Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm Aaaaah it was so good! Poor Zaffer ;-; But Zaffer Steps yesssss :D
@Aetherstorm Aaaaah it was so good! Poor Zaffer ;-; But Zaffer Steps yesssss :D
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
So glad you like Zaffer Steps XD
And Zaffer's magical abilities will surely come in handy in the future ;)
@Moonsong48
So glad you like Zaffer Steps XD
And Zaffer's magical abilities will surely come in handy in the future ;)
[center][item=mycena mushroom][item=copper ore][item=stonewatch scrub] (Coli, writing, coli! Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys. I've haven't really been into it lately. I hope you enjoy the new update!) [b]Day 3:[/b] It had been a full week since jade had taught Opal and Zaffer how to fly, and the depressing truth of Zaffer's clan banishment had been revealed. The two hatchlings were starting to grow a bit more, but they were still as small and immature as ever. [b]"Zaffer! Stop it!!!"[/b] Opal's voice squealed. [b]"I'm trying to [i]concentrate[/i]!"[/b] Jade lifted her head to see the two hatchlings scuffling over by the fire pit. [b]"You don't have to concentrate right in the middle of camp."[/b] Zaffer said back, stepping delicately around his sister. Opal stuck her tongue out after him, then turned back to her experiment. Before her was a limp birch sapling, out of place in the bamboo forest, and a petunia with it's little purple petals spread out proudly beside it. Opal scrunched up her nose in concentration, her tiny claws lighting up green, and the brushed the tiny leaves of the birch tree. Before Opal and Jade's very eyes, the little sapling grew another five inches, the trunk thickening a bit and slightly darkening in color. The fresh, pale green leaves that grew off of it's new branches were bigger and a deeper green, waving cheerily in the constant, soothing breeze. Opal squeaked with delight at the small sapling before her. [b]"Jade, look!"[/b] She yelped, racing over and tugging on one of jade's wings. [b]"I know Opal, I saw."[/b] Jade replied, laughing while she got to her feet. Opal's gaze returned to the plants. [b]"Is that what Zaffer can do too? He grew a big pretty flower last time."[/b] Jade shook her head. [b]"Zaffer make's things better and cooler."[/b] She said. [b]"You help grow plants."[/b] [b]"How much better and cooler?"[/b] Opal asked curiously. Jade looked around the clearing, searching for something she could use an an example. [b]"Like that rock over there."[/b] Jade said, nodding over to the gray lump sticking out of the ground. [b]"You could make moss grow on it. Maybe more if your magic was developed. Zaffer could make it a geode, or a rock with shiny, valuable rocks inside of it."[/b] [i]His magic is so strong, he might even be able to turn the whole thing to crystal.[/i] Jade thought to herself. Zaffer had refused to show them any more magic, being stoic despite his usual introverted self. Poseidon had only asked him about it once, and Opal had wanted to see more of it for ages, but Jade quietly protected him from the fresh guilt that seemed to strike him every night about his magic and his clan. [b]"Cool!"[/b] Opal chirped. Jade grinned down at the shiny young Nocturne. She never seemed to feel scared of jealous about anything at all. The silver hatchling only seemed to want to seek out the most adventurous things in life. A bit later on, Poseidon moved back into camp after a hunting trip. He usually brought plants and seafood with him. Jade was totally fine with that, but sort of longed for the tangy taste of meat recently. Zaffer would eat anything, but Opal seemed kind of tired of eating insects all the time. [i]We should leave soon.[/i] Jade thought, a sudden idea striking her. [i]Start our own camp and find new dragons and make a living.[/i] With the new idea stuck in her head, Jade was fidgety with excitement as she brought the hatchlings and joined Poseidon around the campfire, the sky already darkening slightly. Poseidon split up the portions as usual. Him and Zaffer eating the seafood, while Jade and Opal feasted on bits of insects. Jade had tried to urge Opal to taste some seafood once, maybe as a replacement for meat, but the Nocturne spit it out immediately and found a few million ways to complain about it. Jade devoured her portion of beetles in a rush, her tail flickering anxiously from time to time. Poseidon gave her weird look. [b]"What do you want to tell us?"[/b] He asked through a mouth full of Silverside Tetras. Jade chuckled at herself for being so obvious. [b]"I think we should find a new camp of our own soon."[/b] Jade said. She cast a nervous glance at Poseidon. [b]"Zaffer, Opal, and I, of course."[/b] She said quickly. [b]"You can feel free to come too."[/b] Poseidon gave her a certain look, as if it was crazy she thought he wouldn't come. [b]"We are moving?"[/b] Opal asked, gazing up at Jade with those curious green eyes. Zaffer looked up at all of them too, his lanky body curled up near Jade's own. [b]"I think it's a good idea."[/b] He said. Jade smiled, submerging herself in her happiest memories of the past. [b]"Free to fly wherever you want to go, the wind playing with your wings and tail, and the excitement of spotting the shape of The Cloudsong in the distance."[/b] She said, all of those memories flashing before her eyes. [b]"We could hunt for anything we desired, whether it's be Cottontail Rabbits or Micromoths or Sea Sparrows."[/b] Opal chirruped excitedly at this bit of news. Even Zaffer seemed to long for everything Jade was speaking of. [b]"We could meet new dragons and find new caves and soar over the rushing rapids that run through the edges of the Windswept Plateau."[/b] Jade emerged back into reality, blinking the haze of memories from her eyes. It felt so relieving to relive those memories. When she still had her parents and her brothers. Even the cranky old mirror that lingered within the clan. [b]"I wanna go!"[/b] Opal cried excitedly. [b]"Me too!"[/b] Zaffer yelped, leaping to his feet. Jade settled them down. "Not tonight, little ones." She said. [b]"But soon. Maybe a few more days here, to get ready and allow you two to grow a bit more. Then we can go."[/b] [b]"Then I'm coming with you."[/b] Poseidon said, clenching his talons together. [b]"I know you haven't known me for too long, or how much you know these hatchlings, but I feel the need to protect them, so that's what i'm going to do."[/b] Jade giggled. "Of course you can." She said, humored by the fact he was making such a big deal out of it. [b]"But we should get some sleep for now. What do you think?"[/b] Poseidon looked relieved and a tiny bit embarrassed at this. [b]"I think it's a great idea."[/b] He said with a sigh. Jade nodded, and hustled up the hatchlings to tuck them to sleep in the cozy darkness of the small bamboo hut once more.[/center] ----- @AmberHive @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis @Moonsong48 Hey guys! Welcome back! I hope you love the new update. I know it's a bit shorter than the others ^^' The dragons might leave in the next two to three posts. Then the real adventure can begin :P

(Coli, writing, coli! Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys. I've haven't really been into it lately.
I hope you enjoy the new update!)

Day 3:
It had been a full week since jade had taught Opal and Zaffer how to fly, and the depressing truth of Zaffer's clan banishment had been revealed. The two hatchlings were starting to grow a bit more, but they were still as small and immature as ever.

"Zaffer! Stop it!!!" Opal's voice squealed. "I'm trying to concentrate!" Jade lifted her head to see the two hatchlings scuffling over by the fire pit. "You don't have to concentrate right in the middle of camp." Zaffer said back, stepping delicately around his sister. Opal stuck her tongue out after him, then turned back to her experiment.

Before her was a limp birch sapling, out of place in the bamboo forest, and a petunia with it's little purple petals spread out proudly beside it. Opal scrunched up her nose in concentration, her tiny claws lighting up green, and the brushed the tiny leaves of the birch tree.

Before Opal and Jade's very eyes, the little sapling grew another five inches, the trunk thickening a bit and slightly darkening in color. The fresh, pale green leaves that grew off of it's new branches were bigger and a deeper green, waving cheerily in the constant, soothing breeze.

Opal squeaked with delight at the small sapling before her. "Jade, look!" She yelped, racing over and tugging on one of jade's wings. "I know Opal, I saw." Jade replied, laughing while she got to her feet. Opal's gaze returned to the plants. "Is that what Zaffer can do too? He grew a big pretty flower last time." Jade shook her head. "Zaffer make's things better and cooler." She said. "You help grow plants."

"How much better and cooler?" Opal asked curiously. Jade looked around the clearing,
searching for something she could use an an example. "Like that rock over there." Jade said, nodding over to the gray lump sticking out of the ground. "You could make moss grow on it. Maybe more if your magic was developed. Zaffer could make it a geode, or a rock with shiny, valuable rocks inside of it." His magic is so strong, he might even be able to turn the whole thing to crystal. Jade thought to herself.

Zaffer had refused to show them any more magic, being stoic despite his usual introverted self. Poseidon had only asked him about it once, and Opal had wanted to see more of it for ages, but Jade quietly protected him from the fresh guilt that seemed to strike him every night about his magic and his clan.

"Cool!" Opal chirped. Jade grinned down at the shiny young Nocturne. She never seemed to feel scared of jealous about anything at all. The silver hatchling only seemed to want to seek out the most adventurous things in life.

A bit later on, Poseidon moved back into camp after a hunting trip. He usually brought plants and seafood with him. Jade was totally fine with that, but sort of longed for the tangy taste of meat recently. Zaffer would eat anything, but Opal seemed kind of tired of eating insects all the time. We should leave soon. Jade thought, a sudden idea striking her. Start our own camp and find new dragons and make a living.

With the new idea stuck in her head, Jade was fidgety with excitement as she brought the hatchlings and joined Poseidon around the campfire, the sky already darkening slightly.

Poseidon split up the portions as usual. Him and Zaffer eating the seafood, while Jade and Opal feasted on bits of insects. Jade had tried to urge Opal to taste some seafood once, maybe as a replacement for meat, but the Nocturne spit it out immediately and found a few million ways to complain about it.

Jade devoured her portion of beetles in a rush, her tail flickering anxiously from time to time.
Poseidon gave her weird look. "What do you want to tell us?" He asked through a mouth full of Silverside Tetras. Jade chuckled at herself for being so obvious. "I think we should find a new camp of our own soon." Jade said. She cast a nervous glance at Poseidon. "Zaffer, Opal, and I, of course." She said quickly. "You can feel free to come too."

Poseidon gave her a certain look, as if it was crazy she thought he wouldn't come. "We are moving?" Opal asked, gazing up at Jade with those curious green eyes. Zaffer looked up at all of them too, his lanky body curled up near Jade's own. "I think it's a good idea." He said.

Jade smiled, submerging herself in her happiest memories of the past. "Free to fly wherever you want to go, the wind playing with your wings and tail, and the excitement of spotting the shape of The Cloudsong in the distance." She said, all of those memories flashing before her eyes. "We could hunt for anything we desired, whether it's be Cottontail Rabbits or Micromoths or Sea Sparrows." Opal chirruped excitedly at this bit of news. Even Zaffer seemed to long for everything Jade was speaking of. "We could meet new dragons and find new caves and soar over the rushing rapids that run through the edges of the Windswept Plateau."

Jade emerged back into reality, blinking the haze of memories from her eyes. It felt so relieving to relive those memories. When she still had her parents and her brothers. Even the cranky old mirror that lingered within the clan. "I wanna go!" Opal cried excitedly. "Me too!" Zaffer yelped, leaping to his feet. Jade settled them down. "Not tonight, little ones." She said.
"But soon. Maybe a few more days here, to get ready and allow you two to grow a bit more. Then we can go."

"Then I'm coming with you." Poseidon said, clenching his talons together. "I know you haven't known me for too long, or how much you know these hatchlings, but I feel the need to protect them, so that's what i'm going to do." Jade giggled. "Of course you can." She said,
humored by the fact he was making such a big deal out of it. "But we should get some sleep for now. What do you think?"

Poseidon looked relieved and a tiny bit embarrassed at this. "I think it's a great idea." He said with a sigh. Jade nodded, and hustled up the hatchlings to tuck them to sleep in the cozy darkness of the small bamboo hut once more.

@AmberHive @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn
@PuellaFortis @Moonsong48
Hey guys! Welcome back! I hope you love the new update. I know it's a bit shorter than the others ^^' The dragons might leave in the next two to three posts. Then the real adventure can begin :P
@Aetherstorm Love it! :D One thing I noticed- [quote name="Aetherstorm" date=2017-08-08 16:13:24] "Zaffer! Stop it!!!" Opal's voice squealed. "I'm trying to concentrate!" Jade lifted her head to see the two hatchlings scuffling over by the fire pit. "You don't have to concentrate right in the middle of camp." Zaffer said back, [b]stepping delicately around his sister[/b]. Opal stuck her tongue out after him, then turned back to her experiment.[/quote] Is 'his sister' Opal? Does that mean they are blood siblings in the Pinkerlocke, or just close like siblings?
@Aetherstorm Love it! :D

One thing I noticed-
Aetherstorm wrote on 2017-08-08:
"Zaffer! Stop it!!!" Opal's voice squealed. "I'm trying to concentrate!" Jade lifted her head to see the two hatchlings scuffling over by the fire pit. "You don't have to concentrate right in the middle of camp." Zaffer said back, stepping delicately around his sister. Opal stuck her tongue out after him, then turned back to her experiment.

Is 'his sister' Opal? Does that mean they are blood siblings in the Pinkerlocke, or just close like siblings?
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
They're close like siblings. I know I should have waited a while longer before I referred to them as that, but it worked so well in the sentence ^^' I'll be sure to avoid writing things like that for a bit, to avoid confusion XD
@Moonsong48
They're close like siblings. I know I should have waited a while longer before I referred to them as that, but it worked so well in the sentence ^^' I'll be sure to avoid writing things like that for a bit, to avoid confusion XD
@Aetherstorm

I love it already, ah!!! All the dragons you got are so cool looking too, Jade and Zaffer are absolutely GORGEOUS dragons! I love all of them so far! :D

Please add me to the pinglist!
@Aetherstorm

I love it already, ah!!! All the dragons you got are so cool looking too, Jade and Zaffer are absolutely GORGEOUS dragons! I love all of them so far! :D

Please add me to the pinglist!
4b40b2f9-4ba5-4fd2-a317-1e6dd38aa0b7_kindlephoto-7188849.png4b40b2f9-4ba5-4fd2-a317-1e6dd38aa0b7_kindlephoto-7213903.png4b40b2f9-4ba5-4fd2-a317-1e6dd38aa0b7_kindlephoto-7240125.png
@Spottedleaf125
I'd be glad to! I'm so glad you like them!!!
@Spottedleaf125
I'd be glad to! I'm so glad you like them!!!
@Aetherstorm

Could I be put on the pinglist for this? Specifically, if you get any apparel?
@Aetherstorm

Could I be put on the pinglist for this? Specifically, if you get any apparel?
GE3vi9z.pngvhkml8U.png
K A L L Y P A I G E
Subspecies Hatchery
@Aetherstorm

Can you add me to the pinglist?
@Aetherstorm

Can you add me to the pinglist?
ck2CMHK.gif
@Skyeset @KallyPaige
Sure! No problem!!!
@Skyeset @KallyPaige
Sure! No problem!!!