of her head in fear.

50650179_350.png

"Papa, papa, look! Please, look!" She cried, craning her neck to stare into Helios's face, which had somehow turned to a dark shade of sanguine. He glanced over at Odyssey, untangling the bay coatl's claws from his feathers and setting her back on the ground, handling her gently, as though she were a fragile porcelain doll.

"Artemis, you're not supposed to be here!" He hissed, shooting a guilty look over to the trio of dragons standing beside Odyssey. They all quickly turned their heads away and begun immersing themselves in a bunch of pamphlets about the Shifting Expanse, pointy avoiding the older coatl's eyes.

Odyssey didn't look away, his attention grabbed by the gorgeous little hatchling.

"Go… go back with your brother, Artemis." Helios added quietly, turning back to the coatl, who looked as though she was on the verge of tears as she reached up and groped for her father's arms. "You need to stay with him. Jenna will take care of you."

"But… but, but Papa! Lex's stuck!" Artemis protested in her small, quickly voice, her short tail now agitatedly lashing back and forth. Helios looked as though he's been struck in the heart. "What?"

"Lex is stuck!" Artemis cried again, the crown of feathers lining her neck flattening themselves against her soft, cream-colored scales. "He… he's stuck on the metal roof bits and… and h-h-he can't get down!"

Helios's eyes seemed to spark like a broken flashlight, immediately flying over to Odyssey, who flinched as though he'd just been struck. "I need you to come with me." Helios muttered quietly to him, subconsciously leaning down and scooping his daughter into his arms, who then began to fuss about a lot less as her claws tightened around her father's feathers. "Please, kid. I'll help you find your father's sword, but you need to come with me."

Odyssey only hesitated for a split second.

"Of course." he growled, flexing his talons as though anticipating a fight with a rabid sparrowmouse. "Of course I'll help you." Helios this time actually smiled at him, his expression unplagued by the sadness or worry or fear that seemed to have been making his feathers droop only moments earlier.

"Thanks, kid." He said, even grinning crookedly as he hugged Artemis even closer to his chest, the earlier panic-struck hatchling now completely calm. He turned around and flicked his tail, the little golden adornments making the light dance like a twirling fae. "Now, let's go see if we can find my little rascal of a son."

So many dragons…

sO MANY
OOooo we get to meet so many cool dragons today! I'm excited to see where this all goes!!! [emoji=pearlcatcher laughing]
OOooo we get to meet so many cool dragons today! I'm excited to see where this all goes!!!
1 2 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 247 248