Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm AHHHHHHH!!!!! #OPALANDAUGUSTFORLIFE I BARELY MADE IT THROUGH THE POST WITHOUT DYING!!!! XD
@Aetherstorm AHHHHHHH!!!!! #OPALANDAUGUSTFORLIFE I BARELY MADE IT THROUGH THE POST WITHOUT DYING!!!! XD
HqTNh.gifYj47j.gifO9imS.giftSCN1.gif6YZEO.gifr91Qd.gifqO039.gifcL2Xg.gifaPvG7.gif - Click me signaturebannerdigimon11.png
@Aetherstorm
.... I can't stop grinning like an idiot now, this is so perfect. 11/10
@Aetherstorm
.... I can't stop grinning like an idiot now, this is so perfect. 11/10
iVesxec.png
@Digimon11 @CrAZDragon
:D I'm so so so so so glad you love it!!!!!!
I had very similar reactions to the both of you >u0

PEOPLE ACTUALLY LOVE MY WRITING!!!
@Digimon11 @CrAZDragon
:D I'm so so so so so glad you love it!!!!!!
I had very similar reactions to the both of you >u0

PEOPLE ACTUALLY LOVE MY WRITING!!!
[center][item=cricket] (Zaffer spotlight today :) [b]Day 24:[/b] Zaffer was curled up comfortably in the center of a dense forest of bamboo, flicking bits of crickets into the air so Ash, his little sparrowmouse, could flit up and spear them with his slanted beak. Once the last crickets had dissipated down his gullet, Ash crawled towards Zaffer, sniffing curiously at his claws. [b]"Sorry, Ash. No more."[/b] Zaffer said with a chuckle, patting Ash on the head. The sparrowmouse turned away, disgruntled, and began scraping hopefully at the ground. Zaffer laughed a little, watching him jump onto every shifting blade of grass. [b]"I don't think I was ever as happy as you."[/b] Zaffer murmured, remembering horrible magenta sparks fly before his eyes. Ash turned around and blinked sympathetically at Zaffer, as if he could understand every word. Ash gave up his hunt for food and bounded towards Zaffer, chirping happily as he squirmed under his huge wing. Zaffer laughed and opened his wing, letting the sparrowmouse curl up underneath his arm. He was only about the size of one of Zaffer's talons, but that didn't seem to scare him very much. Zaffer settled comfortably into the quiet, enjoying the silence that settled over him like a blanket. The bird stilled, the sun grew hazy, and the shadows grew. Swelling, reachung, expanding into infinite lengths. . . and then Lost was there, every shining scale melting and shaping itself out of darkness. Zaffer jumped to his feet in surprise, Ash tumbling over the ground in a flourish of black and purple feathers and inane squawking. [b]"Lost!"[/b] Zaffer blurted as the pearlcatcher started towards him in silky, graceful movements. [b]"How did you get here? Or, do. . . that."[/b] Lost came to a halt in front of him, pale green eyes piercing through the darkness of her hood. [b]"I have shade magic."[/b] She whispered, holding out a talon like one would a priceless ring. Then it clenched into a fist, veins pulsing. [b]"Dangerous magic."[/b] Her voice still had it's trademark wispy feel, but some gloomy feeling propelled them out of her mouth. This matched Zaffer's new feeling of dread all too well. Lost blinked and continued. [b]"Jade said that you were. . . gifted."[/b] Lost explained in her little dragonet voice. She dropped her head, closely inspecting her shuffling talons. [b]"I-I thought you could help me."[/b] Zaffer stumbled back, nearly stepping on Ash, who rolled frantically out of the way. [b]"N-n-no."[/b] He mumbled, his claws shaking. [b]"I c-couldn't do-o that."[/b] Horrible shrieks echoed in his ears, and the feeling of thick liquid staining his claws arose once more. Lost gazed at him worriedly and gingerly placed a little talon on his own, and all the memories vanished. [b]"Please tell me."[/b] She whispered, her little claws ice-cold against Zaffer's scales. [b]"I don't want it to happen. . . again."[/b] Lost added quietly. Zaffer was being torn apart from the inside, clenching his eyes shut. [b]"No, Lost, you don't understand."[/b] He blurted, beginning to pant. He pulled his talons away from Lost's touch and kneaded the ground with them nervously, churning up the earth. [b]"You aren't as young as I was. You're smarter than me and conscious of your own powers. I-I couldn't think back then."[/b] He scowled and turned away. Lost stubbornly remained seated in front of him. [b]"I have to know."[/b] She demanded, stamping a foot against the ground. [b]"I don't wanna be evil, but you aren't either. Please tell me, Zaffer."[/b] She pleaded, reaching out again. Zaffer huffed angrily, turning away and sweeping his tail in front of him. Ash chirped something in argument, but nobody could speak to birds, so nobody knew on whose side he was on. Lost's eyes lingered, boring into the back of Zaffer's head. [b]"Fine, Lost."[/b] Muttered Zaffer with a pitiful sigh. [b]"I'll tell you, but not today. I-I can't yet. With Poseidon still. . . gone."[/b] Lost averted her gaze and dropped her abnormally small wings, a more sympathetic look arising in her eyes. [b]"Tomorrow."[/b] She suggested in a small voice. [b]"You can tell me tomorrow."[/b] Zaffer spun around, opening his mouth to argue, but Lost's face stopped him dead. [b]"Fine."[/b] He admitted, closing his wings. [b]"But no one else listens, okay? No little hatchling play groups."[/b] Lost's mouth pulled back into a toothy grin. [b]"Hatchling play groups?"[/b] She echoing jokingly. [b]"Whatever do you mean?"[/b] Zaffer rolled his eyes, crawling back to his feet. [b]"Oh, shut up, I get it."[/b] he growled mockingly. [b]"No need to feel sorry for yourself."[/b] Lost blinked back innocently, a smile still playing her lips. [b]"I'm not. It's funny, actually."[/b] She responded, her voice sounding a bit more firm. [b]"Juno obviously has a huge crush on Romeo."[/b] Zaffer gave her an incredulous look. Lost continued, not noticing. [b]"Princesses were never good at fighting that sort of thing."[/b] Zaffer shook his head, fighting a laugh. [b]"Don't get your hopes up."[/b] He said with a new twinkle in his magenta eyes. Lost began to shiver again, but her humor remained. [b]"It's true."[/b] She squeaked, the corners of her mouth quirking upwards. [b]"Ask August."[/b] She tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment. [b]"No, don't. Too busy mooning over Opal."[/b] Both of them grinned at this. [b]"They think they're being so secretive."[/b] Zaffer mused, reaching out an arm so Ash could flutter onto his shoulder. He started forward, sweeping Lost ahead with his tail. [b]"Now let's get back to camp. I'll tell you of my past tomorrow."[/b][/center] --------- @AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Faolyn @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn Ooooo, Zaffer's being angsty :P

(Zaffer spotlight today :)

Day 24:

Zaffer was curled up comfortably in the center of a dense forest of bamboo, flicking bits of crickets into the air so Ash, his little sparrowmouse, could flit up and spear them with his slanted beak. Once the last crickets had dissipated down his gullet, Ash crawled towards Zaffer, sniffing curiously at his claws.

"Sorry, Ash. No more." Zaffer said with a chuckle, patting Ash on the head. The sparrowmouse turned away, disgruntled, and began scraping hopefully at the ground. Zaffer laughed a little, watching him jump onto every shifting blade of grass.

"I don't think I was ever as happy as you." Zaffer murmured, remembering horrible magenta sparks fly before his eyes. Ash turned around and blinked sympathetically at Zaffer, as if he could understand every word. Ash gave up his hunt for food and bounded towards Zaffer, chirping happily as he squirmed under his huge wing.

Zaffer laughed and opened his wing, letting the sparrowmouse curl up underneath his arm. He was only about the size of one of Zaffer's talons, but that didn't seem to scare him very much. Zaffer settled comfortably into the quiet, enjoying the silence that settled over him like a blanket. The bird stilled, the sun grew hazy, and the shadows grew. Swelling, reachung, expanding into infinite lengths. . .

and then Lost was there, every shining scale melting and shaping itself out of darkness.

Zaffer jumped to his feet in surprise, Ash tumbling over the ground in a flourish of black and purple feathers and inane squawking. "Lost!" Zaffer blurted as the pearlcatcher started towards him in silky, graceful movements. "How did you get here? Or, do. . . that."

Lost came to a halt in front of him, pale green eyes piercing through the darkness of her hood. "I have shade magic." She whispered, holding out a talon like one would a priceless ring. Then it clenched into a fist, veins pulsing. "Dangerous magic." Her voice still had it's trademark wispy feel, but some gloomy feeling propelled them out of her mouth. This matched Zaffer's new feeling of dread all too well.

Lost blinked and continued. "Jade said that you were. . . gifted." Lost explained in her little dragonet voice. She dropped her head, closely inspecting her shuffling talons. "I-I thought you could help me." Zaffer stumbled back, nearly stepping on Ash, who rolled frantically out of the way.

"N-n-no." He mumbled, his claws shaking. "I c-couldn't do-o that." Horrible shrieks echoed in his ears, and the feeling of thick liquid staining his claws arose once more. Lost gazed at him worriedly and gingerly placed a little talon on his own, and all the memories vanished.

"Please tell me." She whispered, her little claws ice-cold against Zaffer's scales. "I don't want it to happen. . . again." Lost added quietly. Zaffer was being torn apart from the inside, clenching his eyes shut. "No, Lost, you don't understand." He blurted, beginning to pant. He pulled his talons away from Lost's touch and kneaded the ground with them nervously, churning up the earth.

"You aren't as young as I was. You're smarter than me and conscious of your own powers. I-I couldn't think back then." He scowled and turned away. Lost stubbornly remained seated in front of him. "I have to know." She demanded, stamping a foot against the ground. "I don't wanna be evil, but you aren't either. Please tell me, Zaffer." She pleaded, reaching out again.

Zaffer huffed angrily, turning away and sweeping his tail in front of him. Ash chirped something in argument, but nobody could speak to birds, so nobody knew on whose side he was on. Lost's eyes lingered, boring into the back of Zaffer's head. "Fine, Lost." Muttered Zaffer with a pitiful sigh. "I'll tell you, but not today. I-I can't yet. With Poseidon still. . . gone."

Lost averted her gaze and dropped her abnormally small wings, a more sympathetic look arising in her eyes. "Tomorrow." She suggested in a small voice. "You can tell me tomorrow." Zaffer spun around, opening his mouth to argue, but Lost's face stopped him dead.

"Fine." He admitted, closing his wings. "But no one else listens, okay? No little hatchling play groups." Lost's mouth pulled back into a toothy grin. "Hatchling play groups?" She echoing jokingly. "Whatever do you mean?"

Zaffer rolled his eyes, crawling back to his feet. "Oh, shut up, I get it." he growled mockingly. "No need to feel sorry for yourself." Lost blinked back innocently, a smile still playing her lips. "I'm not. It's funny, actually." She responded, her voice sounding a bit more firm. "Juno obviously has a huge crush on Romeo." Zaffer gave her an incredulous look. Lost continued, not noticing. "Princesses were never good at fighting that sort of thing."

Zaffer shook his head, fighting a laugh. "Don't get your hopes up." He said with a new twinkle in his magenta eyes. Lost began to shiver again, but her humor remained. "It's true." She squeaked, the corners of her mouth quirking upwards. "Ask August." She tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment. "No, don't. Too busy mooning over Opal."

Both of them grinned at this. "They think they're being so secretive." Zaffer mused, reaching out an arm so Ash could flutter onto his shoulder. He started forward, sweeping Lost ahead with his tail. "Now let's get back to camp. I'll tell you of my past tomorrow."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer
@ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon
@DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11
@Faolyn @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn

Ooooo, Zaffer's being angsty :P
@Aetherstorm Wow Zaffer

But OPAUGUST EVERYWHERE *screem*
@Aetherstorm Wow Zaffer

But OPAUGUST EVERYWHERE *screem*
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
psst i'm just starting to read this but could i maybe be added to the pinglist?? i'm loving reading this! all the dragons have such personality, and it's lovely <3

@Aetherstorm
psst i'm just starting to read this but could i maybe be added to the pinglist?? i'm loving reading this! all the dragons have such personality, and it's lovely <3

@Aetherstorm
Dragons in my fodder/for sale lair tab aren't open for forum games! Tza and Forge are also off limits for flirt threads- Thank you!
he/him or they/them - 20 - feel free to call me Ghost
@Ghostbreath
Sure! No problem, I glad you like it ^w^
@Ghostbreath
Sure! No problem, I glad you like it ^w^
[center][item=elk pelt] (Sorry it's so late guys! I guess my weekends are always so crammed they should count as Hiatus ^^') [b]Day 25:[/b] Zaffer watched as Jade tugged a leaf through the air with her wind magic, smiling as Romeo leaped after it, his tongue lolling out with excitement. Zaffer jumped at every noise from behind him or every shift of shadows, concerned that Lost was going to jump out at him any moment. He felt kind of guilty for avoiding her that whole day, trying not to talk about his past. The option of making a shadow-bending, prophetic, chaos-touched dragonet mad or talking of how he nearly exploded his clan leader were pretty close. [i]It's weird she hasn't even tried to talk to me yet.[/i] He thought, casting a look over his shoulder into the shadow-y depths of the forest. [i]Must be busy with something else.[/i] He was both relieved and unsettled, but decided to wipe it away from his mind and turn back to Romeo, who had finally trapped the feather between his jaws. Jade and janus both laughed, their tails entwined as they watched their son drop it back at their feet and puff out his chest all mature-like. [b]"Good job, my little caterpillar!"[/b] jade cooed, tapping him on the nose. Romeo nudged her away, his cracking face desperately trying not too laugh. [b]"He's ticklish."[/b] Janus teased, poking Romeo in the ribs. The blue spiral jumped back, a squawk of retort contorted with giggles. [b]"You know, you're getting older Romeo."[/b] Jade reminded him, gazing at her son with earnest eyes. [b]"Soon we won't be able to tickle you and play with flying feathers."[/b] Romeo jumped up, his face clashing between being proud or distraught. [b]"But I [i]am[/i] a big boy!"[/b] He insisted, fluttering his eight wings. [b]"But I don't wanna stop paying with youuuuuuu!"[/b] Be barreled into his parent's arms, burying his face into Jade's shoulder. Jade patted his head affectionately, and Romeo looked up at her with teary eyes. [b]"Don't worry, big guy."[/b] Janus put in with a charming grin. [b]"How about we go play Laser narwhals [i]right now[/i]?"[/b] Romeo immediately brightened, a very similar beaming smile breaking through his pouty face. [b]"Really?"[/b] He squeaked excitedly. [b]"Laser Narwhals?"[/b] Jade shot Janus skeptical look, but her mate took no notice and instead heaved Romeo up onto his shoulders. [b]"Yes, Laser Narwhals!"[/b] Janus insisted enthusiastically. [b]"We'll play it by the stream. Mommy can be the hug-ambushing anemone again!"[/b] Jade shook her head, but a smile played t her lips. [b]"Then come you two brave crusaders."[/b] She teased, sashaying away. [b]"Us sea creatures can't be out of the water for too long."[/b] Zaffer watched them go, feeling wistful for the days when he was still a tiny little hatchling (not tiny, actually, since he's a 30 meter Imperial) that frolicked around with Opal and Poseidon. He sighed, remembering the time that Opal had 'accidentally' stuffed a cricket up his nose after he was stepped on her drawing of The Windsinger, which was really just a squiggle with eyes saying `LOL` in big hatchling letters. The wind changed course and made the trees rustle and Zaffer flinched away, expecting Lost to pop out of the shadows and start blabbering about doom or something. Nothing but whistling as the breeze glid through the tree's leaves met him in return. [b]"I wonder where she is."[/b] Zaffer mumbled to himself, getting up and shooting a nervous look around. He shrugged and scooted further into the sunlight. [i]Lost is off probably chatting about that odd Raiden character to Juno.[/i] He figured, clawing at a blackberry bush and plopping a few in his mouth. [i]She's Lost! I'm sure she's fine.[/i] But he was wrong. Lost sat in the center of a cocoon of pitch-black shadows, slick, pearly tears sliding down her face as she sobbed. Thick black mucus melted out of her wings and hardened on her pearl, carrying horrible, downcast memories. It's hungry glow shone evilly in the calm darkness, glinting maliciously just as an evil grin would. --------[/center] @AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Faolyn @GhostBreath @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn

(Sorry it's so late guys! I guess my weekends are always so crammed they should count as Hiatus ^^')

Day 25:
Zaffer watched as Jade tugged a leaf through the air with her wind magic, smiling as Romeo leaped after it, his tongue lolling out with excitement. Zaffer jumped at every noise from behind him or every shift of shadows, concerned that Lost was going to jump out at him any moment.

He felt kind of guilty for avoiding her that whole day, trying not to talk about his past. The option of making a shadow-bending, prophetic, chaos-touched dragonet mad or talking of how he nearly exploded his clan leader were pretty close.

It's weird she hasn't even tried to talk to me yet. He thought, casting a look over his shoulder into the shadow-y depths of the forest. Must be busy with something else. He was both relieved and unsettled, but decided to wipe it away from his mind and turn back to Romeo, who had finally trapped the feather between his jaws.

Jade and janus both laughed, their tails entwined as they watched their son drop it back at their feet and puff out his chest all mature-like. "Good job, my little caterpillar!" jade cooed, tapping him on the nose. Romeo nudged her away, his cracking face desperately trying not too laugh.

"He's ticklish." Janus teased, poking Romeo in the ribs. The blue spiral jumped back, a squawk of retort contorted with giggles. "You know, you're getting older Romeo." Jade reminded him, gazing at her son with earnest eyes. "Soon we won't be able to tickle you and play with flying feathers."

Romeo jumped up, his face clashing between being proud or distraught. "But I am a big boy!" He insisted, fluttering his eight wings. "But I don't wanna stop paying with youuuuuuu!" Be barreled into his parent's arms, burying his face into Jade's shoulder. Jade patted his head affectionately, and Romeo looked up at her with teary eyes. "Don't worry, big guy." Janus put in with a charming grin. "How about we go play Laser narwhals right now?"

Romeo immediately brightened, a very similar beaming smile breaking through his pouty face. "Really?" He squeaked excitedly. "Laser Narwhals?" Jade shot Janus skeptical look, but her mate took no notice and instead heaved Romeo up onto his shoulders. "Yes, Laser Narwhals!" Janus insisted enthusiastically. "We'll play it by the stream. Mommy can be the hug-ambushing anemone again!"

Jade shook her head, but a smile played t her lips. "Then come you two brave crusaders." She teased, sashaying away. "Us sea creatures can't be out of the water for too long."

Zaffer watched them go, feeling wistful for the days when he was still a tiny little hatchling (not tiny, actually, since he's a 30 meter Imperial) that frolicked around with Opal and Poseidon. He sighed, remembering the time that Opal had 'accidentally' stuffed a cricket up his nose after he was stepped on her drawing of The Windsinger, which was really just a squiggle with eyes saying `LOL` in big hatchling letters.

The wind changed course and made the trees rustle and Zaffer flinched away, expecting Lost to pop out of the shadows and start blabbering about doom or something. Nothing but whistling as the breeze glid through the tree's leaves met him in return. "I wonder where she is." Zaffer mumbled to himself, getting up and shooting a nervous look around.

He shrugged and scooted further into the sunlight. Lost is off probably chatting about that odd Raiden character to Juno. He figured, clawing at a blackberry bush and plopping a few in his mouth. She's Lost! I'm sure she's fine.

But he was wrong.

Lost sat in the center of a cocoon of pitch-black shadows, slick, pearly tears sliding down her face as she sobbed. Thick black mucus melted out of her wings and hardened on her pearl, carrying horrible, downcast memories. It's hungry glow shone evilly in the calm darkness, glinting maliciously just as an evil grin would.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer
@ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon
@DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11
@Faolyn @GhostBreath @Catkidemma
@WhoOwlborn
@Aetherstorm Laser narwhals... hug-ambushing anemone... brave crusaders... XD

But wait Lost nO STOP ;-;

I think I'll do one of these in the summer if I'm still here, I'll have more time then
@Aetherstorm Laser narwhals... hug-ambushing anemone... brave crusaders... XD

But wait Lost nO STOP ;-;

I think I'll do one of these in the summer if I'm still here, I'll have more time then
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@mayanaz
Yuss. Laser Narwahls is a thing now.

I'll make a meme once I learn how to do digital art. . .
@mayanaz
Yuss. Laser Narwahls is a thing now.

I'll make a meme once I learn how to do digital art. . .
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 247 248