Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 247 248
[center][item=moldy leather] (HEYOOOOOOOO) [b]Day 167:[/b] Myu leapt through the forest with the practised finesse of an agile cat, his large, bulky body slipping in between the trees and leaping over branches as smoothly as a winter breeze. He clutched a bundle of fat leaves in his mouth, his sharp teeth piercing their thick, dark green skin as sap stung his tongue with a sharp, minty taste. The guardian brushed past another clump of weeds, nearly tangling his claws on the undergrowth. Then he burst through a final shaft of trees, elegantly loping into a clearing with the grace of a large horse. Sierra instantly glanced up and met his eyes, a look of pure relief overwhelming her features. [b]"Oh, Myu, thank you so much!"[/b] She crowned as he obediently dropped the ever-so-slightly nibbled leaves onto the grassy forest floor. [b]"I never thought I'd be able to get my claws on some Nurturing Prickleleaves after I sent Rowena off for the Boysenberries."[/b] The ridgeback grabbed a few leaves off the floor, not caring how sap and a bit of guardian saliva smudged her already plant-stained claws. She bent over Seraphim's limp form, her tail keenly aware of the faint heartbeat concealed somewhere deep in his chest, like a distant light spotted through a thick fog. The ridgeback twisted her claws together, wringing some yellowish-green juice from the leaves that dribbled into a bowl filled with an assortment of colored berries. [b]"Ha ha! [i]You[/i] guys can't do this!"[/b] A familiar, slightly irritating voice called from just beyond the clearing seconds before a dazzling blue wildclaw leapt out from between the trees. His claws were flexed and glowing faintly, but in an odd colorless way, the air more simmering between his clawtips like heat on a hot day than in an actual discernible color. Small, crystalline snowflakes spun around his talons like puppets, dancing and skipping over his scales and sweeping around his wings until they created an illusion of a constant winter breeze swirling around the young dragon like a sort of halo. West turned his head and stuck his tongue out at a cluster of unseen dragons, teasingly wiggling his claws at them as more specks of snow drifted around his fingertips. [b]"West!"[/b] Sierra barked, making the wildclaw flinch and spin towards her like a startled cat. [b]"You're not supposed to be here! Go show off your magic somewhere else, okay?"[/b] A few heartbeats passed with only Seraphim's weak, wheezing breaths and the distant wingbeats of an owl to be heard. [b]"Okay, fine."[/b] West muttered, wrinkling his nose distastefully at them before vanishing back into the trees with a flick of his tail. Sierra sighed and turned back to the fae, mixing her weird concoction even further until it barely resemble the color gray. It sure [i]looked[/i] healthy though. Maybe that counted for something. [b]"Myu, thank you so much for being a great help."[/b] The ridgeback added, not taking her eyes off her task. Myu purred happily, a deep, throaty rumbling emanating from his throat. A faint smile crossed Sierra's face, like a short, refreshing breeze blowing over a dry desert. [b]"Feel free to go spend time with your friends, okay? I think it'd be best if I work alone for now."[/b] Myu nodded, grinning toothily to himself. However, before slinking off between the trees again, the guardian approached Seraphim's side, the fae hardly any larger than his talon. Bending down beside him and lowering his head so that he could peer into the fae's peaceful face, Myu brushed the fae's tail with his own. [b]"Get good soon."[/b] The guardian murmured quietly, a little puff of breath from his nostrils making the little dragon's frills flutter gently. Seraphim showed no sign of having heard, splayed across the forest floor like a puppet with it's strings cut, his eyes shut in peaceful slumber and mouth parted slightly as he struggled to pull air into his lungs. Without another word, Myu sat back up, smiling sadly to himself, and left the clearing with no more sound than rustling leaves. Oliver suddenly leapt out of the trees with a joyful cooing sound, landing squarely on Myu's head and gnawing enthusiastically on his ears. Myu did a sort of deep-throated yelp back at the little Owlcat, playfully twisting around to bat at his tawny feathers. Oliver trilled in mock protest, sharply jabbing at the guardian's tail tip with his thin, narrow beak. Myu growled playfully and shook his head, forcing the owlcat to curl his claws around the large dragon's horns with a startled cry in order to stay on. Myu smiled toothily to himself again before taking off bounding through the forest, Oliver indignantly ruffling his wings and clinging to the guardian's head with all his might as thick tree branches swept past them like leaves in a tornado. Then there was a light rustle; a soft breath of wind stirring the air. Myu instantly stopped, soundlessly throwing out his wings and skidding near silently to a halt on the wet leaves beneath his feet. Oliver let out a wrangled squawk of surprise, but quieted quickly after seeing the look that dawned over Myu's face. The guardian's head was tilted curiously, his neck craned in an arch as his nostrils twitched for any trace of an unfamiliar scent. Myu slowly pivoted his head to the left, his dark purple eyes narrowed at a peculiar-looking bush clumped in between two large, thorny trees. Then something flashed and a dragon suddenly sat there, several wing-lengths away and inspecting something on the ground with a bowed head and bared teeth. They had spots that perfectly echoed Myu's stretching the length of their entire body, making their claws all the way to their wings. Myu couldn't help but be intrigued, silently slinking closer and peering at the strange new dragon from between the trees. They definitely weren't Fable. Fable may bear the same markings, but Myu could tell that this dragon was older, leaner, slinking across the ground like a predator on the hunt. The fins on either side of their head twitched and swayed with the changing on the winds, their narrow, sharp-jawed head swinging around to squint suspiciously at their surrounding with four pupilless, milky brown eyes. Then another flash of scales and a skittering of claws and they were gone.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678[/size]

(HEYOOOOOOOO)

Day 167:
Myu leapt through the forest with the practised finesse of an agile cat, his large, bulky body slipping in between the trees and leaping over branches as smoothly as a winter breeze. He clutched a bundle of fat leaves in his mouth, his sharp teeth piercing their thick, dark green skin as sap stung his tongue with a sharp, minty taste. The guardian brushed past another clump of weeds, nearly tangling his claws on the undergrowth.

Then he burst through a final shaft of trees, elegantly loping into a clearing with the grace of a large horse. Sierra instantly glanced up and met his eyes, a look of pure relief overwhelming her features. "Oh, Myu, thank you so much!" She crowned as he obediently dropped the ever-so-slightly nibbled leaves onto the grassy forest floor. "I never thought I'd be able to get my claws on some Nurturing Prickleleaves after I sent Rowena off for the Boysenberries."

The ridgeback grabbed a few leaves off the floor, not caring how sap and a bit of guardian saliva smudged her already plant-stained claws. She bent over Seraphim's limp form, her tail keenly aware of the faint heartbeat concealed somewhere deep in his chest, like a distant light spotted through a thick fog. The ridgeback twisted her claws together, wringing some yellowish-green juice from the leaves that dribbled into a bowl filled with an assortment of colored berries.

"Ha ha! You guys can't do this!" A familiar, slightly irritating voice called from just beyond the clearing seconds before a dazzling blue wildclaw leapt out from between the trees. His claws were flexed and glowing faintly, but in an odd colorless way, the air more simmering between his clawtips like heat on a hot day than in an actual discernible color.

Small, crystalline snowflakes spun around his talons like puppets, dancing and skipping over his scales and sweeping around his wings until they created an illusion of a constant winter breeze swirling around the young dragon like a sort of halo. West turned his head and stuck his tongue out at a cluster of unseen dragons, teasingly wiggling his claws at them as more specks of snow drifted around his fingertips.

"West!" Sierra barked, making the wildclaw flinch and spin towards her like a startled cat. "You're not supposed to be here! Go show off your magic somewhere else, okay?" A few heartbeats passed with only Seraphim's weak, wheezing breaths and the distant wingbeats of an owl to be heard.

"Okay, fine." West muttered, wrinkling his nose distastefully at them before vanishing back into the trees with a flick of his tail. Sierra sighed and turned back to the fae, mixing her weird concoction even further until it barely resemble the color gray. It sure looked healthy though. Maybe that counted for something.

"Myu, thank you so much for being a great help." The ridgeback added, not taking her eyes off her task. Myu purred happily, a deep, throaty rumbling emanating from his throat. A faint smile crossed Sierra's face, like a short, refreshing breeze blowing over a dry desert. "Feel free to go spend time with your friends, okay? I think it'd be best if I work alone for now."

Myu nodded, grinning toothily to himself. However, before slinking off between the trees again, the guardian approached Seraphim's side, the fae hardly any larger than his talon. Bending down beside him and lowering his head so that he could peer into the fae's peaceful face, Myu brushed the fae's tail with his own.

"Get good soon." The guardian murmured quietly, a little puff of breath from his nostrils making the little dragon's frills flutter gently. Seraphim showed no sign of having heard, splayed across the forest floor like a puppet with it's strings cut, his eyes shut in peaceful slumber and mouth parted slightly as he struggled to pull air into his lungs. Without another word, Myu sat back up, smiling sadly to himself, and left the clearing with no more sound than rustling leaves.

Oliver suddenly leapt out of the trees with a joyful cooing sound, landing squarely on Myu's head and gnawing enthusiastically on his ears. Myu did a sort of deep-throated yelp back at the little Owlcat, playfully twisting around to bat at his tawny feathers. Oliver trilled in mock protest, sharply jabbing at the guardian's tail tip with his thin, narrow beak.

Myu growled playfully and shook his head, forcing the owlcat to curl his claws around the large dragon's horns with a startled cry in order to stay on. Myu smiled toothily to himself again before taking off bounding through the forest, Oliver indignantly ruffling his wings and clinging to the guardian's head with all his might as thick tree branches swept past them like leaves in a tornado.

Then there was a light rustle; a soft breath of wind stirring the air. Myu instantly stopped, soundlessly throwing out his wings and skidding near silently to a halt on the wet leaves beneath his feet. Oliver let out a wrangled squawk of surprise, but quieted quickly after seeing the look that dawned over Myu's face.

The guardian's head was tilted curiously, his neck craned in an arch as his nostrils twitched for any trace of an unfamiliar scent. Myu slowly pivoted his head to the left, his dark purple eyes narrowed at a peculiar-looking bush clumped in between two large, thorny trees.

Then something flashed and a dragon suddenly sat there, several wing-lengths away and inspecting something on the ground with a bowed head and bared teeth. They had spots that perfectly echoed Myu's stretching the length of their entire body, making their claws all the way to their wings. Myu couldn't help but be intrigued, silently slinking closer and peering at the strange new dragon from between the trees.

They definitely weren't Fable. Fable may bear the same markings, but Myu could tell that this dragon was older, leaner, slinking across the ground like a predator on the hunt. The fins on either side of their head twitched and swayed with the changing on the winds, their narrow, sharp-jawed head swinging around to squint suspiciously at their surrounding with four pupilless, milky brown eyes.

Then another flash of scales and a skittering of claws and they were gone.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678
@Aetherstorm WELP. That's some dark magic right there.
@Aetherstorm WELP. That's some dark magic right there.
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dcled6c.gif
Ooooooo what a great last update of the year!
Ooooooo what a great last update of the year!
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
MYSTERIOUS GANG GROUP DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ALSO HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MYSTERIOUS GANG GROUP DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ALSO HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
Happy new year! About 20ish minutes till midnight for me right now :P
Happy new year! About 20ish minutes till midnight for me right now :P
rTkdxE5.png Demipan
They/Them

FR + 3h
xK9J5srt.jpg
tLzpDbt.png
[center][item=flying gurnard] (Terribly sorry for hurtling a half-baked NotN update at your heads ^^') [b]Day 168:[/b] [b]"Ajax. . . hey, [i]Ajax[/i]."[/b] Satira hissed quietly, her small, sharp eyes sweeping through the looming shadows in an effort to discern her camouflage friend from the surrounding darkness. [b]"Please, Ajax. Come out and talk. Everyone's worried about you! I think it'd do you some good to come out into the sun."[/b] There was a long pause after the nocturne spoke, nothing more than shifting shadows shying away from the glowing runes seared into her scales meeting her eyes. [b][i]"The sun?"[/i][/b] A voice suddenly hissed, just beside her ear. Satira leaped away, just barley biting down a shriek as she whirled around and came face-to-face with a dark indigo spiral, his haunted, pale green eyes boring into hers, flickering darkly as if they mirrored the surrounding shadows, threatening to swallow them whole. His mouth moved, but she barely recognized the voice leaving his lips. [b][i]"Where is the sun?"[/i][/b] Satira gulped nervously, taking a step backwards, her tail sliding over the ground with an uncannily loud rustle. [b]"The. . . the sun is always there, Ajax."[/b] She started nervously, her fear swelling as her voice dropped into a hoarse, scared whisper. Her talons moved to brush his shoulder, almost unconsciously, but she jerked them back, a worried frown playing at her lips. [b]"A–are you okay? I don't think isolating yourself like this is healthy. . ."[/b] [font=chalkduster][i]"Nonsense."[/i][/font] Ajax suddenly growled, his voice thrown into a pitch that chilled Satira down to the depths of her bones as he grabbed her talons. [b]"Come on."[/b] He added quietly, in a normal voice, the haunted look even leaving his eyes for a split second. For a small heartbeat, a small, toothy smile appeared on the spiral's face. [b]"I want to show you something."[/b] Clutching Satira's talons like they were the last thing keeping him from simply floating away, Ajax turned toward the inviting darkness of the forest, starting towards it and gently leading Satira after him like he was coaxing a baby deer to walk beside him. Satira fought to stay as silent as she possibly could, shaking slightly as the shadows slid over her scales like hungry, groping talons. [b][i]"Right here."[/i][/b] Ajax breathed suddenly, his voice regaining it's odd, breathy sort of tone. [b][i]"Look. Look really closely at it."[/i][/b] He added in a quiet murmur. [b][i]"See if you can see what I can see."[/b][/i] He added, hissing into her ear like an ominous prophet predicting the deaths of millions. [b][i]"I don't want to be alone here anymore."[/b][/i] Trying to contain her fear, Satira turned towards the darkness, squinting closely at nothing in particular with high hopes she'd be able to help her friend. Slowly, amidst the blank darkness spread over the floor like a blanket, something started to form. It was tiny at first, then swelled larger, and larger, until it bore a strikingly similar resemblance to a. . . a [i]wolf[/i]. A wolf composed entirely of darkness. [b]"Isn't it beautiful?"[/b] Ajax said beside her, his voice nearly trembling with awe. [b]"It says it can help us. Give us gifts."[/b] For a second, Ajax simply stood there, his arched neck and narrow head fixated on the shadowy beast in front of them. Then he turned his head and fixated Satira once more with his piercing, haunted gaze. [b][i]"It asked for you."[/i][/b] He added quietly, a note of hurt almost audible in his tone. [b][i]"It wants to give us gifts, Satira."[/i][/b] [b]"What kind of gifts?"[/b] Satira asked, her voice low so as to fit the atmosphere. She couldn't quite explain it, but her fear was fading. Fading away into nothingness, replaced by some sort of reverence. Ajax shrugged, his quick, fluid movement barely discernible from the tangled shadows. [b]"We'll have to find out."[/b] He murmured, almost so quiet Satira couldn't catch his words. Then the wolf lunged; without warning, without even so much of a twitch, it simply flung itself at them. Satira wasn't even able to yelp in surprise before darkness rushed up around her eyes and tucked her away into a world of quiet nothingness like a curtain drawn over her eyes. Then there were [i]feelings[/i]. Feelings that weren't quite hers and near incomprehensible. They were confusing, to say the least. Then something both soft and scratchy brushed past her claws, and she was mercilessly chucked into the waking world again. Satira stumbled and gasped as if she'd been physically tossed through the air, temporarily blinded by dizziness and desperately trying to find a firm hold on the earth beneath her talons. Then claws firmly gripped her shoulder, gently steadying her so she stopped spinning around like an enchanted top. The shape of these claws was unfamiliar, but their warmth and the oddly embarrassing spark they sent shooting up her wingtips was all too recognizable. But before she could turn around to inspect this weird phenomenon, Satira found something else sitting at her talons, it's plush tail curled around it's floppy legs and curiously-shaped head staring up at her like an attentive, attention-seeking dog. The only difference was that this was a puppet. Only the claws fixated on her shoulders kept Satira from stumbling backward, crying out in shock. Sensing her movement, the puppet twitched it's head, tilting its chin sideways like a wolf that had smelled meat. It's eerie, separately-colored, literal button eyes unnerved her, the long needles sticking out of mismatched patches of felt on its hide gleaming like swords. If she had to guess, Satira would say it was supposed to resemble a mirror. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/28771.png[/img] [i]Desdemona.[/i] A mysterious voice into her brain, making the nocturne spasm as if a snowball had been chucked against the back of her neck. [i]That is its name. Desdemona. Unlucky. Misfortunate. It will assist you in assisting us; that is its punishment.[/i] Satira didn't know how to respond, her breath catch weirdly in her throat. The puppet–Desdemona–continued staring at her with its unmoving eyes. Satira tried smiling at it, but it came out as more of a petrified grimace. [font=chalkduster][i]"Satira."[/i][/font] Ajax said, his voice taking on that terrifying, bone-chilling quality, but so full of hope and happiness she could hardly be scared anyways. [font=chalkduster][i]"Did you hear them? Did you hear them too?"[/i][/font] Ajax slid into her line of sight, grinning toothily. [font=chalkduster][i]"They [i]spoke[/i] to me! What's your gift?"[/i][/font] For a few second, Satira could only stare at him in disbelief. Ajax had. . . changed. He was no longer thin and lanky, with eight pairs of nimble wings and large, pale green eyes the size of her fist. No. Now he resembled. . . her. Bat-like wings, several horns arching from both sides of his head, lean, narrow feet and ridges lining his neck. He'd become a [i]nocturne[/i]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40364711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/403648/40364711_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"A-Ajax!"[/b] Satira started, unable to withhold a gasp. [b]"You've. . . you changed!"[/b] She added dumbly. Ajax grinned further at her, now unusual, pitch-black, talon-shaped scars snaking over his scales becoming visible as his face practically lit up with happiness. [font=chalkduster][i]"It's incredible, isn't it?"[/i][/font] He sighed with reverence, gazing down at his newly altered talons with pride. [font=chalkduster][i]"Your gift seems cool too! I'm sure it has a great impact if They decided to give it to you."[/i][/font] Ajax added, glancing down as Desdemona. It simply twisted its head around like a puppet to stare at him, showing no other signs of movement. This did nothing to chase the overjoyed look from Ajax's face. [font=chalkduster][i]"Come on! We must show everybody."[/i][/font] Ajax insisted in his newly altered voice. [font=chalkduster][i]"Nico went hunting this way. He'll be excited too!"[/i][/font] He grabbed her talons again and excitedly dragged her off, the new narrow, tight grip of his claws feeling both comforting and unsettling to Satira at the same time. Desdemona followed closely behind them, plodding along the floor with its plush, nub-ended legs as it stuck to Satira like a shadow. From the spot in the air where now the absence of shadowy wolf lingered came a faint whisper. Coarse, like desert sands, but able to send a chill down a dragon's spine like a cool winter breeze. [font=Thriller][i]We'll be waiting.[/i][/font][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678[/size] [i]*claps hands together*[/i] Oh, boy! What a nocturne-y night this is! I hope everybody enjoys this sudden, completely random and unexplained and probably pointless plot twist XP I really hope everyone had a freakin' amazing new years and incredible holidays and a great break because there's [i]school[/i] tomorrow, blech, but that y'all had a great time nonetheless! Also, I have a spare Nocturne egg!!! [i]*jazz hands*[/i] [item=unhatched nocturne egg] I figured it'd be cool if I could have a free little raffle on the Pinkerlocke, kind of like how we did that dragon-choosing one for Dawn :D All you've got to do if ask to be on the list, and you've got a chance to win a free nocturne egg! You'll be able to get more than one slot if you don't have any gen ones, are new, haven't found a nocturne egg yet, are having a bad life, or really anything worth getting sympathy for. So, just. . . tell me, I guess. Oh, and you have to be on the pinglist, but I'm sure you all have got that covered ;3 The only requirement is that you hatch it as soon as possible and show me what you get!! Also no selling the hatchie for fodder. That'd be a real jerk move. Have a happy life, I guess!

(Terribly sorry for hurtling a half-baked NotN update at your heads ^^')

Day 168:
"Ajax. . . hey, Ajax." Satira hissed quietly, her small, sharp eyes sweeping through the looming shadows in an effort to discern her camouflage friend from the surrounding darkness. "Please, Ajax. Come out and talk. Everyone's worried about you! I think it'd do you some good to come out into the sun."

There was a long pause after the nocturne spoke, nothing more than shifting shadows shying away from the glowing runes seared into her scales meeting her eyes. "The sun?" A voice suddenly hissed, just beside her ear. Satira leaped away, just barley biting down a shriek as she whirled around and came face-to-face with a dark indigo spiral, his haunted, pale green eyes boring into hers, flickering darkly as if they mirrored the surrounding shadows, threatening to swallow them whole. His mouth moved, but she barely recognized the voice leaving his lips. "Where is the sun?"

Satira gulped nervously, taking a step backwards, her tail sliding over the ground with an uncannily loud rustle. "The. . . the sun is always there, Ajax." She started nervously, her fear swelling as her voice dropped into a hoarse, scared whisper. Her talons moved to brush his shoulder, almost unconsciously, but she jerked them back, a worried frown playing at her lips. "A–are you okay? I don't think isolating yourself like this is healthy. . ."

"Nonsense." Ajax suddenly growled, his voice thrown into a pitch that chilled Satira down to the depths of her bones as he grabbed her talons. "Come on." He added quietly, in a normal voice, the haunted look even leaving his eyes for a split second. For a small heartbeat, a small, toothy smile appeared on the spiral's face. "I want to show you something."

Clutching Satira's talons like they were the last thing keeping him from simply floating away, Ajax turned toward the inviting darkness of the forest, starting towards it and gently leading Satira after him like he was coaxing a baby deer to walk beside him. Satira fought to stay as silent as she possibly could, shaking slightly as the shadows slid over her scales like hungry, groping talons.

"Right here." Ajax breathed suddenly, his voice regaining it's odd, breathy sort of tone. "Look. Look really closely at it." He added in a quiet murmur. "See if you can see what I can see." He added, hissing into her ear like an ominous prophet predicting the deaths of millions. "I don't want to be alone here anymore."

Trying to contain her fear, Satira turned towards the darkness, squinting closely at nothing in particular with high hopes she'd be able to help her friend. Slowly, amidst the blank darkness spread over the floor like a blanket, something started to form. It was tiny at first, then swelled larger, and larger, until it bore a strikingly similar resemblance to a. . . a wolf.

A wolf composed entirely of darkness.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Ajax said beside her, his voice nearly trembling with awe. "It says it can help us. Give us gifts." For a second, Ajax simply stood there, his arched neck and narrow head fixated on the shadowy beast in front of them. Then he turned his head and fixated Satira once more with his piercing, haunted gaze. "It asked for you." He added quietly, a note of hurt almost audible in his tone. "It wants to give us gifts, Satira."

"What kind of gifts?" Satira asked, her voice low so as to fit the atmosphere. She couldn't quite explain it, but her fear was fading. Fading away into nothingness, replaced by some sort of reverence. Ajax shrugged, his quick, fluid movement barely discernible from the tangled shadows. "We'll have to find out." He murmured, almost so quiet Satira couldn't catch his words.

Then the wolf lunged; without warning, without even so much of a twitch, it simply flung itself at them. Satira wasn't even able to yelp in surprise before darkness rushed up around her eyes and tucked her away into a world of quiet nothingness like a curtain drawn over her eyes. Then there were feelings. Feelings that weren't quite hers and near incomprehensible. They were confusing, to say the least. Then something both soft and scratchy brushed past her claws, and she was mercilessly chucked into the waking world again.

Satira stumbled and gasped as if she'd been physically tossed through the air, temporarily blinded by dizziness and desperately trying to find a firm hold on the earth beneath her talons. Then claws firmly gripped her shoulder, gently steadying her so she stopped spinning around like an enchanted top. The shape of these claws was unfamiliar, but their warmth and the oddly embarrassing spark they sent shooting up her wingtips was all too recognizable.

But before she could turn around to inspect this weird phenomenon, Satira found something else sitting at her talons, it's plush tail curled around it's floppy legs and curiously-shaped head staring up at her like an attentive, attention-seeking dog. The only difference was that this was a puppet.

Only the claws fixated on her shoulders kept Satira from stumbling backward, crying out in shock. Sensing her movement, the puppet twitched it's head, tilting its chin sideways like a wolf that had smelled meat. It's eerie, separately-colored, literal button eyes unnerved her, the long needles sticking out of mismatched patches of felt on its hide gleaming like swords. If she had to guess, Satira would say it was supposed to resemble a mirror.
28771.png
Desdemona. A mysterious voice into her brain, making the nocturne spasm as if a snowball had been chucked against the back of her neck. That is its name. Desdemona. Unlucky. Misfortunate. It will assist you in assisting us; that is its punishment. Satira didn't know how to respond, her breath catch weirdly in her throat. The puppet–Desdemona–continued staring at her with its unmoving eyes. Satira tried smiling at it, but it came out as more of a petrified grimace.

"Satira." Ajax said, his voice taking on that terrifying, bone-chilling quality, but so full of hope and happiness she could hardly be scared anyways. "Did you hear them? Did you hear them too?" Ajax slid into her line of sight, grinning toothily. "They spoke to me! What's your gift?"

For a few second, Satira could only stare at him in disbelief. Ajax had. . . changed. He was no longer thin and lanky, with eight pairs of nimble wings and large, pale green eyes the size of her fist. No. Now he resembled. . . her. Bat-like wings, several horns arching from both sides of his head, lean, narrow feet and ridges lining his neck. He'd become a nocturne.

40364711_350.png

"A-Ajax!" Satira started, unable to withhold a gasp. "You've. . . you changed!" She added dumbly. Ajax grinned further at her, now unusual, pitch-black, talon-shaped scars snaking over his scales becoming visible as his face practically lit up with happiness.

"It's incredible, isn't it?" He sighed with reverence, gazing down at his newly altered talons with pride. "Your gift seems cool too! I'm sure it has a great impact if They decided to give it to you." Ajax added, glancing down as Desdemona. It simply twisted its head around like a puppet to stare at him, showing no other signs of movement. This did nothing to chase the overjoyed look from Ajax's face.

"Come on! We must show everybody." Ajax insisted in his newly altered voice. "Nico went hunting this way. He'll be excited too!" He grabbed her talons again and excitedly dragged her off, the new narrow, tight grip of his claws feeling both comforting and unsettling to Satira at the same time.

Desdemona followed closely behind them, plodding along the floor with its plush, nub-ended legs as it stuck to Satira like a shadow. From the spot in the air where now the absence of shadowy wolf lingered came a faint whisper. Coarse, like desert sands, but able to send a chill down a dragon's spine like a cool winter breeze.

We'll be waiting.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond @Tirtouga678
*claps hands together*
Oh, boy! What a nocturne-y night this is!

I hope everybody enjoys this sudden, completely random and unexplained and probably pointless plot twist XP I really hope everyone had a freakin' amazing new years and incredible holidays and a great break because there's school tomorrow, blech, but that y'all had a great time nonetheless!

Also, I have a spare Nocturne egg!!! *jazz hands*

I figured it'd be cool if I could have a free little raffle on the Pinkerlocke, kind of like how we did that dragon-choosing one for Dawn :D

All you've got to do if ask to be on the list, and you've got a chance to win a free nocturne egg! You'll be able to get more than one slot if you don't have any gen ones, are new, haven't found a nocturne egg yet, are having a bad life, or really anything worth getting sympathy for. So, just. . . tell me, I guess. Oh, and you have to be on the pinglist, but I'm sure you all have got that covered ;3

The only requirement is that you hatch it as soon as possible and show me what you get!! Also no selling the hatchie for fodder. That'd be a real jerk move.

Have a happy life, I guess!
@aetherstorm hi hello I'd like to petition to fall under the category for "having a bad life" due to still recovering from surgery thank you have a nice day

also your 'half baked" writing still looks better than mine whenever I read writing from last night the next day
@aetherstorm hi hello I'd like to petition to fall under the category for "having a bad life" due to still recovering from surgery thank you have a nice day

also your 'half baked" writing still looks better than mine whenever I read writing from last night the next day
@Catkidemma
I do agree that you would qualify for that section. Signing you right up!

Okay so I'ma go to bed now. Byeeeee :D
@Catkidemma
I do agree that you would qualify for that section. Signing you right up!

Okay so I'ma go to bed now. Byeeeee :D
@Aetherstorm byeeee <3
@Aetherstorm byeeee <3
@Aetherstorm I'm not signing up for a raffling but you said that you had a "spare" nocturne egg so that means you have more but how many more?

AND ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE ODDS/LUCK OF GETTING 2 NOCTURNE EGGS IN A ROW FROM THE MYSTERY CHESTS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Oh and did anyone else get more than one nocturne egg?)
@Aetherstorm I'm not signing up for a raffling but you said that you had a "spare" nocturne egg so that means you have more but how many more?

AND ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE ODDS/LUCK OF GETTING 2 NOCTURNE EGGS IN A ROW FROM THE MYSTERY CHESTS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Oh and did anyone else get more than one nocturne egg?)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
1 2 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 247 248