Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 233 234 235 236 237 ... 247 248
My baby Hester
My baby Hester
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
@Aetherstorm It's perfect as long as you post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(*Imaginary crowd*)
(*Them shouting: POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(*Then cheering*)
@Aetherstorm It's perfect as long as you post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(*Imaginary crowd*)
(*Them shouting: POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST,POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(*Then cheering*)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)

Day 174:
"So if I go here. . ." Odyssey started, swinging his head around to look down a path filled with chattering dragons and lined with shops filled with food and trinkets. "I should get to the Tomewriter's Fountain pretty quickly, right?"

Someone suddenly clipped his wing with their large, burly shoulder and Odyssey nearly went sprawling to the floor, just barely managing to catch himself by curving his long, sickle-shaped talons into the soft earth beneath his feet.

"Watch it, kid." A hunched, iridescent black guardian huffed in his direction, glaring into Odyssey's face with a scarred, blind eye. "Get back to your parents before you get hurt."

Odyssey, unable to bring himself to say anything to this menacing stranger's face, simply tried to stand a little taller, craning his neck as he huffed out through his nose. He only succeeded in looking like a long-legged chicken.

The stranger snorted gruffly, a sound that may have been sarcastic laughter, before turning away with a sweep of his heavy, gnarled wings and stomping off towards another part of town.

Odyssey heaved a sigh of relief. "That was. . . unnerving." He mumbled, twitching his wings anxiously as he turned back towards the path he'd looked down before, where a bogsneak was now making a spectacle by breathing wreaths of fire into the air, an overturned fedora inviting spare coins settled at his feet. "I should get going if I—oof."

A thin, scrawny mirror suddenly blundered into his side, their wings tangling together as his snout bashed into Odyssey's shoulder. The wildclaw leapt away with a high-pitched yelp, tripping over his own tail and crashing to the floor with an audible thud.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" The mirror blurted, pulling his wings away from Odyssey's and crouching low to the floor, as if expecting the wildclaw to snap at him. "I didn't see you there, it was a total accident!"

Odyssey shook his head groggily and looked up, meeting the mirror's eyes. He was wearing a loose white tunic, smeared with dirt and overly large for his small, wiry frame. He had a feathered hat on his head that slid over his eyes, all four of which were the color of raw sunshine.

”It's okay, it was an accident." Odyssey told him, ruffling his wings as he began to pull himself to his feet. "You don't have to—"

The mirror kid had bolted off in a blur of pearly white scales, vanishing from Odyssey's sight as quickly as he had appeared, the clatter of his claws quickly fading into the mingled chatter of the surrounding crowds.

Odyssey stared after him, mildly bemused. What was that about? He wondered, wrinkling his nose thoughtfully. I could have at least asked for his na—oh no.

At his side, just beneath his left wing, which used to have a sheathed magical sword tucked into the crevice beneath his arm, there was now nothing but empty air.

Empty air, it seemed, that was far colder than Yuki's breath could ever be.

”Hey!" He yelled into the crowd, instantly on his feet and taking off in the direction the little mirror had bolted in. He couldn't tell if the mirror was anywhere near him, but he had to try. ”Hey, you! Come back!"

Even as he ran and ducked through the crowds of dragons, accidentally stepping on several people's tails and nearly crashing into a coatl who was handing a glass of pomegranate juice to a tundra wearing bows around her horns, he could feel a trail of icy cold dread slide down his back.

That's my father's sword. He thought to himself, a scowl tugging at his lips as he leapt over a pair of faes seated on a mushroom, submerged within their game of cards. I'm not letting you steal it.

Odyssey may have been unsure about a lot of things, but not this. He knew. . . he knew, he would do anything to get his father's sword back. He would get it back, and never let anybody take his father's memory from him ever again.

No matter what.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678

Day 174:
"So if I go here. . ." Odyssey started, swinging his head around to look down a path filled with chattering dragons and lined with shops filled with food and trinkets. "I should get to the Tomewriter's Fountain pretty quickly, right?"

Someone suddenly clipped his wing with their large, burly shoulder and Odyssey nearly went sprawling to the floor, just barely managing to catch himself by curving his long, sickle-shaped talons into the soft earth beneath his feet.

"Watch it, kid." A hunched, iridescent black guardian huffed in his direction, glaring into Odyssey's face with a scarred, blind eye. "Get back to your parents before you get hurt."

Odyssey, unable to bring himself to say anything to this menacing stranger's face, simply tried to stand a little taller, craning his neck as he huffed out through his nose. He only succeeded in looking like a long-legged chicken.

The stranger snorted gruffly, a sound that may have been sarcastic laughter, before turning away with a sweep of his heavy, gnarled wings and stomping off towards another part of town.

Odyssey heaved a sigh of relief. "That was. . . unnerving." He mumbled, twitching his wings anxiously as he turned back towards the path he'd looked down before, where a bogsneak was now making a spectacle by breathing wreaths of fire into the air, an overturned fedora inviting spare coins settled at his feet. "I should get going if I—oof."

A thin, scrawny mirror suddenly blundered into his side, their wings tangling together as his snout bashed into Odyssey's shoulder. The wildclaw leapt away with a high-pitched yelp, tripping over his own tail and crashing to the floor with an audible thud.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" The mirror blurted, pulling his wings away from Odyssey's and crouching low to the floor, as if expecting the wildclaw to snap at him. "I didn't see you there, it was a total accident!"

Odyssey shook his head groggily and looked up, meeting the mirror's eyes. He was wearing a loose white tunic, smeared with dirt and overly large for his small, wiry frame. He had a feathered hat on his head that slid over his eyes, all four of which were the color of raw sunshine.

”It's okay, it was an accident." Odyssey told him, ruffling his wings as he began to pull himself to his feet. "You don't have to—"

The mirror kid had bolted off in a blur of pearly white scales, vanishing from Odyssey's sight as quickly as he had appeared, the clatter of his claws quickly fading into the mingled chatter of the surrounding crowds.

Odyssey stared after him, mildly bemused. What was that about? He wondered, wrinkling his nose thoughtfully. I could have at least asked for his na—oh no.

At his side, just beneath his left wing, which used to have a sheathed magical sword tucked into the crevice beneath his arm, there was now nothing but empty air.

Empty air, it seemed, that was far colder than Yuki's breath could ever be.

”Hey!" He yelled into the crowd, instantly on his feet and taking off in the direction the little mirror had bolted in. He couldn't tell if the mirror was anywhere near him, but he had to try. ”Hey, you! Come back!"

Even as he ran and ducked through the crowds of dragons, accidentally stepping on several people's tails and nearly crashing into a coatl who was handing a glass of pomegranate juice to a tundra wearing bows around her horns, he could feel a trail of icy cold dread slide down his back.

That's my father's sword. He thought to himself, a scowl tugging at his lips as he leapt over a pair of faes seated on a mushroom, submerged within their game of cards. I'm not letting you steal it.

Odyssey may have been unsure about a lot of things, but not this. He knew. . . he knew, he would do anything to get his father's sword back. He would get it back, and never let anybody take his father's memory from him ever again.

No matter what.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]DUN DUN [i]DUNNNNN
7xmmeMg.png
DUN DUN DUNNNNN
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
What a little punk, stealing Odyssy's sword like that!
What a little punk, stealing Odyssy's sword like that!
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
o o f
o o f
HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE CAT AND MOUSE CHASE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!! MWA HA HA!!!!!!!!
HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE CAT AND MOUSE CHASE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!! MWA HA HA!!!!!!!!
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)

(*distant incoherent screaming*)

Day 175:
Aiden soared silently over the darkened, abandoned edge of town, where the flames lit within the shabby lanterns flickered and dimmed and the streets were so quiet one would think even the insects were asleep.

"This wasn't a good idea." He muttered darkly to himself, impatiently twitching his claws as his wide-swept wings carried him over a chipped, broken fountain depicting a guardian holding a book, half its talons missing and a horn broken off. "Can't see why a hatchling would ever come here."

He angled his wings and swooped back towards the ground, catching the air like a sail before he hit the unpaved, gingerly landing on his feet like a nimble cat. "Wouldn't imagine Hester's doing any better, though." He added to himself as he continued onward, feeling the heat emanating from his glossy hide of scales as he quietly continued walking down the abandoned roads.

"An orphanage, please." He added dryly with a bark of sarcastic laughter, the sound almost echoing back to him from the long, empty pathways. "Maybe she was right. August is probably doing this to keep us occupied."

His talon suddenly hit something sharp embedded in the earth and Aiden immediately flung his wings out, snout twitching warily as his fins trembled and shook as if trying to sense vibrations in the air.

The young mirror turned his head and craned his neck towards the floor, squinting at the earth to see what he'd hit. It sure hadn't felt like a rock, and it wasn't. Instead, it appeared to be a tiny dragon wing sticking straight out of the ground, chiseled out of dark rock that seemed to catch and warp the light around in like an inverted prism.

"Huh. Weird." Aiden murmured to himself, unable to resist turning around completely and clawing the earth away from this tiny little figurine buried in the ground. "Maybe someone lost it."

He scraped away the last talonful of dirt and flicked a few more pointy rocks aside before reaching in and scooping the figure out of the little gap he'd made in the ground. Aiden turned it around in his talons, feeling a look of awe trickle over his face.

"An Onyx Shadowbinder Idol." He murmured to himself, sitting back on his hunches as he lifted the little ebony figure to his eyes. "I wonder how long it's been here. . ."

It looked. . . surprisingly real. Aiden had learned about the Shadow Flight's culture and rituals from one of the many scrolls Satira had begun to hoard about the homeland she'd never been to, and he distinctly remembered how some dragons built these as decorations for their homes, others as a way of honoring their deity or hoping for a year of good luck.

The one he held in his hand shimmered and sparkled like shards of glass in sunlight, except this one seemed to reflect the shadows, swelling and spinning beneath the influence if the darkness.

Aiden could've sworn it winked at him.

Suddenly, there was a faint flicker of darkness to his left and the mirror's head instantly shot up. He carefully tucked the idol beneath his wing, feeling a growl bubble up in his throat. Shifting shadows. A quiet breath of wind.

And then he was gone.

sUmMOn tHE cONfETtI

(*distant incoherent screaming*)

Day 175:
Aiden soared silently over the darkened, abandoned edge of town, where the flames lit within the shabby lanterns flickered and dimmed and the streets were so quiet one would think even the insects were asleep.

"This wasn't a good idea." He muttered darkly to himself, impatiently twitching his claws as his wide-swept wings carried him over a chipped, broken fountain depicting a guardian holding a book, half its talons missing and a horn broken off. "Can't see why a hatchling would ever come here."

He angled his wings and swooped back towards the ground, catching the air like a sail before he hit the unpaved, gingerly landing on his feet like a nimble cat. "Wouldn't imagine Hester's doing any better, though." He added to himself as he continued onward, feeling the heat emanating from his glossy hide of scales as he quietly continued walking down the abandoned roads.

"An orphanage, please." He added dryly with a bark of sarcastic laughter, the sound almost echoing back to him from the long, empty pathways. "Maybe she was right. August is probably doing this to keep us occupied."

His talon suddenly hit something sharp embedded in the earth and Aiden immediately flung his wings out, snout twitching warily as his fins trembled and shook as if trying to sense vibrations in the air.

The young mirror turned his head and craned his neck towards the floor, squinting at the earth to see what he'd hit. It sure hadn't felt like a rock, and it wasn't. Instead, it appeared to be a tiny dragon wing sticking straight out of the ground, chiseled out of dark rock that seemed to catch and warp the light around in like an inverted prism.

"Huh. Weird." Aiden murmured to himself, unable to resist turning around completely and clawing the earth away from this tiny little figurine buried in the ground. "Maybe someone lost it."

He scraped away the last talonful of dirt and flicked a few more pointy rocks aside before reaching in and scooping the figure out of the little gap he'd made in the ground. Aiden turned it around in his talons, feeling a look of awe trickle over his face.

"An Onyx Shadowbinder Idol." He murmured to himself, sitting back on his hunches as he lifted the little ebony figure to his eyes. "I wonder how long it's been here. . ."

It looked. . . surprisingly real. Aiden had learned about the Shadow Flight's culture and rituals from one of the many scrolls Satira had begun to hoard about the homeland she'd never been to, and he distinctly remembered how some dragons built these as decorations for their homes, others as a way of honoring their deity or hoping for a year of good luck.

The one he held in his hand shimmered and sparkled like shards of glass in sunlight, except this one seemed to reflect the shadows, swelling and spinning beneath the influence if the darkness.

Aiden could've sworn it winked at him.

Suddenly, there was a faint flicker of darkness to his left and the mirror's head instantly shot up. He carefully tucked the idol beneath his wing, feeling a growl bubble up in his throat. Shifting shadows. A quiet breath of wind.

And then he was gone.

sUmMOn tHE cONfETtI
:O

Mysterious
:O

Mysterious
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]A tiny, potentially living Shadowbinder figurine? YES PLEASE
7xmmeMg.png
A tiny, potentially living Shadowbinder figurine? YES PLEASE
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
1 2 ... 233 234 235 236 237 ... 247 248