Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 224 225 226 227 228 ... 247 248
[center][item=unearthly onyx nightshroud] (No, I didn’t actually get this from Pink, but I figured it fit and I do actually have one and I got apparel anyways :P) [b]Day 165:[/b] Lost stressfully paced back and forth in front of her nest, Arion curled up beside her with a softly sorrowful, sympathetic look on his face. [b]“This is bad.”[/b] The pearlcatcher murmured, lashing her tail as she trampled a small cluster of dandelions. [b]“This is [i]very[/i] bad. And wrong. Oh, everything’s gone wrong.”[/b] She added miserably, staring at her talons as if they were knives. [b]“Nothing is wrong, Lost. Everything’s fine.”[/b] Arion tried to assure her gently, unable to wipe the concerned look from his face. Lost spun around to face him with a huff, lifting one of her eggs out of the delicately woven nest of bamboo and dried grass and thrusting it as him as though it were a chipped glass vase. [b]“This is not [i]fine[/i], Arion.”[/b] She growled at her mate, gently turning over the egg in her talons. [b]“This is everything [i]but[/i] fine. I knew it was a bad idea. I [i]knew[/i] it.”[/b] She added fiercely beneath her breath, setting the egg back down amongst its siblings and pacing back and forth again. Arion hesitated, fidgeting nervously with his claws. All three eggs had looked fine at first, but after a few hours, something began to change. They shook and wobbled in unnatural ways, even for wind eggs, and almost seemed to vibrate with some weird concealed energy if anyone but Lost herself attempted to touch them. Afterward, odd, faded black splotches begun to appear across the shells, like a splatter of ink spreading across wet paper. They had appeared suddenly, with little explanation, like snow on a summer day. The darkness had spread further until all three eggs appeared to be ensnared by wicked, pitch-black claws and Lost was nearly tearing her mane out with anxiety. [b]“Lost. . . Lost, please.”[/b] Arion started again, getting to his feet and reaching out after his mate. [b]“You really shouldn’t worry this much. It’s not doing anybody any good.”[/b] He caught her talons and swung her around so she could face him, her hollow, beautiful, glowing eyes meeting his own. [b]“But what’s [i]wrong[/i] with them?”[/b] She cried, clutching his talons like they were the only thing keeping her from being blown away by a faint breeze. [b]“This. . . this isn’t normal. I knew. . . I [i]knew[/i] this was a bad idea! But now. . . now we can’t. . .”[/b] She trailed off, her voice catching as she gripped Arion’s talons tighter. He sighed and squeezed her claws back, shooting her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. [b]“Lost, everything will be fine, okay? Sierra said the eggs are still alive and healthy, no matter how different they look.”[/b] He reminded her with a soft tap on the nose. [b]“They may be like you, sure, but if anything in this world has shown me that shade-touched dragons can also be good dragons, it’s you.”[/b] Color rushed into Lost’s face and she ducked her head, keeping her claws curled around Arion’s. [b]“Why are you so amazing?”[/b] She asked him softly with a teasing tone, turning her head up to smile at him. [b]“I guess it has to be my natural charm.”[/b] Arion replied with a small wink, his heart soaring as Lost giggled back at him. [b]“You know what? I think you’re right.”[/b] She told him, leaning against his shoulder. [b]“I have to [i]believe[/i] you’re right.”[/b] She added with a faintly sorrow-touched tone. [b]“The eggs will be fine. They. . . they may be different, but what matters now is that our dragonets live long enough to hatch.”[/b] She added with a mask of determination. Arion nodded, his talons still comfortingly clutching hers. [b]“That’s right.”[/b] He agreed with a quiet murmur, entwining her tail with his. [b]“Everything’ll be perfectly fine.”[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond[/size] Hey guys! This is a little earlier than I promised, but I was just so excited to get this out! Now, I may not be that diligent with posting in the near future, but I’ll soon get into my regular writing routine again, I promise ^w^ [b]Jade:[/b] 42 [b]Opal:[/b] 31 [b]August:[/b] 30 [b]Romeo:[/b] 23 [b]Juno:[/b] 23[size=1]1/2[/size] [b]Lost:[/b] 23 [b]Myu:[/b] 21 [b]Aurora:[/b] 34 [b]Arion:[/b] 25 [b]Ajax:[/b] 21 [b]Satira:[/b] 19 [b]Odyssey:[/b] 18 [b]Fletcher:[/b] 16 [b]Hester:[/b] 13 [b]Seraph:[/b] 26 [b]Aiden:[/b] 15 [b]Fable:[/b] 12 [b]Lucian:[/b] 10 [b]Fog:[/b] [i]???[/i] [b]Lunaria:[/b] 14 [b]Topaz:[/b] 7 [b]Charoite:[/b] 7 [b]June:[/b] 7 [b][i]Temporarily Unnamed[/i]:[/b] [i]???[/i] [b]West:[/b] [i]???[/i] [size=1][s]ahahahaha we don’t know what his age is either XP[/s][/size] [size=2](Edit: @RiaFire11 yes I am Deltarune fandom trash too XP)

(No, I didn’t actually get this from Pink, but I figured it fit and I do actually have one and I got apparel anyways :P)

Day 165:
Lost stressfully paced back and forth in front of her nest, Arion curled up beside her with a softly sorrowful, sympathetic look on his face. “This is bad.” The pearlcatcher murmured, lashing her tail as she trampled a small cluster of dandelions. “This is very bad. And wrong. Oh, everything’s gone wrong.” She added miserably, staring at her talons as if they were knives.

“Nothing is wrong, Lost. Everything’s fine.” Arion tried to assure her gently, unable to wipe the concerned look from his face. Lost spun around to face him with a huff, lifting one of her eggs out of the delicately woven nest of bamboo and dried grass and thrusting it as him as though it were a chipped glass vase.

“This is not fine, Arion.” She growled at her mate, gently turning over the egg in her talons. “This is everything but fine. I knew it was a bad idea. I knew it.” She added fiercely beneath her breath, setting the egg back down amongst its siblings and pacing back and forth again.

Arion hesitated, fidgeting nervously with his claws. All three eggs had looked fine at first, but after a few hours, something began to change. They shook and wobbled in unnatural ways, even for wind eggs, and almost seemed to vibrate with some weird concealed energy if anyone but Lost herself attempted to touch them.

Afterward, odd, faded black splotches begun to appear across the shells, like a splatter of ink spreading across wet paper. They had appeared suddenly, with little explanation, like snow on a summer day. The darkness had spread further until all three eggs appeared to be ensnared by wicked, pitch-black claws and Lost was nearly tearing her mane out with anxiety.

“Lost. . . Lost, please.” Arion started again, getting to his feet and reaching out after his mate. “You really shouldn’t worry this much. It’s not doing anybody any good.” He caught her talons and swung her around so she could face him, her hollow, beautiful, glowing eyes meeting his own.

“But what’s wrong with them?” She cried, clutching his talons like they were the only thing keeping her from being blown away by a faint breeze. “This. . . this isn’t normal. I knew. . . I knew this was a bad idea! But now. . . now we can’t. . .” She trailed off, her voice catching as she gripped Arion’s talons tighter.

He sighed and squeezed her claws back, shooting her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. “Lost, everything will be fine, okay? Sierra said the eggs are still alive and healthy, no matter how different they look.” He reminded her with a soft tap on the nose. “They may be like you, sure, but if anything in this world has shown me that shade-touched dragons can also be good dragons, it’s you.”

Color rushed into Lost’s face and she ducked her head, keeping her claws curled around Arion’s. “Why are you so amazing?” She asked him softly with a teasing tone, turning her head up to smile at him. “I guess it has to be my natural charm.” Arion replied with a small wink, his heart soaring as Lost giggled back at him.

“You know what? I think you’re right.” She told him, leaning against his shoulder. “I have to believe you’re right.” She added with a faintly sorrow-touched tone. “The eggs will be fine. They. . . they may be different, but what matters now is that our dragonets live long enough to hatch.” She added with a mask of determination.

Arion nodded, his talons still comfortingly clutching hers. “That’s right.” He agreed with a quiet murmur, entwining her tail with his. “Everything’ll be perfectly fine.”

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond
Hey guys! This is a little earlier than I promised, but I was just so excited to get this out! Now, I may not be that diligent with posting in the near future, but I’ll soon get into my regular writing routine again, I promise ^w^

Jade: 42
Opal: 31
August: 30
Romeo: 23
Juno: 231/2
Lost: 23
Myu: 21
Aurora: 34
Arion: 25
Ajax: 21
Satira: 19
Odyssey: 18
Fletcher: 16
Hester: 13
Seraph: 26
Aiden: 15
Fable: 12
Lucian: 10
Fog: ???
Lunaria: 14
Topaz: 7
Charoite: 7
June: 7
Temporarily Unnamed: ???
West: ??? ahahahaha we don’t know what his age is either XP

(Edit: @RiaFire11 yes I am Deltarune fandom trash too XP)
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5][size=7][i]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
7xmmeMg.png
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
EGGS!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I hope they are okay, I will protect those babies with my life even if they are evil shade touched babies
EGGS!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I hope they are okay, I will protect those babies with my life even if they are evil shade touched babies
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
HELL YAAASSS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(GASP! Who's your favorite character?)
HELL YAAASSS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(GASP! Who's your favorite character?)
@ObsidianMage
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

@Petall
Yes we will protect the precious shadow children >:3

@RiaFire11
Ralsei is precious but Lancer is the best boi ^w^
@ObsidianMage
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

@Petall
Yes we will protect the precious shadow children >:3

@RiaFire11
Ralsei is precious but Lancer is the best boi ^w^
@Riafire11
I haven't looked at any deltarune stuff yet but I LOVE Undertale.
@Riafire11
I haven't looked at any deltarune stuff yet but I LOVE Undertale.
My name is Millie, I'm a girl, I love to read pinkerlockes but I don't have enough creative talent to write my own.

*Bows*

*Whoopie cushion*
@Aetherstorm On one hand.. I want the babies to be okay. On the other, I want mutated beasts.

ALSO! Ralsei is cute, but Lancer is DEFINITELY BEST BOY.

But Susie is best girl don't fight it.
@Aetherstorm On one hand.. I want the babies to be okay. On the other, I want mutated beasts.

ALSO! Ralsei is cute, but Lancer is DEFINITELY BEST BOY.

But Susie is best girl don't fight it.
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dcled6c.gif
YAY FINALLY A CHRISMAS EVE POST PLEASE DO A REAL CHRISMAS POST
YAY FINALLY A CHRISMAS EVE POST PLEASE DO A REAL CHRISMAS POST
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
[center][item=winter wind] (This is a special winter/holiday episode, so the fact its apparel does not matter in this instance. [Size=1]yeah also it's going to magically start snowing in this episode. Just a heads up.[/size]) [b]Day 166:[/b] Snowflakes fell from the sky like flecks of silver and dashes of pearl, landing softly upon the ground and coating it with a blanket of pure white snow that may as well have been liquid moonlight. Several young dragonets romped around in the snow, trampling it with their little talons and sending clawfuls of it hurtling through the air like miniature comets. A snowball that June had thrown exploded against Topaz's neck, jolting her brother into an upright position with a very high-pitched yelp. [b]"Hey, no fair! I'm not playing!"[/b] Topaz protested grumpily, shaking his head so little bits of snow fell from his mane. [b]"The snow is [i]cold[/i]."[/b] [b]"Then don't [i]sit[/i] in it, beetle brain."[/b] June responded with a toothy grin, packing another ball of snow together with her talons. [b]"That's the whole [i]point[/i]."[/b] She chucked another snowball at him, but Topaz scampered quickly out of the way, the snowball colliding harmlessly with a shaft of bamboo behind his head as Topaz tripped over his own talons and went tumbling headfirst into the snow. [b]"I'm going to tell Mommy!"[/b] He yowled back at her, getting to his feet and shaking snow from his wings. [b]"You're being [i]mean[/i]!"[/b] He swung around with an impressive amount of indignation, flicking his tail absently towards his sister and began sauntering away. [b]"I'm not being mean!"[/b] June yelled after him. [b]"You're just being [i]boring[/i]."[/b] Then nearly a mountain of snow cascaded onto her head like a miniature avalanche, burying the small nocturne under a snout-high pile of snow. The little dragonet squirmed and flailed her limbs, yelling out words until she punched a hole through her makeshift cage and found herself looking into Luce's grinning face. [b]"You used magic!"[/b] June protested, unable to hide the grin that split her face. [b]"You can use magic too."[/b] Luce countered, proudly ruffling his wings as he curled his tail around his talons. The snow was nice. It felt cozy, like a carpet, and crunched beneath his feet with a satisfying sound. [b]"Lookit who I brought!"[/b] He added happily, holding out a squirming Plantation Pincher that struggled feebly in his arms. June's face instantly lit up. [b]"Charlie!"[/b] She squealed happily, taking the crab from Luce and hugging it tightly. Charlie stopped struggling. [b]"Where did you find them?"[/b] [b]"Hiding."[/b] Luce responded with a sneakily mischievous grin. [b]"In the food stores."[/b] June giggled and set Charlie down. It squirmed and twisted so it was staring into her eyes, looking thoroughly miserable in the cold weather. [b]"Naughty Charlie!"[/b] June scolded the crab teasingly, wrinkling her nose as she wagged a claw in it's direction. [b]"You can't steal food!"[/b] Charlie didn't respond, simply snapping it's claws in her direction. [b]"ATTACK!"[/b] Another familiar voice yelled exuberantly, a dark shape hurtling out of the trees and wielding a sword somehow entirely consisting of snow. Charo ran up to his cousin, bringing the sword down as if thrusting a dagger through the scales of an enemy so it struck Luce's neck and exploded in a poof of snowflakes. The coatl and nocturne stared at the small skydancer as he practically collapsed in a fit of laughter, an odd, wheezy sound coming from Charo's throat, as it was unused to making sounds of happiness. [b]"That was [s]so cool[/i]!"[/b] He enthused, the bits of snow stuck to his snout glittering like fallen stars. [b]"Your faces were [i]so funny[/i]!"[/b] Then he fell over laughing again. [b]"How'd you get a snow sword?"[/b] June asked curiously, experimentally poking the new lump of snow on the floor as if it'd come to life and attack her. [b]"Yuki made it."[/b] Charo told her with an uncharacteristic grin. [b]"Odyssey and Aiden are sparring off in the woods, so Fog, Lunaria, and West decided to start a snowball fight, and I asked her if she could make snow swords to go with both!"[/b] [b]"That sounds amazing, but try not to sneak attack too many of your friends, okay?"[/b] Jade told him, sliding up behind them like some sort of invisibility-snake. [b]"You could take an eye out with a sword made of Yuki's magic, even if it [i]is[/i] only snow."[/b] Charo huffed grumpily and flipped his tail over listlessly in the snow. [b]"Fine."[/b] [b]"Ooooh, oooh, can you tell us a story!"[/b] Luce cried enthusiastically, bounding clumsily up to Jade and pulling at her wings. [b]"[i]Please[/i]? Pretty please?"[/b] Jade laughed and pried the young coatl off her scales, setting him gently back down in the soft snow. [b]"Of course! I never said no."[/b] She told him with a toothy smile. [b]"How about the story of the Giftwarden?"[/b] [b]"Like. . . like, like the Icewarden?"[/b] June blurted suddenly, nearly ending up with a faceful of snow in her excitement to volunteer as she stumbled forward. [b]"He's the one who makes the snow and cold, right?"[/b] Jade reached out and carefully helped the nocturne to her feet, dusting off a few snowflakes that clung to her snout. [b]"Yes, the Icewarden is the Deity of the Southern Icefield."[/b] Jade told her with a small smile. [b]"The dragons of ice are used to the cold weather in that area all year long. Especially Tundras,"[/b] Jade added. [b]"They have thick coats of fur that keep them warm all the time!"[/b] [b]"Like Pudding?"[/b] June chirped curiously. Jade laughed. [b]"Yes, like Pudding. Though there's another one that the older dragons of this clan are familiar with by the name of Juno."[/b] Charo made a weird sound in his throat. [b]"Juno? Does she also like pudding too much?"[/b] Jade laughed. [b]"No, she doesn't. And I can't say that Fletcher likes pudding [i]too[/i] much,"[/b] She added with an amused lilt in her voice. [b]"It's just one of his favorite things in the world. Juno is actually a princess from the lightning region, but don't tell her I told you that."[/b] She added with a wink. [b]"Woah, a [i]princess[/i]?"[/b] June gasped. [b]"They really exist? Can I meet her? Where's she?"[/b] A bit of the smile fell from Jade's face. [b]"She and my first son, Romeo, are still missing from when we split up in the forest."[/b] The spiral admitted quietly. [b]"We. . . we haven't heard anything of them yet. I just hope they're okay."[/b] [b]"So is Romeo Ajax's brother?"[/b] Charo asked suddenly. [b]"Like Topaz is mine?"[/b] Jade blinked at him. [b]"Yes, exactly."[/b] She said slowly. [b]"Why?"[/b] Charo shrugged, his eyes skipping over the spiral face and onto something behind her shoulder. [b]"I just think that with a brother he might be not so sad sometimes."[/b] Jade turned her head to follow Charo's gaze and found Ajax coiled up into a shapeless blob beneath the shadow of a large, sturdy oak tree, his dark scaled melding with one of the only spots untouched by the gentle caress of snowy weather. His pale green eyes blankly gazed forward, as if they were seeing something separate from the world he was living in. [b]"Yes."[/b] Jade agreed quietly. [b]"I sometimes think that Romeo's arrival would do him some good as well."[/b] The expression on her face was painted, as if the spiral was reliving the death of her only daughter all over again. The roar of the Emperor. A clash of scales. Meeting Aster's kind, soft green eyes before the spark of life in them was extinguished forever. [b]"Can. . . can you tell us about the Giftwarden?"[/b] Luce asked slowly, the cold brush of his talons on her own jolting the spiral out of her dreamlike trance. [b]"Huh? Of, yes, of course."[/b] Jade started, smoothly coiling herself into a more comfortable position as she bent down to meet the dragonet's eyes. [b]"Do you know when the Giftwarden comes out?"[/b] She asked in a slightly mischievous tone. Luce shook his head, staring up at the spiral with large, round eyes full of curiosity. June was the same, but Charo was trying to hide his interest, poking broodily at the snow beneath his talons. [b]"Well, there is a rumor that the Giftwarden can come during any time after the week of the winter solstice."[/b] Jade began, lowering her voice into a slightly ominous pitch. [b]"When little dragonets like you are asleep, the Giftwarden uses their ice magic to turn into nothing more than an artic breeze, whisking through forests and over the plains as easily as breathing."[/b] [b]"Their magic expands too far more than ice, however."[/b] Jade added, trying to hide a smile that attempted to crawl onto her face when she saw the looks on Luce, June, and Charo's faces. [b]"They can tell when any dragonet has been good or bad for any amount of moons. Whether they snuck insects from the stores or helped their parents pick berries, or if they surprised their friends with swords made of snow or not."[/b] Jade added teasingly in Charo's direction. His face instantly turned a deep shade of burgundy. [b]"But what truly matters is the dragonet's intentions."[/b] Jade added, whispering now. [b]"If they're pretending to be nice, but are truly evil and gnarled inside, the Giftwarden may give them nothing but empty cicada shells and dried bamboo, but if young dragons such as yourselves only wish to help others, no matter how grumpy they appear to be on the outside, the Giftwarden would give them a present beyond the wildest of their imaginations."[/b] June instantly leaped to her feet, squealing excitedly. [b]"Like more Charlies?"[/b] She asked enthusiastically. Jade giggled and patted her head. [b]"If you thought that one up, it can't be beyond your imagination, now can it?"[/b] She asked smoothly. June paused for a moment, then made a face as if she was trying to concentrate really hard on something. [b]"Do not think of Charlies, do not think of Charlies."[/b] She muttered firmly under her breath. Jade laughed. [b]"Don't worry, okay?"[/b] She said, wrinkling her snout with laughter. [b]"If you have good intentions, I'm sure the Giftwarden will leave you some amazing things."[/b] Luce nervously trudged up to her, fidgeting with his talons anxiously. [b]"J-Jade?"[/b] He asked, suddenly shy. The spiral gazed down at him, tilting her head curiously. Luce lifted her head to meet her eyes. [b]"Do you really think the Giftwarden will come?"[/b] Jade sighed, stealing another glance at Ajax, still coiled up, motionless, in the shadows. [b]"By all the Deities."[/b] She murmured, thinking of her other son, lost, hopefully alive, on the run with his best friend. She ached to have him back, to know he was safe. She didn't know what she'd do if she lost another one of her family. [b]"I sure hope so."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond[/size] This is long. I will [i]try[/i] not to apologize for it? Unless you want me to. Then I'll apologize all you want me to. [size=2]also yes Topaz grew out of his lisp yaaaaaay :D[/size]

(This is a special winter/holiday episode, so the fact its apparel does not matter in this instance.
yeah also it's going to magically start snowing in this episode. Just a heads up.)

Day 166:
Snowflakes fell from the sky like flecks of silver and dashes of pearl, landing softly upon the ground and coating it with a blanket of pure white snow that may as well have been liquid moonlight. Several young dragonets romped around in the snow, trampling it with their little talons and sending clawfuls of it hurtling through the air like miniature comets.

A snowball that June had thrown exploded against Topaz's neck, jolting her brother into an upright position with a very high-pitched yelp. "Hey, no fair! I'm not playing!" Topaz protested grumpily, shaking his head so little bits of snow fell from his mane. "The snow is cold."

"Then don't sit in it, beetle brain." June responded with a toothy grin, packing another ball of snow together with her talons. "That's the whole point." She chucked another snowball at him, but Topaz scampered quickly out of the way, the snowball colliding harmlessly with a shaft of bamboo behind his head as Topaz tripped over his own talons and went tumbling headfirst into the snow.

"I'm going to tell Mommy!" He yowled back at her, getting to his feet and shaking snow from his wings. "You're being mean!" He swung around with an impressive amount of indignation, flicking his tail absently towards his sister and began sauntering away. "I'm not being mean!" June yelled after him. "You're just being boring."

Then nearly a mountain of snow cascaded onto her head like a miniature avalanche, burying the small nocturne under a snout-high pile of snow. The little dragonet squirmed and flailed her limbs, yelling out words until she punched a hole through her makeshift cage and found herself looking into Luce's grinning face.

"You used magic!" June protested, unable to hide the grin that split her face. "You can use magic too." Luce countered, proudly ruffling his wings as he curled his tail around his talons. The snow was nice. It felt cozy, like a carpet, and crunched beneath his feet with a satisfying sound.

"Lookit who I brought!" He added happily, holding out a squirming Plantation Pincher that struggled feebly in his arms. June's face instantly lit up. "Charlie!" She squealed happily, taking the crab from Luce and hugging it tightly. Charlie stopped struggling. "Where did you find them?"

"Hiding." Luce responded with a sneakily mischievous grin. "In the food stores." June giggled and set Charlie down. It squirmed and twisted so it was staring into her eyes, looking thoroughly miserable in the cold weather. "Naughty Charlie!" June scolded the crab teasingly, wrinkling her nose as she wagged a claw in it's direction. "You can't steal food!" Charlie didn't respond, simply snapping it's claws in her direction.

"ATTACK!" Another familiar voice yelled exuberantly, a dark shape hurtling out of the trees and wielding a sword somehow entirely consisting of snow. Charo ran up to his cousin, bringing the sword down as if thrusting a dagger through the scales of an enemy so it struck Luce's neck and exploded in a poof of snowflakes.

The coatl and nocturne stared at the small skydancer as he practically collapsed in a fit of laughter, an odd, wheezy sound coming from Charo's throat, as it was unused to making sounds of happiness. "That was so cool[/i]!" He enthused, the bits of snow stuck to his snout glittering like fallen stars. "Your faces were so funny!" Then he fell over laughing again.

"How'd you get a snow sword?" June asked curiously, experimentally poking the new lump of snow on the floor as if it'd come to life and attack her. "Yuki made it." Charo told her with an uncharacteristic grin. "Odyssey and Aiden are sparring off in the woods, so Fog, Lunaria, and West decided to start a snowball fight, and I asked her if she could make snow swords to go with both!"

"That sounds amazing, but try not to sneak attack too many of your friends, okay?" Jade told him, sliding up behind them like some sort of invisibility-snake. "You could take an eye out with a sword made of Yuki's magic, even if it is only snow." Charo huffed grumpily and flipped his tail over listlessly in the snow. "Fine."

"Ooooh, oooh, can you tell us a story!" Luce cried enthusiastically, bounding clumsily up to Jade and pulling at her wings. "Please? Pretty please?" Jade laughed and pried the young coatl off her scales, setting him gently back down in the soft snow. "Of course! I never said no." She told him with a toothy smile. "How about the story of the Giftwarden?"

"Like. . . like, like the Icewarden?" June blurted suddenly, nearly ending up with a faceful of snow in her excitement to volunteer as she stumbled forward. "He's the one who makes the snow and cold, right?" Jade reached out and carefully helped the nocturne to her feet, dusting off a few snowflakes that clung to her snout.

"Yes, the Icewarden is the Deity of the Southern Icefield." Jade told her with a small smile. "The dragons of ice are used to the cold weather in that area all year long. Especially Tundras," Jade added. "They have thick coats of fur that keep them warm all the time!"

"Like Pudding?" June chirped curiously. Jade laughed. "Yes, like Pudding. Though there's another one that the older dragons of this clan are familiar with by the name of Juno." Charo made a weird sound in his throat. "Juno? Does she also like pudding too much?"

Jade laughed. "No, she doesn't. And I can't say that Fletcher likes pudding too much," She added with an amused lilt in her voice. "It's just one of his favorite things in the world. Juno is actually a princess from the lightning region, but don't tell her I told you that." She added with a wink.

"Woah, a princess?" June gasped. "They really exist? Can I meet her? Where's she?" A bit of the smile fell from Jade's face. "She and my first son, Romeo, are still missing from when we split up in the forest." The spiral admitted quietly. "We. . . we haven't heard anything of them yet. I just hope they're okay."

"So is Romeo Ajax's brother?" Charo asked suddenly. "Like Topaz is mine?" Jade blinked at him. "Yes, exactly." She said slowly. "Why?" Charo shrugged, his eyes skipping over the spiral face and onto something behind her shoulder. "I just think that with a brother he might be not so sad sometimes."

Jade turned her head to follow Charo's gaze and found Ajax coiled up into a shapeless blob beneath the shadow of a large, sturdy oak tree, his dark scaled melding with one of the only spots untouched by the gentle caress of snowy weather. His pale green eyes blankly gazed forward, as if they were seeing something separate from the world he was living in.

"Yes." Jade agreed quietly. "I sometimes think that Romeo's arrival would do him some good as well." The expression on her face was painted, as if the spiral was reliving the death of her only daughter all over again. The roar of the Emperor. A clash of scales. Meeting Aster's kind, soft green eyes before the spark of life in them was extinguished forever.

"Can. . . can you tell us about the Giftwarden?" Luce asked slowly, the cold brush of his talons on her own jolting the spiral out of her dreamlike trance. "Huh? Of, yes, of course." Jade started, smoothly coiling herself into a more comfortable position as she bent down to meet the dragonet's eyes. "Do you know when the Giftwarden comes out?" She asked in a slightly mischievous tone.

Luce shook his head, staring up at the spiral with large, round eyes full of curiosity. June was the same, but Charo was trying to hide his interest, poking broodily at the snow beneath his talons.

"Well, there is a rumor that the Giftwarden can come during any time after the week of the winter solstice." Jade began, lowering her voice into a slightly ominous pitch. "When little dragonets like you are asleep, the Giftwarden uses their ice magic to turn into nothing more than an artic breeze, whisking through forests and over the plains as easily as breathing."

"Their magic expands too far more than ice, however." Jade added, trying to hide a smile that attempted to crawl onto her face when she saw the looks on Luce, June, and Charo's faces. "They can tell when any dragonet has been good or bad for any amount of moons. Whether they snuck insects from the stores or helped their parents pick berries, or if they surprised their friends with swords made of snow or not." Jade added teasingly in Charo's direction. His face instantly turned a deep shade of burgundy.

"But what truly matters is the dragonet's intentions." Jade added, whispering now. "If they're pretending to be nice, but are truly evil and gnarled inside, the Giftwarden may give them nothing but empty cicada shells and dried bamboo, but if young dragons such as yourselves only wish to help others, no matter how grumpy they appear to be on the outside, the Giftwarden would give them a present beyond the wildest of their imaginations."

June instantly leaped to her feet, squealing excitedly. "Like more Charlies?" She asked enthusiastically. Jade giggled and patted her head. "If you thought that one up, it can't be beyond your imagination, now can it?" She asked smoothly. June paused for a moment, then made a face as if she was trying to concentrate really hard on something. "Do not think of Charlies, do not think of Charlies." She muttered firmly under her breath.

Jade laughed. "Don't worry, okay?" She said, wrinkling her snout with laughter. "If you have good intentions, I'm sure the Giftwarden will leave you some amazing things." Luce nervously trudged up to her, fidgeting with his talons anxiously. "J-Jade?" He asked, suddenly shy. The spiral gazed down at him, tilting her head curiously. Luce lifted her head to meet her eyes. "Do you really think the Giftwarden will come?"

Jade sighed, stealing another glance at Ajax, still coiled up, motionless, in the shadows. "By all the Deities." She murmured, thinking of her other son, lost, hopefully alive, on the run with his best friend. She ached to have him back, to know he was safe. She didn't know what she'd do if she lost another one of her family. "I sure hope so."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond
This is long. I will try not to apologize for it? Unless you want me to. Then I'll apologize all you want me to.

also yes Topaz grew out of his lisp yaaaaaay :D
THIS IS SUCH A PRECIOUS UPDATE OH MY GOODNESS

I love what you wrote about the Giftwarden, about being able to tell the intentions and not just the actions! I think that's a much better message to tell kids! :D
THIS IS SUCH A PRECIOUS UPDATE OH MY GOODNESS

I love what you wrote about the Giftwarden, about being able to tell the intentions and not just the actions! I think that's a much better message to tell kids! :D
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
1 2 ... 224 225 226 227 228 ... 247 248