Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm YES LASER NARWHALS!!! (How do you play?)

And then...

NO LOST!!! DON'T WORRY I'M HERE FOR YOU!
@Aetherstorm YES LASER NARWHALS!!! (How do you play?)

And then...

NO LOST!!! DON'T WORRY I'M HERE FOR YOU!
HqTNh.gifYj47j.gifO9imS.giftSCN1.gif6YZEO.gifr91Qd.gifqO039.gifcL2Xg.gifaPvG7.gif - Click me signaturebannerdigimon11.png
[center][item=preserved petals] (Pardon me for making the last update so boring, but I had serious writer's block ^^') [b]Day 26:[/b] [b]"Zaaaaffeeeeer!"[/b] Lost huffed, sitting on one of his feet. [b]"You promised you'd tell meeeee!"[/b] Zaffer frowned and tried to nudge her off, but Lost hooked her claws around his toes and glared at him. Zaffer sighed, rolling his eyes. [b]"Yes, but I promised to tell you [i]yesterday[/i], not today."[/b] Lost whacked his elbow. [b]"Come ooooon!"[/b] She begged. Zaffer stared down at her. [b]"What if someone had to ask you about the Shade, Lost?"[/b] He asked, eyes flashing. Lost shrugged. [b]"If they had the same purpose as I do, I [i]would[/i]."[/b] She insisted sharply. [b]"Fine."[/b] Zaffer grunted, peeling her off of him. Lost beamed as Zaffer shot a few fugitive looks around camp and slipped into the forest, a shadow-bending pearlcatcher on his tail. They found a spot hidden among thick brambles, with camp in view directly behind. Lost shifting uncharacteristically from talon to talon, a proud smiled plastered onto her face. [b]"First things first, Lost."[/b] Zaffer said pointedly, fixing her with his magenta gaze. [b]"This is a very sensitive topic to me. I don't want too many nosey questions are hatchling squealing, okay?"[/b] Lost expression became serious, and she nodded slowly. [b]"Yes, Zaffer."[/b] She said, her voice smooth and even, like a polished slab of marble. [b]"I know how serious this is for you."[/b] Zaffer stood still for a moment, curiously surveying Lost. The dragonet rolled her eyes. [b]"But I still want to hear it."[/b] She added. Zaffer huffed and his wings fell. "Fine." He muttered, sweeping his tail in front of him. [b]"So first, I started out as an egg, obviously. One of the glowy floaty ones that sparkle."[/b] Lost nodded. [b]"Arcane eggs, obviously."[/b] She muttered. Zaffer ignored her and continued. [b]"Something happened to me in my egg. I hatched. . . differently that the others."[/b] He continued, clawing at the ground as if trying to remember something. [b]"Apparently, my egg was cracked when it came out, but I was somehow still alive. Instead of having all the magic leak out of me, I seemed to absorb more of it instead."[/b] Lost's curiosity rose, and she turned to Zaffer with unnerving white eyes. Zaffer peered at her but continued. [b]"My mother had several different nests with different dragons, so she didn't care much for me. My father was a different story, but he was only mildly concerned."[/b] [b]"When I hatched I practically exploded out of my egg. There was a lot of sparks."[/b] Zaffer continued earnestly. Lost nodded. "I've seen sparks with you before." She murmured, her eyes bright. Zaffer's eyes widened. "How? I haven't used a magic in a long time, certainly longer than you've been around." Lost shook her head, wringing her claws nervously. [b]"No, I mean I saw them with you."[/b] She repeated with no clarification whatsoever. [b]"It's like I can sense your magic or feel or [i]aura[/i] sometimes. Yours is very sparkly."[/b] This did absolutely nothing to calm Zaffer's nerves. [b]"Well, back to the story you ever so desperately wanted to hear."[/b] Zaffer snapped, growing irritated. Lost retreated back into silence, hiding within the shadows of her hood. Zaffer continued, fixing her with a deep pink stare. [b]"Anyways, as first everyone was super interested and stuff, and they began observing me and researching my odd state. They were an Arcane Clan after all."[/b] He added. [b]"No one had touched me then. I just lay there, spitting sparks onto the ground while my siblings, Styrax and Sycamore, were moved to the nursery."[/b] Zaffer felt a rush of unfamiliar emotion. Wishing he could have known his siblings better before he- he had. . . Zaffer gritted his teeth and continued onwards. [b]"The first dragon to approach me was the clan leader."[/b] His voice pitched awkwardly, and Lost regarded him with concerned eyes. [b]"I-I can't even remember thinking back then. I was struggling to deal with everything going on inside me. It hurt. A lot. And when he touched me, it was like a vent to let all the pain flow away."[/b] Zaffer winced and gingerly touched his head. [b]"I barely remember more that blinding light and shrieking."[/b] [i]And the feeling of all the agony going away.[/i] He added to himself guiltily, strongly remembering the food of relief that had washed over him the second he had hooked his wicked hatchling claws into his leader's scales. [b]"I was unnaturally quick."[/b] Zaffer continued shakily, clutching the ground with his massive talons. [b]"The dragon had only placed a talon on my shoulder, but then I lunged and grabbed them back. My overwhelming magic surged into him, and as I mentioned, it really, really hurts. The relief was so intense I instinctively grabbed harder, sinking my claws into their skin before he could jump away."[/b] Zaffer shuddered, feeling sick. "It was awful." Zaffer mewled, shivering and as he remembered unfamiliar liquid staining his newly-hatched claws. [b]"My clan leader nearly exploded. They certainly walked away with a limp and horrible magic-influenced scars. Even now, I can't do anything past simple or something with blow up."[/b] Zaffer stared expectantly at Lost, waiting for a reaction. the dragonet was simply staring at her shaking talons. [b]"But, does that mean. . ."[/b] She started, trailing off as she caught Zaffer's solemn gaze. [b]"Does that mean you're still in pain?"[/b] She squeaked. [b]"Every day? With the magic inside you?"[/b] Zaffer guiltily avoided her gaze, but Lost didn't back off. [b]"Well, I'm a bit more used to it now."[/b] Zaffer confessed nervously. [b]"And I can control it more too, so I won't hurt anybody."[/b] He added hastily. [b]"I hope."[/b] Lost regarded him sideways, an unknown glint in her eyes. [b]"Please don't tell anybody."[/b] He squeaked. Lost nodded and tipped her head down, tapping two silver claws against each other. Zaffer breathed a sigh of relief. [b]"Thanks."[/b] He murmured. [b]"I hope I was able to help with my story and your chaos-y magic."[/b] He said, lashing his tail. The ghost of a smile flickered across Lost's face and she cupped her talons. [b]"I think you've helped more than you know."[/b] Dark webbing spread in between her petite claws, and a bubble to pitch blackness quickly formed and floated into the sky. Zaffer watched, transfixed, as it bobbed away into the clouds. [b]"Talking about it is hard."[/b] Zaffer muttered, kicking the ground. [b]"So you better have benefitted from it."[/b] Lost chuckled, but stopped abruptly and turned sharp-eared towards the hidden forest. Zaffer followed her gaze, anxiety creeping up his spine. he nearly died of fright when a gleaming silver bundle of scales hurdled out of the darkness and careened flat onto his back. [b]"Stop being angsty, Zaffer!"[/b] Opal voice demanded as she trapped him in a fierce hug. [b]"I will hug you until you stop. Oh! is that a black bubble?"[/b] She asked, her attention being grabbed away as she spotted the dark speck in the distance. [b]"Uh, yes, and how much did you hear?"[/b] Zaffer sputtered, overbalancing with Opal leaning on his neck. [b]"Just the part about something being hard to talk about."[/b] Opal said with a gleaming toothy grin. [b]"But you sounded really sad, so I came over immediately."[/b] She smacking him with her wing, which just so happened to me made of crystal, so Zaffer winced and shied away. Opal took no notice. [b]"No brother of [i]mine[/i] is going to be depressed about something in the shadows."[/b] Lost skipped up to them, rolling the pearl in her claws. [b]"That sounds nice."[/b] She murmured, staring into the distance. [b]"I wish I knew my sisters better."[/b] Opal yelped at the sight of her. [b]"There you are! Wow, you're so good at hiding and the shadows and stuff. Must be shade magic, right? Anyways, now that you're here, we can forcefully hug Zaffer together!"[/b] Lost grinned and sat on Zaffer's foot again, wrapping her arms around his leg. [b]"Uh. . ."[/b] Zaffer trailed off, struggling to move under the weight of the two dragonesses. Opal's eyes lit up. [b]"Oh yeah, August is here too!"[/b] She chirped, lighting up from the inside. [b]"AUGUST!"[/b] Opal hollered, making Zaffer and Lost wince. [b]"COME HUG ZAFFER WITH US!!!"[/b] August suddenly appeared out of the shadows, his glowing yellow-green runes lighting up the dark. [b]"Uhm. . . okay?"[/b] He said awkwardly, stepping up to Zaffer's side and patting him on the back. [b]"How do you do it?"[/b] August asked, only half joking. Zaffer blinked at him. [b]"How can you deal with Opal like this all the time?"[/b] he repeated. Zaffer suddenly barked a laugh, nearly causing Opal to topple off his back. [b]"I wanted to ask you the same thing."[/b] He said, grinning. [b]"You're her boyfriend after all."[/b] August chuckled. [b]"That doesn't make it any easier."[/b] he said with an eye roll. Opal leaned her head down between them. [b]"I can hear you!"[/b] She snapped, but sounded mostly like she was trying to hide the laughter in her voice. August looked like something explosive had just hit him in the face, and Opal giggled at it. [b]"You're adorable when you're surprised."[/b] She teased. August reddened slightly. He averted attention my clearing his throat and changing the subject. [b]"Well, the reason why was looking for you all was because Jade and Janus have found something crucial really close by."[/b] Opal's grin slipped into a nervous frown and she slid off of Zaffer's back. [b]"Good crucial or bad crucial?"[/b] She asked, biting the corners of her mouth and her green eyes clouding with worry. August's eyes seemed to twinkle. [b]"You're adorable when you're worried."[/b] He teased. Opal's expression shifted into a mock rage and she cuffed August on the shoulder. [b]"So? Out with it."[/b] She demanded, looking earnestly at his face. [b]"I don't want to be fighting another harpy or rotten bamboo or The. . ."[/b] She trailed of but she didn't have to finish her sentence, An uneasy quiet momentarily filled the clearing. [b]"It's nothing like that."[/b] August hastily assured them, everyone collectively relaxing. [b]"They had me play laser Narwhals with Romeo and Juno while they went scouting ahead together"[/b] He shook his head. [b]"That was an experience I'll never forget."[/b] He added to himself. [b]"But while they were out, they spotted something great."[/b] [b]"They found a [i]town[/i]."[/b][/center] ---------- @AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Faolyn @GhostBreath @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn @SpaghettiFlyer Sorry this took so long guys! Some art of Lost, by @LapisDragon17718: [img]https://i.cubeupload.com/dDRKWt.png[/img]

(Pardon me for making the last update so boring, but I had serious writer's block ^^')

Day 26:
"Zaaaaffeeeeer!" Lost huffed, sitting on one of his feet. "You promised you'd tell meeeee!" Zaffer frowned and tried to nudge her off, but Lost hooked her claws around his toes and glared at him. Zaffer sighed, rolling his eyes. "Yes, but I promised to tell you yesterday, not today."

Lost whacked his elbow. "Come ooooon!" She begged. Zaffer stared down at her. "What if someone had to ask you about the Shade, Lost?" He asked, eyes flashing. Lost shrugged. "If they had the same purpose as I do, I would." She insisted sharply.

"Fine." Zaffer grunted, peeling her off of him. Lost beamed as Zaffer shot a few fugitive looks around camp and slipped into the forest, a shadow-bending pearlcatcher on his tail. They found a spot hidden among thick brambles, with camp in view directly behind. Lost shifting uncharacteristically from talon to talon, a proud smiled plastered onto her face.

"First things first, Lost." Zaffer said pointedly, fixing her with his magenta gaze. "This is a very sensitive topic to me. I don't want too many nosey questions are hatchling squealing, okay?" Lost expression became serious, and she nodded slowly. "Yes, Zaffer." She said, her voice smooth and even, like a polished slab of marble. "I know how serious this is for you."

Zaffer stood still for a moment, curiously surveying Lost. The dragonet rolled her eyes. "But I still want to hear it." She added. Zaffer huffed and his wings fell. "Fine." He muttered, sweeping his tail in front of him. "So first, I started out as an egg, obviously. One of the glowy floaty ones that sparkle."

Lost nodded. "Arcane eggs, obviously." She muttered. Zaffer ignored her and continued. "Something happened to me in my egg. I hatched. . . differently that the others." He continued, clawing at the ground as if trying to remember something. "Apparently, my egg was cracked when it came out, but I was somehow still alive. Instead of having all the magic leak out of me, I seemed to absorb more of it instead."

Lost's curiosity rose, and she turned to Zaffer with unnerving white eyes. Zaffer peered at her but continued. "My mother had several different nests with different dragons, so she didn't care much for me. My father was a different story, but he was only mildly concerned."

"When I hatched I practically exploded out of my egg. There was a lot of sparks." Zaffer continued earnestly. Lost nodded. "I've seen sparks with you before." She murmured, her eyes bright. Zaffer's eyes widened. "How? I haven't used a magic in a long time, certainly longer than you've been around."

Lost shook her head, wringing her claws nervously. "No, I mean I saw them with you." She repeated with no clarification whatsoever. "It's like I can sense your magic or feel or aura sometimes. Yours is very sparkly." This did absolutely nothing to calm Zaffer's nerves.

"Well, back to the story you ever so desperately wanted to hear." Zaffer snapped, growing irritated. Lost retreated back into silence, hiding within the shadows of her hood. Zaffer continued, fixing her with a deep pink stare. "Anyways, as first everyone was super interested and stuff, and they began observing me and researching my odd state. They were an Arcane Clan after all." He added.

"No one had touched me then. I just lay there, spitting sparks onto the ground while my siblings, Styrax and Sycamore, were moved to the nursery." Zaffer felt a rush of unfamiliar emotion. Wishing he could have known his siblings better before he- he had. . .

Zaffer gritted his teeth and continued onwards. "The first dragon to approach me was the clan leader." His voice pitched awkwardly, and Lost regarded him with concerned eyes. "I-I can't even remember thinking back then. I was struggling to deal with everything going on inside me. It hurt. A lot. And when he touched me, it was like a vent to let all the pain flow away."

Zaffer winced and gingerly touched his head. "I barely remember more that blinding light and shrieking." And the feeling of all the agony going away. He added to himself guiltily, strongly remembering the food of relief that had washed over him the second he had hooked his wicked hatchling claws into his leader's scales.

"I was unnaturally quick." Zaffer continued shakily, clutching the ground with his massive talons. "The dragon had only placed a talon on my shoulder, but then I lunged and grabbed them back. My overwhelming magic surged into him, and as I mentioned, it really, really hurts. The relief was so intense I instinctively grabbed harder, sinking my claws into their skin before he could jump away." Zaffer shuddered, feeling sick.

"It was awful." Zaffer mewled, shivering and as he remembered unfamiliar liquid staining his newly-hatched claws. "My clan leader nearly exploded. They certainly walked away with a limp and horrible magic-influenced scars. Even now, I can't do anything past simple or something with blow up."

Zaffer stared expectantly at Lost, waiting for a reaction. the dragonet was simply staring at her shaking talons. "But, does that mean. . ." She started, trailing off as she caught Zaffer's solemn gaze. "Does that mean you're still in pain?" She squeaked. "Every day? With the magic inside you?"

Zaffer guiltily avoided her gaze, but Lost didn't back off. "Well, I'm a bit more used to it now." Zaffer confessed nervously. "And I can control it more too, so I won't hurt anybody." He added hastily. "I hope."

Lost regarded him sideways, an unknown glint in her eyes. "Please don't tell anybody." He squeaked. Lost nodded and tipped her head down, tapping two silver claws against each other. Zaffer breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks." He murmured. "I hope I was able to help with my story and your chaos-y magic." He said, lashing his tail.

The ghost of a smile flickered across Lost's face and she cupped her talons. "I think you've helped more than you know." Dark webbing spread in between her petite claws, and a bubble to pitch blackness quickly formed and floated into the sky. Zaffer watched, transfixed, as it bobbed away into the clouds.

"Talking about it is hard." Zaffer muttered, kicking the ground. "So you better have benefitted from it." Lost chuckled, but stopped abruptly and turned sharp-eared towards the hidden forest. Zaffer followed her gaze, anxiety creeping up his spine. he nearly died of fright when a gleaming silver bundle of scales hurdled out of the darkness and careened flat onto his back.

"Stop being angsty, Zaffer!" Opal voice demanded as she trapped him in a fierce hug. "I will hug you until you stop. Oh! is that a black bubble?" She asked, her attention being grabbed away as she spotted the dark speck in the distance. "Uh, yes, and how much did you hear?" Zaffer sputtered, overbalancing with Opal leaning on his neck.

"Just the part about something being hard to talk about." Opal said with a gleaming toothy grin. "But you sounded really sad, so I came over immediately." She smacking him with her wing, which just so happened to me made of crystal, so Zaffer winced and shied away. Opal took no notice. "No brother of mine is going to be depressed about something in the shadows."

Lost skipped up to them, rolling the pearl in her claws. "That sounds nice." She murmured, staring into the distance. "I wish I knew my sisters better." Opal yelped at the sight of her. "There you are! Wow, you're so good at hiding and the shadows and stuff. Must be shade magic, right? Anyways, now that you're here, we can forcefully hug Zaffer together!"

Lost grinned and sat on Zaffer's foot again, wrapping her arms around his leg. "Uh. . ." Zaffer trailed off, struggling to move under the weight of the two dragonesses. Opal's eyes lit up. "Oh yeah, August is here too!" She chirped, lighting up from the inside. "AUGUST!" Opal hollered, making Zaffer and Lost wince. "COME HUG ZAFFER WITH US!!!"

August suddenly appeared out of the shadows, his glowing yellow-green runes lighting up the dark. "Uhm. . . okay?" He said awkwardly, stepping up to Zaffer's side and patting him on the back. "How do you do it?" August asked, only half joking.

Zaffer blinked at him. "How can you deal with Opal like this all the time?" he repeated. Zaffer suddenly barked a laugh, nearly causing Opal to topple off his back. "I wanted to ask you the same thing." He said, grinning. "You're her boyfriend after all."

August chuckled. "That doesn't make it any easier." he said with an eye roll. Opal leaned her head down between them. "I can hear you!" She snapped, but sounded mostly like she was trying to hide the laughter in her voice. August looked like something explosive had just hit him in the face, and Opal giggled at it. "You're adorable when you're surprised." She teased.

August reddened slightly. He averted attention my clearing his throat and changing the subject. "Well, the reason why was looking for you all was because Jade and Janus have found something crucial really close by." Opal's grin slipped into a nervous frown and she slid off of Zaffer's back. "Good crucial or bad crucial?" She asked, biting the corners of her mouth and her green eyes clouding with worry.

August's eyes seemed to twinkle. "You're adorable when you're worried." He teased. Opal's expression shifted into a mock rage and she cuffed August on the shoulder. "So? Out with it." She demanded, looking earnestly at his face. "I don't want to be fighting another harpy or rotten bamboo or The. . ." She trailed of but she didn't have to finish her sentence, An uneasy quiet momentarily filled the clearing.

"It's nothing like that." August hastily assured them, everyone collectively relaxing. "They had me play laser Narwhals with Romeo and Juno while they went scouting ahead together" He shook his head. "That was an experience I'll never forget." He added to himself. "But while they were out, they spotted something great."

"They found a town."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer
@ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon
@DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11
@Faolyn @GhostBreath @Catkidemma
@WhoOwlborn @SpaghettiFlyer
Sorry this took so long guys! Some art of Lost, by @LapisDragon17718:
dDRKWt.png
Also, another one of @Faolyn's generously wonderful extravagant and amazing works of art: [img]https://image.ibb.co/exaCeR/Wandering_Winds_August.png[/img] Thanks so much again! August looks positively stunning :D
Also, another one of @Faolyn's generously wonderful extravagant and amazing works of art:
Wandering_Winds_August.png
Thanks so much again! August looks positively stunning :D
@Aetherstorm Oh pff the last one wasn't boring! Come on you can't have a game called Laser Narwhals and call it "boring" XD

But anyways I still stand with my opinion that Lost x Zaffer is like,,, the new great ship
@Aetherstorm Oh pff the last one wasn't boring! Come on you can't have a game called Laser Narwhals and call it "boring" XD

But anyways I still stand with my opinion that Lost x Zaffer is like,,, the new great ship
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@mayanaz
Aw, thanks :)

And I was kind of worried people would start shipping them, but the age and size difference is so huge I don't think it's going to happen ^^'
@mayanaz
Aw, thanks :)

And I was kind of worried people would start shipping them, but the age and size difference is so huge I don't think it's going to happen ^^'
@Aetherstorm

always happy to oblige! i'll send some more your way once I finish them ^^
@Aetherstorm

always happy to oblige! i'll send some more your way once I finish them ^^
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
@Aetherstorm Well then, Plan B! Lost and Romeo! I WILL GO DOWN WITH IT

I am a very determined shipper :)
@Aetherstorm Well then, Plan B! Lost and Romeo! I WILL GO DOWN WITH IT

I am a very determined shipper :)
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@mayanaz
MAAAAAAYBE *mysterious look*

Juno also deserves more love :'(
@mayanaz
MAAAAAAYBE *mysterious look*

Juno also deserves more love :'(
@Aetherstorm

worry not, friendo ;> Juno was the next on my list
@Aetherstorm

worry not, friendo ;> Juno was the next on my list
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
@Faolyn
Thanks! Aw, look, she's blushing! ^w^

And I sort of want to start a poll now on how to make Juno more interesting. . .
@Faolyn
Thanks! Aw, look, she's blushing! ^w^

And I sort of want to start a poll now on how to make Juno more interesting. . .
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 247 248