Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 219 220 221 222 223 ... 247 248
y e e t s h e l i v e s
y e e t s h e l i v e s
Thank goodness she's not dead!
Thank goodness she's not dead!
4MdcPJR.png
@Tirtouga678
No, she's a scry and also a magical sword lady, so she can't really die. I can see how you'd think that though. Sorry if she came off as dying horribly XP
@Tirtouga678
No, she's a scry and also a magical sword lady, so she can't really die. I can see how you'd think that though. Sorry if she came off as dying horribly XP
OH THANK GOODNESS

I don't know what we would do without Jade, she's been around far too long...
OH THANK GOODNESS

I don't know what we would do without Jade, she's been around far too long...
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
@Aetherstorm

Ah, I see. That clears up a lot, thanks!
@Aetherstorm

Ah, I see. That clears up a lot, thanks!
2019-08-22.png
But seriously, if Jade died we'd lose our titular character. Which would be catastrophic.
But seriously, if Jade died we'd lose our titular character. Which would be catastrophic.
2019-08-22.png
[center][item=intact stone relief] (I like ice cream sandwiches. Do you like ice cream sandwiches?) [b]Day 162:[/b] [b]"How are you not dead?"[/b] Hester asked, staring at Jade with wide eyes. Jade shrugged, her claws continuously rising to lightly touch her neck as if making sure it was still there. [b]"I can't really say I understand what you mean."[/b] She admitted quietly, a look of slight concern coming over her face as she felt the deep wound in her scales. [b]"I'm not entirely sure what happened. First, you three fighting that hunter, then everything went dark."[/b] Aiden exhaled shakily, looking like he was trying to intimidate himself into not being emotional. [b]"Well, thank the eleven deities you're okay."[/b] He said with a small smirk. [b]"I definitely didn't want to be the had to tell everyone else that you were dead."[/b] Jade laughed lightly, though she still looked troubled. [b]"Yes, that would have been unfortunate."[/b] [b]"For Hester. I would have made [i]her[/i] do it."[/b] Aiden added, jabbing a claw in her direction. The younger mirror made a face at him and swatted his claw out of the air. [b]"You could have [i]tried[/i], dungbrain."[/b] She snapped back, teasingly poking his nose. [b]"I would have made Odyssey's unconscious body do it by dragging him over a bunch of pointy rocks."[/b] [b]"I doubt that would have worked."[/b] Odyssey pointed out, wrinkling his nose thoughtfully as Jade cracked a grin. [b]"I'm just glad everyone's doing okay."[/b] The green spiral said over Aiden's weird, breathy laugh. [b]"I was worried for a second there. How'd you manage to chase them off?"[/b] Hester, Aiden, and Odyssey all shared knowing glances, though Odyssey seemed slightly more mystified than the mirrors. [b]"We have our ways."[/b] Aiden said mysteriously, grinning sideways at Jade. [b]"We've been practicing too. Odyssey's magic sword also probably helped, except both of them were knocked out most of the time."[/b] [b]"Oh yeah, Yuki did something weird when I woke up, by the way."[/b] Odyssey told them, ignoring Hester's snigger. [b]"She was in this weird misty state, and then when I grabbed the sword she sort of just evaporated. She's not dead, right?"[/b] He added worriedly, gazing down at the reflective blade of ice in his talons. Jade reached out and settled a wing around his shoulder, shooting him a reassuring smile. [b]"I'm sure she's not."[/b] She said, reaching out and lightly grazing the sword, shivering as her claw made contact. [b]"She is a magical sword creature, right? I don't think something as simple as being knocked out could kill her. She probably just needed to rest. Even magic swords need to sleep sometimes, right?"[/b] She added with a sheepish grin. [b]"I wouldn't know."[/b] Odyssey replied jokingly, forcing a smile onto his face. He looked slightly reassured, but worry still dominated features as he closely inspected the blade of ice resting innocently in his talons, as quiet and shimmery as ever. [b]"So what else happened?"[/b] Jade asked, turning back to Hester and Aiden. Aiden shrugged. [b]"Not much, you were only out for a few minutes."[/b] He admitted. [b]"We called Sierra over and she immediately started freaking out. She healed Odyssey with some weird mushy stuff, but it didn't seem to work on Yuki too well. It just. . . went through her."[/b] He added after a moment of contemplation. [b]"Then she ran off into the forest after looking at your wound, yelling something about herbs."[/b] [b]"It's pronounced 'erb' Aiden. Without the 'h'."[/b] Hester reminded him, almost patronizingly patting his talons. He scoffed and listlessly flicked his tail over his talons. [b]"Then why is it spelled like that?"[/b] He protested huffily. Hester rolled her eyes. [b]"I don't know, I didn't [i]invent[/i] writing."[/b] She reminded him with a dark scowl. [b]"Just please don't say [i]herb[/i] again. It gets on my nerves."[/b] Whatever Aiden was going to say next never left his mouth, as Sierra crashed back into the clearing, wild-eyed and wielding what looked like a cluster of herbs and plants with enough thorns and barbs to probably cut off a dragon's limb. Her eyes nearly seemed to pop out of her skull as she saw Jade sitting up having a casual conversation, very much alive, and wasted no time at all descending down on her like a huge bat and sweeping the skinny spiral into a rib-crushing hug. Jade looked as if her eyeballs were about to be squeezed out of her skull and suddenly went very blue in the face. [b]"Oh my deities, you're alive!"[/b] Sierra cried, loosening her grip for a few precious seconds and allow Jade to inhale a few mouthfuls of much-needed air. [b]"[i]How[/i] are you alive? I was about ninety percent sure you were dead. [i]Nobody[/i] can come back from the dead."[/b] Without waiting for her to answer, Sierra hugged Jade tightly again, nearly squishing all the air out of her lungs. [b]"Careful there."[/b] Aiden blurted hurriedly. [b]"She can still die due to lack of oxygen, you know."[/b] Sierra made a little sound of surprise and quickly put Jade back on the ground again, guiltily turning a faint shade of emerald green as the spiral wobbled around dizzily for a few moments. [b]"Sorry!"[/b] Sierra fretted anxiously, plucking her earlier discarded herbs off the ground and nervously shredding them to bits. [b]"I really thought you were dead, you know. I even found some Beenettle for your wound, which will probably work better on something with pumping blood instead of a dead body anyways."[/b] She added with a slight grin. Jade laughed lightly, still looking at a little bit of a loss for breath. [b]"Thank you, Sierra."[/b] She said earnestly, smiling up at the towering Ridgeback. [b]"Really. You've been an incredible help to us."[/b] Sierra shrugged his off easily, cracking the thorned Beenettle vine open so a thick golden fluid that looked remarkably like honey leaked over her talons. [b]"It's no problem."[/b] She said simply, reaching out and smearing the honey-like substance over Jade's bloodied wound. [b]"I've found more a family within you all than anywhere else in Sornieth, after all."[/b] [b]"I sent Rowena out to look for some painkilling and wound cleansing herbs, just in case you [i]weren't[/i] actually dead,"[/b] Sierra added casually as if she hadn't just mentioned something incredibly heartwarming. [b]"Thank the Gladekeeper I did, too. A wound like this would've been infected by nightfall without proper treatment."[/b] [b]"Man, it really [i]is[/i] good that we found you."[/b] Odyssey said, staring wide-eyed at Sierra as she worked her magic on the gouge in Jade's neck. [b]"Thanks for trying to heal Yuki up, by the way. I know it didn't really work, but it's trying that counts."[/b] Sierra's head shot up, momentarily distracted from Jade, only now realizing the limp shape of the pale wildclaw wasn't in the forest anymore. [b]"Oh dear, I'm so sorry!"[/b] She gasped, her eyes growing wide with concern. [b]"Where is she? Wolves or centaurs didn't drag her off while I was gone, did they?"[/b] Odyssey shook his head vigorously. [b]"N-no, definitely not."[/b] He assured her quickly, holding out his sword to her as if she would have understood what it meant. [b]"Yuki's part of this sword, see? So she's not really a dragon and therefore can't die like one. She's fine, though. Probably just. . . resting."[/b] He added, catching the look on Sierra's face. Sierra stared at him with a blank expression for a few long seconds. Odyssey shrunk away nervously, afraid she'd think he was insane now. Then the ridgeback shrugged her massive shoulders and turned back to Jade. [b]"Well, I can't say I haven't encountered weirder things."[/b] She mused thoughtfully, now applying something that looked like a glowing maple leaf to the raw scales around Jade's cut. Odyssey couldn't help but crack a smile. Things Sierra [i]had[/i] seen on her journey across Sornieth were probably far wilder than a magical talking sword. Just then, another shape entered the clearing, with far more grace and less of a racket than Sierra had appeared in. However, it wasn't Rowena, as most in the clearing had immediately suspected, but Arion. He looked worried and sleep-deprived, deep purple circles under his normally bright eyes and his long, handsome face and hollowed cheeks giving away the fact that we was clearly under a lot of stress. Several dragons opened their mouths to talk to him at once, but he beat them to it. [b]"It's Seraphim."[/b] Arion said tiredly, instantly understanding the confusion on their faces. [b]"He's gotten worse."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond[/size] I've gotten into this habit lately that involves writing [i]WAY MORE THAN EFFING NECESSARY[/i]. It sincerely sucks. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this long episode today!

(I like ice cream sandwiches. Do you like ice cream sandwiches?)

Day 162:
"How are you not dead?" Hester asked, staring at Jade with wide eyes. Jade shrugged, her claws continuously rising to lightly touch her neck as if making sure it was still there. "I can't really say I understand what you mean." She admitted quietly, a look of slight concern coming over her face as she felt the deep wound in her scales. "I'm not entirely sure what happened. First, you three fighting that hunter, then everything went dark."

Aiden exhaled shakily, looking like he was trying to intimidate himself into not being emotional. "Well, thank the eleven deities you're okay." He said with a small smirk. "I definitely didn't want to be the had to tell everyone else that you were dead." Jade laughed lightly, though she still looked troubled. "Yes, that would have been unfortunate."

"For Hester. I would have made her do it." Aiden added, jabbing a claw in her direction. The younger mirror made a face at him and swatted his claw out of the air. "You could have tried, dungbrain." She snapped back, teasingly poking his nose. "I would have made Odyssey's unconscious body do it by dragging him over a bunch of pointy rocks."

"I doubt that would have worked." Odyssey pointed out, wrinkling his nose thoughtfully as Jade cracked a grin. "I'm just glad everyone's doing okay." The green spiral said over Aiden's weird, breathy laugh. "I was worried for a second there. How'd you manage to chase them off?"

Hester, Aiden, and Odyssey all shared knowing glances, though Odyssey seemed slightly more mystified than the mirrors. "We have our ways." Aiden said mysteriously, grinning sideways at Jade. "We've been practicing too. Odyssey's magic sword also probably helped, except both of them were knocked out most of the time."

"Oh yeah, Yuki did something weird when I woke up, by the way." Odyssey told them, ignoring Hester's snigger. "She was in this weird misty state, and then when I grabbed the sword she sort of just evaporated. She's not dead, right?" He added worriedly, gazing down at the reflective blade of ice in his talons.

Jade reached out and settled a wing around his shoulder, shooting him a reassuring smile. "I'm sure she's not." She said, reaching out and lightly grazing the sword, shivering as her claw made contact. "She is a magical sword creature, right? I don't think something as simple as being knocked out could kill her. She probably just needed to rest. Even magic swords need to sleep sometimes, right?" She added with a sheepish grin.

"I wouldn't know." Odyssey replied jokingly, forcing a smile onto his face. He looked slightly reassured, but worry still dominated features as he closely inspected the blade of ice resting innocently in his talons, as quiet and shimmery as ever. "So what else happened?" Jade asked, turning back to Hester and Aiden. Aiden shrugged.

"Not much, you were only out for a few minutes." He admitted. "We called Sierra over and she immediately started freaking out. She healed Odyssey with some weird mushy stuff, but it didn't seem to work on Yuki too well. It just. . . went through her." He added after a moment of contemplation. "Then she ran off into the forest after looking at your wound, yelling something about herbs."

"It's pronounced 'erb' Aiden. Without the 'h'." Hester reminded him, almost patronizingly patting his talons. He scoffed and listlessly flicked his tail over his talons. "Then why is it spelled like that?" He protested huffily. Hester rolled her eyes. "I don't know, I didn't invent writing." She reminded him with a dark scowl. "Just please don't say herb again. It gets on my nerves."

Whatever Aiden was going to say next never left his mouth, as Sierra crashed back into the clearing, wild-eyed and wielding what looked like a cluster of herbs and plants with enough thorns and barbs to probably cut off a dragon's limb.

Her eyes nearly seemed to pop out of her skull as she saw Jade sitting up having a casual conversation, very much alive, and wasted no time at all descending down on her like a huge bat and sweeping the skinny spiral into a rib-crushing hug. Jade looked as if her eyeballs were about to be squeezed out of her skull and suddenly went very blue in the face.

"Oh my deities, you're alive!" Sierra cried, loosening her grip for a few precious seconds and allow Jade to inhale a few mouthfuls of much-needed air. "How are you alive? I was about ninety percent sure you were dead. Nobody can come back from the dead." Without waiting for her to answer, Sierra hugged Jade tightly again, nearly squishing all the air out of her lungs.

"Careful there." Aiden blurted hurriedly. "She can still die due to lack of oxygen, you know." Sierra made a little sound of surprise and quickly put Jade back on the ground again, guiltily turning a faint shade of emerald green as the spiral wobbled around dizzily for a few moments.

"Sorry!" Sierra fretted anxiously, plucking her earlier discarded herbs off the ground and nervously shredding them to bits. "I really thought you were dead, you know. I even found some Beenettle for your wound, which will probably work better on something with pumping blood instead of a dead body anyways." She added with a slight grin.

Jade laughed lightly, still looking at a little bit of a loss for breath. "Thank you, Sierra." She said earnestly, smiling up at the towering Ridgeback. "Really. You've been an incredible help to us." Sierra shrugged his off easily, cracking the thorned Beenettle vine open so a thick golden fluid that looked remarkably like honey leaked over her talons.

"It's no problem." She said simply, reaching out and smearing the honey-like substance over Jade's bloodied wound. "I've found more a family within you all than anywhere else in Sornieth, after all."

"I sent Rowena out to look for some painkilling and wound cleansing herbs, just in case you weren't actually dead," Sierra added casually as if she hadn't just mentioned something incredibly heartwarming. "Thank the Gladekeeper I did, too. A wound like this would've been infected by nightfall without proper treatment."

"Man, it really is good that we found you." Odyssey said, staring wide-eyed at Sierra as she worked her magic on the gouge in Jade's neck. "Thanks for trying to heal Yuki up, by the way. I know it didn't really work, but it's trying that counts." Sierra's head shot up, momentarily distracted from Jade, only now realizing the limp shape of the pale wildclaw wasn't in the forest anymore.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry!" She gasped, her eyes growing wide with concern. "Where is she? Wolves or centaurs didn't drag her off while I was gone, did they?" Odyssey shook his head vigorously. "N-no, definitely not." He assured her quickly, holding out his sword to her as if she would have understood what it meant. "Yuki's part of this sword, see? So she's not really a dragon and therefore can't die like one. She's fine, though. Probably just. . . resting." He added, catching the look on Sierra's face.

Sierra stared at him with a blank expression for a few long seconds. Odyssey shrunk away nervously, afraid she'd think he was insane now. Then the ridgeback shrugged her massive shoulders and turned back to Jade. "Well, I can't say I haven't encountered weirder things." She mused thoughtfully, now applying something that looked like a glowing maple leaf to the raw scales around Jade's cut.

Odyssey couldn't help but crack a smile. Things Sierra had seen on her journey across Sornieth were probably far wilder than a magical talking sword. Just then, another shape entered the clearing, with far more grace and less of a racket than Sierra had appeared in. However, it wasn't Rowena, as most in the clearing had immediately suspected, but Arion.

He looked worried and sleep-deprived, deep purple circles under his normally bright eyes and his long, handsome face and hollowed cheeks giving away the fact that we was clearly under a lot of stress. Several dragons opened their mouths to talk to him at once, but he beat them to it.

"It's Seraphim." Arion said tiredly, instantly understanding the confusion on their faces. "He's gotten worse."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Millapede85 @russmond
I've gotten into this habit lately that involves writing WAY MORE THAN EFFING NECESSARY. It sincerely sucks. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this long episode today!
Hey, I absolutely love longer episodes.
Hey, I absolutely love longer episodes.
iVesxec.png
Well... heck.
Is he gonna make it? I'm now confuzzled.
Well... heck.
Is he gonna make it? I'm now confuzzled.
I love ice cream sandwiches!!!

Oh my goodness though what a great update! I am loving that we are getting to see more of Hester! :D
I love ice cream sandwiches!!!

Oh my goodness though what a great update! I am loving that we are getting to see more of Hester! :D
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
1 2 ... 219 220 221 222 223 ... 247 248